General Diet Plans and Questions - ALLI!!!!! February thread!!

View Full Version : ALLI!!!!! February thread!!

Tammy
02-02-2008, 09:36 PM
Hello to all Alli users!!! Come here and post about your thoughts and concerns about Alli, and anything else you'd like to chat about!!

Hope everyone finds this thread!! :dizzy:

Bionic Beach Babe
02-03-2008, 02:33 PM
Hi Tammy: :hug: Thankyou for the new thread ! Read your post and also posted directions on how to find it easy each time...Thank you for starting the new post...Lots of people clicking on the site....Must be a lot of people on Alli or thinking about it.:D

You never answered, how warm is it there in GA? :cool: How I envy you if it is nice and warm...still cold and wet in N. CA...

Sis: We have falling in love with Sweet Pea, even if she is 735 miles north of us...Yes, please go and hold her in 2 weeks, when her eyes are opened...Boy I envy people today:p...Tammy if she is getting warm by sunshine and now you getting to go see Sweet Pea in 2 weeks...

Sharon: I am so sorry about your mama...You are a very good daughter and will never have regrets over helping her...God is watching over you all and always will be right by your side, leading you all the way in her care. :)

Sis and I lost our mama and father within 1 year of each other. :( It was very hard losing them both like that. Dad was in a rest home...but mama died at home..my darling sisters came the last 3-4 months of her life to help..which was a lifesaver...I would not have finished college with out them...Mama held on until two days after my graduation...She knew I would not have finished if she had left before. I remember sitting down the day after graduation and talking with my mom...I thanked her for all her love, and support in my schooling and that every thing was going to be fine now...and told her it was OK to let go...What a mama...A real trooper till the end. Believe it or now, her last request was for a Cig...Too weak to really enjoy it but still she was going out with that Cig....I still miss my parents even after 25 years.:blah:

Sis: I miss you so much...sitting here with tears, thinking about how much I miss sis, Barb...(she was our generation and suppose to grow old with us).
I better quit this and get on with business at hand. :comp: Love Ya so much !

Shy: and the rest of you...where are you??? how is every thing?

Tomorrow is weigh in day...watch the salt today!!! best to you all.:grouphug:

Going out for a walk with my Skiwalkers to clear my heard and yes get the exercise...:running::dust:

I know with out a doubt, I will see mama again some day!!!!

Tammy
02-03-2008, 04:55 PM
Right now it is about 65 on the coast. It was a bit warmer when we went into town earlier. I lost my parents close together too. My mom passed away in December of 1997, and my dad in August of 1998. Hubby's parents passed away within 4 months of each other. It was hard on us, but even harder on our son losing both sets of grandparents before he was 10 years old.

We hit Wal Mart after church. Now the cupboards aren't bare. Now we can actually eat here instead of trying to decide where to go. Not that I really minded eating out, but this way my choices will be healthier.

Bought a case of bottled water. When we do our little day trips, we'll throw some in the cooler with ice to take along.

Hope everyone finds this thread!!

Bionic Beach Babe
02-04-2008, 11:00 AM
Good Morning Everyone...Sure hope Alli group finds us here.
I am very happy to report my weight loss this Monday morning is 4 lbs...Making a total for Jan. 12 lb...I hope it keeps up...

Tam: Thanks for writing about your parents...I bet your boy does miss having his grandparents around...so sorry...
You are lucky to have a Walmart around...I wish we had one. I don't care what some people say about Walmart, I love to shop there....

I was so tempted yesterday to just go buy my favorite Ice Cream Bar. I think what drove me to this thought was My four darling daughters (who are my best friends) all went to Disney World. I miss them so much...They are all married and we are blessed to have them all still live in our area...OH< yes, they say I am their best friend too!!!

Today Hubby and I start baby sitting the 2 youngest grandsons...ages 3 and 5...The 5 year old is pretty good but the 3 year old, you can't take an eye off him!!!! Yes, I realize he is only 3...will keep you informed how the week goes...

Sis: I think of you through out the day. Time is going by and we will be able to come north to visit. Yes, please go when SweetPea has her eyes open and can you please ask her when would be a good time for you or you and I to take her to the vet for a checkup before bring her home. I love You.

Everyone Else: I hope you are all well and doing wonderfully with Alli and Low Fat Diet...Lets all drink more water and exercise in what ever way we can...My best to all of you...

Brighten
02-04-2008, 11:44 AM
Morning,

It's a good morning...thanking God for another day of life.

First I want to congratulate sis on her loss this week...WAY TO :bravo::congrat:GO SIS!

I was a bit disappointed when I got on the scale :tread:since I only showed a one pound loss but like DH said, time is not my enemy. I need to just do my thing and know that the pounds are coming off. I can tell I've lost inches by the fit of my clothes. I think the exercise is my main problem so will try to get in more walking:running::running::running: this week. I know I am sticking to plan.

I have my ladies small group here this morning. We have a fun project we did this week and they're all supposed to bring it with them. It's a collage on a 8X11 piece of craft paper...they were to set the timer to 10min. tear out pictures from a magazine (no scissors) then paste them onto the craft paper anyway they like. We will each look at them today and tell what we think they say about each other. DH already did mine and I had to laugh :rofl:at some of the things he said but actually he was right on! Try it...it's fun. I have next weeks project ready...will share that with you another day.

Tammy, I am happy you got to Walmart and stocked up on the good foods for you and DH to stick to the plan. Soak up that nice weather:sunny: whilst you can.

The rest of you...Have a great day :broc:and a good week.

Brighten:flow2:
9lb loss
:bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:
:bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:

barbmarie
02-04-2008, 12:20 PM
I found you guys! I need to be better about checking in here more often. You can see I'm not a big poster as I have been here for 8 years, and only 229 posts!
Monday weigh in 165lbs, was hoping for 1 more for an even 10, but I'll take it!. 6 more to my goal for Valentines day!
Bionic, any more pics of puppy? So cute! Awesome on the 4 lbs!
Bright, 1 lb is fine, I lost 1 last week and made up for it this week with 3. Doing nothing different either. So next week you should do great.

Bionic Beach Babe
02-04-2008, 02:17 PM
Barb: Just posted the latest picture of SweetPea...She looks to be a doll.
Congrats on the weight loss...always nice to see.

Sis: Congrats on your weight loss too honey...you did good.

Baby sitting this week off and on...2 gandsons ages 3-5. no more peace today. But a joy to see and have them even for a little while. They will be spending the night tonight...Going to take them to Home Town for dinner...They love to be able to pick out there foods....

Bless to you all as you weigh in this week and work on next week....one step at a time.

stewartsgirl
02-04-2008, 08:35 PM
Im new here and this is my first post. My doctor recommended alli so im headed to the store tommorrow to buy it. Any tips for me? Thanks in advance.

Brighten
02-04-2008, 08:46 PM
:welcome3:Stewartsgirl...my advice for what it's worth is: Use the Alli site to your advantage...list your nutrients every meal because that keeps us honest. I have been on Alli three weeks and lost 9lbs total...8 the first week, stayed the same the second week and lost 1lb this week. It's not going to come off fast but it will come off. Please stay with us and be encouraged along with way.

Barb, good for you! I agree with you - I'll take one pound :cp:over gaining any day! Keep it up!

Tammy, I hope your weather gets a lot warmer:beach: for you!

Sis, I love you and hope your day went well with those two little boys.

9lb loss
:dance::dance::dance::dance:
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Tammy
02-04-2008, 10:24 PM
Bionic, great weight loss!!! We'll be at Disney World the end of February. Keep us posted on the grand kids!! Good luck!

Brighten, 1 pound is better than none! You are fine!! Just keep it up. I like the project that you did with your group. Sounds like fun.

Barb, good going on the loss also! I weighed yesterday, and I'm the same as when I left. considering we've eaten in restaurants for a week, I feel fortunate. I'm glad that I brought our scales along!!

Welcome stewartsgirl!! Make sure you read all of the info in the little booklets that come with the starter kit. It will help get you going in the right direction. Do your best, and it will work!!

Today we ate at the condo for breakfast and supper. We got a club sandwich from the restaurant here at the condos, and we split it. Normally we each would have ordered our own.

I've been trying to get my Bible reading/study caught up. I went several days without doing it, so I'm back into it. hubby went to do laundry tonight, so it was nice and quiet here. I was able to get alot done. When he is here, the tv is usually on.

Bionic Beach Babe
02-05-2008, 02:24 PM
Good Morning everyone...:hug:

S.Girl::grouphug::welcome3: What Brighten (my sis) said before me is so true. Stick with the Capsuls each meal, and low fat meals...Sent a goal of about 10 lbs at a time...Don't think of the long road ahead...One day and one step at a time...Glad to have you here with us...Please post again and let us know how you are doing.

Tammy: Enjoy your self at Disney World. Something nice to plan for and with less weight to carry it will make it even more enjoyable.
After a very hard night with the 3 year old grandson (he talks and knows what he is saying but half the time no one can understand), so he gets very mad. :mad:

Just gave both boys their bathes and they are dressed and hair combed for other pair of Grandparents to come and pick up for this day:dizzy:...We get them tomorrow again...:)

Sometimes using this site and Alli Message board, I get the two sites mixed up...so if you see a name you don't recall, let it go. My mind gets too full at times as i am sure everyones does...

Sis: Looking forward to this afternoon and no kids and I can rest !:cloud9: and perhaps get rose beds ready...I am going to go try to set my Pedometer...my step in 24 inches. what is yours? Love, Lu

Brighten
02-05-2008, 08:00 PM
Windy here in the Pacific NW...so I went to the mall to walk:running:.

Good for you Tammy...no gain:carrot:! Yes, my small group had a great time with the collage project. We had fun analzing each others collage.
This is what I choose for our next project:
Nurture :yoga:Yourself
1.Treat yourself to a pretty flower:val3: on your table.
2.Organize :dunno:something you’ve been putting off?
3.Take an hour out of one day and just listen to
your favorite music:dancer:.
4.Buy something special :flow1:for yourself this week.
It can be simple or extravagant, whatever makes
you feel good. It cannot be something you NEED.
5.No shower! Take a bubble :bubbles:bath, light a candle
listen to music…pray.
6.Now do something special :flow1:for someone else.
7.Share with us next Monday how many items
on the list you accomplished. Also bring your
favorite verse:write: with you.

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace,
Longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Meekness, temperance: against such there
is no law. Gal. 5:22

I bought my flower :val3:today...since it's a beautiful orchid this is also my special gift to myself. It's looks like a water color in lovely bright pinks.

Sis, my stride is 25" it was closer to 25 than 24 so we chose the 25.
I am glad you have a day to yourself to :cb:recoup! Yes, I did take my skiwalkers and love them even in the mall because I can walk :running:faster and without all the stress on my bad knee. Notice I have my ticker now!

For every five pound loss.:woo:

Mamma Louie
02-05-2008, 10:26 PM
I popped on to say 'Hello!" to all the Alli posters! I have been a little over a month on Alli! I absolutely love it. Who would have ever known that I could get 5 times a day (and I mean EAT!) and lose weight? I love the meal plans; I love the loads of information on the site. And that little pill sure is a nice assist. So far I have lost 20 lbs (The first 8 lbs came off in 5 days when I started the diet. I was eating very high sodium food and those 8 lbs were the result.) My only complaint is the forums. How many times do I have to hear about people's fear of TE's?

I lurked around 3FD for awhile before deciding this was the place for me. I hope to get to know everyone just as I would like you to know me. A little about me: I am 40 years old (41 in March). I live in Portland OR. I have one child, a boy aged 10. I have one dog, a Coonhound, aged 3. I have one cat aged 11. And one chicken, 4 years old I think. :dizzy: Oh yea, I have this tall guy who sleeps next to me for the last 12 years too. He occationally speaks with a brogue since he was raised in Ireland, but it is almost gone after years of living in the US. He is currently in nursing school with about a year and a half to go. I own an espresso catering business that definately keeps me on my toes. Either I have loads of time to do things or I am slammed busy without time to even have lunch (like today - makes me a grumpy Mamma Louie).

We are going to Ireland this summer to visit family (we are able to manage this about every 3 years or so), and then on to Poland to attend a big family wedding in August. I would LOVE to be at my ideal weight by then, but I think that is pretty much wishful thinking. Not being obese would be wonderful too!

This is the first time in my life I have seriously examined my diet and followed a plan. I dont consider the Alli meal plan a "diet". This is the way I will eat for LIFE. I am committed to a low fat, balanced diet. The whole family, even my son, has jumped on the band wagon. (My DH lost 10 lbs just by eating the dinners and not having junk around the house. Damn him! I excercise every day of the week!) Not only do I feel like I am doing something wonderful for myself, but I am teaching my son healthy habits and I am helping my DH have a healthier heart.

Congratulations to all of you working at making your life healthier. We deserve it!

Brighten
02-06-2008, 12:59 PM
Welcome to this wonderful group of ladies Mama Louie...we are here to encourage and lift you up. I think you've done a great job so far...keep up the good work. Using the Alli tools is a very smart move. I could not do this without it at this point.

Heading out soon to my Pulmonary doctor appt. Say a prayer please. I want good results from the tests today.

I will then head to the mall to walk since it's raining again today.

Take care and God Bless.

I love you sis!

Brighten

DMPLS
02-06-2008, 02:51 PM
I have a question about Alli I saw a show today I normally don't watch since I work during the daytime....today school was closed due to the storm....

anyhow they listed the top 5 weightloss pills on the market today.....Alli was #1 the doctor on this show spoke a bit of praise for Alli because it is FDA approved as well that it doesn't use stimulants....however they did quote(as I do) from their website this precaution...

You may feel an urgent need to go to the bathroom. Until you have a sense of any treatment effects, it's probably a smart idea to wear dark pants, and bring a change of clothes with you to work:dizzy::(:dizzy::?:

What in the world???? LOL

do any of you have this issue??? are we talking #1 or #2?? I was trying convince my husband this product would be good to use..........now he wont let me even think about it!

(I had issues in High School with taking MANY diet pills at once to lose weight and he is very cautious of me taking anything for weight loss)

stewartsgirl
02-06-2008, 05:12 PM
I've only been on the pill for 2 days now i feel great I havent had any te's but i think it only happens if you go over the recommended 15 grams of fat per meal. Does anyone else have to pee more? Ive noticed and my husband also that we urinate alot more now sorry if its tmi.

Enigma77
02-06-2008, 11:43 PM
I think I've been peeing more too. :o

I have noticed that I have looser stools, but this is a godsend for me. I haven't had the urgent need, but I've been trying not to overdo the fat grams either.

And no more 2 pills for me - to many tummy cramps and extra gas.

I've been on it 1 week now, and I have lost my first 3 lbs. Yippee!!!:carrot:

Mamma Louie
02-07-2008, 10:26 AM
I have a question about Alli I saw a show today I normally don't watch since I work during the daytime....today school was closed due to the storm....

anyhow they listed the top 5 weightloss pills on the market today.....Alli was #1 the doctor on this show spoke a bit of praise for Alli because it is FDA approved as well that it doesn't use stimulants....however they did quote(as I do) from their website this precaution...

:dizzy::(:dizzy::?:

What in the world???? LOL

do any of you have this issue??? are we talking #1 or #2?? I was trying convince my husband this product would be good to use..........now he wont let me even think about it!

(I had issues in High School with taking MANY diet pills at once to lose weight and he is very cautious of me taking anything for weight loss)

I have been on Alli for about a month and half now with no treatment effects. I am also a forum junkie, so I think I may be able to figure out why this may happen to some people. The first thing I noticed on the Alli forum was that many people just dont spend the time reading about how the diet works or how the pills work in your body. Alli is adament that people spend at least 5 days on their low fat diet before taking the pill to make sure treatment effects dont happen. I think alot of people are so excited at the "miracle pill" that they dont want to wait. Also, Alli recommends that people keep a food journel. From the forums I read that there are alot of people who do not even realize what they are eating. Anyone who goes over the fat allotment will get TE's (although I have never heard of such drastic side effects. Maybe these people are too embarassed to post?) I follow the meal plan to the T. My problem has always been that I am so much on the go that I dont have time, or even KNOW what to eat, so, after not eating breakfast or lunch, I scarf down a box of food in the late afternoon after starving all day long. Then I binge on pre-made food at night because I am hungry and tired.

Eating 5 healthy meals a day has changed my life. I am emotionally more stable. I do not even feel like I am dieting (I dont consider this a diet but a way of eating I will continue for life.) I no longer feel exhausted at night. I dont even sleep as much.

You should do a little bit more research about taking Alli if you had diet pill problems in the past. I dont think orlistat would cause the problems caffeine based diet pills cause. It is a pretty benign drug (my husband is in nursing school and did some research on it before I started). Maybe talk to your doctor. I tell my friends that even if they dont take the drug, they should really try the meal plan. It works!

Good luck on your journey.

Bionic Beach Babe
02-07-2008, 01:36 PM
:welcome:Mama Louie and Dmpls...

Mama: I agree this plan is wonderful for your body and your family both. Stick with the program and you will have a lot of weight off before your lovely trip to Irland...I like the their accent !!!

Dmpls: The accidents they are talking about are bowels...It is FDA approved at 1/2 the dose doctors prescribe. I like it because it doesn't work on the heart, (by making it work faster and harder).. It works in the intestines...taking fat through the body faster.

As long as you stay on the food plan (low fat) there is no problem. If a person stops to think about it, can't we all lose weight without the capsule, by eating low fat and exercising? Yes!!! We all know that....

I like Alli because it is a crutch for me....Eat too much fat and yes pay for it in the bathroom... That is the whole idea of Alli...Train us to eat healthy and exercise.

Some people don't need the crutch and only take Alli with higher fat meals...
Some people take it, eat a lot of fat at a meal and pay for it in the bathroom, no doubt saying to them selves. "I don't care, the meal was worth it"...
To my way of thinking that is dumb, why even bother then.

Sis: Only have the boys 1/2 day today...I am so tired! I am glad God made women to have children while they are young...at 74 and 82 it been hard. We have enjoyed them between the screaming, fighting and yes a little smart mouth when time to pick up toys from Tommy...Tommy was put in the other room alone and man it was noisy...but he soon calmed down, said he was sorry and went and picked up his toys. On the whole they are wonderful boys, just not all day and night.

You are lucky you have a indoor Mall to walk around...Have a good walk. Glad you are using the sticks and Pedomenter...

Tammy: Sharon: Good morning to you both also...I pray things are better for both of you....

StillTryin
02-07-2008, 02:54 PM
Well I just thought I would pop in and say HI. As you know I am not taking Alli anymore, but still fighting the battle of weight. I have just given up Sugar for lent, for those who dont know about Lent, it is the 40 days and nights before Easter. Catholics and some other faiths give up something as a sacrifice. So I gave up SUGAR!!! I figure if it is in the first 5 ingredients of something I will avoid it, and I will not add it to anything either. This will be a BIG sacrifice for me and I know it will be hard to accomplish but I will TRY!

WISH ME LUCK, I hope this will help me kick my sugar addiction and help me get back on track for a healthier life.

Tammy
02-07-2008, 09:06 PM
Brighten, your next project sounds like a winner!!! I should do something like that with my 2 best friends that I get together with every couple of weeks. It would be fun!

Bionic, I was wondering how things were going with the grandsons!

Good to hear from you Still!!! Oh my to giving up sugar. I can understand the sacrifice that it will be for you. I'll keep you in my prayers if that's ok?

Do you think it is fair that we are finally in Georgia and out of the cold Ohio weather, and NOW I have a cold?????? Where is the fairness in that?? I am coughing so much. I'm driving up both crazy. I finally gave in and took Nyquil last night so I could sleep. And boy did I sleep! Even with the coughing, I've still been out walking every day. Yesterday it was 80+ and we were out walking on the beach. It was beautiful! That should have knocked the cold right out of me. I haven't lost any weight, but I haven't gained any either. We are still eating out often, but not as many meals since we have food here at the condo. Breakfast is always here, and lunch has been here most of the time. Hubby and I have split some meals too, so I know that is helping.

Hope you are all doing well!!!

Shy Moment
02-08-2008, 01:12 AM
Thought I would pop in and let everyone know what is going on. As you know we are tearing out the carpet in our one hallway and putting wood floors down. WELL since I am a accident looking for a place to happen. I found a place today lol. I tripped over a piece of lint ( lol ) on the floor we had just pulled the carpet off of and fell down the stairs. Let me re say that. I fell down the three stairs to the landing and then down the flight of stairs lol. I wasn't laughing at the time and sure hope God forgives me for the things I WAS saying on the way down. I will be ok but I did something to my hip, which I have no idea what they are talking about. Closest I can understand is that I sprained it. Well it means ( my mother has said this for years ) I finally found that place to darn near kill myself because I am such a klutz lol. The doc said I can walk all I want ( as long as it doesn't hurt to much ). No jumping or sprinting. Not really in the mood to jump or sprint lol. Think I might take his advice on that one lol. Did a couple one mile videos today ( did it hurt you might ask ) don't be foolish of course it hurt lolol. Do you think I am made of plastic hehehe. But, I was able to do them. Think the knee lifts and kicks are going to have to wait for a bit. So for now, it seems 1 mile videos and upper body workouts are going to be the exercise I can do. My daughter brought me Oreo cookies because of course they help with pain. I ate 10 of them before I knew it. Going to be paying for that. First time in almost 10 months I haven't been on plan. Won't kill me but sure isn't smart. Glad there are no more of the darn things in the house lol. Checked fit day. Since I have been on the lower end of what I allow myself for a few weeks, I am still within my ranges. Think this still means lots of chicken and salads for a week lol. Will just have to see how long it takes to get back into action. Doc said it could be a few days it could be a few weeks.

I always have a heck of a time finding the new thread for here lol.

Tammy
Oh so sorry to hear you finally got the cold that is going around. What bad luck to get it now. Hope you feel better soon. Hasn't been so bad here in Ohio. Bit cold but not much snow.

Still
Good luck on giving up the sugar. We aren't catholic so we don't celebrate lent but I think I will give up cooking and cleaning and laundry lol.

StillTryin
02-08-2008, 10:37 AM
SHY-Darn I knew I messed up, I should have given that up...oh man..lol

I am doing pretty good. I have set some "ground rules" for myself, because obviously everything has some sort of sugar in it. I have decided that I will not add any sugar (splenda doesnt count here) to anything I make. I will read the ingredient list and if it is in the top 5 I will skip it. I will have to be very careful if I eat out, to stay away from the obvious sugar laden foods. No treats/goodies. I did make some sugar free pudding last night and that went over well. So I am on full day #2 and it is going ok...only 38 to go..lol

Brighten
02-08-2008, 12:05 PM
Shy, so sorry you are accident prone...after my fall on the ice I cannot take any bragging rights! Don't try to rush the healing process though because you can do more harm. Just stick to walking:running:...no sprinting!

Still...giving up sugar brings back some painful memories for me...ATkins for YEARS! Never again! Thank goodness for Splenda is all I can say. What you are doing is a wonderful thing though...keeps your mind focused on the sacrifice :val2:Christ made.

Tammy, take care of that cold...but don't hang on to it!

Sis, so happy :cheer2:you are kid free today! I lost my pedometer so will have to just walk and hope I am getting more steps :running:in each time.

All off you...have a terrific weekend...weigh-in:goodscale :dust:coming up!

For every 5lb loss :congrat:

Enigma77
02-08-2008, 01:00 PM
not to be a downer, but Splenda scares me. We already eat so much processed bad stuff. I have heard that splenda is supposed to be "just fine" - but what scares me is the process by which they make sugar calorie free (aka, splenda)... what in the end will it do to us? This, as I take Alli to strip the fat from my digestive system. :D lol Still, I am afraid to try splenda... has anyone had any issues with it?

StillTryin
02-08-2008, 01:51 PM
Enigma, I totally hear what your saying. Actually I am really hoping that cutting REAL sugar will help kill that craving that I get for it. I only use spenda in coffee, so thankfully it is only 2 cups worth per day.
But maybe if I get that "SWEET" taste gone, I can cut that out completely also.

Enigma77
02-08-2008, 02:30 PM
Good luck to you on it then. For me - it is not so much the "sweet" stuff that is a problem, but the carb-rich and fattier things. I heart chocolate, in a big way. and, oh, am I craving it now! I usually give myself a little each day (trying to stay within my Alli guidlines, which I am finally following), but I skipped it today... I might have to seek it out (it only takes a little nip for me) before I eat everything else in sight. lmao

StillTryin
02-08-2008, 03:38 PM
Enigma, my problems are that I am a BIG CARB, SWEETS, FATTY, RICH foods junkie!!! I love deep fried almost anything, I love chocolate, I love potatoes, I love Fresh Bread....the only place that helps is that I am not a big store bread eater, or pasta eater (I make a bad italian...lol). But Alfredo, or holendaise (sp) sauce, cream based soups, cheese soups, man I can just have a blast...so I hope that the sugar habit will also help with the others, but who knows.

Enigma77
02-08-2008, 04:46 PM
I gave in. BUT..... I was a good girl. On my plan, I get 1800/60. I still had 900/30 left and it is not quite dinner time, so I opted to go to the store and stock my office with some snack items, including healthy chocolate stuff. Or, at least healthier than a Wendy's frosty or chocolate covered donuts! lol

I got the Fiber One Oats & Chocolate bars... VERY yummy and satisfying. A bit expensive for my taste, but I bet I can find a recipe and make my own. I love to cook and bake.

I also picked up a bag of fun size 3 Musketeers. About one of those is enough to satisfy the choco-monster.

And last, but not least - FF fig newtons. Gotta love 'em!

I'm gonna make sure I stock up on fresh fruit and veggies too, but that's for the weekend shopping trip.

Tammy
02-08-2008, 10:27 PM
Shy, have you had any of the flooding where you are? I heard from some friends that there were quite a few roads closed where we live. You sound like me! I am an absolute klutz also. Are you feeling any better at all? And I would give up the same things as you for lent! lol I have seriously thought about giving something up for lent the past couple of years, but I haven't done it. Maybe I'm not spiritually ready for that. I don't know.

Still, I use splenda alot. I make things sometimes and hubby doesn't even realize it. He is diabetic, so that is my main reason for switching from regular sugar.

Brighten, I'll try not to hang on to the cold! I would gladly give it away!!! I haven't felt like doing much, and I'd like to be out doing stuff.

I finally did lose another pound. I need to change my tracker.

Bionic Beach Babe
02-08-2008, 11:04 PM
Hi Everyone!!!
Still Try...Giving up sugar is very good but also hard to do. I wish you all the luck in the world. You can do it...Just put your mind to it...

Tammy: No! It is not fair to catch a cold while vacationing....Oh how I envy you!! 80 degrees. I know that must feel so good on the bones...and to walk don the beach...Oh my! lucky you !

Shy! I am so sorry to hear about your fall down the stairs..Oh My !!! Kid, do what you can in the exercise line but watch those kicks and leg lifts...

Enigma: I use Splenda nearly every day...either in my Tea or on my Cereal...It is safe for even Diabetics... As far as the chocolate, I can't not have it in the house as it calls out for me...

I will tell you girls in the next post what I mean about calling me...

Bionic Beach Babe
02-08-2008, 11:15 PM
One day I bought a bag of Chocolate Chips and had them in the cubboard for over a month...Success because they were not opened...

One day while watching TV...I got so hungry for Chocolate that I went and opened the bag of Chocolate Chips...Taking a small hand full and twisting the bag closed, I went back to my TV program...Oh how I savored every bite of those chips....and soon had that small hand full all eaten....

Oh my, I soon heard the voice of those Chocolate Chips in the Cubbord calling me, Lu, Lu, Come get us...we're waiting for you !!!" and yes I gave in and got another handfull and this time I twisted the bag closed and put the bag in the gabage under the sink.....(notice I twisted the bag closed)

....Ate the ones in my hand and soon again...That darn voice calling me again...."Lu, Lu, were waiting for you"....OK, another small hand full and twisted the bag closed and went out side and laid the bag in the big garbage can and put the lid on.!!!!....Well needless to say...They would not shut up...I again for the 4th time got up and went out side and this time....did not give in but opened the bag and poured everyone of those chips down into the messy garbage....I knew then that they would shut up for good and leave me alone....So the moral to this story is. If you don't want Chocolate or any thing else like it to call your name...don't have it in the house !!!!

Enigma77
02-08-2008, 11:31 PM
Thank you so much for sharing the story! :lol: I laughed so hard! I've had that happen before... kind-of. I can't recall digging in the trash for it, but I have snuck into my kids halloween candy... and chocolate bunnies... um. Yeah, I have a wee little problem. But, I can stop at a little. (Yeah, all us "'olics" say that, right?).

Well, I invested in the Fiber One Oats & Chocolate bars (one box at a time) and a bag of fun size 3 Musketeers. I had one bar of each :T to satisfy my craving today: 203 cal / 6 g fat. So, it was my snack. Better that then eat everything else in sight.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-blue2/slider-hearts/lb/198/130/194/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Shy Moment
02-08-2008, 11:40 PM
Still
I bet if you put your mind to it. You can stick too it. Good luck. You should have thought longer before you decided what to give up lol. I love deep fried anything lol. I haven't had any deep fried food in 10 months. One of these days I might but even walking through the food court at the mall makes me crave it all. I guess better to give it up all together than to eat a bit and then crave it. I keep telling myself when I reach my April goal on my anniversary our dinner is going to be deep fried chicken and joe joes lol.

Brighten
Oh my gosh I ache places today I didn't even know I had lol. No springing or sprinting lol. Was able to do a couple 2 mile walking/aerobic videos today. I'm not hurting as bad as I thought I would.

Engima
I feel the same way. I do drink the south beach strawberry/banana drink. Have to mix it with twice as much water as it calls for because it is so darn sweet. I also use the sugar free Log cabin syrup. Other than that I don't use artificial sweeteners generally. To many chemicals already in foods and such. I don't find those fun size bars very fun. I need a bit more than that to get excited lol.

Tammy
Nothing around here. Just kind of cold and wet. We are pretty lucky. We live in a little valley but my house is on the top of the hill in the little valley. I do remember one year one of the side roads was a mess. The road looked like a river. All those poor people. You could literally see the water running down the road and right into their houses. I don't feel as bad as I thought. I have parts aching that I didn't even know I had lol. I am taking it easy but I think the walking/aerobic videos are good for me. They are keeping the body moving. I even did the moves through them but I can sure say that those knee lifts were as high as they use to be lol. Hope you are getting over that cold. Nice going on the weight loss.

Bionic
The knee lifts and kicks and such today weren't what they were a few days ago lol.

Bionic Beach Babe
02-09-2008, 07:32 PM
Hi Girls..I have a questio with my pedometer saying how many steps I took.?That thing is only registering when I move the left leg. It is that movement, with the left leg, that makes it move...OK now...I take a step with the left foot...1 step...right foot, taking step but not registering on Pedometer...So if it says I walked 1,517 steps with the left...and I walked the same with the right, would I not double what the Pedometer says...Makes a lot of sense to me...What do you think?

Going out right now and driving over the same route I walked to see what my car says...back in a minute or so.

OK, I am back...car says it is 1 mile right on...I read some where. a mile is 2,000 steps...According to my 24 inch steps and if I count both legs I took 3,034 steps...1 1/2 miles...

Maybe I am just trying to be too perfect...I do have that problem at times...
Anyway,any one out there that can tell me what is going on for sure, I would greatly appreciate it. I am glad I was able to walk that far...Only with my Skiwalker am i able to do it...It keeps me up straight. I usually take a pain pill before I do it in hopes it kicks in by the time I get home...

Enigma77: I am glad you got a good laugh from my story...I too bought some bars to eat...In fact I just ate one and sure want another one...I sure hope they don't call me...smile...

The one I ate was called "Eating Right" Calories 130 with 3 grams of fat...and the box is called "GOLean, average calories in them is 190 with 5 grams of fat...neither one says any Artifical sugar. Of the two I think the GoLean is the better with 6 grams of fiber...the first one has 2 grams of fiber...I will look for yours..."Fiber/Oats" by who?

Shy: Wow! I am proud of you girl! walking and staying with it!!! I am happy for and with you.

Tammy: I too hope the cold is better...Beautiful weather here today...not 80 like where you are at but in the high 50s..which is so nice. Keep enjoying every bit of the warmth and walk along the beach.

Sis: Miss you...love...

lillypop
02-09-2008, 07:53 PM
Hi Everyone, I'm on Xenical for the last week and have lost 3lbs. I have a lot to lose but I am going to get there this time! No side effects other than wind!! Have completely changed my eating habits too and I love the drug

Shy Moment
02-09-2008, 09:54 PM
lily
I hope it works for you. Am happy are you are happy.

Bionic
If it is going by steps then yes you double what it says. If your car says the route you did is exactly one mile. Then it is one mile. Depending on your stride it is going to take more or less than the 2,000 steps, that is a general mile. For some 2,000 steps may be a mile. For you 3,034 steps is a mile. I am a stick with it kind of girl :). Am like that with everything in life. Can be a problem at times, I don't tend to try to do things that I don't think I can do, do well and complete.

Mamma Louie
02-10-2008, 02:15 AM
Hi Everyone, I'm on Xenical for the last week and have lost 3lbs. I have a lot to lose but I am going to get there this time! No side effects other than wind!! Have completely changed my eating habits too and I love the drug

Welcome Lilypop! I too am new to the boards. And, like you, Alli (orlistat) has changed my eating habits and my life. I am thrilled with my new lifestyle.

~ Gretchen

Bionic Beach Babe
02-10-2008, 09:53 PM
Hi Everyone...Busy day...Son-In-Law had to preach today at his church and asked hubby and I if we would go and watch the two little ones while he preached...He did a good job...I was so proud of him...Then we took them to Home Town Buffet for a nice lunch....I know I blew the whole week, what with the 4 daughters all being gone, and hubby and i baby sitting....Wow! We got tired...and yes, it was added stress....

Don't get me wrong, they are wonderful little boys but we are not used to the clutter, noise and peeing the bed any more. Daughters due home late today...I sure missed them.

Hubby and I went for my mile walk...Both hips hurt, but knees are OK...It may take me almost twice a long as most people to walk that mile with my little steps but I am doing it...Thank to my Skiwalkers! I know without a doubt I could not do it with out them....Water class in the morning...

Thank you Shy Moment: for the answer to the Pedometer...'When I read you I think you sound so much like me...Pushing our selves, sometimes harder than we should...I refuse to give up my walking...pain or no pain....but I do think with the Artificial hips and knees, I am doing excellent walking the mile right now..Maybe in a week I will try to go mile and 1/2....I do wish I could walk faster, wtih less steps...

Lily Pop: Welcome, Congrats on your 3 lb loss. Come post often...glad to have you...
Mamma Louie: Hi There...Nice to see you here again too...Tell us a little about you and your life...

Tammy
02-10-2008, 10:58 PM
Bionic, I am still chuckling about the chocolate chips!!! Love it!! I'm definitely enjoying the walks on the beach. Check out this site everyone: www.jekyllisland.com/islandtreasures/ I found one of those floats on the beach yesterday! I had looked at them in stores, and they are $65-70! I'm glad we were here when they were "planting" them for people to find. Our picture will be on the website sometime soon holding the float that I found.

Enigma, I just ate a couple of chewy chips ahoy cookies. Used to be, I would have eaten way more than a couple.

Shy, I'm lucky that I really don't care that much for deep fried foods. BUT that doesn't stop me from eating too much of other things darn it! I can't believe you could do those videos! Way to go!! I know that this cold has to be gone soon. I keep going out in the sun thinking it will bake it out of me!

Welcome to Lilypop & Mamma Louie!

Talked to our son for a while earlier tonight. Can't wait to see him on the 21st when he flies down here for a few days. It is really cold at home, so he is ready to come where it's warm.

My plans for this week are to get into the mall near here! I've been here for over a week, and I've only seen the outside of it!!

I have to be honest, I haven't been taking my alli. I had good intentions, and I did great the first week we were gone. Since I've had the cold, all I've been thinking of is coughing, blowing my nose, and taking cold medicine.

Shy Moment
02-11-2008, 12:55 AM
Tammy
Am really glad you are having a great time ( except for the cold ). It is 3 degrees here right now, wind chill -15. They called schools off. You have fun for all of us.

It really doesn't take that much time to do the videos lol. I watch movies or tv shows on the computer with one player and the exercise videos on another player. The time flies by.

Bionic
Glad you had a nice time with the kids. I know an older man, age 75, who has had both knees replaced and a hip replaced. He told me he walks 3 miles a day and no pain. Wonder why some have no pain and others seem to have a lot of pain. Give it time, you will be able to go further and further with no pain at all I hope. There was a time I was told I would never walk again. I proved them wrong with God's help. We have to take care of our selfs but a little pain is ok as long as we don't push things so hard that we hurt our selfs.

StillTryin
02-11-2008, 10:51 AM
Wow, everyone seems to be doing so well. I am proud to still be kinda a part of this group. Well I am doing pretty good with the NO SUGAR thing. I hav'nt cheated one time..I came close, I had a snack size kitkat bar that I wanted..I unwrapped it, almost took a bite and realized that I am not "answering" to anyone but ME, and I WILL KNOW I CHEATED..lol So just before I took a bite, I literally threw the whole thing in the garbage! I could have just saved it for the kids but I thought, NO WAY, I am just tossing it out so it wont be tempting!!! I am soooo proud of myself!
I weighed in today, and in this past 5 days I havnt really lost weight, but I did go from .6 on the scale to .2 so that is a small loss. Even though that isnt the overall goal for my sacrifice, it is helping keep me motivated to stay with it, since I havnt made any other changes in diet besides the sugar. I think next week I will try limiting my flour also and see what happens. (MAN I AM CRAZY...lol)

Tammy
02-11-2008, 11:36 AM
Shy, I had an email from my brother about the temps back home. He also said that they are supposed to get 4-7 inches of snow and ice tonight into tomorrow. Are they calling for that where you are also? I'm still impressed that you are doing the exercise videos and hurting the way you are!!!

Still, I am proud of you!!! Now that is willpower!! A .4 loss is a loss!! Now don't go overboard girl! You don't want to sabatage yourself by limiting too many things.

Not sure what our plans are for today. I slept pretty late considering the people upstairs were hammering and sawing at 6 again this morning. I pulled the pillow over my head and went back to sleep. I am sitting here with a disgusting cough drop in my mouth. Halls Honey-Lemon. Yuck! Bob bought them because he knows I like lemon, but boy these are nasty.

Hope everyone has a great week!!

Brighten
02-11-2008, 12:07 PM
Hi from the NW...I love seeing the positive attitude everyone is taking. We try, we win, we lose and we try again...it's all worth it in the long run.

I was so scared to get on the scale :goodscalethis morning with anniversary dinner, son's and my birthday lunch I thought I sure as shootin gained this week. To my delight :cheer2:I actually lost two more pounds! It's because of counting my calories and fats and sticking to the plan as close as possible even with the celebrations. I have only walked :running:twice this last week so it's not the exercise. I hope to get more walking in this week and keep on a downward run without allowing my 'emotions' to get the best of me.

Sis, I am so very proud of your getting out and walking.:running:..by the time you two come up to get the puppy you and I will be walking together on our nice trails. I love:hug: and miss you so very much...keep up the good work sis!

Tammy I pray your cold leaves you soon!

Still, your plan to give up sugar for Lent is helping you in more ways than you see right now. It's not only cutting the calories of sugar but it's the discipline that goes with it. I think that is one of our (people who struggle with food) biggest problems...we 'think' we are in control (no one's going to tell me what to eat!'...but in reality the only person we truly hurt is ourselves. I think what you are doing is a learning process and honorable at the same time.

Shy...burrrrr It's at least warming up here into the 40's..yeah!

Lilly and Mama...stick with us, we all need encouragement and we all need to be listened to. We can help each other through the tough times and share the happy successful times!

Have a great week every one!

For ever 5lb loss :congrat::congrat:

StillTryin
02-11-2008, 12:31 PM
Thanks Tammy and Brighten. I know that learning to eat well/better is a process. That is why after almost a week now I am thinking of new things to do again. This is what I used to do when I was successful in the past. I dont think I could ever eliminate flour completely, but maybe in a couple weeks of the sugar elimination I can say, no flour if it is in the first 2 ingredients, then after some time with that maybe if it is in the first 4 ingredients, ect...that way it would give me time to adjust and find BETTER foods to replace the old ones with (does that make sense?)
I guess I am just trying to give myself time to find better foods by replacing the old "standbys" that you usually eliminate when dieting and then when you hit goal you start eating again....(at least that is what happened to me)

Any ideas?? I am all ears!

Enigma77
02-11-2008, 01:10 PM
Well, I managed to lose another pound, I think. I think my scale may be a bit schizophrenic. My weight will vary over 5 pounds within 5 minutes. I know, I know - not supposed to weigh yourself so much. I know it has a mind of it's own, so I step on it until it gives me at least two reading the same. Darn digital scales. I think it got wet from the kiddies playing in the tub. I want one of the old kind that you can mark your current and goal wieght on. I can't seem to find them though. Only digital or basic.

The Oats & Chocolate bars I got are made by Fiber One (like the cereal). I found them in the cereal section, with all the other granola bars and cereal bars. Nutritional info:

140 cal, 4g fat, 1.5g sat. fat, 0mg chol., 90mg sod., 29g carb, 9g fiber, 10g sugar, 2g protein, 2% Vit A, 0 Vit C, 10% Ca, 2% Iron.

I got them at my store for $3.29. Only get 5 bars/box though. Bummer. But, they are VERY yummy and satisfying. You think you're eating something you shouldn't. I've been able to quiet them up by shutting them in a drawer. lol

StillTryin
02-11-2008, 02:47 PM
OHHH I love the Fiber One bars, they are awesome...just a tip, don't ear more than one per day or you could have a little bit of gas...lol my daughter and I learned this when we both we eating like 2 per day and couldn't understand why all of a sudden we both had some stink..lol

Bionic Beach Babe
02-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Hi Everyone...Only 1 lb. this week but hey, after the stress of watching 2 very active boys and eating out at the Buffer twice...I am happy about the loss and not a gain....:carrot:

Shy: I will look into the Fiber One Bars....and hey girl...quit weighing your self so much.:goodscale:goodscale:goodscale:goodscale:hug:
Thankyou for the :rofl:. I love it...Glad you shut that drawer up tight to drown out the sound of them calling your name...Good Girl.

Sis: I love you....Too cold out side so no working there...Maybe the walk later though...I am proud of your 2 lb loss...:hug:

Enigma77
02-11-2008, 05:21 PM
So far I have been able to successfully limit myself to only one a day - thanks for the warning though!

I have a BIG question... Where is the best place to buy the refill???? (i.e. CHEAPEST)

I am running out of the starter pack that my mom gave me and I am a bit short on cash... I looked at Walgreens this am and saw 120 capsules for $70! Ouch!:mad:

StillTryin
02-12-2008, 10:21 AM
Enigma, I cant answer your refill question, sorry!

But I wanted to share...I thought I had a .4 loss when I weighed in Monday since I havnt had sugar since last Wednesday...well

I weighed in this morning, I usually weigh each morning before I shower, and I was down a total of 1.6lbs!!!! OMG!!!! I am soooo motivated by this HUGE loss in 7 days! I havnt lost that much in a week, ever!!!

So I am going to keep it up and in 1 week I am going to start limiting my flour, I am still trying to come up with something managable...but I am thinking that for the first 2-3 weeks, nothing with flour as the first 1-2 ingredients...and go from there for a while, then maybe (if it works for me) boost it to no flour in the first 3-5 ingredients....

ANY IDEAS?

Enigma77
02-12-2008, 11:17 AM
:congrat:Good for you! I am curious - why give up flour? Or are you just going to give up the over-processed flour? I love my whole grain bread, pasta, and crackers. I have to follow a low-protein diet, so I get my fix on carbs, I just try to stick with the good ones as much as possible.

I think I am going to have to invest in a new scale before this one drives me bonkers:crazy:. I always weigh myself in the morning (naked) after first pee. (sorry if TMI). It still gives me multiple weights. My DH swears it's just me, but I can't figure out how you can screw up getting on a scale. I put my feet where they belong and try desperately not to move (or even wiggle, as it freaks out when you do) and yet try to see the readout - still can't see my feet easy. Grrr....

What's a good scale out there?:goodscale

StillTryin
02-12-2008, 12:34 PM
Yes I am talking about the white flour, not wheat flour....I love whole wheat bread, ect...so I dont think I could give all of that up, but I figured if I can start replacing healthier items for the over processed ones that is only going to be better for me in the long run.

Enigma77
02-12-2008, 01:48 PM
I should give my soda addiction... but at least its diet! I LOVE my Diet Dr. Pepper.... too bad the fakey sweetener is no good for my fibromyalgia. Although, I think lack of caffeine is no good for anyone who might wander through my path. lol

StillTryin
02-12-2008, 05:20 PM
Yeah I have been finding today that my 1 soda per day (diet pepsi) is REALLY sweet, I think that is because I am not used to the sugar now......so maybe I will have to give up pop completely....maybe a good thing!

Bionic Beach Babe
02-12-2008, 06:49 PM
Hi Everyone. Late getting here today...walked, then planted 12 ft of Ivy and transplanted 24 plants into beds...weather her in Northern CA. Beautiful ! Praise God!

Enigma77: Sis just got her refill at Fred Myers for $56.00 for 120 of them...good buy...We don't have a Fred Myers here....I wonder what Target or Costco wants? I will be having to buy a refill soon too....

Still Trying: Glad to see you back...I agree, WW bread is the best...anything we can eat as natural as possible is the best way to go....

Off I go to figure out dinner...I think I will make the Spinash Pizza recipe from Alli....so very good...and fruit salad...

Sis: Hi Baby...I think of you off and on all day...Love Ya,

Shy Moment
02-12-2008, 07:27 PM
Bionic
I am counting the days until I can start putting the garden in and plant some flowers. I need to see stuff grow.

Still
I have found the same thing. Things I use to love are just so sweet I can't stand them. I went and got some of that south beach strawberry banana drink. Oh my gosh is that stuff sweet. I mixed one pack with twice as much water as they said to mix with it. Really nice going on the weight loss.

Brighten
WTG on the weight loss.

I generally don't even get on the scale but once every two weeks. That is more than enough for me. There are to many carbs in the fiber one bars or any of that kind of stuff for me. For 25 carbs I can eat a ton of food not something that is worth a couple of bites. lol

StillTryin
02-13-2008, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the welcome back Shy, I really missed you all.
Bionic, thanks for the words....I am trudging along..lol

I did it again today....got on my scale before my morning shower....low and behold another .4 gone! I am soooo surprised. I am not missing out on anything really and I am actually losing weight...this is the coolest thing ever..I have been thinking that I will possibly stick to this no sugar thing long after our lent sacrifice is over.....WOOHOOO

Enigma77
02-13-2008, 12:45 PM
Still - I think you might just weigh yourself as much as I do! lol and CONGRATS! The motivation is great, isn't it? Just remember that that things can changes daily - water, etc... At least that's what I try to remind myself when it either doesn't budge, or goes up a bit...Of course, I have a pyschoticscale, so wo knows how much I actually weigh!

Bionic - where's your sis? If you meant Meijer's, we have 'em here in MI, in fact I live in the city that was the birthplace of that store/chain. I'll have to go by and see - i might actually get some more at that...

otherwise, I though I would still follow the Alli plan, but just reduce my fat by 25 - 30% and my cals by that times 9 (for 9 cal/ g fat)... so for instance, i am allowed 1800 cal, 60 g fat... I would go to like 1620 / 40 perhaps... does this sound right? :?:

StillTryin
02-13-2008, 01:14 PM
Enigma, yes I tend to weigh in everyday, before showering in the morning...it is more accountability for me. But it does feel good when it is going down also (GREAT MOTIVATION).

I bought a new scale 2 years ago when I really started to "diet". I got the $25 weight watchers scale at walmart. It works great, you can store 2 weights (I think, I dont use that function) you can also switch from Kg to LB, either one....so it was worth it for me.

I saw in another thread you have thyroid issues also...me too for years. In fact I need to make an appointment soon, since I have been just exhausted lately. I just seem to always be fighting my thyroid and weight...there is no rest for me with either.

Enigma77
02-13-2008, 02:25 PM
Still - I'll have to check out that scale too. Yes, I have a myriad of issues to contend with, unfortunately. I have a rare metabolic disorder that requires me to eat a low protein diet - I think a lot of my other issues stem from that. i don't process proteins right because of some disfunctional amino/organic acids. Let's see... I have degenerative cartilage and the osteoarthritis (mostly in my hips, knees, hands, and feet), depression, anxiety, OCD, hypothyroidism, IBS (serious constipation issues - I know, TMI!) and most recently, fibromyalgia. So, as you can guess - i am also on a bunch of meds. Not too bad considering, only 7 a day w/o painkillers, which I try to stay away from the narcs - mostly tylenol and ibuprofen 800.

My biggest issue with weight loss is I've actually come to terms with my body. I used to be really obsessed and actually was anorexic/bulemic high school - college. My hubby loves me for me and I have learned to relax about it... a bit too much it seems lol.

I like the Alli program and want to stick with it and I am glad for this community - I need the commorodity. I tried WW online, but I had a hard time keeping up with the points. I think counting fat/cal is WAY easier. I use the Alli site too and I like that I can see what I am actually feeding myself int he form of nutrients and where I might be screwing up. i used to think I got plenty of fiber, but now I am thinking not so much.

StillTryin
02-13-2008, 02:58 PM
Still - I'll have to check out that scale too. Yes, I have a myriad of issues to contend with, unfortunately. I have a rare metabolic disorder that requires me to eat a low protein diet - I think a lot of my other issues stem from that. i don't process proteins right because of some disfunctional amino/organic acids. Let's see... I have degenerative cartilage and the osteoarthritis (mostly in my hips, knees, hands, and feet), depression, anxiety, OCD, hypothyroidism, IBS (serious constipation issues - I know, TMI!) and most recently, fibromyalgia. So, as you can guess - i am also on a bunch of meds. Not too bad considering, only 7 a day w/o painkillers, which I try to stay away from the narcs - mostly tylenol and ibuprofen 800.

Wow, you and I are very much alike....I have the thyroid issues (goiter here...). I have arthritis (sp) so bad in my left ankle/knee/hip and lower back caused by an accident when I was young. Clinically depressed, I take ritalin daily just to stay awake, I also have IBS with SEVERE constipation!! (Terrible, I know). I have managed to limit my meds to my 1 Ritalin per day, and my 1 thyroid pill per day. But I am forever taking either motrin, tylenol, or advil just to deal with the constant pain. I swayed from narc's a few years ago because I was constantly in that "FOG". SO I got them out of my system and just started to DEAL with the pain...it is hard to get past it, since it is always there, but you just have to. Most days I don't even want to get out of bed I have such drastic fatigue. I usually do not watch TV at night because the minute I stop moving in the evening or during the day I am asleep within minutes.

Enigma77
02-13-2008, 05:29 PM
Still - Have you ever undergone a sleep study to rule out a sleep disorder? My husband souded a lot like that before he found out he had severe hypersomnia aka narcolepsy w/o cataplexy.... my dad and sitter too, except they have sleep apnea.

StillTryin
02-13-2008, 06:50 PM
no i have never had a sleep study done.....I wouldnt even know where to have one done at..lol

Tammy
02-13-2008, 08:44 PM
Hey. We must all be related in some way. lol I also have osteoarthritis in my knees, hips, hands, and lower spine. The spine pain is worse than the others put together. I also have fibromyalgia which was diagnosed 4 years ago this coming August. I fell on the ice going into school on St. Patrick's Day in 2004, and it was all downhill after that. The doctor thinks the fall is what triggered the fibro. I must admit that my health issues have been better since I retired last year from teaching. I can't believe that stress can affect a person the way it does.

I was down another pound this morning. Slow but steady I guess. I had wanted to get to my tracker goal before my niece's wedding the end of June, but as slow as I'm going, I'll never make it.

It's cool and very windy here tonight. Hubby and I usually take a walk out by the beach, but I thought I'd just stay in out of the wind. I'm still coughing.

Hello to everyone!!!

Shy Moment
02-14-2008, 01:44 AM
Tammy
Glad to see the scale is going in the right direction for you :). I have the same kind of problems but I look at it this way. I can remember laying in a bed being told I would never walk again. Pain or no, every step I take, every breath I have. I have life. Nothing could be better than just to live.

Still
Ask your doc about a sleep study. There are places you go to, they hook you up and monitor you while you sleep. Great fun, just want I wanted to have someone watch me sleep, creepy lol. Since I have lost some of this weight. I no longer have to have the breathing machine at night so I don't stop breathing while I sleep :)

enigma
I am glad you find the support here you need. Everyone needs someone to chat with about common problems.

StillTryin
02-14-2008, 11:05 AM
Well I have to WORST pain in my lower back area for the last 2 days (I know it isnt my "back", but in that area). I had to schedule an appointment with our local clinic (I hate going to anyone other than my regular DR, but he is over an hour away which results in missing work). I go in 30 minutes, I have been told by 3 people that it is PROBABLY my kidneys (OMG). I dont know what it is,but I know it HURTS. I slept like crap for 2 nights because of it also....grrr.

Brighten
02-14-2008, 11:45 AM
Happy Valentine Day :val1:to all...

Still, I pray it is not your kidneys but it certainly sounds like it to me also...good to have it checked! Stay in touch dear one.

Tammy, enigma, Shy, Sis...others...

Keep up the hard work...we weigh in just a few more days so let's do it!

I had another b'day lunch yesterday...ordered the same salad! I walked more than a mile two days ago and play to walk again today. I find I have to rest my legs for one day then walk.

I see we all suffer just one kind of a pain or another...it's good to be getting the weight off our poor bodies once and for all. I think drinking more water will help us too. I pray for each of you and know with God's help we will finally overcome our dependence of food to make us feel better.

Have a great Valentine Day without the candy...one moment in the mouth = well, you know the rest.

Brighten

For every 5lb lost :congrat::congrat:

Enigma77
02-14-2008, 12:07 PM
Good morning and HAPPY VALENTINES DAY ladies!

I have to agree with Shy... I am thankful for the pain, because it reminds me I am alive to feel it. Although, I don't think I need the constant reminder. lol Sorry, i couldn't help myself. ever since I got back onto a higher dose of thyroxine I feel SO much better energy, spirit, and motivation wise.

I'm down to my last two Alli. I still haven't made it to Meijers to check on the price here - perhaps tonight, I will. I'm getting quite frustrated with my hip. I WANT to exercise now that I have the energy, but it hurts to walk, do stairs, or even get in and out of my car. I think I am going to have to call my rheumy and see about it. Grr I am SICK of docs!

I have a major question here *snicker*

Do all you ladies still have a little gain during what I fondly call "PMS week"? I figure it is just water, because even with my SNAFUs, I have stayed within my fat/cal range. (I'm up maybe 2) I figure it is just water, but?

Shy Moment
02-14-2008, 12:30 PM
Engima
I have have as much as 5lb fluctuation the week of my DOT, lucky it didn't start to hit me till today lol, I was at the docs yesterday so did my weigh in then instead of today. Must be normal, I have always been this way. I have always had clothes I wear just that week. Anything the slightest bit tight on my tummy really makes it hurt. I do agree with the " I don't need the constant reminder " lol. That is why there are days you won't see me posting a lot. My hands hurt to much to type.

Brighten

You know, there are some people that live with great amounts of pain and you never know it. They don't talk about it, they never let it stop them. Then, there are my children, I swear, they get a hang nail and think it should close down all business and the country should make it a day of mourning lol. What happen to kids like we were when we were kids. I remember being in a ballet recitals with 3 cracked ribs lol. I do have to say my knees and hips feel so much better since I have taken some of this weight off. Can't wait to get the rest of it off. I never thought much about all the pain before this weight. It was just something that was there like I have teeth and hair lol.

Still
That is what it sounds like. Kidney infections even urinary track infections can be very very painful.

StillTryin
02-14-2008, 01:52 PM
OK everyone, I am back from the DR. It isnt my kidneys, or bladder...no infection. They checked me over, and took x-rays. The DR thinks it is a sprain in my lower spine. No lifting for 1 week, pain meds for the next 7-10 days plus he gave me 6 days worth of Lunesta (sp) so that my body can heal while I rest. I am also supposed to sit in our jacuzzi tub 2-3 times a day for an hour each time (this is by far the best part of the treatment imo..lol) So I returned to work today and finished what I started before going to the DR, then clocked out, took 2 pain meds and a aleve (as advised) and came home. So I am getting ready to sit in the jacuzzi now and I am working at home today...I had to take my work home with me, but that is ok, it just really needs to get done, and cant wait unfortunately until tomorrow.

So that is the deal..lol

Enigma77
02-14-2008, 01:52 PM
Shy - I know. My hubby always reminds me that he hurts too after I've been whining a bit. he gets upset that I don't cater to his pain the way he does to my, but if I don't know he hurts (cuz mums the word most of the time), then how do I know to cater to it? Men always think we can read their minds, I swear. I try not to constantly complain to others, but I'm a talker, so it usually comes out. Especially since I always answer the "how are you today?" honestly. lol

My kids are the same way, every time they even slightly bump themselves while playing or running around, its the end of the world - mama always has to kiss it to make it better, no matter how small - or where! (some booboos I REFUSE to kiss!!!). Some might thinks us nuts if they ever heard us, but when they kids are making a scene about something not so big - we ask them if we need to amputate it... that usually stops the scene. AND, usually gets them either laughing or berating us for even considering it. We're terrible parents lmao

Enigma77
02-14-2008, 01:55 PM
ouch! any idea how you managed that? Oh, I wish I had a jacuzzi...... Sorry you hurt and have to take it easy. :hug:

Shy Moment
02-14-2008, 03:58 PM
engima
HAHAHAHAHA I say the same thing to the kids. Well come here and lets cut it off, won't bother you anymore. I would call out for their dad HEYYYYYYYYYYYY Kenny get the saw, need to amputate lol. They just roll their eyes at me.

I usually don't say anything when asked how do you feel today. Do you really want me to start at the top of my head and go to my toes and tell you how I feel lol. I hurt, I always hurt to some degree. Hey, this is what happens when you go through the windshield of a pickup truck and then through the back window of a station wagon lol. I am reasonably healthy. I can walk, talk, whack my kids upside the head when needed and I can yell BINGO. What more could a person want in life lol.

Still
So glad you at least know what it is and can take care of it. My gosh my doc thinks pain meds are Tylenol, what I am going to sell them on the street lol. You take it easy and do what you are told. You can do so much more damage by trying to do to much.

Karen31
02-14-2008, 09:40 PM
Hello--- I was just wondering if anyone has tried using Alli with the Slimfast? I'm curious to know if it would work and maybe give a good jump start.

Tammy
02-14-2008, 09:59 PM
Brighten, I have ordered salads several times lately when we've eaten out. Last night I had a grilled chicken salad, and it was probably the best salad that I've ever eaten. I'm looking forward to going there again before we leave GA.

Enigma, I usually have about a 5 pound gain at that time. I just expect it.

Shy, isn't that the truth with kids (or men?)? They always think that they are in severe pain!

Still, keep us posted on how you are feeling!!

Karen, sorry, I'm no help with the alli and slimfast.

Hope you have had a Happy Valentine's Day!

Shy Moment
02-14-2008, 11:05 PM
Tammy
Hubby makes me so mad. I never know he is in pain until it is serious. I make myself a grilled chicken salad almost everyday for lunch. I love the things.

StillTryin
02-15-2008, 10:43 AM
Well ladies, I spent most of yesterday under the fog of pain killers, although I got a lot of work done at home (god knows I couldn't rest). I bet my phone rang more at home than our office phone rings..lol I did get a little rest though. I spent 30 minutes in the jacuzzi and then went to bed to rest, but about the time I would be ready to doze off, the phone would ring...so I would then be AWAKE.
I talked to my mother, she had a job interview the other day and she should hear back by today (fingers crossed). Then I spent some time with my almost 3 year old, she climbed in bed with me and we watched cartoons. My DH took her to a basketball game, so I could rest and I took 1 of the lunesta at 7 and a pain pill like the dr said, MAN I still didnt sleep good! I am going to TRY again tonight, but for now I am back at work. Still in pain, but I am sure I will survive.

I did get on the scale today and it is still going in the downward direction..lol down another .2 SO I AM HAPPY about that.

Bionic Beach Babe
02-15-2008, 03:21 PM
Oh Girls...I am so sorry about all the pain you are suffering...No fun at all...Take care of your selves and give your bodies time to heal.

I, since watching the two little ones last week can't seem to get on the ball very good about my food plan...Just hungier for some reason....of course with one daughter giving me candy for Valentines day (bless her heart), I find it harder to stay away from....I don't dare open the box as if I let out that monster it will comsume me.

Went to water class and happy to report the water was warmer...I was starting to hate the class...Someone fooled around with the theramostate on the water and it took two weeks to get it back where it belonged....Next person that does that is due to be kicked where it hurts..

I wish you all and myself too....the rest of the week on program and losing...

Have a good day. As good as possible with the aches and pains...

Shy Moment
02-15-2008, 03:52 PM
Bionic
Pain is all in the mind they say. Wellllll mine is in my knee today but since I am so short that isn't far from my mind is it lol.

Still
You take care of yourself and let your body heal. Turn that darn phone off so you can sleep.

StillTryin
02-15-2008, 04:58 PM
I couldnt turn it off that was the problem, since I was out of the office, I was supposed to be working from home....I did get a lot done while I layed in bed, but I didnt get any sleep. And that Lunesta didnt help at all last night! I barely slept. So I hope it does tonight since I have a training class all day tomorrow and NEED to be awake for it.

Shy Moment
02-15-2008, 06:19 PM
Still
Take if off the hook for a nap lol. Sure hope you get some sleep tonight

Tammy
02-16-2008, 11:35 PM
Bionic, we have been so upset at the Y because the water in the pool is so much cooler than it used to be.

Still, did your mom hear anything about the job?

Shy, I giggled about your knees! lol

Hope you are all having a great weekend!

Brighten
02-17-2008, 12:54 PM
Good Morning All,

Cold but sunny :sunny:here...it's so nice to see the sun shine again!

Still, take care dear one, I pray you are better each and every day...rest, rest,:beach: rest!

Shy, I finally made:stir: my own grilled chicken salad and you are right...it's great!

Karen, I am sorry but I have not tried Slim Fast so cannot help you...but :welcome3:to our Alli thread.

Enigma, were you able to find your Alli?

Tammy and sis...where are you?

I am doing okay...I believe I have this program all figured out - at last!
I have dieted, starved, even once had a gastric bypass (taken down in late 70's) joined every diet center you can name, joined gyms, did line dancing, walking was a constant until I had bad feet...gave up, started again, gave up...etc...but this time around I think I got it! Counting calories/fats is the only way to truly stay on track. I can eat :hungry:anything I want to if I first check that it fits into my plan. I have not felt deprived even once. Into my fifth week on Alli and I feel good. They claim it takes 30 days to form a habit...this is my new habit. I will never have to give up that piece of chocolate, that baked potato, the glass of wine:cheers: again. I will never have to feel guilty because I put something in my mouth that 'someone' says 'is not on your diet!"
Okay girls forgive me my confessional...I can only hope it might help someone else who is struggling today.

I love:hug: you sis,

For every 5lb loss :congrat::congrat:

StillTryin
02-17-2008, 09:28 PM
Hey all, thanks for the well wishes.. I feel quite a bit better today. I was still pretty sore yesterday, but by mid afternoon I was feeling better.

I talked to my mom yesterday and she didnt get the job:( But she did get an offer for a job that is only a 3 hours per day, but it is $15/hr and will most likely turn into a full time job in the future, so she starts that on tuesday.

Well I am down another 1 lb!!!! I am shocked! All I have done is give up the sugar!

Bionic Beach Babe
02-18-2008, 02:57 PM
OK Girls...I goofed by going to Home Town twice...Once taking small grandsons and then on Valentines Day...Up one darn pound!!!! Hey, I want to go the other way...No fun losing a pound you gained...
But back on track today...will see what happens next weigh in...

Even having the TE one day didn't prevent me from going back to Home Town. I think it was because the meal was free at Home Town for those married 50 years on Valentines Day....But I regret it now....Doesn't pay. No fun....

I hope all of you learn from my lesson...Don't go to any buffet while trying to lose weight... Anyway I wish you all well and success this week....On ward and forward ! Good week ahead....

Sis: I knew I blew it !!! Oh well, back on track with you today...I love you...I miss you and thinking of March when we can come see you and pick up SweetPea...

Oh Girls: New picture of Sweet Pea...She has her eyes opened now....

Shy Moment
02-18-2008, 04:09 PM
Still
WTG

Tammy
:0)

Was gone most of the weekend so just thought I would pop in and say hello.

Brighten
02-18-2008, 05:57 PM
I had a nice long post then lost it...so this will be short and sweet.

Still wonderful about your mom's new job with some promise for a future...congrats for the weight loss!

Sis, so sorry for the gain but we all know...two steps forward three back...but it was only two back...great! You will get right back on it because I lost two pounds this week and you know you will not let me beat you! (Smile) I love you.

Shy, Tammy, Enigma, all...Hi!

Take care and God Bless,

Brighten

For every 5lb loss :congrat::congrat:

Tammy
02-18-2008, 08:15 PM
Brighten, I enjoyed reading the confessional. Sounds like me in many places.

Still, that is great about your mom finding the other job!

I finally broke down and went to convenient care. I have a sinus infection. I am now on an antibiotic, a nose spray, and a medicine for the cough. When my temp went up over the weekend, I decided that it was time to go. Hopefully I'll feel better when our son gets here on Thursday. Looking forward to seeing him.

Shy, I hope you were able to do something fun over the weekend!!

Hello everyone!

Bionic Beach Babe
02-19-2008, 01:19 PM
Girls: With so many of you feeling under the weather, I wonder if you all might have caught the "Humboldt crud", that is what we call it here..Maybe it got passed around via our "postings"....smile, girls I am kidding....

Still: I am happy about your mama's new job...sounds like good hours and good pay to start. Tell her we wish her the best.

Shy: They may say Pain is all in the head but why does it travel so far and so much through out the body...

Sis: My twin...When one falls the other does....But in pairs the strength is twice as strong...So on ward and forward with our weight loss....eating right and remembering to eat...and not to go into temptation places to eat....I love you baby doll....Lu

Tammy
02-19-2008, 09:09 PM
Bionic, I think I caught the crud, that's for sure!!

I got up this morning, and my hair looked awful. It has grown so much since we've been here. I stopped in a beauty shop and told her I needed help. She just laughed. I went back at 4, and it looks pretty good! A bit poofy right now, but it will look less poofy after I wash it.

We both felt good enough to go out for dinner tonight. I had the same grilled chicken salad that I had the other night, and Bob had a shrimp dinner. Yummy!

Have a good one!

StillTryin
02-20-2008, 10:16 AM
Tammy, glad your hair is looking better...I need to get mine done terribly.

Bionic, I hope you keep your "crud"....I sure dont want or need it..lol

Well I am down 1 more pound!!!! I am so shocked that this is happening...I have lost weight before but never THIS easily!!! GO ME!!!!

Bionic Beach Babe
02-20-2008, 01:52 PM
Hi Everyone: Beautiful Day in the sunshine today...Hubby and I have been busier than Bees on a summer day, Working and clearing places to pour more cement so less lawn to cut, less need for water and to really tell the truth, wanting to cut down on the weeding...

We took out 17 rose bushes along the front of our house. Going to put in a cement patio with benches and planters...No more weeding there !!!!

Oh, Best news for me is" I LOST THAT ONE DARN LB"....I could not wait until Monday, but had to get that old lb. off before I felt I was able to really move forward again...Plan to be in the 80s by Monday...No more weighing until then for me...promise.

Shy: Welcome back...Hope you had a wonderful time away. But we missed you.

Tammy: Oh No...not the crud!!! My prayer for you is to get well fast !!!
I too got my hair done. I got it cut off...It is like the picture sis and I posted of us together...Better for water class and walking...

Still: Congrats on your weight loss too...wonderful when we see that happen...

Sis: Tomorrow, Tommorw, you go see my SweetPea...she should be walking any day now...I hope my dirty sock shows up in time...other wise, why don't you wait until it comes...Besure and take pictures of you and her for the scrapbook i am starting about her life. I love you more than words can express...

StillTryin
02-20-2008, 02:37 PM
WOW bionic, you had 17 rose bushes to take out!!!! that is crazy!

I have a SMALL yard (thankfully) I hate mowing, weeding, ect...lol I am anxious to see how it looks in the spring since we just bought this place in December. I know the yard is well kept, but you can see that some sort of flowers come up around the house in the spring/summer and I am excited to see if they are tulips or what...

nikki8221
02-21-2008, 03:33 PM
hey everyone i am thinking of restarting alli i tried it for about a week a fiew months ago... but stoped taking it..i am currently on chantix to quit smoking and a water pill for my high blood preasure and i know if i loose weight i wont need the blood preasure meds anymore...anyone have any advice..i hate eating the same thing every day and i LOVE breakfast foods so any meal plan ideas will be wonderful

Brighten
02-22-2008, 11:23 AM
Morning All, Welcome Nikki!

On the way to a funeral this morning so this is short and sweet.

Made a two pound loss less than a week...actual weigh-in is on Monday.
I have been walking and really trying my best to stick to the program again and also bought some fresh lemons to add to my water to make it more pleasant to drink!

I will check in later to see how everyone is doing. Take care and God Bless.

I love you sis! Did not see puppy yesterday...will go on Monday.

Brighten

For every 5lb loss :congrat::congrat::congrat:

StillTryin
02-22-2008, 05:50 PM
I JOINED THE GYM!!!! OMG this is the first time I have really every planned to go to a gym! They open at 6am so I will have to go from 6-7am so I can get to work by 8 still. It is only 2 blocks from my house so I can walk when the weather gets warmer. I told DH that I plan to go M-W-F that way I dont BURN OUT tooo fast...lol I hope this helps. I would love to bump this weight loss I have been having with my no sugar thing. Wish me luck!

Shy Moment
02-22-2008, 06:02 PM
Still
Nice going. Hope you enjoy the gym.

Brighten
Bet you are very happy with yourself. Wtg on the weight loss.

Nikki
Might be a good idea to ask your doctor about the alli

Brighten
02-24-2008, 11:44 AM
Thanks Shy...it does feel good to keep losing even if it is slow going this time. I am praying this slow way (counting calories/fats) instead of fad dieting will finally get me to a normal (for me) goal and keep it there once and for all. I pray that for all of us. I want you to know, I hold you all up in prayer...not every day but whenever I think about it for sure!

Good for you Still! We have a gym/spa right across from where we live but I dropped my membership (DH is religeous about it) but when I feel I am ready I will re-join. You inspire me!

Nikki did you get started on Alli? Join us, we're a good group of caring Alli supporters.

Sis, we did go golfing yesterday and it was great...put over 9,000 steps on my ped! Off to church this morning.

Love you,

Brighten

Tammy
02-24-2008, 08:04 PM
Still, you are doing great with the weight loss!! Keep it up!! Have fun at the gym. When I get home, I'll be back to the Y like I was before we left.

Bionic, you sure had alot of rose bushes!! I don't blame you for wanting less to take care of. Congrats on the pound!

Brighten, congrats on your loss also!

Shy, how's it going?

We took our son to the airport earlier. He called from Atlanta a while ago when he was changing planes. He call us when he gets into Indianapolis and again when he gets back to where he goes to school. We had a wonderful time with him here.

Welcome to Nikki!!

Florida Native
02-24-2008, 08:35 PM
I'm thinking this may have been answered before but rather than try to read a ton of threads, I figured I'd just ask!! Sorry for a potential repeat!

I am thinking of starting Alli. I am very nervous about the side effects I have read about...especially the explosive diarhea thing. Has anyone had any real problems? Does Alli really help? What are your thoughts on Alli?

Also, I mainly don't have time to keep up an exercise routine. I do what I can. Is it necessary to be really physically active in order to use this? I diet now and lose weight okay but wanted to try Alli to lose more.

Shy Moment
02-24-2008, 08:55 PM
Florida
From what I have seen those that stay within the guide lines of fat don't tend to have problems with the Alli. As far as the exercise goes. You can do a 1 mile walking/aerobics video in about 20 min. There is never an excuse to not exercise lol. Think about it this way, people find time to visit friends, watch tv and go out to party. Do any of those things help you become a more healthy toned person? If a person can find time for those things, they can find time a few times a week to exercise :)

Tammy
Things are going pretty darn good. Same old same old. I have started spring cleaning so have been busy lol.

Florida Native
02-24-2008, 09:10 PM
Yeah...the only thing on that list I am guilty of is watching TV and that's at night when it's too dark to go out exercising. But I do hear what you're saying. I just don't want it to seem like I make excuses but I am a full-time, hard worker and college student. I really don't have a social life. I go to church and talk to people while at work or school and that's it. I study when I'm not at work or not at school and I reward myself with TV at night if I have time. I know I need to join a gym but I live alone and don't have the money right now and have had bad experiences with paying for it and not going. So, yeah, I'll try to wake up early on the weekends and go walking or something but that's really not that much exercise...not like what I think i should be doing if I go on Alli or compared to others. For now, i guess I will stick with what I'm doing and leave Alli to others.

Shy Moment
02-24-2008, 10:58 PM
Florida
I do feel for you. I can remember the time I was a full time college student and had two children under the age of four to take care of. Keeping the house clean and being involved with church sure took a lot of hours. Alli is a great tool. It helps many people give a boost to their weight loss.

Florida Native
02-25-2008, 08:52 AM
I'm glad you can relate. I think that's why I like 3FC so much. I don't feel judged, I feel understood. I'm scared to start Alli and not be doing the proper amount of exercise. I think I will wait until this semester is over, get on a good routine, and then reconsider Alli. I will only be taking one class during the summer and I think I can juggle it all then! :)

I haven't updated my ticker yet but just now I found out I lost three more pounds last week! That puts me to 15 pounds lost! :carrot: I'm so excited. I can't remember the last time I was 165!!! My co-worker is also trying to lose by doing Nutrisystem (is that what it's called?) but she has a hard time sticking to it because it's gross. Lol. She can't believe I'm losing weight and barely exercising. I told her I plan to start that "interval" training soon but right now, I'm just getting my eating to be more healthy. I don't do fast food AT ALL and pack my lunches for work and dinners for school. Just doing that has allowed my weight loss so far but I'm sure it can't last forever....

Thanks for your advice!!

StillTryin
02-25-2008, 12:07 PM
Florida, good luck with your plan....you will do great.

