Support Groups - "The Feb Group"

View Full Version : "The Feb Group"

KidsLibrarylady
02-03-2008, 09:41 PM
To All-- this is a small accountability group for the month of February. Feel free to join us!!

Here we go!! :carrot:

modkittn
02-04-2008, 08:41 AM
Hello ladies! Lets introduce ourselves since there are some who will be posting here that I haven't messaged before :)

My name is Lori. I'm 27, live in RI, have a wonderful husband I've been married to for over 4 years who I have been with for over 9. No kids yet!

I started my weight loss journey (for the second time) in February of 2006 and met my WW goal of 162 in September of 2007. Decided to try to go a little lower, so I'm still focused on losing. I look forward to meeting you all!

KidsLibrarylady
02-04-2008, 09:17 AM
Fabulous idea!

My name is Chris. I am a new Stay at Home Mom to a beautiful daughter who just turned one! (I still work ten hours one day a week as a children's librarian at a public library.) I have been married to my wonderful husband for 9.5 years.

I have been overweight my whole life so I really don't even know what a good goal weight is for me. Right now my goal is to lose 25 pounds so I can get pregnant again. I am 34 so I need to have these babies fast and furious. :)

I am currently renewing my teaching certificate with 8 hours of graduate/postgraduate work. The last time I was in grad school I gained back 54 pounds that I lost. :( I am an emotional eater so as soon as I get stressed, I am off to the fridge! So, I started this little group in the hopes that some accountability would prevent more weight gain and help with weight loss instead.

I hope this is helpful to others as well!

NavyWifeDee
02-04-2008, 09:43 AM
I'm Dee (short for Danita) and I'm a SAHM to 3 wonderful kiddies. They are 8, 6, and 4. I am married for 9 years to a wonderful Navy man, and unfortunately we just found out that he is going to Iraq for a year to 15months starting in July. So not only have I just started back to school for my last class of my bachelor's and then the beginning of my masters, but I have to decide where to move while he's in Iraq (the choices are stay here(NO), move to VA, or go live near my parents), then actually move and deal with him leaving for the first time in 3 years(shore duty is a wonderful thing). So, I'm just a tid bit stressed and definitely need this group for accountability. Hope you all had a great weekend!

Dee

KidsLibrarylady
02-04-2008, 09:56 AM
deeinthekeys--

Okay, you win, your situation stresses me out! I am glad you have joined us!

NavyWifeDee
02-04-2008, 10:01 AM
Well, I'm marginally less stressed than I was a minute ago... They had me blocked out of my class for some reason, but now I'm able to access it, so at least I can start. Apparently this month I have to come up with an aviation topic that is not too broad, and write a 10 page paper with an accompanying 5 slide powerpoint. Oh yay, lol.

Have a good day.. and if you have any topic ideas, let me know. I think I'm gonna go clean house so I can hop on the treadmill afterwhile.

Dee

modkittn
02-04-2008, 10:27 AM
Nice to meet you Dee! It must be hard to think about your husband leaving. Moving closer to your parents sounds like it would be helpful! I know what its like with school. I took classes for my masters while still working full time. Finished in December of '06. Good luck with school!

I suggest we have a weekly thread. So this thread will be for Feb. 4-10, then next week on the 11th, the first person to post should start a new thread for the 11-17, etc. Lets try to find a different name for the group, too! Suggestions?

Oh and I had WI yesterday! I lost 1 pound on my home scale, and 1.4 on the WW scale. My signature always reflects my home scale, so from now on I'll just post the home-scale ups/downs :)

I forgot to post today's accountability! I am on WW, so I will post points, etc.

Breakfast: Oatmeal, Orange, and coffee with milk (5.5)
Snack: chocolate chip banana muffin (homemade!) (4)
Lunch: Pork and sweet potato stew, 1 cucumber (cut up) (6)
Snack: Green pepper and 1 cup FF yogurt (2)
Dinner: Homemade split pea soup, FF hot cocoa, and a pear (6)

Activity points: 40 minutes on the bike @ the gym (+5)

Points total for the day: 21.5
Points target: 21
Activity points earned: 5
Activity points swapped: 0.5
Flex points used: 0
Flex points left for the week: 35

I might eat something extra tonight or switch up my dinner. Not sure yet!

blueyedlvrgirl
02-04-2008, 04:08 PM
Hello Chris, Lori and Dee!!!
My name is Misty, 28, live in So Cal with my bf of 2 years. I am a full-time Accounting Assistant and a full-time student, so I am always busy. I walk at lunch b/c it is the only spare time I have! I have been overweight for my whole life, except for a short span in my early 20's, when I was a exerciseaholic. I am calorie counting and have had my ups and downs with it. I aim for 1800 per day, 8-10 glasses of water and at least 30 mins of exercise 5-6 days a week.

For today:
B: Cereal with non-fat milk (244)
S: Multigrain wheat thins with cheese stick (230)
L: Pineapple cottage cheese with cantaloupe (280)
S: Granola bar (120)
D: Chicken, brown rice, steamed veggies (550)

Total 1424...I guess I will have to add something somewhere, probably some fruit after dinner. Hope everyone is having a great day!!!

chicpanda
02-04-2008, 04:36 PM
Okay:
I am the oldest member of the group (everyone stand for the senior). I am Coralee from Tampa FL. I am 61 yo soon to be 62. Have 2 daughters and one granddaughter. I am a former Children's Librarian, psychotherapist, and customer service agent for a major airline. I retired in July of 2007.

I started gaining weight in puberty and used it to protect "me" from the world.
I am currently working on removing the holiday regain, and hope to loose another 4-5 lbs by Leap Year.

Yesterday's count:Cal consumed = 1200

chicpanda
02-04-2008, 04:40 PM
Coralee again.
Did not mean to hit post.. not so nimble fingers at play.
Yesterday con't
Calories burned = 3300
Water = 1 liter // will work on that.

KidsLibrarylady
02-04-2008, 10:28 PM
flaxseed meal 60 5 4 3
oatmeal 3/4 cup 210 4 40 8
Banana, raw 138 1 35 2
Carrots, raw 47 0 11 1
Broccoli, raw 25 0 5 3
bread two slice trader joes 180 1 32 8
sunflower butter 100 8 4 4
Cheese, Colby Jack 109 9 0 7
Almonds, NFS 164 14 6 6
kroger fat free cottage cheese 140 0 10 26
Asparagus, frozen, unprepared 68 1 12 9
Salmon, canned 213 9 0 30
Totals 1454 52 158 10

I took a couple of walks around the block with the baby-- probably 1.5 miles or so. It was a stroll. No water drinking today. sigh.

KidsLibrarylady
02-04-2008, 10:29 PM
Welcome Coralee!! Another children's librarian.... surely we can come up with a good name for this group!! (I stood as directed!)
Chris

Trazzie
02-04-2008, 10:55 PM
Hi All, Sorry I'm jumping in a tad late. I'm Traci, 36 yr old mom to 4 girls 18, 15, 11 and 11 1/2 months. I'm also a grandma to a 6 month old. I'm engaged to be married in August and have a ton of weight to shed before then. Sadly I'm not off to a very good start as far as sticking to my plan in February, but thats why I'm here right :) I hope you all don't mind if I don't post each item I eat, I keep track in my fitday pc and my computer time is very limited. So I'll just post my daily calories.

My February Goals:
Calories: 1200-1700
Water: 64 fl oz (at least) daily
Exercise: Curves 3X a week and ANYTHING else inbetween (sundays off)

-----Todays Totals-----
Calories: 2032 :( (bad munchie TOM day, would have eatin a horse if it were standing in front of me)

Exercise: 30minutes Curves Workout and 30minutes Treadmill Workout

Water: 70 fl. oz.

NavyWifeDee
02-05-2008, 07:45 AM
Just popping in to say that I'm off to a better start this morning. Drinking some water and going for a walk in just a minute with hubby, 1 kiddo, and the furkid. My eating was out of control yesterday. I just gave up and went with the stress eating...BAD Dee.. I also did nothing other than play Guild Wars on the computer. Today the plan is a walk, some breakfast, and then clean house before I hit the video game.

Later,
Dee

chicpanda
02-05-2008, 08:35 AM
Children's librarian intro:
"If you're happy and you know it, clap your thighs....
Had a good day yesterday, still playing with my new to me television. Ran errands and continued to rearrange furniture. Trying to do callisthenics while my food is nuked. Now up to 90 secs. of continuous movement. Yay me! not)
4Feb08 report = cal consumed= 1960; cal burned = 3030; water = 2 liters

Had a fun weigh in experience. Jumped on the scale and it said 240 pounds!!!
Wow! 25 lbs lost in one week???? no the scale was broken... sigh. did loose though (had to use a different scale)

blueyedlvrgirl
02-05-2008, 12:46 PM
LOL@ Coralee...Its always nice to get a laugh in the morning!

Well, yesterday was a success...I passed up Jack in the Box for tomato soup and reduced fat cheez-it...I must be learning something! I even ate oatmeal for breakfast this morning, which I hate. The things we do for health! ;)

Today's plan:

B: Simple Harvest oatmeal with 2 canned pear halves (247)
S: Multigrain Wheat Thins, string cheese (210)
L: Progresso Light Veg Barley Soup (120)
added steamed veggies (42)
S: apple and granola bar (175)
D: Taco Bell bean burritos and tostada (1072)

Total calories: 1866
4-5 bottles of water (16.9oz)
30 mins of walking at lunch

Good luck everyone...Have a great day!

Trazzie
02-05-2008, 10:00 PM
I did well today. I had a small incident with a Johnsonville Brat that was left over from the kids dinner the night before, but I only ate half and threw the rest to the dog :lol:
Today's Totals:
Calories: 1490
Exercise: 30 minutes on Treadmill (Program 1)
Water: 65 fl oz
Yay me.. it's the first day in February I've stayed 100% on plan. Hopefully I'll be blessed with a good weigh in day tomorrow.

modkittn
02-06-2008, 09:00 AM
Hi gals! Welcome Coralee and Traci :)

I made some poor choices the past couple of days, but I got so fed up with myself yesterday that I went and planned my dinner and today's food. I usually plan the night before, and I didn't do that for Tuesday which really screwed me up after having not followed the plan I had for Monday... well you get the idea. I didn't want it to continue today, so I planned!

Breakfast: milk and high-fiber cereal with banana and tea (4.5)
Snack: Carrots (0)
Lunch: Applebee's Confetti Chicken and 1 packet Diet Hot Cocoa (8)
Snack: Cucumber and Fiber One Bar (2)
Dinner: Cashew Chicken with Brown Rice (WW recipe) with pear (9)

Total points: 23.5
Points target is 21, using some activity points here to make up for it.
Plan on going to the gym and doing 40 minutes on the stationary bike and 1-2 sets of weights.

chicpanda
02-06-2008, 09:08 AM
Morning Ladies
Nice to be on the East Coast, I get to report early! Yesterday, as we all know was Mardi Gras, and I decided to treat myself to a 'free day'. It was interesting to see that my body could not handle the food choices very well, and by 2 PM I needed a nap. Even with the splurge I kept my activities slightly ahead of calories. Of course the test will come when I weigh in.

Calories consumed = 2360 Calories burned 2380

Today will be primarily a veggie day and more fun activities like.. oh cleaning house.
Until tomorrow.

blueyedlvrgirl
02-06-2008, 01:16 PM
Yesterday I followed the plan...maybe drank a little less water than I would like, but all-in-all very well. Today I start my venture of no meat for 40 days...I am allowing myself one meal a week with meat, so my body doesn't totally freak out when I start eating it again. Anyway, the plan for today...

4-5 bottles of water (16.9 oz)
30 mins of cardio walking at lunch
1800 calories

B: Cereal with skim milk (184)
S: Multigrain wheat thins w/pepper jack cheese stick (240)
L: Whole wheat 3 cheese broccoli lean pocket (250)
Cara cara orange (70)
S: Apple and granola bar (195)
D: 2 eggs, with 1 slice cheese, broccoli and green beans
scrambled together (305)

Total calories: 1241

This is waaaay below what I am trying for, so I will try to boost it with something (?), I don't know what though. I am open to ideas!!

Have a great day Ladies!!

modkittn
02-06-2008, 01:41 PM
Hi Misty! I would try adding more fiber and protein to your meals. They will add calories as well as give you a feeling of being satisfied. If you are still having trouble getting in calories, what about healthy fats? Olive oil, nuts, etc are great healthy fats that will add caloric content!

KidsLibrarylady
02-06-2008, 03:31 PM
I had a run-in with some sherbert yesterday. As usual, I was stressed about homework. Sigh.

blueyedlvrgirl
02-06-2008, 03:58 PM
I know the feeling of homework stress...I have homework due Friday that I haven't even started reading the 3 chapters for...I have some orange sherbet/vanilla ice cream swirl stuff in the freezer that got me the other night....I only had 2 small scoops though, I usually would've had a full bowl...I'm learning! ;)

Anmyreah
02-06-2008, 04:11 PM
:carrot: Hi everyone
I know I'm joining late but just found you all. I am 54 so I quess the 2nd oldest on the thread. I am also a librarian: childrens, circ and resource librarian. It's a small library. Only 1 or 2 of us working most of the time. I have a wonderful husband,33 + 31 yr old daughters and a 10 year old son.Also four beautiful grandsons. I keep busy between job and home.
My biggest problem is evening snacking.
I am watching my points as of right now.

Goal 24 pts.

Breakfast 2 flx toast with butter 4
Dinner 2 flx bread thin ham butter 5
peas 1
Cappachino 3
sm amount of sprite 2

Good luck everyone
Anmyreah

Trazzie
02-06-2008, 10:20 PM
Evening Ladies! Today I was sooooooooo tired, I sat down on the floor and leaned up against the bean bag chair to play with my lil 11month old daughter and the next thing I know I open my eyes and my oldest two daughters are sitting in the livingroom laughing at my snoring :lol: I must have been out for a while. I'm just feeling real lazy today, I walked on the treadmill for a bit but couldnt keep up with it's pace (3.5 mph) so I had to slow the speed down, but I did make up for the lack of effort with all the darn shoveling I had to do today.. GO AWAY SNOW!!! Either way I went over my calories a tad but I'm not going to beat myself up for it.. I KNOW I burned them off today. Good news is this mornings weigh in was fantastic.. 3 more pounds gone! Hope everyones day went well.

Today's Totals:
Calories: 1706
Exercise: 30 minutes on Treadmill (Program 1 - 3.0speed) and a TON of shoveling
Water: 64 fl oz

KidsLibrarylady
02-07-2008, 12:03 AM
Oh my, three librarians on one thread. Clearly this is the coolest group. :) Welcome Anmyreah!!

Trazzie-- I think shoveling surely burns a lot of calories!!! I have almost fallen asleep many times while playing on the floor with my daughter. They are cute but tiring!

Well, I have crapped up my eating the last couple of days. I thought for sure that when I passed on pizza one night, I would be 110 pounds when I woke up the next morning. What a surprise to find that I am not.

I am headed upstairs and am hoping to not wake up the baby as I dig for batteries for my caltrac. I am putting that bad boy on in the morning and heading to the grocery store with my sick one-year-old. (I am sure that will go well. :) )

You have my permission to mudsling should I not post my calories tomorrow night!

NavyWifeDee
02-07-2008, 07:35 AM
I'm thinking of joining Weight Watchers. I'm struggling so bad right now, and my hubby and I both need to get the weight off, but we feed our bad habits and choices off one another. He really HAS to get in shape before he leaves for Iraq, and to be able to advance the way he should. And I know it's only a matter of time before I start havign health issues from my weight. But I don't know why I can't get motivated. This site helps, but not enough, cuz I can just ignore it when I'm not being good. I'm thinking if I'm paying for WW, then I will not be able to ignore it as much. Does anyone know how much it will cost me?

Dee

modkittn
02-07-2008, 08:38 AM
Morning ladies! I didn't make it to the gym last night, but otherwise everything was good!

Breakfast: Oatmeal and banana. Tea with milk (4)
Snack: Fiber One Bar (2)
Lunch: Cashew Chicken (WW recipe) and 1 cup carrots (8)
Snack: Green pepper (raw) and pear (1)
Dinner: Spicy Black Bean Soup (WW recipe), 1 cup milk, and 2 laughing cow light swiss cheese wedges (6.5)

Gym: 40 minutes on the bike and 2 sets of weights (+6)

Total Points used: 21.5 (out of 21)
Total Points earned: 6
Total Points swapped: 0.5

Well, I have crapped up my eating the last couple of days. I thought for sure that when I passed on pizza one night, I would be 110 pounds when I woke up the next morning. What a surprise to find that I am not.

:rofl: Chris, you crack me up!

I'm thinking of joining Weight Watchers.

I am a long time Weight Watcher. If you want to know any WW info, just PM me!

This site helps, but not enough, cuz I can just ignore it when I'm not being good.

I do the same thing sometimes! :(

I'm thinking if I'm paying for WW, then I will not be able to ignore it as much. Does anyone know how much it will cost me?

If the meeting place near you offers the monthly pass (and I think about 95% of them do), then you can pay $39.95 per month for a meeting every week and you will also get the online tools. This averages about $9.22 a month. If you pay weekly, it is $13 a week and you get no online tools. BTW, I cannot live without the online tools. I :love: them.

chicpanda
02-07-2008, 10:51 AM
G'day Mates!
I guess now that there are 3 librarians we could all share dirty Dewey Decimal jokes... (not) Yesterday's reexamination of veggies was fun. Now if I can manage to not go overboard with sauces on said veggies it would be much better. Today is a very gray day in Tampa. This means I cannot garden w/o sweating. I will be fighting the 'jungle' soon.

