100 lb. Club - Had an idea today...

View Full Version : Had an idea today...

Switzie6
02-01-2008, 03:10 PM
I was thinking :chin: that as a reward for each pound I lose I should put aside money. Then once I hit my goal I will have money saved up to spend on all new clothes. I think it will help in two ways, one is that it will be something else that measures my success (as the weight goes down the money goes up). And secondly, I won't have to wait until I have money to get clothes, I will already have it saved. Think I'm going to start now, $5 for every pound. And no touching the money until I hit goal...no matter how long it takes!

modkittn
02-01-2008, 03:29 PM
I think its a great idea!

rockinrobin
02-01-2008, 03:52 PM
That's a GREAT idea!!! And boy oh boy are you going to have fun buying those new clothes. :)

THE Heather
02-01-2008, 03:57 PM
That is an absolutely FABULOUS idea. And useful too :D

Good luck. I think I might steal that idea....:o

Cassie501107
02-01-2008, 04:13 PM
I love that idea...I may have to steal it myself.;)

famograham
02-01-2008, 04:13 PM
I think it's a great idea too, because those clothes are going to cost a bunch!!!

Not last September, but the one before, my MIL made me a proposition.

She offered to give me $100.00 a POUND!!!! I guess I wasn't ready at the time...because I didn't make it past a few pounds. But I was talking to her on the phone the other day and told her I've lost 10 pounds so far :)
I'm hoping that proposition will magically reappear, but I'm certainly not going to ask!!!

Robin41
02-01-2008, 04:42 PM
I started out doing that. I did $10 a pound until I got to 199 lbs. and I've been doing $20 a pound ever since. At some point I changed it from a clothes fund to a buy a road bike fund. I've always wanted to ride and thought it would be a great reward to help keep me in shape.

It's been really motivating to watch it pile up. I keep it in an old metal Christmas cookie container; I like the irony of it.

LesliesMom
02-01-2008, 05:50 PM
That's a great idea. My fiance buys scratch off lottery tickets and mysteriously one will appear on the table for me to scratch after I am done working out. He's not into them, but he gets them for me and it's fun. A little reward after the work out. The money from those goes into the clothes fund as well. I like the paying yourself per pound idea though. I think I will add that.

Angie

Lovely
02-01-2008, 06:43 PM
Fantastic idea! Keep it up!

Healthy Mama
02-01-2008, 06:56 PM
I was thinking along the same lines! I actually have a list in my bed side journal of all the rewards I am going to buy myself at each "mini goal" weight. The first 20lbs I am going to go get cool new highlights in my hair, the next 10 I am getting a manicure, I think I have a facial at 50lbs (you can see what floats my boat - the spa!). For my 100lb victory I am planning on getting 2 tattoo's. One that says Believe and the other that says Larsen (my son). I have no idea which body part these are going on. We'll just have to see which one looks the best by that time! ;)