Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-30-2008, 09:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/ticker/155

Height: 5'6"

Default New scales, EEEK!!!

I decided to start up on weight watchers and went to the 1st meeting with my sister and come to find out my scales has been totally wrong! At the meeting i weighed 193 and i also bought a ww scale 2 days ago and i weighed 193, i was 188 on my old scale... im pissed, its like im starting all over or something so now i have to change my ticker that will only show a 2 lb weight loss..... ive been doing good so im not gonna let it get me down ... i even bought a weight bench yesterday so i can start some lifting!!
skinnyvanilly2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 09:58 AM   #2  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I don't think you have to change it at all! If the WW scale is 5 pounds more, then your starting weight on the WW scale would have been 5 pounds more than it was on your old scale. I say keep it exactly where it is!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 09:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

Nah. Change your starting weight so that everyone will acknowledge that you've lost 7 pounds already. You HAVE lost 7 pounds, regardless of what number the scales give you, you just started 5lb higher than you thought. The total loss is the same. Scale weights are relative: this is why it is crucial (for mental health) to always weigh on the same scale under the same conditions.
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Scales just differ. I always weight 3-5 pounds more on the doctors scale, or at the gym. I'm also weighing under different conditions than at home (namely, clothed!). So, I just track from MY scale at home and know that the other scales are higher!

Even if you do change your ticker to reflect the new home scale, change the start weight! baffled is right -- you still lost 7 pounds!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Change your starting weight, this will show your actual loss, this has not changed. Weigh yourself the same time and conditions such as, first thing ib the AM , nude before drinking water or eating breakfast.Use that for your official weight. Use your WW meeting weigh in for meetings only as conditions will be different,but your loss will be the same.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:18 AM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

Exactly as everyone else has said. You've still lost 7 lbs!!!! Fine, so your starting weight was 5 lbs higher than you originally thought. That doesn't negate all the hard work & effort you've already put forth!

Don't change the number of lbs lost, just change your starting weight, and march onward!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:39 AM   #7  
Simply Filling Technique

Lightbulb Mine was 20 lbs higher!

That is exactly what I did. I have always said that if I were going to bare my soul on this web site then the first thing I had to be was honest with myself and then honest with ya'all.

When I got a new scales mine was 20 lbs more than what my other one said! Yikes! I had my DH weigh several times to make sure that I hadn't been "fooling myself" during my month of maintenance in the month of December.

So, I took a deep breathe and I changed my tickers, my photo gallery and stats I share on there. Again, that does NOT negate the weight you lost already. I mean, I have already gone down one size in clothes and clothes don't lie nor does the tape measure, which I had also been using. As you can see I am being extra extra careful to make sure that what I want to happen (and have wanted for decades) is actually, really and truly happening. All three help me confirm what I have lost.

I agree with what everyone has said. You lost what you lost. A number is just a number. Just think how much sweeter it will be when it is all gone!

Then we can "crow" (alright, modestly and with much gratitude) how much we lost!! and it will be more than we could ever have imagined!!

Last edited by pamatga; 01-30-2008 at 10:41 AM.
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:59 PM   #8  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

What the scale "says" is immaterial . . . as long as the general direction of it's "chatter" over time is downward. You are so much more than just a number, Chickie.

Of course, having said that -- I also know how annoying that old scale-can be.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote