Weight Loss Support - what is your goal/dream outfit?

View Full Version : what is your goal/dream outfit?

tkglenn
01-31-2008, 10:30 AM
Do you have an outfit that you are dying to get into when you reach goal? What is it. I want to fit into a nice sexy, chic, sleek red (not black because black makes you look skinnier and I will be skinny and I won't need black anymore) dress that will drive my DH crazy.

HeatherAngel
01-31-2008, 10:46 AM
I USED to... but it's so out of fashion now that I haven't actually got a 'dream outfit' anymore. For the last six months, all I wanted to do was fit into my wedding dress again... met that goal and packed it away again. :)

I have no idea what I'll look like 'at goal', so no idea what to wear!

Heather :D

Stormcrazie
01-31-2008, 10:56 AM
A cute little summer dress with sandals, something with a fitted bodice and full skirt, kinda old-fashioned and demure...not that I am, that is just a look that I have ALWAYS wanted to be able to wear.

JayEll
01-31-2008, 11:26 AM
Stormcrazie, :wel3fc:

It's been so long since I was slimmer, that I have no clothes from then. And, I've given away all my heavier clothes! So right now I'm running around in a few outfits... Today I'm going shopping at Macy's for some business clothes. What I really want is a very classy business suit! The kind that says "executive" in an understated way. :drool:

Jay

Robin41
01-31-2008, 11:35 AM
Anything I can tuck in to show off my new flat stomach. I haven't tucked a shirt in for years. Apparently I thought that a blouse over my stomach and hips actually would disquise that extra 130 pounds. :)

I love low-cut jeans with a sweater and a big belt. If you can pull it off, it makes you look really long and lean.

gailr42
01-31-2008, 11:36 AM
Well, no matter how much weight I loose, I will never have a tiny waist or be long waisted. My natural shape eliminates all of the styles that I really like.

I think my favorite would be the same as Stormcrazie. On me, that cute summer dress will have about 3-4 inches across the upper back that gapes out and looks very un-cool.

I will be happy if I can ever wear pants with a regular waist band.

MrsEnigma
01-31-2008, 11:58 AM
I can't wait to wear heels - comfortably - again. My husband always liked it when I'd wear heels and has said more than a few times how he misses seeing me in them.

Oh, and I would like a little black dress to go with them. Oddly enough, I never owned one - even when I was smaller.

MrsE

lumifan4ever
01-31-2008, 12:16 PM
Wow...I don't really have a dream outfit anymore. I've actually surpassed all the outfits i wanted to get back into. I didn't even get a chance to wear them before they were too big for me. Honestly...the one thing i am working towards is that 2 peice bathing suit. That is my dream goal. I don't have to look totally flat and perfect, but i do want my stomach to be more flat than rounded out. Or at least be a firm round instead of a jiggly round. I was just talking to my boyfriend about reaching my goal and turning him on...and he said the sweetest thing. He said I already turn him on. That made me so happy. I guess just to hear him say it...ya know????

And I hear ya Jayell....I love a classy business suit that is well fitted but not revealing. There is just something in itself sexy about a well fitted, especially pinstripes, womens business suit. I want to buy some of those too. I like wearing the skirts and knee high boots but i want a couple business suits that look classy and executive but yet conservative.

Mizu
01-31-2008, 12:20 PM
Oh, gosh... I would love to be able to wear my new bikini! Skinny jeans too with a tank top.. without being embarrassed! Yes, I would love those things.

horsey
01-31-2008, 02:07 PM
I love jeans, they say flatter what part of your body you like the most, and I like my long legs the most. But I want to be able to wear a cute shirt with 7's jeans again without looking top heavy.

blondebritbrat17
01-31-2008, 02:15 PM
that's a good question.. I have several.. I would like to buy some nice lingerie and have pretty bras and underwear again. I started gaining weight rapidly right before and after I got married due to medication/depression so I didn't buy lingerie only two things and what I did have I really did not like and another one was a gift. Another goal is to wear a bikini again. And a nice classic black dress that I could keep over the years. And I have a couple of more outfits that I kept that I would really like to get back into.

Altari
01-31-2008, 02:15 PM
I have a slinky little black dress from Express. DH said I should buy it as a goal. It's a size 12, and o so cute.

JamieY
01-31-2008, 02:47 PM
I'm not trying to lose weight anymore, but I am toning up. My goal is to look really really good in a bikini. I just looked at all the bikini's at Victoria's Secret and there are some really sexy ones. Plus we're going to Hawaii in December so I want to look really hot while we're there.

pamatga
01-31-2008, 03:18 PM
Why stop at one outfit? :hyper: I am too much of a clothes horse to do that.

I was doing my usual weekly online clothing browsing and I noticed that a catalog which I used to get in the mail has now merged with another catalog that I have ordered from BUT the sizes start at Misses: 18. WELL, I went through that and earmarked a lot of "soon to be" new favorites for next fall/winter. I think the one thing that stands out from Plus sizes clothing to Misses is style. There is more high fashion or style to the "normal" size fashions. I have some really attractive Plus size clothing but it doesn't hold a candle to the stuff I was drooling over last week! :love: :love:

I am going to start buying clothes for then so when the time arrives, I will be all ready to "step out". :dancer:

Ahhh, to only have one body to wear so many fine things......sigh! :genie:

trekkiegirl
01-31-2008, 07:19 PM
I like suede so I'd like to wear suede pants (either dark brown or tan) with a short jacket, solid color shirt and boots. Something like the picture below. I suppose I could wear them now but I wanna lose some more caboose. I want to shrink into the pants not out of them. ;)

nelie
01-31-2008, 07:23 PM
Just a nice pair of jeans but it would be nice to rock a business suit.

LadyNascar
01-31-2008, 09:22 PM
I',m with pamatga - NEW WARDROBE!

I love to shop when things look good on me again!:D

Zen Pharmacy
01-31-2008, 10:26 PM
I'm ready to move out of my 2x white coat into a nice M or, shoot, even L and to rock some sweet skirts and heels.

I'm comfortable in shorts and skirts now except in a professional dress capacity. Then it's dress slacks all the way.

wisher
01-31-2008, 11:50 PM
a cute, simple sundress like this one....

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/images/prodlgvw/V256207SMALL.jpg

aerotigergirl
02-01-2008, 12:35 AM
I can't wait to comfortably wear tank tops with spaghetti straps. You know, the little slinky ones that all the cute girls get away with? :) I will also really enjoy a white cotton sundress for a Rockies game.

Janny O
02-01-2008, 08:49 AM
I've been wearing my "dream outfit" for about 2 months now. SWEATPANTS and sweatshirt in public! HAH-Baggy too. I wouldn't be caught dead in sweatpants before. Even at home. How stupid is that? I'll wear a swimming suit all summer, but wouldn't even attempt the puffy pants.

Another one is-I'm going to buy a complete women's matching ski outfit with all of the trimmings. ooooooh can't wait till next winter.

trekkiegirl
02-01-2008, 01:07 PM
LOL, Janny, I did that last year, too. I bought a pair of black jogging pants with the red stripe down the side and I wore them out of the house and even to work. Never did that before. I got a lot of compliments, too, about the weight loss, when I wore them. :D

shelbysmom
02-01-2008, 01:48 PM
well I told my Dh that the first thing I'm gonna buy is a cute little aeropostle or tommy shirt and the same brand of jeans! And then He's taking me to Victoria's Secret for new undies!!lol

BrandNewJen
02-01-2008, 03:01 PM
a pair of victoria's secret panties. NEVER could fit in them and always felt embarrased to go in the store. Not once I lose that weight I won't!

And a nice, sexy, FEMININE bathing suit (no two pieces, but something that a 25 year old SHOULD wear, not something her mom would wear for once!)

nelie
02-01-2008, 03:17 PM
Jen,

You should be able to fit VS panties now! I love them. I started around 300 lbs buying size XL and you are a lot taller than me.

bumbleebee
02-02-2008, 12:16 AM
my dream outfit - if i ever get that far with all my stops and starts - would be a pretty sundress. i don't like wearing sundresses (or any dress for that matter) because i'm so big, so i can't wait until i get to a size where i feel comfortable wearing them again.

seranab
02-02-2008, 06:01 AM
I can't wait till I can get away and feel comfortable in a spaghetti stringed strap top and jeans, maybe even with a sexy little cardigan over the top... the dh would love that!

