Fitness Videos - Walk Away The Pounds ****February Chat

cbmare
02-01-2008, 12:24 PM
Good morning all you wonderful walkers! It's a new month!

We need to side step, knee lift and kick our way to a more wonderful us for Valentine's Day this month.

Come on it and let's do it together. Who will lose the most this month?

cbmare
02-01-2008, 12:26 PM
I got carried away and was still posting in the January thread. :lol:

I overslept this morning. So, no workout for me. I don't know if I'll be able to get off work early today to get one in before dinner.

sotypical
02-01-2008, 04:44 PM
Happy Feb!

I slept in a bit this morning cuz I was tired, but I still did 25 min on my bike and 1 fast mile from the 5 mile advanced dvd :)

Shy Moment
02-01-2008, 06:19 PM
Well I won't lose the most this month so I will forget about that BUT I did 1704 min of exercise last month so I will just remember that and be proud. It is getting a bit cold now so NOW is the time for the vidoes. I like it to be a bit cool when I do my exercise.

mj5
02-02-2008, 11:47 AM
Hi everyone! Work has been super hectic and I have been battling w/ my knee again. ICK! I finally called my ortho and made an appt to get it checked out, so it has to be bad! LOL! I am going to at least try to do a mile this afternoon--even if I have to slow my pace, it will be something!

I am so proud of my hubby! He did a 1 mile walk yesterday through our on demand exercise tv. He is totally feeling it in his legs today. I have been telling him about the great workouts and he finally tried for himself! YEA! Now maybe we can do some together!

Keep going! We can all do this!!!

cbmare
02-02-2008, 12:46 PM
I got up this morning determined to work out. After my 1 hr sit time for the Fosamax, I did the Walk Slim 2 Fast Miles. I think I may try and squeeze in 1 more this afternoon because boobalah wants to start up again.

mj, boobalah was working out with me until he got a lung infection. The coldness in the backroom was too much for him this morning. Good luck with your knee.

cathyxxx
02-02-2008, 05:31 PM
hey gang :wave:

i didn't get up in time for a workout before work yesterday and today I had to clean house. so my 6 hours of cleaning was my exercise for the day. one of these days i'm gonna wear my pedometer when i clean to see how many miles i walk while cleaning, but anyway, that's it for today.

hope everybody has a great weekend!
hugs
cathy

Michele L
02-02-2008, 07:57 PM
I haven't had TIME for a workout for a couple of days, so I made sure to do one today! I chose the 2 mile Brisk Walk with the stretchie. It's not as demanding as the Walk Slim workouts, but it's great for when I'm short on time and/or energy!

Michele L
02-03-2008, 04:52 PM
I made sure to get my workout in before the big game (even though I only watch it for the commercials)! I did the 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk with 2 pound soft weights followed by the 1 mile easy Walk with the stretchie. It felt great and now I can say I've walked 2 days in a row, which hasn't happened in 2 weeks!

limeswirls
02-03-2008, 05:17 PM
I started my diet 01/30/08 and I have been walking a mile each day since that day except I've decided to take Sundays off.

cbmare
02-03-2008, 07:45 PM
:welcome: limeswirls. You've come to a great place. 3FC has been a life line for many of. Please feel free to side step back into this thread any time!

I got some new inserts for my shoes yesterday. My feet have started bothering me again. I can wear them only a few hours each day. However, instead of walking with Leslie, we went around both floors of the mall today. I ended up walking about 2 hours. I think that's enough for my aching feet.

Grumbleworts
02-03-2008, 08:59 PM
I haven't done anything in three days, due to a migraine, but hopefully I can get back on the "wagon" tomorrow. :)

Shy Moment
02-03-2008, 09:38 PM
Grumble
Migraines can make the whole world stop. Hope you are feeling better soon and can get back on track.

cb
Inserts can make the world of difference. I finally found a pair of shoes today. size 2 but they fit pretty good. Couldn't find anything smaller with any kind of arch or support at all. Going to wear thick socks lol.

lime
That is wonderful. You will really see the difference. I have been doing at least a one mile walking aerobic video for probably 8 months and for at least the last 4 months maybe more 3 miles of walking videos 5 times a week. The difference in the tone of my body is terrific.

Michele
Terrific. Makes you feel good doesn't it. I watch the commercials on msn.com can't wait to see them.

cathy
Getting the body moving is real important. Up and down the stairs a few dozen times is really good for the thighs too lol.

mj
Glad you are going to have that knee checked out. I have problems with my one knee and one hit from time to time. I do the videos but I do them at my pace. Just walk slow or fast it gets the body moving.

sxulcmnky
02-04-2008, 10:04 AM
<- been out of the loop... did my walks while in SD... brought my videos with me

i fell off track for a couple of days though... so i'm back on today... tonight = 2 mile express or 3 miles (depending if i remember to take out my dvd from my laptop here at work before i leave)

cbmare
02-04-2008, 10:38 AM
I got up and did the 1 Mile Walk Away The Waist with the belt.

Grumble, pack your head in ice. It does help with the migraines. I used to get them all the time. I would put an ice bag on my head and it would really help.

sotypical
02-04-2008, 12:50 PM
sat - I did nothing - my break day
sun - I did 35 min on my rebounder

And this morning my legs were sore so I wanted a slower work out so I decided to do the walk strong, I realized about half way through that wasn't the best choice! LOL but I finished it, and then I did the 1 mile advanced with the hand weights - so a total of 3 miles, and then I rode my bike for 15 min - lol, so much for sore legs slowing me down. Hope I don't regret it later!

limeswirls - welcome and good luck!

sapphireheather
02-04-2008, 12:54 PM
I'm fairly new to these forum (just joined last week) and I wanted to jump in and say hello! I love the WATP videos. I own a few and have a few on the way from Amazon as we speak. I'm a workout video junkie, so I rotate them in with my Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and yoga. :) But, I find lately, that I"m doing the WATP videos more than the others, especially on days when I can't get to the gym and do the elliptical or treadclimber.

Shy Moment
02-04-2008, 02:42 PM
Sapphire
You will find many Leslie junkies here lol. Today is a 1 mile day. By the time I am done I will have done 10, 1 miles ( picked the 10 I like the best out of the 20 I have ). I mile at a time. Sometimes the 1 miles are fun.

sapphireheather
02-04-2008, 03:54 PM
Thanks Shy. On the nights when my husband is at work I like to do a 4 mile before bed. I'm waiting on my 5 mile to get here. I'm really excited about it! :) They are great workouts!

Shy Moment
02-04-2008, 03:59 PM
I have nothing to do today. I am bored lol. House is clean, laundry is done, bakeing is done. There is nothing to do. I will keep going those 1 miles videos all day. Gives me something to do.

cbmare
02-04-2008, 04:10 PM
Hello, Sapphire. My name is mare and I'm a Leslie junkie.

You will find a lot of support for you on here.

I wish I could stay home and do more Leslie's. The <insert your favorite bleep here> mortgage company won't just give me my house. So, I have to work to pay those people.

Shy Moment
02-04-2008, 04:24 PM
cb
When I was a young girl my mother gave me one and only one good piece of advice. She told me, " Girl, if you have to pay bills you don't need a husband." lol. I have lived by those words of wisdom my whole life. Not to say when he was layed off I didn't go to work to help make ends meet until he found another good job because I sure did. We live within what he brings home; that is why I can " as people think " stay home and do nothing but eat bon bons and drink shirley temples all day.

sotypical
02-04-2008, 05:51 PM
Shy don't you get bored?

Man, I love my job and I love making money! Sometimes I wish I could just sit at home all day, but if I sat at home all day I would end up doing what I do at work anyway! Maybe if I could work half days? LOL

I spend too much money for my boyfriend to support us, but for our age we live a pretty good life - make decent money.

If only the house would clean itself, then life would be SOO much easier! Especially when I take on side work, the house work has been slacking the last few weeks! Work 40 hours and then I put in another 40 or so on a side project the house needs to be cleaned BAAADLY - but my computer is broken so I got lots of spare time till it's fixed, hahaha.

LynseyLikes2Lose
02-04-2008, 06:57 PM
I just finished the 5 Mile Advanced Walk. I am a sweaty pig. I drank a whole bottle of water during the workout too.

Does anyone else pump it up a little? On the slower miles I use the walk band and stretchy more than she does to get a little more out of it. I also jog to ALL of the up 2 and back 2's. Sometimes I do a tap or something during the side steps too.

Anyone else? Is this bad? I just feel if I'm doing it and I'm not sore I might as well REALLY do it.

Shy Moment
02-04-2008, 08:42 PM
Lynsey
If I am going to be doing more than 1 or 2 videos a day I sometimes mix it up a bit. I use dumbbells all through the video or a stretch or a stretchy cord with handles. Just something to add a bit more to the video. I sometimes do the golf putt instead of the kick backs and like to do the out out in in instead of the knee lifts. Both of those do more for the inner upper thigh than the kick backs and knee lifts. I do be very carefull how much I add because you can hurt yourself and not even relize it when you are doing it.

sotypical
02-04-2008, 09:16 PM
Lynsey - sometimes I mix it up but not much, I figure I need somewhere to progress too so why over do it now.

sapphireheather
02-04-2008, 10:03 PM
Lynsey, how do you like the 5 mile advanced walk? I just ordered it and I'm waiting for it to get here. I need a little more workout now, I've been doing the 4 mile super challenge a lot and need to kick it up a notch lol.

Shy Moment
02-04-2008, 10:39 PM
sotypical
No I don't tend to get bored lol. There are to many windows in this house to wash to have time to get bored. I have been looking for a part time job. Want something in my field but haven't found anything that is close to home yet. Going to put the money into the house remodeling fund.

I really hate that " just sit at home all day ". Why is it that is what people think house wifes do? We just " sit at home all day ". Thank heavens we are around to do all the stuff at schools that working ( outside of the home ) woman can't do, all the community service and church things that " working woman " don't have the time to do. I have found we " non working woman " tend to get looked down on. There was a time I " worked " 8 to 12 hours a day. I worked when my kids were in bed so they really didn't even know I wasn't at home. It was the only way I felt I could take care of my children and work outside of the home. Thank heavens I don't have to do that anymore. There wasn't enough hours in the day to keep my house clean, take care of my kids, work outside of the house AND sleep lol ( one can't go forever on 3 hours sleep. 5 hours was almost unheard of ). I can remember mowing the grass in the dark on my days off lol.

Sometimes it just comes down to what people want. These days it seems people in their 20's and 30's want what it has taken those of us in our 40's and 50's 20 years or more to save for. I can remember saving for 3 years for a new shade I wanted for the living room lamps. There really isn't much I want for these days. I have done without for a very long time to have what I have now and it is all paid for except for my house and my car lol. My wants are pretty simple. The bills to be paid. A few days at the camp grounds a year and my computer lol.

sotypical
02-05-2008, 12:45 AM
oh SHY! I know how busy it is! My mom is the same and she is always running off her feet! I would just get bored cleaning the house all day, lol. I know that being a 'stay at home wife' is a FULL time job! I just like to get out of the house and go to work! lol then I dont have to clean up after my boyfriend, haha

Shy Moment
02-05-2008, 01:35 AM
sotypical
As everyone is getting older, there is less and less to do as far as taking care of everyone BUT the walls and windows won't wash them selfs. Oh wouldn't that be nice lol.

I am so proud of myself. Since I had a whole day that I really had nothing to do. I decided today was going to be my 10 miles 1 mile walking/aerobic video at a time marathon day. I didn't think I was going to be able to do it but I DID IT. Wow I feel great.

cbmare
02-05-2008, 10:48 AM
The times I stayed home with my kids was a great time. I don't know why people think that stay at home moms do nothing. I think spending quality time with your kids can not be replaced.

I had to take a day off. I think I may have to alternate for a while until my feet get used to those inserts. I am following the times they gave me. However, they are sore today.

Oh, Cher, if you see this, boobalah had the ribs yesterday. He lightly steamed them to rehydrate them. He liked the sauce, too. He says we have to go there when we come back. I told him that if we go with you, he'd better let you keep the flatware caddy. :lol:

sotypical
02-05-2008, 01:37 PM
woha SHY! Congrats on the 10 miles! WTG

My windows and walls dont get wash, LOL - unless I spill something on them. When I have kids I totally wanna stay at home with them, least for a few years. But I do the kinda work where I could do work on my own time from home, do some freelance so I could do that when they got a bit older.

This morning I did 4 miles. I did the advanced 3 mile with hand weights and did the hand weight mile again, felt good!

Shy Moment
02-05-2008, 02:04 PM
sotypical
Your working out is wonderful. You are really sticking to it. I have to get some house work done today so I have no idea how I will get 10 more videos in today lol I am going to try. If I never see another loaf of bread lol. I have baked two batches ( 20 loafs ) of bread this morning. I am sick of seeing, touching and smelling bread lol.

cb
The foot doc had a pair of inserts made for a pair of shoes for me because I have frayed that thing that goes from the ball of the foot to the heel twice in both feet. I have never been able to get use to the darn inserts. They hurt my feet. He said I would get use to them but it has been a year and I am still not use to them.

sotypical
02-05-2008, 02:59 PM
why so much bread????

cbmare
02-05-2008, 03:02 PM
Yeah, why so much bread?

Shy Moment
02-05-2008, 03:32 PM
I do the baking for a lot of the elderly that live around my house. Started out I was talking to one old lady at the mail box and I was making bread that day. She said she couldn't do it anymore because of her hands and missed home made bread. I started making it for her too. The word spread lol.

dandk0204
02-05-2008, 04:56 PM
Wow and I glad I found this thread lol.

So far this month I've gotten in 19 miles, I got in the 5 mile dvd a few days ago and have did that one 3 days in a row and love it. I might go between the 3 mile, 4 mile and the 5 mile depending on how I feel that day.

My goal for this month is to do 80 miles.

Michele L
02-05-2008, 05:54 PM
We got out early because of a MASSIVE snowstorm. I came home and found my new workout pants on my doorstep! I needed new pants, but I wanted knit capri's with a drawstring and pockets. It didn't seem like a hard thing, but it sure turned into one! I FINALLY found them at Woman Within and they were only $9.99 a pair PLUS free shipping! I ordered 3 pair! They are so comfortable, too!

Anyway.....I'm wearing my new workout pants and I just finished 4 Fast Miles! That makes 10 miles so far this month! Shy: I don't know HOW you do 10 miles in one day! My best is 7. I love doing several of the 1 milers in a row, but not 10! Way to go!

It's not looking good that we will have school tomorrow, so I will be able to do another good workout if we don't.

Hope everyone has a great evening!

Michele :wave:

ThisTimeIsDifferent
02-05-2008, 05:55 PM
Hi everyone! I'm new to this thread. I hope you don't mind me jumping in. I love the walk away the pounds dvd. I bought the all in one DVD with the 1, 2, and 3 mile walk plus it came with the weights. right now I'm doing the 1 mile walk, and I will gradually work myself up. I didn't walk today because I hurt my knee, so I did an upper body workout instead, but I'm looking forward to my workout tomorrow!

LynseyLikes2Lose
02-05-2008, 06:00 PM
I love my 5 mile advanced walk. It's the only one I do anymore though so I'm sure my body will get used to it soon.

I'm going to just do the 2 fast miles before dinner and see what I feel like after and maybe do more. I don't feel the greatest right now.

Shy Moment
02-05-2008, 07:30 PM
dandk
Leslie is great, you will find many Leslie junkies here lol. No matter how many miles a person does. They are all good for us. She has some great toning videos too.

Michele
Going to look for those pants. I could use a pair and I love the ones you are describing. The 10th mile was a killer lol. I have to be careful of my knees. Sometimes those 1 mile videos are great. Nice warm ups and cool downs and stretches are just what my body needs.

Thistime
Come on in, put your running shoes on and join the group. We love having new people. There is a great deal of encouragement here and sometimes we find we work harder because if everyone else can do it so can we :)

Lynsey
I can't even think of doing a 5 mile at one time lol. You go girl. My lungs will go about 3 miles and that is it lol.

sotypical
02-05-2008, 07:48 PM
I want my DVDs, living in Canada sucks :(

cbmare
02-05-2008, 10:23 PM
:welcome: all you newbies! Just side step yourselves right on in!

Michele, I've gotta look for those pants. I've been looking for some lately, but I just don't want to pay high prices or buy such junk that they fall apart in 10 wearings.

Shy, try these sites for shoes.

http://shoes.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=shoes&cdn=style&tm=27&gps=61_1194_796_470&f=10&tt=2&bt=0&bts=1&zu=http%3A//www.cinderellaofboston.com/ (http://shoes.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=shoes&cdn=style&tm=27&gps=61_1194_796_470&f=10&tt=2&bt=0&bts=1&zu=http%3A//www.cinderellaofboston.com/)

http://shoes.about.com/od/large_small_narrow_wide/a/w_size_small.htm

I don't know why I was thinking about your smelly feet, but I was.

Shy Moment
02-05-2008, 10:38 PM
cb
Thank you so much. I will sure check out those sites. Dress shoes aren't that hard to find. There are a few places you can have shoes made. I have a certain type I like, a few types really, and I go every few years and have a few pairs made. Aerobic and walking shoes are just impossible. While hunting for shoes last weekend I found that while you can find them from time to time. Because I wear a child's size, they do not have the support that adults shoes have. We called a couple of Representatives of a couple of types of shoes Nike's being one of them and were told they just don't put the same support in children's shoes because for example, a child that wears a size 2 doesn't have as much pressure going in the shoes as an adult ( even an adult at an ideal weight ).

cathyxxx
02-06-2008, 06:40 AM
good morning gang :wave:

I was a bum the past 2 mornings and didn't get up in time to exercise and boy could I feel it. I was dragging so bad yesterday. I hate feeling tired and I know that's how I'm gonna feel if I miss my walking.

So I got up early this morning and did 2 miles. :cheer: I used the WATP Heart Healthy Walk that Leslie has playing on her website this month. It's a good workout.

everybody is doing great!!!!

hope everybody has a blessed day!
hugs,
cathy

LynseyLikes2Lose
02-06-2008, 07:56 AM
My oldest daughter doesn't feel good today so I am home from work. Just getting ready to pop in the 5 mile walk and do it all. I only got through the 2 fast miles last night before I was sick again. Maybe I can do another this afternoon. So glad I can get the 5 mile out of the way this morning for once!

cbmare
02-06-2008, 09:55 AM
Lynsey, if you are getting sick, then I think Leslie will give you permisson to skip a day or two. Feel better. I hope your munchkin feels better, too. I hated looking at my girls when they were sick. It just broke my heart.

Shy, I think they may not build in the support in the kids shoes because they outgrown them so quickly. Good luck. One of those sites has athletic shoes as well.

I'm skipping this morning. I have to be into work an hour earlier than normal. We've got some Saudi prince or something like that coming in to look at our technology.

Dusty4800
02-06-2008, 10:15 AM
Hi everyone
There must be a virus going around I was sick all day yesterday and I just feel so wiped out so no walking yesterday or today I hope to be back walking on thur
Dusty

LynseyLikes2Lose
02-06-2008, 11:10 AM
I feel ok today. I was able to get the 5 mile Walk in before the little ones made their way downstairs this morning. Felt great. I've also made 4 dozen cookies for daycare tomorrow, have dinner in the oven, and did 2 loads of laundry. I accidentally ate 2 of the cookies for 120 cals. Naughty. I managed to make 2 dozen for them Sunday without sneaking as much as a bite.

I can't decide if I want to do a short workout after lunch or lay down with the girls. The latter is sounding AWESOME but I need to get rid of those cookies! LOL!

sotypical
02-06-2008, 12:26 PM
I did 5 miles this morning. I did the 3 mile advanced with the strechie band and then I did the strechie band mile again then I did the fast mile again! lol, I was having way too much fun! I could of kept going but I had to get ready for work :(

Michele L
02-06-2008, 12:52 PM
Well, I'm home on a snow day due to a MASSIVE storm (at least 10 inches so far and it's not finished)! I was awake before 6am and putzed around the house getting some odds and ends done. Finally at about 10:30, I did my workout. I chose Walk & Jog, which I haven't done in over a year. It was not very challenging since I've been doing the Walk Slim intervals. It was nice for a change, but I think I'll stick with Walk Slim for more intensity!

Hope everyone is feeling better! I'll check back in later. I'll have to do another workout to be sure I hit my 10000 steps today!

dandk0204
02-06-2008, 03:30 PM
I did the 5 mile walk this morning. Tomorrow I will try and get in the 5 miles and maybe the 2 mile.

Great job everyone :)

Michele L
02-06-2008, 04:15 PM
I just did another oldie: the original WATP 2 mile with 3 pound weights. My arms were feeling it when I finished, too! But now I have exceeded 10000 steps, so I'm good to go!

Shy Moment
02-06-2008, 04:24 PM
Michele
I like that workout but then I like them all. Not every workout out has to push the body to the limit. All movement is good.

dandk
You put me to shame. If I tried to do file miles at one time my lungs would give out and I would die lol. WTG

sotypical
I see you have days that you are just having so much fun you don't want to quit. Glad I am not the only one that has those day :)

Lynsey
Glad you are feeling better. You have had a very busy day. Sounds like a rest might be in order. Oh cookies, how did you ever make that many and only eat two lol. You did GREAT.

Dusty
It really has been going around all over. You take care of yourself. No point trying to push yourself and it then taking longer to get well.

cb
That is what I thought but both company's I talk to said they don't put the support in because kids don't have the body structure to need it. Usually kids that wear a size 1 or 2 aren't very old or very big.

Cathy
I like the heart healthy too. A no nonsense workout that is easy to do and goes real quick.

LynseyLikes2Lose
02-06-2008, 04:40 PM
OK, going to pop in the 5 mile and do the 2 fast ones before hubby gets home. I got a 30 minute nap and I feel refreshed!

sotypical
02-06-2008, 04:55 PM
Shy - it's funny how into it you can get sometimes. I still only have 3 dvds to pick from, I hope the ones I ordered come soon! I keep looking at the all the stores around here but can't find anything. I saw a few VHS at one store but I don't have a VCR lol

Shy Moment
02-06-2008, 05:07 PM
sotypical
Check out the yard sales this year. Is very sad that people buy all kinds of stuff but never get around to exercising. I found 95% of mine at yard sales for less than 3 or 4 dollars. Some of them weren't even opened.

LynseyLikes2Lose
02-06-2008, 06:04 PM
My new ones are taking FOREVER! I'm getting a little p!$$ed off really. I've ordered 3 other things after them and gotten all of them already.

cbmare
02-06-2008, 06:48 PM
My new ones are taking FOREVER! I'm getting a little p!$$ed off really. I've ordered 3 other things after them and gotten all of them already.

Start a trace on them. If you paid by credit card, you have a limited time to challenge the charge. Where did you get them? If it was on EBay, then you might have something you can do about it. Contact the seller.

lita0682
02-06-2008, 10:27 PM
Hi everybody! I have been doing Leslie since the end of December (got Walk Away the Waistline with the Walk Belt for Christmas.) I am loving it. I've lost 18.8 lbs so far with this & doing Weight Watchers. Since the original one I received, I've purchased Walk the Walk (too slow) and the 5mile DVD. I am up to doing 3 miles at one time. I just found this thread & it's awesome to see other Leslie fans!

Dusty4800
02-07-2008, 08:27 AM
Hi
Well I am feeling alot better today, I did get to do two loads of wash yesterday and pick up a little around here, trying to eat some food but it just has no taste to me right now, I am sorry to say but I think I will have to take another day off, but tomorrow I am going to start back ill do a 2 mile one okay hope you all have a great walking day
Dusty

cbmare
02-07-2008, 11:02 AM
:welcome: lita

You will find quite a bit of support here. We're all Leslie junkies.

Dusty, take as much time as you need. Don't push it.

No workout for me today. I'm finishing our packing, taking the cat to the vet, hitting the bank and getting a hair cut, etc etc etc.

sotypical
02-07-2008, 01:39 PM
This morning I did the 4 mile super challenge and 10 min on my bike.

Shy Moment
02-07-2008, 01:39 PM
cb
What do you mean no workout today. Seems to me, with all you have to do. You will be getting quite a workout without the video lol.

Dusty
You do what you can do rather it be two miles or one or 1/2. We have to let the body get better or we just make it worse.

lita
Hi. I like the walk the walk for the week of my DOT I go to hard to do anything vigorous. It a great workout for that week. Also great for the times my knee and hip hurt. Just keeping the body going is a good thing.

dandk0204
02-07-2008, 03:07 PM
Just finished the 5 mile walk and I might do another 1 or 2 miles later today.

sapphireheather
02-07-2008, 03:18 PM
No WATP for me today. I don't do it every day, it depends on if I get to the gym or if I do a different workout. Today is a rest day for me. I haven't taken a day off from working out in more than 2 weeks, time to give my body a day to recooperate. Got notice today that the WATP videos I ordered have finally been shipped. Can't wait for them to arrive! Have a great day ladies!

Cheree
02-07-2008, 04:01 PM
The times I stayed home with my kids was a great time. I don't know why people think that stay at home moms do nothing. I think spending quality time with your kids can not be replaced.

I had to take a day off. I think I may have to alternate for a while until my feet get used to those inserts. I am following the times they gave me. However, they are sore today.

Oh, Cher, if you see this, boobalah had the ribs yesterday. He lightly steamed them to rehydrate them. He liked the sauce, too. He says we have to go there when we come back. I told him that if we go with you, he'd better let you keep the flatware caddy. :lol:

I'm here, I'm here!!! I didn't know you got some inserts, I hope they are helping!!! I've had inserts before and they really helped me...they did take awhile to get use to though.

Glad that boobalah liked the ribs. My husband had them the same night we went and really liked them. My oldest son knew of that place we went to and had been there before with my husband (before we moved here and my husband was out here on business). That would be great for us to go there with our hubbies sometime!!! And ah yeah, we'll need to keep the flatware caddy near me. :dizzy:

It's great to get caught up with all of the posts here and get to know other Leslie junkies! I've been doing the WATP 3 mile with weights! It's still my fav. :carrot: I'll be getting the Walk Slim series DVD (1, 2, and 3 miles) this weekend, I'm ready!!!

lita0682
02-07-2008, 10:13 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys! I did a 40 minute Walk/Jog outside this morning and tonight I did 3 miles of the 5 mile DVD. It was a struggle for the 1st mile, but then I got a ton of energy and finished strong. :carrot:

Shy Moment
02-07-2008, 10:35 PM
Thought I would pop in and let everyone know what is going on. As you know we are tearing out the carpet in our one hallway and putting wood floors down. WELL since I am a accident looking for a place to happen. I found a place today lol. I tripped over a piece of lint ( lol ) on the floor we had just pulled the carpet off of and fell down the stairs. Let me re say that. I fell down the three stairs to the landing and then down the flight of stairs lol. I wasn't laughing at the time and sure hope God forgives me for the things I WAS saying on the way down. I will be ok but I did something to my hip, which I have no idea what they are talking about. Closest I can understand is that I sprained it. Well it means ( my mother has said this for years ) I finally found that place to darn near kill myself because I am such a klutz lol. The doc said I can walk all I want ( as long as it doesn't hurt to much ). No jumping or sprinting. Not really in the mood to jump or sprint lol. Think I might take his advice on that one lol. Did a couple one mile videos today ( did it hurt you might ask ) don't be foolish of course it hurt lolol. Do you think I am made of plastic hehehe. But, I was able to do them. Think the knee lifts and kicks are going to have to wait for a bit. So for now, it seems 1 mile videos and upper body workouts are going to be the exercise I can do. My daughter brought me Oreo cookies because of course they help with pain. I ate 10 of them before I knew it. Going to be paying for that. First time in almost 10 months I haven't been on plan. Won't kill me but sure isn't smart. Glad there are no more of the darn things in the house lol. Checked fit day. Since I have been on the lower end of what I allow myself for a few weeks, I am still within my ranges. Think this still means lots of chicken and salads for a week lol. Will just have to see how long it takes to get back into action. Doc said it could be a few days it could be a few weeks.

lita
Nice going on the walking

Cheree
I love the walk slim series.

Sapphire
You really should take at least 1 day off a week. Give the muscles and body time to rest.

Cheree
02-07-2008, 11:19 PM
Shy - Sorry to hear about your accident! I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself any worse than you did! Sounds like you need to take it easy for awhile. You're in good company, a few years back I missed the curb and fell into the street, I didn't hurt anything but I was sure sore on my hip and the hand that took the brunt of my fall. Take care!!! :hug:

Shy Moment
02-07-2008, 11:21 PM
cheree
Thanks. I have always said thank heavens I did ballet and gymnastics for about 15 years because without them I would be dead by now lol. Oh, I am taking it easy. Did the walking videos but only 1 mile at a time and didn't do all the moves just the walking. Wanted to get in 3 miles tonight but 2 was all I got done and I didn't do my resistance training that I wanted to do. Just a bit to sore.

Michele L
02-08-2008, 07:30 AM
So sorry for your pain, Shy! Hopefully it will go away quickly so you can get back to walking pain free!

Last night the kids wanted the TV, so I hopped on the treadmill for a total of 40 minutes. I had to stop and take DD to dance after 25 minutes, but I got back on and went a bit past 2 miles by the time I finished.

Have a great weekend everyone!

cathyxxx
02-08-2008, 10:16 AM

I did the 2 mile Walk Slim this morning :cheer:

hope everybody has a blessed day!
hugs,
Cathy

sotypical
02-08-2008, 02:35 PM
Yikes Shy, hope you heal fast! I always slip down the stairs but never fall!

Didn't really feel much like exercising this morning but I did two fast miles and a few mintues on my rebounder.

Cheree
02-08-2008, 04:25 PM
lita0682 - Sounds like you got in a lot of great walking yesterday!

Shy - sounds like you are taking it easy with just doing the walking. Congrats for getting in 2 miles yesterday.

Michele - WTG getting on the treadmill since you didn't have access to the TV. We use to have a treadmill when we lived in Colorado and we couldn't move it out here to California with us, I sure miss it. We had it set up in the basement with a TV in front of it, very convenient.

Cathy - congrats on getting the 2 mile Walk Slim workout in this morning. You must be an early riser!

sotypical - that's great you did 2 fast miles even when you didn't feel like exercising. I need to be able to push myself into doing a DVD even when I don't feel like it too. Often for me, it's just getting going, once I do get going, it's great. (I think of the one workout that Leslie and Randy talk about people "getting off the couch". LOL)

I ended up doing the 3 miles Walk Away the Waistline with the belt last night (the one that you can get in Wal-Mart). To be honest, it isn't my favorite. This is the first Leslie Sansone DVD I've purchased that when it says 1, 2, and 3 mile walks, they aren't separate workouts. This one, for those of you who may not be familiar with it, is a 3 mile walk but you can start in a different section of it depending on if you want to do 1, 2, or 3 miles (markers). It didn't feel like it was ever getting up to a real high level of intensity (I guess that's one reason I'm looking forward to the Walk Slim DVD's I'm getting this weekend - 2 DVD set).

Does anyone have a 4 mile one they like? (I use to have the Super Challenge 4 miles and I liked it, but I lost it in the move) - Thanks! :carrot:

lita0682
02-08-2008, 10:37 PM
Shy, take it easy & hope you heal quickly. Stay away from those cookies. Lol

Cheree, I agree with you on the mile markers on Walk Away the Waistline. That was my very first Leslie DVD so I didn't know any better. It's my old standby, I guess just because it's my first.

