100 lb. Club - February~NSV'S

View Full Version : February~NSV'S

rockinrobin
02-01-2008, 06:35 AM
Welcome to one of the most popular threads here at the 100lb club!

For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the actual number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, resisting temptation, receiving a compliment (we're big on those), fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and so on and so on. So let's start filling it up.

gr8smyl99
02-01-2008, 07:26 AM
I have 2 to brag on.... I made it through the entire month of January with:
1 - coffee ONLY at Dunkin Donuts, and
2 - all good breakfasts!!

1 month down.... the rest of my life to go :) :) :)

Lifeguard
02-01-2008, 10:11 AM
Great job Beth!

This morning I am up & at 'em & ready to take on the world. I haven't been lately so this is a good thing!

carol2208
02-01-2008, 11:41 AM
Great job guys !:)

Today, for the first time in my life, I fit into an european size 40 jeans (6/8 US size, I believe) and a co-worker came to tell me that I´m shrinking !:)

I think the fact that I worked out really hard this week (spinning class everyday) has something to do with it !:) I´m really happy !

Have a great weekend!

BrandNewJen
02-01-2008, 11:42 AM
Today my nnew neighbor in the office next to mine came in with a HUGE container of homemade chocolate cookies :drool: and said, "Cookie for breakfast??"

I was like "noooooo! No thank you!! Please don't do that!" She was like "sorry, sorry!"

I'm afraid it came off as rude... but I was horrified and literally leaned away from them for fear my hand would dart into the container completely on its own!!!!

But --- I am COOKIE FREE - yay!

Robin41
02-01-2008, 12:18 PM
I bought a size 10 pair of jeans yesterday. I was standing there looking in the mirror trying to decide whether they were too tight, (I'm not really used to stuff that isn't big and baggy so I always think everything is too tight.), when another shopper said "Wow, those fit great. They're a great cut on you."

43 years old and I think that may be the first time anybody has ever said that to me. So I bought them even though the last thing I need right now is another pair of jeans.

BrandNewJen
02-01-2008, 12:26 PM
yay!!! I would have bought them too--- it's not like your mom or friend saying "No, really, they look good." A total STRANGER says that--- bravo!!!! :)

2beautiful2Bfat
02-01-2008, 12:33 PM
My cheekbones have come out of hiding!! I actually forgot what great cheekbones I had!!

Healthy Mama
02-01-2008, 05:45 PM
I had a sense of how really full I was after a sandwich at lunch today. Not uncomfortably so, just completely satisfied and how I really didn't want or need any more food. This is a real victory for an unconsious eater like myself who normally would just keep on stuffing it in :o

Happy Friday everyone!

Robyne

Shy Moment
02-01-2008, 05:58 PM
Everyone is doing so great. Congrats. I really trully think the nsv's are much more important than the numbers on the scale.

thehappyface2003
02-01-2008, 06:26 PM
Ya hoo! major hurdal, I got very frustrated and didn't turn to food! Yahoo a major hurdle! I am still walking the treadmill and losing and now my mouth is not controlling me as a comfort when I'm frusted! Second week into this new way of life. God bless all.

Shy Moment
02-01-2008, 07:17 PM
thehappyface
That is WONDERFUL. You feel in CONTROL you feel POWERFUL. That is exactly how you should feel. You are making good choices, you are deciding if you want to eat or not. Keep at it. You will find everyday it becomes a bit easier. One day you will be doing all the wonderful things you are doing and not thinking much about it.

gr8smyl99
02-02-2008, 06:25 AM
Way to go everyone! Feb may be the shortest month, but we're already rackin up the successes!!

My NSV is that I planned my day to allow me to have 1/2 bagel with some PB on it this morning at work. It took a bit of thought, but I did it. And hopefully that will help take away the guilt......

Shy Moment
02-02-2008, 08:10 AM
gr8
Have no guilt. Nothing wrong with what you had. Matter of fact fits nicely into the four basic food groups and if you like PB, there are a lot of things in it good for you. Enjoy

Jolly Molly
02-02-2008, 08:38 AM
I can fit into my jeans again! They're not skinny-sized jeans but I was very disappointed in myself when I outgrew them, but I'm wearing them right now.

LindseyLouWho
02-02-2008, 05:47 PM
I've gone exercising two days in a row! I'm really enjoying my new membership at the YMCA, so going to exercise doesn't feel like such a chore. I haven't exercised two days in a row in goodness knows how long... probably since last spring when I was living in Texas and going to 24 hour fitness, but I'd be really good and go like 5 days in a row and then not go for like a month! So I'm thinking that my two days here is a good start!

gr8smyl99
02-04-2008, 07:09 AM
Thank you, Shy! Your encouragement is always appreciated :)

Keep Rockin it Lindsey!

My NSV is that I passed up chocolate cake at a function saturday night. I thought about having a bite - then thought that I might not be able to stop at that, so I had it wrapped up, and brought it to a friend (a skinny one) who was disappointed to have missed it!

denialisnthappiness
02-04-2008, 08:46 AM
Not sure if this counts (yet).

Sitting at work. I made chocolate flap jack for my birthday offerings to the office and brought it in today. I swear it's calling my name! So far flapjack 0 denial 1... just gotta make it to the end of the day!

Am I bad for encouraging everyone else to eat more :( (then it won't be there to tempt!)

LaurieDawn
02-04-2008, 10:09 AM
At the last minute, my husband decided to have a family Super Bowl party. He made a plate of cheese, summer sausage, and pepperoni, bought chips and salsa, and ICE CREAM. So, we made a deal. I went for a walk during the first half of the Super Bowl, and he and the kids ate the food then. When I returned, the leftovers all went back in the fridge. Fortunately, the ice cream was gone. I packed the leftover meat and cheese in little baggies and they went to school in my kids' lunch boxes this morning. Finally, finally, I seem to have learned that even though I'm tough enough to resist most of the time, I need to get rid of the temptation so that I don't give in during my weakest moments. (Of course, despite a committed on plan weekend, I gained two pounds. Frustrating, but it happens sometimes.) And, of course, it was a great game.

BillBlueEyes
02-04-2008, 10:18 AM
I made chocolate flap jack for my birthday offerings to the office and brought it in today.

Pardon the ignorance here, but what is chocolate flap jack?

Beverlyjoy
02-04-2008, 10:28 AM
My NSV is that my mom complimented me on my wieght loss and that felt good. She asked if I was taking diet pills (it's what we did back in the late 60's and early 70's). It felt good to say that I did it on my own with the help of meditating. It was wonderful that she complimented me and that I said that is was just ME doing it. (of course, this the help of you all) That's a victory.

Switzie6
02-04-2008, 01:10 PM
I was wondering what a chocolate flap jack is too.

famograham
02-04-2008, 01:49 PM
I'm so happy!

I took my first month's measurements yesterday, and I've lost 7 inches in a month!!! :cheer:

2" off my waist
1" off my hips
2" off my bust
2" off chest below breasts (bra band line area)

Is that a good amount of inches to lose in a month, do you think???

Linda

Shy Moment
02-04-2008, 02:26 PM
Linda
That is so great. You are really loseing aren't you. You have to feel so proud of yourself

Beverly
It makes us all feel so great when people notice.

Laurie
My husband complains that he is getting fat because I make him eat all the junk I don't want in the house. I told him no, you are getting fat because you are a pig and won't toss anything in the trash lol

denialisnthappiness
02-04-2008, 03:51 PM
oh my chocolate flapjack is lovely! Hah it's probably the most unhealthy thing! Um recipe I used basically had:
225g unsalted butter
225 light muscavado sugar
175 golden syrup
300g cadbury dairy milk chopped
400g porridge oats

You basically heat the butter/sugar/syrup up into a mixture and let it cool then mix it into the chocolate and porridge - pop in an oven (in a shallow tray about 28*20cm) at 180 degrees centigrade for about twenty minutes, allow to cool chop up and voila... chocolate flap jack http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=320830&l=0d861&id=503813077

Rosemund
02-04-2008, 04:02 PM
I was clearing old clothes out of my closet this weekend (anything too big, or unwearable) and discovered that some of the too-small jeans and the more fitted t-shirts fit again. That was nice. I saved all my too-small size ten jeans as well, because they look so tiny to me now, but hopefully when I fit back into them they will help some with the feeling of still being large.

gr8smyl99
02-04-2008, 04:35 PM
Shy - I'm with you.... we should all remember that food is going to be "wasted" somehow...

I'd rather "waste" it in the trash - then have it appear on my "waist"!!
:)

Shy Moment
02-04-2008, 06:30 PM
gr8
I have decided I am never going to walk by a donut shop again. I didn't give in but I swear it was one of the hardest things I have ever done lol. They had just made fresh glazed donuts.

Rose
Good for you, get rid of that stuff you are not going to need it again. You will fit into those to small clothes before you know it. Just remember how small you think they look now and remember that is how small you are when you can wear them again.

I am so proud of myself. Since I had a whole day that I really had nothing to do. I decided today was going to be my 10 miles 1 mile walking/aerobic video at a time marathon day. I didn't think I was going to be able to do it but I DID IT. Wow I feel great.

gr8smyl99
02-05-2008, 07:24 AM
My NSV is that I stopped working for 2 minutes at 6:45, and ate my planned evening meal.

Normally what I'd do is plow right through - then at 9 pm I'd be starved, and eat the first thing that wasn't nailed down!

I WILL lose weight this tax season!!!!!

Zen Pharmacy
02-05-2008, 08:06 AM
I have begun to refind my amazing calf muscles from 5 years ago.

I really want to pull out some heels today, but it's raining so it must be a boots day.

Switzie6
02-05-2008, 11:12 AM
Two NSV's for me!
First I increased my weights on all the exercises during my strength training class last night, except shoulders, I can't seem to get my shoulders stronger.
And second I am wearing a pair for misses 18 pants today. I was up to a 20W and had been wearing a 18W for that last month or so.

aerotigergirl
02-05-2008, 11:35 AM
That's lots of inches, famogram! I can't wait to see my measurements go down. Congrats!

My NSV: I'm wearing one of my "skinny" shirts today! And it fits! :)

famograham
02-05-2008, 11:58 AM
:) Thanks! I wasn't sure :dunno:

:hug:

And, CONGRATS on your skinny shirt!!! :cheer2:

Eves
02-05-2008, 12:07 PM
wtg on the smaller sizes!!! It's a great feeling.

I have an incredible NSV today. It's a little over 1 year since my first time on a tread mill.

1 year ago I could barely walk on the treadmill. I would get shin splints. One year ago I could jog for maybe a minute before my calves were killing me. One year ago, I had to go to the elliptical to get my cardio because I was sure that my shin splints would forever keep me away from running.

Today I ran two miles on the treadmill. My legs feel fine. I actually felt a bit cheated since when I run without the treadmill two miles has at least my butt and hamstrings a bit achy. My friend who was with me last year and today was amazed. The best part is that I could have kept going, but my stubby little legs go slow and I had to go to work.

So there were go. A year ago I couldn't work out on a treadmill because I couldn't stay on it long enough. Today, I think it's actually easier than the elliptical. Whodda thunk?

LaurieDawn
02-05-2008, 01:18 PM
I found this amazing skirt on clearance for $3, and decided I would buy it. Even though my weight hasn't been going down as fast as I would like, my clothes are starting to be looser. I didn't have time to try it on, and I have been wearing 12's, but the 10 looked like it would fit. I'm never a good judge of that anymore, but I decided to go with the 10 and make it a goal skirt if it didn't fit. BUT IT FIT! Actually, it's a little too loose in the waist (but not in the hips - *SIGH*) A Wal-Mart 10, but still a 10.

Shy Moment
02-05-2008, 03:16 PM
laurie
That is so great. Getting into a smaller size can mean so much more than the lbs going down on the scale.

archy
:congrat: See how far you have come. Story's like yours are an inspiration to us all when we don't think we will ever be able to do something.

aerot
Nice going on the skinny skirt.

switz
Hey adding more weight is a big deal.

Zen
Doesn't it feel great to see the difference in your body :)

gr8
So glad to hear that. Eating right isn't the only thing we have to do. Sitting down and taking time to eat and enjoy what we are eating is important too.

barbygirl43
02-06-2008, 01:17 PM
I was able to put on my size 24 jeans this morning and they zipped and buttoned with no problems. :D

Robin41
02-06-2008, 01:30 PM
I wore a pair of bike shorts in public yesterday. It may be my biggest NSV ever. LOL. I bought myself a road bike and had to suck it up and buy the shorts that went with it. Eight months ago I couldn't have even dreamed about wearing bike shorts; I don't think they make that much Spandex.

I'm not saying they won't look better 10 pounds from now, but I looked pretty normal in them. Or as normal as anybody looks wearing a pair of shorts that has a padded seat sewn into them.

midwife
02-06-2008, 03:36 PM
Such great NSVs!!

Congrats on the inches lost, Linda! Your hard work is paying off! :carrot:

Robin! Spandex and a bike! Look out Tour de France! You are on your way! ;)

Woot, Dawnyal, that is great about the jeans! :carrot:

Congrats on the size 10, Laurie! :carrot:

Archy, fantastic job on your fitness and stamina! I can't wait to see where you are next year!

I love this thread! :)

Shy Moment
02-06-2008, 04:40 PM
Barby
Nice going on the jeans. Looks like all us Dawn's are doing really well. Must be the name Dawn lol.

Robin
I had no idea there was padding sewn into the shorts. I wondered how people could stay on those bikes so long lol. You must feel very proud of all you do.

Lifeguard
02-06-2008, 05:37 PM
I ovulated this month!!! Fingers crossed I get pregnant!

WebRover
02-06-2008, 09:03 PM
I sat in a room with a box of Duncan Donuts all day (9 am to 5:30 pm), was never tempted, never ate one. Didn't feel deprived.

Major NSV.

Shy Moment
02-07-2008, 01:47 PM
Web
If there were a fresh glazed donut in that box, I could have never resisted that long. Nice going.

Switzie6
02-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Had a great NSV today. One of my friends at work said a coworker of ours went up to her and said that it looked like I had lost a lot of weight. She said I had and he asked if I was sick cause I had lost so much. That made me laugh. And another coworker came up to me and told me that I was looking good. I've been walking around with a smile on my face not feeling grossly fat for the first time in a long while.

lyterae
02-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Yesterday as I was going around the house the hubby asked me why I was wearing pants that didn't fit (they're really loose in the butt and thighs), he suggested instead that I put on "those pants you bought that are too small". I looked at him and laughed, I was wearing those pants that I'd bought that were too small. :)

Also, I exercised today for the first time since December! Woot! :)

midwife
02-07-2008, 08:29 PM
Nice NSVs!! I had a few this week.

I had to move my watch band to a smaller size cause my watch was totally loose and sliding all over.

My jeans are loose enough that I can pull them on and off without unbuttoning the waist.

I cut 11 inches off my hair. I am feeling so good about my body and myself right now and that is very lovely.

Havingfaith
02-07-2008, 08:30 PM
My NSV this week has been that I have not turned to emotional eating! I have been stressed out this week. I'm waiting to get results from a blood test, and I haven't turned to food ONCE! That is huge for me!

Shy Moment
02-07-2008, 11:29 PM
Thought I would pop in and let everyone know what is going on. As you know we are tearing out the carpet in our one hallway and putting wood floors down. WELL since I am a accident looking for a place to happen. I found a place today lol. I tripped over a piece of lint ( lol ) on the floor we had just pulled the carpet off of and fell down the stairs. Let me re say that. I fell down the three stairs to the landing and then down the flight of stairs lol. I wasn't laughing at the time and sure hope God forgives me for the things I WAS saying on the way down. I will be ok but I did something to my hip, which I have no idea what they are talking about. Closest I can understand is that I sprained it. Well it means ( my mother has said this for years ) I finally found that place to darn near kill myself because I am such a klutz lol. The doc said I can walk all I want ( as long as it doesn't hurt to much ). No jumping or sprinting. Not really in the mood to jump or sprint lol. Think I might take his advice on that one lol. Did a couple one mile videos today ( did it hurt you might ask ) don't be foolish of course it hurt lolol. Do you think I am made of plastic hehehe. But, I was able to do them. Think the knee lifts and kicks are going to have to wait for a bit. So for now, it seems 1 mile videos and upper body workouts are going to be the exercise I can do. My daughter brought me Oreo cookies because of course they help with pain. I ate 10 of them before I knew it. Going to be paying for that. First time in almost 10 months I haven't been on plan. Won't kill me but sure isn't smart. Glad there are no more of the darn things in the house lol. Checked fit day. Since I have been on the lower end of what I allow myself for a few weeks, I am still within my ranges. Think this still means lots of chicken and salads for a week lol. Will just have to see how long it takes to get back into action. Doc said it could be a few days it could be a few weeks.

My nsv I still did my walking videos. Ok, not as many miles as I usually would and I didn't do all the steps just the walking basically but I kept with it.

Haveing
Good for you. You have learned from past behavior and over come it. That is HUGE nsv.

Mid
So many nice things happening. When I cut my hair from the bottom of my back to my shoulder I felt 20lbs lighter. Did you feel the same way? Oh my gosh I love it when you can pull the pants off and on without unbuttoning them. I don't even go down to a smaller size until that happens. Isn't it TERRIFIC. Pull them up and down girl, enjoy the feeling and the power. YOU are in control.

Lyter
Oh my gosh, lol I can see your smile clear over here. That is such a great story.

Swit
Isn't it funny. People think we are sick or taking pills or starving our selfs to lose weight. Never comes to mind we are eating right and getting some exercise. I bet your smile lit up the room.

sharonrr1
02-07-2008, 11:39 PM
Rennie, you better watch out before you break something.
My NSV is after 45 days in Florida on vacation, I still can wear the same clothes I did before my vacation. If I would of done this 2 years ago I would of had to buy bigger clothes when I got home.

Shy Moment
02-07-2008, 11:55 PM
Sharon
Way to go. Vacations can be real weight gainers for people. You did fantastic. I have always said thank heavens I was in ballet and gymnastics for years and years. I would be dead by now without them lol. I run into door frames, trip over lint and have fallen walking to the mail box over nothing lol.

gr8smyl99
02-08-2008, 06:12 AM
I hope you're feeling better Shy. You must be really dedicated if even bodily harm isn't stopping you LOL!

My NSV is that I'm plugging through a rough patch. It's not easy - but I keep thinking about that quote someone has on here about "picking your hard". And its soooo true!!

Thank you - to whoever that is :)

Lifeguard
02-08-2008, 09:02 AM
Shy - OMG - I'm glad you are ok. I fell down the stairs one time & it was not fun! Sounds like we might be similar in our klutziness - lol.

famograham
02-08-2008, 12:22 PM
I had my first notice-er yesterday! :) At only 12 pounds!

:cheer2:
Linda

blueyedlvrgirl
02-08-2008, 01:17 PM
On Fridays, my work provides bagels, muffins and pastries for breakfast. Before I started this journey, I would eat cereal at home, then come to work and eat a bagel and a 1/2 muffin (sometimes a whole one). This morning I opted to skip breakfast at home for a bagel at work, my weekly treat. Instead of choosing a white bagel, I chose a whole grain bagel with seeds. I also chose a half of a blueberry muffin. I ate the bagel and then stared at the muffin. I was entering my food for the day and looked up the muffin; 306 calories and 16 grams of fat for HALF! I looked at it knowing it wasn't worth it, then dumped it in the trash!!! All of that for a few bites? NOPE, not anymore! YAY! I feel really good about my choice. I am getting stronger and realizing that eating good and taking care of myself feel sbetter than eating a muffin that will slow me down and fatten me up! I guess it's working, I lost 2 lbs this week.
Congrats to everyone experiencing some NSVs...sometimes they mean more, b/c they show that our behaviors and thinking are changing...Also, most of the time they lead to a victory on the scale, as well!

Shy Moment
02-08-2008, 11:45 PM
blue
That is WONDERFUL. This isn't about doing without. We are making better choices.

famo
Enjoy the feeling. 12 lbs is a lot to lose. Feel good.

Life
I have always been an accident looking for a place to happen lol. No wonder I worry early to avoid the rush lol.

gr8
After an accident 20 odd years ago I was told I would never walk. I told them they were full of blue beans. With Gods help I learned to walk again. THAT was pain, this was nothing. It all depends on how we look at things. I do know if you don't move, you stiffen up and you just feel worse. I love that saying " pick your hard " is it so very true.

denialisnthappiness
02-10-2008, 03:25 PM
I went to see Jimmy Carr in Leicester on friday night. Not only was it a great evening (so funny!) but I went on my own and when I stood up to let people into their seats (as I was on the end of an aisle) I didn't have to leave the row to let them through - just merely stood against the seat - it was an amazing feeling. Not only is weight loss physically changing me, but I never would have had the confidence to go on my own before.

I'm off to the Forest of Dean on Saturday :cheer: on my own! :D

Oh and another thing... I am pretty much a size 14 in anything now - including Gap jeans (first time I've ever been into Gap!) and can do my 12s up and sit down :cheer2:

gr8smyl99
02-11-2008, 06:21 AM
I had a good weekend. Saturday, after my monster work week was finally over, I wanted something different for dinner. I've had enough chicken!! But instead of going crazy, I had a bowl of soup, and some pita with humus.

Also - my jeans were a little looser this weekend than they were last weekend :)

AnnCan1111
02-11-2008, 08:20 AM
My nsv is being on holiday for two weeks and my pants aren't as tight. I still can't believe it.

2beautiful2Bfat
02-11-2008, 10:18 AM
blue I can't believe you said no to the muffin!! I am totally impressed. You are quite an inspiration!! Not sure I could have done that!!

My NSV is that yesterday my wedding band fell off!! It just slipped off my finger!! I was so excited!! And DH said that when i hit goal I can get a new one. I'm excited about that too!

karmuz
02-11-2008, 10:59 AM
blue I can't believe you said no to the muffin!! I am totally impressed. You are quite an inspiration!! Not sure I could have done that!!

My NSV is that yesterday my wedding band fell off!! It just slipped off my finger!! I was so excited!! And DH said that when i hit goal I can get a new one. I'm excited about that too!

That's awesome!!! I love the idea of presents when you reach goal - I'm getting a whole new wardrobe from my bf when I hit goal or a size 6, whichever comes first. of course, my goal is goal or a size 6, and i'm almost there!

let's see.. for me so far this month..

I've lost 2 more inches off my waist even though the scale hasn't really budged!! no other inch losses, but it's great because i'm finally starting to look like this : >< rather than this: <> lol. my waist comes last when it comes to losing inches, so i am psyched!

also, I went out to dinner last night with my best friend - sushi - my total weakness - and i ordered exactly HALF of what I used to order (I used to get an app, an entree, and then rolls ON TOP of that, at least 3) When our food came, i was overwhelmed with HOW MUCH food it really was and I couldn't believe I could possibly eat it all, but at the same time i couldn't believe how much I used to order! It was still a HUGE dinner - a treat - 1/2 of each of the two apps we ordered, an order of soup, and three "special" rolls. I was incredibly full after dinner, but not stuffed to bursting, and I don't feel the same way I always did the day after a sushi dinner today - incredibly bloated. so my nsv is that my pants still fit today and I had a great time out last night. I wouldn't do it every day but the scale registered no change and it's proof to me that I can still go out from time to time and not have to go back to my old ways.

oh, and the size 10 jeans I bought at the begining of last month? I can take them off without unbuttoning them now. they just slide right off my hips. I've only lost like 4lbs since I bought them, and I went to the store like 2 weeks ago and tried on 8s and they definitely seemed a LONG way away then but I'm thinking maybe I should try again. because my waist is thick I'm still wearing higher sizers in higher rise pants but low rise flare leg tend to be most flattering to my figure anyway so that's my story and i'm sticking to it!

Switzie6
02-11-2008, 11:10 AM
Bought new clothes this weekend. Got pants in 16W instead of 18W and even bought an XL sweater from the regular section not the womens. I was hoping to be in the regular section for pants but then didn't have any misses 18s in anything. So I got the 16W, but the next step is definitely regular 16s!

Lifeguard
02-11-2008, 03:24 PM
I measured for the first time in a couple of months & I lost inches everywhere!!!

Also, yesterday I put on a dress & was admiring how it fit me & realized that I am looking more curvaceous. Because of my pcos I tend to hold my weight in my gut but I've been working hard at trying to get pregnant & trying to adjust my hormones to the correct balance & I think that as a result I am starting to change shape. My DH agreed with me (he hates to comment on my body when I ask him). Anyway, I see it as a good sign as the correct waist to hip ratio signals better fertility. Hormones affect where are fat deposits are centered.

aerotigergirl
02-11-2008, 04:58 PM
I have one!!! A few weeks ago, I bought Girl Scout Cookies from a co-worker. I didn't want the cookies, but I wanted to support his cause. So, I bought one box each of my FAVORITES: Samoas and Thin Mints. Today, they came in... So I paid for them... and then IMMEDIATELY opened the boxes and laid them out on the table in the public area. I didn't even have one!

Lifeguard
02-11-2008, 07:09 PM
I've been a girl guide leader for years - we're just as happy to get the donation! So if anyone ever feels this way just offer to give a donation. That way all of the money you give goes directly to the girls (instead of a portion paying for the cookies) & you don't need to worry about those darn cookies.

Great job!

WebRover
02-11-2008, 08:37 PM
I was able to wear a pair of jeans yesterday that I had only worn 2x when I bought them. They were originally snug and then too tight. Now they're a little loose. :D

missymckibben
02-11-2008, 08:40 PM
Aerotigergirl, GS cookies are so hard to pass up! I ordered some from my co-worker's daughter, but we are sending them to a friend in Iraq. I think that will be far enough away from me!

Missy

gr8smyl99
02-12-2008, 06:28 AM
I felt good last night when I passed up Pizza. Sometimes when we work late they bring in food, but my plan was to have a GoLean Bar for my dinner (I had a bigger lunch). And so I stuck with the plan - which was not easy - but so worth it in the end!

The ironic thing is.... I think the pizza probably had less calories - LOL!!

Rosemund
02-12-2008, 07:25 AM
I had pretty much the best NSV I've ever had about 15 minutes ago. I had to come straight back to tell you guys. I was out doing my cool-down walk after running and one of the women on the street pulled up in her car and said "I just have to tell you, you're my idol! I see you out here every day and I can't believe how much weight you've lost. You look great!" I think I may have floated home. I can't believe that happened.

Shy Moment
02-12-2008, 07:38 PM
rose
That is terrific. Not only did you get to have a smile the size of Texas. You may have just inspired someone else. WTG

gr8
You may well be right and less carbs too. Nice going that you stuck to your plans.

Misy
I am not sure if that would be far enough away for me lol. I guess we are going to do the same thing. I know I won't eat them if we are going to send them out. We send a care package every week.

Web
That is kind of a double edged sword isn't it. We are so ticked they are to lose and yet we hate that we can't wear them for long when we just got them lol.

Aero
Nice going.

Swit
Enjoy the change. Just think of the changes you are going to see in yourself by the time summer hits.

kar
I am so happy for you. Don't you just love being able to pull pants off without unbuttoning them.

2beautiful
that is funny and great. WOW a new band that is great.

Ann
That is great. We usually hear how people are fitting a bit snuggly into their clothes after holiday.

Beth
Did you know you can have pork tenderloin and it is very low in fat just like chicken. Nice going on how the clothes fit.

denial
Size 14 in anything, that is terrific.

kissingginger
02-12-2008, 08:05 PM
Hey all,

My NSV today was that I had to go out and get children's motrin for the kids fevers and I passed all the chips and chocolate and 2 bite brownies and all the other crap they sell. Whoo hooo! I admit, my tummy was grumbling...but I didn't cave in.

Cheers,
Ginger

luckyducky
02-12-2008, 09:12 PM
Almost every day at work someone brings in homemade goodies, now, usually I have to at least have a small sliver of whatever goodie is there, but, today, I was able to refrain from even nibbling that little bit!!! I had no desire to even try it!! I hope this feeling lasts...
Oh yeah, and one of the girls I work with told me she could tell I was losing weight...Yay!!

Shy Moment
02-13-2008, 01:28 AM
lucky
Nice going on both counts.

Kissing
Oh I understand how hard it can be. You did great. Look in the mirror and give yourself a smile.

gr8smyl99
02-13-2008, 06:36 AM
A great NSV.... I've been at a client the past 2 days who is an italian bakery! Besides the smell all day long - they usually bring us in a platter of stuff each day. But instead I said, "No Thank You". 3 little words that require no further explanation.... woohoo :)

2beautiful2Bfat
02-13-2008, 06:48 AM
lifeguard: hooray on all those inches lost and good luck with the fertility!

Rose: what a lovely feeling that someone noticed your loss and your efforts! My dream is for omone to look up to me.

I have 2 nsv's: yesterday I was able to button all the buttons on my winter coat!! I haven't been able to do that in about 2 years and so far this winter I have been walking around with only the top 2 dne up!

the second was a cute guy smiled at ne in the pharmacy. I'm married and was with my baby but he looked at me with that your hot look!

nylisa
02-13-2008, 11:20 AM
3hr+ slushy slog of a commute home last night, 2hr+ slushy slog of a commute in today. Normally, this would mean a hi carb/hi fat "treat" as a "reward" to myself. Instead, my breakfast treat was fresh, cut pineapple.

Shy Moment
02-13-2008, 11:31 AM
beth
That is just great. WOW what self control. You don't gain weight just walking in the door? lol I swear I gain weight just driving past the places.

2beautiful
You enjoy the difference. Sometimes it isn't the scale we need to pay attention to. It is things just like you experienced. Our clothes fit differently. I found this GREAT coat at the good will last summer. I fell in love with it just what I wanted. Well, by winter the thing was way way to big lol. I had to enjoy that it was to big.

nylisa
Nice choice. Oh i just love pineapple

gr8smyl99
02-14-2008, 07:19 AM
My NSV is this: I'm here & posting - and have been for a month & a half. And that's a success, because surrounding myself with motivating people who are in similar boats as me is sooooo helpful!!

Thank you all :)

2beautiful2Bfat
02-14-2008, 10:43 AM
I had naother NSV yesterday. I was working out and my workout pants kept falling off!! That has never happened. I am actually a bit sad cause I love those pants and I don't want to buy ANY new clothes until I get to goal!! I'm wearing a different pair today so we'll see what happens!

WebRover
02-14-2008, 11:32 AM
Had a small brownie yesterday at a company sponsored luncheon. Slowly took 4 small bites, then decided it really wasn't that good. Tasted like crisco and sugar. Set the rest aside and didn't finish it or even pick at it. Once I would have just scarfed it down because it was there. And then wondered ifI should go back and get another.

Shy Moment
02-14-2008, 11:37 AM
Web
That shows the changes you have made and it is wonderful.

My daughter brought home those cadbury caramel filled eggs. I use to love them. I took one little nibble and said darn this thing is sweet and gave it back to her.

2beautiful
Don't you just love and hate that. Do what I do. Roll them over at the waist lol.

gr8
It really is important to come here daily. Really motivates us and for me keeps me responsible for what I put into my mouth and how I treat my body.

Lifeguard
02-14-2008, 07:08 PM
Yesterday I went white water rafting on a last minute whim with someone I had just met. This is a nsv in several different ways. First off their is the whole issue I have with thinking people don't like me (don't ask - it's a long, pathetic story) & it was with someone I barely knew. Plus, I've been sliding a little lately & this just through a spike into life that I desperately needed!

WebRover
02-14-2008, 09:37 PM
Shy- I loved Cadbury Eggs, but just thinking about how sweet they are based on your post is setting my teeth on edge. Don't thinkI'll miss them this year.

NSV - went out for a nice valentine's dinner with my Sweetie and our daughter. Still have available calories if I want to snack. I'm comfortably fulland we all have leftovers in the fridge.

kissingginger
02-14-2008, 11:20 PM
My NSV today was going into the drug store, buying three small chocolates for my kids, and some chocolate for hubby and NOT getting myself anything. And not feeling badly about it either!!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!
Cheers,
Ginger

Shy Moment
02-15-2008, 02:55 PM
wow, sounds like everyone is doing great. Glad to hear it. Makes me smile all thru the day.

valpal23
02-15-2008, 03:37 PM
I had a great NSV yesterday - I did a plow pose during my pilates routine. first time ever! I only rolled my eyes at the thought of doing that at my highest weight.. granted my back ACHES today.. and I have a long way to go to strenthen my core so I can really do it as well as I want.

I actually did a plow so well I rolled overback backwards lol... I seriously just laid on the floor and laughed at myself. a year ago I wouldnt have believed this.

Lifeguard
02-15-2008, 08:45 PM
I went to the gym today & had a good hard workout. I had a woman with me whom is here with her husband (who works with my husband) who is much slimmer & younger than me. She said she wanted to follow along with my normal routine. I think she will be hurting tomorrow - lol. It is kind of nice to see how good a shape I am despite my size.

gr8smyl99
02-16-2008, 06:44 AM
Yesterday I did NOT "stock up" on 1/2 price, day after, holiday candy!!

woohooooo :)

Shy Moment
02-16-2008, 10:04 AM
gr8
I can remember doing that. Nice going. I didn't even think about it. Darn you reminded me of all the money I didn't save lol.

Life
I have always said you are so strong you could toss me around lol.

Val
Nice going.

luckyducky
02-16-2008, 10:17 AM
Last night, I was ( am) on call for the hospital, it was a busy day yesterday, and lasted long into the evening. I was very tired and thought I was hungry, so my son and I went to the store to get a movie and something to eat ( now, mind you, I am thinking the whole time about all the great fattening stuff I can eat...). Got the movies and were wondering thru the store looking for what I might actually want. I am going to eat something really full of calories and fat, so I want it to be worth it... I get to the bakery counter and there it is, A great big wonderful Bismark!!! I get a bag, and then start thinking, does this really taste as good as I want it to? Is it worth the calories and fat I know it contains? Is all the time I have spent so far on my new lifestyle not worth it? Do I really WANT to eat this? Nope, I didn't, now, any other time, when I am vulnerable like this, that is exactly what would go into my cart ( yes, I even took a cart...), NOT TODAY!!!!! I stayed with my new lifestyle and left the store with a bottle of water, that is it!!! I giant leap of achievement for me!!!!

Tonia
02-16-2008, 12:38 PM
I have two for this week:

1) I posted this on a different thread...but, I didn't go 'overboard' during my student's VD party - honestly, I didn't even get ON the board!!! :carrot: :carrot:
2) I was feeling kind of down 'cause after losing 24 pounds my clothes are looser but I didn't notice any other difference. Well, I tried on a pair of pants that I have not been able to wear for a while and they fit!!! They are TWO sizes smaller than what I normally wear (I am not kidding myself here, though, as they were a larger 18 to begin with - but thats okay!). This is totally motivating!!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

gr8smyl99
02-18-2008, 07:15 AM
I've got 2 this weekend: I made good choices at dinner Saturday night - and I purposely didn't finish my meal, but instead had it boxed up to take home.

Also - on my lazy day at home yesterday I didn't overeat! I found other things to do when the "snack itch" hit me :)

karmuz
02-18-2008, 11:36 AM
Everyone's got such great NSV's this month!!

and here's mine -

I am throwing out the towels!
For the longest time, I have ONLY used beach towels for drying myself off after showering. They're bigger than standard bath towels, and the only thing I could tuck around myself and have it stay on while i prepare my "toilet" lol
well, this morning all of THOSE towels were in the dryer so i grabbed one of my bf's standard sized bath towels, and not only did it wrap around me, it stayed put!!
later today, i am going to take all the beach towels and put them in the back room and ONLY use them for what they were intended for - the beach!

Shy Moment
02-18-2008, 03:28 PM
You all are doing so great CONGRATS. Oh I love the towel story. You had to have had a smile on your face all day.

BattleAx
02-18-2008, 04:03 PM
Next week I will be flying. Normally, about a week before a flight I'd start to panic about squeezing into the seats, feeling pain and humiliation, and wondering if the airline would make me pay for another seat.

This is the first time *in years* that I feel absolutely nothing about the upcoming plane trip. I know I will fit into the seat, and the belt will buckle.

Lyn2007
02-18-2008, 04:58 PM
Here's mine:

My husband, who is generally oblivious whether I am a size 26 or a 22 and doesn't make a peep even when I lost 30 pounds while he ws away on a trip... said to me on Valentine's Day (when I was in my cute red top and size 22 jeans)...

"You look GOOD mama!"
and later..
"You are really looking good!"

(this is a big deal coming from him!)

luckyducky
02-18-2008, 08:39 PM
That is terrific Lyn!! I lok forward to the day someone says that to me!! ( where is Vin Diesel when I want him!!!;) )
Mine is today, once again in the lounge /breakroom someone brought in carrot cake, ( one of my personal weaknesses), I looked at it and thought, is it worth losing ground to all the weeks of trying out this new lifestyle?? I pondered that question for half a second, and nope, it wasn't!!! I said no to my favorite cake for now!!!!

Lifeguard
02-18-2008, 11:06 PM
Today I had a good workout in the gym - even though I really wasn't in the mood to be there!

karmuz
02-19-2008, 12:54 PM
You all are doing so great CONGRATS. Oh I love the towel story. You had to have had a smile on your face all day.

Shy,

I always do! Seeing how much my body is changing POSITIVELY every day keeps me motivated. It's amazing how much of a difference every single pound makes now that i'm so close to goal. It makes me wish i was less camera shy when i was at my HW so that i could share the difference with everyone. I know i'm constantly gushing over all the differences but these last 20 (almost 25 now!!) lbs have made such a HUGE difference in the shape of my body and how i feel that i wonder why i waited so long after dropping the first 50 to continue this!
I've learned so much about myself and my body during this journey and i'm blessed, really, to have a body that really WANTS this. I'm happier and healthier than I've ever been, even healthier than I was when I was "thin" in high school. I can't believe the denial i was in for so long, and i'm so sorry that i treated my body the way that I did for so many years.

Lyn2007
02-19-2008, 06:44 PM
I had one yesterday and one today!

Yesterday I rode my exercise bike for 12 minutes, on level 3 resistance and it was EASY!! I had been having a hard time doing level 2 for 10 minutes. Suddenly something kicked in and it got easy!

And today, I got up, eyeballed my size 22 jeans (which fit but I always wonder if I am really a size 22). I decided to wear the 24's instead (cause I figured they fit better). I went to a store and tried on a top... and suddenly looked in the mirror and noticed my jeans were literally HANGING off me, with about 3 inches hanging below the crotch and the butt!!!! When did this happen? I am retiring the 24's and going forward with 22's :)

dustdiva
02-19-2008, 09:31 PM
I'm "only" in my 5th week of a weight training class, but already see results in my strength (I can beat eggs like never before :devil: ) and in my body. And when we did a circuit routine last week, the cardio part didn't kill me!

I love everyone else's NSVs -- it's a good reminder that we're not just a number on the scale.

Lyn2007
02-20-2008, 11:20 AM
Today I am actually boxing up my clothes that are too big. It feels SO GOOD.

Yesterday I bought myself a new shirt that I love. It is just a HAIR too small... I think it will be perfect in 5 pounds. I can't wait to wear it!

bigtxmomma
02-20-2008, 06:24 PM
I've been collecting a couple.

* This morning, I was lying awake on my back, and my DH (who, in the past month, has said he can't tell any difference w/ my weight loss because he sees me every day) freaked out when he looked over at me because my stomach was way flatter than it usually is. He couldn't get over it and took a picture with his phone. It made me feel good because he's really too honest (which is hard sometimes, ha) so I know it was sincere shock.

* Also, I had to retire a pair of exercise pants I bought only a month ago cuz they kept falling off my butt while exercising.

gr8smyl99
02-21-2008, 07:11 AM
I didn't give in to PMS cravings! I reminded myself at the store last night that a box of chocolate donuts would NOT make my cramps & crabbiness go away!

Lyn2007
02-21-2008, 11:17 AM
I had one this morning. I looked in the mirror and my face is noticably thinner than it has been. I am getting a jawline.

Shy Moment
02-21-2008, 01:26 PM
WOW Keep up the good work everyone. Sure glad to see everyone is feeling good about them selfs.

kissingginger
02-21-2008, 02:01 PM
I've had a couple NSV's lately :

1) I brought my own chicken salad to a family function. No one said anything, but I know it was a bit "weird". Too bad for them, I am not eating the crap just because it's there. A reminder of this was on TBL when the families all had huge spreads of food.

2) I have these super sized towels -1 each for DH and I. Well mine was in the wash and I used a smaller towel (still the big size) and it actually tucked in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was a HUGE thing. I was so shocked.

Cheers, Ginger

Tonia
02-21-2008, 09:46 PM
I love this thread. It is incredibly motivating!

I have one...I tried on two pair of pants in my closet that had not fit me (one pair was brand new!) and they both fit - I wore them to work this week! (now, if only someone at work would NOTICE! Not one person has said a word :( )

KrisR
02-21-2008, 09:58 PM
I have a funny one....

At the gym yesterday, I was in a hurry to get dressed. All day, I kept feeling like something was strange under my clothes. Well, do you know the saying "don't get your panties in a wad"? Well, I found out after my leg waxing that my panties were in a wad. I had put one leg through the waist band so that meant one of the leg openings was around my waist. Not the most comfy of fits....but....and here's the NSV.....how cool and fun that the leg of my panties DID fit around my waist! I think it's time to go shopping for new, smaller panties!

Shy Moment
02-22-2008, 12:58 AM
kris
Oh my gosh that is funny. You didn't have to go to the bathroom all day and find this out lol.

Tonia
That is terrific. Remember, some times people just don't know what to say. If they notice that means they notice how big you were and that might make you feel bad. If they don't say anything you think they don't notice. Believe me, they probably do notice.

AutumnHarvest
02-22-2008, 02:46 AM
I joined a gym!

Healthy Mama
02-22-2008, 02:48 AM
Thanks for the laugh Kris. That is a riot!

My NSV this week is that my jeans were falling off of me at the playground today. I found myself hiking them up constantly. Nothing feels better than jeans that were sooo tight that I left the button undone now having a huge gap in the waist!

Cheers
Robyne

Lovely
02-22-2008, 07:59 AM
Two things:

1st: This past weekend, I bought a few size 22 pants & size 18/20 tops! (I'm officially retiring from "size 24".) The pants are somewhat loose in places, too. So I know in a few months I'll be picking up a pair of 20's! The size 18/20 tops are only a tad snug around my hips (my widest body area), but when I tried on the 22/24 tops they were baggy & frumpy & hanging off of me in a very unflattering way. Too big! So, I'll be shrinking more into the 18/20 and within a few months I'm sure they'll fit great, perhaps by the time I need size 20 jeans ;) It was just amazing to be in that dressing room and say "I'm a size smaller? :?: ... I'm a size smaller :) ... I'm a size SMALLER! :twirly:"

2nd: Just a small thing, but last night I was at game with my gamer friends, and they all ordered pizza, but I had brought my steamed rice & vegetables with shrimp. That pizza was calling my name in many romantic languages, but I ate my yummy food, and said to myself "That pizza is just food. It's just food." That put things into perspective, and when my friends offered me the last slice I was able to confidently say "No thank you, I'm full!"

gr8smyl99
02-22-2008, 09:24 AM
Just a small one.... home alone last night - still didn't overeat!

GirlyGirlSebas
02-22-2008, 09:27 AM
Just a small one.... home alone last night - still didn't overeat!

No, that's not small at all. That's a biggie in my book!

midwife
02-22-2008, 11:51 AM
Such great NSVs!!

I have a jean NSV also. I have two pairs, one has been getting steadily bigger and bigger on me and I just can't wear them anymore and the other pair has worn out by the pockets too much for me to wear. So last night I pulled on a pair of DH's jeans and they fit me! I definitely need to go shopping but it is nice that I fit into DH's jeans. :-)

TakingBkTheTrumpCard
02-22-2008, 02:52 PM
Great topic...

My supportive DW went to our doctor today and he told her that he is really proud of my progress and that my health is improving everytime he sees me...It felt great to hear!!

Shy Moment
02-22-2008, 05:34 PM
Seems like everyday someone is dropping a size. That is TERRIFIC. Going to have to keep you all in snack size baggies before long so I can find you :)

Mamma Louie
02-22-2008, 06:03 PM
I have a NSV. Recently, my DH was spooning me and said I had hollows around my middle. The next day I stood up and looked in the mirror. And sure enough there are two hollows where I have lost weight on both sides of my stomach. OMG I am getting a WAIST! :D ~ Gretchen

PS I love this thread. So very very inspiring.

Lifeguard
02-22-2008, 06:52 PM
Trump - that's fantastic. It's nice when people talk about you, eh?

Lyn2007
02-22-2008, 07:41 PM
I went to WalMart today wanting to buy a new shirt. I actually got into an 18/20! Unbelievable. I was in 26 for so long.

hafowler
02-22-2008, 09:36 PM
I've been dragging my big butt through Turbo Jam since the beginning this month. Really pushing myself, and finishing most times, but feeling like boiled death by the time I was done (only 30 minutes, and low-impact to boot!)

Today, I actually felt in control of my form. I was sweating and out of breath, but I actually felt invigorated when I was done. I really felt like I had accomplished something!

Shy Moment
02-23-2008, 12:33 PM
haf
Oh I do understand. I can remember when a 1 mile walking/aerobic video was all my lungs could take. Now I do up to 3 miles with ease. Makes you feel so good when you can see how far you have come. Enjoy that feeling it goes on and on and really does help get your through the tough times.

Havingfaith
02-23-2008, 05:52 PM
Today, I spent 3 hours cleaning our two vehicles inside and out - instead of vegging around the house watching TV or hanging on the internet. It felt good to get that accomplished.

And this week, I also resisted another student's birthday cupcake! I know I "could" have had it, but it didn't even look yummy, so I decided not to take a bite and waste the calories.

And my most important victory was that I got back on track this week. Last week, I was ready to throw in the towel over a 2-pound weight gain, but I stuck with it. I feel good about that decision.

Tonia
02-24-2008, 06:48 PM
I feel a newfound energy today. I am getting lots done around the house!

gr8smyl99
02-25-2008, 07:11 AM
Here's a big one!! I put a spoon - covered with hot fudge - directly into the sink of soapy water. And nobody was around - so it would have been very easy to "sneak" and just stuff it in my mouth.

But then I thought - how many calories would be in that one moment, which would then, of course be ridden with guilt! So I made a deal with myself - and decided to allow myself 2 hershey kisses if I really wanted the chocolate - but that I would have to eat them with my husband. And I didn't!

Bottom line - I thought the whole thing through - and I made a choice that represents getting away from "sneaky eating". And that's the biggest success for me!!

Beverlyjoy
02-25-2008, 12:38 PM
Last weekend, we brought Chinese food over to my son & DIL's for lunch (their request). I ate won ton soup and some veggies and that was a good choice for me, instead of some things very greasy.

Lyn2007
02-25-2008, 06:01 PM
Beth, I LOVE your hot fudge NSV! That's a great one! I have been working on the spoon/sink thing too. When I bake I madly throw the bowl and spoons into the sink and turn on the water and squirt in some soap before I can lick them. Its like a race between my hands and my tongue.

Shy Moment
02-25-2008, 07:49 PM
having
I have been doing spring cleaning. Makes me feel good to accomplish things instead of checking out the fridge all the time lol.

Tonia
You will find washing windows, going up and down stairs and ladders just don't seems as hard as they use to. It is so great for our body's to get into shape.

gr8
Oh my gosh congrats that had to be hard. I make sure I have a sink full of soapy water already made to plop anything in I don't want to push itself into my mouth lol. You know how spoons covered in cake batter can force them self into your mouth lol.

Beverly
I love animal and rice ( house fried rice it is called most places ). I have found I can make it at home in a healthy manner so we don't get take out anymore. That stuff is so darn good I can only imagine how much bad stuff is in it. Nice going on the control.

LisaF
02-25-2008, 09:24 PM
After a full week of no exercise (due to bodily pains and other excuses), I was back in the groove today. I think if I had waited too much longer, it would have been incredibly easy to quit altogether. I'm so proud of myself for not doing that!

gr8smyl99
02-26-2008, 06:31 AM
I meant to post this on Sat, but I think I have finally conquered the bagel demon! And, as usual, it was all in my head!

Now on Saturdays at work I allow myself to eat a whole grain bagel with the insides scooped out with PB. And I fit it into my plan, and I don't feel guilty!!!

dgramie
02-26-2008, 09:48 AM
I have one. I have been dieting and exercising for one month today. I took my measurements and I have lost inches. The most amazing thing is when I took my blood pressure this morning I noticed my cuff is no longer tight when i pump it up. Plus my heart rate is down and my blood pressure is also.

Shy Moment
02-26-2008, 09:59 PM
deb
Both of those things are terrific and much more important than the numbers on a scale.

gr8
That is terrific. There is nothing we can't have. We just have to put it in the plan we allow our selfs.

Lisa
I am sure everyone of us understands what you are saying. Sometimes we just have to DO IT.

LaurieDawn
02-27-2008, 10:05 AM
I am sick. Worse - my kids are sick, so I have been getting very little sleep. Plus I have pressure at work. And - so far - I have not allowed this to derail either my food or my exercise, and the scale's rewarding me. Amazing.

Robin41
02-27-2008, 10:15 AM
So this may actually be a little scale related, but, my current weight and my goal weight are almost overlapping on my little ticker. I just noticed it. How cool is that?

bigtxmomma
02-27-2008, 04:16 PM
A kind of NSV: I've noticed that I've been sleeping sooooo much better for the past few weeks, and I remember my dreams EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. I don't know if it's from the exercise I've been doing, but something positive is going on in my body.

Shy Moment
02-27-2008, 04:56 PM
Laurie
When times are tough we find out we are even tougher. Nice going.

Robin
I did notice that. Congrats, you have to be so proud of yourself. People like you make me see I can do it and will get to where I want to be.

bigtx
I really think taking off the weight helps. I no longer need my machine at night so I don't stop breathing. It is terrific.

gr8smyl99
02-27-2008, 08:56 PM
I really think I'm starting to think better. Last night we had to run to the store, unexpectedly, to pick up a few space heaters - as our furnace died - and nobody could fix until today.

Anyway - instead of stopping for junk while we were out - I yelled to hubby to grab 2 "bars" (He eats Power - I eat GoLean) - and I grabbed 2 apples - and off we went! Dinner on the go does not need to be an excuse to eat badly!

Shy Moment
02-27-2008, 10:33 PM
gr8
That is great. Feels good when you make good choices.

LisaF
02-27-2008, 11:57 PM
Today I called my mom and told her that as much as I love receiving shaloch mones (gifts of food for an upcoming Jewish holiday), I'm trying to keep sweets out of the house. I asked that if she was going to send it, to please not send chocolates and cookies.

It was hard to ask, because my family has a very strong shaloch mones tradition. Growing up, every year my parents and I used to bake and assemble the delivery boxes, and usually I got to decorate them... I didn't want to offend my parents, or look like I was rejecting the tradition. My mom, bless her, just asked, "What kinds of things would work better?"

This was a totally proactive NSV, because I know I would have eaten the hamentashen (special cookies) if they had actually come all the way from NY for me. This way I get the best of both worlds.

Shy Moment
02-28-2008, 12:23 AM
Lisa
Good for you and great for your mother understanding.

karmuz
02-28-2008, 06:55 AM
I bought a new pair of jeans the other day... and they're a size 8! I am firmly in a 10 with most cuts, but these..
well, i couldn't NOT buy them, they fit so well.
with the exception of my HS graduation dress - which was a size 6 and not pants - i have never in my life owned a piece of clothing with a single digit size.

gr8smyl99
02-28-2008, 07:44 AM
Karmuz - that is so exciting!!

Shy - I have to thank you for being such a great supporter!!

Shy Moment
02-28-2008, 04:50 PM
gr8
You are one of the people on this site that makes me smile. You make me see how far I have come when I just don't see it. I see strength in you when you don't see it yourself and in turn, I see strength in myself.

LisaF
02-29-2008, 01:25 AM
Tonight I went out to one of my favorite mom-and-pop Italian places, and I ordered one of my favorite things on the menu, a calzone.

I can hear you asking, "That's a victory??" But it was. It was a huge victory, because I proved to myself that I can still eat the foods I love without succumbing to the all-or-nothing mentality. I had a salad to start, didn't eat any of the garlic bread, and when the meal came I cut my calzone in half and decided to bring a full half home with me. And so I did.

I ate slowly, and I really enjoyed my meal, and I didn't let a wonderful off plan entree send me spiralling into an off-plan night. And I didn't spend the rest of the night berating myself for eating and enjoying it. I feel pretty good about that.

Lisa

gr8smyl99
02-29-2008, 06:29 AM
Lisa - that is a HUGE success!! Because that's what I believe will be the thing that makes it work forever.

I had a bigger lunch yesterday, and then made up for it by just having cauliflower & hummus for dinner. Then, when I got home, and was still hungry, I had an extra piece of fruit! All in all - I think the day was a success :)

wanderingfatgirl
02-29-2008, 06:56 AM
I can climb the half-mile of hill behind my house with stopping once! And I can even do a little bit of a jog just before I reach the top... couldn't do that 20lbs ago!

And, I had my first "have you lost weight?" notice yesterday. Someone other than my DH has noticed. Woo hoo!

Shy Moment
02-29-2008, 08:54 AM
Wandering
Sounds like you are doing great. Bet it made you feel good that someone noticed.

gr8
That is exactly the way to do it.

Lisa
That is a huge victory. There is no reason to do without. We just have to eat within reason. Just because we have something we don't normally have doesn't mean we have to go hog wild. Nice going on letting yourself have something you really like, you don't have very often and enjoying it.