Support Groups - Short Chicks--Feb 08

View Full Version : Short Chicks--Feb 08

Shay
02-01-2008, 05:33 AM
Good morning everyone! Here's to a fantastic February!

Enygirl
02-01-2008, 09:52 AM
My Birthday is in 9 days! I"M EXCITED!!! I'm like a kid when it comes to my Birthday! :celebrate:

I would LOVE to be out of the #180's by then! Here to working out, eating right and moving forward!!!

CherryAutumn
02-01-2008, 10:00 AM
Oh look a fresh start. It is nice to get to post and not feel overwhelmed to catch up.

Hi Shay and Enygirl!

teacher1
02-01-2008, 07:01 PM
Hi everyone,
TGIF :) Have a great weekend :)

crbowles
02-01-2008, 07:55 PM
Hey everyone!! What's up this weekend?? I have my WI tomorrow morning and have some errands to run.

Karen31
02-01-2008, 08:00 PM
:bday2you: Happy Birthday enygirl!!! Mine is on Valentine's Day! :carrot: I guess February is a good month !!!! ;) Enjoy your day!

Twentytogo
02-01-2008, 09:25 PM
Happy February and TGIF :dancer:

The girls at work ordered pizza for lunch. I powered thru temptation, thinking of the good week I had, so I came home and ate turkey & cottage cheese.

Shay
02-02-2008, 07:49 PM
Hi everyone,
Good to see everyone found the new thread. I guess it helped that the moderator closed the old one. They are good about that. Any specific goals for the month? I would love to get out of the 220's.

Enygirl & Karen--My mom's birthday is on Tuesday.

teacher1--I hope your weekend is great too!

crbowles--Nothing too exciting. Catching up on school work. Watching the game on Sunday.

TTG--Great job on resisting the temptation!

Enygirl
02-02-2008, 09:22 PM
Shay - My goal is to be into the lower 1/2 of the #170's by the end of the month. I'm going to stick w/ my #7-10 a month thing - even though I only went 1/2 way last month.

My "official" Feb 1 weigh in was #182.4 - so I'm aiming for #172.2 (my scale only shows even 10ths:))

I would LOVE to be out of the #180's for my birthday - I just have to stay OP all week - and work my BUTT off!!!

teacher1
02-02-2008, 10:32 PM
My goal is to be at 160. This weekend has been way too much bad food. Anyone have great Super Bowl plans? My DB family is coming over so we'll see how it goes in the new house. It's our first party.

Enygirl
02-04-2008, 01:04 PM
Day 2 of week one - and things are still going good :) Yesterday was a bit of a binge day - but not too bad - and I'll still ok for the weekly calorie intake allotment without having to starve myself come Saturday ;)
here's some :dust: for the week

So it's also day 2 of BIRTHDAY WEEK! Yesterday DBF - took me to the movies - we saw Rambo - I LOVE GORE! Today I'm off to get my hair and eyebrows done... and tomorrow - who knows! :) I love my Birthday! :balloons:

crbowles
02-04-2008, 01:58 PM
The only good thing that happened this weekend was that I was down 1.2 and the GIANTS WON!!! Other than that, my 8yo DS has been sick for three days. No school for him today!

Catch y'all later!

teacher1
02-04-2008, 10:13 PM
Hello all,
A busy day at work today. I need to get back to my exercise routine.

teacher1
02-05-2008, 06:30 PM
A quick hi to everyone :)

Twentytogo
02-05-2008, 09:11 PM
Its been a crazy busy weekend and 1st part of week. I'm working out pretty hard everyday. More snow again for us, maybe another snow tomorrow. Wish it was for work too! Oh well, just wanted to say a quick hi to everyone and hope all is well.

Shay
02-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Hi everyone
Been busy as usual but trying to check in at my usual places. Nothing too terribly exciting going on here.

Enygirl
02-06-2008, 10:46 AM
Shay good to see you - nothing exciting going on here either. ;) Just plugging away - trying to shed this weight... I'm waiting *almost* patiently for Spring - Then I can do more work outside. I found a garden Gnome that I HAVE to buy! I can't wait to be able to plant flowers again!

Anyhow - just me checking in. :dust: for all!

