Old 02-04-2008, 08:55 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 10"

Default Core Chat - Feb 4th to Feb 10th.

New week, new pages!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:56 AM   #2  

Just a quick good morning. Forgot to post the buffalo chicken salad recipe last night. I'll do that this morning.

Have a good day everyone. BBL
Old 02-04-2008, 09:13 AM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thanks, Paula!

Good Morning Chicks! Well there are 3 more inches of heavy wet snow on the ground here. We had 2 inches come down last night in 70 minutes. Another storm is expected on Tuesday. I'm certain we will break records this year for snowfall. I'm done.

I'm not going to WW today. I'm thinking about switching to Wednesdays or Fridays permanently. I'm not blaming my Leader but she's definitely a factor in my weight loss efforts.....or not....so I'm going to go try out two different Leaders. I already know what the Friday Leader is like since she's subbed for us a couple of times. So, this week I'm going to scope out Wednesday. My WW friend that i met is going to switch with me. Isn't that cool? I go to a Center so I might as well take advantage of having that luxury. I need some new fresh motivation.

I worked on my taxes all day yesterday. Today, I'll be checking them to be sure they are correct. I do not want to have a problem with my former employer!

Happy Monday to all of you. I will get on that treadmill today and I will drink at least 8 eight ounce glasses of water today.

Last edited by Vickie; 02-04-2008 at 09:14 AM.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning:

Thanks for getting us started, Paula.

DH got an email from his DD challenging him to join her in the SB diet. It's a lot like Core, I believe. Anyway, he said he would try

I promise you I cook GOOD food that is healthy, but he is such a snacker on carbs, will NOT exercise and is gaining weight that he cannot afford to gain I hope the challenge from his beloved DD will motivate him.

We don't have any snow forecast, indeed, we are expecting a "heat wave." I hope it arrives.

Vickie, changing leaders is probably a good idea. It does make a difference. And having a friend is an extra bonus!

I didn't care who won the Super Bowl, but I watched the fourth quarter. What football that was. I'm not a sports fan of any type really, but I admire good work!

I thought I had gained weight, but NO!!!!! I lost another pound

I've got to get out of here and go to work. I plan to go to tonight. I'm glad I seem to be through with that bit of resistance.

Have a great day...good luck on the treadmill Vickie!

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:13 AM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

Ok....enough is enough! We are under another storm advisory starting tomorrow night and are expected to get at least 6 more inches through Wednesday afternoon.

I'm getting really bummed.

BTW, Rhonda, I did SB before Core. It was very good and healthy but I love carbs too much to give them up for long during phase I. I decided it wasn't good to give up healthy grains. How's that for rationalizing? Good luck to Doyle. Congratulations to you for dumping another pound!
Old 02-04-2008, 11:38 AM   #6  

Hi all! Yes Vickie, we saw that snow yesterday. This morning we had a thunderstorm with rain! They delayed school for 2 hours - probably to give the plows a chance to clear away the deep, messy slush!

I have planned my menu for the week, down to every meal and snack, everything. I WILL NOT give up...I know I can get past this 145 pounds hump. I remember being 125 not too long ago and it was very nice. I felt so confident and clothes were actually fun - not something I wore to hide my body. I think I'm so short, that 20 pounds makes a BIG difference.

I'm watching my sister's boxer puppy today. Here she is:

Later!
Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 11:52 AM   #7  
Southside White Sox Fan

Ohhhhh.....how cute! You'll get there Angela. I'm going to finish making some corrections to our taxes and then I'm going to try to walk off the stress on the treadmill.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:05 PM   #8  

Angela - What a cute puppy We watched the "Puppy Bowl" yesterday - in between the SuperBowl and the Puppy Bowl was so cute! - and much better than the SB - poor DH

Paula - My DH is from Revere Beach - right on the coast and I lived there with him for 4 years (across from the ocean - it was fantastic!) and we both worked in Boston and it was so convenient! Then we moved northwest a bit - right on the NH border for 3 more years. We are currently in southern New Mexico for the last few months where there is no snow and temps in the 60's We came out here to help my Mom who had moved here from the Chicago area. She had a brain cancer and died a few months ago. Unfortunately even though it is beautifl here, there is no work and so we are looking to go back to MA I got a job offer from a former employer there so we just need to figure out the financial stuff. We are looking again at the coastal area...I loved it! Maybe Salem, Rockport or Gloucester...needless to say, things have been very up and down the last few months...and I hate to say it but I miss snow

Vickie - I agree about finding a leader you can connect with - that is SO improtant!

Ann - Hope you are feeling better

Sandra - The condo is very nice!

Rhonda - great job!!!

Waving HI to anyone I missed...check back later - hope you all have a great day!!

