South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 06:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wednesday's Cluckings

Good morning!

I'm curled up on the couch listening to the wind and rain. I woke up feeling a little funny and almost fainted while getting the coffee pot ready, so I'm just going to lay low for a while to see what's up. I feel fine otherwise, so maybe I just got out of bed too fast.

Another busy day looms ahead, but then I get my hour to myself while the girls are having their dance lessons. I always look forward to that.

Coffee's finished perking, anyone care for a nice cup?
Old 01-30-2008, 06:38 AM   #2  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good Morning , I just poured a big cup of tea, the kids are all into the show jungle run and my dds are still getting ready for school. So I actually have a minute to post. I can't believe that Jan is almost over.

Cottage- hope you are all right, take care of yourself today. Enjoy that hour to yourself.

Me- Went to Latin Line dancing again last night. It is so much fun, but I have the worse time as you start with you left foot, and in my other dance class you start with you right. But it is fun and exercise. Other than that not much going on for me excpet that TOM is around the corner. So I am feeling bloated and cranky. Things are back to normal today, girls are back in school and dh is going to the gym so I have my normal daily routine. Yeah.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:40 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Cottage, I'd love a cup. Just realized we are about out of coffee with 7 adults in the house, so am limiting myself to one cup..auughhh. Can't wait to get to work for my 2nd cup.
I hope you just jumped out of bed too fast and feel better soon and it's not the flu or something else icky.

Has anyone heard from Ruth offlist? Been thinking about her a lot and wondering how her knee is doing.

Well, my fluidity bar came in last night. My husband unpacked the big old hunkin thing and I watched the beginner video. Going to start tomorrow morning while the rest of the house is asleep so they aren't subjected to me doing "pelvic thrusts"...

My company leaves today...Aunt and cousin headed back to Seattle and my sister headed back to NC. I will miss them, but will be glad to get back to "normal". I took the last 2 weeks off from client work except for emergencies and am ready to dig in again. Have a feeling I'm going to have an avalanche of work.

I see we have a couple of new members from Louisiana!! Happy Mardi Gras and Lessaiz le bon temps rouler (how do you say "let the lbs roll off" instead of "let the good times roll?"

Chick, we were cross posting! That dancing sounds like a really fun "exercise".

Last edited by femmecreole; 01-30-2008 at 06:42 AM.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:48 AM   #4  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Cat, it might be something like "Laisser le poids rouler" but that probably wouldn't actually make sense in French. It would be like translating word-for-word, "The baby blew raspberries," or "Go ahead and kill that bottle of wine." Hope your new exercise toy is fun! Sure sounds like it'll be a blast...

LC, glad you're having such fun with the dance class! I'm sure you'll get the hang of starting with that left foot soon!

Linda, hope you're feeling better soon! Are you low on protein? I know, I sound like the spokesperson for protein lately, but when I'm low on protein I get very dizzy. I have low blood pressure to begin with and for some reason not having enough protein really saps my system.

We had our last AWANA in Korea tonight. I was worried some of my kids would bring me cookies or something I wouldn't want to resist, but I got a bracelet, two Korean tea mugs, and a beautiful paper art piece, so no temptations for eating any of those! I already have a club lined up in New Jersey, so the kids are good to go. I like to try to keep as many things consistent as I can, being as we're literally moving around the world!

I've got to get going on that book so I can finish it before tomorrow. It's so good. Thanks, Laurie, again for the recommendation!

Kara
Old 01-30-2008, 07:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I've been feeling just fine while sitting here on the couch, but now I'm so comfy that I don't want to get up. My tummy is telling me that it wants it's oatmeal, though, and I haven't had my shower yet, either.

The last I heard on Ruth, she was feeling fiesty and was supposed to be released from the hospital tomorrow, but she's hoping they let her go home today. I'll keep you all posted as I hear more news, but she may even pop in here herself in the next few days.

I watched The Biggest Loser last night and was totally disgusted with the way the show is going. It's just one of those "reality" game shows now. I'm really looking forward to the new season of "Survivor", and another program that we really enjoy watching is "The Amazing Race". We've watched that from the beginning and enjoy that even more than "Survivor". Does anyone else watch it?

Cat, just what is this fluidity bar that you got? It sounds interesting.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:25 AM   #6  
Visualizing the Goal

Oh, I so want to be on "Amazing Race". Tom and I would ROCK IT! Glad you're feeling better!

Kara
Old 01-30-2008, 08:45 AM   #7  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning beach chicks. It's rainy and cool here and suppose to be like that much of the day

Cottage thanks for the coffee and the update on Ruth. I wasn't able to watch the biggest loser as they had the polling stuff going on from the electiocn. Hope your feeling better.

LC nornality you just gotta love it. I'm glad you made it to your dance class

Cat enjoy your new workout bar and be sure to give more detail once you start using it.

Hiya Kara have a great evening/night. When will you & Tom be on the show?

Me well I wasn't able to walk lastnight as I went straight to bed when I got home from work stupid headache just would not leave me alone. Feeling better this morning Dh went bowling by his self so when I woke I called him to bring me something to eat & he shows up with a cheeseburger & fries - I know I wasn't ment to eat it cause it was all ice cold - everything happens for a reason & I went to bed hungry. Dh & I have tickets to the comedy show tonight so that should be fun other than that it's just work as usual.

Check in on you guys later.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:01 AM   #8  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

good morning. I am extremely tired today. my dad was here for a few days (he comes pretty often and will be here more often in the next month or so) and i didn't go to sleep any ealier than 11 and this morning i had to wake up at 345 to take him to the airport which is 45 minutes away. i am tired though. looking for a weight loss program to follow and stick with that won't be hard. i've gained quite a bit of weight and need to get back on.

