LA Weight Loss - January 28-February 3 Friends and Losers Thread

michie
01-28-2008, 09:27 AM
Good morning girls and boys!

Today is the beginning of a new day, soon it will be a new month. Let's get all of our excuses and bad habits behind us and really make this next week (or month if you can think that far ahead) about our health and weight loss! We deserve to do this! Hope everyone has a great day, week, month... and remember that you can do it!

Repo girl
01-28-2008, 09:43 AM
Good morning everyone! Let's make this a week that we can all be proud of. You can do it!!!

aguerin
01-28-2008, 09:45 AM
Good Morning All!

Lets make good Choices today and the rest of the week!

Katy66
01-28-2008, 10:49 AM
Good morning! The words of encouragement are great to hear this morning. Had a not so great weekend, plan and otherwise but today is a new day!

chiquita623
01-28-2008, 10:59 AM
Good Morning Everyone. Hope everyone had a good weekend. DBF and I went on a date Saturday night. Went out for dinner and then to see the Bucket List. That is such a good movie. Made me cry. I made my mind up yesterday that I really need to get back to basics about this plan so I have started weighing and measuring my food again. And writing down everything I eat. I'm hoping that will get me focused. I'm also going to check out Jazzercise this week. I really need to start moving a little more than I have been. I think that's one reason why I'm stuck where I'm at for so long.

Anyway, enough bellyaching from me. Let's all get focused and determined to forge ahead this week and stay POP!!!

Dan2112
01-28-2008, 11:08 AM
Morning all...

Well, I feel almost back to normal this morning.. At least I finally have an appitite back... In fact, I was pretty darn hungry, so I had a breakfast burrito.. But no fear, I'm on veggies and lean stuff for the rest of the day.. At least I got my starches out of the way early.

I think I found a decent bike to buy, in preparation for this triathlon I'm going for in May.. A group of my highschool classmates and I also plan to do an Albuquerque bike tour event in June as a prelude to our 20th class reunion later in the month.. So I'd better get crackin' on the training...

Have a great day all!!

Katy66
01-28-2008, 12:12 PM
Wow Dan, I'm impressed. You will do great in the triathlon. Glad you are feeling better:)

pjbeau
01-28-2008, 12:44 PM
Good morning,

I did okay over the weekend...much better than on a couple of days last week. Hopefully, I got that out of my system and can stay POP this week.

I think winter is just a hard time and fighting the munchies is very difficult. My project is on some down time, so I'm spending alot more time sitting at my desk. I find that if I'm bored or sedentary for very long, I think I need to eat...just to have something to do...bad, bad, bad. It's not even lunch time and I've already eaten my apple and carrots, just trying to satisfy my munchies, which will make my afternoon tough since I will be out of snacks.
Anyways...I will succeed!!

Hope everyone is having a nice Monday...chin up...stay POP...make yourself proud.

later-

amylou7777
01-28-2008, 01:15 PM
Morning all!

Scale was extremely mean to me this morning and that's all I have to say about that. I was SOO good last week, and had a major slip up on Sat while my lil bro was staying with us. I could tell it was TOM-just felt extremely hungry and had intense cravings for bad stuff. But that is no excuse, so it's back to POP for me this week. Goal is to truly get 7 days in instead of 5. I know I can do it and I know you can too!

Felicia- I will be praying that a wonderful buyer wants to buy the old house. But seriously do what Katie has told you to do! Postive thoughts and it will come true!

Stephanie- if you feel healthy, comfortable and beautiful at 150 you should definitely move to stablization! That is great! I know I still haven't picked my real goal weight bc I have no idea how I will feel once I'm below 200. I'm beginning to think 165-180 will be a good place for me with my height and body. As long as I like what I'm able to wear and feel healthy-that's all that should be important! Congrats on all of your success-your ticker still amazes me!

Hi Cindy! We need to see your face! Get a picture up girlie so we can remember you!

Hi Michelle! It's sunny in norcal today! How's SD? How was your weekend?

Kimberly-way to stay in the KMART challenge! I hope you win!!! I'm so impressed with your losses!

Dan- sounds like you have some great goals to get training for!! Hope you are feeling better!

Hi Paula, Tues, Cecilia!

Joni-hope your day goes great today! How are the DDs doing in Georgia?

Ok, I got my workout in (last night too!! ) so now it's time for reading before class. On campus late so must get the lunch and dinner packed too....

Happy Monday all!

cecil
01-28-2008, 02:02 PM
Hello everyone! It's not sooo busy today? Why is that?
Are we all feeling guilty after the weekend? Ha! I know I am!
Amy, I didn't do great this weekend either. We had our holiday party I did better then I expected but I am sure I will up tomorrow. Plus I have a birthday party tonight and a friend in town. I really think everything would be so much easier if the world revolved around our Diet! He he! That would be the best!
Michelle, thanks for the pep talk those never hurt!

Hi Paula, Laurie, Katie, Katy and everyone else!

Lettie, OMG I don't think I could deal with that? More power to you!

Heres to a good POP Day!

Katy66
01-28-2008, 02:35 PM
Hey gang, just a quick check in after my very on plan lunch:)

Amy - sorry the scales were mean to you. Probably not smart of me but I avoid the scale on Mondays. I need a couple of days to recoup from any weekend mess ups.

Cecilia - good luck with your events. Anything like that makes staying on plan even more difficult... just plan your day around it!

Hi Amy, Katie, Michie, Paula, Laura and any other lurkers out there. Boy it is a slow day around here:)

BarbaraB
01-28-2008, 02:59 PM
Hi All,

I had a POP weekend! Well, if you don't count Friday night as part of the weekend, since I made spaghetti on Friday night and my DH was late getting home, so I just seemed to eat and eat it.... waaay more than the exchanges of starches I had left. It would have POP if I had just eaten one serving.

It snowed here today, so we didn't go to the spin class. Just too dangerous going down our hill, even if you can drive in the snow doesn't mean the other people out there can. The hill coming up to our house is steep and trecherous. Last year there were 2 cars that slid through the stop sign, across the road and through the fence into the backyard of the people at the bottom of the hill... 1 car crashed into a retaining wall on the hill and one spun around several times and ended up crashed into a mailbox...

Felicia, Hope your house sells soon. When we moved to Portland from Spokane, we had our house up there on the market for 9 months before it sold, and we were renting a place down here that was costing us about the same as the mortgage, so things got really tight for a long time for us. Plus I didn't really get much of a raise for taking the job down here, and there was 9% state income tax that I did not even consider before we moved here, so there was a less take home pay on top of it all... but the house eventually sold and we were so very relieved. We had to lower the price, since the market dropped in Spokane. That was hard, as we lost money on the house, but really we had not lived there long.

Stephanie, I originally just wanted to see a lower number on the scale, as I had gotten down lower before. I do think that losing it slowly, it is harder to lose as much, since you haven't lost muscle mass along with the fat to the degree that I had on other diets in the past... So I was happier and leaner at the higher number than I would have ever thought possible before. The number on the scale is not nearly as important as how you feel and look

michie
01-28-2008, 03:50 PM
It sure is slow around here... only one page and it's nearly noon??? Tisk tisk! :)

Cecilia- Don't worry about your slip up... it happens. Just go work you little butt off and you should be fine! Try level 3 on your BL DVD! (No don't do it... it's a trick! It's killer!)

Amy- It has been raining on and off for the past few hours. Stupid weather. Send us some of your sun, please??? :)

So far today I have been quite good! I went to WI and I came in at my lowest so far... 227.4. Hopefully I am out of the 230's completely now because if I go up again I may just lose it! Ahhhhhhh! (<-like that..)

I too have school and work all day today, so I am going to cook and pack all of my foods. Have a POP rest of the day!

bradleys mom
01-28-2008, 03:58 PM
Good Monday fellow Losers! I hope you all are planning ona Fantastic POP week! I was surprised there wasnt already 2 pages by this time today!

I feel like my motivation and willpower is through the roof! I have lost a lot of weight since January 1st! Right after Christmas I was almost back up to 245, and now I am finally under 235 for the first time in over 4 years! I am truly beginning to feel good about myself, and I feel healthy! And too I keep rubbbing it in DH's face that I am very close to 229, and he is going to have to take me out to eat wherever I wanna go for V-Day!!

Everyone stay focused and happy! Have a great week!

ferrarimomof2
01-28-2008, 04:38 PM
Hey everyone,

I had a bad weekend and am having trouble staying on plan since wisdom teeth out almost 2 1/2 weeks ago. I was down .2 today at least not a gain. I suppose. I plan on staying POP for a while so I can get this weight on off. I hope everyone has a great day.

Ternoway
01-28-2008, 06:20 PM
Goodafternoon everyone. I haven't posted in awhile so I thought I'd check in. I went to weigh in and I'm down a pound which puts me only 4.5 pounds away from my halfway point so I'm determined to stay on plan to get there. I got engaged over the holidays so now I have to work up some extra motivation to stay POP so that I can lose enough weight to be able to try on wedding dresses. Every store I've looked in stocks size 10's as the samples for people to try on. What's up with that!!!!

JLem311
01-28-2008, 06:46 PM
hey everyone. not much going on with me..but i thought i'd check in. i got a new pilates burn and firm dvd a few days ago so i tried that out today. it's pretty good. too many lunges for my liking, but otherwise not too bad.
i'm still stuck at 199..but i'm sure i'll go down again sooner or later. not really worrying about it too much. at least i'm not gaining. and i'm working out and TOM just ended, so i'm sure i'll drop down again soon.

not much else to say really. just here. still struggling, but trying to manage.
i have a 3 day weekend coming up..so i'm happy with that.

hope everyone's week is starting out well.

almsthere
01-28-2008, 07:28 PM
I'm back too! I've not done so well the last few weeks.. Trying to get creative with my sweet tooth and still stay on plan. I have totally lost a taste for water so I've done HORRIBLE with that.

I am sure that is why I've been slowly gaining a few increments here and there.

I'm really in a better place though about my body image. I'm finally starting to see me for the size I really am! Smaller!

I have three little ones so I don't post often but I do lurk on occasion. Thanks for all the great motivation and advice!:carrot:

Now for a question: I always seem to lurk around 145. in the last few postpregnancy LAWL diet plans as soon as I got to goal, I didn't go back for stabilization and then ended up pregnant. I wonder if it a sign of where my body naturally likes to be or is that just an excuse to stop weight loss? I do feel ready to not to have to watch my intake so closely. So, I haven't done as strict as usual! Back to the POP boot camp!:dizzy:

lizababe
01-28-2008, 11:28 PM
Hiya everyone! Made it through another Monday... My home sclae was kind to me today so we'll see what the COD says tomorrow! Kitty and his paw seem to be slowly healing and thank goodness the dog's intestines seem back to normal again too. Yay!

Stay POP everyone and take care :)

Tuesday Cool
01-28-2008, 11:38 PM
Good day all. I am doing great, if you do not count TOM. I am still down but will be eating some conciliatory chocolate this evening. I feel an overwhelming need to sleep (after the chocolate).
Wishing you all the best and hope for a week of success on all levels. T

Dan2112
01-29-2008, 01:45 AM
I'm back too! I've not done so well the last few weeks.. Trying to get creative with my sweet tooth and still stay on plan. I have totally lost a taste for water so I've done HORRIBLE with that.

I'm really in a better place though about my body image. I'm finally starting to see me for the size I really am! Smaller!

I have three little ones so I don't post often but I do lurk on occasion. Thanks for all the great motivation and advice!:carrot:

Now for a question: I always seem to lurk around 145. in the last few postpregnancy LAWL diet plans as soon as I got to goal, I didn't go back for stabilization and then ended up pregnant. I wonder if it a sign of where my body naturally likes to be or is that just an excuse to stop weight loss? I do feel ready to not to have to watch my intake so closely. So, I haven't done as strict as usual! Back to the POP boot camp!:dizzy:

Ok, so obviously I can't relate with the whole pregnancy thing, but what I can tell you is that once I started losing a bunch a weight a I started getting approving comments from Liz and others, I mentally shut down when it comes to the desire to lose weight.. I started diviating from plan and not caring as much... My really good COD counselor noticed and got my butt back on track..

He said that once we start feeling comfortable with where we are, we can tend to conciously, or even subconciously taper off in our desire to lose weight.. I was still about 50 lbs from goal, so I had to mentally recommit... It's hard to make that tangible for you, and of course there's the whole pregnancy thing, but I think you're a a comfortable place and subconciously don't want to rock the boat as it were.. You need to take your brain by the horns and kick it into gear, if you really want to lose more weight...

Dan2112
01-29-2008, 01:49 AM

I just typed out a whole long message and then lost it for some reason.. :mad:

The gist of it was that even though I can't relate to the whole pregnancy thing, it sounds to me that you've gotten comfortable with that weight and subconciously, your mind is telling you to knock off the weight loss. Now it's up to you if you're going to listen or not... Seems to me that you're here for a reason and that's to get below where you are right now... You CAN tell your body and brain to shut the heck up and let you get on with it, but be prepared for it to be a challenge for a while.. I hit a comfortable spot about 50 lbs. into my weight loss and it took me a couple of weeks to really get going again.. Thankfully one of my COD counselors saw what was happening and was able to get me to realize the problem...

You can do it if you want to...

Katy66
01-29-2008, 09:52 AM
Good morning! Happy to report that I was close to POP yesterday. I got all my water in but missed a starch. I guess if I'm going to be off plan, missing a starch is the probably the best way to do it. Did better planning for today and will have that extra starch in the way of Triscuit crackers with my Laughing Cow cheese. By the way, thanks to whomever it was that mentioned that as a good choice for dairy. And my grocer is carrying some different flavors of it in the light now, French Onion for today:)

Dan - Had not really thought about it but I think you are right. I've been at this a year next month and have lost 66lbs. All along I was getting compliments but at about the 55 - 60 mark they started rolling in; I didn't have to shop in the plus size stores anymore; etc; etc; Well I chalked my "backsliding" to the holidays which did play a big part but I also think the experience you describe has played a big part too. I've got about 35 more lbs to go to get to my initial goal so I need to get it in gear with the plan basics:yes: and some exercise:ebike:!

Well, better run and get some work done this morning. Hope everyone has a great day! Hello to everyone out there:wave:

By the way, where is everyone? The board seems really slow:?:

Repo girl
01-29-2008, 11:06 AM
Yeah, it does seem slow. Come out and play everyone!

Katy- I love Laughing cow too. I put it on a half of an english muffin with an egg for breakfast, or in a pita pocket with scrambled eggs. Also, I like to steam a big bowl of broccoli and cauliflower and add the Laughing Cow to it after it is done cooking and has been drained. If you let it sit for a few minutes to soften, then stir it all up good, it makes awesome broccoli in cheese sauce.

Dan- You are so right about getting too comfy. That is exactly what I did when I was in the 160's, then my weight shot back up.

Tuesday- Step away form the chocolate!!!

Liza- GL at weight in!

Jillian- Great job exercising!

Almosthere- Keep on swimming, you will get there!

Ternoway- You have come so far, great job!

Amy- I like your "wait and see" on your WL goal. You will know when you are there and happy with the size you are.

Kimberly- Good for you! It is success like you are having that really kept me going hard and strong for a long time. Plus, I love that your DH is taking you to your choice of place for V Day when you hit the 220's. You deserve it!

Dionne- Oh, wisdom teeth have seriously screwed my up on my plan twice. Just jump back on the wagon and keep going. Stupid teeth!

Michelle- I can't resist. You were unhappy about your rain? We were having 35 mp/h winds with 50 mp/h gusts with snow. Why, oh why do I live in this place? Let's both do the sun dance, huh?

Yesterday the wind blew so hard that the huge window in my daycare room cracked. I moved all of the kids in to the living room while DH built a big wooden mostrosity to go into the window frame. We had to custom order a new window since it is an odd size. 35 mp/h winds and snow were blustering into the room. I had to stand in front of the window and hold one of storm windows up for ever trying to keep the snow out of here. It was insane. Luckily though, we got the wood put up and sealed it with that shink wrap plastic stuff. My house is looking pretty fancy with that in place of a window, let me tell ya. I am working on day 9 POP with exercise. I am also going to start working on a bulletin board for my bedroom to help keep me on track. I am going to write a letter to myself spelling out exactly why I want to achieve my ideal weight, and how I am going to get there. I am going to write down my desired weight and what date I will achieve it. I will put up skinny pictures of me, pictures of clothes that I want to wear, and lots of motivational quotes and stuff. I know that having board such as this have helped me to achieve other goals. It will help a lot this time too.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Katy66
01-29-2008, 11:42 AM
Katie - I love all your ideas to motivate yourself, the letter, the pictures, the clothes. One of my old counselors that I really miss told me to go out and buy a size smaller pants that I really love and hang them in the front of my closet for motivation. It worked well then so I did it again recently. I can get in them now but they are still too snug to wear out:) It won't be long though!!!

Angie
01-29-2008, 12:35 PM
Yay! Only two pages to catch up on so far this week. That's managable.

Paula -- It is hard to fight those munchies...they hit at about 9:00 pm for me. I've been trying to just have a few extra baby carrots or celery sticks to fight them off.

Amy -- TOM just left me and not a minute too soon...I'm back down to where i was before his arrival last week today. I'm sure you'll find the same in a day or so.

Cecelia -- Why does your company have your holiday party in January? Are you in a service industry?

Michie -- You'll be out of the 220s and into the teens before you know it. You're doing great!

Kimberly -- That's amazing!

Dionne -- .2 is great -- it's not a gain, and it's going in the right direction.

Ternoway -- Congratulations on being halfway to goal, and on your engagement!

Jillian -- Any luck meeting new people in your new area? Maybe you could join a running group?

Liza -- Glad your kitty and puppy are feeling better. Our cat developed diarrhea last night...fun fun fun. DH slept in the living room and had to change the litter box a few times.

Katy -- I love laughing cow cheese. It fulfills a dairy exchange, and it feels like a 'treat' to eat cheese and crackers.

Katie -- Thanks for the reminder about vision boards. I had made one for myself on the computer, so I could look at it at work too. I'm dying for something to break the picture window in my living room...if something flew into it I could claim it on insurance...lol it would save me the money out of pocket.

amylou7777
01-29-2008, 12:54 PM
Morning guys!

Scale was nicer to me this morning-but still not where I want it to be by a long shot. I absolutely have to be 7 days POP (and beyond) in order to determine if moving back to red is where I should be. I'm just wasting time by cheating!!

Katie- I'm with you on thinking positive. I think I'll create a I will weigh____ by this date________ and put it on my computer. I've got to strart visualizing myself thing!

Dany, Katy- I completely agree with the compliments making it easier to cheat. Once I lost 40lbs everyone started noticing and I was feeling way more comfy in my clothes- but I'm SOOOO far from anywhere I want to be, so now that I've stayed about the same for the past three months I'm ready to start losing regulalry. Just have to get on that track again! I'm there, just have to keep it goin!

Katie- sorry to hear about your window!! That wind sound horrid.

Hi Angie! Yes, TOM isn't even here yet, but I'm already getting all of his lovely symptoms. I'm determined to continue to exercise (got it in today!) and eat right all the way through.....glad the scale is back to normal for you!

So what's with the ghostown round these parts? what's everyone up to? Hope no one is cheating and being bad!!

It will be day 3 of POP for me today! YAY!!

chiquita623
01-29-2008, 01:08 PM
Good Morning Everybody. I agree with the comments about getting comfortable when we start getting compliments about how we look. I know that is part of my problem. Everyone tells me I look good, can really tell I've lost weight and I think, OK well if I look so good and have done so well, just one little bite/big portion/sneak/cheat won't hurt me. Bad, bad mindset.

Katie - the window thing sounds terrible. Hope you get it fixed soon and you stay warm. Here it was 50 yesterday and today it's supposed to be -4 with blowing snow this afternoon. Crazy weather!!! I love your ideas about how to motivate ourselves. I really hadn't thought much about doing visuals until you mentioned it. I'll have to come up with something.

Katy - Maybe I will go get me a smaller pair of pants and put them in my closet just to see if they call to me and inspire me to get serious about this weight stuff.

Ternoway - contrats on the engagement!! You'll do awesome in losing the weight and getting into the perfect dress.

Where's Nicole, Emily, Joni, Tina, Pearl, and everyone else been that's missing? Come back, come back wherever you are!! We miss you.

Katy66
01-29-2008, 02:39 PM
Hey, just got back from lunch. It was yummy and very ON PLAN:) Hope everyone is having a good day.

Katie - Sorry about your window but sound like you guys found a way to stay warm and dry in the interim.

Paula and Angie - my munchie time is in the evening while I'm cooking dinner....I want to snack on everything I'm fixing. I've been trying to have some celery or cucumbers out to munch on so I don't nibble on anything else.