Report for 6Feb08: Calories consumed = 1850 Cal. burned = 3250 water = 1.5 liters. FYI I use my Fitday software to keep track.

I would never mudslide anyone.. first I have danced the diet dance for too many years to be pointing a finger. second no calories involved in mudslinging. not worth it.
Walk in beauty folks.

blueyedlvrgirl
02-07-2008, 12:36 PM
Good Morning Ladies!
So last night I added extra veggies and a sourdough english muffin with butter to bring my total up to a more manageable 1503...Still not where I think it should be, but it was an improvement over the initial 12xx that were planned. Tomorrow is my official WI day...I hope it is better than last week's big fat ZERO! Everyone have an amazing day!

For today:
4-5 bottles of water
30 mins cardio walking

B: Honey Nut Cheerios with skim milk and 1/2 banana (282)
S: Multigrain wheat thins with colby/jack cheese stick (240)
L: Whole grain 3 cheese broccoli lean pocket (250) Before Walk
Apple (72) After Walk
S: Yoplait light yogurt (100)
Pear (121)
D: Steamed Veggies with brown rice with marinade (458)
S: Green seedless grapes (166)

Total Calories Consumed: 1678

Hopefully I can eat all of this! Sometimes I plan on being more hungry than I am!

Anmyreah
02-07-2008, 08:40 PM
:?:Gained 2 lbs
Today
Cappachino 3
apple 2
carrots 0
spanish rice 5
scallops 1
lettuce 0
2 tortillas wheat 4
2 cheese slices 4
meat total 26

KidsLibrarylady
02-07-2008, 10:55 PM
Do challenges help you all? Should we have a challenge for next week-- water every day or 5 days of exercise? Just a thought.

Trazzie
02-07-2008, 11:07 PM
KidsLibrarylady - I'm always up for a challenge.. it's really helps me stay motivated.

Today was a good day except I didn't get in as much exercise as I would have liked. I wanted to do upper body toning and lower body toning =30mins and the treadmill for 30mins. However, my little miss didn't want anything to do with that.. she just sat there and screamed so I had to cut it short. It's so difficult somedays to find time to get it in - but hey I'm giving myself brownie points for at least trying.. because thats a small miracle in its own :lol:

Todays Totals
Calories - 1635
Exercise - 15 mins Upper Body toning and 30 min walk with doggie
Water - 70 fl oz.

modkittn
02-08-2008, 08:14 AM
Hey ladies! Stuck to my plan last night, even went to the gym. Did 50 minutes on the bike but no weights. I ended up getting there late :o

Breakfast: Berry Smoothie, tea with milk (5.5)
Snack: 1 cup oatmeal (2)
Lunch: Spicy Black Bean Soup (WW Recipe), Carrots, Fiber One Bar (5)
Snack: Cucumber and 1 cup FF yogurt (2)
Dinner: Chicken and broccoli teryaki w/ brown rice (WW recipe) (5)
Snack: Banana (1.5)

Gym: 40 minutes on the bike, hopefully 1-2 sets of weights (+5-6)

Points total: 21 (out of 21)
Activity points earned: 5-6

Normally I would eat most of my activity points, but considering my major screw up at the beginning of the week, well I guess I am just trying to make up for it!

Chris - I'd love a challenge, but no way I could do exercise 5 days a week. I am just barely getting in my 4 :) But when I go, I work out for an hour or so, so longer workouts but less of them! I have a challenge going on with someone else on 3FC. We do how many days (out of the 7 in the week) that we were "on plan". So every day I PM her and say "I'm 1 for 1" or "I'm 1 for 2", etc.

Anmyreah - I'm going to try to help you out and with looking at why you gained this week. Am I correct in thinking that you are eating 26 points of meat today :?: or am I just confused about the way you wrote your food? Also, an apple is only 1 point not 2, and are you following the 8 healthy guidelines (5 servings of vegetables and fruit, water, oil, dairy, etc)?. How long have you been doing WW?

Trazzie - As long as you don't give yourself a brownie every time... now that might be detrimental to your weight loss! :lol:

blueyedlvrgirl
02-08-2008, 12:48 PM
YAY! I weighed in this morning...I lost 2 lbs. After last week's zero loss and my 1 lb gain the day after the Super Bowl, to have lost that pound and 2 more feels great!

I am always up for a challenge...I agree with Lori, we could do a challenge to stay OP; water, calories (or points) and exercise for whatever plan we are on. If today you didn't plan on working out, then being OP would just be food and water.

Well, I ended up skipping the yogurt afternoon snack and the grapes after dinner. I was too stressed, tired, it was late, etc. I did get in my water and exercise (even without music, my ipod hates me!!).

For today, same water and exercise plan (YAY, I have music today!)...

B: Whole grain bagel with margarine (360)**
S: Multigrain wheat thins with string cheese (210)
L: Cottage cheese with organic canned pears (267)
S: Green seedless grapes (166)
D: Carne Asada Fries w/o the carne asada (695)
(fries, 2% shredded cheese, refried beans, whole grain spanish rice, tomato)
S: popcorn or fruit or maybe some sherbet (100-150)

Total Calories: 1632-1682

**With the bagel, I helped myself to a half of a blueberry muffin. After looking up the caloric content, I dumped it! It had 306 calories and 16 grams of fat for 1/2! I stared at it then dumped it before I changed my mind. Before I started all of this, I would eat a bagel and a half of a muffin, after eating cereal at home. That packs in at 800-900 calories before lunch!! Maybe a bagel isn't the greatest thing to eat in the morning, but it was whole grain with seeds, I usually would've chosen cinnamon raisin, blueberry, etc. I think this is a big improvement.

Anyway, good luck today everyone. Have a great Friday!

modkittn
02-08-2008, 02:31 PM
Misty - My plans changed today as well! I forgot that I told a friend I would go to lunch with him today. I don't know how you can only have cottage cheese and fruit for lunch and feel satisfied - I never would! Maybe you should try to add in some veggies today as well, I don't any there at all. Just a suggestion! That is why I love posting my food because I like getting feedback on my plan :)

My planned lunch was:

Lunch: Spicy Black Bean Soup (WW Recipe), Carrots, Fiber One Bar (5)

What I had was:

Lunch: White Chicken Chili at Ruby Tuesday (4) plus the grilled bread on the side (~3), Carrots. Total = 7

So I will only have the cucumbers this afternoon and not the yogurt to make up for the extra points at lunch. I got two dairy servings in the smoothie this morning, so I have no worries about that. Two is the minimum I need to get a day :) So I'm still on track for 21 points!

Trazzie
02-08-2008, 11:26 PM
Well today was H O R R I B L E! I was tired, I was lazy and I was HUNGRY. So needless to say I skipped my workout which I'm really regretting since today was my scheduled "cheat" day. I always pick one meal on Friday to eat whatever I want.. I try to keep it within my calorie range but with all my munching today there was no hope in that.

Soooo here are todays totals *cringes*
Calories: 2368 (estimated the best I could w/ dinner)
Water: 60 fl oz
Exercise: NILL

So it's over and done with and tomorrows a new day.

modkittn
02-09-2008, 07:37 AM
Morning ladies!

Kept up my promise to myself and went to the gym yesterday :) Because of that and having to go grocery shopping, I didn't eat dinner until 9:30 though :eek: and I went to bed around 10.

Schedule for today:
Breakfast: Oatmeal and pear, tea with milk (3.5)
Snack: Fiber One bar (2)
Lunch: Spicy Black Bean Soup (WW Recipe), Low Fat pita with hummus, 1 cup peas (8)
Snack: Carrots, FF Plain Yogurt (2)
Dinner: Cashew Chicken (WW Recipe) (8)

Gym: 40+ minutes on the bike, high heart rate (~+5)

Points total: 23.5 (out of 21)
Activity points earned: ~5
Activity points swapped: 2.5

Trazzie - You've got the right attitude - today is a new day! I can't do the "cheat day" thing. My cheat day would turn into a cheat week... ;)

chicpanda
02-09-2008, 07:50 PM
Evening everyone!
Yesterday was busy. I need to fill out a form for my pension and have mislaid it. So I searched, cleaned and de-cluttered for an outstanding (for me) 4 hours!
I did not find the form so will keep up my search and destroy mission for next week.
Here is the low down: Calories consumed = 1830 Calories burned = 3500 water = 2 liter
Two days to weigh in and living in hope...

blueyedlvrgirl
02-09-2008, 09:54 PM
Hey ladies...
Well, yesterday didn't work out the way I planned! I ended up having taco Bell instead of the homemade fries and didn't eat again after that. I ended up running tons of errands!

Today I struggled with finding non-meat food so I ate a leftover bean burrito from last night's Taco Bell for breakfast, a pear, apple and grapes for lunch(?), some veggie chips and cheese for a snack and I am yet to eat dinner. We are going to a party at a bar, so I am thinking I should eat before we go. Taco Bell again? LOL

Tomorrow I am going to get some Kashi protein bars, nuts and natural peanut and almond butter. I need real food!!! I haven't entered my calories, but it looks like much less than 1800. I did laundry and a lot of homework today. Hopefully I will get in a good workout dancing tonight! If not, I will do something tomorrow hoepfully. Hope you are having an amazing weekend everyone!
TTYL,
Misty

Trazzie
02-09-2008, 10:17 PM
Nothing too exciting today. I only drank 20oz of water through out the day so I'm chugging it now, I'm down to my last 10oz so I'm sure I can squeeze it all in and then of course be up all night peeing :lol: Paige (my 11mo old) has come down with the worse of colds. I was up all night with her last night and I'm sure I'll be tonight as well. I was lucky enough to find my mother still had some infant cold medicines at her house. It really stinks since they took them off the market. The little people need some relief too! I have to use it sparingly though.. it's liquid gold. So hopefully the little dose helps her get some zzZZZzzz's and she'll feel better in the morning.

Calories: 1638
Water: 64 fl oz (soon to be anyway)
Exercise: none :(

Misty have a great time tonight and bust a move (I'm so lame).. Dancing is fantastic exercise!

Chicpanda I hope you find your papers.. I hate it when I misplace something because then I always end up cleaning my entire house to find it too and chances are whatevers lost is sitting in one of the most obvious places.

Modkittn at least you got to the gym and your metabolism was pumped. Your bedside dinner shouldn't hurt too much.

Trazzie
02-10-2008, 10:36 PM
So quiet tonight! I hope everyone had a nice weekend. I had another uneventful day. I took Paige to the doctor because last night she was sounding horrible and I wanted to be sure she didn't have a touch of croup or bronchitis (sp?). Doc said she sounded good and she just has a nasty bad head cold. So that was a relief. Hopefully she'll feel better tomorrow and I may be able to sneak in some sleep eventually.

Todays Totals
Calories: 1535
Exercise: None

I seemed to have lost my motivation for exercise, I know I would be doing so well if I could just get off my butt and jiggle a little. It's been 3 days in a row now I have not even attempted it, so tomorrow I have GOT to get to Curves.

blueyedlvrgirl
02-11-2008, 12:35 PM
Hi Ladies!
Where is everyone (except Traci)??? I had a good rest of the weekend! I was soooo exhausted from doing homework all night Friday and all day Saturday that I barely danced at all...So, yesterday I made up for it by running around all day with my mom, going up and down her stairs, helping make dinner, etc. I stayed OP with food all weekend, but only drank one bottle of water on Saturday. I went out and bought some higher protein foods this weekend so I don't have to eat Taco Bell everyday!

Today's plan:
B: Honey nut Cheerios with skim milk and grape juice (409)
S: Veggie Chips with pepper jack cheese stick (270)
L: b4 walk-Cottage Cheese with pears (267)
after walk-pear (96)
S: apple and baked pea pods (225)
D: Spinach ravioli w/salad and garlic bread (550)

Total Calories: 1817

4-5 bottles of water
Walking 30 mins

Have a good day Ladies!!

chicpanda
02-11-2008, 01:09 PM
I have hit the dreaded plateau. I am loosing and gaining the same 3 pounds and have been doing this for about six weeks. Now the gloves have to come off, and I have to get very serious about the exercise part of weight management. Drat. I hate this part. Would much rather be a slow moving lump and have the pounds go poof. (then again, who wouldn't?)
Here is the report for both Sat and Sun.
Sat: Consumed 2300 (Chinese buffet) burned 2400 Water. 1 ltr.
Sun: Consumed 1720 Burned 2560 Water 1.5 ltr.
Goal for week. Do the exercise challenge. 15 mins. a day for 5 days.
Well, I have to start somewhere...

KidsLibrarylady
02-11-2008, 01:13 PM
DD, DH and myself home with the stomach flu. Having so much fun. Leila has been sick with this for about 8 days. Poor baby. :( DH and I got it last night.

Chicpanda: I will find a posting about plateaus I wrote....

chicpanda
02-11-2008, 01:17 PM
Please feel free to call me, Coralee or Chic. Looking fwd to the info on plateaus. Thx.

KidsLibrarylady
02-11-2008, 01:17 PM
chicpanda-- found it. Had to give the baby a forbidden monitor to play with to keep her distracted. :) Hope it helps. Chris

Several years ago I worked with a trainer and when I would hit a plateau I would hit them harder than anyone she had ever worked with so I feel your pain. She said the only way to get through one is to do one or more of three things-- increase your intensity, your duration or your frequency. I hated her a little for it but it always worked. So, for example, if you are doing 30 minutes (duration) of exercise once a day (frequency) you may want to up it to 45 minutes twice a day until you break through. Or you could increase the intensity and step up the incline on a treadmill, up the resistance on an elliptical or increase your heart rate by 10 beats a minute. I would have to do two one hour exercise sessions to get through some of mine... thus the hating her just a little.

She also always encouraged me to vary my exercise so my body didn't get used to doing the same thing. So one day walking, one day elliptical etc.

She said you can expect to plateau every 10% of your body weight that you lose but can preempt it by doing the above things. That also helped, I skipped a couple plateaus that way.

Trazzie
02-11-2008, 08:16 PM
Ack the plateau! I hate hitting them. I feel like all my hard work and good eating is paying off for nilch. Stick with it, you'll get through it. Like KidsLibrarylady has said, I always had to do a bit more exercise and even in some instances changed my calorie intake.

Todays Totals
Calories: 1349
Exercise: Curves (30min)

Today is the first totally on plan day I've had in a while. It feels good to be back on track.

KidsLibrarylady
02-12-2008, 09:08 AM
Good for you. Traci! I hope you have another great day today.
I believe we are all on the other side of the stomach flu here. Thankfully. The upside is I still don't want to eat. A rare occurrence indeed. :)

blueyedlvrgirl
02-12-2008, 12:37 PM
Hi Ladies!

Chris- I hope you are feeling better! Where is Lori??
Traci- Congrats on having a completely OP day, they DO feel good!

Well, yesterday I stayed OP, only omitting the apple from the afternoon. My workout was one of the best I have had yet, I had the energy and drive to walk faster, thus farther, than I have in my 30 min lunch before! I wish I could figure out how, so I can keep doing it! Maybe my legs are just finally getting used to working out, because my shins didn't burn, which is usually which ends up slowing me down. It felt good to just get out there and enjoy the workout rather than trying to talk myself into sticking it out through the horrible burn. My legs have that good soreness, I love that! Tomorrow I have a longer lunch so I am going to try out a new path.

For today:
4-5 bottles of water (of course!)
30 mins of walking

B: Yoplait light with 1/8 c sliced almonds and english muffin with butter (342)
S: Kashi GOLEAN Roll (190)
L: Brown rice with veggies (260)
S: Everything crackers with string cheese (220)
D: PB and honey on seed harvest bread, skim milk (534)
S: Apple (75)

Total calories: 1742

Well, I better get back to work! Have a great day everyone!

Trazzie
02-12-2008, 10:30 PM
So much for that OP fluke :lol: Today I blew it calories wise. I had a bigger lunch then planned and I thought ok.. I'll just have to have a lighter dinner. Yeah real light.. not one but TWO grilled cheese sandwiches! The only thing light about it was I used spray butter. What was I thinking?!?! And the evening before weight in.. GEESH!

Calories: 2098 :(
Water: 70 fl oz
Exercise: 1 hour (low impact aerobics work out video)

modkittn
02-13-2008, 10:28 AM
Morning ladies! I was so OFF plan the past 3 days. I was also sick :( Back on the wagon today. Planned my food last night and I am back to work. Both things help :)

Plan is for 23 points today. 21 is my target, but I will go to the gym tonight to earn a few points as well.

blueyedlvrgirl
02-13-2008, 02:24 PM
Traci: I feel you on going way over! That's ok, we just pick up and keep going! Tomorrow is supposed to be my cheat meal (fondue with bf) and I WI on Firday, so yesterday was no good, but oh well. I am exercising extra today, at least!
Lori: Glad to see you back, hope you are feeling better! I have also found that being at work keeps me OP, I plan and stick to it! Weekends are when I get into trouble, I guess I need the structure. Of course, lounging around with my bf while he eats junk, does make it a tad bit hard! ;)

So, I made a boo boo...I decided not to eat what was planned for dinner, BIG MISTAKE! I thought, "Hmm...how about a salad instead of that sandwich." Well, I put almonds and rax sunflower seeds onit, homemade lowfat ranch (yum), caesar baked pea pods, had a sourdough english muffin, half of a small cantaloupe! As if that wasn't enough, I had a serving of sherbet and 2 cookies! I went over by about 200-250, but looking at the day, I did eat a lot of fruit and vegetables, so I guess it could've been a lot worse! I was so paranoid about it that I jumped on the scale this morning and I lost a pound! I am sooooo confused by my body!! LOL! I guess I needed that extra food. And I drank @ 10.5 cups of water, maybe that helped. So, today is my 2.5 mile walk, instead of 1.5, so that will make up for it.

Here's the plan:
4-5 bottles of water
45-50 mins of walking

B: Honey nut cheerios with skim milk, strawberry melon FUZE (269)
S: Kashi GoLean ROLL (190)
L: (b4w) Pineapple cottage cheese with 2 canned pear halves (228)
(aw) Pear (121)
S: half a medium cantaloupe (113)
D: Fiesta Besta salad with salsa and ff ranch @Blendz (645)
S: 10 Multigrain mini rice cakes with 1 tb nat pb (182)

Total Cal: 1737

Well, I hope all you ladies are having a great day!

modkittn
02-13-2008, 02:44 PM
Coralee - where are you getting your numbers for calories burned from? They look very high to me, so I am curious. If they are incorrect, it may be contributing to your plateau :o

blueyedlvrgirl
02-14-2008, 12:11 PM
Well, Happy Valentine's Day to everyone! I hope you are all resisting the chocolate temptation successfully! ;) So, yesterday's long walk was so nice and refreshing! I wish I had that much time everyday to walk at lunch! The path I took was challenging, but enjoyable and I had a good time. Wait, did I just say I enjoyed working out? OMG! It can happen! LOL!
Anyway, since we are going out to dinner tonight, right after work, I didn't want to walk on my lunchbreak; I got up at 530am, got dressed, grabbed my ipod, etc. I went out the door and it was raining!! The one day I get up to exercise early and it rains! And of course, it is on the day that I know I am going to go over my calories! I looked at the menu, it is downright sinful...I am going to try to stick with the veggie tray, but may give into the teriyaki sirloin...YUM!
The plan for today:
at least 5 bottles of water
I guess I'll just have take the stairs as much as possible today to get my heart pumping!
B: Yoplait light and harvest toast with butter (219)
L: Mac n cheese with steamed veggies (423)
D: Fondue-cheese, broth and chocolate (alot!)
S: 1 diced cantaloupe to eat throughout the day (188)

Total calories: 829 before dinner
That leaves me 1000 for dinner...Does anyone think this is possible? Tomorrow is weigh-in, so I don't want to go too overboard! I am working towards my Easter goal of saying good-bye to the 300's!! Hope everyone has a great night!
--Misty

modkittn
02-14-2008, 12:24 PM
Hi ladies! No real plan for me today. I am fasting for a medical test I have this afternoon. Let me tell you though - I plan on stopping and getting those candy hearts on the way home. Craving them today, but don't know why! Hope you are all doing well :)

Misty - Where are you going to eat? I've been to The Melting Pot before and it is DELICIOUS but we had a 4-course meal and it was EXTREMELY high in calories - like way more than a full day's worth even if you were trying to maintain :)

blueyedlvrgirl
02-14-2008, 05:34 PM
We are going to Forever Fondue and we are having the 4 course meal too. I am going to get the veg entree to help save some calories. Also, I plan on tasting everything but not totally indulging. I can have a little cheese, I hope the broth/sauce isn't too bad and I know the chocolate is going to be crazy. I am so bummed that I couldn't even work out today. I have been moving around as much as possible today, but its not the same. I feel like a chicken couped up in a pen!!! Oh well, it is a special occasion, neither of us have ever been there, our anniversary is less than a week away, so I will do my best not to go overboard. I'll just workout extra hard tomorrow and over the weekend. I am getting up early tomorrow, but I will walk, even if it is POURING!!! Please send all of your willpower my way tonight! Oh and to top it off, we are eating at 930pm! My darling bf thought it would be nice to see a movie first, so I am going to go to bed with all of that food still digesting! OMG! I might as well stay up all night, digest, work on homework and then workout. If I get everything done tonight I can just sleep after work tomorrow, instead of staying up all night working on it tomorrow (like last week). I was up till 330a doing hw Fri night, then back up at 9 Sat morning to finish it, then we went out and got home at 3a!
Anyway...hope everything with the test works out Lori. You are in my thoughts and prayers!
~Misty

modkittn
02-15-2008, 08:43 AM
Misty - Hope you did well last night with your choices at the restaurant! :)

I won't get the results of my test until Tuesday or so. I am feeling better with respect to those problems I was having, but now my throat is sore and my body aches so I think I caught a bug :( I really hope not, but we'll see. It was REALLY hard to get out of bed this morning!

Today's plan:
21.5 points (out of 21)

No gym if I still don't feel good :(

blueyedlvrgirl
02-15-2008, 12:50 PM
Hello Ladies--
I am glad that you don't work out when you aren't feeling well, usualy that only serves to make things worse. If your body needs the energy to fight off what you have, it isn't a great idea to instead use that energy to work out. I did quite well actually, if I do say so myself! We skipped the cheese appettizer, which I am sure saved a TON of calories! I opted for the garden platter which had fresh veggies and spinach gnocchi, it was out of this world. It also came with a salad, I skipped the feta cheese and had raspberry vinegarette. Since I was so good for the rest of the meal, I did enjoy the choloate with caramel and pecans! I took all of the strawberries and pineapple, spilt the rice krispie treat, took one cube of poundcake and gave my bf the rest and the banana and the cheesecake. All in all it was a great night, full of delicious food! And when I WI, I had lost 1.6 lbs. I am starting to think I may need to up my calories. The 2 mornings after eating a little more and not working out I had lost weight, but the mornings after eating a little under and working out hard, I stayed the same! What does everyone think?
I hope everyone had a Happy Valentine's Day!!

For today:
4-5 bottles of water
some kind of moving around (I am going to a party right after work)

B: 1/2 bagel with margarine and yoplait light (282)
S: granola bar, if hungry (120)
L: organic bean, rice and cheese burrito (260)
S: green seedles grapes (138)
D: whatever non-meat items are at the party at Dave & Busters
Total before dinner: 800
I should be able to keep dinner under a 1000!

Tonight is going to be another night of temptation. We got home so late last night that there was no way I could get up at 530am and walk...I will be doing stairs and at least strolling, instead of walking fast on my lunch. I figure some moving is better than no moving. Tomorrow when I wake up I will go to clear my head before my midterm. Tomorrow night is another doozy...It is my bf's bday and we are going to a comedy club and buffet dinner. I am hoping limiting myself to the non-meat items will help me to stay in-check. We'll see how it goes. I am just glad that going out last night and not drinking all my water 2 days this week combined with not walking yesterday didn't derail my plans. I still can't believe I lost 0.6 lbs in the 24 hour period that I didn't work out and I ate extra! My body is weird.

modkittn
02-15-2008, 01:19 PM
Misty - As far as staying the same the day after working out - your muscles are probably retaining water from your workout. I wouldn't worry about it. The thing you really need to pay attention to is what the scale says over a larger period of time, a week or more. You're doing great so far!

chicpanda
02-16-2008, 10:51 PM
Sorry I am not able to post for a few days.. fell and cannot sit at the computer. question re: calories burned.. from the fitday software activities log.
might be in error. I will check it thanks for mentioning it to me.
c

KidsLibrarylady
02-17-2008, 08:23 PM
Coralee-- How are you doing???? Sounds like you are in a fair amount of pain. :(

Misty- you are rocking!! Great job!

Lori-- hope your test went well and you are feeling better!

Since we are only on page five, I don't think I am going to start a new thread.

Anyone in the mood for a challenge? I am challenging myself to drink all my water (64 ounces) every day this week.

I think I am finally over the stomach bug. That was a doozie. Drinking water actually seems doable to me. I have been having leg, feet and back cramps, I think from dehydration, so I need to get some down me. Drinking water, or eating normally, didn't sound doable to me last week.

My data is entered into my calorie tracker and it has new batteries- I am ready to roll in the morning. I think I may head out to the mall to walk-- we can't catch a weather break here.

Have a great night!

modkittn
02-18-2008, 03:22 PM
Just a quick post. I've been sick all weekend, but slowly getting better. Glad today is a holiday and I didn't have to use any sick time! Will check in again tomorrow hopefully.

KidsLibrarylady
02-18-2008, 09:20 PM
So very close on my water. Tomorrow I will nail it.
The weather is insane here. I can't wait to walk outside!

Trazzie
02-18-2008, 10:03 PM
Hey girls,
Sorry I haven't been around. I've had a terrible week.. I cant stop eating! I was doing so good I don't know whats gotten into me. I've hit every fast food place and ate everything in sight for the past 5 days. Wednesday is my weigh in day and I'm not even looking forward to it. I'm guessing I put on more then a few pounds during this fat fest. But it ends now!!!
I need to get back on track .. I am going to lower my calories to 1200 a day until I lose all the weight I managed to put back on, I am going to drink my 64 fl oz of water and I am going to do some form of exercise EVERYDAY. I can't even believe I sabatoged myself like this. I feel just horrible. :(

blueyedlvrgirl
02-19-2008, 12:40 PM
Hey Ladies...
Sounds like everyone has had their battles between Coralee falling, Lori getting sick, Chris getting over being sick and Traci having a bad week!! I hope everyone is feeling better and getting back on track! I had such an insane weekend!! I ended up staying up till 4am working on my homework and midterm and did homework all the way through my sister's bf's bday party. I ate pretty well under the circumstances. Friday I ate rice pilaf, salad, steamed broccoli and rolls. I also had a small piece of cake and I had a long island iced tea without the coke. On Saturday I ended up going up early after staying up till 4am to finish up the homework and midterm. My bf and I went out for his bday Saturday night. The buffet at the comedy club forced me into pretty much the same dinner from the night before, rice pilaf, steamed broccoli, salad and warmed pita bread. Sunday I was at my mom's, she ordered Chinese, but I stuck to soup and an egg roll. Yesterday I had my one meat meal, warmed roast beef sandwich! OMG, it was delicious! Luckily, she had cheesecake for dessert, which I hate. I had no sugar added apple raspberry pie and no sugar added vanilla ice cream. I am sure I wasn't exactly within my calorie range, but I could've really blown it, which I don't think I did. I seem to have maintained my weight, which makes me happy. Now it is time to get back ont rack. The weather here was cooperating, but it seems as though it is going to rain on and off for the whole week. I found out the fitness room at my complex doesn't open till 8am, which rules out working out before work, so I am going to TRY to get in there and at least walk on the treadmill after work, but school makes it really hard to do. So, my mom and I finally bit the bullet and each ordered Urban Rebounders. I am pretty excited because I can get up before work and bounce with my ipod on without disturbing my bf, w/o worrying about weather. It comes with dvds, so once I am comfortable on it, I can use those, I can also add weights once I am comfortable too. Then, my mom and I just both found it that our jobs supplement an LA Fitness membership, so eventually we are talking about getting a membership. We can workout 3 days there and 3 days at home on the bouncer, then have one day off. I can't wait for it get here! Now I just got to order an Enell to keep the girls from slapping me in the face! ;) Anyway, I hope that everyone is doing much better today!!

The plan for today:
4-5 bottles of water
Walk for 30 mins (either at lunch or at home on the treadmill)
1800 calories

B: Honey nut Cheerios with skim milk (250)
S: Kashi GOLEAN Roll (190)
L: Mac n Cheese with broccoli (398)
S: Organic granola bar (120)
D: Spinach ravioli, salad, sourdough toast (643)
S: ??
Total calories consumed: 1599 before after dinner snack

Trazzie
02-19-2008, 09:33 PM
Today I did much better. I had to rethink my 1200 calorie punishment :lol: I want to get at least 1200 calories a day but hitting that number and not going over or under is a tad impossible. So I'm restricting myself to 1400. I did go a tad above it and I know I could have done better, but I'm not going to beat myself up over it.

Calories: 1411
Exercise: 45 min workout video

So maybe the scale gods will feel sorry for me and tomorrows weigh in wont be as devistating as I'm anticipating..

Blueyedluvgirl - Great job maintaining your weight! I know I would have gave in to temptation and ended up gaining gaining gaining...

KidsLibrarylady
02-19-2008, 10:51 PM
Traci-- great job!! It is so hard to get back on track. I love that you are losing weight before your wedding. That is an awesome motivator.

Misty-- you are rocking my world. You are doing such a great job.

Lori and Coralee-- how are you feeling???

Got my water in today. I had a little help from the baby. She won't drink from a sippy cup but likes my 32 ounce bottle. Go figure. I am not taking her amount off my total. :)

Tomorrow is my day at work. Lots of temptations... that is the problem with working with a bunch of women. :)

Have a great day!

KidsLibrarylady
02-19-2008, 10:59 PM
Misty-- by the way, the Enell bra is a MIRACLE!!

blueyedlvrgirl
02-20-2008, 03:32 PM
Hey ladies...
Well, last night I made some trades...instead of sourdough toast, I saved the calories for a few scoops of Dreyers Light Brownie ice cream...It's TOM and I really NEEDED the chocolate!! LOL! I did get out and walk yesterday, it was nice and cool, so I got a great walk in. By the looks of it, I don't think it will happen again today though. Maybe a miracle will happen and the clouds will open up and make room for the sun! ;) I have a TON of homework to do, which is causing me and my bf to postpone our anniversary dinner until Friday. :( Maybe I will prop my laptop or textbook up on the treadmill so I don't feel so guilty about making time for exercise, but not dinner!!

Chris and Traci---Thanks for noticing! It's been tempting to jus totally give in, but I would only be hurting myself in the end, I have enough weight to lose without adding more! LOL...I am too lazy and tired to add anymore to the mountain I already have.

Chris--I heard about it from this website, I have NEVER found a bra that I didn't painfully bounce in, so we will see. Are they pretty true to size? I want to make sure I can breath once I have it on!

Lori and Coralee---How are you feeling? I had cramps that were so bad earlier that I was seeing stars and felt like I was going to throw up. Yuck!

For today:
4-5 bottles of water, hopefully the treadmill (not looking good for outdoor walking)
B: Yopait light and english muffin (256)
S: Wheat thins and pepper jack cheese (240)
L: Cottage cheese with pineapple (197)
S: Lara Bar (190)
D: Organic bean, rice, cheese burrito "wet" with enchilada sauce and 2%
cheese with brown rice (636)
S: ??
Total consumed: 1519 before evening snack

modkittn
02-20-2008, 03:40 PM
I am feeling better - not 100%, but better. I am back to work today, but I wish it had only been a half day. I'm tired! Trying to watch what I eat today, but I dug into some of the chocolate that is hanging around at work. Not too worried about it. I am up a couple pounds from not watching what I ate when I was sick, but I'm not too worried about that either. Once I'm feeling better and am back on track it will fly off!

KidsLibrarylady
02-20-2008, 04:33 PM
Misty-- I LOVE mine. It takes some time to adjust to it-- it seems too tight. BUT I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

I went to a speciality shop to get fitted for mine. You can get on the Enell website and look for a shop near you that will fit you. Best money I have ever spent.

Trazzie
02-20-2008, 09:04 PM
Evening Ladies...
Well my dreaded weigh in didn't go half as bad as I had thought. I honestly was expecting a 5+ pound gain, but THANKFULLY it was only 1.5 pounds. Which is bad enough.. It takes me 4 days to put it on and 2 weeks to work it off :lol: Now I have to pat myself on the back for staying totally OP for 2 days in a row. Not much of victory but the way I've been lately it's huge.

Todays Totals
Calories: 1346
Exercise: 30 minutes Curves workout

KidsLibrarylady
02-20-2008, 10:00 PM
Traci-- GOOD FOR YOU!!

Well, today stunk. It is the one day I work (10 hours) and I forgot my lunch on the counter at home. My DH and I carpool so I didn't have a car and there are no healthy fast food restaurants I could get to walking in 30 minutes. So I hit the vending machine. My day consisted of peanut butter crackers, trail mix and skittles. Luckily there was fruit from a meeting so I ate a bunch of that. Unluckily there was dessert bread from a meeting so I ate a bunch of that. grrrrr... so dumb.

blueyedlvrgirl
02-21-2008, 02:24 PM
Add to me the list of not-so-good yesterdays...I BLEW IT!!! I was doing ok, breakfast went smoothly, but then I got to lunch. I tried this new brand of cottage cheese and brought it for lunch yesterday with pineapple. It was so GROSS...OMG! Not even the pineapple covered the taste!!! I was starving so I went downstairs to the breakroom and had a cup o noodle. The label said 330 calories, I didn't drink the juice, so hopefully that shaved a few calories and a lot of sodium! Well, since I had more calories at lunch than planned I skipped the Lara Bar, to compensate. When my bf picked me up he insisted on taking me out to dinner for our anniversary, so when we got to Mexican restaurant I was starving from skipping my afternoon snack. Guess what they brought...freshly fried, still warm tortilla chips and salsa, of course! I think I had about a basket and half...not good. Then, the only thing that didn't have meat was cheese enchiladas, so I got that with rice and beans and ate every single bite. I am surprised I didn't lick the plate!!! LOL! Then by the time we got home it was too late and my cramps were horrible, so I didn't even exercise, instead I tried to get some homework done. I don't think I even drank my water, which lately I have been so good about! Yesterday was a total bust!!! I am sure that TOM had a lot to do with it though. I weighed myself this morning, probably not a good idea...I am up 2.2 lbs. I know that is mostly due to TOM, but it was a good motivator, b/c it made me see how easy it is to reverse a lot of hard work. So, I got right back on track today and I am hoping that it stays clear long enough for me to walk today, I feel lost without exercise!! Right now I have 1343 planned, hopefully I can stay down a few hundred calories to help make up for yesterday. I have a lot of cleaning planned for the weekend, that should help burn tons of calories, plus my rebounder will be here Monday!!! YAY!!!
Traci--I am glad that it wasn't as bad as you thought it would be!!
Lori--Happy to hear that you are at last on the road to being better!!
Chris--The store listed as selling them locally doesn't have my size and takes 10-14 days to get in. I can get it faster online. I have a question...did your measurements align with your normal bra size? Mine are way off, I figure I should go with the measurements though. Is the size you wear the same as they said corresponds to your actual bra size?

For Today:
5-6 bottles of water
30 mins of walking
B: Cereal with skim milk (259)
S: LUNA bar (180)
L: Progresso light with added broccoli (158)
S: Granola bar (120)
D: Organic burrito, enchilada sauce, lf cheese and brown rice (626)

Total Calories Consumed: 1343

modkittn
02-22-2008, 08:33 AM
I am feeling much better today! No planning for today, though. I am having lunch with a friend but he basically shot down every restaurant I offered up to go to. Said they were all "boring". I bet he wants to go to the Mexican or Vietnamese places around here - all VERY high in calories. I can usually find something OK at the Mexican place though.

I am up from my ticker to 161.2 (last time I weighed a few days ago). I know its because I've been sick, not drinking my water the past couple days, and not watching what I've been eating when I was sick - lots of grilled cheese at my house lately! Even had pizza one night. Today is also unplanned, like I said earlier, but I'm going to plan tomorrow and start getting back on track. Hopefully I'll get to the gym tonight or tomorrow as well.

Misty - TOM can do that to you! I am an emotional eater during TOM - I want comfort foods and sometimes give in :o

Chris - DH and I carpool too and if I don't feel like eating what I brought or I forget my food I'm usually in a pickle too. I usually don't have cash on me either, so I can't just go to the cafeteria downstairs. I usually walk around asking if anyone is going out to lunch :lol:

Traci - Don't worry about that gain, you will lose it!

KidsLibrarylady
02-22-2008, 09:47 AM
Misty-- When I got my Enell I was 44DD. I got a size 4 Enell. I have no idea if that helps you!!

Yesterday was another bad day. More or less, if it wasn't nailed down, I ate it. I never know when my TOM is going to be, nursing for so long made it pretty unpredictable. Let's hope it is that and I haven't actually lost my mind. :)

blueyedlvrgirl
02-22-2008, 01:03 PM
Hello Ladies!
Well, yesterday went smoothly, thankfully!! I did substitute the brown rice for a BIG salad though. When I stepped on the scale for my weekly WI, I was shocked and appalled that the number climbed even higher! I don't know what is going on, my scale was acting kinda weird and with TOM and the Mexican food I don't know what to believe. I am just going to keep up with my plans and not touch that scale till next Friday! Luckily yesterday it cleared up long enough for me to have my 30 minute walk. Today it is back to raining, so I am definitely hitting the treadmill after work, since it won't matter how late I need to stay up to do homework tonight. I have a lot of housework tomorrow, so hopefully that will burn some extra calories, plus I will look too much of a wreck to be tempted to go out to eat.
Chris- I also wear a 44DD, but when I took my measurements, they lined up with a size 8, which they say is more like a 52 D-DD-DDD. I doubt that I would be able to get into a 44 if I was really a 52, so I am kind of lost on what size I wear. I went with the size the measurements pointed to, with my fingers crossed that it is the right size. I guess we will see when I get it.
Lori-LOL...I don't know what I was comforting, I sure wasn't comforted when I saw the number on the scale this morning! I didn't know it was possible to gain 2 lbs overnight!!! Oh well, like I said, I am going to try to stay OP and not weigh again till Friday.

My bf and I also carpool, so he always has the car during the day, so I face the same problems as you 2. I think we are going to be changing things though, since his work hours are going to make it harder for carpooling to be convenient.

For today:
4-5 bottles of water, 35 mins on treadmill, 10 on elliptical (that's all I can do)
B: Lite yogurt with lemon luna bar <gross, I only ate a 1/3 of it> (190)
S: Everything crackers with pepper jack cheese (240)
L: Progresso Light Soup with broccoli added (150)
S: I didn't plan well today, I didn't bring one...OOPS!
D: Large salad with almonds and sunflower seeds, rf dressing, caesar pea
pods (400)
S: Ice cream (180)
Popcorn (90)
Total Consumed: 1250 I guess I didn't plan well today, I am probably going
to end up STARVING! I guess I need to buy some fruit to
bring for snacks, I am slacking off, I know! I'll try to add
some stuff in somewhere.
Have a good day ladies!!

blueyedlvrgirl
02-22-2008, 03:49 PM
Change of plans:
B: Same as above
S: Skipped
L: Same as above
S: see first snack above
D: Fiesta Besta salad with salsa and ranch, edamame added (645)
Total Calories: 1512

KidsLibrarylady
02-22-2008, 08:11 PM
Misty---- hmmm..... that size seems very, very odd.

KidsLibrarylady
02-25-2008, 08:08 AM
Well, ladies, school has taken it's toll. I gained back all but one pound of what I recently lost and will have to change my ticker. :mad: I am so frustrated with myself. There is nothing good or satisfying about being this fat and yet I can't seem to get it together to do anything about it. I can. I have done it before. I had so much more time then, though. No baby, no school. How is that for an excuse? People with more kids and more challenging kids have done it. Why can't I get it together??????? So very frustrated, and so ends my rant.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. I am concentrating on water again this week. Food, too, but I have much more success with water and right now I need a little bit of success!

Chris

modkittn
02-25-2008, 08:18 AM
Today is my first day back on track since being sick. I gained 3 pounds while sick. Most is water weight, I'm sure. I haven't been drinking much water recently either. I'm pretty sure most of that 3 pounds will come off quickly.

I'm still having some medical problems though. It would probably be TMI if I posted what they are. I have to go back to the doctor this Thursday to try to figure out what is causing it all. Its really making me feel worn down though, so I hope we're able to figure out whats causing it.

Chris - Don't worry, its just 1 pound. Get back on track and you'll lose it in no time!

Misty - I'm sorry the scale was up :( Wait until you have a week that isn't TOM and see how it is. I noticed that sometimes you eat under your goal for calories. Maybe try to bump it up?

blueyedlvrgirl
02-25-2008, 12:43 PM
Good Morning Ladies...
How is everyone doing this tiring Monday morning?? Well, it is the last week of the month, which for me means finals for school and craziness at work!! Well, I ended up staying OP Friday, even though I was up till 3am doing homework. Saturday I did housework for 7 hours!! I would say about 5 of it was labor intensive; moving furniture, bending, lifting, etc. I don't know how many calories I burned, but it had to be a lot! I still only ate about 1800-1900 calories and I drank ALOT of water! Yesterday I was extremely sore, especially in my butt, lower back and hamstrings. I could've and probably should've drank more water yesterday, but ate OP as far as calories. I took the day off from exercise though. Today I weighed myself and a couple of the pounds from Friday were gone. I think that with all the soreness I have, my muscles are probably retaining water to continue to heal. Also, last night I had a lot of sodium in my dinner. So...things seem to be back on track, luckily!
Chris--I know how you feel, I have days that no matter what I tell myself about how I don't want to be this weight anymore, I almost can not stop myself from eating what I know will produce the opposite of what I want. It's a daily challenge. I have learned that I just have to take hold of the situation and regain my control. I am the only person that can create the life that I want for myself. I have to look at it the way I look at the rest of the goals I have. I want to finish with school. I schedule my studying, make it a priority, even studying at parties. I have to do the same thing with weight loss; I need to have a routine so that this becomes a habit, second nature to me. I have to set myself up for success, not failure. No more crap in the house, that way when I have a weak moment, there is no way for me to cave in. Willpower alone can not get us through, we need to be ready for when willpower fails us. Its hard, I know, but we can do it!!
I found the difference between my measurements and bra size very interesting too. When it gets here I will let you know how it goes.
Lori--I hope you get things figured out with your health, that can really take a toll on all aspects of life! Take it easy and feel better soon! As far as my calories, I think that going below my calories isn't helping the situation. Online I saw a suggested calories range of 1846-2214 for me, I am wondering if maybe the range I have been in of 1500-1800 has been too low. One of my goals this week is to really try to stick right around 1800-1900, I am hoping this will help my body to realize I am not going hungry anytime soon!!
For today:
at least 5 bottles of water
30 mins of walking
1800-1900 calories

B: Cereal with skim milk (263)
S: Lara bar (190)
L: Organic burrito w/caesar pea pods (410)
L: After walk-apple (77)
S: Kashi GO Lean ROLL (190)
D: Brown rice with steamed veggies (502)
S: Something!
Total consumed: 1629 before evening snack

Have a great day Ladies!!

blueyedlvrgirl
02-26-2008, 01:21 PM
Hi Ladies!
I hope everyone is well...Where is everyone?? Well, when my bf picked me up he had 6 boxes of Girl Scout cookies!!! Luckily, he only order 1 box of my favorite (Tagalongs) and 1 box of the sugar free chocolate chip. The rest are ones that he likes! So I had some light Dreyers ice cream and 2 of the sugar free cookies (which were very good). That little snack put me slightly over, but I am really trying to stick to the higher end of my range and see if that is one of my problems. So...

1800-1900
at least 5 bottles water
30 mins walking (my rebounder should be here today!!!)

B: Cereal with skim milk (263)
S: Larabar (180)
L: Leftover brown rice and veggies (317)
S: Apple and caramel cakes (167)
D: I have no idea, which can be BAD! I have errands to run after work and that means a very uncertain dinner. My bf will want to grab something out which equals a lot of calories, usually.

Total: 923 (that leaves about 1000 to work with for dinner, I may end up at Taco Bell, at least I know how many calories I am consuming there)

modkittn
02-26-2008, 04:11 PM
I have had 1 serving of Girl Scout Cookies every day for 2-3 days now :) Well its only 2 cookies per serving and 3 points. Not bad. I STILL haven't planned a day or kept on track recently. TOM came today and was very painful. All I wanted to do this morning was eat - and I did :o

blueyedlvrgirl
02-27-2008, 06:58 PM
Well, I am late today, things at work have been hectic to say the least! my rebounder came last night, my enell bra is sitting at my doorstep and I can't wait to try them both out!! I sneaked a peak at the scale this morning and it seems I have lost all of the TOM and mexican food splurge weight plus a little more! I think eating at 1900 calories is helping me to stay OP and helping my body to realize there is plenty of food coming its way. I guess I will see on Friday!
4-5 bottles H20
1800-1900 calories
Walked 55 mins, probably will try out the rebounder

B: Yogurt with a pinch of sliced almonds (162)
S: Kashi GO Lean ROLL (190)
L: Organic burrito with Cheddar Veggie Crisps (390)
S: Apple (77)
S: Seedless grapes (108)
D: ?? Maybe ravioli

Before dinner: 935

blueyedlvrgirl
02-28-2008, 12:39 PM
Hello again...Sometimes I feel like I am the only one posting here anymore!
Last night I resisted the temptation my bf presented, which was ordering pizza from some place that put a door hanger on our doorknob yesterday. Even though I didn't feel like it, I decided to cook instead. I had Amy's organic wheat and oat bran crust cheese pizza, to that I added some broccoli florets and parmesan cheese. It was very good! Then I had an apple and some multigrain honey graham cakes for dessert. I tried about my new Enell bra, which I think could be a size smaller, and my rebounder. Even after walking for 55 mins yesterday, I managed to bounce for 15 mins before my legs were killing me! Anyway...

1800-1900 calories
4-5 bottles of water
30 mins of walking, 15-20 mins rebounding

B: Cereal and skim milk (263)
S: Larabar (210)
L: Leftover pizza from last night and a plum (460)
L: After walk orange (70)
S: Grapes (138)
D: Barilla Plus with Prego Heart Smart and veggies (685)

Total: 1826

modkittn
02-28-2008, 01:14 PM
So I went to the doc this morning. I woke up with laryngitis. Throat is swollen and sore. Glands are swollen. Ears are blocked. Chest congestion and coughing that up (hence the laryngitis). Turns out I have a strain of the flu. Doc put me on antibiotics. We also talked about my other issues I've been having lately. I did some experimenting with the fiber supplement I had been taking, and that helped a bit. Basically the doc thinks I have IBS. My experimenting helped, so he said to keep doing what I've been doing. I have an endoscopy scheduled for the end of April to test for anything else related to the IBS.

I'm working at home today and tomorrow due to feeling sick but I have SO MUCH I need to get done because I will be gone on travel for the next 2 weeks! Next week I will be in Santa Clara, CA (for a conference) and the week after I will be in West Palm Beach, FL and a naval base down in the Bahamas. Don't start saying I'm lucky - I will be stuck in a building with no windows all day until the sun goes down every day I am there!

I think I'm up 4 pounds from my ticker but I'm still not back on track. Hopefully once I start feeling better (yay antibiotics) I will be able to focus more on my eating and exercise.

Sorry Misty about not posting my plans, but until I am better I just want to focus on trying not to be sick! Where is everyone? I hope they didn't give up!

KidsLibrarylady
02-28-2008, 03:09 PM
Lori--- you are one sick women! I have IBS. Very stress-induced! It is not fun but better than other things I could have. I am sorry that you don't feel well again. :(

Misty-- I looked up rebounder so I knew what you were talking about. That looks like fun-- as fun as exercise can be. Definitely would need an enell for that. :)

I don't know where everyone is. I PM a couple of people to see where they were. Deeinthekeys is in school and getting her house ready to sell so she is too busy to post much but says hi to everyone. I am most worried about coralee as she was too hurt to sit at the computer last time she posted. :(

blueyedlvrgirl
02-29-2008, 01:24 PM
Hi Ladies...
Lori--My mom has a severe case of IBS, I have seen the effects...It does not look fun! When she starts to have a bout, she drinks a cup of keifer and that seems to really help. Also, she has found that the dreaded white carbs, such as toast, tortillas and baked potatoes really help when she is having an "episode." She has been experimenting with sweet potatoes, sourdough toast and wheat tortillas, instead of the others b/c she is diabetic on top of it. Anyway, maybe that will help when it flares up. Hope you feel better!!

Chris--Yes, the Enell is a must for that type of activity. It is pretty fun, brutal on my legs, especially with the walking. It came with some workout dvds, but I don't know that I have the stamina for them yet. I have been bouncing 15 mins the last 2 nights, trying to build up to more. I did notice that leg extensions, that lower ab exercise where you lift your legs up and down, are much easier on my back from it. I will probably try out the first workout dvd tomorrow while my bf is gone. I either watch tv or listen to my ipod, so the time goes by pretty fast. Last night I listened to the last part of my finance lecture, then switch to the Dr. Phil I had recorded from yesterday.

So...
I am eating out twice today, but I am still managing to stay in my calorie range(YAY!!!) Oh, I was down 2 lbs today!!
1800-1900 calories
4-5 bottles of water
30 mins of walking, 20 mins on rebounder

B: Lite yogurt and multigrain mini cakes (222)
S: Banana
L: Veggie Delite Subway 6" with jack cheddar cheese and sweet onion sauce and baked veggie crisps (490)
S: Cara cara orange (70)
D: El Pollo Loco BRC burrito, salad w/ranch, dipped reg cone (957)
Total: 1844 calories

Well, have a great weekend everyone! I will try to get here at least once!

modkittn
02-29-2008, 01:51 PM
I REALLY need to start planning my days again. It is just hard when I am feeling ill, because I crave comfort food. So here's to planning tomorrow and trying to get back on track for me!!!! I will be traveling for work for the next 2 weeks, so it is CRUCIAL that I start planning again in order to get through those 2 weeks without gaining more weight. I am already up at least 4 pounds from my ticker :cry:

NavyWifeDee
03-03-2008, 11:28 AM
Sorry for the long absence, life is just hectic. I made a point of saying that I'd get back on track today, so here I am. Let's hope that getting the rest of my life on track is as easy as posting again, lol. I haven't even weighed myself but once in the last two weeks, so no idea where I am, although I was holding steady last time I weighed.. No loss, but no gain. I am officially done with my Bachelor's (graduation isn't until late April), and started my first graduate class today. I may have bitten off more than I can chew on this one, what with the move coming up and the hubby going off to the desert for a year. Lots more work needed on these graduate classes. A small paper every week, weekly discussions and reading, and one big term paper, as well as two exams. EEEK. Nice to see that some of you are still here. I'll finish reading through the posts and catch up on what I missed during my next break from housecleaning. I'm going to clean my kitchen and cook some lunch for me and my sick lil boys right now. Hope you all are having a great day, and that the Monday is motivating you instead of gettign you down.

Dee

blueyedlvrgirl
03-03-2008, 12:25 PM
Good Morning Ladies!
Well, I had a pretty successful weekend, I stayed OP with food, exercise and water! I even passed on the temptation to buy some alcohol after my 7 hour final!! This was the first Monday morning in awhile that I could see that I had sustained my weight loss from Friday over the weekend! YAY! I tried out that "beginners" dvd that came with my rebounder...If that is for beginners then I don't know what I am. I got through the warm-up, but that was it. Then I just turned it off and did my own thing with my ipod on. At least I know what I am getting myself into and have something to work towards!
Lori--I hope you are feeling better and were able to get on track!
Dee--Welcome back!
Anyway...
1800-1900 calories
4-5 bottles of water
30 mins walking, 20 mins rebounding

B: Cereal with skim milk (306)
S: Larabar (190)
L: Lite yogurt with multigrain caramel cakes, grapes (328)
S: Strawberries (78)
D: Spinach ravioli?? Going to the store after work, so who knows!
Total: 901 before dinner

blueyedlvrgirl
03-03-2008, 04:56 PM
Are we starting a new thread for March?