I am loving my 5 mile DVD. I did all 5 miles tonight for the first time. I honestly didn't think I had it in me, but I just pushed on and surprised myself. This is really the first time that I have ever exercised on a regular basis, so it's exciting to see just how far I can push my body. I love the way getting fit feels.

Shy Moment
02-08-2008, 11:40 PM
lita
The cookies are gone. The kids did me a favor lol and ate the rest of them.
Nice going on doing all 5 miles, that is terrific.

Cheree
Today I added the moves but the kicks weren't very high and the knee lifts weren't very high either lol. I love the walk away the waistline. Intensity isn't always the answer. Moving different parts of the body sometimes is much more important to target certain areas. There are somethings you just can't do quickly because you can hurt yourself.

sotypical
I am the kind of person that just doesn't let things get me down. I was back in gear this morning ( although a bit slower ) and did my walking videos. 2 miles express and 2 miles slim. I just kept the knee lifts and kicks a bit lower than I normally would have done them. Got to keep the body working. Nice going on getting some exercise in for the day.

Cathy
I enjoy that video. I love how perky she is. Nice going keeping that body moving.

Michele
When I was learning to walk again, now that was pain. This is nothing lol. WOW 40 min that sounds like a lot.

sapphireheather
02-09-2008, 10:21 AM
Good morning everyone! I felt good this morning so after I did my Slim In 6 workout I did the 30 minute walk! I feel great. Ready for a shower now though. Have a great weekend! :)

Shy Moment
02-09-2008, 12:05 PM
sapphire
Glad you are feeling good. That is the way to start the day. I love my one mile walking/arobic in the morning. Starts my day off great.

cathyxxx
02-09-2008, 12:22 PM

I just did the Walk Slim 4 fast miles! I love it, love it, love it. It goes so fast!

everybody is really moving! that's great!

hope everybody has a great weekend!
hugs,
cathy

Michele L
02-09-2008, 01:34 PM
Hi, everyone! I needed to shake things up a bit, so I went on amazon and downloaded some new mp3's to use while I walk on the treadmill! I found a BUNCH for only $.99 and they were 30-45 minute workouts! Many were FREE if you have Pepsi points to redeem. I downloaded 2 and did the Disco one, which was 30 minutes. It was GREAT and I even JOGGED for 2 minute intervals TWICE!

We are going to Washington DC over Spring Break and I REALLY want to be in the 180's by then. So, I'm trying to mix things up so my metabolism speeds.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Cheree
02-10-2008, 12:10 AM
lita0682 - I know what you mean about having an old standby. I feel that way with my Walk Away the Pounds with Weights. Congrats for getting all 5 miles done!!! I am going to check that one out from our library (I'm on the waitlist for it).

Shy - thanks for your input about the intensity not being as important because of getting the other parts of your body moving!! Good point! :) I need to go read back the posts, I missed whatever it was about cookies!!! Our friend cbmare is probably on the cruise ship now (either today or tomorrow - I can't remember her exact itinerary).

Saphhire - sounds like a great way to start the morning by doing a Slim In 6 workout and 30 minute walk. I've heard good things about the Slim In 6 program!

Cathy - WTG doing the Walk Slim 4 fast miles. Hope you're having a great weekend too!

Michele - I didn't even realize you could download mp3's off Amazon, I'm going to check that out. Sounds like you're really kicking it up a notch or two!!! Good luck with your goal of getting into the 180's!

I ended up doing my old standby, Walk Away the Pounds with Weights...this time I carried two 5 pound weights throughout it. I also went for a 40 minute walk with my dog this afternoon (probably ended up being close to 2 miles). It was 70 here today!!! :carrot:

Hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend!! :)

dandk0204
02-10-2008, 10:47 AM
Hey guys!

Good job on the walking everyone!

I've been sick the last 2 days with a head cold and fever so I haven't walked at all but today I am feeling tons better and plan on walking the 5 mile in a bit.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Shy Moment
02-10-2008, 11:13 AM
dandk
You take it easy and have fun with your walk.

Cheree
I was talking to a trainer we know about the walking/videos I do. He was the one that told me the faster you are going with the videos, or the harder the intensity of the videos the less likely you are to use weights and cords or stretchys. You can hurt yourself a lot if you are having to much weight going at fast movement. I am not the expert but I am sure he knows what he is talking about. Have you noticed Leslie doesn't do weights or use cords or anything on the more intense workouts like the expresses or the boosted walks or the slim series generally. I Haven't gotten past 3 miles yet and generally only do 2 miles at a time. My lungs just won't take it yet. Some of them I do I use the walk away the waist belt, some of them I use the stretchy and some i use dumbbells ( the walk way the weight balls are way to big for my hands ). In the more intense videos I don't use anything unless she uses them too. Have you tried her firming videos. They are great and really work the body. I can really see the difference in my thighs and arms. Even thou I have a ton to still lose in the tummy area. I am starting to see a difference in muscle tone. My daughter was saying my tummy looks strange. My husband just laughed and said that is muscle starting to define itself that is why you see the difference all the way down the middle. Who would have thought there was muscle under all that flab lol.

Yes is is about that time cb goes on her cruise. Bet she has a ton of fun.

Michele
Isn't it great we can download things like that. Gives a nice variety to our workouts.

Cathy
You are right it goes fast lol. I would trip over my feet trying to go that fast lol.

dandk0204
02-10-2008, 12:42 PM
Shy- Thank you!

So I did the 5 mile, didn't think I would get through the whole thing with my nose stopping up every few minutes but I did and feel great!

Cheree
02-10-2008, 01:33 PM
Shy - Thanks so much for sharing that information with me! I'm at the point where I realize that my workouts weren't very effective - I wasn't consistent enough, so now I'm putting a renewed effort into it. I wanted to try other Leslie Sansone videos, so I've been using some new ones I have. I'm trying hard to decrease my % body fat and it sure isn't happening overnight. I'm not familiar with her firming videos, which ones do you have and recommend (I really need that!). Thanks so much!!!

dandk - hope you enjoyed your 5 mile walk! Yeah!!! :carrot:

poochcamper
02-10-2008, 03:30 PM
I've had the 2 (unused) Walk Away the Pounds Express DVDs for I don't know how long and never got around to opening the box containing the new Walk Slim DVDs. When I opened the front door this morning (-1°F with "feels like" -26°F) I decided maybe it was time to start walking INDOORS.

I looked on Amazon for LS strength videos, since that's where I'm really a slacker (I know better, just don't do it). It was too, too confusing, so I decided to use what I have first.

Thanks for all the good feedback on Leslie's videos. It's really encouraging when so many people like them a lot and get a good workout using them.

Time to get walking! And I don't even have to bundle up.

Denise

Michele L
02-10-2008, 06:33 PM
Sounds like everyone has had a productive weekend! I started out today being VERY LAZY. I looked at my pedometer at about 2pm and barely had 2000 steps! So, I hopped on the treadmill and told myself I wouldn't get off until the ped read at LEAST 10000 steps! 55 minutes late, I had reached my goal! I haven't missed a day in 2008 (of 10000 steps or more) and I don't want that streak to end anytime soon!

Have a great evening! I'm off to finish getting supper ready.

Shy Moment
02-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Cheree
I only have a few:

Walk Away The Pounds With Leslie Sansone For The Abs 10 Minutes Ab Buster
Love this one I do it a few times a week

You Can Do With Leslie Sansone Pilate's
Love this one I do it a few times a week

You Can Do With Leslie Sansone Yoga
Have only used this one a few times, can't give an opinion yet

Walk At Home With Leslie Sansone Slim Your Thighs
Haven't done this one yet because I haven't gotten the leg thing yet

Walk At Home Walk Slim With Leslie Sansone Fast Start Fast Firming
Love like this one do it a few times a week

Shapely Secrets In 7 Greer Childers 7 Minute Workout
I do this one three times a day

I do not workout near as much as most people do. 1 or 2 mile walk/aerobic video in the am, 2 or 3 mile walk/aerobic video in the pm. Usually a firming video everyday and about 40 min of some kind of resistance training three times a week on top of the firming videos. I am lazy I guess. I don't do anything on the weekends but shop and clean house and do laundry. My bmi is much more important to me than the number of lbs on the scale. They do go hand in hand but I really want to get that bmi down to at least 25.

dandk0204
02-11-2008, 01:25 PM
I got in the 5 mile today, still sick a little but its going away. I can't wait till its completly gone!

Have a great Monday ya'll!

sxulcmnky
02-11-2008, 07:47 PM
i *finally* got back to doing my walk tonight... i was going to go swim, but need more info on the pool before i go (do they have kick boards, do they take check cards (it's a high school pool))

anywho, i did the 1 mile express and the 2 mile express .... so 3 miles :carrot: it feels GREAT to have walked again... i was able to tell the difference when i wasn't walking (it's been since the 30th of Jan since i did a walk)

LynseyLikes2Lose
02-11-2008, 08:50 PM
Just finished 6 miles. I did Walk Away your Waistline with the belt and then I did the 2 fast miles and the walk belt mile off the 5 mile DVD. I feel awesome!

I had no idea there was a thigh video! I need something for my legs. Does it work?

Michele L
02-11-2008, 09:36 PM
Tonight I did the Evening Mile (without the legs part) and then did my new 10 Minute Solutions (just the Arm & Shoulder Sculpt)! I bought myself 2 new DVD's for strength training and tried out that one small section tonight. I'll try to do one 10 minute segment most days of the week.

Shy Moment
02-11-2008, 09:47 PM
dand
You are doing so well and your still sick too. Hope you feel better soon

sxul
Nice to see you. Nice walking. I like that video. I can really tell the difference when I don't do the videos over the weekend. Monday the body is like, wow we are walking again.

lynsey
You might want to try Walk At Home Walk Slim With Leslie Sansone Fast Start Fast Firming and You Can Do With Leslie Sansone Pilate's. They have some nice leg work in them. I use the more because you use the arms but they do good for the legs too.

Michele
Nice going. Keep moving that is what it is all about.

Cheree
02-12-2008, 12:32 AM
poochcamper - Isn't it great to be able to walk without having to go outside in the cold?

Michele - Way to kick it up a notch to get to your 10,000 steps for yesterday. Congrats for not missing a day in 2008, that's awesome!!

dandk0204 - Congrats for getting in the 5 mile walk again today...glad your cold is better and I hope your nose wasn't dripping so much today! :)

sxulcmnky - Great that you got in 3 miles today! I miss it too when I haven't been walking for awhile.

