Exercise! - Ready and Able... Just!! :-))

View Full Version : Ready and Able... Just!! :-))

LoseForLife
02-07-2002, 11:04 PM
Okay guys!! Let's see if we can't get our butts in gear, for the new year, and start seeing some really cool results.. or collapse trying! :lol:

I don't know about anyone else, but trying to remain motivated day in day out, especially if doing the same exercise all the time, can be hard! So let's band together, push each other to keep going, and have some fun doing it!!! :D

See you on the up track!

Lynne :wave:

PS This is for anyone, no matter where or who you are, or how you choose to exercise, we're all here for the same reason... to get fit!!! (oh that's right, and that darned weight loss thing too! ;) )

LoseForLife
02-07-2002, 11:12 PM
Rose, how's that? Make any other comments if you want.....

I missed my exercise last night. I'm hoping to go for a walk tonight, but I don't like the look of those clouds.. :(
Then I was thinking I could go for a swim, but my bathers are looking a bit sad - to be honest, cos I'm a bit "big" for them, they've stretched and are showing a few signs of wear and tear! :o But I can't afford a new pair, and short and t-shirts are ok for the beach, but difficult at the gym! *sigh* don't want to waste my membership, so might just have to push them that one last time! As long as they don't collapse in the middle of a breaststroke! :lol: ha ha ha

Shall we make promises to ourselves and each other on how we're going to get back into this? So far, it's been "let's just exercise as often as possible", but you know what happens then!!! However, I'm thinking I'll make this month "exercising Lynne" month, whereby I won't let ANYTHING or ANYONE get in the way of my exercise. Therefore, if nothing else, my old Jenny Craig aerobic video will have to do tonight!!! That should give Marc a good laugh anyway.. haven't done it in about .. ummm.. well maybe I shouldn't go there! *snort* long enough to probably only last 1/2 the vid!!! :o

Well enough yakking.. told you I was back on board! Now you'll wish I'd go away again! hee hee

Take it easy!

PS Aim is to take Josh on a bike ride through the National Park that is just across the road this weekend.. sounds like good weather, so shouldn't be any excuses!! :)

Smiling Sal
02-08-2002, 09:05 AM
Hi Lynne. I too am ready willing, just about able & determined.

This is going to be my year, the year I lose a majority if not all of my extra weight. Until a year ago I didn't realise the importance of exercise in weight loss. I had attended to many brain washing slimming club sessions, where they tell you it is all in what you eat.

I have been exercising since the beginning of January & have been working out with vengenance since Monday. I like to get up early in the morning & work out, an aerobic video or riding my exercise bike. I am looking forward to the lighter & warmer mornings, when I'll be able to get out on my 'normal' bike

I also try & walk in my lunch hour but it isn't always possible, so if I'm stuck in meetings or whatever I try & find time in the evening. I also love to swim, but I am not that good, but I enjoy it so to me that is all that matters. I'm off to the pool for a swim tonight & like you I am too big for my cossie. It always feels a bit snug, I know if I keep working at it though it will soon be too big for me - I live in hope.

Keep working at it, it's the only way we are going to do it.

Carol

ras8779
02-08-2002, 07:45 PM
Hi everyone:wave:!

Lynne-I love the title:love:! I just looked for you name to find out which one it was and here I am. Okay seeing that TOM is here and I was in pain last night the only thing I managed to do was a little strength training (8 minutes in the morning). That's all I did:mad:! But tonight I promised myself to do Tae Bo or a Crunch video as soon as I get home. I'm not sure how I'll keep myself motivated but with all this support on this new thread I'm sure it will be allot easier then before:)! Thanks for starting it Lynne!

Carol-Swimming is such great exercise:D! I just read an article in Self magazine ( I think that's the magazine) and it suggested swimming for an all around toning/aerobic exercise. So way to go:D! I really think I need to get up and work out in the mornings because by the time the evening rolls around I'm just too lazy to do anything. Well I think we can do it with us all supporting each other. I'm glad you're here:).

I'm with Lynne the more the merrier so everybody join us and lets lose those inches and pounds:)!

Oh and when is the easiest time for you to exercise. Mornings , afternoons or evenings? Just wondering. I need all the suggestions I can get to keep myself moving.

ras8779
02-10-2002, 12:37 AM
Okay where is everybody?:?: I know it's the weekend. I had a bad headache today so no exercise again:mad:! But I will start again tomorrow. I read an article that said to only do cardio three times a week for 30 minutes and strength training for the same amount on alternate days. I'm wondering if that's what I should aim for. I need to start doing the exercises in the morning though I think. That's the only way I'll stick with it. Okay I hope someone posts here soon. I'm getting lonely.:(

Smiling Sal
02-10-2002, 10:06 AM
Its a wet rainy sunday & I'm thinking about going for a walk. Everybody is doing there own thing here this afternoon so may just get away with it.

Went for a long walk yesterday with the boys, took them 3.5 miles - too far from them really, good for them though.

I try & take it easy on the exercise over the weekend, but do really want to do something today - Tae Bo day tomorrow. Don't know if I'll be able to talk after that !!

Best see if I can 'escape' for walk by myself.

Carol

LoseForLife
02-10-2002, 07:27 PM
Ok, I'm here to confess my sins... I didn't exercise at all over the weedend! :o

Friday night just didn't happen, and can't say why in particular except I let others get in my way, such as organising Josh for bed etc, spending time with Marc, YOU KNOW. Love them to death, but sometimes I let their needs get ahead of my own...

Saturday, I was HEAPS busy, and got lots done - still trying to get the new house in order, and attacked my studio space so I can start painting. I also tidied up the front garden. So I WAS energetic, but didn't do the walking. So I guess it was ok. But then on Sunday my back was killing me, and I felt like crap, and then got my period! Which explained the crap, but didn't help me exercise! :rolleyes:

So back into it tonight, and I PROMISE to start journalling again!

Carol, welcome to the group. I have to say I am soooo IMPRESSED with your motivation to exercise. You put me to shame!!! We can certainly use someone of your energy here, will push us along! :D

Hi Rose, glad you found us! I have found that I need to exercise earlier in the day, and before a meal. So either before breakfast (too early!), before lunch (hard when working), or before dinner - this is the best one for me at the moment. I find if I wait until after dinner, I'm too tired and just want to blob. The best time if you can do it is in the morning, because it's really energising, and then you know you don't have to worry about it for the rest of the day!

My promise is to exercise at least 5 times this week..... I WILL NOT let things get in my way! Watch out Adelaide Hills here I come! :lol:

Catch you all tomorrow.

Oh, and weekends aren't my best, so I'm sorry if I don't get in. I think Marc hogs it too much!!!

ras8779
02-12-2002, 05:44 PM
Hi everybody:wave:!

Okay I've had good intentions Monday and this morning to get up early and do my exercise (Crunch tape or Tae Bo) and guess what I've been doing........ that's right I've been pushing the snooze button:mad:! So I have committed to do my Tae Bo as soon as I get home from work before anything else! I also think that if I miss my morning workouts I need to follow up in the evenings and make sure I get it in. I've decided to do cardio on Monday, Weds. and Friday and do strength on Tues., Thurs., and Saturday. Sunday will be my day off of everything. I can have my food treat and no exercise:)! I think I'm going to start marking it on a calendar so if I don't do my exercise I'll feel bad about it. I hope this works.

Carol-I love Tae Bo.:love: I've only done the basic workouts though the advanced are too challenging for me right now. I have the first basic workout, Live Basic workout and two of the Tae Bo II basics workouts. I switch them around so I don't get bored and I bought all of them from EBay so I didn't have to buy the whole sets except for the very first ones I bought. How often do you Tae Bo?

Lynne-Don't feel bad. I know what you're talking about. My son had a dance this weekend and most of my weekend was taken up by getting him ready for the dance. I really have no excuse for not exercising Monday or this morning except I'm lazy:o! Okay so tonight I will Tae Bo. We can do it!

Okay now that I have renewed interest in moving again I'll check back tomorrow to report my success with exercising tonight:)! We can do this everybody:D!

Smiling Sal
02-13-2002, 09:12 AM
HI. Just a quick post as Iím at work. I know what you mean about kids & partners taking over all your spare time & their needs coming way in front of yours.

I didnít manage to go for my walk on Sunday afternoon, my Tom decided to pay a visit, which explained the way I had been feeling. I have been working my butt off ever since though. I try and work out for an hour Monday to Friday (2 30 minute sessions) and then either a walk or a swim on Saturday & nothing on Sunday. I need to work out in the morning, if I donít then Iím full of excuses for not doing it later on in the day. So far this week I have walked 6.5 miles in 4 bouts from Monday to Wednesday, done my Tae Bo basics Ė just about alive after it and done 35 mins of aerobics this morning.

I am very motivated at the moment, but the only person making me this way is me, just hope I can keep it up. I am so good at the moment Iím getting out of bed before 6 so I can work out, shower, eat & drive to work before 8. It isnít easy though & I have been tempted to hit that snooze button too.

At the moment I am only doing Tae Bo Basic Live once a week. It fits well into my schedule that way and because it kills me. I usually do it on a Monday morning and I know then that it is out of the way and that the rest of my exercise will be easier. Seeing that written down makes it look like a really terrible attitude & that I donít like doing Tae Bo. I do like doing it, I just donít do it well enough at the moment, but it is getting easier.

And I said this was going to be shortÖÖ.

Carol

ras8779
02-13-2002, 07:08 PM
Okay first of all I'm doing a happy dance:wave:! I actually worked out last night. I'm so happy. And my efforts to get up this morning to workout (at 5 AM) didn't pan out so I will have to do my workout tonight after grocery shopping and before or during laundry. Whew I'm getting tired just thinking about it!:dizzy:!

Carol-Wow your routine impresses me:)! That's allot of working out but it looks like it's paying off with your stats. Congrats on your weight loss by the way. I'm determined to lose weight this summer and I believe Tae Bo will help me get there. I'm not the best at it either but it is a good workout. What other tapes do you use? Have you done any of the Crunch series? I really like them.

Lynne-Where are you? Life keeping you busy :?:? Okay I'm at work as well so I need to make this short. I'll try to check back tonight but with my schedule I doubt that it will happen.

Take care everyone and let's keep moving:D!

ageoldie
02-13-2002, 08:05 PM
I'm "Ageoldie" and I hang out on the Oxycise thread with Rose and others. Right now it's too quite there to suit me. I'm off work for a few weeks due to having knee replacement surgery on Feb 1. I have always been SEMI-regular with my exercise. I have arthritis so bad that if I miss two or three days of exercise, I can barely move, so even when we go on vacation, I take my swimsuit and aquacisers and exercise in the pools at the hotels. I am a member of a health club and since I don't have to be a work until about 11:00 I go to the gym when I get up of a morning and either do a water aerobic class, or some other type of exercise.

Since I've had the surgery I have one set of exercises I have to do twice a day and then another set that I have to do three times. That set includes trying to ride the stationary bike.

Unfortunatly I'm not doing much else, just reading, watching QVC and surfing the net` and people from the church are bring our dinner meal everynight, so I'm eating too good. But hopefully the exercising habit will carry on!!!

LoseForLife
02-14-2002, 12:26 AM
Hi everyone!

Sorry I havenít posted, but I hit the ground running at the moment! :dizzy:

The job hunt is still on, so Iím in and out of work all the time. I went for an interview today, but decided I didnít like the place.

Still havenít kicked in with the journal or major exercise, but Iím certainly busy enough to keep the metabolism going! Although Iím not recording my food, Iím conscious of what Iím eating, and doing well. :D

I will post more later, but again, gotta go. Trying to get used to the new hours with school and stuff, but getting there!

Take it easy, and speak to you soon.

BTW, Welcome Barbg, love to have you join us, and I will catch up more with you when I post again! :)

PS HAPPY VALENTINEíS DAY TO ALL YOU WONDERFUL PEOPLE - KNOW YOU ARE LOVED!!!!! :love:

ras8779
02-14-2002, 08:00 PM
Hi Everyone:wave:!

Hey Barbg-Welcome over here. It's great to have you posting on here. I agree our O thread was getting very quiet. In fact too quiet. I'm glad you've decided to find us and post here too. Make sure you take it slow with the exercise and don't try to do too much to fast. We want you to get well quickly but safely:D!

Lynne-Totally understand about the busy part. I'm sure you'll find a job soon. The right one just hasn't come along yet:). Post when you can.

Carol-are you still hanging in here with us? I hope so. Post when you can.:)

By the way I hope you all have a Happy Valentines Day and get treated like the Princesses that we all are! :love: :love: :love:

LoseForLife
02-17-2002, 08:30 PM
Good morning everyone!

Well, thatís one weekend I can do without! I am stuffed!!!
Weíve got an inspection today, and the owner wants to take a look as well as our landlord, so weíve been busting our humps trying to get it all in tip top shape. I mean, with an inspection you make sure the house is clean and tidy, but knowing the owners are coming through means youíve got to go that extra mile. And itís a pain in the butt!!! :mad:

Iíve got another interview today, and Iím sooo not in the mood!! However, gotta keep at it, hopefully not for much longer!

I got out for a walk yesterday - took Josh on his bike to the park across the road. Discovered it had a nice long path that went up and down hills, so I was huffing and puffing after Josh, who was having a ball. Think we found our new spot! :dizzy:

Eating is not too good, because we donít have much in the house at the moment, but Iím not eating a lot, and not snacking, so itís evening itself out at the moment. Helps that Iím so active. I look forward to a full fridge, and the time to get fully on track. It peeves me I canít, but not much I can doÖ

I was going to come in on the weekend and say hi, but our computer was out of actionÖ so doing this at work again. However, finally got it up and running last night, so should be okay now! *sigh* seems like one drama after another at the momentÖ. Welcome back to the real world! :lol:

Carol, sorry I missed your post before.... I tell you, you shouldn't feel that what you said is bad, cos by my books, you are doing GREAT!!! And I think your approach to exercise is so sensible and motivational, we could definitely do with someone of your determination in this group!! Hope you're over your TOM, I'm certainly glad to see the back of mine!!!

To all you others, how was your weekend, and did you manage to put in a better effort than me??? :)

Well, guess I better get back to it.... catch up with you all tomorrow.....
Here's to working hard on making our programs work - I know that YOU GUYS are FANTASTIC and I don't know WHAT I'd do without you!!! :D

ageoldie
02-17-2002, 09:18 PM
Well, with 5 sets of exercises a day, I should be doing something weight wise. I sure hope so. Yes I know these rehab exercises are not strenious as I'd normally do, but I'm sdoing the Oxycise breathing twice a day. I go get my stitches out Thursday and Then I can start back at the gym and do my water exercises. I'm trying not to eat too much while I'm home laying around. People from the church were bringing in our evening meal the first two weeks, but I told them to stop it. Everyday it was enought for two meals instead of one. Just exactly what either one of us needs, more food.

For those of you who do not know me, my DH is in bad health and is scheduled for gastric bypas sursgery for weight loss on April 26th and right now his diabetis is out of control. He can only walk a few feet without getting short of breath. The decision for the surgery was a hard one, but now that it has been made, we are both anxious to get it over with.

Well, it's time to go ice my leg and then do twenty more minutes of exercise. I'll be back tomorrow.

LoseForLife
02-18-2002, 08:40 PM
Hi guys

A quickie, cos Iím off to yet another interview, but hoping to get on tonight and catch up.

Going swimming tonight - Josh has 10 pin bowling right next to my gym, and Marcís not working, so for once it will all work out right, yay!!!

Eating is good today, wellÖ havenít had much apart from brekkie, but tuna sandwich for lunchÖmmmmÖ. :D

Hope youíre all having a great day!

Catcha later!

ras8779
02-18-2002, 09:22 PM
Hi everyone:wave:!
Sorry I haven't posted in a while but I've been so busy again. I helped my neighbors move this weekend and they moved from an upstairs apartment to another upstairs apartment so needless to say I got in a ton of exercise on Saturday. Sunday I was so sore that I couldn't even move let alone think about exercising but I will tonight. For a long weekend it sure went by fast. I'm glad to see this thread is still moving along. I need to lose weight before my son's graduation in June so I'm thinking of watching what I eat along with doing exercise daily. I'm thinking the low carb way but not as strict as the Atkins plan. I'm not sure yet. I was successful on it before but that was a while back. But it's worth a try. Okay I hope you all had a great weekend and found some time to get moving:D! I'll check in with you all tomorrow. Bye for now:)!

LoseForLife
02-21-2002, 07:33 PM
Hi guys!

My exercise has been dismal the last few days, for one reason or another! :mad:

Take Tuesday, too hot.
Wednesday, get killer headache and pass out on couch.
Thursday, get side tracked by painting.
Friday - If I don't get out today I'm gonna scream!

No major plans for this weekend, so I told Marc I'd like to make one day my swimming day and take advantage of that gym membership rotting away over there!

Rose, you've got a goal for June, and I've got one for then, but not for the same reasons, just would like to have some positive results by then! So let's push each other to succeed in making a difference! Are you not on any food program at the moment?

How's everyone else going? Hopefully better than me! *sigh*

Well, speak to you all later!

PS How about a promise that we have exercised at least once by the next time we log on!!! :dizzy:

Meigg
02-21-2002, 09:10 PM
I have just joined a week ago, and am over on 10 pounds at a time.

My biggest problem has always been consistency. I am now trying to exercise everyday of the work week on my eliptical trainer. My husband just set up a TV in the den, so now while he is online I can watch the Olympics.

I have exercised Tues & Wednesday this week, and plan to as soon as I log off.

Hope all is well!

ageoldie
02-21-2002, 11:37 PM
Went to the doctor today and got a good report. He removed my stitches and staples and said I was doing really well. He said I can start getting out some now and start resuming my life again, I still can't drive yet, but I can go to the gym to the pool. As far as exercise goes, he said that I need to keep up the ones I'm doing now until I am able to ride the stationaray bike for 30 minutes. (I can't even make 5 minutes now.) but that I will have to resign myself to the fact that I will have to ride the bike 30 minutes for the rest of my life.

Someone asked about what kind of eating plan we are on. Mydh&I have just resubscribed to a program called Diet Gourmet I don't know if they have it all over the country but It is available all over Texas. Anyway the fix the meals for you (Similar to Jenny Craig I thing) except they are fresh and not frozen or dried, or whatever. They deliver them twice a week, and we store them in the fridge and just eat, or heat & eat. I chose the 1100 cal diet and my dh the 1700 cal. We also chose the low carb menu. So all the calorie, nutritional counting is already done for us. We sometimes supplement with extra fruit or smoothies. This will be the third or fourth time we have done this, but it always works for us. The only problem is we can't stay on it for too longs as it gets really boring after a few monts. Anyway we start again Monday and will stick with it until Alvin's surgery on April 26. Then we will have to reevaluate. If he can only eat a few spoonfuls of food the whole day, we won't spend the money for full meals. I am sure that after his surgery I will loose weight too, just because we are co=dependent for each other. Good thing it's not alchol we are addicted to. Although that might be easier to kick!!!

So much for my rambling.

LoseForLife
02-24-2002, 10:38 PM
Hey all! :D

Well, I had a TERRIFIC weekend, and feel all energetic and ispired.

This is what my Saturday was like:
1. Spent a good hour in the garden developing our veggie and herb patches;
2. Had a HEALTHY and SMALL lunch;
3. Went for a walk with Marc and Josh (little speedster on his bike with training wheels! :lol: ) up to Belair National Park and ran and walked for about 1 hour;
4. Made a yummy healthy meal of lamb chops, veggies and light gravy;
5. Did some painting.

On Sunday, more relaxing, just as enjoyable, and got to do lots more painting.

Overall, the weekend included just about everything I could ask for..... Eating was good, got to do some really good exercise, and finally got stuck into my art again!! :D I would have to say that's the most stress-reducing, relaxing weekend I've had in a LOOOOONNNNNGGGG time, and yes, I'm including our holiday, because that went to shyte because of my new in-laws, but I won't go there, otherwise I'll spoil my good mood!

Got a couple of pics to show you guys, and I'll have them on a website in the next couple of days, so let you know.

Welcome, Meigg, glad to have you join us! I like the idea of watching TV while exercising, pity I can't do that when I go walking! :lol:

Barbg, glad to hear you're on the mend! Good luck on your husbands surgery!

Rose and Carol, how's your weekends been, and keeping up the exercise? Well, at least I got to exercise at least once before coming back in - just gotta keep it up!

Meigg
02-24-2002, 10:51 PM
I had a great first week!

I exercised every night (Tue-Fri), taught dance on Sat and walked for a half hour today.

I lost 2 pounds this week which makes everything worth it!

I just finished a wonderful chinese dinner my husband made. We even had an egg roll and wonton soup. It was fabulous!

Now I am off to watch the rest of the Closing Ceremony of the Olympics.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Meg

LoseForLife
02-25-2002, 08:48 PM
Hellooooo!

I fixed my journal yesterday - am using a 10 week booklet that gives you all the charts etc to record your progress, some yummy menu suggestions, and the 10 week journal. I had started using it last year, without success! So I used that and had a GREAT day yesterday, including a 30 minute walk in the hills - I tell you, that will do it! I was basically tracking in the bush, and had to keep a keen eye out for snakes!

So I'm on a 10 week plan to kick start my loss, and feel very positive and energised!!! :D

Meg, well done on the fantastic exercise and WOOOO HOOOOOO :spin: :spin: on your weight loss, that's great! I'm hoping to see the same results next week!

Rose and all you others out there, drop us a line soon!

See ya!

Meigg
02-25-2002, 10:32 PM
I just got off the ET, and I did 16 minutes with arms - a new record for me - and only after 1 week. Last week I got up to 14 minutes with NO arms. My husband told me that I must be getting into better shape already. What a compliment!

Lynne - great job with your 30 minute walk - and good luck with the 10 week plan!

Talk to you all soon!!

LoseForLife
02-26-2002, 07:28 PM
Hi guysÖ

Canít stop to talk, as Iíve got lots of work to do today, and itís all artistic stuff preparing a new product brochure, which I love doing, so I better get to it. :D

Just wanted to tell you that I managed to exercise again last night, dragging my Jenny Craig aerobic video out. Itís a classic, I swear! :lol: :strong: :sheep: (oh, wow, don't you love these new smilies - this is me working out! ha ha ha ha)

Ate a bit too much in the afternoon, when I took Josh 10 pin bowling, so am adjusting my points today to account - I love journalling again, itís so helpful right now! You forget what you can and canít do when youíre not, and itís so easy to go over points when youíre not tracking. Iíve got my little heart stickers all ready for sticking in the weekís end, if I do a good job, so Iím determined to do well - I want that sticker! Hee hee

Take care, speak to you laterÖ

Oh, just can't resist - :shrug: :moo: :joker:

ageoldie
02-26-2002, 10:41 PM
Hi All,
I'm still mending really well. Got the stitches removed Thursday, and a really good report from the doctor. I too had a great weekend. Saturday was my birthday so my husband to me and my paarents out to eat Mexican food. It was the first time I'd been out since my surgery Feb1th.

I'm still doing my rehab exercises twice or three times a day. The doctor says when I can ride the stationary bike for 30 minutes, I can stop the other exercises. Right now I am up to twenty minutes at a time. Just ten more to go. Also the doctor says I will have to ride the bike for at least 30 minutes for the rest of my life. If only it wasn't sooo boring!:shrug:

I hadn't noticed the new smiles, they are neat.

Well our food started comming Sunday night so we are back on the track with eating, so combine that with getting out and riding the bike maybe I'll get back to losing.

LoseForLife
03-04-2002, 08:57 PM
Hi guys!

Sorry haven't posted in a few days but been a mad house here.

Finally got a job!!! :D !!! But it's been full on organising the application and preparing for the interview and now I'm trying to wind up at work and I've got a meeting today, so it's all been CRAZY!!! :dizzy:

Anyhoo, tomorrow life return's a bit to normal so I'll catch up then!

ras8779
03-08-2002, 02:51 PM
Hi everybody:wave:!
Remember me:?: I know I've been bad for not posting but life has been hectic and I was just talking to my friend NASCAR Woman and she asked if I'd been on 3FC's board lately and I had to say no! So feeling guilty I had to pop in to say hi and then I noticed the new smilies:joker:! Wow these are so cute! Good job.

Barbg-It sounds like you are recovering nicely. I'm so happy for you and happy belated birthday:hb:! It sounds like you enjoyed yourself. Oh I happened to read your other thread with the question about exercise videos and I would definitely check out collagevideo.com they have a great selection.

Lynn-You are doing great:D! Thanks for posting and keeping this little thread going. I know I haven't been posting much lately but work has been so busy. Oh congrats on the new job:).

Okay I'll try to check in more often. Hang in there everybody!

LoseForLife
03-11-2002, 07:18 AM
Hello friends!! :D

Sorry it's been a few days - the weekend always does that to me, crazy I know, considering I'm at home more. Guess I get tied up spending time with the family and doing stuff round the house...

Speaking of which, we got stuck into the housecleaning and gardening again on Sunday, so definitely burned some calories then. Could barely move, and got TOM, so was feeling a bit crusty last night! :joker:

Because of such a hectic week last week, my journal and plan went right out the window. I was also feeling REALLY down and icky, and just surviving from day to day. I wasn't overdoing it food-wise, but was too burned out to exercise or anything.

Anyway, the weekend gave me a chance to rest and recoop, and felt more energised by the end. Started my new job today, and although I'm feeling tuckered, I'm thinking of getting my Jenny Craig video out. I'm going to have to reassess my exercise plan, because I'm not getting home until about 6.30pm now. So I'm thinking of getting up a bit earlier and walking in the morning again. I've got about 2 months before winter sets in to take advantage of decent weather....

Barbg, belated birthday wishes from me too! Glad to your hear you're on the mend in time to celebrate! Where's your bike? Could you put it in front of the TV? How's your husband feeling? How's the food? Wish I could afford to get a plan like that.... but, I have a hubby who's a chef, so who's complaining! :lol:

Rose, so good to hear from you. Don't worry if you can't pop in very often, trust me I know what it's like! How's the exercise going? I'm hoping to see an increase in mine now that life's settling down again... we'll see! :lol:

Well, I'm decided - I'm going to go and do my aerobics. See, even quietly, you all have a positive influence! :strong:

LoseForLife
03-12-2002, 07:35 AM
:strong: :jig: :sheep: :moo:

I am sitting here and I'm giving myself a HUUUUUUGGGGGEEEEE pat on the back for one heck of a program effort over the last 24 hours.

Basically, I kept to word and did my aerobics last night, with Marc watching on (and he won't admit to anyone else, but was finding it quite good! hee hee). Then I got all inspired about walking in the mornings, and so at 6.10am this morning off I went!!!!! Yes, I hiked those hills for 20 minutes, and it was GREAT! The sun was just shining over the hills, the moon and last star were glowing in the sky, it was nippy but not cold, and the magpies and kookaburras were just waking up. AMAZING!!! :D

So then I could go today knowing I'd got that out of the way, and was a pretty special way to start the day! It was so nice thinking that I could just come home and chill out without worrying about not getting my workout in!!

I actually read something great today, and I hope you don't mind if I put it in here. It's a bit lengthy, but well worth the read...

"DANCE LIKE NOBODY IS WATCHING...

We convince ourselves that life will be better after we get married, after we have a baby, then another. Then we are frustrated that the kids arenít old enough and weíll be more content when they are. After that we are frustrated that we have teenagers to deal with. We will certainly be happier when they are out of the stage. We tell ourselves that life will be complete when our spouse gets his or her act together, when we get a nicer car, able to go on vacation, when we retire.

The truth is, there is no better time to be happy than right now. If not, when?

Your life will always be filled with challenges. Itís best to admit this to yourself and decide to be happy anyway. One of my favorite quotes comes from Alfred D. Souza. He said ďfor a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin Ė real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be worked through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. THEN life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my lifeĒ.

This perspective has helped me to see that there is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way. So, treasure every moment that you have. And treasure it more because you shared it with someone special, special enough to spend your time. And remember that time waits for no oneÖ

So stop waiting until you finish school, until you go back to school, until you lose 10 pounds, until you gain 10 pounds, until you have kids, until your kids leave the house, until you start work, until you retire, until you get married, until you get a new car or home, until your new car or home is paid off, until spring, until summer, until you are off welfare, until the first or fifteenth, until the some comes on, until you have a drink, until you have sobered up, until you die you are born again to decide that there is not better time than right now to be happy.

HAPPINESS IS A JOURNEY, NOT A DESTINATION

Work like you donít need money, Love like youíve never been hurtÖ.
And Dance like no one is watching!!"

Howís that eh? LOVE IT!! It certainly matches what Iíve been striving for over the last year Ė to accept my life at ANY point, enjoy it, and move on. Because if you donít love yourself now, and enjoy life now, when will you?

Good night friends

LoseForLife
03-13-2002, 06:53 AM
HI guys!!!

Another SUPERB day - if only they could all be like this!!! :D

I went for my walk again this morning, 20 minutes up and down the hill! I met another crazy person out there too, who knows I might end up with a walking buddy?! My food has been good, but I haven't been journalling, and I should cos I've been right on track! But I've been quite busy and didn't feel like flashing my journal around at my new work!!!

Well, I'm off for an early night so I can get up again tomorrow am, so I'll see ya all tomorrow!

*quietly doing my little dance!!*