Diet Blogs and Journal FAQ and Help Forum - q about transferring a blog

View Full Version : q about transferring a blog

suitejudyblueeyes
02-01-2008, 03:12 PM
I wonder if it's possible to transfer a blog over to 3FC? I currently have one through wordpress, which makes me think it might be possible since wordpress powers the 3FC blogs. I'd kind of like the extra traffic, ya know? ;) Is it possible? I'd rather not just start all over again....

full of grace
02-19-2008, 04:24 AM
I wonder if it's possible to transfer a blog over to 3FC? I currently have one through wordpress, which makes me think it might be possible since wordpress powers the 3FC blogs. I'd kind of like the extra traffic, ya know? ;) Is it possible? I'd rather not just start all over again....

This is a great question. One I'd like to know the answer to, too.

I just started my 3FC blog a few days ago and wanted to bring over all of my previous diet-related posts from other blogs. Right now, I have them all saved as drafts, in case that's not allowed, but I'd love to know!

:dizzy:

Suzanne 3FC
02-19-2008, 08:43 AM
There is an import option, though I've not tested it. I'll investigate :)

full of grace
02-19-2008, 05:51 PM
There is an import option, though I've not tested it. I'll investigate :)

Thank you SO MUCH! :D :hug:

suitejudyblueeyes
02-19-2008, 08:13 PM
Hey, that'd be fantastic! Importing would be the best case scenario. Thanks for looking in to it :)

Suzanne 3FC
02-21-2008, 10:40 AM
Can you tell me what version of Wordpress you have installed on your other blog?

suitejudyblueeyes
02-21-2008, 09:06 PM
Hmmm.... apparently not. I poked around on my dashboard and didn't find anything like a version identifier.

WordPress is my host (I mean, I don't have another site using a WordPress platform), so I would guess it's whatever comes standard? That's probably not very helpful. :lol:

full of grace
02-23-2008, 11:00 PM
Can you tell me what version of Wordpress you have installed on your other blog?

In case you were asking me as well, my other blogs are not Wordpress, so I was hoping to import from either plain text, HTML, Blogger, or Movable Type formats.

Also, seeing the "Journal Deleted?" thread just now makes me wonder if there is also a "backup" or "archive" or "export" option in the 3FC WordPress setup. I know in my Movable Type blog, I can create a MySQL database of everything I've ever posted--comments and trackbacks included--as well as plain-text versions of exports (which I do once a month just to keep everything archived and backed up, in case of a system outage at the server level or something).

Is this an option with the 3FC-configured WordPress setup? I see you have some settings system-wide disabled and enabled, so perhaps this is one you *can* enable?? Lemmeknow.

Again, thanks for looking into all of this! Very helpful!

full of grace
08-28-2008, 04:20 PM
Also, seeing the "Journal Deleted?" thread just now makes me wonder if there is also a "backup" or "archive" or "export" option in the 3FC WordPress setup. I know in my Movable Type blog, I can create a MySQL database of everything I've ever posted--comments and trackbacks included--as well as plain-text versions of exports (which I do once a month just to keep everything archived and backed up, in case of a system outage at the server level or something).

Is this an option with the 3FC-configured WordPress setup? I see you have some settings system-wide disabled and enabled, so perhaps this is one you *can* enable?? Lemmeknow.

Again, thanks for looking into all of this! Very helpful!

Just checking back in on this.

Was there ever any word on an import/export function being enabled for the 3FC Wordpress blogs, just so we can have everything saved/backed-up in case something goes wrong someday?

(And also so we can bring over our content from previous diet blogs?)

Thanks again for looking into this and I hope you don't feel pestered by my asking about this again. It's been a few months and I know there's been a blog upgrade this summer, so I was hoping the timing might be right to ask. :D

Thanks for all you do, regardless of whether the above is also do-able!

Suzanne 3FC
08-28-2008, 06:04 PM
:o Woops! :o

There is an import/export under the manage tab. I've not tried them out though. I can give it a whirl this evening :)

full of grace
09-05-2008, 04:04 AM
:o Woops! :o

There is an import/export under the manage tab. I've not tried them out though. I can give it a whirl this evening :)

You're a genius!

I hadn't even seen that in the new version of the blogs.

That did exactly the trick.

THANK YOU!!!!

:D :hug: