Support Groups - Gettin' my sexy back - February.

View Full Version : Gettin' my sexy back - February.

Robsia
02-03-2008, 07:38 PM
Hi

My name's Julie and last year I was part of a fantastic group on here and managed to lose 70 lbs with their help - but then I got pregnant, went away, put on tons of weight, had the baby, came back - and my wonderful support group is no longer here!

So, now I'm ready to get back to work at 'Gettin' my sexy back' and wondered if anyone would like to join me.

I've made a start - I've lost 19 pounds since 1 week post-partum (plus 17 lbs lost in the first week - but that included baby and associated stuff). I want to get back into my size 10 (US size 6) jeans by summer time! And also lose this jelly belly I seem to have acquired.

So, come on ladies, let's get our sexy back!!

LadyNascar
02-03-2008, 08:25 PM
Hi - I'm Lisa and I want to get my sexy back!

I lost 60 lbs 2 years ago (needed to lose a few more) but life happens and I've gained almost all of that back. :(

I'm 47 (as of the 8th of February) and have lost a little over 9 pounds since Dec 30, 2007. I'm not sure what my end goal is going to be, but I would like to get my body fat% to 20%.

Looking forward to conversations along the way!

fiberlover
02-03-2008, 09:47 PM
Hi Julie! Thanks for the invite!

CapriPants
02-04-2008, 01:36 AM
Hey Everyone!!! I'm So Ready To Bring Sexy Back!!!!! I'm in this till the end!!!

Robsia
02-04-2008, 03:58 AM
Hi Lisa - welcome! You've done so well to lose 9 pounds already.

Hi Lori - I sent an invite to everyone on the plateau thread that seemed to fizzle out - so maybe we'll see a few familiar faces and also meet some great new people.

Hi Capripants - welcome! Well done on losing 5 pounds! Look forward to getting to know you better!

Here are my stats for this week:

Week 9:
Starting Weight: 190 lb (1 week post-partum)
Current Weight: 171.1 lb

Lost this week: 2.2 lb
Lost so far: 18.9 lb (35.9 lb from pre-birth)

To lose to get to pre-pg (144): 27.1 lb
To lose to get to ultimate goal (135): 36.1 lb

I haven't managed to start working out yet - baby is 9 weeks - but my mum offered to take her a couple of times a week so I can do my workout, so I might start that this week.

racerwife07
02-04-2008, 02:56 PM
Hi Julie... Thanks for the invite. I am ready to get my sexy back. I'm like you I had a baby actually baby girl #4 gained way to much weight, but it was worth it. I'm very impressed at how much weight you have lost and in only 9 weeks. You go girl! My ultimate goal is 135 pounds also. We can do it! What kind of plan are you following? I'm trying low carb again; I had success with it after baby #3, I sure hope it works this time.

:oI'M GETTIN MY SEXY BACK! Christy :o

InAGroove
02-04-2008, 03:03 PM
Oooo, yeah, I wanna get my sexy back, too! My bebe #2 will be 1 year old in April and I am hoping to be at my prepregnancy weight then........it came off a lot quicker & easier with #1!!! Looking forward to all the support & conversation!

Robsia
02-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Hi Christy. I'm not following any plan as such - just calorie counting and logging it all in Nutridiary. It worked for me in the past so I know I can do it. Baby was born on 4th December, so I had Christmas and New year to deal with but, although the weight did go up, it came down again in between times, so over that two-week period I technically maintained, which I was very pleased with. I'm eating between about 1600 and 1700 calories a day - and I'm breastfeeding, which burns up loads of calories. So I'm really pleased with my weight loss so far.

Hi InAGroove - welcome!! Look forward to getting to know you.

OneLastTime
02-04-2008, 11:08 PM
Hi Ladies ~

I would love to join your group if you don't mind!! Love the title....

I have a daughter as well but she's almost 13 so I can't blame my weight on the pregnancy anymore, huh? :D My weight, much like everyone elses has been a little of this and a little of that through the years and here I am!! I have, however lost 35 pounds, took a break for December and January due to family illnesses and am now ready to get back on track!!

Can't wait to get to know you all better through this journey. :hug:

Robsia
02-05-2008, 03:47 AM
Hi Sandra - welcome to the group. You've done really well so far to lose 35 lbs.

2beautiful2Bfat
02-05-2008, 05:23 AM
Hi can I join your thread? I would also like to get my sexy back, although it has been so long I am not sure where it is!!!

i started this journey on jan 14 08 and have lost almost 15 lbs so far. My goal was 125lbs but in figuring out what my BMI would be I am wondering if that goal may be too low. I would have a BMI of 19. What do you all think about that?

I also have a baby (baby girl # 3). She is 10 months though. I just got down to my prepregnancy weight which is still way tooo fat!! But I"m working on it and hoping to lose weight so I can try for a boy.

I'm doing my own thing which is basically a low cal low carb type thing.

Robsia
02-05-2008, 06:32 AM
Hi 2beautiful - love the username. I think that applies to us all doesn't it?

You've done really well so far. Personally I would think a BMI of 19 would be a little too low - it's right at the bottom end of healthy. Maybe something more like 20 or 21? That would be a weight of between 128 and 134 for your height.

But of course it's up to you - you want something realistic, that you will be able to maintain. Were you always fluffy, or were you once that slim? If you have been that slim before then it will probably be easier for you to get back there and keep it off, whereas me, who was always fluffy, could never hope to maintain that kind of weight. I'd just be happy to be at the top end of healthy.

CapriPants
02-05-2008, 11:21 AM
Thanks Robsia for the welcome... so whats the topic of the day???

tkglenn
02-05-2008, 11:33 AM
can i join? i want to fell sexy again. I have 4 children and right now i'm at my pre-pregnant weight from baby #4 (who is 6 months old) and my daughter (child #3) will be 2 next month and my goal is to get to that pre-pregnant weight which will bypass child #2's pre-pregnant weight. I want to see that look in DH's eyes again. I lost almost 10 pounds in the last month and he started getting that look again but slowly faded when i gained a few pounds again. i even bought a red sexy dress to wear to a surprise dinner (i'm planning) for my hubby. i bought the dress alot smaller then what i can fit now but it's part of my "sexy" goal.

anajjana
02-05-2008, 11:50 AM
Good Morning Ladies and thanks for the invite Robsia, I believe were old buddies from the 1lb down thread.

*edit*
I guess I should give a quick bio of myself:
My name is Jana, I'm 23, no kids, no BF, although I wish I had both, I've lost about 38lbs so far and have been slacking of lately. This past summer I got all the way down to 182 and everything in my closet was toooo big. Now I'm back at 190 and everything is fitting again! I'm so disappointed in myself because I was doing so good! I live alone and work 2 jobs, I have a wonderful yorkie-poo named 'Precious' whom I love to death! My world seems as if it going in circles right now because nothing is changing. I can't seem to get a good date to save my life!! I've been on so many bad dates lately it's unbelieveable!! I don't have many friends and the one I do have are all in relationships so I spend most of my free time at home w/Precious or with family. I have a major problem with falling off the wagon right at the point of success, it's like I see a lost and get happy and fall off. Well enough of that.

I've been doing pretty good this week, I started a new plan that I've made myself and it's going good.

I want be sexy for the summer!! It's not to late to start over and be right where I want to be by the time summer starts!

Thanks for starting a new group Robsia, my old one had kinda lost it's way.

Have a Great Day Ladies!!

racerwife07
02-05-2008, 02:05 PM
Good afternoon Ladies...... So far my day is going great. I got in 15 mins of exercise last night. yay me! I hope to be down 5lbs. by February 15; my 11th wedding anniverary is the 14 and we are going to stay at the beach for two nights and I want to look and feel good.

Hi tkglen... I to have four children. all girls. Jennifer 12, Alexis, 9, Mary 7, and Tomie-Lynn 21 months. They keep me busy.

racerwife07
02-05-2008, 02:08 PM
Together we can beat the scale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tkglenn
02-05-2008, 02:11 PM
racer---yeah having 4 kids will really keep you going on your toes. I have 3 boys and 1 girl and let me tell you, boys are soooo very different then girls. My boys are so energetic and my little girl is the sweetheart. She would rather smile and joke around and give lots of kisses and hugs. My boys want to throw everything around, leave stuff laying on the floor, go outside and play ball and come back in and leave grass and leaves and dirt all over the carpet. And that's not mentioning my DH---he's a whole different story. My boys are 8 yrs, 5 yrs, and 6 months and my girl is almost 2 yrs old. Girls are so much fun. I love her to death (I love my boys too but it's different with girls).

2beautiful2Bfat
02-05-2008, 02:22 PM
So now I am rethinking my goal! Should I change my ticker? the thinnest I was in my adult life was 135-140 so maybe that woudl be mroe realistic and then if I get there I can always go lower if I want or should I am=im high and see what happens? Need advice about what to do with my ticker!

OneLastTime
02-05-2008, 03:54 PM
Hi Ladies :hug:

Doing good today... No exercise yet but doing great on the food part. It's nice to see a nice size group getting going here. Does anyone have a specific weigh-in day?? I weigh in on Mondays... it helps me get through the weekend without cheating too much as I know that scale will glare at me Monday morning.:D

racerwife07
02-05-2008, 05:12 PM
Hey Sandra...... I weigh in on Monday as well. Maybe I should weigh in on Sunday; that is the day I lose control. I don't know. My sister said to only weigh in once a month, that way if you lose nothing this week, but lost two pounds last week you won't beat yourself up about it. Christy

Robsia
02-05-2008, 06:01 PM
Capri - topic of the day? I didn't know there would be thinking involved!!

OK - um - what's your favourite book or author and why?

tkglenn - welcome!! You'll be posting pix of you in that red sexy dress b4 you know it!!

Jana - great to see you again! Welcome to the new thread. Don't lose heart - you've only put on a few pounds and you'll soon lose them again and have to go and buy a whole new wardrobe!

racer - WTG on the exercise! That's one thing I still haven't figured out how to fit in my day yet. It took me 5.5 hours to do my ironing today, baby just would NOT stay asleep and seemed to be constantly hungry!

2Beautiful - personally I think at your height you'd look great at 135. I'm 2 inches shorter than you and would be ecstatic to reach 135.

Sandra - I weigh in on Mondays too. I also have a DIY weight loss group that meets at my house on Thursdays so I have two weigh in days - that definitely keeps me on my toes, having to be accountable to myself on Mondays and the group on Thursdays.

I couldn't weigh in monthly - I actually weigh myself daily, I know you shouldn't, but I just love to see it going down down down!!

----------------------

Well, today has been Shrove Tuesday - commonly known as Pancake Day here in the UK - the day where we traditionally eat pancakes. I had five, but according to the packet mix, they are only 133 calories each, so all 5 were only 665, so I'm still within my calories for the day - yay!! I'm not sure I believe the 133 calories, but you can't argue with the packaging. And even if they were more - it's only once a year.

Today I have eaten:
Breakfast - weetabix and milk - 184
Lunch - porridge - 223
Dinner - pancakes - 665
Milk for coffee - 333
Snack: 1 oz cheerios - 104

Total: 1509.

Pretty carb-heavy, but I don't normally have porridge for lunch - I just fancied it today. I normally have soup.

Robsia
02-06-2008, 06:53 AM
Morning ladies.

Well, after my pancake-fest yesterday, I am exactly the same weight this morning as I was yesterday - yay!!

And what's more, baby girl slept for 9 hours last night for the first time ever!! Put her down, awake no less, in her Moses basket at 11pm and went downstairs. Heard her talking to herself for a short time and then silence. I went to bed at midnight and knew nothing till 7.30 when my alarm went off. She continued to sleep till 8am - so she got 9 hours altogether. She's only 2 months old!!

Then I fed her and she went right back to sleep again. She's still asleep now and it's almost 11am.

It makes such a difference - I've managed to have a shower and dry my hair and get loads of stuff done this morning.

And it's a sunny day and relatively mild for early February so we might go out for a walk later.

Aquahaze
02-06-2008, 08:51 AM
Good day all. I hope to get on here to actually be accountable to someone other than myself (as I am "soft" on discipline).

I am 35 (soon to be 36). This morning the scale shows 139.
My weight goal is around 125 (pre-children I was 118).
I am 5'-4 1/2".

My actual goal is to feel better about myself... When I was 118 I had a 30" waist... it's grown with children. I have no idea where the stretched skin is going to go, but my ultimate goal is to return to a waist between 28-30"... I think that means 6" around the middle.

My downfall is sugar. I can easily sit down with a bowl of any type of sugar and just eat it (not that I do that, but it would be easy to do). ;-) I stay-at-home and find myself munching out of boredom...

Anyhow, I look forward to getting to know each of you.

Robsia
02-06-2008, 09:05 AM
Hi there - I'm the same with sugar - I can't even have it in the house. I can just spoon it out of the packet - I thought I was the only one with that habit!!

racerwife07
02-06-2008, 09:19 AM
Good Morning.... I to am adicted to sugar. When people say one piece of cake won't hurt; thats the problem one piece of anything is never enough. I've always been a huge soda drinker too, although I have cut back to four cans a week and only on Saturday or Sunday. Trying to drink more water. I did get in 60 ozs. of water Monday & Tuesday. YAY ME!:carrot:

racerwife07
02-06-2008, 09:20 AM
Lets all get to know each other better today........

racerwife07
02-06-2008, 09:29 AM
*Name: Christy/racerwife07 (My husband drives a race car, can you guess the #)

*Happily married to Tommy for 11 years (2/14)

*4 beautifully smart and highly energetic girls: Jennifer 12, Alexis 9, Mary 7, and Tomie-Lynn 21 months.

*I own and operate a small daycare.

*I am currently working on my Associates Degree in Education.

*I enjoy racing, spending time with my family, my job, and home decorating.

*I am here to lose weight and feel good again.

*My current weight is 145, my goal is 125.

*I currently wear a size 10 jeans, I want to wear my 4/6 again.

YOUR TURN :D

Aquahaze
02-06-2008, 09:30 AM
Good job on the increased water!

I told my husband during the superbowl that I am so glad we don't have soda in the house... all the commercials of drinks crackling over ice had me wanting a cola. Actually, due to kidney stones, my urologist told me tea and dark cola are the cause of *my* particular stones... it's hard to drink just water. I do some orange juice occassionally and fresh mint lemonade.

racerwife07
02-06-2008, 09:31 AM
Almost forgot.................I'm 31

racerwife07
02-06-2008, 09:33 AM
You don't have to tell me how hard drinking water is...............My husband and girls drink more than 3 gallons daily together. I hope to one day join them.

racerwife07
02-06-2008, 09:35 AM
Welcome to Gettin my sexy back Aguahaze.......Hope to get to know you better!

Aquahaze
02-06-2008, 09:35 AM
*Name: Stacey (Aquahaze) -- I have dichromatic eyes, one aqua one hazel.

*Happily married for 12+ years (10/14)

*2 charming boys: Connor 6 and Jeremy 3.

* I am a stay-at-home mom

* I enjoy meeting new people and making new friends.

*I am also here to lose weight, but more so gain support in reducing inches and feel better about my body.

*My current weight is 139, my goal is 125.

*I currently wear a size 10 jeans, I want to need a new wardrobe. :-D

tkglenn
02-06-2008, 09:42 AM
robsia-my daughter starting sleeping throughout the night at 2 months also. My oldest boy wouldn't until he was exactly one year old, same with my second boy but I sleep trained my baby to sleep throughout the night and he finally caught on at 3 months. isn't it wonderful.

well, here's my intro....
My name is Tawnya
I've been married going on 7 years
I have 4 children 3 boys and 1 girl (8, 5, almost 2, and 6 months)
I am 28 years old and will be 29 in April
My current weight is 208 and my goal is to be around 150-165
I am a stay at home mommy (which I love but I do get bored)
I am a cake decorator/baker
I wear a size 22 pants (very embarassed about it) and want to get into a 14
I'm here to lose weight and gain self-esteem and confidence again
I also have two boxers one who is pregnant and will have puppies any time now
I enjoy scrapbooking and almost any kind of crafts

Yesterday I weighed in at 208, went to lunch with a friend (didn't do as good as I had planned) and ran for less then 1/4 of a mile but fast walked the rest of the mile. Didn't eat dinner because I was still full from lunch. I weighed myself this morning thinking that exercise I got in yesterday would help but I stayed the same. I guess it's pretty good after what I ate yesterday.

tkglenn
02-06-2008, 09:43 AM
My childrens names are
Powell (8)
Jaisen (5)
Miranda (almost 2)
Kristopher(6 months)

Robsia
02-06-2008, 10:08 AM
My name is Julie - I'm 35.

OH is Paul - been together 8 years.

We have two daughters - Bethany aged 6 and Ruby aged 2 months

I'm a music teacher - currently on maternity leave.

My highest ever weight was 213 and having to try on size 20 jeans because my 18s were too tight was my wake up call. In 2006 I got down to 144, which put my in size 10 jeans. That's UK size 10 - I think that's about size 6-8 US sizes. But then I got pregnant and I have a bagful of size 10 clothes up in the attic that are waiting for me to get back into them. I'm currently in a UK 14 at 170 lbs.

My inital goal is to get back to my pre-pg weight - 144. After that I'd like to try to get down to 135, which was always my eventual goal.

I don't have one single weakness - I have lots!! Cream cakes, chips, sausage rolls, chocolate, cookies - you name it, I'll eat it. In abundance. One thing I don't have to contend with is soda - totally indifferent to it.

2beautiful2Bfat
02-06-2008, 11:38 AM
Name: 2b2
Happily married

3 beautifully little girls ages 7, 4 and 10 mos

currently a SAHM but interviewing nannies so I can go back to work to hopefully qualify for another mat leave!!

I am currently working on my Masters Degree in Education.

I am here to lose weight and feel sexy again.

*My current weight is 204, my goal is 135.

*I would never tell anyone what size I wear but my dream is to be out of the double digits!!

anajjana
02-06-2008, 11:39 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!

Yesterday was a good eating day! I was down a pound this morning, which is wonderful considering TOM just came into town this morning! She is really kicking my butt right now!! I have a couch date this evening and she ruining it! It's hard for me to feel cute when TOM is here!

Here's to another good day ladies!!!

2beautiful2Bfat
02-06-2008, 11:44 AM
Wow most ppl hee seem to weigh in on mondays!! I weigh in on Friday because saturday is my cheat day. Every saturday I eat bread (homemade) and dessert. I do weigh myself daily because I need to to stay ion track. I think this is something I will need to do for the rest of my life.

My favorite book is french women don't get fat!! I loved it so much that I am now reading her second book. I have put alot of her advice into practice and it makes a huge difference!

Robsia- I decided to change my ticker. i think 135 is a good goal. Good for you on the pancakes yesterday!! I woudl have eaten way more!
congrats on the baby sleeping through the night! I hope it continues!!

To all the sugar freaks. I used to work in a restaurant that had brown sugar cubes on every table. I don't think I ever walked by without talking a couple!! By then end of the summer my uniform was too tight!!

I also have a hard time drinking my water so I have resorted to crystal light. I knwo some say it is bad but for me I figure it is better to drink that than not drink at all which is what woudl happen. I find it really hard to drink plain water in the winter! My sister drinks it hot but I think that is even worse!!

tkglenn- what type of cakes do you do? I am getting itno fondant. I make a cake for everyone's b-day. My daughter is truing one do you have any good ideas?

anajjana
02-06-2008, 11:45 AM
Name - Jana

Age - 23 (24 in Sept)

No Kids, live alone, work two jobs - school secretary and operator at night

I have a wonderful yorkie-poo named 'Precious'

I can't remember a time in my life where I was not trying to lose at least 5 more pounds.

I just want to make it to goal!

racerwife07
02-06-2008, 04:03 PM
Had another good day......... I drunk all my water (60ounces) yay me!!!!!!!
Had broiled seafood for lunch again today. I want to be down 5 pounds by next Friday 2/15/08. Christy

Robsia
02-07-2008, 03:59 AM
Morning ladies. I was good yesterday. I had:
Breakfast: Weetabix and milk -184
Lunch: Jam sandwiches - 277
Low fat chocolate mousse - 61
Dinner: Ravioli - 290
Snacks: 3 l-f chocolate mousses - 182
2 oz Cheerios - 209
Milk for coffee - 333

Total: 1534

LOL - I won the Lottery on Saturday - got my cheque today! Big fat £10. I only matched three numbers, but I've never won anything on the lottery before.

racerwife07
02-07-2008, 06:53 AM
Good Morning........... I won huge also; a wopping $2.00 I'm going to do my best not to spend it all in one place. LOL I did very well yesterday, but last night.. I wanted to binge so bad. There was candy and cakes everywhere I turned. I got thru it although it was hard. YAY ME!

See ya chicks later....Christy

tkglenn
02-07-2008, 07:14 AM
2beautiful-I do all kinds of cakes. Do you make your own fondant or do you buy it? I make my own which is 1,000x's better than the store bought kind. If you want the recipe, PM me and I'll give it to you.

It's an early morning for me. Yesterday was pretty good eating. I was really busy yesterday so I didn't eat breakfast but did have a veggie burger for breakfast with whole wheat bread and one for dinner. The bad thing is that I ate dinner at like 10pm. i wasn't hungry as my DH suffers from PTSD and he had a moment yesterday and really put me in the slumps. I wasn't even hungry when I ate but i know in order to lose weight, you have to eat. You need calories to burn calories. But all I drank yesterday was water so I'm very proud of myself for that.

Aquahaze
02-07-2008, 09:57 AM
I am having continuing difficulty with my computer... we are hoping to rebuild it this year, but until then I am contending with the system continuously locking up.

Yesterday was my best eating in a LONG time... my calorie goal is 1500-1800... I was in just under 1700, and walked a mile on the elliptical. Down just over 1/2 a pound since yesterday morning. :-)

Today I started my new Tae Bo DVD (well, 10 minutes of the introduction at least) and have walked 1/2 mile on the elliptical so far.

As for cakes...
I would LOVE the homemade fondant recipe. I truly didn't know there was one. :-P Two weeks from Saturday is the Boy Scouts Blue and Gold banquet and we are having a father/son cake bake ... no women allowed in the kitchen... but I can provide the recipes. :-D

tkglenn
02-07-2008, 10:04 AM
I will PM you the recipe, don't want to tempt anyone with sweets.

OneLastTime
02-07-2008, 10:50 PM
Hi Ladies :hug:

Ohhhh, I gotta tell you... I was sooooo miserable at work today, if it were socially acceptable for a 38 year old to have a tantrum like a two year old I would have. :tantrum: Of course, that just led me straight to the :m:&:m:&:m:&:m: ugh.

Anyway... feeling a bit better tonight. That could have something to do with the cosmopolitan I'm drinking.:sssh:

I've decided today that I am changing my program. See, I lost 20 pounds with the old fashion portion control and exercise which was going great but ohhh, so slow. Then I was offered to do this program under the care of a physician I work with which is a rapid weight loss so I jumped on board with that and lost another 20 lbs. quickly. I loved that but some family illnesses hit and it was impossible to stay on track with that program as it's very limiting so I quit. I've maintained for 2 months which is good but have been trying to get back on program for two weeks now and I just can't do it. Sooooo, I've decided today to stop that program and go back to the old fashion portion control and exercise. I know that's healthier, easier to do and should last in the longrun anyway. Now I just gotta break it to the doctor that I'm quitting his program. :o

The other change is I'm adding DDR to my exercise regime with my daughter. She really wants me to do it and I haven't been wanting to so I wouldn't be huffing and puffing but you know what?? She wants me to do it with her and doesn't care if I huff or puff so I should just enjoy the time I have that she wants to hang with her Mom before that changes. She's 12 so it won't be long!!!

Sorry to be so long winded but wanted to fill you in on my changes. Have a great day/night ladies!!!! Thank you all so much for doing this together. We WILL do this!!! :hug:

Robsia
02-08-2008, 03:51 AM
Christy - well done on winning $2! Last of the big spenders, huh! Good for you resisting all those evil candy and cakes!

tkglenn - good for you drinking all that water. I'm not sure I could manage without my coffee. I do try to drink water too.

Stacey - WTG on your eating and exercise. I keep looking at my exercise DVD. Does looking count do you think?

Sandra - what happened at work?

-------------------

Well, I have a small problem. I run a DIy dieters group on Thursdays and last night my mum rang up and said she doesn't want to come any more. She has always bene overweight, and is currently hovering around 190. She doesn't actually want to lose weight - she's only doing it because the doctor says she should. She has Type II diabetes and also has a lot of joint pain so she is unable to exercise.

Her old doctor prescribed her appetite suppressors, but they moved house in summer and her new doctor won't prescribe them so since she stopped taking those her weight has gone steadily up and she has really lost heart - she just likes to eat!

How can I motivate her? Should I even try?

2beautiful2Bfat
02-08-2008, 09:47 AM
Yesterday was a bad day for me I ate everything in sight!! I had to send the kids out to play to avoid eating them!!!

Today is my official weigh in and I am down 2 lbs from last week but it doesn't look like I can make my v-day goal! I'm bummed about that!

Racer how are you planning to lose 5 lbs in a week? That is what I need to do!! highly unlikely but I will try!

Congrats to Racer and Robsia on the winnings! 10 pounds is nothing to sneeze at!

TK thanks for the recipe! I usually buy mine but not the wilton stuff cause I find it has a funny taste. I buy a different local brand that is quite good but I think i will try your recipe.

Sandra DDR is actually alot of fun!! you won't even realize you are working out!

tkglenn
02-08-2008, 09:55 AM
2beautiful-no problem.

been doing pretty good. i'm stuck around 208 and can't get any lower. i'm not really doing anything bad. i'm eating healthy and not overeating. i'm drinking nothing but water all day.

robsia-sorry for your situation. i don't have any advice but just keep by her side, that's what she needs. don't give up and just tell her that she can overcome her illnesses by herself (which she reaaly can) by walking and exercising. take small steps. know what i mean?! good luck and hugs to you.

racerwife07
02-08-2008, 01:51 PM
Sandra.... Sorry to hear about your bad day. As for portion control; I think thats a great idea. I have been trying low carb this week as well as watching my portion size and I think it is working..Keep us posted on your progress. We know you can do it.

Robsia.... Give your mom all the support you can and remind her how much everyone loves her and wants her to be healthy....Maybe that will help

2beautiful.....I actually had 11 days to lose the 5 pounds.I started that goal last Monday. I'm just watching my portions and drinking atleast 60 ounces of water daily... I've cut out all my sodas; I hope that will help also. Started spring cleaning this week too... I know it is only February, but I don't want to spend my entire spring vacation cleaning house. I also have been walking 1/2 mile each day. I'll let you know Monday if the scale is still stuck at 145...Lets hope not.

Anyone tried walk away the pounds dvd? I think I'm going to pick one up at the local Wal-Mart tonight.

Hope all of you have a very enjoyable Friday evening ......Christy

OneLastTime
02-08-2008, 02:46 PM
Hi Ladies ~ :hug:

Robsia ~ You should maybe tell your mom how much you want her to be around for a while and with her steady increase in weight she'll only have more medical problems soon. Is there a local pool anywhere near you? She could swim or do exercising in the pool to avoid stress on her joints. Maybe you could offer to go with her?? Oh, and the work thing was colleague crap... I'm still annoyed so I'd actually rather not get into it. Basically it comes down to "YOU do your job and let me worry about doing my job" kind of scenario. grrrrrrr

tkglenn ~ Is there any way that you are not eating enough?? I know from past experience that if I don't eat enough or get all the food groups in the scale won't budge. Sounds silly but it's true cuz your body will hold onto fat if it's not sure when it will get more.

2Beautiful ~ QUOTE "Yesterday was a bad day for me I ate everything in sight!! I had to send the kids out to play to avoid eating them!!!" OMG. I really laughed out loud when I read this. Scared my poor kitty, he got up and ran!! I needed a good laugh, thank you!! I'm sorry you had a bad day though. Try not to be bummed at not meeting your goal, focus on the 2 lbs. you DID lose and keep going!!

Christy ~ Let us know how the new DVD works out for you. AND... don't just look at it like Robsia's been doing... actually put it in and do it!! LOL (Sorry, Robsia, couldn't help myself). Honestly, I think anything that will get us moving should help, right??

I hope everyone is having a healthy day!! :hug:

bgbrwnys101
02-09-2008, 07:54 AM
You guys are doin great...mind if I join in?
Tara

Robsia
02-09-2008, 09:19 AM
Tara- welcome!

Not much to report here - just keeping at it. Stll looking at the DVD - not got round to doing it yet.

racerwife07
02-09-2008, 10:21 AM
Welcome Tara..........Hope to get to know you better.

Robsia....Put that dvd in gurl...LOL

Christy

Aquahaze
02-09-2008, 03:54 PM
Julie -- I hope you were able to talk with you mum about staying in the group. You can possibly keep her coming as a social gathering with friends... then perhaps she'll find motivation again. (hugs)
Oh... you do have to put the DVD in and watch it... then if you do it in your sleep maybe it will help. ;-P

TK, a friend of mine was having the same problem so she went to a nutritionist. They had her track her food and calorie intake for 2 weeks. Turns out she wasn't eating enough calories so her body was storing everything she consumed. Next she added in some fitness classes and was told she needed to increase her protein intake. Once she changed what/when she was eating the scale moved and she found more energy. Good luck finding your "groove".

Today I started the Tae Bo (well, 11 minutes of the BASIC). I have also maintained my 2 x a day 1/2 mile elliptical challenge. By April I am hoping to add to that walking to church 1-2 days a week (that's about 1-1/2 miles each way) to get some outdoor activity in.

I have been doing ok with the calorie intake between 1500-1800 daily... I am already at 1200 for today and it's just 3pm. I found a tracking system that makes suggestions to help you achieve your goal -- for me it recommends a 1400 calorie a day intake! I haven't been able to stay below 1600, I have no idea how to do 1400. Hopefully now that I am actually conscience of my intake and am giving Lent (40 days) to increase my activity level up to 2 miles a day -- one mile on the treadmill and one mile on the elliptical.

2beautiful2Bfat
02-09-2008, 08:16 PM
:welcome: Tara!!

TK did you get rid of 208? Your ticker says 205 now!

Racer: good luck with your v-day goal. I am pretty sure I can't make mine :(

Sandra: glad I gave you a good laugh!!

Julia did you try the DVD yet? I have been mostly getting different ones from the library. Although they are only one week rentals!

Robsia
02-10-2008, 08:45 AM
Problem with the DVD is that I need an uninterrupted hour to do it - and with a 2 month old baby, there's no guarantee of that. Not to mention showering afterwards.

Mum has offered to take Ruby a couple of times a week so I can do it - so I'll have to make some kind of arrangement for that.

Robsia
02-10-2008, 07:04 PM
Yay - I made a definite arrangement with my mum today for her to take Ruby on Mondays and Fridays so I can do my DVD - so we start tomorrow.

We also talked about her coming to my group. She says she's sick of people telling her she should lose weight - the doctor, the nurse, and me, even though I do it in a nice way. She just wants to be left alone to eat what she wants to eat.

racerwife07
02-10-2008, 11:33 PM
Good for you Julie....Making plans is a good start.
Well ladies I let my weekend ruin my good eating again and I feel so tired. Why do I continue to do this. I weigh in on Mondays so I know it won't be a good day. Went by Walmart to get walk away the pounds dvd and my local walmart doesn't carry it, so I have to order it online and wait for it to arrive. I really wanted to start in the morning, but anyway. I don't know if I'll make V-day goal and TOM has arrived. I feel so frustrated tonight. Maybe I should just accept the fact that my body is 145lbs. and not toned. The weekend has been so bad I took everything from my closet that was to tight/small and gave it away. I guess I am just stuck at a size 10. Sorry for the rant, but my family just keeps saying "your fine"...............Christy

2beautiful2Bfat
02-11-2008, 08:12 AM
Hi everyone- how was the weekend?
Mine wasokay although saturday night I overate and had a tummy ache!! Sunday was a pretty good day.

Julie- good for you on the workout!! How did it go? I personnally never make it through an entire video without getting interrupted!! I've just gotten use to it!
I'm sorry about your mom. Why don't you give her soem time and space and then maybe tell her how everyone misses her at the meetings and see if you can get her to come back!

Christy don't give up. Is your goal to get more tonedor to actually lose more weight? How long have you been stuck? Have you tried changing your diet or workout routine? If you really have tried everything then maybe a personal trainer? My sister really wanted to get to 14% bodyfat at one point and just couldn't so she hired a trainer and he got her there. Good luck either way! You can do this!

racerwife07
02-11-2008, 09:23 AM
Good Morning Everyone. Well today isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I lost 1 pound, I guess that is better than gaining 1 pound right. How can 1 day of overeating ruin a good week.

2beautiful....I wish I could hire a personal trainer or even have time to go to the gym....My life is so hectic right now.:dizzy: Like today I work 6:30am until 4:30pm, DD has a basketball game which will last until 6-6:30, run home for a few minutes then back to the school for a writing meeting at 7pm; it will probaly last until 8-8:30, then back home to get kids ready for next day... Where is me time. None today. I thick I'm more excited about summer break than my girls. School is just as tough on us parent as the kids. Thanks for your support and your positive words have inspired me to not give up today.:hug: I think I'm going to throw my scale out or atleast have DH to lock it in his shop. I think the scale is what hurts me, I have this fantasy that I have to weigh 125lbs. when all in all before baby girl #4 was concieved I weighed 139ilbs. and I was happy with myself. I just feel so much bigger now when actually I am only 2 1/2 inches bigger around my waist & Hips, but everything is much softer now.:?: What to do.
I've been trying to get back to low carb again, but it isn't working, Maybe I'll give WW another try... My sister in law did portion control, ate a snickers bar everyday and lost over 40 pounds in 6 months.:mad:

Well ladies I have to get back to work.. Sorry for the ranting again, and 2beautiful thanks for your motivation...:DChristy

Robsia
02-11-2008, 09:58 AM
Just a quickie - well my wonderful daughter has slept for 4 hours (and has just woken up), so I did my ironing, had lunch, did my DVD without even having to take her to my mum's, AND had a shower.

Yes, you read right, I DID MY WORKOUT DVD - Woo!!

I actually did pretty well till I got to the bit where I had to do star jumps and realised that I peed myself a little every time I did them!! Yay for crappy pelvic floor muscles. So I had to substitute something else. But aside from that I did everything else except the ab exercises which I struggled with. But then at the height of my fitness I found those difficult so I'm not surprised.

So, overall, a good workout.

Will posts my stats later, Ruby's tummy is hungry.

tkglenn
02-11-2008, 10:13 AM
Yeah, I finally got past the 208 and now I'm down 10 pounds, I'm at 205. I was so happy when I saw the numbers on the scale. I didn't think I would make it down 10 pounds. Now my next goal is to make it down under the 200's and I know I can do it. I can do it probably within the next week or so. I know I can. thanks for all the suggestions. Yeah, I try to watch my intake and what I'm eating. I haven't been eating very much. It's really hard when I have 4 kids (5 with hubby), 2 dogs, and 5 puppies. I don't have the time to eat. I try to get a snack in but it's always on the go on the go on the go and can't stop. But I know I can overcome whatever obstacle i'm facing now.

racerwife07
02-11-2008, 11:54 AM
:carrot:Way to go tkglenn. WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!:carrot:

tkglenn
02-11-2008, 11:59 AM
I have a feeling I'll be stuck at the 205 for alittle bit so I think i'm gonna start snacking on grapefruit. I know that helps lose weight. gotta run. kids have doctors appointments. will catch up later.

Robsia
02-11-2008, 01:55 PM
Here are my stats for this week:

Week 10:
Current Weight: 169.3 lb

Lost this week: 1.8 lb
Lost so far: 20.7 lb (37.7 lb from pre-birth)

To lose to get to pre-pg (144): 25.3 lb
To lose to get to ultimate goal (135): 34.3 lb

Aquahaze
02-11-2008, 02:02 PM
Julie -- CONGRATS on such a productive day! I do want to comment on the ab work. If it's not a postnatal workout and DO NOT push yourself in this area, and check with your mid-wife. I push myself when I get into the grove, and that is what happened to me when I injured myself with inclined sit-ups. :-( I specifically went to a gym AND hired a personal trainer... and they pushed me more than I should have been pushed at the time (and I was 9 months post delivery). It took my body nearly a year to recover from the internal tear.

I just got back from the store and picked up a dedicated pair of workout sneakers. Not to be worn outside for walking, yardwork, anything... Solely for indoor aerobics, the elliptical and treadmill. I am so afraid of causing another stress fracture (if I haven't already done so).

Since I'm so new, my ticker doesn't show... but then again, I can't remember how to get to it to update. AF just ended... I've cut calories AND I've increased my exercises... so I am down 1.6 pounds since Wednesday. I would really like to get to 130 by the middle of April (I have 7.4 pounds to go). Then 125 from there. All very realistic if I don't injure myself again.

TK - congrats on breaking the plateau! :-)

racerwife07
02-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Ladies... My ranting is over, I have screwed my head back on straight and moving forward. I can't change what I did yesterday, but I can control what I do today. You all have helped so much by just posting your success this week.

Julie....Excellent job on the weight loss & getting your workout in...Your an inspiration to me.:carrot:

tk....Congrats on beating your scale this week!:carrot:

Aquahaze.. Girl 1.6 pounds since Wednesday, You have inspired me not to give up.:carrot:

Christy:hug:

InAGroove
02-11-2008, 02:51 PM
Hi everyone... I'm SO frustrated!!! I weighed on Sat and was down to 193 (YAY!!) And today it says 197. What the heck!? I have been ridiculously careful and worked out the past 5 days straight. I know it can be just a normal fluctuation, but isn't a 4 lb difference pretty hefty?! It just really has me down :(

Aquahaze
02-11-2008, 03:21 PM
I've had that happen to me too (the scale jumping). Since I weigh myself each morning and input it into the computer, it's nice to see how it spikes and readjusts. Usually, it's water retention, so it's a one day thing and *I* return to the previous day's measure the following morning.

InAGroove
02-11-2008, 03:38 PM
Thanks, aquahaze - hopefully that will be my case tomorrow...:?:

racerwife07
02-11-2008, 10:50 PM
Hey aquahaze...Do you find weighing yourself daily helps keep you on track?

Welcome, inagroove..I know how you feel, I let one day of overeating ruin my whole week of good behavior. I think I'll have to give up my cheat day for awhile or atleast until I get better control. Giving up soda for good.. No more weekend soda drinking for me.

Robsia
02-12-2008, 04:06 AM
tk - WTG on getting down to 205 - next stop onederland!!

Aquahaze - thanks for the advice on abs - didn't realise it could be dangerous. I will take it easyfor a while. Well done on your loss.

racer - great attitude!! You'll do fine I'm sure.

Inagroove - are they digital scales? Mine do that sometimes - but it's always three pounds. I just wait till they go off and then weigh myself again and they go back to normal. If that doesn't work it's probably just water as Aquahaze said.

I weigh myself daily too - I like to see the numbers go down. Yes, occasionally they do go up which is annoying but they always come down again.

bgbrwnys101
02-12-2008, 07:11 AM
hey everybody
my new job is not fun, but I did get a workout in last night and an=m headed out this am for one before work.
does anyone know the benefits of a steam bath?
aquahaze thats a good idea, I may start logging my weight everyday to see how the spikes and low go.
we had our break day this weekend at my house. dh is on atkins with me and we have been about 6 weeks now and sturday we had normal pizza!!!!back on the wagon now
great day all
t

tkglenn
02-12-2008, 01:56 PM
Yeah, that's my next goal----onederland. I can't wait. I'm down another pound today. I am getting so excited. I will take a picture of the scale when it reads 199 and will post for all to see.

2beautiful2Bfat
02-12-2008, 03:46 PM
Christy- glad I motivated you!! I totally understand the time thing I have3 little girls and am in school and I find it all very time consuming!! I mean making lunches takes me a good 45 min!
I'm also doing a kind of low carb portion control thing and I eat a chocolate a day but nothing like a snickers. Just plain milk chocolate with peanut butter usually.

What type of work do you do? Could you arrange soem type of workout program over your lunch hour?

Julie: Awesome job on the workout!!

TK amazing breaking through the plateau!! Does grapefruit really work? What about tangelos? i just bought a whoel box of them!!

Inagroove: How did the weigh in go today?

tkglenn
02-12-2008, 07:40 PM
tangeloes, I don't know. I know that grapefruit has a chemical in it that helps lose weight. I eat it all the time and yes, it does help. Not like a dramatic difference but it does help. I think it helps with the metabolism or something like that. I've learned to love grapefruit. I've heard that the bitter fruits are the ones that help to lose the weight. The sweeter ones are the ones that have the fattier sugars in them.

2beautiful2Bfat
02-13-2008, 07:13 AM
well tangelos are a cross between grapefruit and mandarins and they are tart. I guess I"ll eat them and see what happens!!

tkglenn
02-13-2008, 07:36 AM
I think I was once told that the bitter fruits are the ones that help lose weight. They don't have the sugars in it that cause you to gain the weight. Try looking it up online or something or maybe there's a thread around here somewhere explaining the fruits that'll help lose the weight. I've never had a tangelo before but my bf(best friend) loves them.

racerwife07
02-13-2008, 07:42 AM
hey 2beautiful... for the moment I am a child care provider, so I don't get a lunch break, but if I can make it another two years I am going to get on with the county schools, but I have to wait until baby girl goes to school. I am thinking about a piece of exercise equipment. I had a treadmill; it was to boring for me, maybe an exercise bike or something (I liked riding a bike when I was young).... I am trying a low carb, portio control thing too. I also started weighing in each morning.. down another pound this morning.
Thanks for the advice.............Christy

tkglenn
02-13-2008, 08:58 AM
2beautiful-have you tried the recipe yet? it's alot of work to make it but so much fun to work with. you try different flavorings. and if you use the candy flavorings for it, you use very little as the flavoring is very very strong.

2beautiful2Bfat
02-14-2008, 07:57 AM
TK- I will do some research on the tangelos when i have soem spare time! I am so busy these days! I also haven't made the fondant. Hopefully in macrh I will but I"m not sure. I have 3 major event sin march to bake for etc. So I have to see how my time goes.

Chrsty- Do you take care of the kids in yoru home? Do they nap at all?

Robsia
02-14-2008, 08:29 AM
Good morning ladies!!

Well, my baby had an appointment yesterday to have her first injections so I decided to be all energetic and walk there with her in the sling. It's about 1.5 miles and took me about half an hour but when I got there my feet were absolutely killing me, so after it was all over I got the bus back.

But when I looked at my feet I had these weird callous things on the balls of my feet, but there was blood under the skin. So it looks like a cross between a callous and a blood blister on both feet - well over a cm in diameter!

So I have no idea what I did to my feet - I've walked farther distances than that with no trouble at all.

But they're really sore. I can walk about the house but I can't do my DVD as that calls for jumping and hopping and jogging etc.

Aquahaze
02-14-2008, 08:48 AM
Sorry Robsia that your feet are the cause of delay. I think our bodies cause themselves injury just when we get in the grove of things. :-P Glad you are in an area where you *can* get a bus home!

Weighing in daily... is it a good thing? I don't know... it's interesting to see how my body reacts to things. I decided that snow shoveling causes quick muscle growth... as I've gained 1/2 pound each day I've done it! I need to take a tape measure and watch that instead of simply looking at the scale.

I've been using my elliptical every day since the start of Lent for at least 1/2 mile... I try to do 1/2 mile in the morning and 1/2 mile in the evening, plus 1/2 mile on the treadmill... but with the kids off for snow for two days I didn't get the entire amount in... but I did shovel snow and walk a mile each day.

Focus on the goal... not the fresh baked chocolate chip cookies!! :-D

2beautiful2Bfat
02-15-2008, 05:01 AM
julie- I'm sorry about your feet!! What kind of shoes were you wearing?

Robsia
02-16-2008, 04:57 AM
I was wearing my boots which had fit like foot gloves until then. But I'd never walked any distance in them.

Anyway, they're getting better now. They still look bad, but don't hurt any more.

So, I will be doing my DVD again on Monday.

How is everyone else doing?

bgbrwnys101
02-17-2008, 08:34 AM
Sorry about your feet, did you do an epsom salt soak? It will work wonders!!!
Tara

2beautiful2Bfat
02-17-2008, 09:28 AM
okay I have a TOM question. TOM arrived today and my weight also went up...is this normal? Does weight go up when TOM arrives or a few days b4 or is everyone diferent?

FitMomEB
02-17-2008, 09:53 AM
Hello ladies! Is there room for one more?

My name is Elisa and I'm also working on getting my sexy back! Baby #2 is now 21 months old so it's more toddler weight than baby weight :o and unfortunately there's a lot of it! But DH promised me a shopping spree once I hit my goal weight and now that we live in NY that's a very strong motivation ;) So I created a shopping-inspired ticker to remind me of the reward :D

I'm a firm believer in regular detox for health and weight loss purposes, and I find it gets me back on track - so I'm starting the 11-day Fast Track Detox today. I've done it before and had great results. I also believe in exercise as a vital tool for weight loss, together with good nutrition (I prefer not to use the word diet), so I will also be exercising a bit during the next 11 days, mainly rebounding, yoga and walking.

It's so great to find a support group where I feel I can fit in! Thank you Robsia for creating this thread!

bgbrwnys101
02-17-2008, 12:05 PM
fitmom
what is the 11 day detox thing?
tara

Robsia
02-17-2008, 06:14 PM
Tara - no I didn't know about the Epsom salt bath. They're all better now, but I'll remember if it happens again.

2b2 - it's been a year since I had TOM, but IIRC I pretty much ignored any weight around that time as it was always up a bit. The beauty was as soon as it stopped I dropped 2 or 3 pounds overnight!!

Elisa - welcome to the group!! Your top weight is only 2 pounds higher than my top weight, and your goal weight is only a pound less than my all-time low!! I went from 213 to 144 in 2006/7. Took me about 14 months, and the last ten pounds was the killer. I think it took about 4 months to lose that last bit - although that was over Christmas which didn't help.

I've been really good this week and I think I've lost 3 pounds!! But I'll post my official stats tomorrow.

My older daughter is on holiday from school this coming week so if the weather is decent we might try to go out for some walks with the baby. I'm not sure I'll get a free hour to do my DVD with Bethany being home all week, but you never know. I'll try. An hour's brisk walk is as good as an hour's workout.

2beautiful2Bfat
02-17-2008, 07:03 PM
:welcome: fitmom!

Well I hope this extra weight will be gone by next week!!

57debspell
02-17-2008, 09:44 PM
Hello There - I too want my sexy back! It's been over 23 years since I gave birth to my daughter and still haven't lost the "baby gain!" I started Jenny Craig last week but I really need motivation to keep me going. I live in southern Ca - teach first grade - and want to keep up with them.
Thanks so much!!!

FitMomEB
02-18-2008, 12:18 AM
Thank you for th welcome ladies!

Tara -
the 11-day detox I mentioned is from Ann Louise Gittleman's book "The Fast Track Detox Diet". Her Fat Flush Plan is the best plan ever IMO it was the only way I ever managed to lose a considerable amount of weight in the past; the Fast Track is a bit easier to follow so I picked that this time.

Robsia -
It's nice to hear from someone who has done it! It can get a bit overwhelming at times when I look at how much I still need to lose! So you have another daughter too? How old is she? Sarah was almost 7 when Stella was born, now they are 8 and 21 months, respectively.

Ok, I should probably got to bed soon or I'll get hungry again :D

Robsia
02-18-2008, 06:26 AM
Week 11:
Current Weight: 166.4 lb

Lost this week: 2.9 lb
Lost so far: 23.6 lb (40.6 lb from pre-birth)

To lose to get to pre-pg (144): 22.4 lb
To lose to get to ultimate goal (135): 31.4 lb

I've done pretty well this week - it did end up being a shade off 3 lbs. Just think, if I'd only put on 40 lbs during my pregnancy, I would be there by now!!

deb - welcome!! LOL about taking 23 years to lose the baby weight. Not sure you can still get away with blaming it on baby though ;)

Elisa - another spooky parallel - my older daughter is also almost 7! I found the best way to lose that much weight was to break it down into mini goals of 10-15 pounds each. Like so much by Valentine's day was the first, then Easter, then my summer vacation, then back to school in September etc. Before you know it you're halfway there, and that's a huge boost.

Aquahaze
02-18-2008, 07:22 AM
I am SO frustrated. Watch the scale... I found my downfall -- MILK. I love chocolate milk. Anyhow, after a nice dip of success last week... ignore it, it's gone and found friends. :-(

SW - 139
Last week - 137.5
CW - 139.8 ?!?
GW - 125

I will be back to post more later, have to get my oldest up for school.

Welcome to all the newcomers!

2beautiful2Bfat
02-18-2008, 07:53 AM
:welcome Deb: !!!

Elisa and Julia I also have a 7 yr old!! but I have another daughter (4) in between her and my baby.

okay TOM is still here Day 2 and weigh is still up what should I sdo? I need advice fast!!

Robsia
02-18-2008, 08:37 AM
Aquahaze - oh yes chocolate milk is SO nice, but SO bad. My daughter loves the stuff and I have to limit her intake or she'd drink pints of it daily.

I allow myself the occasional gulp but that's all.

If you want to keep track of your calories, I've found www.nutridiary.com to be very good.

2b2 - I really would ignore any weights this week, and drink plenty of water. The scale lies at TOM!! TOM coming back is not something I'm looking forward to, but as I intend to breastfeed exclusively for the next 3 months, I should have a reprieve until then hopefully.

Aquahaze
02-18-2008, 12:30 PM
Robsia -- I KNOW milk is bad. :-P Actually, I have been getting my milk from a local creamery and they now have home delivery. I have to change my order from whole cream-line to 1-1/2%. I haven't had chocolate mix in the house since December, but I made a decision to get it as a treat for the kids. Now that its in the house and I can actually SEE the scale change, I know I have to avoid it. :-( I've already cut out most ice cream (I used to have a bowl a night) down to one bowl a month.

I have tried to get onto nutridiary, but it keeps timing out... so I am continuing to use caloriecount . about . com. I think you recommended that alternative last year. I am glad I hadn't been tracking for long since everything I put in didn't transfer to the updated version. It's a new week and I am starting tracking again.

Robsia
02-19-2008, 04:24 AM
Hmm - that's odd. I've been using nutridiary for years and never had any problems with it.

bgbrwnys101
02-19-2008, 07:07 AM
2b2 ignore the scale, sometimes I actually have to remove it fromt he bathroom until TOM is gone!!!!!
I have to confess, chocolate milk is one of the few things I really miss on Atkins, especially when I get it for my 2yr old. That is usually when shopping, I will buy him a small one, or when he gets mcdonalds, or chickendonalds as he calls it!!!!
tara
P.S. you may notice my ticker moved...2 lbs gone:carrot::carrot:

2beautiful2Bfat
02-19-2008, 07:34 AM
Julia- I got TOM for the first time a week into my diet!!! I really think it was the diet because nothing else changed in my life. I was still nursing (am still nursing) my baby has been eating solids for a good 4 months so...

T- :bravo: 2 lbs is amazing!!

Okay can someone please tell me after TOM goes away will I lose the TOM weight plus my regular 2-3 lbs a week loss? Meaning one morning I will weigh myself and be down like 4 lbs? seems hard to believe but if not that means every month I lose for 3 weeks and gain/maintain for 1? I can't take this!! :fr:

Robsia
02-19-2008, 09:35 AM
2b2 - it should do! I seem to remember I would suddenly drop 3 lbs seemingly overnight after TOM was over. It's water weight. You could try taking some water tablets.

tkglenn
02-19-2008, 09:53 AM
debspell-where in cali do you live? I used to live in Seal Beach. I absolutely loved it there. Miss Cali like crazy though. Totally wish we could move back.

I didn't do so good this weekend. I think i've gained about 5 pounds back. And yesterday I guess all the bad foods caught up to me, I had a sore stomach all day and spent most of the day in the bathroom. TMI--sorry.
I'm staying away from the scale for a few days until I can get back on track. My dad won't be here for a couple of weeks so that'll help me.

2beautiful2Bfat
02-19-2008, 11:09 AM
TK sorry to hear you had a bad weekend but I doubt you truly gained 5 lbs!!

2beautiful2Bfat
02-19-2008, 11:09 AM
Julia can you take the water pills when nursing?

tkglenn
02-19-2008, 11:13 AM
I weighed myself this morning and I did gain 5 pounds. What the heck?

Robsia
02-20-2008, 07:03 AM
2b2 - I took some called Aquaban when I first had my baby as my ankles were still puffed up like water balloons - those you could take while nursing, but there were other types that you couldn't. I think you just have to check the label.

Not sure if you can get them over there though.

http://www.aquaban.co.uk/

2beautiful2Bfat
02-20-2008, 07:52 AM
TK maybe it is water weight?

Julia I am going to go to the pharmacy today I noticed 2 types but will ask the pharmacist about nursing.

Robsia
02-20-2008, 08:12 AM
Yay - I met my first mini goal which was to 166. I was 166.2 yesterday and 165.3 this morning - nearly a pound overnight!!

So, in English weights I am now 11 stone 12 lb (there are 14 lb in a stone) - so my next mini goal is to 11 stone (154 lb). If I lose 1.25 pounds a week I should hit that by the end of April. I have been losing between 1.5 and 2.5 pounds a week, even almost 3 pounds one week, so I should hit that easily, but it might slow down a bit so I am being conservative in my goals.

Then there will only be 10 lb to go till my pre-pg weight - yay!!

I love mini goals - they make the whole thing seem more achievable.

2beautiful2Bfat
02-20-2008, 02:51 PM
julia I went to the website and it says you shouldn't take it if you are pregnant or nursing!!

2beautiful2Bfat
02-21-2008, 06:58 AM
Well just when i was about to give up...I weighed myself a few minutes ago despite still feeling bloated...TOM weight is gone and and down a pound from last week. Tomorrow is my official weigh in so I am hoping to lose another pound!!

I can't beleive it. I secretly was wondering if I had eaten too much over the weekend!!

bgbrwnys101
02-21-2008, 08:13 AM
Due to the really bad head congestion yesterday and the fever I skipped the treadmill, did the sauna and the pool and this am am down to 212.1 :carrot:
Today I have a sore throat and a fever and a very runny nose, will try the treadmill, only 9 days to my 207 goal date!!!
tara

tkglenn
02-21-2008, 08:45 AM
I think the reason why I'm gaining weight and eating so much is because it's almost TOM. Yuck!!!! I always get like this and I don't know how to overcome it when the time comes. I used to do really good when I was in California on Lindora's Lean For Life but for some reason I can't get the mental state of mind. We went to a buffet last night and I probably gained 100 pounds just from that. I didn't eat much, it was just what I ate was terrible. I've been eating so bad for the past week.

2beautiful2Bfat
02-21-2008, 10:35 AM
T- feel better soon!!! Very nice loss!!

TK- yesterday was crazy for me I literally ate everything in sight but I made up a deal with myself that I wouldn't eat anything over 100 cals. It was a bit crazy but it kept me on track and I was under 1200 cals for the day so maybe you could try that.

racerwife07
02-21-2008, 03:54 PM
WELCOME NEW COMERS!!

I'm glad to see everyone is doing good overall. Sorry I haven't posted in over a week; I have been so busy. I am going to try and get back into my daily check in with you guys. You all are so motivating!!

Julie... congrats on the weight loss!! :)

Check out my ticker! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot: WOOHOO

Anyone on myspace?

FitMomEB
02-21-2008, 09:58 PM
Hello ladies,

I'm sorry I've been MIA, but I caught the flu... again! Each time a different one, it seems. I don't usually get sick much but this past year there has been a lot of stress and very little sleep for me... and I'm pretty sure that's the problem.

As soon as I'm over this, I promise I'll post more.

2beautiful2Bfat
02-22-2008, 07:48 AM
Feel better fitmom!

Robsia
02-23-2008, 05:47 AM
2b2 - the packaging says you can't take the hebal one while pg or bf, but the normal one is OK. Ah well, your water weight is gone now (woo-hoo!) so it's all good.

tara - you shouldn't exercise when you're feeling ill - you'll mke yourself worse. Look after yourself!

racer - I KWYM about being busy. Even though I'm on maternity leave, I seem to find a million projects to be doing, and I still don't get everything done that I want to. I'm not on myspace but I am on facebook if anyone else is.

Elisa - poor you! We seem to have a lot of sickies this week. I'm lucky, I get ill once in a blue moon! I can't remember the last time I had a cold.

Well, I've been trying to get my baby to sleep in her own room, with mixed success. if she sleeps by herself we both get a better night's sleep overall. But if she wakes up and finds herslef in her cot, she complains loudly, whereas if she wakes up and she's in my bed, she just talks to herself.

Still, it will come.

She loves watching TV (LOL - I know - bad mommy!) - but it fascinates her.

I've had my other daughter home all week this week - she was off school for half term, but she's back on Monday thank goodness. Not that I don't like haing her at home but she wants entertaining and complains if her friends aren't in for her to play with.

bgbrwnys101
02-24-2008, 11:05 AM
Hey ladies!!!
I found myself in the er Friday am with sinus infection and bronchitis, mixed with my asthma and it has been a long couple of days!!!
Feeling a bit better today, though am still taking the percocet for pain!!!
Stayed on track, and didnt lose or gain, so that is good.
Tara

2beautiful2Bfat
02-24-2008, 05:08 PM
T how are you feeling?

I am pretty down and out. Thursday I weighed in at 200 and assumed the water was gone and I had lost a pound but then friday I was 204!!!!! And today I am 202. What is going on? Someone please help me because I am seriously getting depressed about this!!

Robsia
02-25-2008, 04:40 PM
Week 12:
Current Weight: 162.9 lb

Lost this week: 3.5 lb
Lost so far: 27.1 lb (44.1 lb from pre-birth)

To lose to get to pre-pg (144): 18.9 lb
To lose to get to ultimate goal (135): 27.9 lb

Don't know how I lost 3.5 lb this week! I did nothing different. I can only conclude that as Ruby gets bigger she's eating more so it takes my body more calories to feed her.

Anyhow, I ain't complaining!!

B2b - we know the scales lie! If weighing daily is bringing up these sorts of figures, maybe you should go back to weighing weekly.

I know I feel great when I see it go down every day - but let it go up one day and I have to give myself a stern talking to to stop feeling down.

Aquahaze
02-26-2008, 07:43 AM
Sorry I haven't been on in a week... I am literally getting lost trying to find our group. I have a bookmark for February, but you will probably never see me if we update to March this weekend. (not kidding, I cannot figure out how to find our group on the Fat Chicks website). I also need help navigating the update of information. What link is it that I can use to change my ticker (not that it APPEARS yet since I haven't been here long enough). :-D

Anyhow. TK -- THANK YOU for the recipe... the cake didn't win a prize (because they didn't make an entry for any category), but we received tons of compliments for being brave enough for fondant... my dh and son made the ocean with a volcanic island. :-P The recipe has been shared at church as well.

I haven't read the posts thoroughly, but I will when I return from my bible study class this morning.

I don't know what happened last week (sort of like I skimmed was happening to many of us)... I just stepped off the scale and am at 136.6 from an original 139 at the start of the year.

2beautiful2Bfat
02-26-2008, 09:43 AM
Julia I have to weigh in every day or i will get off track and eat liek a crazy person and gain all the weight back. Anyways thank god today I am back to 200 I think I was retaining so I did a leek detox yeserday and it really helped. I"m going to try to continue it today.

Julia you had a dynamite loss this week!! 3.5 is excellent!! WTG!!

Aqua- I can't find any groups so I subsrcibe and get a daily diget every day of all my current threads and challenges then I haev the lnk in my email and I come on. Try that it does fill up your inbox but at least you stay in touch!!

fantastic loss!!

Well I'm getting my purse which was my reward for hitting 200 I'm so excited. except it is not sold in my city so I either have to drive out of town or se if I can get someone to ship it to me.

Robsia
02-28-2008, 02:37 PM
Aqua - if you are using the 3FC tickers you can change those in your sig without having to click on a link.

Well, where did everyone go?

I have had a bad week - I've had toothache since Sunday, so I haven't eaten much as it hurts, and yet I have lost nothing. In fact on Monday it went up to 164 and has stayed there!!

But I'm just carrying on being good and I know it'll come off in the end!

ETA: Woo - just noticed you hit ONEDERLAND yesterday b2b!!! WTG!!!!!

2beautiful2Bfat
02-29-2008, 07:26 AM
Hi Julia
I wonder where everyone is too!!
Anyways I was sick yesterday. I took a laxative on the direction fo the pharmacist, He said it woudkl help with the bloating but oh dear I am in big trouble!! I was in so much pain last night DH wanted to take me to emerg.

Sorry to hear about your toothache!! Is it better? Have you been drinking your water?

It feels great to be in onderland!! I feel so normal now!!

bgbrwnys101
03-01-2008, 07:59 AM
Hey all, I have been sick and stressed from work. But I am here and didnot make my goal, hard to work out when you have bronchitis and asthma!!!!
Anyway new goal march 17 207.
Great job you all!!!!
Tara

2beautiful2Bfat
03-03-2008, 03:27 PM
Tara I hope you are feeling better!! Come join the St. Patty's day challenge (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134520&page=4)!! Since your goal is that day anyways!!

I was in the hospital the past few days but am much better now! Is there a new thread somewhere?

bgbrwnys101
03-04-2008, 07:09 AM
I waws sick with stomache flu yesterday and imagine my surprise when I stepped on the scale this am...210.7
2b2 I dont know if there is another thread, I only post here and on our other board, but I will check out the st pattys day one...
Tara

Robsia
03-08-2008, 06:29 PM
I have been away for a few days so am only just back. I will start a new thread and post the link on here.

Robsia
03-08-2008, 06:36 PM
OK - here's our new thread:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2090929