LA Weight Loss - i'm STUCK!!!

View Full Version : i'm STUCK!!!

sugarcoatit07
02-04-2008, 12:47 AM
ok guys i seem to be stuck at 336. the scale just want seem to move, what should i do to get past this plateau. oh and for you guys who read my last post...i'm gonna get a trainer and work out three times a week. i'm so excited i start next week.

aphil
02-04-2008, 08:40 AM
How long have you been stuck at this weight? A true plateau will last for a few weeks or more.

What plan are you following? Do you know how many calories you have been eating per day?

sugarcoatit07
02-04-2008, 10:04 AM
i've been eating about 1200 calories...and i'm doing low carbs. so far i've been stuck at this weight for about 2 1/2 weeks so far have not lost anything. at first the weight was falling off not its just not moving

modkittn
02-04-2008, 10:06 AM
1200 calories is the lowest that any woman should eat per day. I would suggest upping your calories. You can use a site like FitDay.com to figure out the amount of calories you can be eating every day and still lose weight. My guess it that you could be up around 1800-1900 calories per day and lose. You need to give your body the fuel it needs to function every day!

jtammy
02-04-2008, 10:25 AM
Yep, I agree with modkittn. IMHO, You started far far too low a calorie level for someone at your height/weight/age. I think you need to get your calorie count up to a reasonable level. That is the very first thing I would change.

aphil
02-04-2008, 11:14 AM
Since you are still over 300 pounds, I would definitely up the calories to around 1500-1600 per day.

Also, I wouldn't consider what you are going through a plateau...more like a stall. It is very common for someone who is very overweight, to see very large losses in the first few weeks, and then it will slow down. It is also very common for a person losing weight (of any weight) to have a big weight drop, and then have a couple weeks where the scale doesn't move...and then another drop.

A 1-2 pound weight loss per week is considered a healthy level, but our bodies do not work like clockwork. It is very common to have a 3 pound loss one week, nothing the next, a 1 pound loss the next week, and none the next. Overall the average is a pound a week, if you average it out over the month.

Just be patient. :)

sugarcoatit07
02-05-2008, 11:28 AM
well the scaled moved today but in a bad way..i have gained six pounds..this really sucks...how can i increase my cals when i'm gaining weight on the 1200 i'm eating now....oh well

aphil
02-05-2008, 09:34 PM
First-don't weigh in too often. If you are truly eating 1200 calories a day, you are not gaining any fat. It is very normal to have the scale fluctuate up and down at times-so don't weigh too often.

It is very common to gain a couple pounds when your time of month is nearing/starting. It is also common to show a scale gain if you ate too much sodium recently, or if you are about due for a bathroom visit.

How often are you weighing in? If the fluctuations are making you crazy, weigh in only once per week.