Laurie - give the smaller pants a shot, it worked for me last time.

Amylou - glad the scale was nicer today! They can be so ugly sometimes and for no good reason.

Hi to everyone else I've missed:) Have a great afternoon.

BarbaraB
01-29-2008, 03:07 PM
Hi Everyone, It is quiet here!

It is easy to slack off once everyone compliments you on your weight loss. It is even easier to slack off once you've declared that you are at goal. My DH got into sort of an anti-diet snit there for awhile, but just a few days off plan over the holidays and a few extra pounds on his body that he did not like at all, and he is back with me trying to make the lifestyle change permanent.

I do think we should all reevaluate our goals to make sure they are reasonable and maintainable. I do think you can look great at a much higher weight when you are working out and have a bit more muscle on you. I thought this was only true of men, but I was reading where Kate Bosworth had weighed 17 pounds more when she filmed Blue Crush (where she was a surfer and in swim suits all the time) and she looked great in that movie. So if you are currently closer to the "blue crush" kind of weight, perhaps you should not get all tweaked about it... I do think a lot of men appreciated the buff body more than the starved one.

Repo girl
01-29-2008, 03:26 PM
"Anti-diet snit", that is dang funny.

krjpy
01-29-2008, 05:06 PM
I have to say that I was listening to a Pocast by Jillian and she even said that if you did her BMI, she would be considered overweight ... now would anyone call her fat??? (not more than once as I bet as she would put them down hard;))

Ternoway
01-29-2008, 06:17 PM
Hi everyone,
So far so POP! I am determined to stay on track this week. I didn't realize it Dan but you hit the nail right on the head. I'm at the stage now that people have really started to notice the weight loss and it is kind of demotivating. On one hand I'm glad people think I look good but I have been a lot more lenient on myself and have allowed the little cheats to sneak in and haven't been writing in my food diary. Thanks for the wake up call! I'm telling myself right now that it's time to get back to it.

Repo girl
01-29-2008, 06:22 PM
Good job!!!

dolphn545
01-29-2008, 08:18 PM
Hey Everybody! :wave:

Just wanted to pop in and say hi. I enjoy reading everybody's support to each other.

Since my COD has closed, I decided to take another committment on a different weight loss journey this morning. I have come to the conclusion that I need to pay somebody to weigh me in to help keep me accountable. I am still continuing the K-mart challenge as long as they allow, and will continue to pop in to see how my cyber friends are doing!!

:goodluck: to all and I will see you through the boards!

BarbaraB
01-29-2008, 08:58 PM
Hey Dolphin, What do you plan to do for your "new commitement"? I have found that for myself, I have to keep recommiting myself over and over again... and forgiving myself for being human over and over again...

Ternoway, I too have decided I need to watch my portions more closely, as I find myself just being too lax. For the last 2 weeks I've been much more careful and measured much more than I had been doing, and it really makes a difference.

Katie, I love your positive energy.

Repo girl
01-29-2008, 09:24 PM
Thanks Barbara!

Sherry- Don't you dare go AWOL on us!!!

Nicole- Where you been?

whatazoo
01-29-2008, 10:38 PM
Dan you really hit it right on with me and where I've been thinking about where I should stop with my weightloss. That's exactly where I am right now. I tell people that I would like to lose about 10 more pounds, and the first words out of their mouth - From WHERE? UGh - they don't see me naked and I DO! LOL

It has been really quiet here lately. I'm surprised there isn't an echo!

I've been pretty much POP lately. Trying different recipes for supper, then leftovers for lunch the next day. I'm trying to get my meals done up for the next day the night before, so I just have to grab and go. We'll see tomorrow how it goes at w/i.

Congrats to all the losers out there.

Joni135
01-29-2008, 11:03 PM
Hi all - I'm alive but new job and going into the office take away from my time on this board. The only good I seem to be doing is in the work out department. My home scale is up a lot and I'm just confused about what to do. Obviously what I have been doing isn't working, so I may need to go searching around some other 3FC threads and see what might work for me - hopefully there is a 50 and over thread! I feel like I'm mixing up my food exchanges and keeping my calorie count at a reasonable level, but something's not working. I truly think I need to do an hours worth of cardio every day and some weight training a about 4 days a week to get things moving in the right direction.

Amy - the other Diminishing Divas are doing well. I can't let my team down so I really have to figure this out. I already told our Super Bowl hostess that I'm bringing a veggie tray and another healthy dish to the party.

Gotta go to bed.....4:30 AM comes awfully quick.

hugs to all!

lizababe
01-30-2008, 12:05 AM
I was just about to ask where Joni is... Hi Joni! I know that wake up before the sun routine very well... I hope you're adjusting to the new job! One thing about stalling out and going the wrong way on the scale... might have to do with your hours. Are you doing a mostly sit down job? Since I started wearing a pedometer I've discovered I don't move nearly as much as I thought I did. Are there any stairs at work? I've lost 4lbs since I started counting steps and trying to get at least 500 an hour in somehow. I haven't done any cardio at all in the past week either...

Oh and yes, that is my good news for the day. Down another 2lbs at COD today. Yay!

I know I've said this before, but I really am so grateful for this site. I don't feel like I'm doing this alone anymore and I'm very happy to have made these cyber friends. I can't always read personals but am glad when I get the chance to and know how each and every one of your are doing. It is nice to have a place to share our ups and downs with the weight loss and with our lives. Both are intertwined for us all and sometimes support can be vital. I think a lot of us fear being judged when we have a bad moment and that's when we tend to give up. I like having a place where we can be imperfect and yet motivated to get right back on track again. The encouragement I get on this board is invaluable. Thank you all so much!

Now get up and move around and be POP darnit!

Oh Dan, glad you're feeling better :)

Angie - hope kitty is feeling better! While my kitty still has his appetite, that paw is still pretty nasty. The vet thinks it's a spider bite. He's on antibiotics and she said it could take a couple of weeks to recover. We'll see. I think if it's not better by Friday he may need surgery. I hope they don't have to amputate anything :(

Jillian - thinking of you.

Katie - scary with the daycare window! Hope everyone's nerves have settled!

Hi Barbara!

Hi Nicole!

Hi Amy! Keep thinking positive! You CAN do it!

Ok, my uninterrupted time to write has ended... night night all. Stay POP!

GrandmaCindy
01-30-2008, 12:54 AM
Hope everyone had a good POP day. I identified with comments today on weight loss comments sometimes being an unintentional demotivator. I haven't figured out what causes it, but most days I can stay on plan and feel very satisfied, but every once in a while, I'll eat something (usually a lite) and then I want to eat everything in the house. When I say that to my DH, his response is usually "go ahead, you've lost so much already, you deserve to eat what you want". Not exactly what I need to hear! I think I'll take Katie's idea and write a letter to myself that I can read when I need positive thoughts. I also liked a past comment to "jump on this site" when tempted. Here's to everyone being POP tomorrow. Cindy

Tuesday Cool
01-30-2008, 01:08 AM
Cindy, I have found that some foods act as triggers for my eating overdrive. For me sugary stuff can start the process. Or bread and pasta. If I eat chocolate I eat dark so I am satisfied without starting the whole eating drive. And i just outright avoid eating pasta. I can not eat just 1/2C -ever.

Dan2112
01-30-2008, 01:21 AM
Tues, you are SO right about pasta.. There's just no way I can only eat a little bit. So my solution is to avoid it...

Barbara, I agree with you and Tern... I'm getting lax on my portions.. Sometimes too much, sometimes not enough...

I gotta get out of the mindset that just because I'm not losing anymore, that I can go back to the "big 'ol" steak and such...

I know Liz has been having a hard time getting herself to eat her fruit portions.. We're not sure why this is happening...

Repo girl
01-30-2008, 09:36 AM
Morning everyone! I have a story to tell. My younger sister was diagnosed with lympnodema in her legs. She told the Dr that her sisters legs look just like hers, and he told her that it is hereditary and we probably all have. In a nutshell, your lymph system malfunctions, leading to excessive water, fat, and lymph build up in your legs, making them look swollen, thick, and lumpy. The solution is to wear support hose and do a daily self massage of certain lymph glands. I have been doing the massage for a while now, and yesterday the support hose showed up in the mail. My sisters and I got brave and went into my bedroom to don the socks. It was almost impossible to get them on. Picture putting Barbie's tights on a cabbage patch doll. After at least 15 minutes we had them on. The support actually feels pretty good. We are supposed to wear the hose during the day for a week, then have our measurements redone (my sis measured us last week). I'm not sure if it was the hose or not, but I lost a whole lb over night. I am really excited to see if this will help. I have always had thick legs and swollen looking ankles. When I got down into the 160's and 150's, my top was much smaller than my bottom, and I wondered when my legs were going to drop in size. Anyways, this week will tell the tale. Okay, now I gotta get out the crow bar, vasaline, baby powder, and crisco to go get the hose on.

Angie
01-30-2008, 12:07 PM
Joni – Is your new job going to be ‘on site’ all the time, or is that just a temporary arrangement while you learn the ropes? I always envied your work at home job! I’m doing a mix of LA and calorie counting, with a little GI diet thrown in for good measure. The elements of LA that I’m keeping are portion sizes and making sure I eat 4 veg and 3 fruit per day….for my height/weight I’m eating around 1800 calories per day to lose 2-3 lbs per week, and from the GI thing, I’m just trying to make sure when I eat carbs, I’m eating them with protein. I think its working, but it’s only been a few days…so we’ll see. I really think I needed a bit of a change from the strict LAWL plan, but I might return to that if I stall on this plan. I think you need to also give yourself a bit of a break while you are learning your new job and all…be kind to yourself.

Katie – Hey, maybe you could get the daycare kids to paint a mural on your new “window”! My grandmother has to use those hose too…we have to help her put them on and it’s tough! I hope they work wonders for you.

Liza – Congratulations on losing another 2lbs! I hope the antibiotics work their wonders for your cat…ours seems back to normal yesterday and today, thank god.

Tuesday/Dan – ½ c of pasta is impossible for me as well. I think I might have eaten pasta 2-3 times over the past year, it’s just not a safe place for me.

amylou7777
01-30-2008, 12:38 PM
Morning friends!

Scale is slowly being nicer to me...TOM is officially here, so any loss is greatly appreciated. I made the decision to drop one of my elective courses last night and I feel like a huge weight has been lifted! This one class was occupying so much of my time, it's nice to kiss it goodbye! I'm not good at "quitting" things so I was uneasy about it last night, but definitely realize it was the right decision for sure!

Liza- congratulations!! You are back on track girl. I like your pedometer idea. I have one of those around here somewhere....I should check it out bc I definitely don't get enough normal walking in during my days at school and the office.

Katie- I do hope your efforts work for you! congrats on the loss!

Felicia-any luck with the house? The scale? We miss your school stories!

Nicole-where or where are ya?

Barbara-I read about your upcoming food challenges in the another thread (I think)- good luck with all of it and PLAN PLAN PLAN, even if that plan includes cold stone (I've had it once on plan- nf sweet cream with raspberries-1 starch!)

Katy- yay for POP! Hope you finished the day strong!

ternoway-how are you?

Dionne-back to solid foods?

Joni-I hope you find something that works for you. I read an interesting 3fc "blog" that I stumbled upon. Her user name is "Round" she is an american living in france and has been seeing a nutritionist there who she has named "Dr Hope", I found it extremely interesting....

Hi Paula!

Hi Cindy!

Val! Has the scale been moving for you?

Does anyone remember Carrie??? Where did she run off to?

And EMILY? She just disappeared!

Kimberly-are you still losing girl?

Dan- tell Liz we miss her around here! And get out the food scale for a week- I am doing it this week and I'm always surprised at how off I've been!

Lynn-are you still holding strong at your goal weight!!?? Did you do anything special to celebrate?

Hi Michelle! Make it to work on time?

Angie-your "plan" sounds like a good one that will definitely provide good losses. I hope it keeps working!

Ok- I really don't want to work out but might try to squeeze it in so I can have my 4 days in a row....

It WILL be a POP day for me and I WILL see a loss tomorrow! (Right Katie?)

ferrarimomof2
01-30-2008, 12:52 PM
Amy,

Yes, I am back to solid foods for almost a week now. I am having a hard time sticking to the plan again for some reason. I get up and start off good and then mess up at some point during the day. I am trying my best to get back to the plan. I get to move to the Gold plan when I loose 5 more pounds. Before I started PWL I was having a hard time making it past 183. Now, I have made it past 183 to 180 and I can't seem to stick to the plan. I am beginning to think I have a mental block about loosing weight. I think I am going to do a TO tomorrow and Friday.

Thanks for asking about me. You are so good at doing personals. I do good to get on here at all.

I am sure that you dropping that class is going to be a blessing. It was hard for me to drop classes when I was in school also. It does not make you a quitter. I say that it is smart because you know when enough is enough.

Have a great day.

cecil
01-30-2008, 12:58 PM
Just wanted to say that it is -20 today here in lovely Fargo ND!

BarbaraB
01-30-2008, 01:12 PM
Amy, I decided that I don't need to go to Cold Stone... I had planned it like 6 months ago that on maintenance on my birthday I would, but now that it is here and I'm still just getting back to where I want to be after my holiday indulgences. I just don't think I want to do that to myself. I also reconsidered the whole birthday cake thing. I decided that we would go out to lunch and split one piece of cake. Then I can have a few bites, not feel deprived, since I have been feeling deprived going YEARS with no birthday cake, but I can just a litttle. Any more than 3-4 bites and I will feel sick anyway, so why even go there? I think we'll go to the Portland City Grill, which is high up with a fantastic view of all downtown Portland. They have good seafood, so I can probably find something totally on plan. I also decided to try to be as much on plan at the company party also. I decided to just stick to the club soda and I will likely do fine. The last two company sponsored events I drank too much wine and made less than stellar choices. I just don't need to have all that much alcohol. There are just too many events in the year to indulge at each one. The superbowl, my DH decided to to have a party, so that should be easy. Last year we had a whole houseful of people and cooked up a storm, which was really challenging on plan to be good. Just us at home, well I can totally make Sunday a POP day.

Stephanie, I decided to stop losing when I looked at myself naked and asked the where will it come from question.

Liza, Yeah on the 2 pounds. I've got to get a pedometer. Of course I sit all day. I should probably get up every few hours and walk the stairs. Just to keep the metabolism rolling.

Katie, I was watching a thing on that the other day. Some gal with a leg that was like 42 inches around on the calf. It was amazing what a difference the massage and leg support hose did for her. After about 6 weeks her leg looked much more normal. 1 pound already is very encouraging. They did say on the show that it was hereditary.

BarbaraB
01-30-2008, 01:16 PM
Cecilia, Brrr... and we are whining about 37 here... We are such winter wimps in Portland. There is just a trace of snow.. and I need to get myself to work here soon.

Dionne, Hi! I hope you are feeling better now. Just take it one day and one meal and even one minute at a time. I always had to stop and ask myself if I was OK, was I really hungry. If I was really feeling OK and not hungry, I convinced myself to keep going. Mostly I was fine and not starved, at least if I ate when I was supposed to eat. You can do it, it just takes awhile to get back in focus sometimes.

Jrny2aNewMe
01-30-2008, 01:37 PM
Hi Amy - thanks for asking. Yes, the scale has been moving, but not always in the right direction! It did finally drop 2 lbs for me, but then I switched plans from the colored to the numbered, and now it went back up a pound. I just hope it doesn't stall for the month that some other people have reported, I was stalled for the whole month of January as it was! Sigh.

chiquita623
01-30-2008, 01:40 PM
Barbara - the temperature dropped here from 54 at noon to 4 at 6:00 last night. Talk about cold!! I think we got Katy's wind and cold because it sure was windy too!!! But by next week we're supposed to be back up to the mid 40's. Crazy weather!!!

Jrny2aNewMe
01-30-2008, 01:43 PM
Cecelia & Amy - We warmed up today to a balmy -28 C (-19 F). Monday it was a very "brisk" -38 C (-36 F), and when you factored in the wind chill it was - 46 C (-51 F)! That's why I haven't been posting much lately - fingers are frozen! :)

chiquita623
01-30-2008, 01:45 PM
Make sure you keep your mittens on Val!!!! It's bound to get better eventually!!!

michie
01-30-2008, 01:47 PM
Morning all!

I have been so exhausted and busy with work and school. It is so hard to go from 6am to pretty much 10 pm everyday and not mess up on the plan. I think there was a thread not long ago with brown paper bag suggestions.. may look it up. I was up 2 pounds today, but makes sense considering I haven't exercised since the weekend and I was off plan. Oops! I just need to adjust to my new schedule and I'll be fine!

Barbara- Your birthday is coming up??? Woo Hoo! Parrrrrrrrrrrty!

Cecilia- OMG... try to stay warm!

Amy- I think I'm going to drop a class too. I am working full time and trying to do school full time.. not a good idea. Good luck this semester!!

Hope everyone has a great rest of the day! Be strong ladies and gents! We can do this!

michie
01-30-2008, 01:50 PM
uhhhhh... it's 50 degrees here in San Diego and I am beside myself I'm so cold. I am very sorry Val and Laurie. Very very sorry indeed!

chiquita623
01-30-2008, 01:58 PM
Michie you smart aleck!!!:dizzy::D:p

MomOfThreeTeens
01-30-2008, 02:13 PM
My darling 18 year old daughter went out with some friends the other day and came home with a tattoo. She beat me, I dont even have one yet! LOL I put a picture of it in my profile. A friend of hers took the picture, its pretty cool if I do say so myself!

Repo girl
01-30-2008, 02:19 PM
All right Michelle, that's it, I am going to show up on your door step, fly you back home with me, and make you see real cold! LOL I hope that your schedule slow down soon, sounds crazy!

To all of you who are actually freezing: A mug of SF cider with a shot of cinnamin schnapps will warm you up!

chiquita623
01-30-2008, 02:23 PM
Ohhhhhhhhh Katy sounds decadent!! I think I may just have to indulge later.

Repo girl
01-30-2008, 02:47 PM
I am thinking the same thing. If I had a taco salad for lunch, I could save a starch for the shot. Hmmmm, yep, guess I better. You know, because it is so cold and all.

chiquita623
01-30-2008, 03:40 PM
Katie - I've been misspelling your name. So Sorry - I'll pay closer attention.

Jrny2aNewMe
01-30-2008, 03:47 PM
Ooh Katie, that sounds nummy. I may just have to have some, with this new plan I do have a couple of starches left, LOL

Repo girl
01-30-2008, 04:04 PM
Laurie- No worries!

Val- I just had my taco salad so that I can hang onto that starch!

pjbeau
01-30-2008, 04:56 PM
Good Afternoon!!

I have been hanging in there this week...though not making any progress.

Dolphin - Good luck on your new plan. I often think my slow progress can partly be attributed to not having a COD. The KMart Challenge is helping, but I need more help holding myself accountable.

Stephanie - I find myself using the grab-n-go method of lunch planning almost every day. I need to start working on that the night before for sure.

Joni - You are my exercise idol! I wish I could keep myself as committed as you are to my exercising.

Katie - Hope you get good results with your hose.

Kim - I like that tatoo. My DD got hers at 18 too. I want one, but I'm too much of a weenie to go get it.

For everyone who is cold...I'm sorry too. I'm with Michelle, as I have been whining about it being 50 here too...I'll stop...well maybe...

Hey and hugs to everyone else...Amy, Laurie, Katy, Barbara, Kelly, Ternoway, Liza, Cindy, Tuesday, Angie, Dionne, Val, Cecelia, and Michelle.

Repo girl
01-30-2008, 05:18 PM
Kim- Love the tattoo. I have 2, and love them. One is a dragonfly, one is a peace sign.

Paula- It really doesn't hurt that much. I will come and hold your hand, okay? LOL.

Katy66
01-30-2008, 06:00 PM
Hey everyone! Boy what a day.... I've been running around like crazy! Managing to stay on plan though which is good.

Kim - I like the tattoo. I have two myself and got them when I was much younger. If I had it to do over I would still get them, just probably something different and have a better artist do them.

Paula - Keep hanging in there, that is how we finally do see progress. I'm one of those habitual scale people, on it every morning. Well you don't see much progress from one day to the next so I've got to STOP! They've done no scale challenges around here and it just about drove me crazy:)

Katie - your warm up drink sounds yummy, and I'll stop complaining about the weather here. It has been really cold but it doesn't last more than a day at a time, one of the good things about being in the south I guess.

Hey Val, Amy, Dan, Laurie, Lori, Michie and anyone I'm missing. Have a great evening:)

chiquita623
01-30-2008, 06:03 PM
Everyone have a good night. It's almost time for me to hit the road and I cannot wait!!!!!! I'll be back in the morning.

dolphn545
01-30-2008, 06:42 PM
I have rejoined weight watchers yesterday a.m. I am still incorporating many of the concepts I learned with LAWL, still conscious of my starches, sweets, etc.

And Katie - I will not be going AWOL. I enjoy reading and chatting with everybody on here!

Today in the mail I received a flyer from Jenny Craig inviting me to join them, they woudl honor my weeks, etc. Well, at my WW meeting yesterday, I was talking to another girl who was on that program, and their food is loaded with sodium. I know that I don't want to pay for anybody elses meals, and that I will have to continue with the self-control to retrain my mind to eat properly.

Ternoway
01-30-2008, 06:47 PM
Hi Everyone,
Man it's been a very long day! I teach a contained class for students with autism and both my teaching assistants were off today and we couldn't get supply coverage so I definately had my work cut out for me. I am so glad I survived the day and all of my kids made it home alive and well! I've managed to stay POP (probably because there wasn't much time for food!) but would love to make myself feel better with a chocolate bar (no worries, there's none in the house).

Amy- Aside from a very crazy day, I'm good. Thanks for asking!

Katie- I can't get the image of putting Barbie's tights on a Cabbage patch out of my head! TOO funny!!! Thanks, I needed a laugh! :)

Dan2112
01-30-2008, 07:02 PM
OMG.. I am having a stress filled day... This 20th reunion is driving me buggy.. Well, in reality, it's one person on the reunion committee who keeps trying to gum up the works with his big ideas... Sigh...

This is where emotional eating kicks in... All the stress I'm dealing with this afternoon and the FIRST thing that pops into my head is "Screw this.. I'm going to go get a bag of chips from the machine... Followed by "What I'd really like for dinner is a big sloppy plate of Lasagna".... GRRRRRRR!!! Why when we're emotional do we turn to food? Why is it perceived as such stress reliever??? It can't be just a learned behavior.. It's like some chemical fires off in the brain and says "A double freakin' cheeseburger would cure all your ills..."

Can someone just kick me, please?

zambejaly5
01-30-2008, 07:54 PM
yikes it is wednesday and this is the first time I have gotten to get on here! we are "watching" a freind or my daughters while her mom is on a business trip for a week. So for the week I have an extra 15 y/o. She is a great girl but I have been more busy somehow.

otherwise...... eating too much. exercising not enough. water....... what's that? grrr. I better get back to the kitchen and do dishes, and finish supper. I think I will go to bed early tonight. it is the only night all week I don't have to go anywhere. We are hoping for a snow day tomorrow.

later,

bayoubelle68
01-30-2008, 10:53 PM
Hey, guys. I've been lurking, but very sick and not feeling like posting. I came home Friday feeling lousy and it just got worse. I ran a low-grade fever all day Saturday and Sunday and my nasal passages were just completely swollen shut. I went on to school Monday morning, thinking that I might get worse and would rather save my day for then. By noon, I felt like pooh on a stick up a dog's butt. My second grade co-workers were sweet enough to each take 6 of my 24 kids so I could leave. I went straight to the doctor and he said that my nasal passages were swollen shut due to allergies and a bacterial infection had resulted in my sinuses. He gave me Clarinex for the allergies and an antibiotic for the infection. He told me to take a Clarinex as soon as I left his office, but after that, to only take them in the morning or I would never sleep. Boy, was he right! I don't take medicine much and they affected me strongly. I only slept for 2 hours Monday night and was wide awake the rest of the time! Yesterday I was miserable at school - sick and sleepy - I really should have stayed at home. I felt better today, but this evening, I'm running a 100 degree temp again! So as soon as the kids go to bed, I'm heading that way, too.

The good news is that we received an offer on our house today - and it's for our asking price! There are a few kinks to be worked out concerning, closing costs, appraisals, warranties, etc., but hopefully in a couple of weeks, we will sell this house!! Funny thing is, two days ago, I started praying very specifically: Let us get an offer that matches our asking price and let it be by the end of the week. I don't know why I'm always so surprised when God does what I ask Him to do. He says He wants us to pray in specifics and yet when He comes through, I'm always shocked. Now I'm praying that everything goes smoothly and quickly! I know that not every prayer I pray will be answered the way I want it to be, but my favorite verse is James 4:2: You don't have what you want because you don't ask God for it! I need to remember that more often!

And BONUS!! I went to WI this morning and was down 3.4!! I thought I would be up considering I've been eating homemade chicken noodle soup and homemade chicken pot pie (Sorry, but I eat comfort foods when I'm sick. They were much healthier versions than usual.) but apparently chest-heaving, lung-rattling coughing is a very effective aerobic activity!

Okay, I'm off to bed!

BarbaraB
01-30-2008, 11:11 PM
Dan, You'll only feel worse if you eat it! You are not used to the junk anymore, it won't soothe you, it will make you feel horrible, poisoned and sick. To say nothing of guilty afterwards.

I think stress must be in the air. The last week has been grueling and the work load suddenly massive and crushing for me. Katy, I hope it slows down to manageable for both of us.

Ternoway, I don't know how you manage with a room full of autistic kids. I have enough problems with project managers who are in another state driving me crazy.

Michie, It sounds like you are overloaded. Maybe it is better to drop one class than to risk doing poorly in them all.

Amy, I'm glad to hear that you were able to drop the elective. I know you have said you have the tendency to take on too much, so I know it was hard for you to say, no I won't do it. You are going to need time to sleep and exercise if you are to stick on plan. I think getting enough sleep helps you to lose weight also.

Sherrie, I think WW is an excellent choice if you feel you need more support. I only went with LAWL over WW because I had known more people who had had long term success with LAWL. Hopefully you can take the parts of LAWL that were working for you and apply them, and the parts that might not have worked for you there, perhaps WW will help you over the challenges. I know both plans have people who have had long term success. I heard a term the other day when I was watching a show.. long term weight controller. I'm not really a dieter, I'm a long term weight controller.

Kim, that is a sweet tatoo. I'm not a big fan of tatoos, but I can see where that one could be extremely meaningful for her for all her life. It is good to hear from you, how've you been?

BarbaraB
01-30-2008, 11:14 PM
Felicia, I was typing while you posted! Feel better soon! Congrats on the house, I know how big of a burden two houses was becoming! Ask and ye shall receive!

Dan2112
01-30-2008, 11:36 PM
Congrats Felicia!!! Both on the WI and the house, but mostly on the house... That's awesome news!

So I'm still stressing, but I was good and had a grilled chicken salad for dinner.

Barbara, you are so right about how crappy, physically I would have felt after eating by emotion rather than brain... How is it we sacrifice feeling like dirt for a few blissful moments on the lips...

Nothing sits in your stomach, brick-like, like a greasy burger or a bag of chips.. We have to think about the long range repercussions beyond any anciliary weight we may gain from our daliances...

Please forgive any spelling eroers that I may have just commuted! :lol:
I'm a gradual of the "Jackie Johanssen Vocabulary Builder-upper"... "Bob and Tom" fans know what I'm talking about...

GrandmaCindy
01-31-2008, 08:31 AM
Good morning everyone! Here's to another day for everyone to be on plan and feel good about themselves ... and feel better for all that feel yucko and are under more stress than usual. Even though I am feeling much healthier since I've been on LAWL, I had an acid reflux type problem a week or so ago out of the blue. Thought I was having a heart attack for a few minutes and that one day was the only time I had trouble. Was a little shocked to hear I had a problem that would require meds for a year. I tried to tell my boss I was filing for disability accomodations and all stress had to be removed from my job but the response I received was a hearty laugh!! Everyone have a good day. Cindy

Mama Nicole
01-31-2008, 10:56 AM
Hello Friends :)
Just wanted to check in and let you all know that I am still alive. I had my mom and sister here from Friday until yesterday.......but now things are slowly returning to normal :) I will check back and try to catch up on posts later on today. I hope all is well with everyone :)
XOXO

Repo girl
01-31-2008, 11:13 AM
Morning everyone!

Cindy- Sorry to hear about the reflux.

Dan- Good job with the salad. I hope that everything with the reunion resolves itself soon!

Barb- Long term weight controller, huh. I like that, it has a more positive vibe than dieter does. The vocabulary of weight loss has me conflicted. Sometimes if someone loses a lot of weight it is a bad thing, like if they are sick. However in other cases, like mine, if someone loses a lot of weight, it is a good thing. In general though, if you "lose" something, that is bad, like money or your wallet. The word "diet" to me has a feeling deprivation, "I am going on a diet, I am putting that dog on a diet, We are putting our budget on a diet". I wish that we had some solid, positive phrasing for weight loss that sounded better, more positive. Maybe "achieving perfect weight", or something. Thoughts, anyone?

Felicia- That is wonderful news about the house. It will all work out just fine! Sorry that you have been so sick.

Lettie- Sorry, but we need you more than some 15 year old girl does. You are gonna have to kick her out, LOL. Good to see you check in!

Nicole- Where the heck are you?

Cecilia- Are you frozen solid or what?

Ternoway- When I wrestled into the pantyhose of doom this morning I was thinking about the Barbie reference. Yep, it is still the case. My sister said that her husband laughed himself silly yesterday watching her put them on. And yet, I believe that they are helping. For one thing, I can wear smaller pants when I have them on. Also, my legs looked smalled to me last night after I took them off to go to bed. Especially around the ankle. It looks like it is going to be worth it.

Sherry- Good luck with WW. You can do it!

I am just waiting around for my daycare kids to show up. I had a great day yesterday, and today will be the same.

Repo girl
01-31-2008, 11:14 AM
Well well well, look who posted while I was! Good to see you girl! I hope that you had fun with your mom and sis!

zambejaly5
01-31-2008, 11:47 AM
......The good news is that we received an offer on our house today - and it's for our asking price! There are a few kinks to be worked out concerning, closing costs, appraisals, warranties, etc., but hopefully in a couple of weeks, we will sell this house!! Funny thing is, two days ago, I started praying very specifically: Let us get an offer that matches our asking price and let it be by the end of the week. I don't know why I'm always so surprised when God does what I ask Him to do. He says He wants us to pray in specifics and yet when He comes through, I'm always shocked. Now I'm praying that everything goes smoothly and quickly! I know that not every prayer I pray will be answered the way I want it to be, but my favorite verse is James 4:2: You don't have what you want because you don't ask God for it! I need to remember that more often!.......

Thanks for that. It is always good to hear answer to prayer. I don't know why, just like the Israelites, we so quickly forget how our Heavenly Father, truely wants good for us.

zambejaly5
01-31-2008, 11:53 AM
HaHa Thanks Katie!

Good to see you Nicole!

YAY!!! SNOW DAY!!!! everything is soooo white outside. and I don't have to go anywhere today. well except a piano lesson at 5 but we will see. My Pugs needed a snow day. I am sitting on the couch surrounded by pugs and they are all snoring. They are so happy.

I will check in later. but right now I need to get dressed and finally put away my christmas decorations!!!!

Repo girl
01-31-2008, 12:08 PM
Yahooo Lettie! Have a great stay at home day.

JLem311
01-31-2008, 01:22 PM
hey everyone. just thought i'd check in. hope everyone is having a great week. i have a long weekend ahead of me, so i'm happy about that.
and i'm down another pound today. and that means i'm almost at my 50lb mark..and also my 1yr LAWL anniversary is coming up next week too. i'm sure i'll lose that last pound by then, that would be so great. except that my original goal was to be at 50lbs lost by july 2007. oh well. better late than never, right? :)
so, yeah. that's about it for me. nothing much new. haven't gotten a call from DH in almost 2wks. i've been praying that he will call soon, so hopefully God is listening to me like he did with Felicia and her house.

ok, be back later.

Repo girl
01-31-2008, 01:29 PM
Wow Jillian that is great!!!!

lizababe
01-31-2008, 02:00 PM
Jillian - congrats on the 50 lb mark! I'll be sending out prayers for that phone call from your DH.

Felicia - congrats to you too on the weight loss and the house loss! Meaning, getting rid of it...

Nicole - hope you had a fab time with the girls!

Hi Katy, Katie, Joni, Dan, Liz, Alannah, Deb(s) Angie, Amy, Pearl (where art thou?) Cindy, Lynn, Lauri, Tuesday, Paula, Cecilia, Barbara, Kimberly, Dionne, Ternoway, Kelly, Stephanie, and Val!

Kim - dig that tattoo! Great spot for it too.. won't be affected by life's stretching, sagging and bagging!

Michie - I'm going to be doing a meet and greet for the "Open House" at the Mission Valley Center next Friday from Noon-2PM. Grab some friends and join us for the party! I look forward to meeting you!

I'm still mostly POP. Haven't had any cheats but still having trouble getting all of the food in during my very busy days. I'm not doing so great with reaching my goals with the pedometer but still better than I was. The home sclae continues to be kind and I have another WI tomorrow.

I really know now why I never pursued a career as a Veterinarian. I have a pretty high tolerance and strong stomach but cleaning kitty's paw last night nearly made me lose it. This coming from someone who stitched up her own foot after stepping on a broken bottle in the river on a camping trip. I'm afraid he may end up having part of his foot amputated. Tomorrow is another check up with the vet. This has to be a spider bite because I just can't think of anything else that would cause this much deterioration of flesh. I can't even tell where his toes are now. Sorry if that is TMI. Aside from really hating me now and not coming out from behind the tv willingly, he seems healthy other than that paw. Still has his appetite, purrs when he eats, no fever, eyes look good, fur is still soft and shiny.

I'm getting queasy now just typing about it.. Anyway, if you have any extra prayers left please send them Oliver's way.

That's it for now... TTFN and POP thoughts to all of you!

JLem311
01-31-2008, 02:06 PM
aww, sorry to hear about your kitty's paw, liza. i'll be sure to send a prayer your kitty's way. thanks for sending one mine too. :)

aguerin
01-31-2008, 03:44 PM
Hello All. I've become a lurker and I don't have much input to add that is beneficial at this point.

Liza - Sorry about your kitty. Hope he dosen't lose anything.

Felicia - Congrats on the house.

I am going to have to start praying those positive prayers so that I can get my construction underway. Just have had a lot of setbacks and we haven't even really gotten started. I am still changing the floor plan.

Congrats on all the losses. At this point I am just going to try to keep from gaining any more during this winter season. I just cannot focus on staying on plan with this cold weather. Maybe by spring time, I can spring back into action. :)

bradleys mom
01-31-2008, 05:37 PM
HI gals!

Lettie I am sooo jealous! I want some snow sooo bad! We got about 4 inches 2 weeks ago but it was near gone the next day.

Hi Nicole! Hi Liza! Hi Amy and Amylou and Jersey Amy! Hi Felicia and Dan, Jillian, Kim, Katie, Cindy, Michelle (I havent heard any cheers lately!) and everyone else! I am terrible at hi's and personals, uck!

I have a test tonight in Anatomy I have studied so hard! I havent been to class in over a week from being sick! I'll have to stay away from the vending machines tonight, unless of course I get some coffee.

Smile everyone! Tomorrow is FRIDAY! TGIF!

I hope everyone is having an awesome POP week! I have done well (except for a bite of my moms birthday cake earlier!) I tried to count for it... Drinking lots of water to make up for it!

Dan2112
01-31-2008, 05:52 PM
Hey gang..

The reunion drama continued today and my stomach immediately tied up in knots, so I definetely now know what was making me sick.. I've pretty much decided to let cry-baby take over the committee and I'll take a back seat.. I'm not getting any real work done because of this and I can't afford to let that continue...

Today's drama also affected my day's activities which were supposed to be fun.. I was judging a science fair for 5-8th graders.. So because I was so distracted, I feel I didn't give the kids my best effort..

The one downside to the science fair was lunch.. We had some kind of roastbeef sandwich.. I had saved my starches so I could deal with whatever we were given at the school.. These were SO bad, but I had eaten very little for breakfast so I held my nose and ate it... At least the bread was whole grain..

GrandmaCindy
01-31-2008, 06:11 PM
Dan: It's really the pits when you go off plan and don't even like what it was that made you go off plan! Hope you felt good about helping the kids to make up for it! I bet they didn't even know you felt you were distracted! Cindy

Ternoway
01-31-2008, 06:40 PM
Hi Everyone,

I had such good intentions today but we had a staff luncheon and I think I went over on the starches. Oh well, I'll be sure to drink lots of hot lemon water and stay POP tomorrow.

My teaching assistants were both back today so it was a better day but one's off again tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to going in. At least it's Friday so no matter how crazy the kids are I know I've got 2 glorious days to recuperate! Hope everyone had a good day!

almsthere
01-31-2008, 09:05 PM
Well, hello, everyone. Speaking of being off plan, all it takes is a little stomach bug to keep me POP! Sigh. I am doing better today but still a little weak. Nothing tastes good, I've basically been doing toast and decaf tea for yesterday and Tuesday. Today, I ventured out with some eggs, then turkey and soup/grilled cheese for dinner. At least my toast was whole wheat!

And lots of naps. I missed work this week...(I only work part time and don't get sick days) so hopefully next pay period won't be too tight! Oh, well! Hopefully tomorrows a new day right..and I still have the weekend!

zambejaly5
01-31-2008, 10:21 PM
I Just Made Chocolate Chip Cookies......... And I Am Going To Eat Them SO THERE:devil:

bradleys mom
01-31-2008, 10:22 PM
Lettie you are bad... SO bad....

Can I have one??

Joni135
02-01-2008, 12:07 AM
Jillian - sure hope you hear from DH soon!
Liza - I'm way behind. What happened to Oliver? Spider bites can be awful; hope the vet has an answer for you.
Kim - I love the photo showing DD's tatoo. I'm like Paula - a big baby when it comes to actually getting one of my own.
Katie - okay - you're on here a lot now (yipee!!), but you are not changing your ticker???
Amy - did you "ace" your anatomy test?
Dan - I hope the "cry baby" doesn't ruin the joy of your 20th reunion. Sometimes it's just not worth bickering over and I retreat from helping out too. In the end, I actually have more fun and enjoy myself more when I know I'm not responsible for running the event.
Lettie - that cookie post was just plain cruel! Can I split one with Kimberly. I've had a sweet tooth all day.
Felicia - good news on the pending house sale.
It's cold and rainy and I had a 14 hour work day. The honeymoon is over for the new job. My scale is just not moving and I'm going to have to do something soon or I'll go crazy. Sherry, I've pondered going back to WW myself. What do you think of their latest/greatest program?

Repo girl
02-01-2008, 12:18 AM
Dan- Ewww, nasty pressed roast beef look a like stuff? Yeah, I have been there. Yuck!

Ternoway- Good luck tomorrow with only one assistant. May most of your kids be out sick!

Kimberly- You want some of our snow? I will try to send you some. We are supposed to get 4-9 inches tonight. We have not had a winter this hard in years. I think that the farmers must have perfected the "Snow dance" or something. This should really help pull us out of our drought.

Terri- I hope that you get feeling better soon!

Amy- There are a lot of great soup recipes in the threads. Maybe you can find some stuff to help keep you warm!

Oh Lettie, naughty, naughty! (Make the coffee and I will be right over!)

We are having a big blizzard. All of the schools have already shut down for tomorrow. Jerks. That means tons of daycare kids for me. The kids and I went to Applebees with my parents for dinner, and I stayed OP. I was so proud of myself. I had the steak portabella off of the WW menu. It was fantastic. My dad and the kids shared some really naughty dessert, and I did not even consider a bite. No way, no how. I am almost to 14 days POP. No way am I screwing that up.

Have a great night everyone!

Repo girl
02-01-2008, 12:21 AM
Joni- I really need to get up the stones to change my ticker. I am losing, but I am still above the ticker weight. I am getting close though. I really want to leave it where it is and start changing it when I get below. Wow. Being dishonest with myself. Old habits die hard, huh?

14 hour day? What, did you take over my old job?

lizababe
02-01-2008, 01:25 AM
Hi Everyone!

Dan - I'm sorry the OP food was bad. At least it kept you from over eating right? Hope the stress and drama calm down for you soon!

Katie - A blizzard! I kinda miss those snow days at home with kids, hot chocolate and fun indoor things to do. I've actually considered relocating to Colorado because I love sun and snow but not so crazy about the inbetween (rain) Have fun tomorrow planning for the big indoor day!

Joni - I'm sorry to hear about the long days. I know how rough that is on your diet. I've gained 40 lbs since I started this job 4 years ago. I'm still trying to perfect the diet and exercise thing with it. On Oliver, his paw started as two swollen bumps that soon turned to a giant abscess that covered the entire end of his paw. I never even thought of a spider bite until someone else suggested it because he's an indoor cat. I finally concluded that must be it because nothing else matches up. Then tonight a friend of mine told suggested how the spider could've gotten in here and it makes sense. My storage shed got emptied out and all of the boxes were brought in. I first noticed his paw just a few days after that so maybe an evil one hopped a ride in a box and since Oliver is the hunter, he would be the one to find it.

Jillian - I've been thinking of you all day. I sent my good thoughts your way and I hope your phone rings very soon.

Not much else to report today. Though I did do a good karma thing (I think) This morning I stopped at a gas station and the guys in there are always very friendly. I don't know their exact ethnic origin but they are Middle Eastern. Anyway, they had a sign up written with a sharpie marker trying to drum up business for their detailing service. It said "Super Bull spechul cee the spetial prices for detailing!" At first I thought it was a joke and then realized it wasn't. So I told them nicely that there were some mistakes on their sign and I'd be happy to help them. I got another sign board and a marker and wrote it out for them. I didn't want some mean person to come in and give them a hard time over it. Anyway, I hope their Super Bowl Special brings them some good business :)

Have a great night everyone. I need to spend a little quality time with the dog before I go to bed since he's been put aside while I take care of kitty.

Ternoway
02-01-2008, 08:32 AM
Good morning! I am able to post early today because I just got the call that our schools are closed due to the winter storm we're getting hit with. OH HAPPY HAPPY DAY!!!! I was gearing up for a long day with the kids and now I get a long weekend instead. WOO HOO! Have a great day everyone!

chiquita623
02-01-2008, 09:19 AM
Happy Friday Everyone!!!! We woke up to 7+ inches of snow. Work got called off so I have a long weekend!!! Granted I can't leave the house or drive anywhere but I am so excited to not have to go to work today!!! I'm going back to bed but will check in later. Have a good day everyone!!!

bradleys mom
02-01-2008, 09:37 AM
Wahhhh! I want some snow!

On the other hand, I am extremely happy, as I get to work expecting a 10 hour day.... And I get to leave at 1pm instead! YAYY!!

chiquita623
02-01-2008, 09:58 AM
OK so much for going back to bed. My phone has done nothing but ring since I got up. Maybe I'll try for a nap later.

Lettie - the heck with sharing a cookie with Kimberly and Joni. If I'm going to have one I want them all!!! I did make some sf chocolate chip cookies for DBF, who is diabetic, and did not eat even one. He, on the other hand, ate every darn one of them!! Guess they must have been good.

Liza - hope Oliver's paw is better soon. When we were kids we had 2 black cats that were insane. Kept running and bouncing off the walls, jumping out from behind the couch, stuff like that. My mother named one of them Crazy and the other Stupid. She had a weird sense of humor. She also had a huge yellow cat that she named Clarence after the cross-eyed lion (I know, I'm really dating myself on that one).

Dan - I'm with Joni in that sometimes it's a lot more fun and relaxing at the reunion to just let someone else take over for once.

Jillian - sending good thoughts your way that your phone will ring soon and it will be DH.

Felicia - keeping my fingers crossed that everything will go smoothly on the house.

To all those I missed, I'm sorry. I'll try to catch up with everyone else later. Have a good Friday. Stay POP!!!!!!!!!!!

Repo girl
02-01-2008, 10:20 AM
Wow Laurie and Ternoway (what is your name, anyway?) great news, huh? Every school around here is closed, and quite a few roads, too. Makes me think maybe some of my daycare kids will not be here due to weather. Have a fun day relaxing!

Liza- What a cute story, how nice of you to help them with their sign.

Well, I guess that I better take a shower and get ready for the day. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Dan2112
02-01-2008, 11:34 AM
Morning gang..

Well, the outlook got a bit brighter yesterday after my last post.. One of our committee members, who has been mostly silent until now, emerged as the voice of reason and I think we've settled on some comprimises we can all live with.. I think maybe part of it was that my personality and the personality of the cry baby just don't jibe, so I took his forceful pushing of his agenda a bit too personally.. I don't know.. Either way, it looks to be resolved...

thanks for the support!!

zambejaly5
02-01-2008, 11:39 AM
ok. I had 4 last night and 2 this morning. they were really yummy last night, but I felt really sick afterward. and this morning they weren't nearly as good. but I still managed to choke down 2.

Laurie--WOW!!! 7+ inches! I am so jealous. sometimes I just really miss Chicago. We did get about 4 or 5. which is pretty good for us. it is soooo pretty out. I will try to get a pic on later. no school yesterday or today.

bradleys mom
02-01-2008, 11:56 AM
YAY Dan! One of my work issues was also resolved today! We are finally getting an extra person hired on the 9th!

Katy66
02-01-2008, 12:21 PM
Good morning everyone! I'm jealous of your snow!!!! We only got an ice and rain mix last night and this morning but it has stopped now and I've seen some hints of sun:)

Scale wasn't good to me this morning but it was my own fault. Ate out twice yesterday so I had way too much sodium and then two glasses of liquid fruit but boy did I need that. I'm doing all the appropriate counter measures today!

Felicia - I'll keep my fingers crossed about your house. Positive thoughts coming your way!

Dan - glad things are looking up for the reunion. It is so hard to work on that type of project when you think the decisions being made are not going to work....

Lettie - the cookies sound WONDERFUL!

Well I've decided I'm doing my traditional chili for the superbowl only I'm using a combo of turkey and very lean ground beef + low sodium tomato sauce. I usually make a huge pot and then freeze what isn't eaten for quick meals through the rest of cold weather.

Congrats to all you losers out there! Hi Kimberly, Liza, Amylou, and everyone else out there. Better run and get back to work.

bayoubelle68
02-01-2008, 02:13 PM
Drumroll, please...

They accepted our counter offer!!!

Now we just have to get through the 10-day inspection stuff and we'll be signing papers in no time!!

Thanks for your sweet thoughts and prayers, guys!

Katy66
02-01-2008, 02:38 PM
That is great news Felicia! I'm sure the inspection period will be FINE!

chiquita623
02-01-2008, 02:49 PM
Felicia that's great news!!!

I just got done shovelling the driveway and stoop. Took me an hour!! I think I've burned a few calories doing that. Now I need to get something to eat. I'm feeling kind of shaky. I'll be back later.

Dan2112
02-01-2008, 02:54 PM
Shovelling snow is fantastic exercise, but it can wear you out quick if you're not used to it... Definetely get some lean protein and fruit into your system Laurie.. I hope you feel better!

Repo girl
02-01-2008, 03:15 PM
Yahoo Felicia!!!!

BarbaraB
02-01-2008, 03:35 PM
Felicia, Hooray for selling the old house. It will make you enjoy the new house all that much more for not having to worry about two payments.

Katy, Restaurants tend to load things with sodium. It is hard to believe how much sodium I used to eat. Now I really taste it.

Liza, I hope Oscar foot can be saved. That sounds awful. My office is just a fattening place. Team lunches and parties and pizza and muffins and always something to avoid. I generally have an iron will around it, but every once in awhile there will be something too tempting.

Laurie, shoveling is hard work, plus you burn more calories just from being out in the cold.

I spent an hour on the elliptical and really pushed myself and burned a record 950 calories... and then did some extra toning exercises besides and now I'm trying to save exchanges for tonights company winter party. I just couldn't manage to save the fruit, as I was just too hungry this morning, so no liquid fruits for me tonight... Now I just have to try to avoid eating the afternoon snacks until late so I don't show up to the party starved. I can do this... I can stay on plan. I'm finally feeling kind of slinky again.. and I like slinky.

Katy66
02-01-2008, 04:26 PM
Barbara - Hope you have a great time at the party tonight, sounds like you've really earned it! You've done a great job of getting the exercise in!

Laurie - Wow that is a lot of snow to shovel! Hope you had a good lunch and got some rest:)

I'm absolutely bored stiff with work today. I think the problem is that I have so much to do I don't know where to start....oh well, guess I better figure that out and get to it!!

JLem311
02-01-2008, 04:28 PM
so i went to COD today and i'm down to 197.8 wow. i can hardly believe it. very surprised. so i'm .8 away from my 50lbs. :)
just thought i'd report my progress. my dd (Julia) is over here now and we're going to do our usual mommy-daughter baking together.

enjoy the weekend.

Katy66
02-01-2008, 04:33 PM
Hi Jillian - great job on the loss! Enjoy your DD this afternoon....sounds like fun:)

BarbaraB
02-01-2008, 05:10 PM
Jillian, 50 pounds is really huge! You've come so far. I love the name Julia by the way. I don't know why, but it sounds sweet, yet strong to me. I hope your afternoon is full of the good times that build wonderful memories.

Katy, I do plan on having a nice night. We always dress fancy for the parties, and I bought a dress at the black and white store (one I would not even have felt comfortable going into when I was fat). I tried it on last night, and I even was OK with the way my arms looked with the spaghetti staps. Just a little weight training can make a big difference on the old arm wings... Although I'll still likely put on a sweater and not take it off... Anyway, I bought the dress in September and have not worn it yet, so I'm so excited... and I won't look like the mother of the bride, as I have in years past. Nothing like dressing up in the fanciest dress you can find in your size that you are comfortable wearing and still feel rather frumpy. I too should be working, but just finished some huge chunks of work and am having a hard time diving into something big new on a Friday afternoon.

Repo girl
02-01-2008, 06:21 PM
Oh Barbara, I hope that you post a picture of you in your dress! Have a wonderful time!

Jillian- You rock!

ferrarimomof2
02-01-2008, 06:33 PM
Just a quick check in today. I have been running errands all day. I went to WI today and I was down almost 2 lbs. I am at 179.2. I broke the 180 mark. I have not been this size since sometime early in my pregnancy with my DD in 2005. I was also measured today and I lost 5 inches last month for a total of 11 3/4 inches in 8 weeks. I am excited and my motivation is definitely back. Well, I better go clean the house up before DH gets home. Have a great night.

Repo girl
02-01-2008, 07:01 PM
Great job Dionne!

Ternoway
02-01-2008, 07:58 PM
Katie, my name's Tina. Funny how I never clued in that it wasn't posted under my profile info. Thanks for asking!

BarbaraB
02-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Hi Tina... I never knew your name either.

Dionne, great to see the scale finally move for you. It is great how the scale gods are good one week to us, and totally stingy the next, but that is how it goes. I always like to visual my weight loss in terms of cubes of butter, as that makes it more real for me... So 2 pounds is like 8 sticks! If I think of it that way, I am surprised that our bodies can do that in one week ever. And if you look at how much all the weight you've lost is in butter, you'll see how far you've really come.

I better go and attempt beauty... at least that is what I call getting ready for the party..

Repo girl
02-01-2008, 08:36 PM
Hi-ya Tina!

MomOfThreeTeens
02-01-2008, 09:37 PM
Why cant we all just hibernate until spring like bears do and use up all our fat stores? Sheesh! LOL
Oh and hi everybody! Hope you have an amazing weekend!
Congrats to all the losers! Felicia, congrats on the house, I cant imagine having to pay two house payments, ack!
AND all of you that have snow....pleaseeeeeee send some our way! I'd just like one good snow to go out and play in!

equinetcan
02-02-2008, 11:07 AM
Guess I'll be the first poster for saturday!! The storm Ontario got we got last night and today. Tons of ice pellets and snow and freezing rain. I just came in from trying to chip away at the ice on the car and clean the steps off. No point in doing any more until it stops and the plow does its thing so I can see how much I have to try and shovel. It'll be heavy too where it is the ice pellets. What a mess!! But on the bright side I get a nice quiet day at home with the pooch. Get some housework done and finally start my cross-stitches I have to do for my MIL that I have been putting off for awhile now.

I am going to join Curves on Monday. I am looking forward to it and we get such a good sign up deal that I can't pass it up with the corporate deal through work.

I am in the market for a MP3 or Ipod though. I know nothing about them but I have to get one for work. I am surrounded by people on the phone all day (it is a call center after all) but I am not on the phone and it is very hard to concentrate on my work, which can be tedious, all day long. I have had a headache all week from it because its very distracting. I figured out why all the rest of the people in this department with me have them. So I get to shop around and try and figure out what to buy, and then how to load the darn thing. Don't know anything like I said. Should be interesting. I don't need anything stupendous. Prob just a 2Gb I think will do me from what I have seen on the internet. I went to the Futureshop website just to check a few out. Any suggestions would be appreciated as I want to make sure I get something I can use for awhile. I want to use it for walking in the spring too once the snow and ice melt.

Well, I must go and put my roast beef in the slow cooker for the day. That's nice and easy and tastes good on top!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!;)

Tuesday Cool
02-02-2008, 11:47 AM
Alannah, re the mp3 player get someones teenager to help you! They love to show their technical superiority! My DD sits so patiently showing me how to make song lists, just like I used to do when teaching her to tie her shoes. I love the switch up.

JLem311
02-02-2008, 12:30 PM
Guess I'll be the first poster for saturday!! The storm Ontario got we got last night and today. Tons of ice pellets and snow and freezing rain. I just came in from trying to chip away at the ice on the car and clean the steps off. No point in doing any more until it stops and the plow does its thing so I can see how much I have to try and shovel. It'll be heavy too where it is the ice pellets. What a mess!! But on the bright side I get a nice quiet day at home with the pooch. Get some housework done and finally start my cross-stitches I have to do for my MIL that I have been putting off for awhile now.

I am going to join Curves on Monday. I am looking forward to it and we get such a good sign up deal that I can't pass it up with the corporate deal through work.

I am in the market for a MP3 or Ipod though. I know nothing about them but I have to get one for work. I am surrounded by people on the phone all day (it is a call center after all) but I am not on the phone and it is very hard to concentrate on my work, which can be tedious, all day long. I have had a headache all week from it because its very distracting. I figured out why all the rest of the people in this department with me have them. So I get to shop around and try and figure out what to buy, and then how to load the darn thing. Don't know anything like I said. Should be interesting. I don't need anything stupendous. Prob just a 2Gb I think will do me from what I have seen on the internet. I went to the Futureshop website just to check a few out. Any suggestions would be appreciated as I want to make sure I get something I can use for awhile. I want to use it for walking in the spring too once the snow and ice melt.

Well, I must go and put my roast beef in the slow cooker for the day. That's nice and easy and tastes good on top!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!;)

alannah--i bought an mp3 player a while back as a reward to myself for losing 30lbs and i bought a sandisk sansa rhapsody. it's great. and they got really great reviews from many websites. i picked mine up at bestbuy.

equinetcan
02-02-2008, 12:37 PM
Thanks Jillian, No bestbuy here but I have several places here I can go to price checka nd such. Funny the ones on the internet I was looking at were the Scandisk ones too!!

Repo girl
02-02-2008, 01:02 PM
I got a 2 gig mp3 cell phone from Verizon for Christmas called a Juke. I love it!

cecil
02-02-2008, 01:11 PM
Allanah I have the same one as Jillian! It is good enough for sure! My BF loaded the songs though. I am sure you could do a google search for instructions.

Dan2112
02-02-2008, 06:45 PM
I bought my daughter a Sansa mp3 player for Christmas.. It was about 50 bucks at Best Buy.. I know you don't have one there, but again, you can find it online.. I forget the model number, but it's smaller than an I pod, mostly square and completely blue (a big selling point for my DD)...

So the crappiest week ever ended in much the same way... I thought, to make myself feel better, we'd all go out to a movie.. We took Liz's new Nissan Frontier and I drove.. Well, we got to the theatre parking lot and I began to pull into a space.. I cut the corner too close and ended up bumping into a mammoth pick up in the next space, leaving a lovely dent in Liz's rear fender.. The other truck wasn't damaged, as all I did was hit the rubber bumper cover on it.

Needless to say, Liz was understandibly upset and I feel like the worst husband in the world...

zambejaly5
02-02-2008, 07:22 PM
a couple months ago I got a Sony Ericsson walkman cell phone. it has a 2 gig memory chip in it. I have over 1 1/2 gig of music on it already and the other 1/2 gig I use to store pictures, (it takes pictures and video, better then my real digital camera!) it comes with earphones that you can listen to the music with or it will just play it out loud. ......

my husband has an iPod... and loves it...

just my 2 cents worth.....

I just joined Spark People dot com.. (3fatchicks does not want me to say that. It keeps blocking it out.) I read about it in womans world. it looks pretty cool. I don't like their message boards as much as here..... I don't mean the people..... but of course that goes without saying! but the format is awkward........ but it has some motivating things that I think will kick my but in the exercise and water intact areas.

bayoubelle68
02-02-2008, 09:34 PM
Okay, good news first: last night, our realtor came by and we signed the papers, so the house is now officially under contract!

Now the not-so-good news: about an hour before our realtor arrived, DH got a phone call, letting him know that he is leaving Monday to go and work tornado claims in Alabama. He'll be gone at least two weeks - maybe more. With the inspections going on, I will have to handle any yucks that arise.

Yuck!!

Tuesday Cool
02-02-2008, 10:48 PM
Dan,
B-double E-double R- U- N! Beer run!
All we need is a ten and a fiver...
(that counts as a starch, right) (low sodium?)

Angie
02-03-2008, 12:18 AM
Dan -- Sorry to hear about the fender bender. Don't beat yourself up, they are called accidents for a reason.

Alannah -- I'm in love with my ipod, but I never listen to music on it...I download books from audible.com -- I have a little teensy version of the ipod that retails for about $79 in Canada. You can pick it up at Walmart, and I know they also carry sandisk there.

Felicia -- That's fantastic that the house is just about wrapped up! It's too bad that you'll have to handle the rest of the negotiations on your own, but hopefully the inspection will come out clean as a whistle. If not though, I hope there are just small things that will amount to nothing compared to carrying two mortgages. The worst is over, I'm sure of it, and you'll be able to spend some time taking care of yourself again.

I didn't think I was doing too bad with eating this week, but somehow 2lbs snuck back up on me. I guess it's not just a coincidence that this has happened over the last 3 days that I haven't been logging my food. Hmm... ;)

Ternoway
02-03-2008, 10:43 AM
So I haven't been the best at staying on plan this weekend and I'm 2 pounds up as a result. DARN that East Side Marios!!! We went to dinner and a movie last night and I really meant to not order a pasta, OOPS! Back on the band wagon today I guess.

Dan- Sorry to hear about the car, I'm just glad it was minor and no one was hurt.

Joni135
02-03-2008, 11:16 AM
Dan/Liz - bummer about the fender bender. I think it's Murphy's Law that the minor accidents happen when the car is so new. For my car (which is now four years old), it was the infamous shopping cart collision. Why are people so lazy about putting away the shopping cart?? I wish we would do what they do in other countries (and I think Aldi's does this)....Charge for the cart and get your quarter back when you return the cart. But, I'm sure our lazy society would just forego the quarter if it meant walking 50 feet!

Felicia - keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well for the house sale?

Liza - How's Oliver doing...

I've been getting ready for a strict eating plan next week. Cooked up some brown rice, grilled chicken, got my fresh fruits and veggies. Planning does help lose weight, doesn't it?

Gotta run - happy super bowl everyone. Sorry, no time for more personals...

Dan2112
02-03-2008, 12:10 PM
Dan,
B-double E-double R- U- N! Beer run!
All we need is a ten and a fiver...
(that counts as a starch, right) (low sodium?)

Just as long as we have a car and a key and sober driver, and a hippy named Sleepy John! :lol: And HOTPOCKETS!

lizababe
02-03-2008, 02:17 PM
Morning everyone! (well, it's still morning here) Hope everyone is having a great weekend and has something fun to do! I've been laaaazzzzzzyyyy since I got done with work yesterday afternoon. It's raining now so I've got to find some way in this tiny place to get a bit of exercise in.

Dan - Sorry about the scrape. 15 years ago I was trying to back out of my mother's tricky driveway and ended up scraping the side of her SUV with my bumper.. The SUV had just gotten out of the paint shop THAT day! She's still mad at me for it....

Joni - Thank you for asking about Oliver :) The paw still looks like something out of a horror movie, but it's not AS disgusting as it was a few nights ago. He never lost his appetite fortunately so getting the antibiotics into him is easy. I just break the capsules open and stir it into his food. He actually came out last night and slept on the ottoman. It was short lived when he realized I saw him but at least he came out of hiding for a little bit. That's an improvement. Good luck with the menu planning!

I haven't been good about getting my veggies in this weekend. I'm going to make sure to eat a lot of salad today. Yesterday when I got out of work I was starving and ended up with three flautas from the taco shop. The sclae hasn't freaked out too much over it so maybe I can undo it today.

Enjoy the game! I'm going to try to watch at least some of it. Mini-Me has a strong dislike of football so we'll see. Maybe I can convince her that the commercials are worth it!