100 lb. Club - Sarah is gone

View Full Version : Sarah is gone

Sheila53
01-30-2008, 08:21 PM
Sadly, I read the Hodgkins Board and noted that Sarah has passed away. While I'm glad she's no longer in pain, I feel horrible for Lorraine and Sarah's friends who are understandably griefstricken.

With many tears. . .

mandalinn82
01-30-2008, 08:23 PM
I'm just so saddened by this. I'm sending all of my most peaceful thoughts to Lorraine during this incredibly hard time.

SuchAPrettyFace
01-30-2008, 08:26 PM
Sending good thoughts & white light to Lorraine and Sarah. :cry:

tolose85
01-30-2008, 08:29 PM
I just got home and read this. I am so sad.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-30-2008, 08:31 PM
This is a sad day indeed. I will be praying for Lorraine in this very difficult time.

Heather
01-30-2008, 08:34 PM
:(

Thanks for the update...

PaulaM
01-30-2008, 08:44 PM
Rest in Peace Sarah

mezmerize
01-30-2008, 09:02 PM
I can't believe it!!!! I feel that the world has lost one of those great people that touch many many lifes! I can't put into words my grief and I only knew Sarah through 3FC's. Lorraine I'm so so sorry. Sarah I know your in heaven making God laugh and watching over us all. I'll never forget all your advice and friendship!
God bless you Sarah
Mezster (as coined by you)

NotTheCheat
01-30-2008, 09:07 PM
My prayers to Sarah, Lorraine and their families.

It makes me think about the fact that we really don't know how we touch the lives of others and sometimes the little things can make a difference we will never know. I only "knew" Sarah from reading her posts here, but she really touched my heart.

SoulBliss
01-30-2008, 09:18 PM
May all find peace at this time of sadness.

suzie76
01-30-2008, 09:20 PM
I am so very, very sorry. Sending hugs and prayers to Sarah and Lorraine's families and friends.

Sherry

nelie
01-30-2008, 09:23 PM
I was saddened to read this. I am glad she is free of pain and no longer need to fight but she was an amazing woman.

rockinrobin
01-30-2008, 09:31 PM
What an incredible loss. May she have no more suffering.

My heart goes out to her family and loved ones at this very difficult time.

Gardenwife
01-30-2008, 09:49 PM
I've shed many tears over the last few days, knowing this was coming yet hoping so much that she would recover from the infection and have more time. But I know she's been miserable and I'm glad she's no longer suffering. Now it is our turn to suffer as we grieve. Lorraine and everyone who knew and loved Sarah is in my heart and prayers. :cry:

shelby897
01-30-2008, 10:06 PM
Her Journey's Just Begun

Don't think of her as gone away-
her journey has just begun
life holds many facets
the Earth is only one

Just think of her as resting
from the sorrows and the tears
in a place of warmth and comfort
where there are no days and years

Think how she must be wishing
that we could know today
how nothing but our sadness
can really pass away

And think of her as living
In the hearts of those she touched
For nothing loved is ever lost-
And she was loved so much.

- Ellen Brenneman

I hope you don't mind, this is one of my favorite, comforting poems.

I didn't know her but her posts and spirt I find truly inspiring and amazing. Today the world has suffered a great loss. :(

famograham
01-30-2008, 10:08 PM
This whole world suffers without her in it...:cry:

Lorraine, I'm so sorry...you know best of all how wonderful she is.
Kimberley, I'm sending you some very special love and :hug: You were so lucky to have met them in person.

:cry:

Gardenwife
01-30-2008, 10:10 PM
Thanks, Linda. I know it! We spent hours over the dinner table at a restaurant in Frederick, MD...We closed the place down, actually. It was like we'd known Sarah forever, and Lorraine, too. Sarah was an open book, truly a good soul.

ellis
01-30-2008, 10:14 PM
Sheila, thank you for the update. :cry:

I'm so sorry about Sarah. I didn't know her, but everytime I saw her picture, her face lightened my day.
Continued prayers for Lorraine and and their families and friends. :grouphug:

midwife
01-30-2008, 10:27 PM
So very sad. I think Sarah's legacy to us would be to seize the day, to never give up, and to find joy and humor in life. That's what I carry with me from her.

She was a very special presence to our community. She still is.

Blessings and peace to Lorraine....

Sandi
01-30-2008, 10:33 PM
I can't express how much this saddens me. :cry: I feel such a great loss and I only knew her online. I can only imagine how special she was in real life.

Sarah - may your spirit be soaring tonight. :angel:

Lorraine, may you find peace and comfort in how she touched so many lives.

Jen
01-30-2008, 10:39 PM
I can't believe that Sarah is gone. I hope that she knows how much she meant to all of us. I know that these past couple of years she has spent more time dealing with her cancer than her weight and in somewhat of a selfish way I wish she could have been here a bit more so we could have let her know how much she inspired us. But I know she knows that already. She was such a great person, every post burst with her enthusiasm for life. She will be very much missed.

LondonJulz
01-30-2008, 10:46 PM
Wow. :( My thoughts and prayers are with Lorraine right now. Like so many others here, I only knew Sarah through her posts but she was truly an inspiration. There may be one less angel on earth tonight - but I take comfort in knowing that she is at peace and no longer having to fight.

Goddess Jessica
01-30-2008, 11:06 PM
This is such an incredible loss to the world. Sarah touched my life as I am sure she has touched others. She made me feel ridiculously special and was a friend even if we only met across the internet. She was SUCH a gifted storyteller - her posts made me laugh and cry. I am so unbelievably lucky to have been even a small player in her life.

One of my favorite memories of Sarah was when she first when in to the doctor's for her flu-like symptoms and they talked about her "rapid weight loss" and she defiantly and proudly said that wasn't a symptom of her sickness - it was a lot of hard work --thankyouverymuch!

Lorraine, my heart goes out to you tonight.

djs06
01-31-2008, 12:27 AM
This breaks my heart.

May she rest in peace, and may Lorraine and those close to her find comfort in her legacy of inspiration and love.

So unfair.

Jennifer 3FC
01-31-2008, 01:13 AM
This is so, so sad. Lorraine, my prayers will be with you and your families that you will soon feel comfort after the loss of Sarah. May her spirit be with you for the rest of your days. :grouphug:

fiberlover
01-31-2008, 08:40 AM
I am very sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with her family.

Smiling_Sara
01-31-2008, 11:26 AM
Prayers go out to her family during this hard time.

barbygirl43
01-31-2008, 01:38 PM
Man this sucks. My thoughts to her friends and family.

dek6
01-31-2008, 03:50 PM
:sorry: I didnt really know Sarah. But her and Lorraine and their family are in my prayers. I just thank God that she is no longer in pain. GOD BLESS YOU SARAH..... Rest in peace :hug:

wingsofbeauty
01-31-2008, 09:54 PM
I am new here, but feel the loss of her, from what Ihave read she has meant a great deal, and touched many lives! I have many thoughts & prayers for her family & life partner!

knitsforfive
01-31-2008, 11:34 PM
How very sad. She obviously touched so many of you. SHe has eft a lovely legacy it seems.

SnowboundChick
02-01-2008, 06:01 PM
I too am saddened by this news. I didn't know her very well only through this board back when I started and she was always so positive and upbeat. I think keep her in my prayers and Lorraine as well.

famograham
02-01-2008, 06:42 PM
I'm finding myself thinking about Sarah constantly. She's in my mind ALL the time right now.

Nobody can tell me that relationships forged online are not "real"...because this hurts more than some "in real life" deaths.

BUT, I also find myself trying to look at things the way she would...and thinking about the things she would say.

I think she's here with us all now, cheering us on.

Sarah is free now...it's us who are left to grieve, and try to live our own lives the way she lived hers...with fire, and love, and passion.

Love you Sarah-girl...:cry: