Old 01-29-2008, 10:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 228.8/228.8/140

Default Clinics Closing - Canada

I have been reading a lot here about clinics that are closing. Is it just the PURE clinics that were closed? I don't beleive we had these ones in Canada. I am worried about starting the program again if there is a potential for the clinic to close.
PolarBear2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 194.6/194.6/163

Height: 5.5

I am totally freaked out about all the Pure closing in the U.S. and fearful it will have some repercussions in Canada's centres as well :-( I am stocking up on my Lites as I have heard the stories (here) about centres closing and people being unable to get their prepaid bulk!

My contract expires end of March though... How long ago did you join? How much do you have left?
apple76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 192/174/155

Hi, i am new here and just joined LA WL. I have read that in the USA Pure and LA WL branched off of each other last year, and LA is still operating in the states but some locations did close. I don't think it will affect Canada. Having said that, i don't think i would pre-buy 1 yrs worth just to be safe.

For us Canadians, is the program change much over the past year? I have just completed TAKE off and am into my first week. But there is no, pasta,rice or pototaes, or red meat allowed the first 4 weeks. These are staples but i have no idea if i can do it. I am unfortunatley not a fish eater, does it get better after week 4??
wish2bthin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 05:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 189/185/135

Height: 5'5

Sounds like you're on what is the "new program". I'm in Alberta and haven't had it rolled out yet. I think I will hear about it today when I go in. I think the first for weeks is called LA Express. It is very restricted and then after four weeks you get to introduce a lot more variety.
superstar78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 05:33 PM   #5  
Val

PolarBear - If you don't mind me asking, where are you located?
I may stand corrected on this, but I believe that most of the centres that I have heard closed were in the US. Most were Pure Weight Loss, although a few LAWL have closed as well. I personally have not heard of any centres closing in Canada. However, that is not to say that the potential does not exist, as it exists with any business. Personally, I feel that the benefits of the program and what I have got out of it, far outweight the risk of the centre closing.

superstar - I also am in Alberta, and the centres if Edmonton, Calgary and Red Deer are all currently rolling out the new programs. You are correct, LA Express is for the first 4 weeks and is very limited. However, I personall was given the choice to go on LA Express or just go on the regular program, and was told that anyone who had been on the program for a while would be given the choice, but that for new people LA Express would be mandatory. I personally need the options of the regular program, but will try to follow the choices of LA Express as much as possible (they gave me both books).
Jrny2aNewMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 07:29 AM   #6  

Jrny2aNewMe ~ I am located in Toronto, Ontario. I have not heard about any clinics closing in Canada but it does run through my mind as I jump back on track.

If they are doing this LA express does not sound like something I could live through. I don't like being that restricted.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 189/185/135

Height: 5'5

Ya, LA Express looked pretty tough. You'd probably be eating the same things every day. I looked at the new program and it seems to be the same amount of food. Even though I have more exchanges, the portion sizes are smaller. I was disappointed though, a counselor at my centre had said that Starbucks would be on the program..but it's not
superstar78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 07:08 AM   #8  

That is my problem. I usually end up eating the same thing everyday. I am hoping to by-pass this part of the program and just get on plan
Old 02-01-2008, 11:07 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 192/174/155

i am finding the express difficult, and i only completed week 1!
wish2bthin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 04:23 PM   #10  

Wish2bthin2 - I am having a hard time also!