Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2002, 11:41 PM   #1  
Member w/ messiest house

Thumbs down Birthday Cowette

It's 11:31 in Kiwi-ville and the girls are loud!!

There are 7 of them, although if you listened in here, you would swear it was at least an auditorium full of teenboppers. They drift from room to room, watching DD's new DVD on the computer (I got her an Incubus video, very cool -- rock videos), retreating up to her room where the stereo is blasting, piling all over the couch in the living room to watch figure skating, foraging for more food (even I have had enough!)

At 10 PM, while I was defending my chair in the LR and attempting to get the dog to find a place to lie down other than under 4 girls' feet, one of them noticed what time it was as she was braiding cornrows into another's hair and cried "we have to go home in 14 hours!"

Bruce Guthro is tres cute, Bagzie. Haven't decided about the music yet, only heard a snippet and it sounded mighty country to me....

Kiwi
Old 02-10-2002, 09:04 PM   #2  
cow with the double chin

Wink Aren't slumber parties fun?

It can be a little loud, but I still love having a house full of kids on the weekend. When she gets older, you will be begging her to have kids over. LOL That way you know exactly where they are!

So...Wabby, how was the garden show?

Cherry, find any significant research yet?

S.Plum, when do you start teaching that class you volunteered for?

Who is this Bruce Guthro? Will have to see if I can find him somewhere. I have NO problem with country.....hrmpphhh!

My fellow herd members, I am both excited and sad tonite. Tomorrow ends my day of being SAHM. And punkin is still very sick. We were in urgent care today with bilateral ear infections. Add 2 more medications to the list! Yikes!! Plus, I am going to miss our time together.

It won't be dramatic w/DS as he is looking for after school work. The smart little guy actually applied over the internet to Chuck E. Cheese (much to the delight of his sis!) and a couple of other places this weekend.

All plans for the weekend were canceled due to the fact that we are all sick, but it was wonderful having the house for just my little family this weekend.

xSO wanted to come over and I vetoed that right away!! Pllllleeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssseeeeeeeee, I wanted a relaxing weekend!!! LOL

Have a good week bovines!
Old 02-11-2002, 02:04 AM   #3  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Good luck on the job, girl!

I can sympathize, so hard to leave the little one and toddle off to your very own grown up job, but everyone will adjust well, I hope and you'll enjoy it! (Who am I talking, haven't had a full time job for 16 years! )

Yes, the slumber party was fun, the girls have grown up so much, it's quite amazing. Of course, still shrieking and giggling, but capable of rationality too... Some of their parents I'm not so sure of.

Go look at my last post in the previous thread, Muffie, I put the link to Bruce Guthro in it. At least that's where I think I put it.

You should see my kitchen table. Totally cleared off. Unbelievable. DH says "let's hurry up and invite people over while we can still see it!"

Kiwi
Old 02-11-2002, 03:45 AM   #4  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default Pop Album of the Year!!

Just goes to show you what hicks live here downt' the Maritimes!!!!actually,Kiwi,I can understand your assessment,if you mean the New Country which is leaning more toward Pop=====the thing about Bruce is=== he is so cute and FUNNY in concert and I love his voice====did you watch the clip where his five year old starts the song out for him with his own guitar---the little guy sure can play!!!!It is 4:39 am----I am totally wide awake----I fell asleep last night at 10-----Bad move-----I never sleep through the night as it is=====tell me-----is anyone else enjoying this Freakin PERI=MEN-o pause???????????shich reminds me----how about this one-----* MEN tal illness
* MEN strual cramps
* MEN tal breakdown
* MEN opause
* GUY necologist......................
* and when we have real trouble, it's a
* HIS terectomy.
* Ever notice how all of women's problems start with men?
kinda liked that one!!!!well,I guess I had better search around for some weirdos to talk to on the internet-----JUST KIDDING!!!!!
GOOD NITE TUBBERS
Old 02-11-2002, 12:59 PM   #5  

Default Back to the grind

Wow, that was a short weekend! The garden show was wonderful, our hotel was wonderful, the restaurants we dined in were wonderful, and so was the train trip. All wonderful. We had fun, fun, fun. I was glad to get home, though. My sister and her friend are 9 yrs younger than me and my friend and they wore us out. Did you know Seattle is all hills? Straight up and down hills?

Kiwi, it sounds like you had a wild weekend too! I've lived through lots of those slumber parties. Before you know it, all that will be behind you and you will look back on it nostalgically. Some day. In the future.

Bagzie, you're too funny! I knew those men were behind all our problems.

I have decided that I am no longer going to have a problem with food. I need to come up with a new personal defect to replace my food obsession. Any suggestions?

I was so pumped up from the garden show that I worked in my yard when I got home on Sunday. I overdid it, of course, and I'm in serious pain today. But the rose bed looks lovely, the tulips are up, crocuses are blooming and so is one very early rhody.

Good luck with the new job, Muffie, sorry the lil' punkin is sick. It makes the first day even more stressful. As if first days aren't stressful enough already.
Old 02-11-2002, 06:35 PM   #6  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default THE BIGGER THE SNACKS THE BIGGER THE SLACKS

I read that today and it reminded me of alll YOU. Not me. My slacks fit fine (in the knees).

Kiwi, the ds is going to Davidson. Sounds so pretty. I want to go too.

That's all I have to say. We're having beet soup (ds's recipe from one of his elf books) for dinner. Yummmmm. Really.

Buh bye. Gotta go stir the beets.
Old 02-12-2002, 02:15 AM   #7  
fatter than U

Talking PANCAKE TUESDAY!!!!!

Like every year, this is the day before Ash Wednesday. We all need to eat pancakes. Don't ask me why. I don't make the rules. Please make sure you use real maple syrup or it doesn't count. So, what are we all giving up for Lent this year?

PEEEEEEEECHES! You posted! I am thrilled. Beet soup sounds divine. Tell us about you and Herbie and ds and your wonderful lives.

Doesn't look like the English thing is going anywhere, Muffers. Gossip travels at the speed of light around here and someone told me that someone else (one of the usual suspects, I'm sure, but I couldn't find out who) made some snide remark along the lines of : "What? Her teach English? She's Canadian. That's not REAL English!!" What a bunch of boneheads, eh, Bagzie? If that's the way it is, they can just stuff it, right?

Mooooove your butts today, cows!

Old 02-12-2002, 09:54 AM   #8  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Sheesh

Just when I was getting ready to call up the Mealie Wheelie place and tell them I wasn't coming in anymore, they called me to see if I could fill in for someone today. Okayyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Hi Peachie-----Davidson IS beautiful. And full of the very best people, too. (Like my parents and my sister) It's a very traditional college-looking town. Leafy. Are you driving him up there?

Sugar, they're simply rotten. Here's what I think you should do: Tell them you've translated your lesson plans into the Queen's English and give them this--click here.

Later, folks
Kiwi
Old 02-12-2002, 12:20 PM   #9  

Default Harumph!!

Don't they know that Canadians speak the best English? The Brits are the ones with the accents that the rest of us can't understand!! Of course the cutest accent is the one in the southern US, right Peachers? You just can't beat that sweet southern drawl.

Kiwi, why are you discontinuing the wheely meelie? You know all those old folks love you.

I've reached a new current high weight, Cowsies. I wonder if the weekend with the girls had anything to do with it. I've reached the 160 mark. Just a couple of weeks ago I was slim and svelte at the same weight as our petite little Sugar P. That will teach me to go have fun. I always have to pay with tight jeans.
Old 02-12-2002, 06:22 PM   #10  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default leafy? as in lettuce?

Darling Herbie let me talk him into going up to pick up ds. DS will fly up nonstop and Herbie and I will fly a few days before the session is over and we'll all fly back together.

You know we have a Canadian in our office and I'm not so crazy about her misuse of the English language. She can't spell any Mexican food words; she mis pronounces guru (an important English word); and, in general, she is very suspicious. Someone brought in a cake today and I thought it was it Canadian's birthday. So I asked. In reply I got: "Why? Why did you think it was my birthday???? Why did you ask that?" Sugar may not be like that but Bagz is. Very suspicous.

My editor (a good one) is in the hospital. He had a pain in his tummy and they found gangrene in his intestines. Never heard of such a thing. Owie. He's so nice EXCEPT he told this crazy old goon that I'd come to his house to get his complaints on a local business. I went, drove into his driveway and found my car surrounded by dogs with heads as big as ovens. I honked the horn but no one came out.

The old goon called today to see why I didn't show up. He looked for me on the wrong day anyway. No one goon visits.

That's it. Bye.
Old 02-12-2002, 10:03 PM   #11  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default sugar

Can you translate this for ds:

Patrynierna har tillfångatagit Zifnab och Samah i Abarrach, och Lord Xar försöker utan större framgång förhöra den förre av dem.

Thanks. Your English is perfect by the way.
Old 02-12-2002, 10:55 PM   #12  
cow with the double chin

Default Oh my...........

Went shopping tonite. I bought two pairs of cords and two blouses. A pack of nylon knee highs (yuck!) and a camisole. I was at the J.C. Penny clearance racks, my favorite place. I only spent 63 bucks and saved 84.93!!!! You would think that would make me happy! But noooooooooooooo , not when I had to buy size 22 pants!!! I went up another darn size.

Work is going very well, and yes kiwi...she is working my arse off!! I am on the 3rd floor and everyone looks at me strange when I get in the elevator!!! Looks like I will start taking the stairs. I'm up and down them at a few times during the day, so it will be good exercise. I hate that word.

Sug, some people!

Wabby, glad you enjoyed your garden show.

Peaches, I love soup. Never had beet soup. Care to share the recipe?

Later Gaters! ( i know the blushing smiley makes no sense, but punkin picked it out)
Old 02-12-2002, 11:05 PM   #13  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default It's about FREAKERIN time!!!

Well,Peachballs,glad to see you are BACK AND BAGGIN-- full of vim and vigour---and VITRIOL{probably spelled Canadian}---how do you say GURU---I say GOO-ROO-------I am watching figure skating although I am still mad at what happened last night with Sale and Pelletier----I saw their program and it was GORGEOUS======Sugar,you know the Germans are still mad at us cause we found out the girls were on steroids=====SSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOO hhudda on them,they can stuff their job!!!!no offence to you Yanks ,but they would probably been just as disparaging aabout Peaches teaching Esperanto.Gotta go===Elvis the Brillo Pad is up next====GLAD YER BACK YA DARK AND MENOPAUSAL GREEN SHOE LOSER!!!!
Old 02-13-2002, 01:59 AM   #14  
fatter than U

Unhappy dogs with heads as big as ovens?????

That sounds even worse than gators!

Peachy doll - that's Swedish and my Swedish is just a little rusty (as in non-existant). The best I could do was this, but I don't think it will help because it's not translated there either.

http://home.swipnet.se/tarvalon/citat/xar_zifnab.htm

On Thursday I'm going to the doc and make him give me some new meds so I can stop feeling like cr*p. I may have to twist his arm, but I can do it, right?

Off to eat a buritoe with sallsa.

I thought Kiwi lost the green shoe.
Old 02-13-2002, 02:02 AM   #15  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Re: sugar

Quote:
Originally posted by Darling_Peaches
Can you translate this for ds:

Patrynierna har tillfångatagit Zifnab och Samah i Abarrach, och Lord Xar försöker utan större framgång förhöra den förre av dem.
Good luck. I think that's Swedish.

Here, I'll translate it for you:

Father has broken into the till at the JiffyMart over on Summer Street and Abbot Road, and his gang leader ratted him out to the police when he found him behind another store with the gang leader's women. There were four of them.

Good?

I totally agree with you, Bagz, the Canadian pair was robbed! They were so good. Stoyko was pretty good tonight too, except for messing up at the beginning.

OOh! When are you and Herbie going to be in Davidson? I'm going south late in July (the annual family week at the beach)

Yeah, I know, Wab, the old folks love me. I drove a route today. Couldn't find one old lady, so I ate her dinner That really sounds bad, doesn't it? Her house was locked, no one home, the phone disconnected/ plus you can't bring the food back to the kitchen, so I took it home.

Actually I think it's going to work out that they will call me if they need me. Which is fine, I'm entirely willing to show up whenever, but I don't enjoy going there and hanging around looking conspicuous while they find me something to do. I think I was becoming a mascot or something.

Here's an odd fact: 2 of the men who deliver meals are known by their nicknames, Shorty and Runt. They are not related.

Must go to bed. I think I'm coming down with something fluish.

Kiwi
Closed Thread