Weight Loss Support - Yay for Self Control!!!!!

View Full Version : Yay for Self Control!!!!!

Tavinni
01-29-2008, 11:47 PM
I am sooooo proud of myself! Today was one of those days at work where something sweet and tasty was in my face. We had a mini birthday party with a chocolate fudge cheescake, OMG!!!! It looked soooooooo tasty and the staff in our department were making their oooohs and ahhhs about how good it was and I simply sipped my cranberry tea (tasty to me). The birthday girl was upset that I wasn't partaking in her birthday cake, but I simply explained its not something that I can eat.

Then one of my clients came in and she knew that I was out sick yesterday so she bought me a heart sugar cookie and told me that she hoped I felt better. Which was sooooo nice of her. She then presented me with a giant (I mean massive, must have weighed 2 pounds) chocolate chip cookie that was baked with oreos in it. Again delicious looking, but not something that I could eat, the thought was more valuable to me than the cookie. But I kinda wanted to eat the cookie. I ended up sharing with the staff and didn't eat any of it. :) . I also shared the sugar cookie with someone on staff, I didn't eat it either.

It was a hard and tempting day but I got through it! And I am proud!

Just thought I would share.

tomandkara
01-30-2008, 12:24 AM
:cheer: You are the most amazing woman I have ever met in my life! :cheer:

Go get your nails done or something! You totally deserve it!

Kara

Heather
01-30-2008, 12:35 AM
That's great!!!!! You didn't say NO to the cheesecake and cookies, but YES to you!

:congrat:

Lovely
01-30-2008, 07:59 AM
:cheer2: WOW! What a tempting-ful day, but you did so well ^^ Wonderful! :cheer2:

Tavinni
01-31-2008, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the kind words ladies! Today I am wearing a sweater that hasn't fit me in years :) :) :)

Though the scale hasn't really moved in a while....It was a great confidence booster!!! a few small inches closer to my weightloss goal.

chick_in_the_hat
01-31-2008, 07:22 PM
You are one POWERFUL chick!!

:yay: Tavinni! :yay:

Mel
01-31-2008, 07:56 PM
:bravo:

Mel

rockinrobin
01-31-2008, 09:54 PM
Phenomenal!!!!!!!!!

Serena C
01-31-2008, 11:16 PM
That is incredible. So it CAN be done! :) Great job, really.

emmyroo
02-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Woo-hoo! I had similar temptations yesterday and I gave in. :( A coworker made brownies and trudged through the snow to deliver them to the on-duty staff, and I just couldn't resist. It bumped me over my calorie goal. But I'm making up for it by eating less today, so I average out at my goal.

Tavinni
02-02-2008, 01:58 AM
Emmyroo, its okay to slip up every once in a while. Your doing the right thing by getting right back to eating healthy. One day over your calorie limit isn't going to really hurt you. You can do this!

emmyroo
02-02-2008, 02:14 PM
Thanks, Tavinni. It's amazing that I ate only 1400 calories yesterday, and yet I never felt like I was absolutely starving. Hungry, yes, but that's to be expected before my body realizes I'm not overeating anymore. Yay. :)

Liliann
02-03-2008, 10:55 AM
:bravo: on not eating the sugar cookies.. Talk about self control.. You should be proud and I am proud of you.. Way to go!! :)

Tavinni
02-03-2008, 02:32 PM
I am amazed by the fact that 1400 calories can fit so much food. LOL. 1400 calories was one meal for me sometimes. Now I am learning to space out 1400 calories over a day and my goal is 1600-1700 calories sometimes I can't even make it, which I think is good for my current body weight.

Thanks Liliann, you know whats funny I think that I am at a point where I really don't crave sweets. When I want something sweet I eat fruit or a granola bar. But I don't need a cookie or a piece of cake. Sometimes I have to remind myself when its in my face though.