Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-28-2008, 12:29 AM   #1  

Height: 5'3"

Default scale question

ok i'll try to make this make sense. when the scale sometimes says you are up a bit i know now that it can be attributed to water, etc. so it can be "off" when it's high. but are they generally off when they are low, too?

for example, when i weighed myself this afternoon i was 274, then a little bit ago, 278. now, i am not worried, i am just curious. should the 274 be what i take as correct? cause it's not likely that it just "forgot" some of the weight, right?

again i am not worried about it. i've learned to trust that the scale isn't always right and that water plays a big part, i am just wondering if since you can't always trust it when you are a few pounds high if that's the same for low. thanks!
beautybooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

I would say just weigh yourself at the exact same time every day and take that as your weight. What I do is I get up in the morning at the same time every morning and I take off my clothes and I use the bathroom then I weigh myself before even eating or drinking anything.
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 07:10 AM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

I agree with blonde--choose one time of day to weigh and always weigh then. Don't be weighing a second time, third time, etc.--you'll just mess with your head.

If you are dehydrated a bit, you could artificially weigh less. But who cares about water weight anyway? If you drink 8 oz. of water, there's half a pound right there. Add in some tea, coffee, soda, and food--well, it's easy to go up and down in the course of a day.

Just take what you weigh at the same time, under the same conditions (after you pee, wearing the same clothes or no clothes). Morning is best, I think. Then as you track your loss, you won't have to worry about whether it's a daily variation.

Remember, it's the difference we're looking at, the weight change over time, not the numbers themselves.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:46 AM   #4  

thanks you guys, you're right
the time that i weight myself is usually monday mornings (today) and i just did and it's back to 274

i should really just throw that dang scale out, haha... it's healthier to base my progress on other factors anyway.
beautybooty is offline   Reply With Quote