South Beach Diet - Monday's Chick Chat

View Full Version : Monday's Chick Chat

cottagebythesea
02-04-2008, 07:19 AM
Rainy days and Mondays..................................

The day had better get better than this, so far I'm starting off on the wrong foot! I typed a nice witty post and it dissappeared on me. :(

I'm hoping this caffeine kicks in so I can feel a little enthusiasm about going to Curves this morning. I have to go. Yesterday Amber brought over a cake that she made all by herself, and she was proudly grinning from ear to ear. She cut and served it with great ceremony, even making little origami thingys with the napkins, and well, I just had to eat it, didn't I? All that sugar is really making me crash.

tomandkara
02-04-2008, 07:25 AM
Aw. What a sweetie! There's something about the love that goes into the those special cakes that makes them semi-worthwhile!

I spent the day packing things up and getting ready for the big movearoo. The big kids are all packed (except for what's in the laundry) but I still have to do Avery's stuff and my things. That's tomorrow's project. I can't believe it's almost time to go!

Hope you all have a nice Monday!

Kara

GONNABE165
02-04-2008, 07:50 AM
Good Monday Morning chickies

It's real foggy here but temps are suppose to get to 80*

Cottage heres some :dust: to get through that sugar crash and go to curves

Kara good luck with getting everything packed

Me - not much for me today except the usual work and then this evening dh and I will take a 30 min walk through the neighborhood.

Whats goin on today for the rest of you chicks?

tomandkara
02-04-2008, 08:08 AM
:wave: Ruth! I saw you post in the February weight loss thread! How are you feeling???

Hey Gonna! Have a nice walk this evening! I'm hoping the weather is nice enough while we're home that I can get out with my sisters for some walks around town.

Kara

THINBYJUNE
02-04-2008, 08:45 AM
Good Morning Everyone

Cottage :coffee: Here's a little more in case the first cup didn't cut it.

Kara So exciting about the move. What day do you leave?

Gonna How are you feeling?

Me Well, the last week was about as off plan as you get. I have discovered that I need the accountability of my scale. On a good note I went to pick up my dress and found that in the 3 months since I ordered it I have gotten one size smaller :woohoo: So I choose to focus on that and get right back on plan today. Have a great day everyone.

tkglenn
02-04-2008, 08:51 AM
Good morning all, up alittle early this morning.
Kara-I remember those days of packing. I honestly miss it though. Sounds funny but I miss the military life even if you have to pack and leave anytime you make friends and get comfortable. I just look at it like I have friends around the world. I miss it though. It was a time to "CLEAN HOUSE".
Everyone-hope everything is going well today.
Me-not much. Same ol same ol. my boys have projects to do that is due today because of 100 days of school. They wanted to play around all weekend and didn't get it done. So....who's up early this morning? me and the boys. Hope they learn their lesson. Do you know if there's a tracker for good eatings? or full days of good eatings?

Pacergal29
02-04-2008, 09:47 AM
What a foggy, icky morning we are having!

Cottage Hope you found the "get up and go" to goto Curves, if you found it will you send it my way?

Kara Packing UGH! I bet everyone is getting excited!

Gonna Have a great day!

Dawn So since you picked up your dress are things back on again? I thought I was keeping up, maybe not! LOL

TK Nothing like those early morning, last minute projects!

Me My eating was awful this weekend!!! I'm convinced keeping it off is harder than getting it off! I guess that is one reason I still weigh daily, at least I have the bitter truth there on the scales telling me to shape up! Back on track today after all I got a cute new haircut this weekend, gotta keep the whole package right?

With interest rates dropping we have already got 36 refinances to do this month :faint: I need to clone myself!

Have a great day chicks, I will TRY to get back here later!

GONNABE165
02-04-2008, 09:53 AM
Dawn congrats on that dress victory. I am feeling great thanks for asking

Hiya tk

Wow Stephanie you have a busy month heres some :dust: to help you through

I heard from the surgeon and he has set me up an apt for my MRI tomorrow morning :chin:

THINBYJUNE
02-04-2008, 10:18 AM
Gonna :hug: I'm glad you're doing better. I'll be thinking sending healthy vibes your way tomorrow.

Stephanie :lol: Even I can't keep up with what's going on. We're talking and that's a step in the right direction. I had to pick up the dress because it was paid for and of course no refunds. Good luck with the refi's.

