South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 07:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tt's the Weekend on the Beach!

HAPPY GROUNDHOG'S DAY! I don't know if Puxatawny Phil has seen his shadow or not, but either way we still have 6 more weeks of winter ahead.

I slept in and am just sitting here enjoying my coffee and thinking about what we're going to do today. I have a feeling DD and the girls will come out for the day, that would be nice. I should drive over there to visit them, but I'm beginning to hate that drive on the expressway.

What are your plans for the day?
Old 02-02-2008, 08:04 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

I didn't even realize today was Groundhog's Day. We have a nutria we go by here (Pierre C. Shadeaux) but I haven't seen what he had to "say" about when spring will be here yet.

I got up early to get some work done, had a couple of cups of coffee and did my fluidity exercises. whew. No idea what is on the books for the rest of the day...and no idea what we will eat today either. Guess we'll just play it by ear. My husband and Mom are still asleep and son is off somewhere...nice and quiet.

I tried a black bean brownie recipe last night that turned out very good. posted it in the black bean brownie thread.

Last edited by femmecreole; 02-02-2008 at 08:19 AM.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:20 AM   #3  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Good Saturday Ground hog morning!!!!

Got the fur baby to the barber shop for his bath haircut & teeth clean then it's off to the grocery store for this weeks food and we will end it with a trip to the mall to pay some cc payments and for me to look for a black dress shirt.

It's aweful cold here this morning sure hope it warms up

Whats going on in your day????
Old 02-02-2008, 08:49 AM   #4  

I am just waking up. Good Morning and Happy Groundhogs Day!!

I think we are going to take the kids to the zoo today.

Coffee...Need Coffee

I am going to be brave a try the SBD belgian waffle this morning for breakfast.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Tammie
Old 02-02-2008, 08:54 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks, again another quickie, it seems that is all I have time for. We got the rain and freezing rain last night, they cancled dance to I didn't have to go work the office. DD's stayed at the great grandmothers last night with thier grandmother and cousin. DH just went to town to pick them up then back to get me so we can go to town and get this weeks food supply. Have not been eating that great so I need a kick in the pants and get moving. Well I have to dash and hit the shower I promised I would be ready when he got home. I think we may go to a friends house as well for coffee/tea and a visit. Take care and have a great day.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:39 AM   #6  

Morning gals!

Happy Saturday. I am sitting enjoying my coffee watching CNN in silence! The girls spent the night at my mom's last night. Rob had to work, so I had a lovely quiet, boring evening to myself. It was great and I feel very rested today.

Cottage You and your kids are so much like my mom and I. We spend time together doing "whatever" as often as we can.

LC You can do it girl!!

Femme Something tells me that you will come up with something tasty to eat. You always cook the yummiest sounding things.

Gonna Good luck on your quest for the perfect black shirt!

Tammy Let us know how the waffle turns out. I haven't tried that one yet.

Me- Going to go get the girls in a bit- we promised them a trip to IKEA. Abigail LOVES IKEA. We drop her off in the playland and then pick her up for the $1.99 swedish meatball lunch. She is a crack-up. After that, just home for naps and cleaning.

Things are not good at all here on the marriage front. Please pray for us. I am trying very hard to keep my head up and stay strong for my kids, but my heart is breaking. I have been praying, praying, praying for peace and resolution.

I am attaching the most recent picture of my girlies. The oldest is 6 and the youngest 2 1/2. Abigail one 2nd place in the kindergarten science fair, so here she is standing by her project.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RSCN2929.jpg (20.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2948.jpg (29.8 KB, 15 views)
Old 02-02-2008, 09:56 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/165/150

Height: 5"6'

KikoAwww. They're adorable. What did she do for a science project?

tammieI like the waffle recipe. Just don't make the same mistake I did. Check your waffle maker, if it's not the belgian waffle type, only use half the batter at once. I have a tigger/pooh waffle maker that makes two waffles. I used all the batter at once. It spilled out and ran all over my counter, down the cabinets, etc.

I dropped my son off at the basketball clinic, so I have a free half hour or so to sip my coffee. Then off to a birthday party at the local ice rink. Poor kid has never ice skated in his life. I hope he likes it. Why is it there's no b-day parties for months then BOOM three in one month.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:58 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quick hi and to the new Beachies!

I'm home but kind of living from Tylenol3 to Tylenol3. The doc did a whole lot more work than expected and I'm pretty darn sore but will pop in when I can.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:12 AM   #9  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Ruth!!!!!
Wonderful to hear from you! Been thinking about you a lot and wondering how you were doing. Take it easy and get all healed up so you can enjoy spring!!!!
Old 02-02-2008, 10:14 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chickies!
Hi Ruth! Feel better soon!!
I forgot it was Groundhog Day too cottage.
have fun at the zoo Tammie.
Cat, enjoy your quiet morning. Wish I had gotten up early like you. Now the weekend will just go too fast.
Kiko, good to see you here. I'm sorry about your troubles. You and your cuties take care.
Neko, I would love a Pooh and Tigger waffle! How cute.
LC and Gonna, hope you have a good day of running.

I don't know what's the matter with me, I didn't wake up until 9:30. The cats kept trying to get me up for breakfast, but I thought it was still early and kept going back to sleep. I'm home alone, so there was no noise to wake me this morning. Poor cats, they finally gave up, I think they thought I was dead. They looked pretty traumatized when I got up.
Confession time, I cracked at my mom's last night, she had made an amazing dessert, and I had some. I wish I would get sick when I indulge like others say they do, but I don't. It was awesome, I enjoyed the **** out of it, and it didn't bother my stomach at all. Wish I hadn't now, but oh well, no looking back, only looking forward.
Well, I had planned to get out early while I had no kids and get some new tires, which I desperately need, so I guess I'll go try and get that done now. Then I want to come home and try and finish the wallpapering in the bathroom (that was started about a year ago by DD!).

Last edited by Schmoodle; 02-02-2008 at 10:14 AM.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:42 AM   #11  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

good morning. nothing much here. we were supposed to go Logan's steakhouse last night but ended up going to buffalo wild wings instead. I did pretty good too. I only ate the grilled naked chicken tenders with no sauce. I pretty much stayed on plan yesterday but got busy in the middle but didn't have lunch. I tried to fried moz sticks----yummy!!!! i even made the hot chocolate which was pretty good too. And for breakfast, i made the sausage and cheese cups---that was really good. I didn't think i would like any of it but it was good.

I'm gonna stay on plan for day 2 of phase 1. I did good yesterday and I'm trying to talk my DH into trying SBD also. He's not fat, he just can't lose weight in his stomach. He's hispanic and loves his fried foods.

Ruth--good to hear from you.
tammie--the zoo sounds like fun
kikko--cute kids.
everyone else--have a good day.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:51 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hey everyone! Hope you're all having a happy Saturday. DH and I slept a little late, so we're running late on our Saturday morning errands. I'll be coming back to see you all after we get home!
Old 02-02-2008, 11:05 AM   #13  

Change in plans. LOL No sugar free syrup so didn't do the waffles. We are going to Zoo tomorrow and cleaning house today. Hubby wanted to just hang out around home today.

Take care I am back to the kitchen...I hate cleaning the kitchen!!!

Tammie
Old 02-02-2008, 11:08 AM   #14  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

i just made the southwest breakfast scramble.....yummmmo. i didn't put as much taco seasoning that it calls for, which i should have. the flavor isn't as strong but it's good. next time i will use the recommended amount.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:48 AM   #15  

Morning All!

By the time I get up and get here you're all off and running and the coffee's cold. Maybe some morning I'll surprise myself and get up extra early just to say hello. Hope you all have a great day!
Closed Thread