Keldug
02-02-2008, 10:10 AM
sexy jeans,heels and a cute top

Scarlett
02-02-2008, 05:01 PM
Once I get down to my long lean body, I want to wear zebra print high heels, with dark wash jeans (with an amazing fit) in long, that come down to an inch before the heels hit the ground. I then want to wear a red fitted square neck tank top with wide straps. I want to accompany this outfit with natural looking makeup and curled hair. Going for the sexy but not trying to hard look.

I want to be confident enough to wear high heels at my height, to walk into a bar in this outfit and own it. I have thought about this outfit many times, I have this reoccuring fantasy of showing up to my favorite college bar in this outfit in a couple of months and running into this guy who rejected me in a kind of mean way not too long ago (long story).

Pita09
02-02-2008, 08:41 PM
A friend gave me an adorable sleeveless, black dress that is small looking size 14 and I can't wait until the day I can wear it out on a date with my Sweetie.

I also dream of wearing a corset worthy of a Victoria Secret model.

And a long held dream is to be able to run to the store wearing nothing but shorts and a tank top and feeling cool and comfy.

ChunkyDunker
02-02-2008, 08:57 PM
My dream is to be comfortable in my my birthday suit :D
but in public... a nice little summer dress complete with a big sunhat and my big "hollywood" sunglasses :cool:

Ija
02-02-2008, 09:23 PM
I can't wait to wear anything of a single-digit size... but if someday I can pull off the Lolli lace-up chemise from Trashy Lingerie, I'll be a happy girl.

Ookpik
02-03-2008, 12:24 AM
I have a little red fitted dress. I plan on wearing it to a friend's wedding in August. It is hanging in my closet right now, and I can get it on, but I am hoping to be able to take it in by the wedding. A little pair of black strappy heels to go with it.

trooworld
02-03-2008, 11:21 AM
I think everything will be a dream outfit when I have lost my weight. :) Something I look forward to wearing when I lose my weight is summery clothes. I want to look good in a sleeveless sundress or cutoff shorts. I want to dress feminine instead of hiding under sweatshirts and jeans, or long sleeved shirts even in summer because I don't want people to see my fat arms (the sleeves make them invisible ;) ).

LondonAngel
02-03-2008, 12:59 PM
I usually buy clothes that will fit me when I'm skinny (that really inspires me!), so all those clothes are my dream outfit, plus a cute bikini :D

SouthLake
02-03-2008, 04:40 PM
Hmm. Anything that makes me look like I walked out of Glamour magazine. Some nice designer jeans, cute tops, a cardigan, belted, and some CFM heels.
And, I'd like something trashy hot to wear out to a bar.

nyk161616
02-04-2008, 03:15 AM
a string bikini with my cute hip bones (that i will hav wen i reach my goal) poppin out all cute! im gonan say hott pink

trying2Bbuff
02-04-2008, 08:25 PM
Honestly, I'd be happy to be able to walk in to any regular store and buy clothes off the rack that fit. Of course, with my looong legs that could still be a problem........

But some really sexy lingerie would be great too, for me and for DH! :belly:

DeliciousBoo
02-05-2008, 01:28 PM
A nicely fitted pencil skirt with a tight shirt, wide belt and high, high heels.

I love the way Dita Von Teese dresses.

DeliciousBoo
02-05-2008, 01:29 PM
And a pair of skinny jeans too. :cool:

Twentytogo
02-05-2008, 10:14 PM
I subscribe to In-Style Magazine. I love love fashion. I've shy'd away from getting anything to pricey because my weight is a crazy yoyo. I am on these forums now in an effort to fix that. When that happens, designer jeans, pencil skirts, anything fitted and kick a__. I guess I would call it "Professional yet a little funky."

