Food Talk And Fabulous Finds - Is it just me or does it taste better?

blondebritbrat17
01-28-2008, 01:30 AM
Okay I know this thread is similar to EZMoney's and actually their thread is what got me to thinking about this subject lol.. I've noticed that I enjoy lunchmeat that is bought from the deli at a grocery store much more than a prepackaged lunch meat that I just get in the refrigerated section and I enjoy my sandwich much more when it's from the deli. Is that just me and I'm kind of wondering why..Is there anything else that anybody enjoys much more when it's more "fresh" and not prepackaged? I'm trying to get some ideas for fast lunches that aren't just frozen tv dinners for work since I have decided that I am extremely picky about frozen tv dinners to put it nicely. So any ideas would be great for lunch and I do have access to a microwave.

Thanks,
Brit

gailr42
01-28-2008, 08:41 PM
I think the deli stuff tastes better. Might be just because it looks nice in the case:lol:. I am a great believer in food that looks good. I try to make my home cooked stuff look good, too.

If you have a big enough freezer, you can make your own "TV" dinners. I make different soups and chili type stuff, frozen in serving sizes, to take for lunch. I also make Ina Garten's turkey meatloaf. I cook it, cool it, and slice it on a tray and freeze it. When it is frozen, I dump it in a bag and grab a slice of it for a whole grain bread/spinach/meatloaf sandwich with horseradish-yogurt suace. I also poach a bunch of chicken breasts, slice and freeze. Then I use it for sandwiches, or salads or put in my soup or chili.