South Beach Diet - Monday's Chick Chat

View Full Version : Monday's Chick Chat

cottagebythesea
01-28-2008, 07:06 AM
Good Morning! :coffee:

I'm fueling up for a busy day ahead. First Curves, then housecleaning and paying bills will take up the morning. This afternoon Maggie has a birthday party at MoonBounce before picking up Audrey. We'll be home just long enough for homework and a quick snack, then we're off to piano lessons. That should take us to 6 pm, and I'll be leaving to come back home by then. No time to be bored today!

How's your day looking?

CyndiM
01-28-2008, 07:42 AM
Good morning Cottage :coffee:
Thanks for the coffee!

I'm in full pre-vacation wind up. We are on top of everything but I keep thinking there's a million things to do before we leave. We are actually joining the 21st century and getting cell phones. Every time we go on a trip we talk about it but always decide we don't want them. This time my best friend is having a family crisis and I just can't be out of touch that long. Given that my Dad has prostate cancer (under control right now) and has had a stroke and my daughter has a severe nut allergy, I'll feel better knowing family and friends can reach me if they need to. But no silly calls! I hate cell phones.

Still need to contact TSA about the TENS unit. I just want to make sure there won't be any trouble getting that through. Can't afford to lose that in transit (the insurance company hasn't even approved it yet!). We are more stressed about all the health/security issues than anything else. Once we are through the check and on the plane I'm sure we will relax. Okay going to stop worrying now!

Sorry for the babbling. Think I'll have another cuppa and look at pictures of NM :)

Have a good day chicks!

GONNABE165
01-28-2008, 07:53 AM
Morning Cottage & Cyndi. Even though you ladies have a busy day I hope you have a great day.

I ended up getting my haircut and the style I wanted the ladie so messed it up so it is real short yet very light on my head and that is what I really wanted. Today I will play the waiting game for my test results and this evening dh & I will go look for a new tv for our bedroom and then we will get a pedicure.

Whats going on with the rest of you chicks on this Monday morning?

Schmoodle
01-28-2008, 08:13 AM
Chirp, chirp, I'm an early bird today! It's only 7 and I'm showered, dressed, I've got a load of laundry in, and a batch of oatmeal bars baking. This is so unusual for me, wonder what's going on? I haven't even had coffee yet!
Today should be uneventful with both kids back to school. At least that's what I'm hoping for!
Hope you chicks have a good Monday planned.

Whew, cottage, you've got me exhausted just thinking about all that running. All I've got to do is run DD to dance class and a quick visit to the grocery store. My dinner is even all ready to go in the oven.
Cyndi, have a wonderful trip. You watch, you'll get so addicted to your phone, next year you'll be one of those ladies yakking in the grocery line!
Gonnabe, glad you like your hair. I want to get mine cut short once the weather starts to warm up.

jillybean720
01-28-2008, 08:15 AM
Goooood Monday morning, all! I've been posting in the 2008 Phase 1 Starters thread, but I thought I'd join in the chatting, too :)

My day is somewhat up in the air right now. Jeff and I got home from a weekend at my sister's yesterday afternoon and went out to eat at Outback (steak medallions, veggies, and water for me!), then came home and just hung out till bedtime (well, I didn't just hang out--I planned some meals and prepped some food).

Well, at about 4 this morning, I rolled over to discover Jeff was in the bathroom--sick. I don't think it was the Outback because he'd been fine all evening prior. But my sister was sick early last week with a nasty intestinal bug, and then her friend that watches her baby caught it, and then that friend's father caught it, and then my parents got down there on Thursday night, and by Saturday morning, my father was bed-ridden in the hotel with it...it's a horrible bug going around, and I thought we'd gotten away safe, but it looks like Jeff has it now.

Of course, I'm sure we all know men are big babies when they're sick, so I left him in bed with the tv remote, the ceiling fan remote, a bottle of water, a can of diet ginger ale (sometimes the carbonation helps to settle my stomach a bit), a bottle of Pepto, the cordless phone so he can call out from work and call me if he needs anything, and his Nintendo DS (yes, he still plays video games). If I can, I'll sneak out of the office early and work from home in the afternoon so I can stop and pick up some Gatorade for him. He won't eat yogurt, but he'll drink yogurt smoothies, so I'll see if any of them have live cultures (maybe the Stoneyfield Farms brand little smoothies?). Other than that, he'll just have to ride it out. I'm just praying I don't get it, too!

Schmoodle
01-28-2008, 08:18 AM
Hi Jill, sorry I missed you simulposting. Poor Jeff! I'm not far from you and it's really going around here. DS has had it, and I'm holding my breath to see if it hits the rest of us. Hope you manage to avoid it!

tomandkara
01-28-2008, 08:38 AM
Morning all!

Linda, your day sounds packed! Don't forget to breathe!!!

Cyndi, enjoy your vacation planning! What's a TENS unit? We just recently got cell phones. We hadn't had them for years because we were so far out in the middle of nowhere in California that there was no reception. We needed a way for Tom to reach me from work, though, in case something crazy happened - like the North Koreans invading Seoul or something - so we invested in a really expensive and quite modern (:p) $40 phone. I think it's funny to watch everyone texting on their phones. I could never do that! I think I talk on mine maybe once a month!

Gonna, is your husband getting a pedicure, too? You said, "...we will get a pedicure." Impressive! Good thoughts for your test results!

Schmoo, :T oatmeal bars! I haven't made those in ages! I'll have to do a batch once we get back home.

:welcome2: to the chat, Jill! Hope Jeff feels better soon! Lots of hand washing and Lysol spraying for you!!!

We had a busy day. Lots of schoolwork and meetings today. Every little head is in bed now, though, and I'm about to watch an episode of CSI: NY before I hit the sack. I splurged on my eating yesterday and was so miserable by the end of the day that I won't do that again for some time! I really didn't eat too much "evil" food, I just ate a LOT and my poor belly was begging me to stop. I even had made a cheesecake for dessert and never had a piece because I was so full. Me? Not eat cheesecake? I was really good today, though, and I feel awesome!

NINE DAYS UNTIL THE BIG PLANE RIDE! Single digits, baby!

Kara

THINBYJUNE
01-28-2008, 08:45 AM
Good Morning Ladies :coffee2:

Cottage Enjoy your very busy day.

Cyndi TSA shouldn't have a problem with it since it's medical equipment. Enjoy your trip.

Gonna I'll be thinking of you today :hug:

Schmoodle Have a great day and welcome to the early bird club ;)

Jill I'm so sorry to hear about Jeff. Hopefully he can keep the whining down to a minimum ;) Keep yourself healthy.

Me It's still raining here. We got 1/2" an hour last night. I know we need the water but I miss the sun. I have to take my boss to Anaheim today to catch the train to San Diego but the good news is he'll be gone all week for a confrence :woohoo:

Have a great day everyone

THINBYJUNE
01-28-2008, 08:47 AM
Hey Kara - simulposting. You're almost stateside, how exciting.:carrot:

tomandkara
01-28-2008, 08:52 AM
Dancing carrots indeed! Have fun while the bossman is away!

Kara

phxsunflower
01-28-2008, 08:53 AM
Good morning ladies,

I get to get on early this morning. It is raining:rain: outside. Nice to have a couple of days like this. I skipped the walk this morning so will try to get it in tonight.

Cottage-girls keeping you on the move

CyndiM-hope things work out with TSA. Enjoy your new phone but watch it with the kids.(they think my phone is theirs!)

Gonnabe-Hope the haircut relaxs so you like it.

Schmoodle- WOW are you on the ball already!

Jilly- hope you don't get the bug. Nasty thing for your sister to share with all.

As for me not much going on here just the norm. Everything is Superbowl this and Superbowl that and the traffic is showing it. Only 1 week and the big game. Planning on being at home all next weekend, get enough of the excitment through the t.v.

:wave: hi to all that come in later

Have a great day and a safe one all.

phxsunflower
01-28-2008, 09:05 AM
Hi to Kara and Thin.

was posting the same time. Thin hope your rain is stopping soon. Are you in the flooded area or is it just in certain low laying areas? Our washes are flowing very quickly now. Still people trying to cross them:eek::faint::no:

Kara hope you enjoy the episode of CSI and have a nice sleep.

THINBYJUNE
01-28-2008, 09:16 AM
Phx- Good luck with all things SuperBowl. I'm not in a flood zone but it's starting to look like I installed a pool in the back yard :lol:

cottagebythesea
01-28-2008, 09:17 AM
Cell phones! I dislike the darned things, but I had to get one for my job since I'm on the go so much with the girls. But as far as text-messaging, I don't even know how it works or want to! They are pretty much a necessity for some people though these days. We got my parents one last Christmas to use in case of an emergency, and it gives us peace-of-mind.

little chick
01-28-2008, 09:31 AM
Good morning chicks..... snow day again today here, it is snowing and mixed with ice pellets. So the kids are home so I really need a beach chair and a cute cabana boy and a drink in a coconut shell. Please. Yesterday was great on the ski hill we had a fab day. Well I gotta to dash cause it is one of those crazy days here, with lots to do. I will try to pop in later if it gets quiet. Take care chicks.

tomandkara
01-28-2008, 10:00 AM
LC, have fun with the kids home today. Maybe they could help you with chores? For some reason my kids think that's fun...

Phoenix, good luck getting around with all the hoopla in town! I like your plan of watching from home! When we were in DC, we lived literally down the street from the Redskins stadium (we actually lived in Maryland but Tom worked in DC). We could hear the games from our living room! We saw the Army-Navy game there one year and it was a lot of fun. It's nice to be able to walk to the field!

Glad to hear you're not floating, Dawn. I saw the flooding on the news and was thinking of our southern California chicks.

So, I watched one episode and it left me so hanging that I had to start up another one. Then I really have to get to bed!

Kara

GONNABE165
01-28-2008, 10:00 AM
Schmoodle thats the way to show the day who's boss. Glad ds is feeling better

Jilly I hope Jeff is feeling better soon. I had it and it lasted 24-48 hours and boy does it spread to others so be careful

Yes Kara my husband does go with me to get a pedicure and manicure - he loves it. I see the daily count down has begun :carrot:

Hiya Dawn & PHX hope you gals enjoy your day

LC I am on the look out for the cuttest cabana boy with a beach chair so as soon as I find him I will let you know

beachgal
01-28-2008, 10:25 AM
Wowee--17 posts before 9:30! :faint: It's hard to keep up with your early birds! ;)

This is a fast peck-through...it's been a busy Monday at work and I'm about to go do a class presentation. Hope everyone has a wonderful morning, stays warm, well, and OP! Here's some :dust: just in case!

phxsunflower
01-28-2008, 10:27 AM
just one more check in before I'm off for the day!! Wow must be doing something right.

Thin-:rofl: we call our backyard our own personal lake :lol:

Cottage- remind them to recharge. My folks always use that as a excuse why they don't use theirs.

Little chick- :beach: have a great day and stay warm.

beachgal
01-28-2008, 10:56 AM
Okay, presentation over. :D

Schmoo, love the new avatar...it's adorrrrrable!

:welcome3: Jillybean! My DH got sick like that yesterday. It got worse and worse all day and by 9 he was in bed for the night with a high fever. This morning he went off to work like nothing had happened and said he was fine to my sleepily asked, "How are you?" :shrug: I hope he's truly okay...he's one of those guys who doesn't rest unless he has no other choice. It sounds like your guy is very well taken care of! :D He's a lucky one to have you.

Cyndi, I don't know what a TENS unit is, but I think you shouldn't have much problem. It does depend on the TSA team you work with, but most that I've worked with have been very understanding about unique requests like that. DH hasn't had trouble getting weird samples for work through in his carry-on, and my mom has been able to get her CPAP machine through several times. If it's medical equipment, the best thing would be to have a note or letter from your doctor explaining why you need it, etc. Sounds like you're well prepared, so just relax and let God/the Universe/etc. handle it. :hug: NM will be incredible! We want to see photos when you return!

Kara, that day is coming faster and faster! You must be so excited! Hope the plane can land in all that water! :fr: Sounds like a return of El Nino, Thin!

Me:
Had a busy, but good, weekend. Denali (the bun) is doing much better...he's actually eating his carrots and treats and, best of all, he's drinking water on his own!!! :goodvibes: He's even using his litter box again! Big sigh of relief here. We're still treating the parasite, but that's a lot easier on him and us than syringe feeding was. Angel (dog) is recovering nicely from her spay. Other than licking the area once in a while (kind of like, "What da heck is this???" :lol: ), she's seemingly unaware that she had surgery. ;) She is sleeping more, but she sure pulls on the leash as much as she usually does when we try to take her for a slow walk.

I hear those of you who had a weird eating day and didn't feel well afterwards. Our toaster oven died last week and then our microwave died on Friday. We have one of those "over the range" micros, so that means we have no light or fan over the stove, so cooking on the stove is kind of limited too. That leaves us with the oven! I didn't realize how much I relied on the micro to make things...with so few options for quick heating, I had a pretty bad lunch yesterday made up of what I could find around the house. :rolleyes: I'll do better today.

Off to the gym after work. Thankfully, I don't have anything going on tonight. I'm hoping to deliver my second bundt cake to my next-door neighbors (who weren't home last night), because it smells amazing and I'm afraid they won't want it after I drool all over it! :lol3: There are tons of little projects to do around the house. I think I might tackle cleaning the bathroom...it's just beyond disgusting. How often do you have little bits of pumpkin, yogurt, and juice on your bathroom counter? It's all left-over from syringe feeding a struggling rabbit at 6 in the morning or 1 at night! :lol:

Have a great day, everyone!

GONNABE165
01-28-2008, 10:59 AM
Laurie glad to hear your babies are doing well. Hope you have a great day!

tomandkara
01-28-2008, 11:09 AM
Well, Gonna and Mr. Gonna, enjoy your pampering! And pardon me while I laugh at the idea of my husband in the beauty shop. He'd never heft his manly Air Force self in there if I paid him! What a dork!

Laurie, glad to hear the bunny's feeling better! I've had nights of syringe feeding rabbits myself. You just get so attached to the little furballs! Connor and Kadyn desperately want a rabbit, but we just can't have one when we move so often. They don't like moving very much.

I'm off to bed. The second episode I watched aired on Halloween, so I had to destress after it was over. Hopefully I won't have any bad dreams tonight!

Kara

Neko
01-28-2008, 11:10 AM
Wow! I guess everyone here is a much earlier riser than me. I can't find time to post before I get to work.

Jilly, I hope your boyfriend gets better quick. Stomach bugs are the most annoying, the only good thing is they don't linger like colds.

phxsunflower How much rain have you gotten? I've heard it's pretty bad in CA, but being from the other coast, I haven't heard all that much.

Medieval Times on Saturday was fun. I'm happy to say I skipped the garlic bread, potato and desert. None of the food was thrilling anyways. It was impossible to tell what vegetables were in the pureed "soup", but I don't think that could have been too much of a cheat. The show is great though. I've been trying to explain to DH that when you go to dinner theater, you go for the show, not the food.

If anyone wants to see, here's the group pic. I'm the chubby blonde in the front who pretty much dropped her coat as they were taking the pic. lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/Culfindel/med_times0001.jpg

tomandkara
01-28-2008, 11:14 AM
Cute picture! That'll be a memory!!! Glad you had a good time despite the lack of gourmet cuisine!

Kara

GONNABE165
01-28-2008, 11:51 AM
Cool pic Neko I bet you guys did have fun. Way to go on staying away from the bread.

Kara My dh was the same way and til I told him he would love it and I bought him a massage with a mani & pedi for our anniversary one year I knew he wouldn't let that $$ go to waste and now he is hooked. He does the mani now mainly because of his work dealing with alot of clients & hand shakiing. He enjoys the pedi cause he's into working out and lots of sports.

beachgal
01-28-2008, 11:58 AM
Neko, you aren't chubby (trust me, I know from chubby... ;) ) and you look just lovely! :queen: Sounds like a really fun time! I don't think I could go there again without thinking of that episode from Ugly Betty! :lol:

Kara, I get scared too when I watch shows like that too close to bed...but sometimes you just can't stop! I hear you on men in the beauty shop...I tried to get DH to go get a paraffin dip because his hands get so dry in the winter that they crack and bleed! :fr: I told my manicurist that I was having trouble convincing him and she said she'd even open the shop before hours for him so no one else would be there to see, and he still wouldn't go. Men! I tell ya, it's SO much easier to be a woman...I'd go nuts if I felt I had to stick with such a rigid sense of what my sex is supposed to do and not do! :dizzy: I'm so glad to hear you get what I mean about the buns! They do tend to wrap those fuzzy paws around your heart. :love: You're right about moving, though. It took months for our Bella to get used to our new home. Eventually she came around...she likes having more "land" to conquer and fulfill her "bunnifest destiny!" :lol3: From what my friend Michelle tells me, pet rabbits are very revered in Germany. I saw a pet store when we were in Stuttgart, and they had shelves of bunny food, treats, toys, etc. It was amazing! Maybe your kiddos will make friends with someone who has a rabbit.

zoerba
01-28-2008, 12:06 PM
WOW, this is a busy board! I don't know if I can keep up!

Well, the morning is out to a poor start - I put some chili fixings in the crockpot last night and asked DH to turn OFF the crockpot when he got up at 4 this morning. I woke up and realized OOPS he forgot. I am dreading trying this chili, refried beans come to mind...LOL.

Also, up a pound since starting PH2 which stinks because I'm not eating many carbs - only 1 serving a day! Oh well, I'll tinker around with things and I'm sure will lose again eventually.

Have a fantastic day all you early birds (and everyone else too!)

GONNABE165
01-28-2008, 02:39 PM
Zoerba hope your crock pot chili turned out okay. As far as being up a lb now that you are in phase 2 I would say that is normal. When I went into phase 2 I was up 2lbs and I'm pretty sure some of the other girls here experienced a bit of a stall as well. Keep your head up and keep at it and that crazy scale will catch up.

Schmoodle
01-28-2008, 03:15 PM
Yes, I definitely did experience that at the beginning of Ph2. I don't remember if I actually gained any, but I do remember a stall. Then everything kicked into gear and the weight started coming off again. I think it's just your body adjusting to Ph2 and it's temporary.

GONNABE165
01-28-2008, 04:27 PM
My doc just called with my blood test from last week and my white blood cells are lower but not as low as should be and the Mono is real faint in the system so to keep doing what I am suppose to and all will be well.

Now I sit & wait for the biopsy results

Schmoodle
01-28-2008, 05:05 PM
That's great news Gonnabe!

zoerba
01-28-2008, 05:36 PM
Just peeking in at work *sshhhh!!* hehehehe...

Today's going well I just keep telling myself BE POSITIVE, BE POSITIVE! =)

It's frustrating having a stall or weight gain, but in the long run I know that I can't help but lose weight and become healthier. So, it's worth it!

Pacergal29
01-28-2008, 06:47 PM
Calgon take me away!!!! :faint: I can't find my desk, I have been swamped all day, and I have missed you chicks!

On the cellphone note I have a Blackberry that I love and at time hate, like this morning when I got an e-mail before I even got to work telling me my closing for today was messed up! Not the way to start a Monday morning (or any morning for that matter)! And that is how my entire day has been!

Thankfully there was no food porn in the office or I would eaten it without a second thought!

It is almost time to wrap up my day and I think I will go home and hide for the rest of the night!

Have a great evening chicks and I will hopefully have more time tomorrow!

phxsunflower
01-28-2008, 07:14 PM
wow I get to get on again!!!

Neko-We only got 2" here but up north(about 10 minutes on the freeway) they got 4-5" so all the washes are full and running. Living in the desert we just don't drain well.

Day at school was good now it is time to get the house moving with night time stuff.

zoerba
01-29-2008, 02:20 AM
B - 1 cup fiber 1 honey clusters cereal w/ ff milk
S - 15 olives
L - black bean chili (no meat) 1 cup w/ 2% cheese; broccoli and cauliflower w/ cheese
S - 3 deviled eggs
D - 4 chicken wings and greenbeans