Last edited by Patty575; 02-04-2008 at 12:07 PM.
Patty575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:10 PM   #9  

Hi all... this is Pat(ch) a nickname given to me in my single days... I really need support to break through my eternal plateau. So any thoughts, insights, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Well, they say three times a charm ! It's my third official adventure in weight loss... and it's been (yes I'm showing my age) a decade between each turn. I"m a WW lifetimer and into my 3rd decade of weight loss and/or maintenance. Now that I'm past (just) the 50 year old mark it's gotten a lot harder to lose the weight. I'm diabetic... Type 2 ... take meds for it... and feel it's a factor in keeping me from losing weight... but who knows...

This time around... I've been on and off going to WW mtgs for the past 6 months and have lost and gained the same 3 pounds over and over again.

But, I've committed to going every week to WW for '08. I exercise practically every day: 40 min intensely 3x a week... 1 hr walking a steep hill 1x / wk ... and do yoga 1x / wk... brisk walking on weekends with hubby.

OK now the food... I know the cocktail (Vdka and soda) each eve doesn't help but I do count it, and for now, don't want to give that up. I eat a ton of veggies and fruit... and use the alloted 2 tsp of oil per day. Restaurants are tough... and we go out to a biz or family dinner at least twice a week.

OK enough for now... I'm so grateful you all are here. Thanks.

Patch

Last edited by patch30; 02-04-2008 at 12:11 PM.
patch30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 05:08 PM   #10  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm a trifle worried. Apparently, I have a kidney stone and/or a cyst on my kidney. I have an appointment with the Internist tomorrow to discuss what to do next. I'll try to pop in afterwards to let you all know the plan.

I'd appreciate any and all good thoughts and prayers if you're the praying kind.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:24 PM   #11  

Wow Vickie, it never rains but it pours! I will keep you in my prayers, that all will be well. Be sure to let us know how your appointment goes.

I am back from the grocery store after spending about 40% more than I normally do. I hate trying to buy fresh produce in Iowa in February!

Now I need to get dinner started.

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 06:58 PM   #12  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Hello Ladies,
I do hope you are all having a great day.
Vickie I will keep you in my prayers.
Sandra, I like your hair in the picture, it looks great.
Patty, I will keep you in my prayers also. I hope you find a way to move back to MA soon. I think I would miss snow too. I do hope you are doing well.
Rhonda, It is nice to hear DH will be eating healthy like you. It makes it much easier when everyone is on board.
Angela, it is crazy how expensive fresh fruits and vegetables are in the winter.
Patch, welcome I do hope you enjoy this site.
Frouf, how are you doing?
Paula, thanks for starting this thread.
Coco, how are you doing? I hope your week goes well.
Patti, Hello, I hope it warms up soon.
I had a great day, running seemed to be good today, although it was still cold.
Have a great night everyone.
Take Care
Ann
Newlifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:01 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Patch. This is a great thread; you'll enjoy it here.

Vickie, I'm so sorry to hear that about your kidney, as we all are. Lots of prayers and thoughts are coming your way.

About SB, I don't think that I can give up fruit for even one day! We'll see where we go with this.

BBL,
Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:27 PM   #14  

Hi everyone. I had been doing so well tracking what I was eating and carefully tracking my WPAs. Well, I forgot to update Friday night and Saturday and by Sunday I really had no idea what extra non core foods I had eaten. Well, I did my best to remember what I did eat and updated my online journal. I can't do that again! I'm surprise at how quickly I can lose track of the wpas used when I just "wing" it. I have wi tomorrow and I should have another loss.

Patch - welcome to the group. Its a great support team here, looking forward to getting to know you.

Vickie Let us know what the dr says tomorrow. I hope you also find a better fit meeting - I know I feel very motivated being just a new member and getting rid of the history of the old leader.

Patty - good luck moving back here. I've live in MA all my life - all on the south shore. I can't imagine living any where else - snow and all. I love being able to get down to the Cape easily and then up to Maine as well.

Angela, keep on program, you will break that plateau. I know how frustrating it can be. Try writing down everything for a week, maybe that will help. Cute doggie!

Well, I'm off to get Sarah to bed. BBL
Old 02-04-2008, 08:42 PM   #15  

Hi Everyone.
Just a quick "HI"
Sorry I wasnt on here over the weekend.
But a long one. Had alot of errends to run Then needed to go visit my Aunt. She hasnt been feeling well.
Then a friend of ours. Mother in law passed away. So was with them.
Weigh in tonight was not good. Gained 1 1/2 lbs.
I am so bummed. I had thought I had done really well with the eating this week. Guess not.
Well need to get off here.
I have to go read and catch up on everyone.
I am thinking of each of you.
Hope everyone is alright.
And had a great weekend. And they are staying op with the eating.
Hopefully I can get there.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote