LA Weight Loss - Soda?

View Full Version : Soda?

Nikaia
02-01-2008, 02:10 AM
So I'm not a huge soda addict by any means. I perhaps drink a little more plain Coke than I should when I'm over at my friends' house, but at home, I keep myself to one soda per day.

My question is, does a single soda per day cause issues with weight loss, beyond just the calories it adds? Mind you, it's Jones soda, which is not made with HFCS, but with pure cane sugar. So does a non-HFCS soda stop weight loss, if it's just one per day?

Meemo
02-01-2008, 09:31 PM
So I'm not a huge soda addict by any means. I perhaps drink a little more plain Coke than I should when I'm over at my friends' house, but at home, I keep myself to one soda per day.

My question is, does a single soda per day cause issues with weight loss, beyond just the calories it adds? Mind you, it's Jones soda, which is not made with HFCS, but with pure cane sugar. So does a non-HFCS soda stop weight loss, if it's just one per day?

If it puts you over your calorie "limit", yes it does. Plus lots of sodas have a lot of sodium, which will make you retain water. And the high sugar content can trigger cravings in some people for more sugar.

Shy Moment
02-01-2008, 09:46 PM
Nikaia
If you can still stay in the ranges of calories and carbs, fats and sodium that you allow yourself. Have the required amounts of the four basic food groups AND that soda everyday. Probably isn't going to effect weight loss. If, on the other hand, you are giving up foods your body needs to have that soda everyday. Yes, it might hinder weight loss. I have a mountain dew once a week sometimes twice sometimes only once every couple of weeks. Depends on when I find a day that I have enough left over carbs after getting the required amounts of the four basic food groups in. I am losing steady about 1lb a week. I haven't given up my mountain dew BUT I have given up eating and drinking my calories and carbs in place of the foods my body needs to be healthy.