PudgyB
02-05-2008, 11:08 PM
I want to wear a pair of stylish jeans that look good on me. I will be happy wearing anything once my stomach does not hang out further than my boobs.

Lainey2
02-06-2008, 05:07 PM
When I workout at my gym, there is a clothing rack that is right outside the workout area, with cute little gym clothes hanging off it. (for sale) There is a little black, knit shirt with a barbell on the front and it says: Working Out is a Way of Life. (or something like that) Anyway, it hangs above some cute little sweatpants. I want to be able to fit into that cute, form fitting little tee and those sweatpants, and look great! I sit there doing my leg presses, and just keep my eyes on the tee shirt! I hope to be able to wear it by the end of September, and I hope that its still for sale! :D

daizylin
02-06-2008, 06:35 PM
I want to wear something like this:
http://www2.victoriassecret.com/images/prodlgvw/V271605_EDIT_6E.jpg

and this:
http://www2.victoriassecret.com/images/prodlgvw/V267163.jpg

But I don't want to be quite that skinny ;)

vdaybaby
02-06-2008, 06:46 PM
I want to be able to walk around in a bathing suit without being embarassed!

Horo
02-06-2008, 07:15 PM
This http://www.dracinabox.com/enlarge.cgi?image=/00215_b.jpg&ref=00215&name=Lace%20overlaid%20basque corset with this http://www.dracinabox.com/enlarge.cgi?image=/00212_a.jpg&ref=00212&name=Silver%20Dragonfly%20net%20tutu%20with%20susp enders%20skirt. cute little tutu.
:D
OK, so maybe it's not cute little sun dresses, but hey, to each their own. :devil:

daizylin
02-06-2008, 07:18 PM
Layri, I think the outfits are very cool!!!

mommy2two
02-07-2008, 01:21 PM
I have an ENTIRE closet full of pre-pregnancy clothes that i can't wait to wear!!

lacncal
02-08-2008, 12:40 PM
I'm getting married in 8 months and have been picturing my dream dress in my head when I feel like I can't work out anymore. Just the thought of walking down the aisle with so many people looking at me is scary. That has helped to motivate me. I want my fiance to be amazed when he sees me!

mommy2two
02-08-2008, 02:30 PM
a wedding dress is certainly great motivation!!

tkglenn
02-12-2008, 12:36 PM
wow these are all great ideas. cute outfits and pictures. I bought my goal dress and showed it to hubby and said nothing but negative things about it (DH busted my bubble thread). Yeah, it was terrible. so, I'm looking for another motivation, maybe.

zenor77
02-12-2008, 12:59 PM
wow these are all great ideas. cute outfits and pictures. I bought my goal dress and showed it to hubby and said nothing but negative things about it (DH busted my bubble thread). Yeah, it was terrible. so, I'm looking for another motivation, maybe.

Sounds like someone is insecure about your losing weight. Was it too sexy for him?

tkglenn
02-12-2008, 01:02 PM
it's a v-neck wrap dress. its a red summer dress from walmart that only cost $12. Very very cute. I know it's only walmart but the style is so cute and alittle provacative. I wanted it to seduce him in a way but there goes that idea.

mommy2two
02-13-2008, 12:42 PM
it's a v-neck wrap dress. its a red summer dress from walmart that only cost $12. Very very cute. I know it's only walmart but the style is so cute and alittle provacative. I wanted it to seduce him in a way but there goes that idea.

aww well i bet you would look wonderful in the dress!!!

tkglenn
02-13-2008, 12:49 PM
I tried it on. I can get into it but it's not my size yet so it looks funny because it's a really stretchy type material and it doesn't fit so it looks weird on but I know when I lose the weight it would've looked good (until DH said something).

mommy2two
02-13-2008, 12:57 PM
I say keep the dress and when you fit into it show DH how great it looks and make him eat his words..lol

tkglenn
02-13-2008, 01:02 PM
Yeah, I think he'll change his mind when he sees it and some suggestions on this thread have helped me realize where his thinking is but still, I would probably associate what he said with the dress. Don't know. Still contimplating this one.