Carb Counters - Low Carb Chat: 1/28 thru Super Bowl-2/3!

aud
01-28-2008, 01:50 AM
Good Monday Morning LC Chatters! Let's have a Great Week, ok???:cool: My ticker changing w/i is today & having high hopes that I've got back to 229 - enjoyed some awesome work outs & eating since Friday. Feel like a new beginning.

I've got the chicken breasts cooling out of the oven and getting ready to freeze - I've got 6 breasts to alternate with either spinach 'n bacon/cauli plain/cauli-mash/green beans 'n bacon or broccoli.

Had the "mini" revolution rolls . . . going to make the jelly roll pan kind in the morning.

My Gran always used coconut oil to pop popcorn in scalm . . . tasted more like the movie show, she said. Haven't had any in years.

I almost hate to tell you how beautiful it was today in MO beachie :^: . . . know you're well taken care of there in the storm . . . I remember your wedding anniversary now that you mentioned Hawaii.

What kind of dancing do you do lynn? I LOVE hotels . . . when I hit the lottery just want to live in a swanky suite somewhere.:D You & DD will have a ball!

lilylilylily - get some campho-phenique! It's a fever blister CURE, I tell ya! (Get lysine for insurance in case I'm wrong - LOL!:D)

okokok . . . getting goofy better plate up the food and hit the hay - ttyal!

aud
01-28-2008, 02:17 AM
Forgot to tell you part of the reason I'm so motivated lately is that I took your suggestion scalm & looked up Living La Vida Low Carb on youtube . . . I got thru quite a few eppies and LOVE how JM kept holding "Diet Revolution" up to the camera & quoting from it - Our jerseygirl would be proud! Especially enjoyed his take on vegetables/fruit & low carb - also get a kick out of his wife!

Has anyone else watched these youtubes? Each last about what? 4 minutes? Very informative but in a fun way . . .

There's also a good Thread right here at 3fc - talking about how to stop "devastating eating" - lots of good tips: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132657

Another GREAT Thread here @ 3fc for us Book Lovers: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132163

Bouncing
01-28-2008, 02:57 AM
Hi everybody. I'm feeling a bit adrift lately. I keep noticing things, like my forearms and wrists are smaller, and my face has a couple of straight lines in it, instead of just circumferences. My boobs finally stick out further than my belly. Most days, anyway. Here's my problem: when the scale gets to a certain range, or I discover a bone somewhere under all the fat, I eat. It's like I had to stop losing and stabilize for a while just to adapt to the changes. So I gain and lose the same 5 lbs. over and over. My body image hasn't caught up with my modest weight loss, and somehow losing the fat is very threatening. Has anybody else dealt with this? How did you get through it?

We had a foot of snow and some of my friends really believed they were snowed in and didn't go anywhere for days, until the rain melted some of it. It was a little inconvenient, but sooooo pretty. %^&* snow plow. Shows up 15 hours after the last snow melts off the road, scrapes off the top layer of asphalt, then goes away. Hmph. Anyway, last week we had as much snow as in the last 5 years put together! There's going to be more tonight, after days of downpour.

I'll never call my Jeep Compass a toy jeep again. I have already apologized to it. It may not look a lot like a traditional jeep, but it has a stout little jeep heart. Having it get me out of snow/mud/ice a few times in the last week has made me feel completely differently about it. Bless it's little 4WD.

CrabbyCakes
01-28-2008, 08:40 AM
Good morning ladies! I know I have been a bit MIA the last half of the week, but work and home have been hectic! I am working a part time job at night to get some bills paid off and we had bf's kids this weekend and I just have to say to all the ladies out there with kids in the house.. I feel your pain! It must be hard as **** having kids around and staying on plan. I nearly had to saw my hand off to stop from eating one of the chocolate chip waffles I was serving them for breakfast...ugh...AND they wanted to bake brownies. I wasn't perfectly OP, but I think I resisted temptation quite well. The good part about them being here is that we took a long walk to the library and back and when I checked to see how long our walk was, I discovered it was 3.25 miles! Woohoo!

Tomorrow is my first weigh-in since skipping last week for TOM and I am nervous. I have a feeling I won't see much of a change... :( Wish me luck ladies!

aud - I don't think I have ever seen Living La Vida Low Carb, but it sounds like a fun way to avoid some work later, hee hee.

Bouncing - First of all, I wouldn't call 34 lbs modest at all! You should definitely give yourself much more credit than that. 34 lbs is fantastic and quite an accomplishment I think! I do, however, know what you mean about your body image. Hopefully some of the ladies will be able to offer advice as I think I could use some of the same, but in the mean time I hope you keep up the fantastic work!

lilybelle
01-28-2008, 11:35 AM
aud, I've checked the local stores here and none of them even sell campho-phenique. All I have to use for now is Carmex. This monstrosity is drying out now and should be gone pretty soon. Such is life in a hicktown!

Shellie, I've had a little problem myself with body size head games on my wt. loss journey. For some reason , taking off the weight was a little threatening. It's almost like it changed my identity. KWIM? People look at me differently now and I'm treated differently too. The only way I dealt with it was to only weigh once a week and just try my best to stay OP. To adjust my mind to all the changes, I kept having to remind myself that I wasn't changing WHO I am, I was changing my body for my Health!

CC, I can definitely identify with the challenges faced when little ones are in the house. My grandsons when they visit, I feel like I make a million trips to the kitchen. They constantly want to be eating or drinking something, and it definitely isn't healthy food. Of course the 2 fifteen year old that live with me are pretty dang bad. It's not unlike them to bake brownies or a pie at 10PM!

Today is my son's 22nd Birthday. Dang that makes me OLD! Fortunately he doesn't like sweets and wants fresh fruit instead of a cake. That makes it easier for me.

I'm really proud that other than 1 off plan meal in the last 4 weeks, I have stayed on plan. I did lose 4 lbs. in the past 4 weeks which is WAY better than gaining. I'm gonna try to hit the gym this evening . Everyone will just have to turn their head at my repulsing fever blister.

beach bum
01-28-2008, 11:59 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

The snow storm wasn't as bad as the predicted. We go 5" of the powder white stuff.But the drifts are blocking our front door & decks sliding door by snow..If Leo & I can't get out to shoved out we're have to wait for the sea scouts to help us get out. We have the end house of a 4 unit building and we're on the west facing south where the snows hit.Our neighbor on the other side of us[Unit4] [the one giving us so much trouble] went out and got stuck in a snow draft. They're announcing on the radio DON"T GO OUT IF YOU DON'T HAVE TOO. They say the storm is over but the winds are 40 MPH and the drifting of the snow is making it difficult for people see or drive. Why are these people so STUPID.You always should have food in the house for emergencies.Leo & I can't help him we're not going out at all.

I'll have to come back later I'm going to Help Leo with the pathway.

Hi I'm back.

The walkways are done and the decks sliding door & front door are are cleaned from the snow. Leo did the front of the house and did the side. The man is still struck in the ditch. One of the young guys tried to help him but than there was some yelling & the young guy decided to let him on this own. Thats why did doesn't pay to be nasty as one one will help you,you get more out of sugar than vinegar.

AUD-Thanks for starting us up. I didn't know if I would be able to post but we didn't lose any electricity in this storm.You'll get that ticker moving downward again,We're have meatballs w) mushroom sauce and a veggie on the side. Can't believe that January is almost over,and Lent & Easter is on its way. I want to lose 8 lbs before the challenge I'm on in another board is over. I have lost 3 so far and now its 5 to go.Thanks Aud for sharing all those web sites I have to go thought them this afternoon.

BOUNCY-WELCOME BACK,I Missed you,asked around if anyone saw you on the boards. Glad your back.Bouncy I still low carbing but I'm now counting calories. I think my stalling was from not eating enough. The body does go into a starvation mode.If you don't feed it. Since starting counting calories using fit day I lost 3 lbs in 2 weeks. I also changed my W-I day to Wed instead of Sat. Which I found was very helpful,as I don't go over board with eating over the weekends. I used to wait for the weekends to cheat,but than I realized I was cheating myself. Hope that helps.

CRABBYCAKES-First I'll send you :crossed:[[[[weight loss vibes]]]] :crossed:for your weigh-in tomorrow. Don't be nervous about your W-I its just a number on a scale,if you ate the right foods and did your exercising I'm sure you'll see good results on the scale.

Have a great Morning whats left of it I have to start DINNER
Meatballs in mushroom sauce with veggies.

Hugs :) BB

lynnar
01-28-2008, 12:08 PM
Good morning! I resisted the scale this morning so I'm still in a good mood. I was doing well OP yesterday until DH brought out a dish of cashews. I haven't looked them up yet, but I'm pretty sure it won't be good.
Aud, me dance? I guess I just assume that people know it's the kids who dance. Of course if I don't say so, you wouldn't necessarily know that and I probably never said so because I just assumed. Both my daughters started with dance lessons at 4 and never stopped. It wasn't really my choice to continue paying for dance lessons all those year and it sure wasn't my husband's choice! But they love it. They've been doing the competition thing forever too. The older one started competing when she was around 12 and she's now 22. She goes as a teacher now, but my younger daughter is 15 and still competing.
DH and I have been taking a ballroom dance class at the girls' studio (the teacher is a good friend), but we do really, really badly. We've had three classes and we still can't do a simple waltz. The class has covered five or six dances but we just kind of stumble along. Part of the problem is the whole "leading" issue. If he would just let me lead, we could do much better!!! Of course, he has a slightly different POV.
Beachie, hang on tight! That kind of wind and snow on the Cape has got to be a little scary. I'm in the nice weather belt, Yesterday was 50 degrees and sunny. We took the dogs on a 1.7 mile hiking trail. It was great.
Gotta get to work. BBL Lynn

RobinW
01-28-2008, 01:15 PM
My boobs finally stick out further than my belly. Most days, anyway. Here's my problem: when the scale gets to a certain range, or I discover a bone somewhere under all the fat, I eat. It's like I had to stop losing and stabilize for a while just to adapt to the changes. So I gain and lose the same 5 lbs. over and over. My body image hasn't caught up with my modest weight loss, and somehow losing the fat is very threatening. Has anybody else dealt with this? How did you get through it?

Bouncing......I know exactly what you are going thru. Its tough I know. I get into those next size down jeans, and I take a weekend to pig out. Nope I am not wearing my new jeans today. But I will tomorrow.

Its like the fat is a shield from the rest of the world. Keeps you protected. From what? I havent a flippin clue!!! Im sure if I went into therapy Id figure it out...But Im not about to spend $$ on therapy when I can go get sexy boots :D instead!!

Ok...here is what I have been doing. Its been keeping the self sabotage to a minimum. Its all in my attitude. I work very hard at keeping it positive and upbeat. Ive read "The Secret" and "The Law of Attraction" These books have helped tremendously in my way of thinking. So instead of a month long binge of marshmallows (which I didnt eat this weekend) :cb: It turns into a few extra foods I shouldnt eat, but really arent all that bad. (except for the chocolate bar :rolleyes: ) I am back ontrack today, and even planning on getting out of the shop early to go walk at the park.

So to answer your question, I really dont know why I do it....but I know that I do it alot less since changing the way I think. I hope that helps you :hug:

......food hasnt been perfect, exercise is totally absent, Ive been bone tired!

So, I took the weekend off, and recharged my batteries. Ate what I wanted, and got myself ready for today.

I am upping my carbs to no more than 60grams per day, and lowering my fat intake to under 40%. I'll work on that one to get it under 30%. But Im not in a huge hurry for that.

If you are interested in what I am eating during the day, check out my blog. (link in siggy)

Im feeling very good about my eating, and the week to come :)

Have a great day ladies!

JerseyGyrl
01-28-2008, 01:29 PM
I was doing well OP yesterday until DH brought out a dish of cashews. I haven't looked them up yet, but I'm pretty sure it won't be good.

As far as nuts go, Cashews are one of the highest in carbs...7.6 carbs in 1 oz.

Macadamia's are the lowest, with 1.4 carbs in l oz. Others that are fairly low are Pecans, with 1.2 carbs per 1 oz., Walnuts with 2.0 carbs per 1 oz., and Almonds, with 2.2 carbs per 1 oz.

aud
01-28-2008, 01:46 PM
Best laid plans Monday . . . pffffthththbt! LOL! Got up early & 'styled the DD10's hair (growing out bangs - braided each side and clipped - surprised that she LOVED & thought she was "mod" - didn't tell her that this look was straight out of my blurry 70's memory bank LOL!) . . . sat down with my stack of coupons & fell sound asleep!

Oh well . . . waking up with coffee & then hitting the road . . will just have to get my exercise in at the plant . . . the problem is making the time. Generally have one "crisis" after another with the 240 folks I represent . . but they is just gonna have to come 2nd to ME ME ME . . . doncha think I'll do a much better job of representing them if I'm healthy & fit?

Tx in advance for agreeing!

Sooo no excuses - hitting the gym & taking the 10,000 step walk regardless tonight. ))))))))))Resolve Dust(((((((((( floats & settles on me!

I was JUST thinking of you bouncie when I stumbled onto that Book Lovers Thread (link in first post) . . . GO JEEPERS! Had a Grand Cherokee for years - got me thru a lot! We haven't had the type winters we had when I was a young driver 70/80's so have been getting by with front wheel drive - which I also love. I think an image problem may be part of the complex root cause of me hitting the proverbial wall at a certain mental point. Something I need to think about as I just keep on keeping on with the basics of OP/Water & exercise. IA with robin here - not sure what the fat shield is protecting me from but know that having it is making me more unhappy than whatever is "out there." So good to cya here bouncie - let's figure it out together!?

We're having beautiful weather here too lynn & hit the trail with dog & kids BOTH days of the weekend - was just wonderful for January. Not sure why I thought you danced - but must be so fun with your girls! Both of mine took a turn with dance classes altho' we didn't get to the point of travelling - really had a lot of fun with it. Always wanted to take a few couples classes but didn't make the time . . . not sure how we'd do -LOL!

WTG with the kids & food crabbyC! Walking to the library was a stroke of genius! I've been trying to just at least keep up with my 10 yr old PART of the time and find she's a GREAT source of unintentional exercise-LOL! The girl NEVER quits moving. I giggled when you talked about sawing your hand off/choc chip waffles!

Sounds like KARMA got your neighbor beachie! Love when that happens . . . let's me know the universe has some kind of order after all! HURRAH for Leo being a meteorologist . . . sounds like he predicted the storm better than the experts, eh? Was glad to cya Posting/have electricity - just wish you had a nice neighbor who would clean the drifts - altho' prolly good exercise?

PS to lilyb: I always can find it at Walgreens (or they'll order it) - No worries tho' - I can bring several bottles when I come over to babysit the Birthday Boy!!!!!!!

Amy On a Mission76
01-28-2008, 04:13 PM
Just wanted to check in with my LC buddies. Hope you gals had a good weekend. Mine was good, had 3 shows and they were all good, so I was able to put some money in the bank. Have stayed on plan, although I feel TOM coming on, so not going near the scale until my WI, Wednesday. I sometimes check every day, am I the only one! LOL I know, I know, you should only weigh once a week because our weight naturally fluctuates throughout the day and such, but sometimes i cannot help it. Now that I am losing, ya know what I mean.

I am starting back at the gym tomorrow. I have a friend that is working on getting her physical trainer's license, and she is going to work out with me 3 or 4 days a week. She said to be ready to work HARD, so a little worried that I may die tomorrow. If so, remember me fondly! LOL

Anyway, just wanted to send everyone a big ole future skinny girl (well not skinny, but not pleasantly plump anymore!) hug, LOL. And sprinkle some happy dust! Have a great week.

beach bum
01-28-2008, 05:28 PM
hi ladies :) I back again

The sun went down and the snow will probably turn into ice. Have to be careful when going out tomorrow .

AUD=The saga of this morning story continues.The old neighbor tried every 1/2 hour to get out of the ditch and finally had to call a flat bed to put him out with cable. He drove back to his parking space and then an 1/2 hr later left to where he was heading for in the first place. Leo thinks that the flat bed truck must have cost him big bucks. He was gone for 15 mins and than came home. WHAT WAS SO IMPORTANT for him to go out and get stuck in the snow????

LYNN-It was scary,but fortunately we had electricity , to keep us warm and for us to cook our meals. We don't get these type of storms but when we do it can be bad.

ROBIN-I agree with you,attitude is what I'm working on right now. Thinking positive instead of negatively. You were the one who introduced that to the thread,and I want to thank you so much for ITS WORKING.

AMY-Good for you not looking at that scale,I used to do that and it can mess you up,and bring you in a bad mood.Lucky you that you have a friend thats a physical trainer.Thats going to help you a lot.

Have to go,and start supper have a nice evening

broadabroad
01-28-2008, 08:20 PM
Good morning, ladies! Just a flying visit to say Hi and christen the new thread, type of thing! Bouncing, I know just what you mean! And Robin too. Have you folks read Fat is a Feminist Issue? I know it's a bit dated these days, but it really tackles this whole business of why people sometimes want to retain their weight (even if they don't realise it) - ways in which it can represent something positive to them, either a disguise or a sign of strength or all sorts of things. It's interesting reading.

More later!

WeightSmasher
01-28-2008, 08:56 PM
Well, this is my first post on this thread. I have been lurking around for a few weeks and decided to join. I usually post on the PCOS thread but not to much going on over there.

Well, a little about me is that I have PCOS and since giving birth to my son 7 years ago I have gained around 60lbs. At first my weight did not bother me but during Christmas I took some family pictures and did not recognize myself. Another thing that did it was that for Christmas all the gifts I received that were clothes were a size 3XL, I was devestated, no one asked what my size was they just assumed I was that size. I almost cried infront of everyone, I finally understood what people saw me as. You know how you always wonder if you look as big as you feel? Well, I got my answer. People see me as very fat!!! So my husband and I decided to take the better road and get healthy. Since I was diagnosed with PCOS I knew that the low carb diet was for me. I did it a few years ago and lost 40lbs. So I finally realized that the low carb way of eating is going to have to be my lifestyle and not just a diet. So far so good. A few set backs on the weekends but nothing major. I work out daily and try to eat as little carbs as possible.

Sorry, for the long intro. I hope I am welcomed you guys are full of info and encouragement.

broadabroad
01-28-2008, 09:19 PM
Hi there, Weightsmasher! I'm in the same boat with the PCOS - fun fun fun, eh? Welcome aboard! I'm finding this a very friendly (and constructive!) forum, and I'm sure you will too.

Now that my kids have started their Thai lesson I have a little non-contact time & I'm snatching the chance to write a little more. I'd meant to say - I stumbled across Jimmy Moore's blog a couple of weeks ago while researching Gary Taubes, and found it very interesting. Didn't realise he had YouTube shows though - must check that out!

Well, I weighed myself yesterday morning and found that I'd not lost anything that week. Which could be a bit disheartening, what with it being the second week of Induction - but I wasn't on plan, because my family were here. I wasn't going crazy, mind - I'm quite content with my food choices, as I consistently chose high protein wherever I could, and avoided obvious carbs. But I didn't eschew the sweet and sour sauce or the other things that the proteins came in, when it was a set meal - and in instances where I COULD make my own choices, I stuck to the plan. So - didn't lose anything. But, on the bright side, also didn't gain anything - despite eating out in swanky restaurants 3 times, and dealing with the International Day banquet too. I figure that's as much as a girl can ask, and I'm back on plan now, more determined than ever to lose this flab.

On a cheering note, one of my kids (incidentally, whenever I say 'my kids' I DO mean the little'uns I teach - I'm wholly sans partner or offspring, with a household consisting of me, a nervous cat and a temperamental MacBook) told me yesterday that I had lost some weight. Of course, she's got a tendancy to suck up, and she may have gathered that I was dieting on the International Day - however, I'm not proud. I'll take my compliments where I can get 'em.

stayincalm
01-28-2008, 09:36 PM
Yay! We survived Monday. (Of course it is only 6:21 p.m. here but I'm counting Monday GGGGOOONNNneeee). The rollercoaster week is off to a good start with 7 sick employees this morning (monday morning and all). I have decided to recategorize absenteeism. I am now going to (internally of course) review absenteeism in two ways. Innocent abesenteeism (wherein one is absent due to circumstances beyond their control...including the occasional mental health sick day) and Culpable Absenteeism (wherein one is working the system for stupid reasons that end up impacting their annual bonus and compensation review...what I will unofficially call, "Screwing yourself in the end" dummy absenteeism.

Enough of that.

All: Woe to the person who told me about vodka and crystal light (even though it contains the nemisis aspartame). I'm having one now and don't want to get on the exercise bike.

Bouncing: Glad to meet ya!
Crabby: Great job with the waffles. I might have been caught licking stray plates for the maple syrup. MY DD is 9 but it will be a long time until she sees a waffle or pancake around here I can tell ya. I'm not strong enough.
Lilly: You are my guru of balance. I want to be you. And you are certainly not old. Remember? I called you a stone cold fox. Oh, wait, I just called you foxy but you know what I mean.
BB: Be careful shoveling snow and such. Dangerous work. Sitting in the living room looking at the snow with a vodka and crystal light is better...er, I mean more fun.
Lynn: You dancin' fool. I don't ballroom but I studied ballet from the time I was 4 until 22. Then I got in a skiing accident and could no longer do the dance thing. I think all those years of not being able to eat did something to me. I remember having to stop dancing after being used to it 4-5 hours a day when I was about 23 and then having to cut my eating down to 200 calories to try to keep from gaining weight. Of course, I don't know why I was trying to stay skinny. It is not like anymore emaciated gay men were hefting me into the air anymore. Nonetheless...old habits die hard.
Robin: Way to go on the recharge. We ALL need that sometimes. Good for you.
Amy: Shows? What kind of shows? I want to know all your groovy performer gal you.
WS: Welcome. Glad you are delurking.

Someone, I can't remember who right now because I'm on the advance screen and can't back up to look, checked into Jimmy Moore's webcast stuff. Isn't it a hoot. I dig him because he is exactly right. Basically do whatever diet you are working on by the book and then start playing with it only when you are sure it is working for you and don't kid yourself or waste time whining if you delay results by "arsing around" (kudos to Fay for that statement. I used it three times at work today). MY DH loves him because he hates what he calls "Diet ****s". Jimmy is the master of the gentle yet truthful approach.

Hope this post finds all to be well.

XO

SC

stayincalm
01-28-2008, 09:50 PM
OK I checked back. Aud you were the one who checked out the Youtube episodes. They really are a hoot aren't they? I think those two are cute as a bugs ear. The episodes are really between 9-10 minutes. I really got some good tips from them (If you can count Chocoperfection bars as a tip. I just dropped $40 bucks to buy the new LLVLC Raspberry chocolate bars and I don't even eat sweets...go figure. If I can hide them from hubby they will last for at least a year). I even left a comment on the site. Something I never do. I just needed to tell those two they are appreciated.

I read through the other sites you mentioned. Good Stuff.

xo
SC

lilybelle
01-29-2008, 02:36 AM
Hi ladies,

My son came over tonite. He decided that he wanted a birthday cake after all. He remembered that I had never missed baking him a cake for his birthday his entire life. I baked it. I hadn't planned on eating any, but he asked me to please have just one small piece and I finally relented. I haven't eaten enough today for it to actually hurt me, so I'm OK with it. I saved 1piece each for Lacy and Shelbey and sent the rest of the cake with Shane to take to work tomorrow. This is a real NSV in disguise for me cause I normally eat 4-5 pieces of stupid cake instead of a tiny 1" x 2" sliver.

After Shane left , I started feeling tearful and depressed. It really sank in that he won't be here for his next birthday, he'll be in Iraq. His going away party is this coming Friday, so please be patient with me while I try to come to grips with this.

I've read everyone's post, but I'm not really thinking clearly to respond right now.

aud
01-29-2008, 03:47 AM
awww c'mere lily :hug: . . . you & shane are in my bedtime prayers tonight - not trying to be political, but it is my heartfelt prayer that we are out of Iraq asap. Holding that thought.

Just popping by b4 bed - took 1/2 a sleeping tablet so somewhat incoherent but just wanted to hug lily & welcome wsmasher!:carrot:

cya in the morning all!

broadabroad
01-29-2008, 04:56 AM
Oh, lily - that must be just heart-wrenching for you.

...I should go to the gym, shouldn't I? I should. Right. Okay. Going. Honestly...

lilybelle
01-29-2008, 07:30 AM
Fay and Aud, thanks so much. I've only had 2 hrs. of sleep tonite, and I'm wide awake having coffee now. DH will get home about 9AM after his week of working night shift, so I'll sleep with him during the day today. Which reminds me, I better grab a shower before he gets here. He might hate for me to be stinky. Lol, probably should change the sheets too since my Lucy keeps hopping in my bed .

wsmasher, welcome to the group. Great group of supportive folks here. I think you mentioned PCOS, I have it too and LC does work best for it.

CrabbyCakes
01-29-2008, 08:18 AM
Oh lily I have a great big :hug: for you too! I can only imagine how you must be feeling, and its hard just doing that. Just remember, even the darkest day is followed by a sunrise. :)

As for me, I woke up with a sore throat. I knew this would happen. My full time job is in a small office with just a few people so there wasn't a big opportunity to get sick. My part time job, however, is working with the public and I think I picked up every germ possible and they are all invading my body simultaneously, ugggggh.

My official weigh-in was this morning and there is no change from two weeks ago :( (skipped last week because of TOM). Honestly though, I am not upset. Not dancing like I would have been if I lost, but I know I wasn't as good as I could have been over the weekend and TOM just left on Sunday so I have a feeling I am still retaining a little water. I'm feeling good about this week so wish me luck!

Broadabroad, I take 'em where I can get 'em too. Don't question it, just go with it, LOL. :D ...oh and I hope you went to the gym!

WeightSmasher, welcome! Just jump right in! We have a great group of women here.

Good luck with the training Amy, can't wait to hear how it goes. I hired a trainer a few years ago and honestly he was terrible. He was totally disinterested in is job (at least apparently where I was concerned) and I was a little pissed I was paying him $40 for the lame "workout" he was giving me. I'd like to try again with someone different, but we'll see.

Speaking of exercise, I've been trying out different workout DVD's from the library and this time around I got a belly dance one. Anyone tried any of these? I haven't yet, but I am interested to hear some other opinions!

Well, I've spewed on long enough! Have a great day ladies!!!

stayincalm
01-29-2008, 10:07 AM
Lily: Your night sounds awful. For most mommiesthat is one of our worst nightmares. I think it is beyond sweet though that instead of going out to party your baby boy wanted to come to you and have you make him a cake and eat it with him. It made me cry. I'm glad your DH will be home today. You need some support on this. It is not something you can just snap out of.

Belly dancing: I saw a video at the thrift store the other day (but for some reason thought 3 bucks was unreasonable for an old VHS). Now I wish I had bought it because I kept thinking my daughter and I woudl have fun doing it.

Fay: I hope you got your work out in. I did not. That vodka and crystal light completely took away my motivation. I must be better tonight. I have not worked out now since last Thursday! Baddddd, Badddd.

I hope all is well today for each of you. I'm off to get DD ready for school. It is "wacky day" so she wants to dress wierd. I'm thinking one of her daddy's shirts with a tie that does match and some leggings cut off with each leg a different lengh. At least we don't have to go through the agonizing ritual of brushing her very thick, very curley hair this morning. It fits into the theme. Especially after she has slept on it. Oh, have to make her lunch as well because she now marks the school calendar and x's out any "gross lunch days". When she was younger she just used to eat whatever they served now it is a whole new ball game.

Love and hugs to all, especially to you Lily!

lynnar
01-29-2008, 10:12 AM
Lily, I can't imagine sending my 20 yo off for a year. We'll all be thinking of you and Shane. Maybe the whole Iraq thing will be over sooner than a year!

I stumbled on the Jimmy Moore website through Skinnydaily.com which was my favorite blog type site for a while. I haven't seen the video's yet. In fact I didn't know about them until I was reading here. I thought last night I would get on the lap top and watch at home (can't get video's to play on my work computer which is actually a good thing since I really shouldn't be watching video's at work). But last night I got home at 7 and vegged out. I thought I was getting sick because I was tired and cold (in spite of 70 degrees in the house), but I feel all right today. I guess I was just tired.

So, Stayincalm, you're an ex-dancer? Did you dance professionally with the emaciated gay men? The studio's my kids have gone to are almost completely female, although when my older DD did The Nutcracker in high school, the girls with solos all had to enlist boys to do the lifting. She was the Dew Drop Fairy and got her boyfriend who is neither emaciated nor gay — just a real nice guy — to be her partner. We still call him the Dew Drop Prince on occasion. Another time they did a ballet that called for everyone to have a partner so they had this whole line of high school boys in tights catching all the girls. I never thought they could make it work, but they did.

I know my DD misses dancing a lot. In fact, I'm sure that's why she's teaching now. Sometimes she gets younger DD to teach her the dances the current high school company is working on. Usually the teachers get the opportunity to do their own solo at recital and I think DD is planning on doing one, but she's gained weight since those Dew Drop Fairy days and she may very well chicken out. I don't think the Dew Drop Prince will be joining her this time. He's a nice guy, but maybe not that nice.

Fay, I bet you're a great teacher. I've always found that teachers who call their class "my kids" are the good teachers! My own children have had some teachers like that and some that just don't seem to like kids very much! You can guess which ones had the most impact on them.

RobinW
01-29-2008, 10:27 AM
Lily :hug: When my stepson was in Iraq we made a point of sending him messages and mail about every other day. It got very hard on my husband....but keeping in contact even if they dont get back to you helps alot. If you like, and Im sure I wont be alone in this offer.....pm those of us willing....your son's info (website, and addy for electronic mail) and we will write to him. What would we write? Oh who knows, but Im sure he would be thoroughly entertained!! :D I'll keep my fingers crossed :crossed: that he gets another delay!

aud
01-29-2008, 12:26 PM
I thought it was the sleeping pill . . . but now see that yes, the phrases "arsing around" & "emaciated gay men" REALLY WERE used in the same paragraph. LOVING The Chat!:rofl:

Worried about beachie on ice get in here woman!

Glad you checked in Amy - my re-dedication to lc wol put me back where I was + a pound. w00t! w/i @ 234 for the Make A Wish Contest at work Friday - could hardly believe I was @ 228 for my ticker changing day Monday!:carrot: Have fun @ the gym - I'm still sore but it's still a "good" sore.

I remember Fat Is A Feminist Issue Fay . . . but not sure I read it - will check it out next time I'm at the used book store - a place I so dearly love. Hope you're having fun at the gym as well!

Sunny but windy out . . . gotta get out in the sunshine . . . have a Terrific Tuesday everyone!:)

beach bum
01-29-2008, 04:00 PM
Hi Ladies:)

The snow:snow4: shoveling pulled out my bad back.I been resting on the sofa this afternoon. Hope it gets better as I have choir rehearsal tomorrow.

Did good with my eating & exercising the last two days.Hopefully at tomorrow's W-I I'll see some good results.

Weightsmasher-Welcome:welcome2: to our thread. You'll find lots useful information on this board. I was low carbing a while back,but now I just watching my carb count & calorie count as well.

BaB-Congrats :carrot:on Maintaining. That better than a gain. It s possibility that it was the sweet & sour sauce and lot of that sodium that gave you some kind of water retention. Drink more water to flush out the sodium.

SC-Thanks:thanks: for your concern,I didn't over due the snow shoveling .MY dh and I took it easy when we shoveled,but this morning my back went out. Going to rest it today and hope I'll be better tomorrow.

LILY-I do understand baking a :hb:cake for him I do that for DS only but I make s/f cookies for him around the Christmas Holiday.He has type 1 diabetes and I don't want him to feel left out. BIG CONGRATS :carrot: for the NSV of not eat more than 1 pc.Oh Lily I know what your going though my DS was in Dessert Storm,and that wasn't the best place to be in either.He & your family are going on my Prayer list tonight.We are here for you so don't stay away too long.

CC-Sorry about your W-I .I sure its water retention as you just getting over TOM. No I never try:belly: belly dancing:belly:is it fun.I try to Hula when I was in Hawaii 2 years ago,but that fell though when I came home. :lucky:Good Luck on your next weigh-in.

AUD-We went outside this morn and the it wasn't as icy :brr: as I expected it to be. I think the sea air on the Cape first melts the ice and than evaporates it into the air. I have some yak tracks to put on the soles of the booths to keep you from falling.Thanks:thanks: for your concern about me.

Have to go,will see you guys tomorrow

lilybelle
01-29-2008, 04:04 PM
My sincere thanks to all of you great ladies for understanding my situation. I can't even think about it without crying. This is the hardest thing I've ever been through and I've been through a lot. I really feel like I'm losing one of my children. My biggest hope in the world is that we'll get a new president and they'll pull our troops home.

Robin, that is the sweetest offer in the world! I'll surely take you up on it. I plan to write him very often and send him care packages.

As for my weight, I'm not too worried about stress eating. I want to be healthy, lean and strong when my son does make it home.

SC, I had to laugh at your "emaciated gay guys" post.

Gotta go cause Dr. Phil show is about a 700 lb. man. For some reason I'll watch anything if it's about weight!

BB, we posted at the same time. But thank you also for your kind words. I am sure since your son was in Desert Storm that you know what emotions I am going through right now. I am happy to know your son made it home safely.

broadabroad
01-29-2008, 07:14 PM
lynnar, you're making me blush here! (And you also made me giggle at the thought of all those macho highschool boys in tights. Bless.)

I did go to the gym! I am made of win!!! Also, I'm finding audiobooks on the iPod an absolute godsend wrt the whole treadmill thing (at this juncture I'm content to just put in half an hour on the treadmill a minimum of 3 times a week, hoping to do more but looking at 3 as what I HAVE to get done. Further down the line I'll be being more ambitious, but at the minute I'm still very much in a GetYourFatAssDownToTheGym mode, where simply going to the gym is an intimidating thing for me, so I figure Go Team Me every time I get there. And the more often I go, the more it'll be part of my routine/not scary. In a couple of months, I'm hoping that I'll be confident enough to start making use of the awesome park around the corner on a regular basis, but for now I'm not too ambitious.)

Belly dancing! Yes, this is GREAT fun. AND, it's a style of dance where having an excess of curves is no bad thing - indeed, super skinny belly dancers don't look as good as the curvy ones. I learned a bit when I lived in Egypt, and I do have a Bellydancing DVD, actually - should dig that out again. That's one of my goals for 2008, actually - there's a lady in town who does classes, and I'd like to build up my body confidence and go see her.

stayincalm
01-29-2008, 08:59 PM
Evening all: It is ten to six here. I do not know whether I am coming or going. I left the office at 4:00 for a 5:30 meeting in another city. I'm sitting in traffic 90% of the way there and realize the meeting is Wed.night not Tuesday night. I thought it was Wed. What a moron. No wonder people were looking at me wierd when I was dashing out of the office. They thought I was just leaving early. Even my assistant didn't ask me, "Where the **** do you think you are going?" Geez. What a moron. I had to call her at 4:45 as I was sitting on the offramp in a different city and cop to the idoicy.

Anywho. Lily: I think Robin wins the award for good ideas. Not only do I want to send Shane letters, I want to send great big fun care packages. Not just cause we dig his mom but because we appreciate the sacrifice he is making with his time and effort. Lynn: Majored in dance in college until the accident with the hope of teaching and working with a local company. Lots of shows and independent stuff before that. How wierd though. Had to switch to acting and technical theatre. Ended up being a much better actor than I ever was a dancer. I was trying to make myself into a dancer even though it never gave me the rush acting ended up giving me. Had great opportunities too. Studied with Jose Quintero and the Royal Shakespeare Company too. Guess what though? Hated the idea of working gig to gig. The acting served me well though. Absolutely NO FEAR of public speaking. Can talk to hundreds and speak in very intimidating cirucmstances and actually enjoy it. Theprinciples were the same. Rehearse till you are almost dead and then creativity and acting occur on top of that when you are so sure of what you are doing that you can work and improvise on the rest. Having a degree in acting was by far the most valuable thing that I got out of my education. It taught me to really study something and take risks. Can't say enough about it. Plus. It is a rush like none other. I so wish I had nights free to pursue it again on a community theatre level. Alas, part of being an adult in a job that pays me very, very well for talking is that my nights are often not my own.

However! I want to try belly dancing. Fay, I'm in there!

ox
SC

p.s. Yes, I will exercise tonight!

Amy On a Mission76
01-29-2008, 10:49 PM
Lili... You and your family in my thoughts and prayers. A very good friend of mine just got back from TX as she was meeting her son coming home after 18 months there. We are here for you.

OKay, so I didn't die, but good grief, I worked muscles that I did not know I had... for over 2 hours. Back again tomorrow! I feel great, but am wiped!

As for what kind of shows I do... I am a Romance Enhancement Consultant. I do in home shows for women and sell everything from lotions to lingerie and all of the fun stuff in between. Been going strong as Dr. Luv for almost 8 years now! Was #1 in the country last March!

Sending love to you all, I am going to crawl up the steps and crash. Have a great night!

broadabroad
01-30-2008, 12:57 AM
Wow - a Romance Enhancement Consultant, Amy? That sounds like a fascinating job! I'd never heard of it!

Stayincalm, I am ALL about the envy. I love acting. Love love love. In another universe somewhere, I hope I'm a professional actor. I did have a crack, actually, at getting into drama school - but that's a story for another time. These days I stick to Am Dram, but I really do love it to bits.

RobinW
01-30-2008, 08:05 AM
The coolest thing happened last night.......I finally figured out how to get photos off my phone and onto my computer!!!! :eek: :cb:

I was trying to take photos of a new sign I was working on yesterday afternoon, because we thought it would be cool to chronicle the making of the sign on our business blog. Well, when I tried our digital camera, I thought it just needed a new battery. :( nope, our camera just quit. So I figured Id give my phone a try. It takes pretty good pictures!! Dug out the instruction manual and got to work.......only took me 2.5 hrs!! :lol: :lol3: :rofl: But I did it!! :cb: Im sure if I would have asked my daugher, it would have a 5 min. job :rolleyes: :lol:

On the diet front? Well, I am eating more carbs, but doing alright. My energy level is finally on the upswing. So, its all good!

Still no exercise, but maybe tonight :)

Lily~ not a problem at all!!! Every little bit of contact back to his homeland will help! My stepson thankfully has not renewed his enlistment, and will be done this march. He was scheduled to go over this fall. Believe he will be fine Lily, and he will :hug:

Have a great day ladies!

stayincalm
01-30-2008, 09:33 AM
Well. Hopped on the scale this morning. Six times. It gave me three readings at 222 and three readings at 223 so I guess I can be confident in saying I have not seen any movement downward in two weeks. I'm either up a pound or unchanged TOM should be out of my system by now (she arrived last Wed. and left town on Saturday). A bit discouraged. Have not wavered off plan. Not even eating nuts or the goodies I'm giving DH.(Of course, that is not really virtue since I don't really like sweets much) Hhhhhmmmm. I have had a glass of wine two times and a cocktail once but I don't think that is it. Have only missed three days of exercise in a month. Drinking between 80 and 128 ounces of water everyday. Down from 6-7 cups of coffee in the morning to only one. Yep. Definitely discouraged. Can't think of what else to cut out. Not eating much cheese. Maybe an ounce or so every three days. I'm even measuring my salad and veggies to make sure it is a total of 2-3 cups. Poured over my food journal, can't find any hidden carbs. OH well. I will stick to it for another week and see what happens. Maybe try the meat only thing I did last week again.

SC:(

beach bum
01-30-2008, 11:23 AM

Expecting a wind storm this afternoon,but the temp are up to 48 degrees.So if any precipitation in the forecast it will be rain. Hopefully will wash the white stuff away.

W-I was this morn and I MAINTAINED .I guess it was bound to happen sometime during my challenge. Not worried as I lost 3 lbs in two weeks. Heres to next week.

LILY-My biggest hope in the world is that we'll get a new president and they'll pull our troops home. I'm wishing that too. Don't worry about you weight,right now you're doing great. Try to keep up with the exercising will help you pull out of the STRESS:stress: MODE.

BAB-If you have a lady that teaches :belly:belly dancing:belly: by all means try it out. It works all the muscles in that general area.Wish I could do that kind of exercise,but I'd turn out my back.

SC-I hope you stayed calm and not gone into stress:stress: mode. Thats happens,at least to me,thinking that one day is another. Hope that you office:gossip: was gentle with you this morning for making that mistake.You could send that story to Reader Digest :books2: and maybe make a few bucks. Don't know what to tell you,Wish I had some magic to help get the scale moving for you again.Maybe you body need to adjust. I saw on the BL last night that the black team [Jillian's] a member had to be eliminated. Jillian said it wasn't the exercising :exercise: as they all worked they're butts off. So she thinking it had to be the calories count. She suggested to the audience to ask their doctor or trainer what calorie range should they use. That could happen to us using too low or to many carbs. Think about that.

AMY -That sounds like a interesting job being a Romance Enhancement Consultant. I would of like doing something like that when I was younger. Congrats:congrat: for being #1 in the country for the last March.

ROBIN-Congrats:congrat: on getting the photos out of your phone.I Don't laugh that it took you 2.5 hours I wouldn't know where to start. My DH does all the computer:comp: and phone things.By the way How many carbs are you eating???? and what kinds of carbs????

Have to go start dinner

lilybelle
01-30-2008, 12:05 PM
SC, that is a humongously sweet, generous offer from you too. When I get my son's address in Iraq, I will let you ladies on LC forum know. I know he'd appreciate hearing from everyone. I feel overwhelmed by everyones kindness.

Amy, hmmmm, Enhancement Consultant. Now that sounds like a job that I would be good at. WTG ,on being #1 last March.

SC, sorry about your frustrating WI. Same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago. I knew I was doing everything right and I gained a lb. I think it happens to all of us sometimes. Our crazy bodies, we just can't force them to always do what we want. I begrudgingly started writing down every bite I take and making sure I didn't go over 1500 cal's daily while also keeping my carbs below 35 and I finally took off another lb. My next WI is coming on Sunday and I'll see if this new, stricter woe is working for me or not. If I don't lose at least a lb. , I'm gonna be finger shakin p@ssed! It may lead to laxative abuse, LOL.

Robin, WTG on figuring how to post pics' from a cell phone. You're more technolgically advanced than I am. My phone has a camera and I've had it for a year and don't even know how to take a pic. LOL. For now, I have Lacy (who to me) is a genius with cameras and phones and computer, to do all my techno work for me!

BB, watch out for the wind storm. I'm still waiting on insurance to get me a new roof after our wind storm yesterday.

lynnar
01-30-2008, 12:55 PM
WI and for me too and I'm exactly the same as last week. I knew being hungry all the time was a bad sign. I've been testing with the key sticks every now and then and I've not seen a positive for about two weeks. I try not to worry too much about that because the positives I got were pretty faint. I was thinking maybe the sticks were defective. So, I guess my next move is to get to Fitday and figure out exactly what I've been doing wrong!!

I haven't been as good as you, SC. I had the cashew incident on Sunday and I probably overdo the cheese. I'll go for a little slice of cheese as a snack at night. I just don't know what else to snack on! And I feel like there are times when I have to put something in my mouth!! I try to avoid extra veggies because I'm trying to keep my carb count very low, although I have been eating celery for the last couple of weeks.

I've also been totally not drinking. Last time I did Atkins I was drinking some-mostly vodka with carb free mixers-and I was pretty sure that stalled me. So I've been very good in that one department.

Lily, I don't know how you can count calories and carbs! That would drive me crazy--too much math. I was really hoping to avoid keeping track of anything, but I guess that's not going to work for me. Also, don't you find yourself tempted to use the low cal version of stuff like sour cream? And then it's not Atkins friendly. If I think too much about all this I just get confused and start craving ice cream or something.

There's a belly dancing class at my gym, but I've never tried it. There's also a new class called cardio salsa which sounds tempting. My problem is scheduling in those late in the day classes. The step class I do is in the morning and I find that easier to schedule around. I never seem to summon up the energy for a DVD at night either. If I don't exercise during the day, I don't exercise!

We had the high winds yesterday and the dramatic temperature drop. We just got a new sign outside the office that has a temperature reading so I checked it about every five minutes yesterday. We went from 62 at 11 a.m. to 30 something at 1p.m. and the teens by the time it was dark. It was kind of scary. No wind damage, luckily. Just lots of leaves in the garage which will soon be tracked into the house. Gotta go, Lynn

RobinW
01-30-2008, 01:09 PM
BB~ Ive added prunes, this super high fibre bread, that is made up of only rye flour, and seeds. One slice is 6grams of fibre. I love it, hubby spit it out lol, he didnt like it. If you like european dense breads you might like it. Ive also added whole wheat pasta, and I bought some ginger snaps to add to my 3pm mid day meal. I have also added fruit...apples and oranges for now. I also buy that carb smart canned fruit. I think thats what it is called, it is made by del monte. Im at about 60grams of carbs a day, give or take. My goal is to keep it under 100 grams with heaps of fibre. It seems to finally make a difference in how I am feeling. Today is the first day I have had any energy in quite a while. I didnt want to crawl back into bed when the alarm went off.

WeightSmasher
01-30-2008, 01:34 PM
I am in the same boat at styncalm :?:!! WI today and stayed at the same exact weight. I was not as good as her though. I did have some no, no's this weekend but I never thought this would stall my weight loss. I told my DH it is not worth it. I have learned my lesson and will stay OP everyday every meal. I go to the gym everyday and drink lots of water and been OP every other day. So no more having fun with food on the weekend. I feel slimmer but in order to feel better I need to see the lbs on the scale go down. :mad:!!

Well, ladies hope everyone is having a happy hump day!!!

aud
01-30-2008, 02:57 PM
I've had those weeks too gals . . . that's why I do measurements to keep my spirit up. I keep them now in the "January Goals" Thread - get the tape out so you'll be able to compare during those weeks the miserable scale won't move! I bet you all are losing inches/gaining lean muscle mass, ya know?

Not a lot of time, but just want to let ya know lily, that of course I will be writing to Shane. Delighted to serve as, you know, sort of an older woman special friend/teacher/mentor/Romantic Enhancement advisor!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so goofy.

I write '07 on all of my paperwork even now January 30th of 2008!

Weather went nutso here yesterday beachie & lynn: Told you I went out with doggie right? Short sleeves - but winds picked up to being high winds - Temp dropped from 73 degrees to 15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MUST share this to die for Tuna Casserole I'm having for dinner (& supper) later with salad - dh hub is now surfing Linda's Low Carb & whipped this puppy up - had a few bites for breakfast and is soooo good. He used "Emeril's Bayou Blast" seasoning along with salt 'n peppa:

http://genaw.com/lowcarb/tuna_casserole_3.html

Gotta run - It's Hump Day (& PAYday for moi) . . . ttyal! :)

countrymom831
01-30-2008, 04:16 PM
Hi ladies,

I am new to your group. I look forward to getting to know you all better.

Aud-- the tuna cassarole looks so good! I will have to try that one night.

I have watched the livin la vida lowcarbman on youtube. I also had the pleasure of meeting JM and his lovely wife. He spoke at my TOPS (Take off pounds sensiby) meeting. I just emailed him and asked and he came. I was suprised. They are the sweetest people you will ever meet.
I watch his youtube videos every week as well as participate on his blog forum.

I am rooting for the Patriots in the superbowl on Sunday. Go Patriots!!

What kind of food will you all be making for the big night?

lynnar
01-30-2008, 04:30 PM
Hi Aud, I'm going to hang on to that thought that my measurements are smaller. I think my pants are less uncomfortable then they were. I think they are. I think they are. The tuna casserole sounds good too. I printed it out for future reference. Right now I guess I'll stay on my lower than usual induction plan. I did lose ten pound before the plateau. And I don't think it's that I'm eating too little....
Hello Countrymom, Welcome. I always thought the TOPS groups sounded interesting but I've never invested the time. I did Weight Watchers meetings for a while, but back then I had to chose to go to the gym or the meeting on my lunch break and that didn't make much sense.
I'm escaping for the Superbowl. I'll be with my two daughters at a dance competition, but my dh has been talked into hosting a party without me. It will be interesting to see what he serves!! I don't plan on doing any of the food since I'm leaving on Friday. I'll be back early enuf on Sunday to see the end of the game and the remains of the food! If I watched football, I'd probably be a patriots fan since I grew up in Rhode Island, but I think DH is on the other side...

lilybelle
01-30-2008, 04:44 PM
Lynnar, please don't try to follow me on how I'm trying to take off the lbs. I am one big ball of confusion. I am keeping cal's under 1500 and like I said I keep carbs at 35 or lower. But, I do eat a lot of fruit and only count each serving of fruit as 10 carbs. So, actually I cheat! But, this works for ME, this is how I lost all my weight! I still don't eat potatoes, pasta, rice , sugar, flour as this would be too much cheating even for me, LOL. I am definitely not an Atkins purist, but I'm sure I eat way fewer carbs than the general public.

Aww, Aud, thanks for your support of my son and our family.

countrymom, Welcome to our group! I'm rooting for the Patriots too!

stayincalm
01-30-2008, 05:19 PM
I love the Gang! It didn't take me long to pull out of my funk. Even if I am disappointed. I'm someone who has to have a plan for frigging everything or I go nuts so here is my plan. Even though I HATE the scale because I'm scared it will freak me out, I don't want to waste chunks of time (the weeks between weigh ins) trying to figure out what is stalling me. As of this morning I cut out all caffine (even though it was only my one cup in the morning I'm switching to decaf) and all cream (even though that was only what I put in my coffee in the morning). For the next week I'm cutting out all veggies, limiting greens to two cups of salad daily and not touching any alcohol. THEN...DRUM ROLL...I'm going to weigh myself every frigging morning and every evening . That should help me to figure out what is stalling me and I won't waste time waiting for the next wiegh in. Lordy. I feel like a scientist.

tee hee

lilybelle
01-30-2008, 06:31 PM
SC, WTG on figuring out a plan for you. Let us know how it works. Personally, I just weigh myself once a week. I get too dang mad at the scale to weigh everyday. Most of the ladies in the Maintainers forum that I post in weigh themselves everyday. I will say that I've tried to go a month between WI's and Ummm, that wasn't such a good idea, LOL. Oh, as far as giving up coffee, I could easier give up food.

Heres hoping that my Size 4 jeans fit comfy again soon cause these 5's are so baggy I look like I've pooped my diaper. LOL.

WeightSmasher
01-30-2008, 09:07 PM
I too have come up with a new plan to take this weight off. I think Iwas eating too many carbs. I am cutting some out and eating more protein. Also, I am limiting to one piece of fruit a day. I was eating two, it might be to much for me. I will continue to WI once a week. Hope this works!!

Ladies reading all your posts is great gives me great inspiration.

SoulBliss
01-30-2008, 09:22 PM
Hey, Ladies (And Gents, if there are any)...I would like to know what your personal carb gram ranges are that you keep within.

I eat only vegan foods but have cut out all concentrated carbs. My levels have been around 20-40 a day and I am in ketosis, according to the Ketostix. Do you use these?

Other than Atkins and South Beach, what are y'all doing? Are there any vegetarian low carbers here?

Thanks!

stayincalm
01-31-2008, 12:02 AM
Welcome to the new ladies and I'm glad our collective moanin and a groanin provides some inspiration. I have been more whiner than motivator so I will try to do better. I'm not a good judge of carb ranges right now because my ketostix have been turning pretty dark the entire month and I stay at 20 carbs or less and between 900 and 1100 calories. BUT I am in a two week stall (if you read my recent posts) and know it must be my fault and not something wrong with the eating plan. I think collective thought I've picked up across the boards is that you should probably pick a formal plan and stick to it for awhile. If it doesn't work and you have been doing it by the book switch to another one. Once you have finished the introductory phase or phases of the plan you chose then you can start kind of playing with foods you can and cannot tolerate and the number of carbs you can really tolerate while losing and later on just to maintain. My personal opinion of free styling it is that you can easily get discouraged as the weeks pass and things are not working out. With something structured, be it Atkins or Southbeach or whatever you can always go back to your introductory phase for awhile and then build to see where you are going wrong...in theory anyway.

That is my two cents from the whiney gal who left a "poor me" post this morning.

PS to all: As soon as I got home from a meeting a few minutes ago (9:01 p.m. my time) I stripped and got on the scale as promised. 222. At least it wasn't jumping between 222 and 223 like it was this morning. I'm actually grateful.

Peace out.
SC

Bouncing
01-31-2008, 01:04 AM
Awwww, you guys, it's good to be back. Now I'm all motivated. I'm gonna start writiing down every bite again, explore belly dancing dvds, get a used copy of Fat is a Feminist Issue, go hug my jeep again, and, um, um, get a friend to take a picture of me. I can't think of a way to get the whole body in the shot -- I need twenve-foot arms.

Every day I seem to be eating something off plan. Yesterday it was organic peanut butter. Today it was 2 cookies. Tomorrow it is going to be NOTHING OFF PLAN. I'll report in.

Love,

SoulBliss
01-31-2008, 01:23 AM
Stayincalm, thanks for your response.

broadabroad
01-31-2008, 04:56 AM
Aw, you guys, I'm so sorry you've got plateaus going on - but Go Team, with the plan-making! Good on you both!

Welcome aboard, Countrymom, SoulBliss!

SB, wrt your question: I'm only onto my 4th week of Low Carbing (and my 3rd week of Atkins) but I'm trying to stay at no more than 20 carbs, at the minute. I'm not counting calories right now - but I'm entering everything I eat into Fitday.com religiously, and I have to say that that site really is made of awesome! Love it!

I'm pretty much staying with Induction for the moment, but I may want to add in legumes after a while - so much nicer to be able to put kidney beans in one's chili, after all. But I've got a shedload of weight to shift, so I'm going to give the Atkin plan a bloody good go.

Although I didn't lose last week I'm still feeling very positive about losing in general - I've been going over to the threads with people's Before Goal and After Goal pictures, and reading their weightloss stories, and that is just tremendously inspiring. And I'm making plans for myself too - one of my colleagues, who's really All About The Health, is being so encouraging to me, and I really do appreciate it - she's very Sex In The City, and she LOVES her shoes. I mentioned to her the other day that it had occured to me that once I lose enough weight, I'll be able to wear heels, rather than my ubiquitous flats - and she's all about getting me some heels for once I've lost 25lb! And another colleague is going running in the park nearby, and going and doing the aerobics classes they have in the park, and I'm going to go with him next Wednesday and join in, insh'allah. That's my game plan, anyway.

I'm going along to audition for the Fringe festival of my wee drama group on Monday. I'll definitely get something, because EVERYONE gets a part - and also, although I wince at how conceited this sounds, I am quite good. (God. God, that makes me sound like the Ego Queen, doesn't it? But I know it's one of the things I do well, and I do enjoy the **** out of it.) Anyway, yes - the performance will be March 20th. Now I was in our production of A Christmas Carol back in November, and when I saw the photographs and the DVD I just could have wept, because I looked like The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man's Victorian sister. Ack. Anyway, I'm determined that in the photos for the next thing I'm in, whatever the **** it is, I will NOT feel so humiliated by the photographs. It's 7 weeks - if I stay on-plan I could have lost a stone in that time. (14lb) That would just ROCK.

Today the staffroom was caketastic, because one of our Teaching Assistants was leaving, so there was cake. Looked like nice cake too, but I genuinely wasn't at all tempted. Actually, so far I haven't been at all tempted by cakes or cookies or icecream or what have you. I'd quite like to be able to have fruit sometimes - I walk past dozens of stalls selling fresh fruit on my way home, and I do think that (further down the road) buying fresh pineapple shouldn't be a terrible thing to do. (I *am* heartened to realise that I can factor in strawberries if I want to, since they're in season at the moment. Maybe I'll buy some and freeze them, for later use in smoothies and things? Hmm.) Anyway, yes - there was a whopping great big chocolate cake, slabs of pound cake, lots of fresh fruit, cheese and crackers - and I found it easy enough to resist all the bad stuff. I did have several pieces of cheese, though - and, man, it was DELICIOUS.

...You know, I've been to the gym already and I'm almost tempted to go to the park for a walk. But I don't think I'm quite brave enough to do that. I could maybe do it in normal clothes, though - I feel very self-conscious in my gym gear - it's so pathetic, you know? 'Look, I'm fat! Here I am, being fat, with petentions of health!' I'd rather just be well dressed, on the whole.

(Um - I pretty much DON'T ever dress down. The gym is the only circumstance in which you will catch me wearing a T shirt. You know Anna Leonowens, the Victorian governess in 'The King and I'? I'm kind of more going for that look, on the whole - lots of ankle length skirts and big hats. My sartorial mission statement is anything but subtle.)

aud
01-31-2008, 05:06 AM
Ahhhhhhhh . . . what a great read - hiya soulb - good to cya!:hug:

'Night fay . . . enjoyed seeing you here in the Wee Hours . . . I'm passing out facedown on the keyboard now . . . ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:dizzy:

Talk to everyone after coffeecoffeecoffee later . . . I'm with you lily - could NEVAH give up!

CrabbyCakes
01-31-2008, 10:29 AM
Good Morning!

Sounds like a lot of us are having plateau issues :?: I know I am. My official WI was Tuesday and there was no change from my last one and today I weighed myself and I was still exactly the same! To the ounce even! UGH! Sooo like a lot of you, I will be looking very carefully at my diet. In my case I know that my problem is that I have let my carbs creep up to 30-40 mostly being "good" carbs, but a couple slips here and there. Time to buckle down because I really want to see a loss next Tuesday! :goodscale

Well ladies, I am sick and working from home today so I guess I had better get to it!

stayincalm
01-31-2008, 10:31 AM
Aud: Wee hours is right. I just popped up at 7:26 here. Late rise. I hate that. Now I only have 1/2 an hour to get DD fed, showered, dressed, lunch made, animals fed and same for me. Panic!!! Fay: I think your life and hobbies sound lovely and you are right about acting. Its the bomb Go You! I wish I dressed a little bit more like Deborah Kerr and a little bit less like fat lady with only 3 pairs of pants that fit right now. I did wear heels yesterday though (due to having a meeting). For the first time in an long time I was not dying to take them off and they seemed to be fitting looser.

This morning: 222 (still). Going out to dinner with my groovin' boss and his partner tonight but we are going to a steak joint so that is cool

Best to all today. Keep smilin'

SC

RobinW
01-31-2008, 10:35 AM
Im here........super busy today!!

Welcome to the new girls!!! :cheer:

Im off to get an order done and out of here for tomorrow so I can have both saturday and sunday off!!

Have a great day ladies!!

JerseyGyrl
01-31-2008, 11:00 AM
SoulBliss,

I've been on Atkins nearly 4 years (April), lost the weight in a little over a year and have been maintaining since.

My carb count is normally between 25-35 per day. I concentrate mainly on veggies & salad. I eat a lot of chicken, fish, turkey burgers as well as occasional beef & pork. I eat low carb/low sugar yogurt daily as part of my breakfast. I occasionally eat nuts...natural almonds or walnuts. I enjoy blueberries occasionally. I avoid bread, potatoes, rice, pasta, sugar, white flour, caffeine. I also avoid "low carb" & "sugar-free" treats...candy, jello, pudding, dreamfields pasta, crystal light, etc., etc., etc. Sugar alcohols are pure EVIL! I drink a lot of water (usually 12-14 glasses per day). I also drink decaf herbal tea or decaf green tea.

For me, Atkins has been a total lifestyle change and when done correctly, it does work!

lynnar
01-31-2008, 11:37 AM
Snow day! No school, but here I am at work. Is that fair? I actually came in late and almost didn't make it. There's only about an inch of wet snow and I am from the Northeast, so I drove in. We live about 20 mins out of town. It's hilly around here, there are few snow plows here and I drive a little car, so it might have been better to stay put! I managed to slip up the one big hill and down the other side and I made it to work. I'll end up leaving early too because if all this mush freezes after dark, it will be way slippery. But with half the town and all the schools closed, there's not much to do here at work anyway.

For Soul Bliss, I'm doing Atkins Induction for the fifth week now. My goal is to stay around 10-15 carbs a day, always including one salad. That's lower than it has to be, but it seems to work for me. I know the rest of my carbs, besides the salad, do not come from the best sources. They include cream in the coffee (bad) and slices of cheese, but I can usually stay in that range without feeling completely deprived. I lost 10 pounds the first three weeks and am now stuck on the dreaded plateau, but I cheated a little last week so what can I say?

I use the keysticks, but I can't quite trust them. For one thing, I'm negative a lot more than I'm positive and my positives are very faint. Sometimes I think I can tell when I'm in Ketosis by the taste in my mouth and the way I feel, but I'm never really sure. I wish the Keysticks were a little more definitive, but I think that's one of those things that's different for everyone. Other people on this thread have better results with the sticks.

Fay, I know a lot of people in our local drama group (although I'd rather die then be on stage myself!) and I can see how much they enjoy it. They'll get going on a production and it's like a second full time job for the performers, but they love it. I'm a little jealous! but things like public speaking and (OMG) acting, just aren't for me. I guess that's one reason I let my daughers continue dance even when it got very expensive and time consuming. I'd love for them to be able to perform and speak in front of audiences even if I can't. It does impact my career in ways I never imagined. I'm pretty sure my older DD (who will graduate from college this year) won't have that particular handicap.

Gotta get some stuff done so I can think about heading home. See you all later, Lynn

stayincalm
01-31-2008, 12:53 PM
Quick Good News:

This is gross but I have to share. I weighed this morning literally the second I got out of bed. After I logged out this morning I did my business (which usually happens after my cup of coffe...even decaf coffee), took my shower and jumped on the scale again. I got 3 consistent readings of 219. I'm hopeful this remains the same over the next few days(I want to make sure it has gotten down to that number before I change my ticker).

I did do something different starting on Tuesday that I forgot to tell everyone about. DH bought some expensive supplement a couple of months ago that I found in the cupboard. I looked at it and it had some of the supplements recommended for low carb so I started taking it. It is supposed to be taken 3 times a day but I can only take it once. Somethings about vitamens and supplements make them very hard for me to swallow. My throat just closes up. I have been able to take the vitamens I bought for a week because I super charge some water with True Lemon and that seems to help me swallow them down. Anyway. That may have had something to do with getting a whoosh. It is called Miracleburn (for what its worth but it is probably the combination of some of the supplements recommended by Atkins that may have helped me rather than this product). Here is what is in it:

Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCL) 48mg
Biotin 3 mg
Chromium 168 mcg
Iodine 63 mcg
Proprietary Blend 1695 mg
Glucomannan
Bitter Orange
Yerba Mate
White Willow Bark Extract
Apple Cider Vinegar
Cascara Sagrada
L-Carnitine
Senna
Potassium

Peace Out.

SC

lilybelle
01-31-2008, 12:57 PM
Hi ladies, it looks like everyone's tweaking plans to try to get these extra lbs. off. I am too. My official WI isn't til Sunday, but my clothes fit looser and my tummy is starting to feel/look flatter. When I have a gain , I can always tell it right in my gut.

Fay, WTG on the theatrical plans. I was in plays in high school and college but never pursued it any further. Plus, it's perfectly OK to say you are good at it. That's not bragging. We should all be proud of ourselves for the areas that we excel in. I had one thing I was very good at. I was great at starting IV's. Local hospitals would call me in to put in IV's (especially in babies) when noone else could get them in. I was proud of my skill and you should be too.

My insurance adjustor hasn't came to look at my roof yet. I'm hoping we don't end up with a leak. Forecast today says to expect 4 inches of snow.

SC, WTG. LOL at your post. Hmmm, maybe I should have weighed this morning after I did my business. Maybe those supplements will help you, keep us posted. Unfortunately I'm severely allergic to iodine! (which really sucks cause I can never eat seafood again and I used to tear up those crab legs cause they were low carb).

Puncezilla
01-31-2008, 03:27 PM
Hi ,
Just stoping in for a quick hello. I'm finaly back below the 200 mark, I was hoping to be back to my ticker weight befor my B-day (31 this saterday) doesn't look like that will happen.

SC, congrats on your loss, I just wanted to share this link with you. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/bitter-orange/AN01218 Yerba mate is also a stimulant simmilar to caffeine but milder.

I quit drinking coffee everyday but still have it as a treat one day a week , usualy sunday morning.

Soulbliss, What kind of vegan foods do you eat to keep your carbs so low?
I'm trying to folow atkins as closely as possable, keeping my carbs below 20gr.

I hope you get a great part Fay! I'm with lynnar, I'd rather die than be on stage in front of a large group of people.

beach bum
01-31-2008, 03:27 PM

Cold out,but we have to head out to Wal-Marts to pick up some vitamins & some supplements.Along going there,I have to get to the Health food store and pick up protein shake powder, to make my Protein pancakes & one Min. muffins,and of course for my mid afternoon Shake.Protein is what fills me up along with high fiber.

:welcome2:WELCOMETO ALL THE NEW LADIES ON THIS THREAD :welcome2:

ROBIN-Thanks for your carb input. Never thought about adding fruit like prunes back into my diet.I use Metamucil for my fiber intake.

WeightSmasher--I too have come up with a new plan to take this weight off. I think Iwas eating too many carbs. I am cutting some out and eating more protein.
Funny that you mention that,as I have to add more carbs to move my ticker downward.The 3 lb weight loss from last week and the week before.I maintained this week. I'm going to experiment on my carb intake.I think my maintain was caused by bringing my carbs count down to the 100 grams instead of the 125 grams when I lost weight. So I'm going to try the 125 again as see what happens on the scale.

Soul Bliss-I started Atkins 2 years ago & was on Induction for 2 weeks and the carbs were too low,I started to cheating. I even took more protein to weired off the carbs.It didn't help. I discussed it with my doctor,and he told me to stay with Induction as he believed I was carb sensitive. I went out of the Induction phase and started the OWL[onward weight loss]adding 5 grams per week now I up to 100-125 and notice like I mentioned to WS that I loss when having 125 higher part of my carb range than the lower part.YOU MUST FIND YOUR OWN BALANCE START SLOWLY ON THE CARBS[VEGGIES & SALAD]THAN WORK UP TO OTHER CARBS 5 grams at a time. It took me 5 mouths to work up to 100 grams. Thats my experience hope that helps.

SC-I notice you said 900 -1100 calories per day isn't that too low. I'm on calorie counting but my range is 1200 to 1500 calories per day,but my average for the week ends up at 1300
-1400 Maybe that why your stalling on the scale you might be in the starvation mode..I agree with BaB your carbs are too low, along with your calories.

BOUNCY-Glad you back with is we missed you.That great that you will make use you stay OP.and being here with is to check in.

CC-Don't be upset on the maintain,I believe you all doing something right but it takes that bod to rest before the the next weight loss. I think that most of you will have to lower your carbs as your new to this WOE by me being on low carbing for 2 years have to up my carbs to keep me ticker moving downward instead of stalling like it did last year.

LILYYou'll probably lose on Sundays
W-I. Measurements are another way to tell if your on the right track.

lilybelle
01-31-2008, 04:47 PM
BB, I think you must have sent the snow and ice my way. It's snowing like crazy with sleet mixed in. My insurance adjustor just called and due to our weather here, he won't be out til next Wednesday. He did say that to go ahead and buy tarps to put on the roof and they will reimburse us.

Natalie03
02-01-2008, 03:21 AM
Hello all! :D I'm only on my sixth day of (re)induction and I'm seriously dreading Sunday!!! I'm going to a Superbowl party, which I already know is going to be stocked with pizza, chips, beer, and pie... and little else! Ugh... I don't know what to do. I've been struggling with getting this induction going already, and I keep going back and forth on whether to just try to eat a big meal before the party and hold out on everything there, (This party wil last for at least 4 or 5 hours, mind you) or to go ahead and eat and start back up on Monday. I'm soooo tempted. I really feel awkward about explaining the situation to my hosts (i.e. explaining why I'm not eating anything or asking them to provide low carb options). Ahhh, I don't know what to do!!!

broadabroad
02-01-2008, 03:32 AM
Welcome aboard, Natalie! Crumbs, you poor soul - it sounds like your Superbowl thingy is going to be carb purgatory! BUT the good thing is that you know it's going to happen, so you can plan ahead.

I say (1) have something really filling before you go. (2) DON'T expect to hold out and eat nothing - I think that's probably asking a bit much. But take your own stuff instead - you can take yummy chicken drumsticks/chicken wings as a contribution to the feast, or ribs, or satay, or cheese-cubes-on-sticks. People who are giving parties are NEVER pissed off about people bringing some kind of contribution, so if you'd rather not tell them that you're on Atkins, you can just say you brought some stuff to share, as a thank you for them hosting you all. Have a diet soda/glass of ice water at your hand THE WHOLE DAMN TIME and any time someone offers you something tempting, say 'not right now' and neck the drink. And give yourself five minutes. And if you're still hungry after five minutes, you go sink your teeth into some chicken.

Seriously - you can pig out on meat/chicken stuff, and it's on-plan. And it will be filling you up and making you less inclined to fancy the chips and things.

This is my third week, and I've had a couple of occasions along these lines where I've had people chowing down on cakes/pizzas/chips/whatever - but I just kept my mind fixed on the fact that if I had to choose between the yummy chips OR losing weight - it's no contest. I want to lose weight. Bugger the chips. Did you check out the threads with people's pics from before and after goal, or their weightloss stories? I'm finding that helps me to stick to my guns in the face of temptation - because it brings it home to me that actually THIS IS TOTALLY DOABLE. And I want to do it. I want to be that person. I'm excited just looking in the mirror and imagining the thinner me - imagining the changes to my jawline, my belly, my thighs, my hips - imagining that new silhouette that I AM going to get, that I'm actively creating right now.

...er, sorry, didn't mean to get all peptalky - and heaven knows, I'm only in my 3rd freaking week. But I'm determined to do this thing.

So, yeah - take yummy food that's on plan with you as a contribution, that's my suggestion. Who's going to be pissed off about a guest arriving with a stack of chicken wings or a selection of yummy cheeses? Nobody, surely?

Either way - best of luck, love!

RobinW
02-01-2008, 08:31 AM
Good Morning

Faye~ getting all pep-talky is wonderful!!!! I love your new photo, your tattoo looks beautiful.

BB~ I use a fibre supplement in my morning protein shake too, but the fibre helps to slow down the carb absorption in other foods. So I have been trying to get more in.

Things are good here, yesterday was super busy...with another super busy day today. But I thought Id pop in here before I got to the shop.

We have freezing rain today, ontop of the inch of snow that fell over night. Hopefully that will all be melted by later this afternoon. I have to deliver all those shirts I did yesterday.

Im feeling so mch better!! Getting lots of sleep and eating pretty darn good!! :cb: :cb:

Have a great day ladies!

Amy On a Mission76
02-01-2008, 08:36 AM
Just checking in with everyone! Hope everyone is having a great day and has a great weekend.

I did my WI and I am still 229. Bummer! But I am wondering if it not muscle weight as I have been doing a lot of weight training and cardio. I am still on plan, I think I might not be eating enough, I am just not hungry. But I am trying to more mindful of making sure I eat at least 3 times a day.

Any ideas on breakfast that does not involve eggs or meat? I love meat and eggs!!! But... I am just so not wanting to eat anything heavy in the AM. Today I had some celery and cheese and that was okay.

Okay ladies, have a great day!

CrabbyCakes
02-01-2008, 08:43 AM
Good morning! I'm such a happy camper this morning. After b*tching and moaning about maintaining yesterday I decided to buckle down and really watch what I eat and keep out and erroneous carbs and (drumroll...) I am down 1.6 lbs from yesterday!!! Now, I admit this could be that last little whoosh of water left over from TOM, but I don't care! I don't care if it was dry skin I sloughed off in the shower, LOL. It's gone and off of me and therefore off of my scale! :carrot:

SoulBliss - Hi there! To answer your question I started off with a carb count around 20g per day and after 2 weeks I went up to 30-45 and my weight loss stalled (well that and TOM didn't help I suppose), but now I am taking it back to apprx. 20 and that seems to be working. Hope that helps!

lynnar - Be careful in that weather, ugh! After a visit home to Wisconsin this past Christmas and sliding off the road and getting stuck for 4 hours I am PETRIFIED to drive in icy weather. Which is pretty sad because like I said, I am FROM Wisconsin, :o .

lilybelle - OMG I don't know what I would do if I couldn't eat seafood. Especially since living in MD they put it in damn near everything! Crab stuffed this, shrimp that... I would probably eat it without knowing and go into anaphylactic shock! I'm guessing this is something that happened in adulthood?

beachbum - Thank you so much for the words of encouragement. I've mustered up some extra determination. For the first time in many years of trying to change my WOE I don't feel as if giving up is an option and I don't think about the fact that I can't go back to the way I used to eat and thats a BIG step for me!

Natalie - I'm with Fay. Bring something along. Luckily there are plenty of low carb options that make great party food: wings, veggie tray and dips, etc. Get your Martha Stewart on girl! LOL ;)

broadabroad - Is that your tattoo??? If so, it's GORGEOUS! I am so jealous!

EVERYONE - I am curious to know if anyone else is counting calories along with carbs and if so what your magic number is and how did you determine it?

Have a great day ladies!

Amy On a Mission76
02-01-2008, 08:48 AM
Congrats Crabby!!!

beach bum
02-01-2008, 09:56 AM

Another cloudy day ahead of us .A thunderstorm might be here this afternoon,but DH thinks is going up the 195 corridor.

MY DH watching Tiger on the golf station he in Dubai Africa,while I'm on the computer posting to your guys.

LILY-I can't believe all the snow your getting down south. Hope the insurance adjuster will be able to come on Wed and give you guys an estimate. That horrible that you have to wait so long.

NATALIE-Welcome:welcome2: to the thread Ugh!! as Super Bowl Party just in the middle of your induction. I feel for you,I'd just eat a little at home than when you get there stay away from the carbs munch on protein instead,and if they don't have protein bring some along and have that.

ROBIN-I take a fiber sup 15 mins before each meal,either is I have a carbs or not. I find eating low carb I not get the proper amount of fiber in with out it.

AMY-But I am wondering if it not muscle weight as I have been doing a lot of weight training and cardio.Its a possibility that with your weight training & cardio water is trapped in the joints ,but will release soon,espeically if your eating OP.Don't stub MAINTAINING as it wasn't a gain. Be patient it will flush out.

CC -Glad I could help,You sound like you have a good plan,of staying with this WOE and not giving up,you will be a winner at the end. WTG

Have a nice morning

JerseyGyrl
02-01-2008, 10:24 AM
Any ideas on breakfast that does not involve eggs or meat? I love meat and eggs!!! But... I am just so not wanting to eat anything heavy in the AM. Today I had some celery and cheese and that was okay.

What about Mock Danish with Cinnamon Glaze?:) http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/mock_danish.html
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/cinnamon_glaze.html Or Revol-oopsie rolls http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/bestever_revoloopsie_rolls.html Easy oven pancakes http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/easy_oven_pancakes.html Tuna Muffins http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/tuna_muffins.html Ham & Swiss Skillet http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/ham&swiss_skillet.html Ham Muffins http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/ham_muffins.html

JerseyGyrl
02-01-2008, 10:44 AM
Natalie,

Bring something you can eat. There are plenty of low carb dishes out there you can bring to parties & get togethers that others will also enjoy & not even realize they're eating low carb:)

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/deep_dish_pizza.html
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/quesadilla_quiche.html
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/jalapeno_poppers.html
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/korean_meatballs.html
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/antipasto_salad.html
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/appetizer_meatballs.html
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/cheesecake_squares.html
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/cinnamon_splenda_nuts.html

lilybelle
02-01-2008, 12:11 PM
Hi ladies,

CC, yes, I had an anaphylactic reaction to crab legs and shrimp about 3 yrs.ago. I almost died and the Dr.'s said I would die if I ever ate it again. I loved seafood, but I sure won't ever eat it again. In fact, I'm super careful to avoid it. DH loves Red Lobster and I always am afraid to eat there cause I don't know if my grilled chicken might touch a spot where the seafood was cooked. Also, I am counting cal's and watching my carbs at the same time. I don't think I've found my magic numbers just yet. The calorie counter thing says I can eat 1934 cal's a day and maintain my weight. I eat 1400-1500 max and am trying to lose 1 lb. a week. Currently I'm 2 lbs. over my goal weight, so trying to get these other 2 lbs. off. I'd actually like to see my wt. at 135 lbs. someday, but that may take me years! LOL, maybe when I'm 80 yrs. old I will see my magic weight of 135 lbs. again.

Fay, I agree with the other. Taking along some hot wings and cheese cubes to munch on is a great idea. I hate to go places and there be nothing acceptable for me to eat. Then I end up feeling deprived if I forego the treats.

BB, we got 3 inches of snow. It was great, but it's all starting to melt now and it's all mushy outside.

Tonite is my son's going away party. I gotta get busy on cleaning the house cause lots of friends and family are coming over.

daizylin
02-01-2008, 12:35 PM
Hi fellow LCers :) I am new to the forum, but not to LC. (Just that I have been eating horribly lately!!) I look forward to getting to know some of you!

stayincalm
02-01-2008, 01:08 PM
Good News: Quickly dashing in here. Remained jumping between 219 and 218.5 this morning. Will wait to change my ticker down until it holds for another day or so though.

SC

Amy On a Mission76
02-01-2008, 01:34 PM
Thanks Jersey!

WeightSmasher
02-01-2008, 01:42 PM
Good morning everyone :D it's friday:carrot:!!!

So glad to see everyone is doing great. I have been feeling a lot better with my little changes here and there to stop the plateu. I am feeling lighter each day. I don't dare weigh myself unless it is WI day. Hopefully, I will have a good number when I WI next Wednesday. I am not looking forward to Super Bowl, I have been preparing mentally so that I don't eat anything that is not on plan. I plan to work out extra hard that morning and take food that is only OP, I hope we can all make it through and eat OP. It is just not worth it to me anymore, I want to see the numbers on the scale go down.

I wish everyone a great weekend and remember to relax and take some time off for you!!

JerseyGyrl
02-01-2008, 01:43 PM
Thanks Jersey!

My pleasure:)

lynnar
02-01-2008, 01:55 PM
Hello, I've just been to Walmart to stock up for the dance weekend. My junk food has gotten strange lately! I had to buy the chips for the two dancers (DD22 and DD15), but I wanted to have something for myself for breakfast. I've never found a LC fast food breakfast! Especially since I can't eat eggs. I ended up buying a bag of steak strips ready for frajitas. The girls will think I've lost my mind! I have some cheese sticks too and some flavored water and just plain bottled water.
I may be home in time for the tail end of DH's superbowl party so I'll have the same food temptations, Natalie. I'll probably go with celery sticks as a diversion, but I do love chicken wings! I don't see myself making a batch after driving home from the dance weekend though. I know DH is plannng on chili and hot dogs for the party. But there'll also be lots of chips and lots of beer. I miss beer!!!
Lily, my sympathy on the seafood problem. I have a bit of a problem with shrimp, but it doesn't put me into shock. It only upsets my stomach (just like eggs) and only if it's a lot of shrimp on an empty stomach. The worst time was last Superbowl weekend! We were in Vegas and never quite got around to eating dinner. So we went to the 99 cent shrimp cocktail place and I ate several. Along with a couple of margaritas and maybe a beer or two. I was so sick that night I swore I'd never eat shrimp again, but of course, I have. I've also had some margaritas and beer, but not lately!! I love seafood-it goes back to my Rhode Island roots- not too far from Beachie!
Everyone be good. I'll have my laptop and lots of time to kill this weekend. (You can only watch so much dance!) so I may be in touch. Actually that will be a good time for me to investigate the advanced options. Maybe find out about adding a ticker! See ya, Lynn

beach bum
02-01-2008, 02:27 PM
I Want To Let You Know That I'm Starting Another Exercising Thread For The Month Of February. Give Me Time To Set It Up. Thanks

Hugs :) Bb

Natalie03
02-02-2008, 12:42 AM
Great superbowl party ideas, ladies! Thanks! My hosts' plans have changed a little, and they're going to be having tacos in addition to pizza. I think I can work with tacos. I may still have to bring a little something else. The ideas sound too good. :D

broadabroad
02-02-2008, 08:54 AM
Welcome, Daizy!

Glad you like the tattoo, Robin & CC! I love it to pieces! Although the photo is deceptive - I took it with my MacBook's wee camera, which reverses things, mirror-style - it actually crosses my back from my right shoulder to my left hip. It's sharpened to a quill point, because I do love to write. It's my own design, based on a feather I bought from the Weekend Market here in Bangkok, and the tattoo artist traced it onto my skin and copied it perfectly - the colouring is fantastic, imho, although of course one can't see the details on the avatar! I chose this as my design because (1) I love to write; (2) I love the brightness and brio and brilliance and decadence and panache associated with peacock feathers, and my own style of dressing does tend towards bright colours and shiny things; (3) it's a feather, thus associated with flight - and I'm all about being footloose and fancy free. What sealed it for me, though, was that some weeks after I'd decided this would be an awesome design I was on holiday in India with a friend. As we were driving towards the Taj Mahal a wild peacock flew across our path, trailing this great swathe of tailfeathers behind it - it was just spectacular, and I pretty much figured that was the universe saying "Go for it!"

And beyond that, I think it signified a mental shift for me - because rather than thinking "Oh, I can't do that because I'm too fat, and one day I'll magically be thin" I thought "This is the body I have. No magic fairy is going to give me a new body. I need to stop putting things off."

And it's the only thing about my body that I just love. It makes me smile. (And the design is one which I think should be pretty damn forgiving of weightloss [or, God forbid, gain] - it doesn't matter which way the damn thing is wiggling!)

Natalie (and anyone else walking into Temptation with the whole Superbowl thing) - best of luck! Don't deny yourself - just stick to proteins and you should be good.

Great to hear about people's weightloss! Keep at it, ladies!

Lily, I hope the party goes well. I can't imagine the headspace you're in right now.

I am in SUCH a sunny mood today! I got up early, went to the gym for half an hour, was going to go for a swim and then saw the time and hurried up and made brunch instead (steak with a fried egg on top, with a little side salad) and then went off across town to hook up with a colleague and go on a recce of 'The Children's Discovery Museum', where we're taking 40 kids on Tuesday. It was awesome! Should be a fun trip. And then we went shopping, and I scored a lovely new hat (broad brimmed and black, with some dark green flowers - I have several ensembles it will complement very nicely) and 4 jars of scented candles (cookie, mocha, cappucino and coconut) - because yummy candles are carb free treats! And I bought some coffee beans from Costa Rica, even though I rarely drink coffee these days - in fact I don't think I've had any since I started Atkins. But I've not "cut it out" in any official way, and the occasional cup of coffee is a very nice thing.

AND I hopped on the scales first thing, and just now (7.40pm) and both times the scales indicate that I'm down 2lb from last week. Which they've been saying for a couple of days now. But my official WI isn't until Monday...still, it's very cheering, and all motivational and stuff.

Today, while shopping, I was looking at everything with new eyes. I was looking at fabulous shoes, and looking at clothes, and looking at girls who walked by, and thinking "I'm going to have all these things to choose from. I'm going to have a figure like that - but I'm going to value it in a way that most of these girls probably don't."

It feels like some kind of fabulous second chance, some kind of gift, to realise that this IS graspable.

Meanwhile, on a slightly more gruesome note, I have been reading about issues with loose skin. And it seems logical to me, since I've been overweight since the age of seven, that my skin is going to have lost a fair bit of its elasticity. To this end, I'm planning for cosmetic surgery once I've shifted the weight - I've decided to put aside 1000 baht (which is, er, probably around $30, at a guess) for every pound I lose. This may end up being ambitious, but it's what I'm going to try to do, anyway.

I'm quite startled to be considering it - I would never have said that cosmetic surgery was something I'd want. But - actually, if I can transform myself as I plan to, I'll likely need the cosmetic surgery to finish the job. If not - if I can lose this weight and there isn't any unsightly loose skin - well, yay. But if I do turn out to need it...well, Bangkok is one of the number one destinations for people seeking cosmetic surgery (or indeed gender reassignment), and I figure they know a thing or two about creating hot female forms from unpromising beginnings (!), and can help me out when the time comes. ;)

RobinW
02-02-2008, 01:12 PM
And beyond that, I think it signified a mental shift for me - because rather than thinking "Oh, I can't do that because I'm too fat, and one day I'll magically be thin" I thought "This is the body I have. No magic fairy is going to give me a new body. I need to stop putting things off."

Good for you Faye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We need to stop waiting....live it now, not when we are thinner, richer, prettier...whatever!!! You are wonderfully inspirational!!

Im off today :cb: :cb: :cb: This is my first 2 day weekend since november. :dizzy: Ive already gotten alot done. I headed over to super suppers this morning, and got 12 meals all prepped and they are all in my freezer. I'll go maybe today and get a bit more grocery shopping done, then thats it....I'll pull my blogging for dummies book out, and get some more learning done.

Have a great day ladies!

beach bum
02-02-2008, 01:49 PM

With the pouring rain that we had melt lots of the snow on the ground.Now the sun is shinning but it cold outside with the wind howling at 5-60 MPH not going out in this wind,I'm been blown away,even with my size.Yikes!!! I just read that Phil Says Six More Weeks of Winter!

Nothing new, Wishing you all a great OP weekend

lilybelle
02-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Hi ladies and Big Welcome to daizy.

We had my son's going away party last night. It was fun but sad. It didn't help that his XGF showed up bawling her eyes out and ran to me for comfort. I finally got perturbed with her and said "Laura, you've known Shane for 4 months. I gave birth to him and have had him for 22 yrs. Please respect our going away party for him". I know, I'm a b--ch! But, dang it, the one thing I didn't want was her showing up and trying to make him feel guilty. He's going through enough stress right now. Then she left the party with one of Shane's friends to try to make him jealous!

During the party last night we got a sad phone call. The Army wants Shane to leave tomorrow to Ft. Leonardwood Missouri. So, basically now he's supposed to leave a week earlier than was scheduled. Today will be spent getting all his stuff packed.

I broke down and shared an order of chips and queso with DH and a friend last night. So, I ate about 1/3 of the basket. I'm back on plan today, but I think just the stress is what got to me.

RobinW
02-02-2008, 02:59 PM
Aw Lily :hug:

Dont you worry about being a bit *****y to that girl!!! My daughter-in-law pulled some serious stuff with my stepson 3 days before he left for Iraq. I will never forget, nor will I ever forgive her for what she put everyone thru. Especially my stepson and husband. (who is the only living parent) I get right nasty when it comes to protecting my husband from her crap. So dont feel bad....not at all. He's your son....that gives you a whole lota rights :D

I'll be thinking of you and Shane :hug:

The best ME I can be
02-02-2008, 03:04 PM
Hi everyone! I have been a lowcarb lurker for a while now and finally decided to just jump in. I've been a member of 3FC for about a year, but I was on LAWL, so I stayed in that forum mostly (in short, I fell off the LAWL wagon last summer and am almost right back where I began). Like most of the general populous, I started the year off determined to be bathing suit worthy by summer! I chose low carb this time around because my mom had great success with it, and I can't justify paying someone to tell me to starve myself ever again! So far this year I have lost 10lbs! And can't wait to get rid of the next 10!

I'm loving the low carb lifestyle, but sometimes I need a swift kick in the... umm... well anyway, I might need some help making good choices. That's where you all come in!! And I hope I can do the same for someone else. Thanks in advance!

aud
02-02-2008, 03:24 PM
:bday2you: Dear Puncie! :bday2you: Hope you're having a Great Day puncezilla! :gift:

I'm having a resting day . . . the last 48 hours have been nightmarish. Got stuck in the snow/ice storm after work Thursday nite - ran off the road a couple of times - finally got back to the plant (luckily I had packed) and just stayed there. Took a sleeping pill and slept thru the day shift curled up in my office (feeling like every muscle/bone in my body is broken as a result today!:o:( - pretzel-aud!) - was gonna slip out early last nite - BUT, of course had the busiest/crappiest nite with one emergency call after another - so didn't get home til 2am this morning!:( Just beyond exhaustion. Just beyond.

Meanwhile here on the homefront, dh let DDTess10 have two gf's stay the night . . . the entire bathroom is filled with wet snow coats/shoes/gloves - seems Ginger the Westie has become the source of entertainment for the neighborhood . . . Snow Doggie Supreme . . . as soon as I get enuf coffee & limber up enuf - I'm told I MUST see her fly thru the air (with the greatest of ease?:p) catching snowballs in her mouth. Let's see . . . she's dove in the ice covered MO River and now this in the snow - I'm thinking she must be getting her West Highland Groove Gene activated?:D

brb -

RobinW
02-02-2008, 04:52 PM
psst Lily......hubby said to break his leg or arm or something. Then he'll have to stay ;) Thats what we threatened my stepson :lol:

stayincalm
02-02-2008, 05:43 PM
:hug:Hello Ladies and welcome to our new friends. :grouphug:Lily I don't blame you a bit. I'm sorry Shane has to leave early. That is terrible. Fay, I also love the tatoo! I've never seen anything like it. You are so original. So...I felt comfortable changing my ticker today! I appear to have lowered a bit and stayed there.

I did the shopping earlier today and right now have pork ribs in the oven slow cooking with sugar free carb free BBQ sauce. Chopped and prepped all the veggies for the weekend. Later on I will be frying up some chicken wings and tomorrow cooking a roast. That should pretty much do us for the week. My current experiment is on the stove...rutabagas. Gonna mash em' and see how it goes. DH's Livin La Vida Low Carb bars (raspberry chocolate) arrived yesterday and he just loves how they taste. :drool:

Sleepy today. Had a rough time sleeping last night (work stress). I'm trying to get myself geared up to get on the bike but feeling lazy. It is dark and blustery out so I want to crawl into bed with a good book. YUMMY. Aud, you be carefule out there and all the rest of you too that are facing weather.

Lily, you are in my thoughts sweetpea.:angel:

ox Peace Out

SC

aud
02-02-2008, 05:53 PM
So glad you quit lurking bestme, & jumped on in! :congrat: Not sure if I've properly welcomed wsmasher & countrymom & natalie & daizy too? :welcome3: - if not, just gotta say it's sooo great to have you here in LC Chat! :woohoo: :cheer2: . . . hope you know the more the merrier! :gossip: - I'm always reading with interest - even if I don't respond, ya know? Inspired & motivated by everyone here!:grouphug:

aud
02-02-2008, 06:42 PM
Sooo immature & rude for the XGF to make your Shane's party all about her, lily!:mad: DramaQueen is definitely NOT the one for your boy . . . how did he handle her shenanigans? Hope he wasn't upset on what was supposed to be HIS night!:mad: Shane will be here in MY state . . . Fort Leonardwood isn't too far for me to babysit - would consider it an honor to be called on for duty!:cool:

Hope you're staying dry beachie! We had sunshine on the snow here today . . . not that I got out in it . . . . HAVE rested but now the DD & perpetual sleepover girl (she's been here 2 nites and counting) are bugging me to take them to the Y and/or a movie . . . I've almost done enuf housework to make pathways now to the kitchen & bathroom - PROGRESS?:dizzy::?:

Gosh its great to be HOME!

At some point I've got to get to cooking & planning for Super Bowl tomorrow - Tx so much for the linx JerseyGyrl!:chef: Reminded me that I've always wanted to try Linda's Jalapeno Popper Recipe . . . also have some wings in that I want to search around for a LC recipe for.

Congrats on your loss ccakes! LOVE when a tweak-session works!

I'm going to re-measure my measurements on either VDay or St. Paddy's I think . . . like I've said, the tape measure gets me thru the scale stalls, ya know?

Hope you check in again soon BOUNCIE! So great to have you back!:hug:

The last trip I took to a hotel - I actually LOST weight lynn!!:yikes: So hard for me to remember being THAT foccussed & committed. What I did: Took along a LOT of low carb bread and then ate lots & lots of proteins with my stash of bread & salads. I also took advantage of the little exercise room at the hotels.

My dh had the same reaction to shrimp about 20-25 yrs ago (he was fishing in Alabama & ate a BOATLOAD!) Never had reacted b4, and therefore almost DIED on the quantity! He can eat fish - just nothing shell related. We never get to Red Lobster etc either - in fear that some shellfish may have even touched what he orders.:(

Just LOVE your tattoo & also reading your Posts fay! That goes for you too scalm! ('cept the tattoo part - LOL!:D)

Big Girl just called & she's on her way to force me out of my housecoat & to help me clear a path OUT of this HOUSE - LOL!

Have a GREAT Saturday nite ALL . . . ttyal!

ETA: "Make Me A SuperModel" just ain't grabbing me like "Real Housewives" & "Project Runway" Sort of boring & weird . . . Not as bad as "Millionaire Matchmaker - I can't even make it thru ONE eppie of that snoozefest!

thoughts?

Puncezilla
02-02-2008, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the birthday wishes Aud! I'm not doing anything special today but some friends are comming into town tomorrow, they have two little girls, they are giong to stay for two days so that will be fun.

Don't think you're a b*#ch at all Lily, I'll be thinking of you and praying your son returns safely very soon.:hug:

The tatoo is fab Fay! I think it's great thet you went ahead and got it rather than wait. Being overwieght shouldn't stop us from doing the things we want to do. I've been waiting for too long for too many things.

Hiya beachie, I hope your staying warm and staying out of that wind. I think I better go join in that exersize thread this month.

Congrats Crabbycakes and SC and all the losers this week you're doing great. SC, what kind of BBQ sauce are you using? is it good? I love BBQ.

Well I'm treating myself to a cup of coffee end a piece of Dark chocolate for my BDay then gotto go clean the house befor I get company.

stayincalm
02-02-2008, 08:42 PM
Evening All! It is getting REALLY windy here along with the rain. Lordy. That means work will be a zoo on Monday. I feel sorry for the oncall staff this weekend. (Glad it is not me. I'm all wrapped up in my blankie in my living room with the laptop and candles lit. Gazing out the bay window. It is divine. Getting wireless was the best thing we've done in a long time. I never used to get on the computer at home because the house comp. is in a back room we call the office. Feels too much like THE office to me).

DH and DD have gone to watch a friend's soccer game (an indoor arena of course).

BBQ sauce I am using is Waldens. Pretty yummy. The ribs are done as are the mashed rutabagas and salad but I lost count of water and have swallowed so much I'm full right now. I just sat down and figured it out and I have had about 12, 16 ounce glasses today. No wonder I'm full!!!! I'll be up all night peeing.

Well, I should get going. I'm supposed to do little training seminar on Tuesday about things which I know nothing about. Time for some studying.

SWWWWWeeeeeetttttt Dreams

ox
SC

lilybelle
02-02-2008, 09:04 PM
Thanks ladies for the support. Shane has gone now to a going-away dinner that his work is having for him and 3 of his workbuddies that all leave tomorrow morning. I'm proud of myself. When he left this evening, I was stressed but instead of reaching for a ton of food, I went to the gym and put in a good workout. Then I went and bought my healthy food for the week. Came home and cooked myself a healthy dinner (plus cooked chicken spaghetti for the rest of the family) and wasn't even tempted to eat their food.

Happy Birthday Puncie, hopes it a great one!

Aud, LOL at the babysitting offer. Oh, Shane actually just ignored the XGF. I'm the one that found her laying in the damn floor by the club bathrooms bawling her eyes out last night. I do feel sorry for her, but she needs to let it go. He isn't ready for a package deal family! Last night she continued to call his cell phone til 3AM when he finally turned the phone off.

Aud, my reaction was the same to seafood. The last few times I ate it before the severe reaction, it made me sick at my stomach. The time I about died , I had eaten a large amount of it. I can also eat regular fish, just not any type of shellfish.

WElcome to the newcomers to LC chat. I can't remember the names from the previous page.

I'm gonna go now and start up my exercise log with you other fine ladies.

broadabroad
02-02-2008, 10:45 PM
God, Lily, what a self-centred, immature, clueless little baggage! I'm thoroughly glad you smacked her with a cluestick.

Stayincalm, your cooking sounds yummy! I do suffer a slight pang of envy at the availability of low-carb/sugar free sauces, I confess, and this chocolate-raspberry bar thing does sound terribly tempting. But I reckon that I could whip up a chocolate/raspberry icecream or cheesecake or mock-Blizzard without too many carbs - unsweetened cocoa isn't shamefully bad, is it? I may go poke fitday.com to see how such a recipe would work out, carbwise. Not that I'm craving such a thing right now, but it's nice to have it as an option.

(...mind you, I suspect that if I made such a thing, I WOULD eat it. So maybe I'll not go making and freezing - I'll just keep it in mind as an option, in case of emergency, type of thing. Hmm.)

I tried on several pieces of clothing this morning that were unwearably tight before I started low carbing. And I could totally wear them out now. This is SO FREAKING COOL!!!

I haven't told my parents I'm low carbing - I didn't mention it while they were here. I want to wait until I see them at Christmas, and blow them away.

I'm also making all kinds of plans for things I can do en route to/when I reach goal. One of the things I want to do - not this summer, but maybe next summer - is climb Mount Siniai. I never went there while I lived in Egypt, but it would be SO damn cool to return and to go climb it, and feel the pride and exhileration of being up there and knowing what I'd achieved.

...actually, I think I might start a wee thread to this effect, if there isn't one already...

Bouncing
02-03-2008, 03:56 AM
Hi gals, just checking in, 41 minutes into Sunday morning...excuse the yawns y'all can't see.

Lily, I'd have gone all Mom on XGF and lectured her on the self centered self-pity snivelfest. Sounds like you were more gracious than I'd have been.

We were supposed to get snow yesterday and last night/this morning. But it's almost 1 a.m. and it's still 43 degrees, so I guess not. The back side of the storm will be colder, so maybe a few flakes mid-day.

Well, I'm still failing induction. Friday I had some raisins, and yesterday I had some cashews and some beef jerky. The jerky was only a couple of grams of carb, but way salty. Today, try again. Last night I made a crustless quiche, so today I'll have a slice for brekky, and prob'ly lunch too. I'm going to a potluck tonight, so I bought a smoked ham shank and some split peas, and I'll make some nice, thick winter soup. The shank is really meaty, and I'm sure I have an onion and a couple of bay leaves around here somewhere. I was originally supposed to make oatmeal/raisin/walnut cookies, but I begged off. Not sure I wouldn't eat a dozen or so while they were still warm. I love split pea soup, but I won't be so tempted to eat any of it. I'm not worried, like I would be with cookies. For some reason my nemesis seems to be nuts and fruit the last few days. I was in ketosis today, though, so I guess the screwups have been less than catastrophic. My goal is to sneak back on plan, without my body noticing. The oopses are getting smaller and less carby-y, so maybe today will be the day...

Sure is nice to see all the new gals -- welcome!

G'night.

bambifox
02-03-2008, 10:07 AM
Hello All! I planning a SB Party with only recipes made from "Linda's Low Carb Recipes"...my guests will just have to love it! The recipes are not hard to digest...they are really great. I'm making swiss chicken rolls, crabcakes, chicken soup, hot wings, brocolli o'gratin....yum..yum..yummy! I'm actually stoked!

Bouncin - Don't be too hard on yourself...you've probably not done too much damage...at least you stayed away from the cookies..I congratulate you for that...now that may have really stalled you! So, okay..you ate nuts...if that's the worst...then I wouldn't worry too much...sounds like your doing great! Keep up the good work. Joyce

Remember the crap we used to eat...and congratulate ourselves for the changes...if not as dramatic as others...it's still a running start. Don't forget your workouts ladies...so perhaps a little cheat won't matter as much...Go GIANTS!!!!

broadabroad
02-03-2008, 10:14 AM
Well, dear ladies, I'm off to bed - don't know where the weekend went! I wish you all fun with your Superbowl celebrations, whatever they may be.

(um...I have to ask. Is this American football, baseball, basketball or what?)

WeightSmasher
02-03-2008, 11:26 AM
It is football!!! Go Patriots!!!!

Well, had a great workout this morning, and planning to stay on plan all day, even at the SB get together. This will be my real test to see if I have learned my lesson and able to stay away from those carbs.

Hope everybody has a good day!!!

bambifox
02-03-2008, 12:58 PM
Even though your a "Patriots" fan...I'm still routing for ya! lol! I haven't done my workout yet for today...but I've gotta do it. I'm gonna do 20 min eliptical when I put the food on. I'm learning that if I don't get my workout in during the day...the probability of getting it in the eve is really not good. Enjoy your day ladies! Joyce

beach bum
02-03-2008, 03:00 PM

Just got home from my Sunday Brunch with my friends.Stayed OP having eggbeaters with bacon and decaf coffee w) H&H.

Tonight even though we'll be watching the Super Bowl,no parties for us. We are going to have a ordinary day with no chips or dips and no submarine sandwiches. We are going to have a nice pork lion roast with all the nine yards.Except for the potatoes or starches.Serving lots of veggies.

WELCOME :welcome: TO ALL THE NEW LOW CARBERS THAT JOINED US ON THIS BOARD.

the best me-I tried low carbing,as my told me that he thinks I'm carb sensitive.Now I'm climbing up the ladder to more carbs 100-grams and I not gaining,so maybe I not that sensitive like the doctor told me originally .Big congrats on your 10 lb loss. You'll fit into that bathing suit in no time.

AUD-Oh Dear!! That must have been scary:fr: I hate driving in the ice and snow and being retired I don't have to. Sleep overs hey!! I remember those days,its now my DD turn. Have fun cooking your wings and stuff.

PUNCE-HAPPY:hb:BIRTHDAY, my sister is today also.Not going out in the snow or ice,put with all that ran we had yesterday the snow is almost gone. Temps are high today in the 40's and if theirs an participation it will be rain.

LILY-Happy that your were stress:stress: when he left. You did great I'm so proud of you going to the gym.You see thats why your my inspiration on this board.Sending [[[good vibes]]] to you for this to continue.

BaB-They'll see a big different in you,after been on low carb for a year.It does work,but it didn't for my as I'm not a Atkins or low carb purist.

BOUNCY-I didn't think you did that bad,on Induction.The only thing i would have had was the raisins .The beef jerky is loaded with sodium. You must be careful as I retain water & swell up after having the jerky.You see today is a different story you being prepared with the smoked shank & soup. you'll pull though the Induction.

JOYCE-You have a good plan,Its Linda's site great I have taken a numeral amount of recipes from that site,and my friends and family don't even know its low carb.

WEIGHTSMASHER-Hope we all learned a lesson and make the right kind of foods,to stay healthy and loswe weight at the same time.

GO,PATRIOTS!!

lynnar
02-03-2008, 03:07 PM
Hello from the hotel lobby! I know it's crazy, but I kind of enjoy spending an entire day waiting for the DD's. The dance competition was yesterday and today is the convention - basically all day classes. I think they let the mothers watch for some kind of fee, but why someone would want to watch all day is beyond me. I got up, drank some coffee, ate my pre-grilled steak strips for breakfast, went to the work out room and then the hot tub. Watched a little T.V. and then got lunch for all three of us (a pretty good chicken Ceasar salad!). I had to check out of the room at 1, but I found myself a spot on the second floor with a couch, a table and a couple of plugs. I've got the portable DVD player going next to the lap top. The dance teacher (who is a good friend) keeps offering to take my two dancers home this afternoon so I can get back to DH's superbowl party, but who needs the superbowl when you have an afternoon with nothing that needs doing! I want to get my pictures from yesterday onto the laptop and use the new photo program to try and fix them. And I want to get on the 3fc website and see what neat stuff I've never had the time to investigate and I want to see the video's on the Living Low Carb site that I can't really remember the name of. So much fun to have, so little time! I could get one of the DD's to drive home so I could continue playing, but I guess my wireless connections isn't going to work on the Interstate. My only question is, What did I do without all this fun electronic stuff? Oh yeah, books. I have one of those too. Have been enjoying that in between.
I haven't been completely OP all weekend. I knew that it would be challenging. I should not have bought the yougart covered pretzels for the DD's. I love those. I think I ate about three of them And, once again, I've had more cheese than I should. Those little prewrapped slices are just too easy. Last night I had a rum and diet coke. The first cocktail I've had in a month. So that's my confession. The truth is, I may have another cocktail at the Superbowl party, but tomorrow, back to Induction! Again!
I worked out yesterday with DD22, so at least I don't have to feel bad about that! Tomorrow morning I'll go to the step class first thing.
Happy Birthday to Puncezilla and Lilly, good for you on working out instead of stress eating!
Well, I'm off to the wonderful world of Internet for Fun! See you all later! Lynn

bambifox
02-03-2008, 03:12 PM
Hello again ladies!!! Well, I did my 20 min. eliptical...struggled through it...but made it all the same and I stretched for about 5 min...whew! I'm getting old! Can't wait to get back into shape...I'm still on level 1 for goodness sake! Anyway, just checkin in before I prepare this buffet of fabulous low-carb foods! I think this Atkins thing is turning me into a little "chef boy r dee". ANY GIANTS FANS OUT THERE??? Hello, I need help..it seems everybody here is routing for the Patriots! I'm a native New Yorker...(yeah...City Girl), and I've been waiting along time for my Giants to get here...anyone...anyone...help!!!!

broadabroad
02-03-2008, 07:15 PM
Football. Thought it might be.

Good morning from Thailand! Have just done my official Weigh-in! And it read 228 - ie a drop of 4lb! But when I got on it later, dressed, it said closer to 230, so I'm going with 229 to be on the safe side. Still - HUF*CKINGRAH!

stayincalm
02-03-2008, 07:51 PM
4:29 Here in No. Calif. ! Hello all. Our weekend is almost over. Alas...not a football fan. Got a pot roast in the crock pot and just fried up some free range chicken drums that I purchased at Whole Foods for DH. (Never again...I purchased them in a moment of weakness during last weeks foray into the land of expensive food).

Fay: GOOD FOR YOU. I love the idea of surprising your family. Maybe you need to wear your made just for you corset, your red FMP's and some cling to your curves leggings when you get off the plane. I can't believe you are able to do this in Thailand when the rest of us are whining about finding things to eat here in the US (its at our fingertips for Gods sake).

Punc: I'm late with the merry merry and all but HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

BB: You are the busiest retired lady I know of. Except for my Aunt who just turned 70 and decided a couple of years ago to become an professional poker player. This summer was rough though as during check in for the world series of poker she collapsed and was rushed to the hospital and we discovered a massive lung tumor (inoperable). Good news is, we got her into a the Cancer Institute of Nevada and between June and Dec. they eradicated the tumor. For the time being she is cancer free and playing poker. I never dreamed that we would acheive that. She won't go through another round of chemo and radiation though. We get what we get. If the cancer reappears (which it probably will) its a tough road.

Lynn: I know just what you mean. There is something about being in one of the cozy alcoves of a nice hotel that I find slightly decandent. I'm not a home so no one can make demands of me. I love it. I have to go to a big celebrate the building industry thing every year in June and I swear there is nothing I like better than cozying up with my lap top and a vodka in the lobby of the San Francisco Hilton and watching people scurry around. I even get up early to do it!

Bambi: Go you with the special food party and all. You are groovin' (if you are too young to know what that means myself and Lily can explain..tee hee). My daughter just turned nine so I can relate to the eight year old. I see on the other threads that you like chocolate. I have found that the Chocoperfection bars are yummy. For some reason, I have never wanted sweets and can't stand them EXCEPT when I am low carb (of course, counting now, I have only low carbed once before). I bought mine on Netrition and since I don't often crave a sweet, had to hide a couple from the 12 pack because DH is a sweet fanatic.

WS: You motivated me to get on the dang exercise bike this morning. I had no excuse and only had worked out once this week so that was good. I did 45 minutes. I was headed out to go shopping (and sneak a decandent ciggie in the car) but I read your post and instead got on the bike. Then I followed up with hanging up and putting away the 10 loads of laundry that DH has been thowing onto the couch in the office all week. IT TOOK TWO HOURS! Hey, I should not complain. At least they are clean (though wrinkled) and DH does TRY to help.

Lily: Here for you. Checking the board specifically in case you need a boost or distraction. I can't imagine what it is like so I won't try to comfort you that way. P.S. Congrats on not slapping EXGF. She is an idiot.

Joyce: I love Linda's site!

Bounce: You're not failing. You are finding your way...the way that works for you. Don't get all diet **** on yourself. Hang in there. One day at a time is sometimes what works for us.

Marie: You are not here and I MISS YOU!!!

I hope I didn't forget anyone.

p.s. Got a 217 reading this morning but I don't trust it. Dang digital scale. Got 3 219s 2 218.5s and a couple 217s. I'm sticking with the 219.

Love to all
SC

lilybelle
02-03-2008, 11:52 PM
Hi everyone, we seen Shane off early this morning to his assignment/deployment. It was sad, but we all did OK.

Got home about 9AM and took a short nap. Once I woke up, I didn't stop til now. I painted Shelbey's room for her while she worked from 12noon-6PM. I didn't make it to the gym, but I did 6 hrs. of painting with getting up and down off a chair a gazillion times. Also cleaned my living room, my kitchen twice, my hall bathroom, and my computer room all while doing 8 friggin loads of laundry. I'm totally exhausted now. I just felt a need to keep myself busy all day! DH wasn't much dang help. He slept, he walked the dogs, he watched the Superbowl.

I hurt myself pretty good while painting the upper trim. When I went to step down off the chair, I accidentally straddled the back of it. If anyone had saw me they would have died laughing. But, my butt hurts so bad, I think I now know what a new prison inmate must feel like! (if you get my drift).

broadabroad
02-04-2008, 05:37 AM
Okay, lily, thanks to that last remark I came within a hair's breadth of spitting water all over my keyboard! I've heard of painting being a pain in the ***, but I never thought they meant it literaly!

Oh, I am a good good girl! I've just been to the gym, and I'm feeling all glowing and virtuous (...and, er, in need of a shower, pronto), and the scales still read 238 when I hopped on them before going to the gym - which is OMGAWESOME!!! And now I need to rustle up some dinner fast fast fast, then it's off to audition for a play. (My kitty, however, seems convinced that some quality petowner time should be spent paying attention to him. :( Poor wee scone.)

SC, holy cow, your aunt (it was your aunt, right) sounds FANTASTIC. That is the kind of old lady I want to be when I grow up - **** yes. Go Team Her.

Meanwhile, I hope you all had yourselves an enjoyable Superbowl, and that you're happy with your teams.

bambifox
02-04-2008, 08:48 AM
Well, first off, I'd like to say.....GO GIANTS!!! WHEW!!! Okay..okay..now that I got that out of my system.

BAB - Congrats on your weight loss - you go girl!

stayincalm - I'm glad you like Linda' website...I just tried the swiss chicken rolls and it kinda tasted like chicken marsala...delishous! My cooking last night was a hit!

Lily - Ouch!!! I hope you didn't get hurt too bad...try soaking in some epsom salts and maybe take the day off if you need to...

GOOD MORNING ALL!!!

How did everyone do with your WOE over the superbowl weekend???

I did okay...my only cheat was a sh*tload of diet pepsi cherry and an orange and a couple of cherries. But I did workout Sunday....so I think I'm good. That felt incredibly good because I helped my 8yr old daughter bake a chocolate cake and everybody ate it except me. Wish they had ate it all, cuz that has always been my weakness, but this is my therapy (starring a chocolate cake in the eye). I did want a piece, but I had 2 pieces of sugar free peppermint patty instead.

This is why I need my "sugar free chocolates"...it keeps me away from the truly bad stuff! My daughter was shoving cake in my face...that little #*%%*#...she's a piece of work! Joyce

stayincalm
02-04-2008, 10:06 AM
Lily; Yow! Ouch! At least you have long legs. That little adventure would have put me in the hospital and left me with a LOT of explaining to do. I'm the same way you are. When I'm agitated I try to go, go, go, go, go. Not one to quietly reflect am I.

Fay: Yes it is my aunt (and best friend). Came here from London in 1964 with my granny and still has an accent as if she just stepped off the boat. My mother, who has been here only a few years longer, has no trace of an accent. She is a ball of crack you up fire. Never seen her energy this low but that is to be expected. The only thing that was not a shock was the hair loss. She is a lesbian and her hair has always been buzzed anyway. I mean BUZZED. One cute thing did happen after she finished her chemo though. She went to a poker party at a friends house and the friend's 4 year old daughter said, "Oh dear...you REALLY, REALLY, REALLY got a haircut this time".

Well, it is Monday and off to the trenches. Have a great one all!

SC

beach bum
02-04-2008, 10:48 AM

I sure the new week for the chat is be constructed on and will appear on the board shortly. In the mean while,I use this chat instead.

Leo was very happy last night when the Giants beat the Pats. I was watching the whole game with him and I couldn't believe that the Giants got the last touchdown,only 20 seconds left of the game. DD called and say to Leo"not talking to that WOMAN, hope shes is eating crow"

Is crow on the Atkins/low carb allowed protein list.:lol3: Not worried as My kids are teasers,my DD is really a Denver Fan and my DS is really a Philadelphia Fan. The only true blue fan is my darling Leo,hes been a Giant Fan for over 50 years.

Didn't eat any munchies are snack while watching the game so I hoping that i will have a good W-I this Wednesday.

LYNN-You had a very productive day,and congrats for taking control of what your were eating. Didn't know that your 2 DD's were dancers. I must check out the 3fc and see all the amazing stuff we have here about low carbing other than this thread.Super Bowl Parties are hard to come by,but according to what you ate there I don't think you did too bad. Excess cheese and a rum & coke I don't think will effect your weight. If you did that over and over again maybe,but not for one day. I was lucky as I didn't buy and extras for munching while wanting the game. The only food that I have is for my worked in food journal.

BAMBI-I'm a Patriots Fan and I get hit by my family for being one.Read about commands. Don't take any notice as it just a game. I'm not really a football fan but I most say that yesterdays game was the most exciting SB game I've seen in ages. The way the giants played was excellent,picking on Brady and won't let him throw the ball that far. You did great serving Low Carb foods. I didn't have a party going on so ,I just ate what I had planned from my food journal.

BaM-Big Congrats on your 4 lb weight loss. I wouldn't get on the scale again just one W-I and thats it ,is what I do. Getting on the scale several times a day is only going to lead to disaster in your mind and physic.I'm hoping for a good loss this Wed.

SC-Oh thats one thing I have to keep active,that the only way to survive. Not the type of person to sits around and watches TV. So sorry to hear about you aunt. I'm praying that my DH doesn't have that cancer return to him.He going to call our doctor for further -x-rays to make sure its scar tissue that the cat scan showed.

LILY-I know how you feel,I went thought that with my son,as I posted to you. Keep busy and try to get your mind off of it will help.Sending prayers your way,to keep your son in the Lords safe hands.You didn't need that gym with all the work you did yesterday.You must be black & blue from that fall. Try to take it easy,give your body time to heal, as you don't want to over due the pain.

Have a great morning