Old 01-29-2008, 10:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 228.8/228.8/140

Default Program Changes

Hi Everyone,

I am relatively new to the boards but not to LAWL. I had been there once before had success then thought I could do it on my own. BIG Mistake!! I have heard now that the program has changed in a lot of way since I was there two years ago.

Can anyone advise how the program has changed or direct me in the right direction?

Thanks.
PolarBear2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:33 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

I don't know what it was like 2 years ago, but I can tell you what it's like now.

I'm on a No Lites or Supplements program which I abosultely love. I have some health reasons why I can't take their stuff and boy am I glad. I hear alot about how expensive the bars and supplements are and b/c the counselors get a commission, they push them heavily and people are pressured into buying them.

That said......I love the program. Since I can't use the lites I have a ton of food. I'm on Program #7, which I think is a revised Program #5 b/c I'm so heavy. Basically you get a # of choices from each food group. The 1st 4 weeks are really strict and you don't get very many choices. My center said that they do that to keep you motivated and detox your system. It worked and boy was I happy to "graduate" to the Free to Live program w/ lots of more choices! But I was pretty grumpy & felt crappy the 1st week as I got rid of all of the nasty stuff in my system.

You pay your membership fee up front and I'm pretty sure it's a flat fee no matter how much you have to lose. Mine ended up being less than $10/week for 2 years. And since I don't do the Lites or Supplements, I literally have no out of pocket expense now. Except for my HUGE grocery bill! But that has taken the place of my HUGE fast food bill so that's okay.

I go to the center 3x a week to WI and talk to a counselor. I love the support and accountability that it offers. I have never, never, never stuck to a diet this long. It feels very balanced, nutritious and I lost 17 lbs the 1st month.

LOVE IT!! Good luck.
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/204/140

Height: 5'5"

What is the normal program fee for membership?
momof2cutebugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 192/174/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRCATON View Post
I'm on a No Lites or Supplements program which I abosultely love. I have some health reasons why I can't take their stuff and boy am I glad. I hear alot about how expensive the bars and supplements are
I am glad that is an option because i too, will not be doing the bars after week 1. I can really say that i do not enjoy them, even though i was told how great they tasted. DId you still find support from the center even though you are not purchasing "further commissioned items"
wish2bthin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 03:26 PM   #5  

My center is awesome and I get tons of support. Just this week I had an 1/2 hour discussion w/ one of the counselors on how to handle an out of town trip I am taking today.

I couldn't do it without the 1:1 attention. Of course, I prefer some of the counselors to others. There is really only 1 that I don't care for and that's because she never smiles and talks really really fast. Makes me feel like she's trying to herd me out for the next person.

I found the 1st month everyone was kind of cold and strict about stuff. But they have loosened up as they have gotten to know me and realized that I'm serious about this and willing to work very hard! One of the counselors actually said to me that my committment to this program is showing b/c of all of the vegtables I make myself eat (I used to hate them). That kind of feedback is wonderful and very motivating.

This website is fantastic too! I can't wait to get back from WI and move my ticker each week and celebtrate w/ everyone on here!

Seriously, I've done almost every other program imaginable and I blame about 100 pounds on them. This is the only one I've ever really thought I could stick to long term. I feel like I'm making life-long choices right now and I'm being taught how to eat.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 189/185/135

Height: 5'5

Does anyone have any information on the online portion? I've seen there is somewhere you can submit recipes and they alter them for you and provide you with the exchanges. Is it only a US thing?
superstar78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 05:14 PM   #7  
Val

Polar Bear - If you are trying to do it on your own I would definitely stick with the old plan - the new one has changed too much to try to do it without all the right documentation. Many people on this board have been very successful losing weight with only this board for support.

Superstar - I believe you have to be a member of LA at Home to be able to submit recipes.
Jrny2aNewMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:09 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRCATON View Post
all of the vegtables I make myself eat (I used to hate them).
Glad i am not the only one, i really struggle eating veggies, especially without butter Hope it gets easier for me too!
BTW, this is the only forum i could find for LA WL support, what others do you use?
Old 01-30-2008, 07:24 AM   #9  

Default Thanks

Thanks for all of the advice here. I am actually going to go back into the clinic I have a year to go so I might as well use it. the girl I spoke to on the phone advised that the program has changed a lot since I last went there so I will have to start over with a new medical.

I have never heard of the at home or on-line program. I wonder if they offer it here in Canada.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:47 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 189/185/135

Height: 5'5

I'm not sure, the only place I've heard about it is on these boards.
superstar78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:21 PM   #11  

wish2bthin2 -

This is the only forum I use. I found this one when I started and it has become my home

It's really active. I enjoy the time I spend on here.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:09 AM   #12  

This does seem to be a great forum and I look forward to chatting with you guys.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:05 PM   #13  

thanks, i hope to find all the support i need right here. AND, i will need all the support i can get!!!!
Old 02-02-2008, 04:24 PM   #14  

Me too. I am right there with ya!
Old 02-02-2008, 11:08 PM   #15  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Really good to have you on here Polarbear and Jill!! Keep up the great work!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote