Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2002, 06:02 PM   #1  

Angry Fibromyalgia #47

Ally, I found the perfect man for you. Please take a look.

http://www.lolfun.com/fun/chia_man.cfm

Now ladies, I got a new 2002 Honda CRV in red. It has a camel interior and it is quite beautiful. I love the CRV. The new one is a lot wider and longer than my old one. They have made many improvements to it - all to the good. NOW! if I could just drive it. I did take it out on the highway for a LITTLE spin and it rides so nice.

Swelling in the arm has gone way down. Just still really quite swollen around the elbow. See what the Dr. says on Tuesday. I think I will have to start all over again at ww. I haven't been able to do any exercise. Somedays I think I should just get my jaw wired shut

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend.
Old 02-10-2002, 10:18 AM   #2  

Default Hello

Anne-my daughter got her new Honda CRV yesterday!!!!Loves it. Nervous about getting it scratched. Ally-take it from me -You HAVE to make your expectations known!!!!!I wanted a ring from my husband -never told him and didn't get it until I told him. Brad-I told him I didn't want a ring but I have a cross with 11 diamonds-I didn't tell him that but I sort of knew I would get something with diamonds. We went to a railroad museum yesterday and then we went into a needlework show-Today we are going to my church this morning and a Baptist service tonight. At 63, I am glad it's so easy-too old to go through all that stuff again. I also dated someone that I did everything he wanted-ended up breaking up with him-I didn't think that relationship could be saved-it was too one sided. Anyhow-he was 13 years older. That's advice from Gail. Be good everyone and hi. Mima
Old 02-10-2002, 01:12 PM   #3  

Happy....with my luck I would be allergic to Chia man and end up with a rash you know where....
Well, we had a nice dinner and more. We never had any problems in the bedroom and as long as we never leave there we'll do fine.
Hey guys....I have lost an inch at least on my waist since I got this treadmill....
Old 02-10-2002, 04:11 PM   #4  

Default Hey There

Anna- A new red car...WOW!.. You are coming along great.. Don't worry about WW .You will get right back into it. Just go to the meetings. I found it hard to go back after being away for awhile ,but , it turned out just fine...
Mima.. It is amazing how much we have learned over the years.. Our kids sometimes think we are reversing rolls. Not Yet..
Ally.. I bet if you lost an inch in the waist you lost it in the behind too.. I think walking is the best exercise of all. I can't do the impact exercises anymore.
It is raining and my hip joints are screaming so I think it is time to find a quiet spot. My advil too...Bye ..Joanne
Old 02-11-2002, 03:18 AM   #5  

I'm hurting so gonna go take a hot bath and wash my hair!
Old 02-11-2002, 09:18 AM   #6  

Default Hi

Hi guys!!!!Had a great day yesterday and spent 1/2 of it in church!!!!Weather is warm but cloudy, sort of different than last year when it was sunny every day. Brad is feeling much better. How are you feeling, Anne. I am still achy but have been eating stuff I'm allergic too. But we went to an Italian place for lunch-awesome!!!Ate the rest for dinner. Don't know what we are doing today-maybe the beach!!!See ya later. Mima
Old 02-12-2002, 01:19 AM   #7  

Must be nice to just "loaf" all day long!!! I wouldn't know since I'm a "working grandmother"!!!

Joanne...advil works for you? The only thing that helps me besides Darvocet is Alieve and it doesn't always work.

Anne...congrats on the new CRV...they are really nice. (But I really like my Montana!) Hope you are feeling better!

Hey Candice...which helped the most...the bath or the shampoo???

Ally...so why did you break up with your boyfriend before?

I am now an Avon eRepresentative. Go visit my page and see what's new at Avon. If you want something it's really easy to order and they will deliver it right to your door!!! I love their lotions and face creams!!! Especially the Anew line. But they have so much more than just makeup and lotions now...you really should go take a look!

http://www.youravon.com/emaxwell/

I'm going to wait a few more pounds before I put a picture of myself on the homepage!!!
Old 02-12-2002, 09:39 AM   #8  

Default Hey There

Memi- Sounds like you are enjoying your stay in Florida... We have had nice weather. I wonder if we are going to ever have winter. Shorts one week,warm clothes the next..
Meme.. I take Advil because it is all that is around. I don't like to take anything addicting . I also have a stomach that screams when I take too much medication. I am limited and can't take any of the arthritic drugs anymore.
Candice.. Hope you are feeling better.
How are you Happy?
Ally... Hope you are having a good day.
I have to go to the Dr. today. I think he is going to try and put me back on colesterol medication. I am not going to take it. It should get interesting in his office. Usually when he says something,he thinks that is the end of it. Not this time. There are too many side effects for me to ignore. I have already had my share.
Bye you all...Joanne
Old 02-12-2002, 11:09 AM   #9  

Default Hello

Joanne-I think the cholesterol med is the way to go. If your ch. is high after all that walking, you need it. I was on it and I got pains but if mine goes back up, they will try a new one. Brad is on one and he's fine. He is helping my son with the remodeling of his house-installing the ice machine in the new fridge. Alison will be happy because she can get water from sitting in her chair. It's nice here-too cool for the beach. Hope we can go Friday. Tomorrow night we are going to play cards with friends next door and from back home. We were sitting at the pool talking 2 years ago and found out we lived right near each other at home. How are you Happy. Hey Meme, I'm 63 years old and worked 34 years bringing up 3 kids mostly by myself so I don't feel too guilty with my leisure. But I still like to work and keep busy. I don't get to care for grandchildren at home but soon I will have a house again but someone to help me with it. I just did a bunch of housework-that should keep til my daughter comes down. I love being down here but Brad and I have so much stuff to do at home. And he loves to work so I'll have to keep busy. Have a great day everyone. Hey Ally, how are things with the old beau? And how are you feeling Candice. Hi all!!!Bye for now. Mima
Old 02-12-2002, 02:51 PM   #10  

Mima...I was just joking!!! Believe me...if I could FIND any leisure I'd take it!!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2002, 02:58 PM   #11  

Well, I went to the chiro yesterday and he said the alignment was holding. Today my lower back is really sore, so it must have come unaligned. I have to go back and see him on Friday again. Went to the Dr. this morning. He did not x-ray it as it is still swollen and he believes it is some kind of Bursitis. I can't remember the name he called it, but due to the accident. My neck still hurts when I turn it certain ways and it is kind of weak right now. Anyway, he asked if I wanted to go to physio or to the chiro and I have chosen the chiro. Physio has NEVER, EVER, worked for me. He also thinks that the accident is responsible for the hip pain I am having right now.

Ally - hope you enjoying your new found romance. I hope it works out for you, if that is what you want.

Mima - hope the weather gets nice and warm so you can go to the beach. That weather is still a few months away from here, although it is around 50 above and that is wonderful. Good thing Brad has something to occupy his time. My hubby would be awful with nothing to do. He is a bad holidayer.

Meme - Hope you finally got feeling better. How did the singing go the other day or was that over a whole week ago I hope Ross is doing better. The picture you posted of the kids was great. To bad you cut off grandpa

Candice - are you in the middle of a FM flare, or is your arm hurting or what is going on with you. I hope you are feeling better.

Joanne - Hi. I hope your cholestrol is ok. Lots of time it is hereditary and nothing you do will bring it down.

What happened to all the new people?

Now, I am not sure, but I think I have GAINED weight. I have not changed my eating really, but I have been taking a few pain meds, and I think it is fluid retention. I sure hope so. I won't go to ww until next week, as I should be able to drive by then.

Here is a replica of my new car. I really like it, although I can't drive it. It is really nice to ride in.
Old 02-12-2002, 06:35 PM   #12  

Candice...that little cocker spaniel in your picture is my Daisy.
Happy...Nice wheels!!!!
I think I might be losing a little angst weight....got way too much stress going on...
exhubby needs back surgery on Friday and he has no one to rely on but me. Today he called me at work and asked if I would be his POA.... I said "do you think you are going to be in a coma for a year???" I should NOT be taking on this responsibility but he really does not have a clue and he has no one else. He is my clingon.
Remember the guy who went back to his wife? He wants to go out for lunch. Things aren't working out.
The old boyfriend? He wants to have his cake and eat it too. Don't all men? I am just sitting around checking out all my options. Don't want anyone right now.
Old 02-13-2002, 01:23 AM   #13  

Whew...an X with a bad back, a guy with a bad marriage and another one with cake on his face...what a delima! (And on top of all that...twin teens...all of a sudden my grandchildren are looking pretty good!!!)

Anne...I REALLY like the car...but...like I said...I love my VAN!!! Sorry you are in pain...hope the doctors can help!

Well...tonight was the last of the singing engagements for a while...I'm relieved...didn't forget any words and actually hit all the high notes! (The Karaoke Machine I bought last week helped with that...I was able to lower the music a little.) Hope everybody has a great Valentines...our Banquet was tonight...that's what I sang at. We had a good time. I have to work on Thursday night so hubby is taking me out Friday night instead.
Old 02-13-2002, 06:54 AM   #14  

Anyone watching the Olympics??????????????? The Canadian's got robbed of a gold medal! So much we don't know that goes on! I loved their outfits in the opening ceremonies!

I have been reverse banking the last 3 days to cover some cookie crumbs I ate!....oh no. .....I just baked some more (for the boys for Valentine's Day) and ate some more but I think I have the points covered! Baking .....so hard not to sample anything

Meme...did you say you ate a whole loaf........... Well looks like you have been into the choclates!

Happy, my arms are bothering me and I have been consumed with the olympics! Lots of Fibro pain too.......so just resting when I can like Meme!

Ally...men.................so you have a cocker spaniel?? They are so cute
Mima....you relax all ya want cause you won't get any rest once you are married!

Joanne..good luck with your doc..they can be stubborn but do what you think is right!
Old 02-13-2002, 07:24 AM   #15  

Default Hello

Hey Meme, if I'm defending my leisure, I must feel guilty about it. I always want to feel like I'm contributing something but I guess helping my son out does that. Now that they have their kitchen ripped out, they might be coming to eat sometimes. Getting stuffy, hope it's not Brad's cold. We are going to the Edison-Ford estates this morning after I go to church for Ash Wed. This will be yhe 3rd time for me but I know Brad will like it and we are playing cards tonight. My friend next door lost 9 lbs the first week of WW. My other friend with the pulmonary hypertension is also going. I have stayed at goal!!!Yikes!!!My fibro is BAD. Can't swim-too cold. Need a massage. And the chiro. Remeber you don't have to be with someone to feel the love for Valentine's Day-Look for it in small children with their valentines. Alison is all excited because there is a dance after school-there is another boy in a wheelchair-hope he's there for her. Bye for now. Mima yes, the Canadians were robbed.
Closed Thread