LynseyLikes2Lose - Wow, congrats on 6 miles!!! :carrot:

Shy - Thank you so much for taking the time to send a list of your firming workouts and your routine! You have inspired me - I'm going to try for 1 or 2 miles in the morning and 2 or 3 miles in the evening too (I just haven't been getting in enough exercise to really decrease my % body fat and increase my muscle mass - which is very important to me too). I sure wouldn't say you are lazy!!!

I have WATP The Abs 10 Minutes Ab Buster, but haven't tried it yet, I'll dig that one out soon. I don't have the Pilates one, is it really hard if you don't have a strong core (I'm not great with a LOT of sit up's yet)? I have the Yoga one, and it was easy enough to do and I enjoyed it.

So last night I did 3 Mile Walk Away Your Waistline; and tonight I did the 5-Mile Walk (just got it today). It was my first time to use a stretchie, and I liked using that. Great workout. I can tell my arms have really been getting a good workout the last few days. My % body fat is finally gradually going down some. I'm at 40% and want to get below 30%.

Keep on walkin'

cathyxxx
02-12-2008, 09:03 AM

I did 2 miles this morning. Used the WATP Heart Healthy Walk.

everybody is doing great :cheer:

hope everybody has a blessed day
hugs,
cathy

Dusty4800
02-12-2008, 09:35 AM
Hi
Well I am back walking and using the stretchie its great to be walking again
I really missed it so my walks so far are
Sunday 2 express miles & 3 fast miles
Monday 2 walk slim miles & 3 adv miles w/stretchie
Tuesday 3 fast miles & will do something in afternoon
Hope you all have a great walking day
Dusty

sxulcmnky
02-12-2008, 12:23 PM
good afternoon everyone!

i will be doing the 2 mile when i get home from voting tonight

Michele L
02-12-2008, 12:27 PM
We had ANOTHER snow day today, so I did 4 Really BIG Miles this morning. I may even do more later.

Have a great day!

sxulcmnky
02-12-2008, 12:56 PM
michele i am going to match your april 30th goal... you're a little closer than i am to it, but for accountability sake, you wanna match up with it? we can even text message eachother to make sure we work out :D let me know and i can PM your my cell number

sotypical
02-12-2008, 01:16 PM
This weekend I was away but I did tons of walking. But no videos or other exercise.

Yesterday morning I did 3 mile advanced with strechie from the express dvd and this morning I did the same :P

Shy Moment
02-12-2008, 06:48 PM
sotypical
You are doing great. I love the express video. 3 miles wears me out for awhile lol.

Cheree
That is exactly the reason I am doing them all. I am less worried about the weight as the bmi and getting these muscles toned up. I am really seeing a difference and that keeps me going.

Everyone is doing so well. We should all be very proud of our selfs. I wonder when I will see less weight loss at a time because I am gaining muscle? Or maybe, that is why I am not seeing any difference in the weight loss. I am losing the same amount now as I was before I started to exercise. Maybe I am losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time?

LynseyLikes2Lose
02-12-2008, 08:21 PM
just got done doing the 3 mile advanced with walk belt. I am sooooo sore today. I am up .5 of a pound too. My muscles feel exhausted!

sotypical
02-12-2008, 10:52 PM
Shy - I really love that express one, the 4 mile super challenge is great too! Your right, after I just feel really good and tired. The only thing I wish I could go back and forth between miles because sometimes I like to do once twice haha. But that dvd doesn't allow skipping like the 5 mile advanced dvd does.

So my 4 new videos came! YAY! Now I won't get so bored doing the same 3 all the time. I can't wait to try them out - I would have liked to try them out tonight I stayed at work late and got home late and now I have some work to do for a side project I am doing - not to mention my own websites need updating, lol. One of the videos came with a 6 month offer for Leslie's website, so I signed up for that - haven't checked it out yet. And I guess I can save 15% off the stuff in her store, might buy something - maybe the walk silm package if the one from that other site doesn't come in soon - still on the waitlist.

Cheree
02-12-2008, 11:16 PM
Sounds like everyone is "walking away those calories, walking away those pounds"! I did another new one for me, Walk Away the Pounds with Leslie Sansone - The 30-Minute Walk. I went ahead and carried my 3 pound weights throughout it. It was the perfect workout for me tonight. I was sore from what I did on Sat. & Sun.

Shy, you may not be seeing the weight loss right now because you are gaining muscle mass. It was explained to me that 1 pound of fat is the same as 1 pound of muscle, but the muscle is much more compact and lean. So, if you aren't taking your measures (upper arm, chest, waist, things, calves, etc.), then I suggest you start doing that. If you are losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time, you should see a decrease in those numbers.

Shy Moment
02-13-2008, 01:13 AM
cheree
That is what the hubby says. I am gaining and losing all at the same time lol. My measurements show I have lost about 1/2 an inch all over so I guess that is better than nothing. I am still consistently losing 2lbs every two weeks.

sotypical
You can mark the beginning of the mile in all the videos that i know of and just do a warm up first and then hit the beginning of the video. Don't know if I will ever get to 4 miles lol. The lungs let me do some of the three mile videos but not all of them yet. I had my appointment with my lung doc and he said the lungs are doing great but might be stretch out all they are going to.

Lynsey
.5, it can be so many thing. Bad day for a weigh in, heaven knows weight fluctuates, muscles gain, water weight or could just be something stuck that you didn't want to stick. Keep at it, you will see a loss before you know it.

LynseyLikes2Lose
02-13-2008, 07:00 AM
Still super sore today. Up to 171.5. Don't like to see that. Especially with my weigh in tomorrow. I won't be exercising Thursday so they should get a little break then. I think I'll take it easier tonight and just do a few slower miles. I REALLY hope this gain is just my muscles recooping.

sxulcmnky
02-13-2008, 10:05 AM
i didn't get a chance to walk last night due to traffic being so bad that after leaving work i didn't get home until 4 hours later... so needless to say i was super tired... so ya... i didn't work out, just went to bed

Shy Moment
02-13-2008, 11:52 AM
lynsey
It could be muscle gain. I think that sometimes happens.

sxul
This can be a difficult time to walk outdoors if you are walking on the road. The streets aren't all that great, traffic is terrible and people are tired from it taking so long to get home and maybe not paying enough attention to those around them. You be careful.

sotypical
02-13-2008, 12:17 PM
Shy - I can't see to skip through the miles in the express DVD with I hit the forward button it skips the whole thing and goes straight to the strech or if I hit the back button it goes back to the beginning, LOL.

This morning I did 4 miles. I did the 3 mile weight loss walk - WOW it was AWESOME! So much fun and the second mile KICKED MY BUTT I couldn't keep up during parts of it. Then I did the 3rd mile again without the weights. This one was awesome, I can see myself doing this one a lot :) I also liked how I could pick any of the miles from the menu and the streach :) very awesome

I still have 3 more dvds to try haha - but I might just stick to this one for a bit :)

sxulcmnky
02-13-2008, 01:04 PM
shy- ya it can be... but i have a short walk and have my winter boots for walking to and from the office... i have cute little ballet flats for around the office.... we had an ice storm last night... so that's why it took me so long to get home

i think tonight i am going to try to do the 3 mile express after dinner with a girlfriend of mine.

LynseyLikes2Lose
02-13-2008, 05:48 PM
Just read this thread and went and bought another DVD. I got the 3 mile weight loss one. My hubby was just telling me the other night to not get any new ones for awhile....ooops. LOL!

Ok, so how long can you do one video without your body getting used to it? I try to do different ones but I like to end with the 2 fast miles off the 5 mile advanced. Is it not going to be really effective if I keep doing it? I hope I'm mixing it up enough.

LynseyLikes2Lose
02-13-2008, 08:25 PM
Just finished the last 2 miles of the Walk Away the Waistline. I'm still super sore so I thought I better not over do it.

Shy Moment
02-13-2008, 11:08 PM
lynsey
You can do each videos in a variety of ways, they can last forever. Do a different one each time. You don't really have to have that many. I have one I do almost everyday and have for weeks and weeks. I really like the workout and it gets the body going in the morning. Change how far apart your feet are while you walk. do arm movements all Thur the video ( as long as you aren't going at to fast a pace). Maybe use different things while doing the videos, dumbbells, stretchy cords, walk away the waist belt. Do kick backs and side to sides in a more seated position. Anything you change, changes which muscles you use and changes the intensity of the videos.

sotypical
02-14-2008, 06:29 PM
this morning i did 2 brisk miles and 10 min on bike

LynseyLikes2Lose
02-15-2008, 06:58 AM
No video for me yesterday. I had a house full when I got home and then by the time we went out for dinner and such there just wasn't time. I kinda thought that would happen. I was down another .5 this morning though. Strange how that happens when you DON'T exercise.

sapphireheather
02-15-2008, 07:46 AM
I have found my new favorite Leslie workout! The 5 mile video! I got it in the mail on Wednesday and did the WHOLE thing yesterday and LOVED it! AND, according to my heartrate monitor, I burned over 700 calories just doing that one video! WOO HOO! I'm looking forward to doing that one again! :)

sotypical
02-15-2008, 12:22 PM
Did the 3 mile weight loss walk this morning :) really liking this one!

Shy Moment
02-15-2008, 01:25 PM
I am still hooked on the express's. I love them

Dusty4800
02-16-2008, 09:49 AM
Hi Everyone
The Leslie dvds that I use the most are the advanced 5 miles and the 1,2,3and 4 slim miles I do the 3 miles from each one then some days I will do the 2 express miles just to mix it up a bit this week I started out good but thur I had to keep a close eye on my granddaughter who was running a fever I usually just watch her youngest sister so by the time they went home I just never had a chance to do the dvds then on Friday I just took the day off so this morning I am ready to get walking agan join Leslie and the SISTER'S IN SWEATand get a great workout okay hope you all have a great walking day
Dusty

Shy Moment
02-16-2008, 09:57 AM
There really isn't one I have that I don't like. This week has been take it easy week. DOT time and I just go to hard to be pounding my body walking that fast and tossing myself around. I have been doing the videos but not really counting all of them. I do them much slower.

LynseyLikes2Lose
02-16-2008, 12:57 PM
I did the 3 mile Walk Away Your Waistline and then wanted a bit more so I did the 2 fast miles from the 5 mile advanced.

cathyxxx
02-16-2008, 01:31 PM
hey gang, i have a terrible cold so i haven't been able to walk much this week. i'll get back in here as soon as i can stop coughing ;-)
hope everybody has a great weekend
hugs,
cathy

sotypical
02-16-2008, 01:38 PM
I usually put my rebounber to use on the weekends - so my boyfriend can watch tv/play xbox - but he had to work today.

So I decided to try all the workouts I haven't tried yet! lol

I did -

30 minute walk (2 miles)
walk and job (2.5 miles)
1 easy mile (1 mile)

man, I am tired and sweaty now! lol

LynseyLikes2Lose
02-16-2008, 06:39 PM
I got my 3 mile weight loss walk already this afternoon. I have plans to snuggle with my hubby and watch movies tonight or I'd do it. I asked if he minded if I did it real quick and he said he'd start the movies without me. Since I already did 5 miles I decided I'd be ok just waiting until morning.

Hope it's a fun one. I'm dying to get my hands on the 4 Really Big Miles. I bought it from someone on ebay but it's backlogged until May 6th so I had them refund my money and I got this one instead. I'll get it in time...

cbmare
02-17-2008, 10:08 AM
I posted in the main area but thought I'd tell all of you.

Leslie is having no shipping $ on her dvds. It is valid in the U.S. only.

Use the code: sharethelove to make use of it.

Hurry, it expires on 2/25/08.

Michele L
02-17-2008, 10:22 AM
Last night I needed to get my pedometer steps and DD was watching TV, so I hopped on the treadmill and did 25 minutes (1.31 miles). We're in the middle of ANOTHER snowstorm, so I'll get some miles done today!

Have a good day!

sotypical
02-17-2008, 11:44 AM
I don't think I am ever going to get the walk slim set from qvc.... maybe I should just cave and get it on Leslie's site... it not much more - maybe $10 when I add the other video....

LynseyLikes2Lose
02-17-2008, 12:03 PM
Did the 3 mile weight loss walk and thought the first mile was WAY too slow. I was a little disappointed until I got to the 2nd mile. That one was nice and quick....just what I like. When I finished I didn't feel like it was enough though.

So I ate some breakfast, had a cup of coffee and did my old 3 mile abs video.

I was a little upset at myself for taking so many days off this month so I started writing my miles on the calendar instead of just in a notebook. Now the whole house can see when I don't get it done. I have only done videos 10 days this month. It added up to 40 miles. Is that ok? I'll try to do more and stop making excuses for days off. Heck, it only takes like 9 minutes for that fast mile on the 5 mile advanced so there's no excuse to not at least do that!

sotypical
02-17-2008, 12:33 PM
WOW Lynsey, the Weight Loss Walk kicks my butt!!! I feel great after the 3 miles! I have only done it twice though and also I don't usually do the whole 5 miles from the advanced video, usually just the 3 ones.

Did you use the weights with the weight loss walk? I found my stomach was soooo sore after. But like comparing to the 3 miles express video it feels like such a good work out.

I think 40 miles its lots!!

The thing I don't get, on the advanced DVD that fast mile is 9 miles. So one mile in 9 miles - meaning I could do 3 in less then half an hour. Yet the walk and jog video (lots of jogging) is only 2.5 miles in the 30 minutes.... I guess it has the warm up and cool down though....

Do you have any of the walk slim dvds? like the fast ones?

LynseyLikes2Lose
02-17-2008, 01:04 PM
The Videos I have are

Walk Strong (I don't remember the last time I did this one though)
Walk and Kick
Walk and Jog
3 Mile Ab Walk
3 Mile Walk Away your Waistline
3 Mile Weight Loss Walk
4 Mile Challenge
5 Mile Advanced

I don't have the weights. I want them but would like to find them on ebay and can't. Maybe I'll try her site since there isn't any shipping right now.

I used the walk away belt with the 3 mile abs though after the weight loss walk.

LynseyLikes2Lose
02-17-2008, 01:06 PM
And like I said earlier...I am dying for the 4 Really Big Miles. I want that one soooooooo bad! I should look into the walk slim series but my hubby didn't want me to get anymore when I got the weight loss one last week. I think I'll wait for the big one.

sotypical
02-17-2008, 01:29 PM
Lynsey if you have a costco check there! I got the 5 mile advanced dvd with hand weights, walk belt and strachie band for $20!! I guess there are a bit cheaper on her site though and you dont need all the other stuff.

Michele L
02-17-2008, 02:44 PM
I did 3 Fast Miles (Walk Slim) this morning! I think that's probably a tied favorite with 4 Really BIG Miles! Be patient about getting them--it WILL be worth the wait!

sotypical
02-18-2008, 01:00 PM
Did 4 miles this morning.

2 mile high calories burn
2 mile 30 min walk

Shy Moment
02-18-2008, 03:14 PM
sotypical
I ordered the slim from qvc. Within the first few hours it came on. It took almost a month for me to get it.

Lynsey
The weighted balls she has I can't use. They are way to big for my hands. I just use 2lb dumbbells. got them for less than 2 dollars a piece at target.

LynseyLikes2Lose
02-18-2008, 05:18 PM
I have the stretchie band and the walk belt already. Maybe I'll just get some little hand weights like you mentioned. The pink ones are so cute though. LOL! I threw up all morning so I haven't done any videos today. I'm starting to come around so I might get one in yet.

Michele L
02-18-2008, 05:49 PM
Feel better, Lynsey!

I had ANOTHER snow day today (that makes 8 this year), so I made sure to do a good workout! I chose the 5 mile with all the boosters. That also ensured that I got my 10000 steps, which I sometimes have a hard time with on days I'm home.

LynseyLikes2Lose
02-18-2008, 06:44 PM
This past couple months has sucked as far as getting sick. Wish I would see some results from it. LOL!

sotypical
02-18-2008, 09:16 PM
Part of me wants to exercise right now, the other part of me says I did enough today and have too many other things to do.

Argh, if I had of just done a video when I got home from work rather then sitting here thinking about it I would be done already! lol

sotypical
02-18-2008, 10:52 PM
I got off my butt and 2 more miles, the 30 min walk - I was too lazy to change the DVD from this morning, haha

sapphireheather
02-19-2008, 04:35 PM
I just finished the 5 mile walk. My new favorite Leslie workout. Yesterday I did the 3 mile belt workout. I loved the Mary Kay mile in that one! :)

sotypical
02-19-2008, 07:38 PM
This morning I did 4 miles. I did the weight loss walk and did the 2nd mile twice!

LynseyLikes2Lose
02-20-2008, 06:52 AM
Last night I didn't have a chance to get on here so I thought I better record now.

I did the 2 fast miles and half of the walk belt mile off of the 5 mile and then the second mile (MK's mile) on the 3 mile weight loss video. So, a total of 3.5. I had laundry and such to do before Biggest Loser or I would've done another half mile off the weight loss one.

cbmare
02-20-2008, 10:37 AM
You ladies are putting me to shame. I finally dragged my ole :censored: out of bed this morning and did the Muscle Mile with my 2 lb slip-on weights. I haven't done any of her workouts since before the cruise. I have to start back with the 1 milers.

Lynsey, what is "MK's mile"?

In my defense, I do have to say that I walked and walked and walked aboard ship. I took stairs as much as possible. I don't think I could have walked all that much if I hadn't have built up the stamina from these workouts. However, starting back with all the moves she has us do, is different.

sotypical
02-20-2008, 12:56 PM
I was sooo tired this morning, so I didn't put as much effort in as I normally do - but by like my 3rd mile I was awake and ready to go - too bad I almost done! lol

Anyway I did 4 miles this morning, 1 mile easy walk and 3 mile advance - both off the express dvds

And last night I went ice skating! lol

sapphireheather
02-20-2008, 01:50 PM
Mare, the MK mile is the Mary Kay Mile, mile #2 in 3 mile walk.

I did the fist 4 miles of the 5 mile walk and the stretch this morning. Ran out of time to do the last mile. Hoping to get to the gym this evening too!

Hope you all are well!

LynseyLikes2Lose
02-21-2008, 06:49 AM
Last night I did the last 2 miles of the 3 mile weight loss walk and the first fast mile on the 5 mile. Trying to move it around a little and bump up my "again" stalled weight loss. I am tired of looking at 168!

cbmare
02-21-2008, 11:15 AM
I did the Muscle Mile again this morning.

I have to pick out something else. That one is too short.

Dusty4800
02-21-2008, 12:15 PM
Hi
Well today I did 3 adv miles W stretchie and the 3 slim miles I am having a bad week I didnt do any walking on Tue or Wed so I am going to do another dvd tonight Hope you all have a great walking day
Dusty

Shy Moment
02-21-2008, 12:39 PM
Everyone is doing so great. I am playing catch up the next 4 days lol. I have been taking care of the lady across the street so haven't gotten all my exercise in each day I that I usually do. That is ok. I will be caught up Sunday. Still got some in each day just not enough.

sotypical
02-21-2008, 04:52 PM
Did the 4 miles super challenge this morning

Shy Moment
02-22-2008, 01:02 AM
Got 6 miles in today

cbmare
02-22-2008, 10:55 AM
Shy, I think it is wonderful that you are helping your neighbor.

I managed to get up and do the 2 mile WATP for Abs with the belt.

Feels good!

Floprieto
02-22-2008, 02:54 PM
Any of you got her new kit on QVC (or HSN... i do not remember which one)? I ordered mine but it did not come with a calendar, rotation... Any tips? Do i just use which ever DVD i want?

Shy Moment
02-22-2008, 05:33 PM
cb
I am playing catch up. I didn't get all the exercise in that I normaly do. Will be caught up by Sunday night. My darn knee is acting up again :( I like the ab one. These days I am useing the express a lot. I like the music.

sotypical
02-23-2008, 01:32 AM
I did two miles this morning - the 30 min walk

Shy Moment
02-23-2008, 12:31 PM
I walked around for 2 hours yesterday and food shopped. That was all my knee could take.

cathyxxx
02-23-2008, 01:05 PM

everybody is donig great!!!

i got a zpack from my gynocologist on tuesday and i'm feeling better but not great. i thought i would try to do 2 miles today but can't seem to quit coughing long enough to get up the nerve. ;) maybe i'll give it another day or two. i leave for Hawaii a week from today so I really need to get myself in gear.

hope everybody has a great weekend
hugs
cathy

LynseyLikes2Lose
02-23-2008, 01:27 PM
Just got back from a mini vacation. Took my kids to a motel with a bunch of indoor pools and water slides. We had a blast. I didn't do any videos but I did a TON of swimming. We also went down the 4 story water slide a bunch so getting back up those steps was a workout in itself carrying a 2 year old. I also went to the exercise room yesterday morning and did 3 miles there.

I didn't eat good at all so I was a bit worried. When I weighed myself after I got home today I was the same as I was before I left and I had just eaten a huge breakfast so I'm ok with that.

I'll try to get a video in today. I'm Super tired though.

sotypical
02-23-2008, 02:23 PM
I just did a 3 mile ads video, trying to decided if I want to make use of my rebounder before I shower.... I haven't been using it and I feel bad! lol

Cheree
02-23-2008, 04:09 PM
I posted in the main area but thought I'd tell all of you.

Leslie is having no shipping $ on her dvds. It is valid in the U.S. only.

Use the code: sharethelove to make use of it.

Hurry, it expires on 2/25/08.

hey sparklee mare!!! I remember you saying there was a new set you wanted to get, which one was it? Did you get it yet? Thanks for letting us know about the no shipping $ on her website!!!

Cheree
02-23-2008, 04:21 PM
I've been playing catch up too with the last 4 or 5 pages. Sounds like everyone is doing great!!! Congratulations!!! Great to see you back cbmare!!! :carrot:

"I feel good..." I have new DVD's!!! I have the Leslie Sansone's Walk Slim - Fast Start 1 & 2 Mile Walk / 3 Fast Miles (2-DVD set). I did the 3 Fast Miles and I LOVED it. During the DVD, she put out a challenge to do the 3 Fast Miles every day for 7 days, so I'm going to try that. It is really fast! Love it! I'm thinking of doing that one every day to get some great cardio going, then at least 3 or 4 days this week, do one with weights or one with a stretchie (maybe alternate them)...maybe a 2 mile one at first. I don't know if I'm mentally ready to do 6 miles total in a day, but I guess I should try it...it surely won't hurt me. :D

Dusty4800
02-24-2008, 07:25 AM
Good Morning all
Cheree I LOVE LOVE LOVE the walk slim miles I do the 3 fast miles every
day I am working towards the 4 fast miles plus I do the 3 advanced miles w/
stretchie I am also working towards the 5 advanced miles and I can tell you that they are working my clothes are fitting alot better and I feel great the last two weeks I have been not walking like I should but I am going to just get back to it and not keep stepping on the scale so much and just say to my self how much better I feel and that my clothes are getting bigger
Dusty

mj5
02-24-2008, 08:06 PM
My knee is a bit better, not great, but better...I don't know if i posted it here or not, but a couple weeks ago I fell up some stairs at work...that's talent, huh? So, I had to take some time off from working out. So strange there are days I feel like I have for force myself to workout, but forced 'time outs' totally stink!

I have only been doing a one mile watp dvd a day--don't want to over do, but hopefully soon will work up to more again!

MissJai
02-24-2008, 09:09 PM
I currently am working out with Leslie's 5 mile DVD and the 3 mile DVD (with the 'Walk Band'). Does anyone use the "Walk Strong" DVD? How is it?

Shy Moment
02-24-2008, 09:54 PM
mj
Oh my gosh, you are my other half lol. A couple of weeks ago I feel down the stairs.

Cheree
02-25-2008, 12:44 PM
Good Morning all
Cheree I LOVE LOVE LOVE the walk slim miles I do the 3 fast miles every
day I am working towards the 4 fast miles plus I do the 3 advanced miles w/
stretchie I am also working towards the 5 advanced miles and I can tell you that they are working my clothes are fitting alot better and I feel great the last two weeks I have been not walking like I should but I am going to just get back to it and not keep stepping on the scale so much and just say to my self how much better I feel and that my clothes are getting bigger
Dusty

Thanks Dusty!!! Glad to hear you like the 3 fast miles too!!! Good luck with working towards the 4 fast miles (I might have to look into getting that one too). I've done the 5 advanced miles and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be...there are 2 fast miles that seem really short in that series...so it went by quickly. It didn't seem quite as intense to me as the 3 fast miles one. Great that you're going to get back to it...I know I feel better when I'm exercising too...I have a lot more energy and get more things done.

Have a great week everyone. :carrot:

Shy Moment
02-25-2008, 04:54 PM
I am still playing catch up with myself. I expect myself to do x amount of exercise a week and if for some reason ( this darn knee and taking care of the neighbor lady ) I don't get it done. I have to pick up what I didn't get done the next week. Going to be a busy week for me lol.

LynseyLikes2Lose
02-25-2008, 05:59 PM
I was just getting ready to do a video and my friend came over and asked me to babysit her 1 year old. My hubby isn't home so I have him, my 2 year old and my 5 year old. Cross your fingers that they get here early enough for me to get one in tonight. I haven't done one since Wed night. (I wasn't home Thurs, Fri, and most of Sat.)

Scarletbegonias
02-25-2008, 07:31 PM
So I just ordered her series w/ the 1, 2 and 3 mile w/ the weights. Do you have to walk as much as you guys do? (5 miles a day?) for it make any difference or is it just that easy and enjoyable that you can do that much a day? I already do Shapely Secrets and DDR for my exercising and thought this would be something good to add to it.

cbmare
02-25-2008, 07:32 PM
I haven't worked out since Friday morning. There was so much that needed to be done over the weekend. I haven't been sleeping well and this morning when boobalah's alarm went off and he got out of bed, I dropped into a deep sleep for about 40 minutes. I'm normally awake before his alarm goes off. I get up and start my workout. After he's been up about a half hour, I'm ready to hit the shower.

I've got to get back into that.

I hope all of you who feel crappy or are hurt will be better soon.

Cher, I think I may have to have that BBQ again next week. U up to it?

Shy Moment
02-25-2008, 07:44 PM
cb
A routine is everything I think. The body and the mind feel better. I feel all nasty if my routine is messed up. You will get back into your routine and I bet you will feel so much better.

Scarlet
I just enjoy the walking/aerobic videos. Sometimes I do one mile sometimes 3. Usually I do the 2 miles ones. I have a bunch of them. Right now, the express and then slim series are my favorites. Then I will go back to the original warp's, I love them all lol. I do the shapely secrets too. You really feel it in the back end muscles don't you lol.

Lynsey
The 1 year old can go into a play pen, the 2 and 5 year old can do the video with you. My kids loved it when they were little they danced around all thur the things.

Scarletbegonias
02-25-2008, 07:59 PM
That shapely secrets gets me. I've been doing the advanced video for about a week now and my goodness. But I think its making a difference I see a difference in my legs and tush and a little bit in my arms. I figure that isn't enough I need cardio so that's why I threw in the DDR but it cant hurt to have something else so that's why I thought I'd try this too.

sotypical
02-26-2008, 12:58 AM
this is late, lol

I did 5 miles this morning usin the 3 mile w/ the hand weights on the 5 mile advanced dvd

I did

fast mile
fastest mile x2
hand weight mile x2

cathyxxx
02-26-2008, 09:17 AM

I got up early and did 2 miles. :running: I used the WATP Heart Healthy Walk.

hope everbody has a great day!
hugs,
Cathy

Dusty4800
02-26-2008, 11:41 AM
Hi
Well I did the 4 fast miles this morning not that bad I am going to try doing
all 5 advanced miles later today just see if I can do all of it I dont have the
belt but I think ill try using the stretchie just wrap it around my waist and
give that a try
Dusty

Michele L
02-26-2008, 12:12 PM
I haven't worked out in 6 days, but since we had our 10TH SNOW DAY today, I popped in a couple of shorter workouts to get me moving! I did the 1 mile Express with the stretchie followed by the 1 mile Super Challenge! It was a GREAT 30 minute workout and I feel like I may do more later!

cbmare
02-26-2008, 12:21 PM
I dragged myself out of bed this morning and did 1 mile of the 2 fast walk slim miles. I was running out of time. Plus, after a restless night, I just wasn't up to more. Hopefully, my boss will go home early today so I can too and get in another one.

Besides, by the time I did the 1 mile, I'd warmed the room up to a balmy 50!

sotypical
02-26-2008, 05:46 PM
this morning i did 5 mile advanced :P

Shy Moment
02-26-2008, 06:13 PM
CB
Darn, it is hot in there.

Cheree
02-26-2008, 11:32 PM
Shy and mj5, hope your injuries are better!!!

Mare, hope you are sleeping better! I'm definately up for BBQ next week! I'll try to refrain from throwing silverware on the floor this time. :dizzy:

For those of you doing the Shapely Secrets, are those workouts more like pilates?

Cathy, I have the WATP Heart Healthy Walk, but I haven't done it yet. I may drag it out this week and give it a try. So many workouts, so little time. :D

Yesterday, I did Walk Slim - 3 Fast Miles in the morning and WATP 3 Mile (Super Fat Burning) that uses the walk away weights (I use 3 pound weights instead) in the evening. So I didn't think I could do 6 miles in one day, but I did. It helped spacing them out. I don't know that I could have done one right after the other.

I didn't have time to do one this morning, but I did the Walk Slim - 3 Fast Miles one tonight. I'm going to do that one for sure every day for 7 days...and hopefully do that one in the mornings and another 2 or 3 mile one with either the stretchie or weights in the evening. I think it is helping me get off of my plateau! (FINALLY!)

ETA: For some reason, Amazon cut prices on a lot of the Leslie Sansone DVDs today (not sure how long those prices will last, but if there are any you are wanting to get, now would be a good time to check the prices ASAP). I'm trying to figure out one more to order...*must have another Leslie Sansone workout*

Keep on walkin' :carrot:

cathyxxx
02-27-2008, 10:09 AM
Hey Cheree - I totally agree - so many workouts so little time ;) I like having a variety to pick from tho! I actually had a hard time deciding this morning. I got less than 5 hours of sleep (bec I was up so late) so I didn't want something TOO TOO perky. So I did 3 miles of the 4 mile super challenge. :cp:

I really like the Heart Healthy Walk. It looks like it might be an "easy one" but it sure gets me sweating. I think it's a good workout. I hadn't seen it before she had it streaming on her website this month. I found it at amazon for like $4 on VHS and transferred it to a dvd for me to use.

Cheree - since you're looking for another workout to order from amazon - do you have the new 3 mile Weightloss dvd? that's a really good one. I also like the 3 mile Walk Away your Waistline that comes with the walkbelt. And the Walk Slim 4 Fast Miles that you have to buy seperately from the Walk Slim set.

Hope everybody has a blessed day!
hugs,
Cathy

cbmare
02-27-2008, 11:12 AM
Cher, we'll do BBQ next week. I'm keeping the silverware caddy on my side of the table. You're dangerous with forks. I think those people were thinking you had it in for the dishwasher. :lol:

I now have to go into Amazon. Be sure and click on the link from here so 3FC gets a bit of a kickback.

I got up and did the same as yesterday. 1 mile of the 2 mile walk slim.

Shy Moment
02-27-2008, 05:19 PM
cb
Wasn't that sale at amazon great. I got 4 more dvd's :). I have been doing the 2 mile walk slims lately and the 2 mile expresses. They are my favorites of late lol.

cathy
I like the heart healthy one too. Looks like it is going to be easy and you find by the end it has not been as easy as you thought it was going to be. Nice workout.

cheree
I am ok. Just the knees and hips act up from time to time. Will be much better when the wet weather is over with. The shapely secrets I have are just a few exercises that take 7 min. You wouldn't think they would do much but I can feel the difference in my muscles.

cbmare
02-27-2008, 05:54 PM
I have to go home and make an inventory of what I have. I don't want to buy duplicates or ones that I have that are repackaged. I have some repackaged ones and it kinda irks me that I have duplicates.

Cheree
02-27-2008, 05:57 PM
Shy, which ones did you order? I'm still trying to figure out which ones to get (some are have better discounts than others).

Mare, just sent you a PM.

Cheree
02-27-2008, 06:03 PM
Hey Cheree - I totally agree - so many workouts so little time ;) I like having a variety to pick from tho! I actually had a hard time deciding this morning. I got less than 5 hours of sleep (bec I was up so late) so I didn't want something TOO TOO perky. So I did 3 miles of the 4 mile super challenge. :cp:

I really like the Heart Healthy Walk. It looks like it might be an "easy one" but it sure gets me sweating. I think it's a good workout. I hadn't seen it before she had it streaming on her website this month. I found it at amazon for like $4 on VHS and transferred it to a dvd for me to use.

Cheree - since you're looking for another workout to order from amazon - do you have the new 3 mile Weightloss dvd? that's a really good one. I also like the 3 mile Walk Away your Waistline that comes with the walkbelt. And the Walk Slim 4 Fast Miles that you have to buy seperately from the Walk Slim set.

Hope everybody has a blessed day!
hugs,
Cathy

Cathy,

Thanks so much for the feedback!!! I find it hard to workout if I've had a lack of sleep the night before. I need about 7-8 hours a night or I feel like crapola. I'm VERY impressed with so little sleep that you were able to do 3 miles of the 4 mile super challenge!

Now I'm eager to try out the Heart Healthy Walk after yours and Shy's reviews. What a great idea to get a workout in VHS and transfer it to a DVD!!!

I do have the Leslie Sansone: 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk workout (is that the one you're talking about? I think it is.) I have the Walk Away your Waistline DVDs that comes with the walkbelt (got that at Wal-Mart). I don't have the Walk Slim 4 Fast Miles...that sounds like a good one I should get. Thanks!!!

Cheree

helenandaudreysmama
02-27-2008, 06:29 PM
I just bought my first walk away the pounds video today, for the days I can't get to the gym...I can't wait till my kids go to bed to try it. :carrot:

It is snowing here so no gym tonight...

cbmare
02-27-2008, 07:40 PM
:welcome:

Please side step in any time!

However, watch out for the cracked egg butt minivan lady. She'll pick on you.

Shy Moment
02-27-2008, 10:57 PM
cb
Now you know I drive a caddie not a minivan ( I am only the size of one ). You KNOW it is not a cracked butt, it is a beautiful little chick breaking through an egg ( you really do have sex on the brain ) AND you know YOU are the only one I pick on hehehe.

helen
I started with one and now I have over a dozen of them. I love Leslie, she is so perky.

cheree
I have quite a few of them that I found at yard sales on VHS that I transfered to DVD. Well worth the little bit of time it takes. Gosh trying to remember. Walk and kick, tired of getting it from the library lol, walk away the pounds express 3 mile ( I have 1, 2 and 4 ), walk the walk 1 and 2 mile ( mine was accidentally knocked on the floor and then stepped on by the kids ), walk away the pounds muscle mile ( people here have said it is very good ) and 40 plus workout walk, hey I am 40 plus thought it might be another good one.

I took all of mine and transfered them so they can be on the computer for me since I do most of my workouts in the den. Also gives me a nice easy list. Since I do each and everyone of them I know they are all different. I did make sure I looked the ones up I ordered to make sure they weren't repackaged ones of other ones ( if I made a mistake on one of them I will give it to someone ). I now have ( before the new ones come ) 20 different ones and 5 of her toning ones. Even with shipping the ones I ordered cost less than 9.50 each. I added up how much I have spend all together on videos lol. Including the ones I just bought that is 31 videos divided by the total amount I have spent, that comes out to about 5 dollars per video. Not to shabby lol. Why buy new what you can buy used if it is like new shape. I have a few that this wonderful person sent to me. So they were free lol.

Dusty4800
02-28-2008, 07:07 AM
Hi
Welcome Helen hope you enjoyed your first walk with Leslie I just love Love walking with Leslie I feel so great after my walks some days its hard to get started but once you put that dvd in and it starts you just start walking and before you know it you are done
I did get to do both of the dvds ive been working towards I am glad about that
Tues 4 fast miles
wed 5 adv miles
Dusty

cbmare
02-28-2008, 12:43 PM
Nothing for me today. I don't feel well and I don't know why. I don't ache. I'm kinda tired but I just feel blah. I slept well for the last 2 nights. Maybe I'm just needing sleep because I spent over a week with little sleep.

cbmare
02-28-2008, 12:45 PM
Shy, it's not a beautiful chick. It is a chick bending over! :lol:

It has nothing to do with sex, thank you very much.

I noticed your ticker has been going down down down. Congrats! Guess that Rennie diet is still working for you.

I've been stalled for over 2 months. I'm not giving up, but I'm getting depressed.

sotypical
02-28-2008, 12:46 PM
Yesterday I did 3 miles with the strechie from the 5 mile advanced

This morning I did 3 mile weight loss walk - hopeing to do walk and jog tonight (if I am not too tried after work)

Shy Moment
02-28-2008, 04:47 PM
cb
You know God gets those that are mean to wonderful people like ME lolol. It is NOT a chicken bent over and you know it. Now, you start being nice to me and you will see that scale go down down down. Repeat after me. Rennie's chicken is not bent over, it is a cute egg with a crack in it where the new little chick is breaking its way out into the sunshine. hehehehehehe. To be serious. I know there is going to come a time that I will stop losing weight every weight in. This two pounds every two weeks since I started has got to stop at some point. When that happens I will be asking you for advice because I sure don't know how I am going to handle it when that happens.

cbmare
02-28-2008, 05:12 PM
Then it is a rooster bent over. :lol:

Shy Moment
02-28-2008, 06:16 PM
cb
What am I going to do with you lol.

Cheree
02-28-2008, 07:34 PM
Then it is a rooster bent over. :lol:

LOL!!!! :lol:

Shy - Thanks again for all of the great info you shared! Sounds like a great thing to do as far as transferring from VHS to a DVD. Wish we had that capability. I have WATP Muscle Mile One (Mare, I got that one in one of my Gaiam orders). You really have a great collection of DVDs and that's wonderful that you haven't spent all that much getting it built up!

Dusty - Glad you got to do both of the dvds you have been working towards! Congrats.

Cbmare - you're probably still tired from your cruise!!! You spent a lot of time getting ready for it too. You're just temporarily worn out and you'll get recharged before you know it! Sleep is good. Sleep is your friend. (Do you know you lose weight better when you get good sleep?) Don't give up, the scales will start back going down for you! Your body may just be adjusting to the new weight...you've done great! 38 pounds is a lot of weight to have lost!!!! Now that the weather is warming up some, your walking room won't be as cold.

I ordred Walk Slim - Fast Firming and Walk Slim - 4 Fast Miles. They were $10.49 each from Amazon!!!

I've been doing the Walk Slim - 3 Fast Miles every day, like "I knew that I would. So good, so good..."

Dusty4800
02-29-2008, 07:47 AM
Good Morning
Well its Feb 29th the last day of the month and I didnt lose any more weight I did lose a few pounds in the middle of the month (185)but it all came back when I didnt really do alot of walking for two weeks and my eatting wasnt all that good either so I am back to 188 again
But I am not giving up Ive been doing the 4 fast miles or the adv.5 miles this week so I will be doing one of thoses each day try for 6 days a week
I can see my self healthy and slimmer I just have take it one day at a time
Hope you all have a great walking day and Great weekend
Dusty

Shy Moment
02-29-2008, 08:17 AM
dusty
Don't give up, you will get to where you want to be. I think the exercise is great for the body but doesn't necessarily have to do with weight gain. Keep a closer eye on what you are eating. I bet you make a little change here a little change there you will see that scale drop again. Keep up the walking, it is great for the over all body.

cheree
It really isn't hard at all if you know how to do it. Is it any wonder I just don't talk to CB lol.

cb
Hello, grumble grumble grumble.

cbmare
02-29-2008, 10:57 AM
Shy, :rollpin: We all grumble sometimes.

I got up this morning and the room was 60! I did all of the 2 Walk Slim Fast Miles.

It felt good.

Cher, want to try for Wed or Thurs? BBQ is calling.

Michele L
03-02-2008, 12:52 PM
Well, everyone must have been very busy this weekend! Yesterday was our son's 12th birthday. We spent much of the morning shopping and then he chose our lunch destination (Olive Garden). We did a bit more shopping, but had to get back because he had a friend spend the night. I got no workout done, as a result of being BANNED to the office or my bedroom.

This morning, I decided that I was going to workout regardless! I hopped on the treadmill and walked for an hour! That's 3.33 miles. Not as fast as I'd like, but an 18 minute mile isn't bad.

I HAVE to get back to walking in the morning. I'm just not sure HOW to fit it in. I'm leaving Wednesday after school for a professional conference in Detroit and won't be back until later on Sunday. I don't know what kind of time I'll have, but I'll TRY to fit in some formal fitness. Then, the week of March 16 we are going to Washington DC for a family vacation. I KNOW I won't have time for formal fitness, but I don't think getting walking in will be a problem! We don't have a rental car, so we'll walk everywhere!

Sorry to ramble! Just trying to get back into the routine of reporting in!

Happy Sunday!

Shy Moment
03-02-2008, 11:56 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhh isn't that sweet. Cb has her rolling pin out and is going to make me something yummy and low in carbs to eat :)

sotypical
03-03-2008, 04:05 PM
Sorry I havent been around.

I cant remember if I posted Friday, dont think so - I did 2 miles on friday and nothing since, I just - lots of crap happening and I just cant bring myself to exercise. Hope to be back on it tomorrow morning.... depending how tonight goes.

Cheree
03-03-2008, 04:18 PM
Do you all want to continue but in the March WATP thread instead? This is the February thread. :D