:wave: tkglenn

I'm off to work. I think the Monday after Superbowl Sunday should be called a holiday. :chin: Maybe I'll start a petition and get the Hallmark people to back me :lol:
Have a great day.

tkglenn
02-04-2008, 10:21 AM
Hello everyone!!!!!

My 6 month old just learned how to roll over within the past week and that's all he does now-----all day long he's rolling onto his belly and gets frustrated because he can't get back over. I think he likes it on his belly sometimes because he'll roll over and just laythere and watch tv like that.

GONNABE165
02-04-2008, 10:25 AM
Thanks Dawn! Be sure to pass that petition my way.

Schmoodle
02-04-2008, 10:29 AM
Morning chicks. The kids are off, the house is quiet, and I've got my coffee and a piece of baked oatmeal. Ahhhh.
I hope I do better with the baked oatmeal than the Nessa Bars. I made those last week, and had some portion control issues. I couldn't figure out why, when I'd never had a problem with them before. Then I realized that DH likes them too, so when I made them before, I was lucky to get a second serving from a batch. Left on my own, I ate them all in two days. :(

Sometimes you just gotta have a piece of cake, cottage. Today is a new day!
Kara, I'd make a terrible military wife. I still am not all the way unpacked from our move 5 years ago.
Gonna, good luck with the MRI.
Dawn, congrats on the dress NSV!
Stephanie, I'm sure it must be true that keeping it off is harder. I hope to find that out for myself one day!
TK, that's a terrible way to start a week. Hope it gets better!

This will be a busy week, as my contract expires on Friday, and I've got to be ready for a possible turnover. Hopefully we will get the new contract award before that and all will go on as normal, but if we don't, I'll have to be ready to hand off my job to someone else and make some decisions about my future. I'm not too stressed over it, it'll all turn out for the best.

Well, the cat has a stomach upset, so I must go get out the mop. Now there's a great way to start the week! Hope yours is starting out better.

tomandkara
02-04-2008, 10:41 AM
Schmoo, good luck with work this week! Tom's looking to get a contracting position when he retires in a couple years and I'm wondering how stressful it will be. One nice thing about the military is that you really have to work to get "fired" - the job security is pretty good as far as that goes. It'll be strange to transition into the "real world".

Tawnya, you're so right. We clean house a lot! This will be our ninth move in eight and a half years of marriage! (And Schmoodle, there are always still boxes left that never got unpacked every time we are packing up to move somewhere new. It really makes you evaluate what you can and can't live without. For example, I have learned this year that I really NEED a food processor! I cannot wait to get my grubby hands on that thing!)

Dawn, way to go on dropping an entire size! I'm sure you look gorgeous in your dress. Ever see that "Friends" episode where Monica and Phoebe dress up in the gowns? I love "Friends"! We leave on Wednesday, by the way. Getting on the bus bright and early at 0630!

Stephanie, nothing like a fresh new haircut to keep you on track! Good luck muddling through all the paperwork this month! Maybe you could hire Schmoodle if her contract thing doesn't work out. That would be funny - her husband would get back and they'd be halfway across the country!

Going to watch an episode of "Bones" and then hit the sack. Lots to do tomorrow!

Kara

Kim_Star060404
02-04-2008, 10:45 AM
I hope it's a happy Monday for everyone! :wave:

Cottage: That was very sweet of Amber - and of course you had to eat it! I hope you enjoyed Curves since I know you went! :D

Kara: Goodness! I really had no idea that the move was so soon! It sounds like you're really on top of things, though. I hope packing for you goes well tomorrow!

Gonna: I'm glad they set up an MRI appt. I hope they really explain for you what's going on! Enjoy your walk with DH tonight! :)

Dawn: Congrats on your dress being smaller! That's wonderful! I'm with you - I need today to recover and work out - A LOT. I didn't do too poorly and really only ate off plan yesterday, but that's enough for me! Hope you have a great on-plan day!

tkglenn: My DH was like that up until he handed in his masters' thesis. They never learn! :shrug: Hope they got it done in time!

Stephanie: Sounds like you'll be busier than me this month. I hate to say it, but it's kind of a relief! :o Hope all the refinancing goes smoothly for you and the clients involved!

Schmoodle: Sorry about the cat, and the Nessa bar overload, and the possible turnover situation. But, you have a great attitude about it all and you're right, it will turn out for the best!

Me: Not much going on today. Work, then turn in an assignment at lunch, then work, then ceramics class until 9 pm. I worked like a dog yesterday to get homework done and actually only caught the last 2 minutes of the Super Bowl! :yikes: The good thing is, I'm one assignment ahead in my Tech Ed class, so if I keep this up, I'll be able to take it easy a little after all my weekends out of town this month. :carrot:

Well, I'd better get to work. Staff meeting this morning and I need to print agendas and calendars! Have a great day!

~Kim

tkglenn
02-04-2008, 10:50 AM
Kara-yeah, we never had leftover boxes either. My DH got out of the military about 2 years ago and totally regrets it. He says that anyone that gets out/retires should get a GS job or something that has to do with federal government. I guess he's so used to the structure of the military that he's having a really really hard time adjusting to civilian life (and it's been over 2 years). He's been in the military since he graduated from high school so he hasn't really even had a taste of civilian life till he got out and he's struggling HARD. He's gonna try for the Dallas Police Department this month.

Schmoodle
02-04-2008, 10:50 AM
Kara, the contracting world is kinda weird, your job security is only as long as the term of your contract, sometimes not even that. I'm unique in that I've worked for the same contractor for 11 years, so it would be kinda traumatic to switch now, but maybe for the best. The way to survive is to become indispensable to your customer. I know they want to keep me, so hopefully if we don't get the contract, they will convince whoever does to hire me. I kinda have another offer too from a competitor, so I will end up with something. But if you are the nervous type, it can be stressful.

And by the way, Stephanie, I do have some experience in the mortgage world! I was a loan processor at Casco Northern Bank for a couple of years before I went back to school.

Hi Kim! What a great feeling it must be to be ahead on your homework! Have a good one.

only1naked
02-04-2008, 10:54 AM
It's FOGGY here in central Indiana, even still at this late hour of the morning. I am *gasp* posting from work, as I tend to do. I woke up especially tired, and I agree that the Monday after the Super Bowl should be a holiday!

I like to use Sundays to chop all my veggies for all the meals I will make throughout the week, and any other up-front food prep I can do. However, yesterday I was tied up creating healthy Super Bowl eats and snacks, so now I am looking ahead to catching up this evening.

Have a great day!

Cajun Girl
02-04-2008, 11:01 AM
Morning everyone!

Well horrible weekend for me - eating wise-- I dont know what comes over me at friday at5pm-- but I gotta stop-- and ofcourse my fiance doesnt help the situation at all! I am back on track-- but not happy about the eating this weekend!

Hope everyone did better than me while watching the Superbowl yesterday!

GONNABE165
02-04-2008, 11:12 AM
Schmoodle my :crossed: for your work situation

Good morning Kim Hope you have a great day

:wave: Only1 & bella

Cajun it's a new day and the weekend is in the past so let it stay there and lets start focusing on the future

Neko
02-04-2008, 11:21 AM
tkglennIs it the 100th day celebration already? I haven't gotten any notice from my son's school. Maybe they don't bother in second grade.

bellaluna I'm sure the list of SB approved products would be huuuge. For yogurt I either eat store brand FF yogurt or when I feel like splurging the store brand Greek FF yogurt. I don't do the flavored things.

I baked a cake on Saturday for the small group kickoff at our church. I still secretly wonder who planned a luncheon on SuperBowl Sunday, the turnout was awful. Needless to say, I now have a third of that nice cake I baked at home. I haven't had any yet, but I think I'll bring it to work tomorrow to get the temptation out of the house.

Nearly killed one of my cats in the middle of the night. He pushed open the door to my son's room, climbed into his bed and purred so loud he woke the kid up. I guess it's cause I wasn't petting him in the middle of the night. So, I had to rescue my son from the cat (lol) and bring the annoying thing back to my bed. Needless to say it took forever for me to go back to sleep. Now I'm grouchy and tired despite having a cup of coffee.

GONNABE165
02-04-2008, 11:27 AM
bella I eat the dannon light & fit low sugar yogurt it comes in 4oz containers and I love the strawberry & blueberry

Neko
02-04-2008, 11:32 AM
bella I'm not a big fan of the flavored stuff, I like the tartness of regular. However, I would assume any FF, artificially sweetened yogurt was fine. So long as the nutritional count was fairly similar to the plain fat free.

I buy the Helmann's light mayo. But I think regular or lite are both ok, depending on the source you ask, of course. However I can't stand Kraft mayo regular or light. Their mayo is sweet.

I think there are vague spots on almost every diet. Everyone just needs to find what works. :)

tkglenn
02-04-2008, 11:35 AM
Neko-yeah, they had to do projects for it. My oldest is in the second grade and the other one is pre-kinder and they BOTH had to do projects. That's a first let me tell you----never had I did this before. I hated doing projects when I was in school, what makes them think I want to even think about that now (just kidding)LOL.

GONNABE165
02-04-2008, 12:10 PM
Neko & bella I tend to use dijonaise but if I do use mayo I use dukes which has no sugar

Neko
02-04-2008, 12:30 PM
GONNA Do you use it in tuna?

tkglennThis year my son has a teacher who is fond of sending home "family" projects. I have had to do things like decorate a milk carton house, a turkey like a member of the community... :faint: I think we haven't reached the 100th day celebration yet because we start school later in Jersey than most of the US. We never start until atleast the first of September, usually we start on the Wednesday after Labor Day.

tkglenn
02-04-2008, 12:34 PM
we started early this year, i think it was like begining of august

beachgal
02-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Oh, Cottage, I hate it when a post disappears, especially a really good one! :hug: The cake sounds adorable...hope your cravings go away quickly.

Wow, Kara! I hate moving and REALLY hate packing. My dear friend who is a military "brat" tells me that she is a fantastic packer after all those years of moving around the globe! Hope your kids pick up your packing abilities too!

Congrats on the dress, Dawn, and here's a hand to help you back up on the wagon...we have plenty o' room! :D

Stephanie, our maintaners tell us that getting to goal is just the "end of the beginning." ;) It's definitely harder to keep it off than it is to lose it, which is why losing slowly can be so helpful. That way, your eating plan becomes ingrained rather than a passing fancy. It's easier to stick to it when you get to goal. Have you posted in Maintainers? If not, you definitely should (though I hope you keep posting here, too!)...we have some AMAZING maintainers who can give you tons of fabulous advice! :goodvibes:

Only1, :welcome:! I love your idea of chopping everything on Sunday. Do you find that the veggies for the end of the week get all yucky by the time you need to use them? Does the entire fridge smell of things like onions, etc.? Chopping things takes me the longest time and I hate it!

:welcome3: Bellaluna! Glad you've joined us on the daily! Everyone's welcome (hear that, lurkers??? ;) )! I love eating Stonyfield Farm Organic FF Plain with some SF jam or syrup in it (and cinnamon!). I'll add ground flaxseed in P1 and Ezekiel cereal (like Grape Nuts, but yummier and SBD safe) in P2. For flavored stuff, every so often I eat Activia Light. I must say, however, that I find the added ingredients in flavored yogurt to be at best, unecessary, and at worst, disturbing. Why is there gelatin in my yogurt??? :barf: I don't want to know what they did to the yogurt in the first place to need gelatin to firm it back up... That's why I switched to plain, even though it is nice to have little prepackaged things once in a while. :shrug: I know it's hard not to have everything be black and white on SBD (and the confusing information that shows up from time to time is difficult!), the point of the plan is learning what works for you. It's hard for us to let go and experiment with what works for our bodies, but if you do it, you'll find yourself much healthier and much more aware of your body, which is great!!! :love: As for mayo, you're looking for something without any sugar (or HFCS) and without hydrogenated oils. The general rule of thumb is that if you take fat out of something, you add sugar. So Light Mayo is technically half fat and half sugar. However, if you are only using a tiny bit (like on a sandwich), it shouldn't cause a problem for you (but see how YOUR body reacts, okay?). If you are making something like coleslaw, I'd try using full fat mayo and perhaps cutting the fat with something else, like light sour cream or plain yogurt. The fat in mayo is a GOOD fat, so it shouldn't stress you out too much to use all full-fat mayo. But if you eat a lot of fat from mayo, you'll need to try to reduce some fat in the rest of what you eat, because it does have calories. Lots to think about. Just take it one step at a time, and don't forget to ask questions! :D

Hey, Cajun! You know, weekends are bad for a lot of us. What makes it bad for you besides your fiance not helping? What can you do to make it different? For instance, if you eat out a lot on the weekend, can you make plans to eat in one of those times? Can you find restaurants that carry SBD-safe things? If you end up drinking a lot, can you switch to things like dry red wine, dry champagne, gin and diet tonic, or rum and diet coke? Or even drinking water or coffee after a while even if everyone else is still drinking? I'm sure you get the idea. If you plan for success, you'll find it! :D

Neko, you're in good company with being tired...but your reason sounds a lot more annoying! Poor you and poor son! :( Too funny about the cat purring that loud...

BTW, Hellman's mayonnaise is the name brand east of the Rockies. West of the Rockies, it's known as Best Foods Mayo. It's the same thing, just a different name.

My boss' boss is a former military guy. He drives all of us totally nuts with all his military habits. I think there may be something to your DH's theory, TKGlenn!

:wave: Gonnabe165 and Schmoodle!

Me:
Had a good weekend. Busy, did a lot of cleaning and organizing, but also took time to watch a bad French movie and hang out with DH and the puppy. Went to a super bowl party last night and did pretty well. A friend made a delicious spinach salad and I brought an SBD-safe dip with WW pita chips.

Off to the gym after work today. Then I'm running home to make a quick dinner before we go to our first dog obedience class. This first one is just us and no dog--we'll see how it goes! :crossed:

GONNABE165
02-04-2008, 12:59 PM
Neko yes I do use it in tuna

Laurie good luck with your class tonight

Ruthxxx
02-04-2008, 01:00 PM
Surviving but not feeling chatty because of the pain! Right now I'm awaiting a call from my doc re renewal or change of my so-called pain-killers which aren't even pain-hushers!

On the good news side - I'm ten pounds lighter than before the operation. Hard way to do it but...........

Kim_Star060404
02-04-2008, 01:08 PM
Ruth: :hug: I hope that the doc gets you some good painkillers soon. Can't wait until you're back to your chatty self, but take your time!!

beachgal
02-04-2008, 01:41 PM
Beautiful Ruthie!!!! :hug: :hug: :hug: I've missed you!!!!!!!!!! (can you tell? ;) ) I'm SO sorry that you don't have good pain meds but am glad you're demanding them. They better get 'em to you soon... :club: Grrr... :lol: on losing weight that way...did they take out half your knee??? :fr: That's more than most women lose after giving birth! :lol3:

Thanks, Bellaluna! :o I'm glad to help! The chicks here helped me SO much on my journey. Yes, I lost it all on the Beach...I was actually down to 198 for about a year and a half, but gained back about 40 about a year ago. :( I've lost about 18 or so of that 40 and am on my way back down again, to lose it all for good this time! :strong: Thanks for the encouragement about dog obedience! :lol: about the treats! We have a little dachshund mix named Angel. She's a wonderful little buddy for us both! :love:

only1naked
02-04-2008, 02:06 PM
I like this Chick Chat stuff.

So... am I the only one naked?

Schmoodle
02-04-2008, 02:09 PM
I'll never tell.
As a telecommuter I could do my telecons naked if I wanted to. That is, until they make me get VTC capability!
Sometimes I wish we had a real chat on this site. That would be fun to get a bunch of us in a chat together...

Poor Ruth, hope the knee stops hurting soon!:hug:

only1naked
02-04-2008, 02:15 PM
Yes, a live chat would be convenient, although I probably wouldn't have found it for a while. I have spent much time digging through recipes, but not much time figuring out anything else here. I'll catch up though!

(And I am at work, for the record, so I am not really naked. Come to think of it, if I was at home, I wouldn't be naked there either. But after I drop all this weight - NEKKID, here I come!!)

Neko
02-04-2008, 02:23 PM
I work at a trucking company, despite my weight, I'm sure the guys here wouldn't mind it I was nekkid. But it's a little cold in here for that.

Beachgal I like the idea of using LF or FF sour cream. Maybe I'll try doing that with the mayo in tuna. I think I'll need to get braver for the dijonaisse.

Schmoodle Everytime I was on forum that did chat, nobody much showed up. It's so hard to find good times for everybody. I always thought that's what MSN is for anyways.

GONNABE165
02-04-2008, 02:26 PM
:hug: Ruth you poor thing I hope they can get you good pain meds. Take care of yourself :hug:

tammie00
02-04-2008, 03:38 PM
WOW You ladies are chatty this morning.

We are military too and I like the moving time because I do declutter ALOT!! LOL We are moving to VA in May and I have already started decluttering.

I am now on day 10 of phase 1 even though I did have pizza last night. I don't have any cravings today and it wasn't hard to get back on track. I know that I was so depressed and just felt miserable the last two days. I have been eating variety and such but prior to this we ate way too much fast food and I guess I just felt deprived. Today I feel much better I feel more in control and not completly depressed. I did drink lots more water.

I know I should feel guilty for cheating but I honestly don't. In the past one small cheat would lead to another and another and another. I guess it could still affect me but I feel so different in my attitude this time than when I was on a diet in the past. Does any of this make sense?

Tammie

KT39
02-04-2008, 03:41 PM
Happy Monday, Beach Chicks!:flow2:

My first Monday chat, and I look forward to getting to know all of you better. I finished my first week on the beach and lost 7 lbs.....and it feels great! I find that the thing I'm missing the most is cheese and crackers and chardonnay....broccoli just doesn't quite measure up! But, if cutting out cheese and crackers and chardonnay can get me feeling better in a bathing suit this summer (not quite ready for naked either!) then I'll keep eating the broccoli.....:broc:

I made the parmesan crusted almond chicken last night--it was OK, but I don't think I ground up the almonds enough and it seemed a bit bland....I'll have to try it again. I also made a double batch of the veggie quiche cups and had 2 this am for breakfast and I have to say, not bad!

I finally got some low sodium V8 and had a small can this am--it wasn't too bad, but it's a little sweet (I was thinking bloody mary flavor, minus the vodka of course :nono:) and has 6g of sugar. I guess since it's "veggie" sugar it's ok??????

Hope all of you have a wonderful Monday.....

KT39
02-04-2008, 03:47 PM
Tammie....please don't feel guilty! In my opinion that is one of the most uselsess and negative feelings in the world.....think of it as life....sometimes you just have to go off the path to remember why you're on the path....so you had some pizza, you enjoyed it and now you're back. I know that once I get in a good routine, I'm going to have some cheese and crackers and chardonnay....I don't want to spend my entire life not having things I enjoy just so I can fit in a smaller casket!!!!! Hope you have a great Monday!

tammie00
02-04-2008, 03:47 PM
KT I like the cups but I put a few splashes of hot sauce on mine while eating.
Good point about the "casket"

Speaking of hot sauce I am drawn to it more these days? It is ok to eat right?

KT39
02-04-2008, 03:54 PM
I put some hot sauce in the egg beaters, but definately could have used more....will try that tomorrow....maybe I should have put some hot sauce on the chicken last night! I seem to be craving salt....I use sea salt, but still I'm not sure if I should try to cut that back.....

I believe hot sauce is fine since it contains no sugar....evil evil sugar.......

CyndiM
02-04-2008, 05:03 PM
Wow, you sure are a chatty group today! I can't possibly catch up so am just stopping in to say hello. I sure missed you gals every morning :)

We had a great time in NM but it's always nice to be home. Our Chicago connector was delayed about 4.5 hours due to weather. Didn't get home until around 7 this morning so I am a zombie today.

I'm starting a week of Phase 1. While I didn't eat a lot of stuff I shouldn't I did eat some due to necessity (NM not the most vegetarian friendly place, same as one of the airports we went through). I actually didn't eat much at all - cranky stomach and no appetite. I lost 5 lbs but expect to regain that because it was certainly not a healthy weight loss. Eek.

Ruth - Hope the doc can give you something that actually takes the edge off. :hug:

Kara - Thinking about you and the family - good luck!!

:wave: to everyone out there in Chick land. Tomorrow I'll be back to personals!

GONNABE165
02-04-2008, 05:10 PM
Tammie I'm glad to hear that the pizza had no effect on you getting right back to plan today I'm sorry to say but that may not be the last time you eat pizza

KT39 as far as I know hot sauce is okay. My dh does all the cooking & puts it in just about everything

Cyndi so gald to hear you enjoyed your trip. Heres some :dust: to get back on plan

Barb0522
02-04-2008, 06:40 PM
If you are craving pizza and are on phase 1, make yourself a portabella pizza. That tastes so wonderful sometimes. And in phase 2 you can make them with whole wheat pita bread or tortillas or flatbread.

only1naked
02-04-2008, 07:31 PM
Oh in Phase II you can make it with ready-made Whole Wheat pizza crusts, if you can find them. I found some at Meijer that have 3g Fiber, which is more than I have been able to find in any pita bread yet.

When making the pizza, I load it up with veggies - tomatoes, mushrooms, artichokes, zucchini, mushrooms, onion, peppers... (and did I mention mushrooms? Love 'em!) I make the slices so thick that I can't possibly have a 2nd slice, so that way I don't overdo it on the bread/crust, or the cheese for that matter.