Well I went to the gym for the first time in FOREVER! Was only there for 30 minutes because I have to go before work and that is all the time I can spare for now, but I hope to up it eventually to an hour. Our GYM opens at 6am and I have to be home to shower by 6:45 (ish) so I hope eventually I can talk hubby into taking our little one to the sitter so I can do the whole hour and then just get ready for work without the extra stop.
I did 15min on the elliptical (10 min forward 5 min backwards) then 20 min on the recumbrant bike (i think that is what it is called). I had rubber legs when I headed out the door so I must have done something right..lol I feel better now, I went home and showered and came to work. Feel good, then about an hour ago I slipped and fell on the ice (OUCH!). But I dont think I really hurt anything...my upper back is sore right between my shoulder blades, but that should go away, im sure.
My gym plan is to go Mon-Wed-Fri, then hopefully get into going daily eventually..lol We shall see. I didnt weigh today. I am going to wait until next monday, that will give me a full week of the gym to see if anything happens.

Bionic Beach Babe
02-25-2008, 03:50 PM
Shy: So proud of you for going to the gym with your busy life...Once you get in the habit of going, you will find you must do it or not feel as good.
Oh my, just read you fell...Oh for shame...I hope you get over the fall fast and not hold you back.

Florida: Welcome Honey...Stay with us for encouragment if nothing else...

Tammy: So glad you had a wonderful time with son home...take care.

Sis: Thank you for going to see SweetPea....We are getting very excited about picking her up and seeing you...I love you so:

Girls: I lost 5 lbs this week....HurRay!!!!of course one was that darn lb i had gained last week so I guess really 4 lbs...ah! heck, I take credit for the whole 5 lbs....making it 17 lbs down now....so happy...I got to make that 3 more lbs by the end of the month....I am trying....

StillTryin
02-25-2008, 03:57 PM
Bionic, that is great 5 lbs!!!! WOW

Yeah my back is hurting from the fall now...I may have to rest a bit tonight and sit in the jacuzzi (aww shucks). But I am already looking forward to wednesday morning at the gym! So that is good!

Bionic Beach Babe
02-25-2008, 03:58 PM
Girls: Notice the latest picture of SweetPea in her new bed that
Sis took to her....Sis says Sweet Pea is a Rolly Polie...I love her already and can hardly wait to get her the end of March...She is bearly 3 weeks old now...

Shy Moment
02-25-2008, 04:46 PM
Florida
Nice going on the weight loss. I can understand why you feel good about yourself. Just seeing a bit of weight come off makes all of us feel good. You are doing some great things. No fast food, packing your lunch. All those things make a difference. Calories in calories out that is what it is all about. We all find what works for us and that is what we do. Sometimes it seems hard to fit everything in. At times, I sure can understand that. Many people say they don't exercise at all and they lose weight. For me, I haven't lost any more weight while I am exercising than I did before I started exercising. Maybe this is because I am gaining muscle and losing fat all at the same time. Exercise is important. It helps to burn off fat and make good muscles. I hope it helps me tone as I go along so when I get where I want to be I look like I want to look lol. It is good for the heart and lungs. What we are doing isn't just about losing weight. It is about becoming a healthy person. A little exercise is better than no exercise just keep that in mind. Alli is a great tool ( if you can use it ) to help boost that weight loss. For some, it is a physiological tool as well as a physical tool. Exercise is more than going to the gym or walking a track. Walk when you can, take the steps instead of the elevator. Don't use that remote get up and change the channel. I have always had a handicap ticket. I walk when the weather isn't to cold. It all helps. lol some people love nutrasystem some hate it. I think it all depends on ones taste buds. I understand about money too, I don't belong to a gym. I have a few walking/aerobic videos and a set of dumbbells.

Still
Good for you. I hope things go well at the gym. Just remember give things time. We didn't gain the weight over night and we sure aren't going to lose it over night. Your body is going to feel so good getting the exercise in. Just getting the muscles stretched makes you feel good. Sure hope you are feeling better after that fall. I remember my mother fell one time. She was probably 250lbs. I was a bit worried. She said to me, you know I found something out. I said what. She said, fat people don't bounce. I will never forget that and it makes me laugh every time I think about her saying that. I sure know I never bounced lol.

Bionic
WOW 5lbs that is terrific. I am plugging away at 1lb a week lol. I don't belong to a gym. I can't afford that. I do a 1 to 2 mile walking/aerobic video in the morning and a 1 to 2 mile walking/aerobic video in the evening Monday - Friday. Mon, Wed, and Fri I do 40 mins of resistance training with either dumbbells or stretchy cords. This really doesn't take as much time as you would think between 50 to 90 min a day. I also use the Leslie Sansone toning videos. We found we can go to the local tennis/pool club for about 160 dollars a year and since my daughter plays tennis and they give free tennis lessons we might go there and split the cost between us. She will get the advanced lessons and I will be taught how to hit the ball lol. While she practices ( her tennis team at school also uses those courts to practice and have games on ) I can use the pool. I do know when the knee is acting up and I can't do my routine I really hate it. Feels so good to get the body moving.

Bionic Beach Babe
02-25-2008, 07:02 PM
Shy: Hey girl, looking at your graph, you are doing one very fine job...Hubby and I can go to the water class 3 days per week for only $46.00 per month...thats such a good price...I wished I weighted what you do now....someday I hope...I'll tell you something right now...If and when i get it off I plan to weigh every day and nip any gain right away....At least that is my plan now...

My pain level is about an 8 today even with the pain pill....so tired some days of the pain but I couldn't remember if I took the pain pill or not so have to suffer and find out...Forgive me for crying on your backs, but sometimes you get have to get it off your mind and share it....thanks for listening.

I go tomorrow to find out about my Mamogram....this pain is right behind my boob which I have fallen on twice...not the one I had Cancer in....

Oh well, I am happy about my weight loss and trying to stay positive...

i did go to water class this morning and walked my mile this afternoon....tired and going to go lie down....

Best to everyone....Love and cheers...Lu

Bionic Beach Babe
02-25-2008, 07:11 PM
LAUGH FOR THE DAY:
A lady goes to the doctor for her yearly exam...First question she is asked is "How much do you weight?" She answered "110 lb."
The nurse weighs her and says "Wrong, you weight 140 lbs....

Next question, "How tall are you?" "She answered 5ft 8 inches."
Nurse measures her height and says, "Wrong again, you are 5ft 5"

Nurse takes her Blood Pressure and says, "Your Blood Pressure is quite high".
The lady screams and says "Of course it high, I came in here Slender and tall and now I'm Short and fat !!!"

Hope this makes all of you smile and laugh for the day...love ya, Lu

Shy Moment
02-25-2008, 08:38 PM
Bionic
I checked at the local Y for the water classes, this was something I really wanted to do for my body. 25 dollars a week for 3 days a week. No wonder they built the Y in the expensive part of town lol. For me the weight was more about meads than what I ate. Oh ya sure, I got so darn big I didn't bother to watch what I was eating anymore but probably 90% of the weight gain was from the meads. I pretty much eat now the way I ate when I was thin. That isn't really true lol, I eat a ton more than when I was thin, I never ate enough. I don't do without a thing but I stay within some guide lines I have given myself. I do exercise more now than I ever did. Sure does help to make the joints feel better most days. I am so sorry you are in pain. Pain can just make a person crazy. Don't worry about complaining or needing to talk about it. I do understand. Sometimes you just need to get it out and make others appreciate what they have. A pain free life. I am saving for a nice big hot tub. Oh my gosh, doing the exercises I have for my joints and my back in the hot tub feels so darn good and the pain is usually gone for most of the evening. I have the pain pills and they are there if I need them. My problem is, I am only 46. I am going to be in the pain I am in right now probably for the rest of my life ( God made me walk and talk again so I don't generally complain about the pain ) I have pretty much been in this pain since my early 20's. If I take the darn pills now. What am I going to do about the pain 20 years from now? 8, that is some pretty serious pain after the pain pills. Does laying in a hot tub help? Day to day mine is probably 5 or 6 I do have some 8 days and on those days I walk slow and take it easy. I remember days of 10 so the 5's and 6's don't seem so bad lol. What graph were you looking at? I use to have a graph site but I can't remember where it was lol. Please let us know how the mammogram goes. The pain could be from so many things. Might be pain that is radiating from somewhere else. You are doing well on your weight loss. It just takes time. I know that is hard to hear. I sure am not taking it off fast. I look at it this way. I have 46 less lbs to lose now than I did 40 weeks ago lol.

Tammy
02-26-2008, 09:01 PM
Bionic, you are doing great with your weight loss! Have you found out about the mammogram? Hope all is well!! Loved the Laugh for the Day!!!

Still, looking forward to going to the gym is wonderful!! I was getting that way at home about the Y, so I hope I can get back into the routine when we get home.

Shy, I need to take tennis lessons with you! At the Y near us, nonmembers pay $40 for 8 (?) weeks of 3 day a week classes. Members pay $17 for the same thing. I find that a hot tub feels great when I am aching. Since we've been down here, I have had very little pain from the fibromyalgia and arthritis. Can't say much for the sinus infection that I've had here though. lol

Shy Moment
02-26-2008, 09:53 PM
Tammy
Our Y is in the town next to us. The town is full of wealthy people. Many of the middle class people that use to live in that district before it became a town have had to sell because they can't afford the taxes now. That stinks doesn't it.

barbmarie
02-26-2008, 10:51 PM
Hi all,
I have been AWOL, off the wagon for the last few weeks. Going to read the threads now and catch up on what I've missed, and will get back to you, hope all has been well!
Barb

StillTryin
02-27-2008, 11:24 AM
Well I made it to the gym today...my shoulder/back were not that bad today so I used the treadmill and the bike, figured I should avoid the elliptical since it uses more arm muscles...and that went well. I was there for 40 minutes. Did 20 on the treadmill and 20 on the bike, then came home and showered for work. I hope I can keep it up. I think if I can then I will drag my 15 y/o with me in a month or so that way we have some mom/daughter time together in the mornings. I dont think she will like getting up THAT early, but she will get used to it. Friday is my last day this week to go (my m-w-f plan) so hopefully I will be able to drag myself there on Friday and make 100% participation this week. I will be happy!!!!

Shy Moment
02-27-2008, 06:23 PM
Still
You are doing great. I can't even get my daughter to do my videos with me. She says they are to easy and she doesn't need them. Ya, like she doesn't need to drop a few lbs lol.

barb
Glad to see you back. Don't leave because things are going the way you want them to, please. We need you here and maybe you need us too.

Tammy
03-02-2008, 09:07 PM
Anyone still around??? I haven't had internet access for the last several days, so I haven't been able to check. I guess it's time to start the March Thread? I'll do that if anyone is still interested in continuing the thread.

Shy Moment
03-03-2008, 12:52 AM
tammy
I am around and finaly home. I told everyone, don't call me, I will call you lol.