Kara-when i lived in japan, i had a farewell party and i got whats called a "sayonara doll". everyone signed it. it's so cute.

better get going. pretty tired and sluggish. gotta get moving.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:02 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Good Morning Chicks!

Cottage I luuuuuuuv the Amazing Race, I always said I could do that with my son, what an exciting bonding experience that would be!

LC With me it doesn't matter if a dance starts on a right or left foot because I have no coordination what so ever! Glad you are having fun with it!

Cat I know what you mean about getting life back to "normal" hope you don't get swamped in the coming days with the second job!

Kara I'm excited for your move! I guess I will live my worlds travels through you!

Gonna Glad to hear the headache is better, have fun tonight!

Me DD had a rough day yesterday, she called me all in tears at noon, some girl threw 2 entire lunch trays on her yesterday covered in ketchup and mayo. I called the school as I knew this wasn't this girls first time causing trouble. The school finally called me back about 2 and said they couldn't tell me what they did to the girl but it was severe (ends up she got expelled). DD has in school detention today for some not so nice language she used but the dean told me at her age he probably would have thrown a punch and they would probably only give her an hour or half day. Then last evening I went into her room to see if she was going to watch American Idol with me and she was crying. We had some quality mom/daughter time and I think she is feeling better. One positive out of the whole ordeal is DH had to take her clothes and let me tell you he was ticked! They had some good conversations over the whole thing and I think she now realizes her step-dad really does care about her and her well being! Ahhhhh teenagers!

Alright time to start my day, we are expecting some nasty weather starting tomorrow night, is it wrong to hope for a snow day friday?

Have a great day chicks!

Last edited by Pacergal29; 01-30-2008 at 09:05 AM.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:16 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Morning chicks,
I am enjoying my first cup of cold brew coffee from my Toddy this morning. It's really good, very strong and not a trace of bitterness. Anybody wanna try a cup?
It's so windy here, I ended up driving the kids to school. I hate the wind more than any other kind of weather because my house is so creaky, and I always lose slates from the roof and have to get the roofers out here.
I'll be working hard today to get ready for my team meeting tomorrow. Aside from that, I plan to bowflex at lunch, clean the bathrooms, run some laundry, and DS has horseback riding this afternoon. Then I've got a committee meeting tonight so I've got a sitter coming.

LC, it always feels so great to get back into the routine. I'm such a creature of habit.
cat, do tell, what's a "fluidity bar"? Sounds kind of naughty... Maybe that's just my sex-deprived mind.
cottage, I'm with you. Since when is a 5 or 6 lb. loss disappointing? Glad you are feeling better! Enjoy your hour and your latte.
Hi Gonnabe! Want me to smack DH over the head with a frying pan?
Hope you had a nice visit with Dad, Tina. Feel better!
Stephanie, I hate it when kids are mean to other kids! Poor DD. Gawd, those teen years, and I've got two more to get through it. Hopefully, boys are easier than girls! I'm glad the school took it seriously though. Don't ya love those tearful phone calls. Unfortunately, I still get those, and DD is 20.

I think 3fc is my latest obsession. I really need to get right down to work today, but I just can't until I complete my 3fc ritual.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:27 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

Good morning chickies,
I'm dragging my heiney out of bed this morning!
DH and kids were leaving for school, and one of the car doors wouldn't close! I think it was frozen..well..DH being his usual over-reacting self, decided to mess with another door to see what was wrong with the other one, and messed the other door up..of course the boys were hysterical...my DD just called a friend, who picked her up promptly and took her to school. The boys came in the house, saying , Yay...the cars broke...no school today! (they are All 17, DD and the boys) I couldn't help but laugh...which did nothing but make DH more upset! He eventually got the doors all closed, without breaking anything else, and they all made it to school on time! Hee hee hee!
It rained alot last night with extremely high wind...and then got pretty cold...it's still well below freezing...so I imagine that the door was simply frozen!
I feel like I took the day off yesterday from my plan...I didnt' stray too far, but just straying a little makes me feel like I totally blew it! Oh well...that doesn't mean I have to give up, I will just pick up and start OP again today!
We had dinner at my mom's last night...the chili was just fine, she even had whole wheat crackers(I know they aren't really good) I only had a couple. It was the dessert I just couldn't resist...I only had a very little helping...but it made me feel sooooo yucky! (I'm really glad for that) So here I sit this morning...sipping my coffee with splenda and feeling a bit hungover! LOL there was WAY TOO MUCH sugar in that chocolate cake thingy she made!
Last night, I felt a bit like Scarlett O'Hara, "After all, tomorrow is another day"
well, I'm gonna go make my breakfast!

ONE MORE WEEK TIL SURVIVOR!!!!!! I can't wait!
Old 01-30-2008, 09:38 AM   #12  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

This is the info on fluidity bar. There is an infomercial on the site.
Will let you know how it works when I start using it.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:46 AM   #13  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

TK hope you are able to get some rest

Stephanie sorry about your dskids can be so hateful now in days. Glad you gals had some quality time.

Schmoodle do you have a big enough pan? He told me this is the place on the way home - they don't make salads.

PH for your OP day
Old 01-30-2008, 09:57 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Oh, that looks fun Cat! Like a dancer's barre. We used to have a barre and mirrors in the basement of our old house for DD. I never thought of using it for me!

Gonnabe, I have a HUGE frying pan!
Old 01-30-2008, 09:59 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, everyone. Still very sick, but came to work anyhow. I think I'll try to make it until noon at least. Hope everyone's doing well!

~Kim
Closed Thread