Twentytogo
02-06-2008, 06:08 PM
Thanks for spreading the WILL POWER dust Eny!, I should have snorted it (just a pun people), someones wife brought in home baked M & M cookies to our office today for his B-day. I stayed away from them for about 2 hours, then I caved. I ended up eating 2. Could have been worse I guess since they were about 7 ft away from me all day.
My jeans feel alot looser the past week but the scale doesn't show much going on. I'll take that with a grain of salt, maybe I gained a little muscle!!!

PS ENYGIRL: think a snow day is in store tomorrow? :yay::yay::yay:If so, I can get an extra 30 minutes to sleep in the morning!

Enygirl
02-06-2008, 06:59 PM
tttg - I've already called in! well technically - I will work from home tomorrow :) I love those days!

I hate office food! We have a girl in our office that's a spitting image to Barbie who's CONSTANTLY bringing in cookies & brownies etc. etc... She gets mad when i don't come and visit her on those days... but she has to understand - I'm only 2/7th of the way to goal! I can't give up now!!!

CherryAutumn
02-07-2008, 11:32 AM
I could really use some of that Will Power Dust. Thanks i keep some in a jar. ;) I am trucking along and i am buckling down and going to do this. I am tired of being this way.

teacher1
02-07-2008, 09:43 PM
I'm not focused this week at all on my goals. I need to get back on track, so I'll grab some of that will powder dust :)

Shay
02-08-2008, 04:10 PM
You're right on time Enygirl. I will take some willpower dust too.

teacher1
02-09-2008, 10:12 AM
This has been a rough week with the dieting. I gained a pound :( So I need to hop back on the wagon. Wish me luck :)

vixjean
02-10-2008, 03:24 AM
High short chicks!
I lost 2.2 lbs in Feb (go me!), the goal was 5.
I am totally stalled with my weight loss and starting to start up some bad habits again. I think I get so intimidated at the road in front of me.
Great to have girls around my height here.

Enygirl
02-10-2008, 09:03 AM
I'm having one HECK of a time getting out of the 180's! I get really close and them BAM - I gain again. TOM showed up this morning - and brought #3 of water weight him him (very normal for me) So I'm not counting this week's weigh in.

I'll make my Valentine's weigh in the official one. - Plus that's my mini-goal date anyhow. :) I know that TOM will take all the weight he brought - so I'm not stressing too bad. I can't wait until I get to goal, and TOM's weight doesn't effect my pysche so much!

Shay
02-10-2008, 10:47 PM
vixjean--Love your hair!

Us shorties do have it a bit different don't we? That's why I wanted to start this thread. If I think too hard on what I need to be to only be considered "overweight" I get overwhelmed. I need to remember one moment at a time. Also I see those BMI tables as a guideline. I might be more than comfortable with staying "overweight". We shall see.

teacher1
02-11-2008, 06:26 PM
Hi all,
A good day at work. I'm back on track. Have a great night :)

teacher1
02-13-2008, 06:51 PM
ahhh, so much junk food this week. plus, tomorrow with Vday party at school. Feb has been a hard month for me

teacher1
02-14-2008, 06:08 PM
Happy Valentine's Day!!! So much junk at school today. Yuck

teacher1
02-15-2008, 06:09 PM
Where is everyone :( Yeah, 3 day weekend :)

Shay
02-17-2008, 01:03 PM
Teacher1--You made the last 4 posts no wonder you asked that!!! I love 3 day weekends too. Been doing laundry, general cleaning, and need to work on school stuff today and tomorrow. I also want to read my IE book at some point this weekend too. Productive weekend so far.

teacher1
02-18-2008, 11:12 AM
Hi all,
Just enjoying my day off. Everyone have a great day :)

Enygirl
02-18-2008, 04:51 PM
Sorry everyone - things are crazy here. A lot going on. Ill post when I have my thoughts together a little more.

teacher1
02-19-2008, 07:07 PM
Eny- I hope things slow down for you.

It's my 3rd day in a row exercising. The bad thing is girl scout cookies were delivered today. Yikes!

Shay
02-19-2008, 10:47 PM
I know what you mean teacher1. I got my girl scout cookies too. I leave them at work. That really helps me because I'm one of those that eats appropriately in public.

Enygirl
02-20-2008, 10:42 AM
mmm girl scout cookies! I was good this year and only bought 2 boxes, and both of them are ones that I don't like a lot. THat will help me :) I know i'm getting mine on Tuesday - and I'll take them home to DD & DBF and will become a hero! :D

Good news - is everyone at work is now in St. Louis for our event - and things here will calm down a TON - until they come back next week. ;) I won't have as much overtime this week - but that's ok. I'll survive...

I'm excited because I get to look at new cars this weekend. I really want a newer Ford Focus. I have to see if the dealership will turn off the airbag though. I can't sit far enough away from the steering column for it to be safe. - as many of you know. Right now I'm driving a '97 - I want something newer then DD - who just turned 6. :D

Ok - back to work - it's nice because I can actually catch up now! :yay:

teacher1
02-21-2008, 01:30 PM
home sick today :(

Shay
02-21-2008, 04:04 PM
teacher1--I hope you feel better soon.

I'm home too but I just got off work a little earlier today.

Enygirl
02-22-2008, 10:18 AM
I'm playing hookie today - I've been working a TON as you all know, and I had my 40 hours in on Thursday - so I decided to take a day off. I still ended up doing a little bit of work this morning - but now I'm done. I'm going to get my house back in order today... not daughter home, DBF is leaving for work in a few minutes... ahhhh... peace! I don't know what I'm going to do with myself! :D - but I'm going to like it!!!

teacher1
02-22-2008, 12:13 PM
Eny- enjoy your alone time!

I'm home sick again today :( Yuck, on the up side the scale is going down.

Enygirl
02-22-2008, 02:32 PM
teacher :getwell: being sick is the WORST! but I did lose about #5 the week I was sick - and only gained back about #3 of it when I came to. :)

Rest and relax... it'll all work out!

teacher1
02-23-2008, 01:57 PM
Hey everyone,
Another yucky sick day. Have a great weekend.

Shay
02-25-2008, 12:33 PM
teacher1--How are you doing? Feeling better? I hope so.

teacher1
02-25-2008, 06:55 PM
Likenoother- Thanks for thinking of me. I'm much better and went back to work today. My nose is raw and I have an old man cough but I'm back with the living. It will be a few days before I get back on track with eating and working out. Right now I just eat what I feel like but that's not much because I can't really taste the food.

Have a great night.

Enygirl
02-25-2008, 09:54 PM
:hug: teacher! I'm sorry that this is lasting so long! It's one thing to be out for a day or so - but this is getting ridiculous! I hope that it gets better for you soon!

teacher1
02-26-2008, 06:23 PM
Hello everyone,
I'm almost back to myself minus this hacking cough. I'm starting to itch for spring and my flip flops. Plus, I'm really getting motivated to get this weight off!

Enygirl
02-27-2008, 12:52 PM
Teach - I feel you! I'm So anxiously waiting for flip flop season! As soon as I can garuntee that my toes won't freeze I'm in them!

Also - I was thinking that I want to look 1 BILLION times better in a suit this year compared to last! I would LOVE to see another #20 come off before Memorial Day!

Shay
02-27-2008, 06:45 PM
I love flip flop & capri weather myself. The cold weather is starting to get on my nerves! But the closer we get there the closer I get to my busiest time of year--SUMMER! Teacher1--do you take summers off?

teacher1
02-28-2008, 07:05 PM
Likenoother- Why is summer so busy for you? This is my first summer with no grad classes or summer school. I plan on getting this weight off and traveling. I can't wait!!!!!

Shay
02-28-2008, 07:44 PM
Teacher1--I work in Recreation. Therapeutic Recreation specifically. We joke that summer is year round. We are setting up interviews for the summer already. I prefer that because I am really picky when it comes to staff so sometimes I'm the last one to hire everyone I need. Working with kids with disabilities takes special people.

teacher1
02-28-2008, 08:16 PM
Likenoother-
That sounds like a fun job. I teach special ed k-2.

Shay
02-29-2008, 10:16 AM
Teacher1--I LOVE my job! I can't ever see myself doing anything different except maybe being a professor and teaching therapeutic recreation students. I thought you taught Special Ed. I remember when the thread was little busier that we had other Spec Ed teachers too, right?

teacher1
02-29-2008, 06:16 PM
Likenoother- I remember there was a spanish teacher.

I'm soooo glad the weekend is here. I'm feeling all better and plan to enjoy my weekend :)

Shay
03-01-2008, 03:01 AM
I'm starting a new thread. Because it seems that our group is pretty small right now I will make it for 2 months. See you there.