Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-01-2008, 08:02 AM   #1  

Default Would like some advice on exercises.

Hi,

I am trying to lose some weight but am having trouble putting together some exercises. Unfortunately I do not have the funds to join or visit a gym. Here in AUstralia they are quite costly at $70 a month or $10 a visit. I have no exercise machines that are accessible to me so am trying to figure out what exactly I can do at home that will help me in losing weight.

I understand that walking/jogging is an important part however, at the moment it is reaching very high tempratures here in Australia and I get migraines which last for days when exercising in the heat or if I jog too much which frustrates me to no end.

What exercises can I do that will help me shift this weight? Of course I will attempt the jogging and running as often as possible but it will have to wait until the weather cools down.

I know it is a very "beginner" question and I apologise I would just appreciate any input though.
ashory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 08:49 AM   #2  

Height: 5ft 4in

I am no expert at excersizing but I can try and help a little. I have a similar problem with weather here but the other direction. For the past month or so (I lose track of time when I can't get outside) has been -0F. (the other day was -36F -- yes that is a negative 36 degress F.) For about 6-8 months a year we pretty much shut ourselves inside. Anyway, have you tried getting a good DVD? Power 90 is good and the Firm is good. Both for stregnth training and cardio. Hope this helps. Good luck.
adaem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 11:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

I agreen with Adaem. Power 90 is good, haven't ever tried The Firm, but Turbo Jam is excellent and well rounded with cardio and weight workouts, also you could buy a few light weight dumbells (3-10pounds) and get some weight/resisitance training exercises from sites on the net. Also, a great cardio workout is a jump rope! Good luck to you!
sapphireheather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 07:00 PM   #4  
Never-giver-upper

S/C/G: 186/176/135

Height: 5'7"

I have had good success in the past with exercise DVDs too (well, at the time all you could get was VHS tapes). Anyway, having a few different ones you enjoy helps keep the boredom factor down, and the weather isn't an issue. No matter what you do, it's good to vary your routine at times.
Serena C is offline   Reply With Quote