Support Groups - For Anyone Interested, a "Ten In Five" Thread!

babenwaiting
01-27-2008, 01:31 PM
Hi ladies ... :)

I'm starting something today called a "Ten In Five" Thread, to take off 10 pounds in five weeks. I will be traveling in five weeks and four days, and I must have more room in my waistbands when I get on that plane! :o I refuse to buy anything new. Anyone from any thread is welcome to do this with me, in addition to your "home" thread ...

I am a good 60 to 80-ish lbs. overweight, but this would be a good jumpstart, and make my clothes fit better. I'm also going to try to exercise EVERY day, as well as stick with 1200 - 1400 calories. If anyone would like to join me, or just pop in to say hi, please do! :) I'm going to be extra vigilant, and report in here every morning. Wish me luck!

Olivia

babenwaiting
01-28-2008, 10:34 AM
How Sunday Went:

1315 Calories (oatmeal, salmon, 6 servings fruit and veggies, grits, milk & yoghurt, etc.)

Exercise: 40 min. walk

Read my way through the *first diet-night slight-hunger* ...

Scale had dropped TWO lbs. this morning ... just water, I know ... but it's a start! (Gone from 231 to 229 lbs.) Go, me! :D

Anyone who wants to join me ... please jump right in! :)

babenwaiting
01-29-2008, 10:40 AM
Second day report for my 10 X 5 program:

1495 calories (eggs, whole grain toast, salmon Caesar salad, clam chowder, fruit, yoghurt, cheese)

Exercise: 40 min. walk

Evening spent reading to distract from slight hunger! :)

Scale: down one more lb., have gone from 231 to 228. (Tracker not showing it?)

So far, so good! :flow2:

babenwaiting
01-30-2008, 12:02 PM
How the third day went:

1500 calories (ham, turkey, cheese on whole-grain bread, yoghurt, banana, hot dogs, herbal tea)

Exercise: 45 minute walk

Evening spent at sports arena ... falling asleep much easier due to exercise!

Scale: still 228 (down from 231)

:sunny:

andreaphilip3
01-30-2008, 12:21 PM
i'll do it!

ill use my last wi as my start wt.

148/ 5 week goal: 138

babenwaiting
01-30-2008, 01:57 PM
Andrea, I am delighted to have you on board!!! It has gotten a wee bit lonely here the last couple of days ... :) Those first three of my ten are the easy ones, I know, and now I must dig in and stick with it as the scale slows down. I even managed yesterday, going to a hockey game, so if I can do that (with the smell of buttered popcorn ... and sausage sandwiches, with peppers and onions, all around me ... :o ... I CAN DO IT!)

So, about time for my walk! Welcome again, Andrea, and GOOD LUCK ...

Olivia

andreaphilip3
01-30-2008, 03:58 PM
oh ty!::)

i can use all the support i can get! and i know how hard that is that was me a few weeks back. we had unexpectedly taken company to a buffet and the smells were killin me but i couldnt eat i was full from lunch.

youre doing so great! i think on sat i will resume my cardio(wts will have to wait )

babenwaiting
01-31-2008, 12:32 PM

How the fourth day went:

1500 calories (oatmeal, baked chicken, green beans, rice, juice-V8, banana, peanut butter, tea)

Got inspiration with andreaphillip3 joining me ... Thank you, Andrea! :)

Scale: still 228 (from 231)

andreaphilip3
01-31-2008, 01:27 PM
how sweet!

i need you too!

i'm glad you did well. i made baked chicken too heres what i did: i took 2 large split breasts took the skin off and dipped them in 2 egg whites and then in 1/2 c breadcrumbs and baked for about 45 min.

babenwaiting
02-01-2008, 12:09 PM

How the fifth day went ...

1500 calories (lean ham/cheese on whole-grain bread, chicken baked in salsa-peanut sauce-fresh basil, rice, peas, V8, peanut btr. toast, wine)

Exercise: none, rested knees

Lots of sports to watch on TV last night as distraction ...

Scale: still 228, down from 231

Andrea, your chicken sounds good. Today is a restaurant day for me, so good luck to myself! :o But I'll do it!

Anyone else who would like to join us, and go for a "8 in 4" at this point (8 lbs. in 4 weeks), please hop on board! :flow2:

Andrea & everybody, have a good weekend!

LadyNascar
02-01-2008, 12:28 PM
I'm hoping on for the 8 in 4 - hope you ladies can keep me inspired to exercise....

Starting weight as of this morning 203.4
(working 2 jobs today so no exercise)

I promise promise promise to be at the Gym in the morning for 30 minutes of Cardio and some weight training.....You guys hold me to it.....

Hugs!

andreaphilip3
02-01-2008, 12:36 PM
hi lady!

babe--you will do fine! tomorrow is my wi.

babenwaiting
02-01-2008, 07:07 PM
Big welcome, LadyNascar! :hug: I am so happy to have you join Andrea & me. Good luck with your plan! I will be exercising tomorrow with you as I missed yesterday to rest knees, and this morning we had pouring rain. I definitely don't want to miss more than two day!

Good luck with your weigh-in tomorrow, Andrea! :)

babenwaiting
02-02-2008, 11:04 AM

How the sixth day went ...

1650 calories (little Friday restaurant splurge ... boiled eggs, black-bean burger, steamed veggies, pico, banana-peanut butter toast, wine, V8, Snackwell vanilla cookies)

Exercise: no walk, raining

Scale: holding at 228, down from 231

Today: lower that calorie count, walk early a.m. - git'r done!

Tomorrow: Official weekly weigh-in

Anyone wishing to join us for an "8 in 4" ... please do! :flow2: Andrea & NascarLady, looking forward to hearing from you two today!

andreaphilip3
02-02-2008, 12:01 PM
hi guys!
wtg babe!

148/146.2/138

LadyNascar
02-02-2008, 02:37 PM
Happy Saturday Ladies!

Full intentions of being at the gym this morning, however got called to work my second job today. Couldn't say no as I'm really trying to get myself out of debt after my divorce last year....10 hour day.

Scale this morning 202.6 that's down .8 - getting closer to wonderland...and so glad I have the scales that weight in the 10ths!!

And I have to weight every morning....keeps me honest!

So gym tomorrow AM, along with housecleaning, laundry and all that other fun stuff.

andreaphilip3
02-02-2008, 03:22 PM
wtg lady!

im sorry you have to work today.

babenwaiting
02-02-2008, 03:33 PM
Andrea & NascarLady, good for both of you! Glad your scales are headed the right way! :) NascarLady, sorry you have to work so hard this weekend ...

I DID get out and take that walk this morning ... the earlier I get it done, the better! :dizzy:

andreaphilip3
02-02-2008, 05:06 PM
thanks babe

good for you! i wanted to resume today & it dcidnt happen. got no sleep ansd have back pain so i hope tomorrow

LadyNascar
02-03-2008, 10:26 AM
Good morning Ladies

Slept in this morning and really shouldn't have. Got lots to try to get accomplished today. Laundry, housecleaning, Budgeting, planning my meals for the week and grocery shopping (I don't think I need many things - so I may wait until the superbowl is on before I hit Walmart :) )and need to get my fat bottom to the Gym!

Andrea - hope your back is feeling better today

babe - WTG - got that walk in!

babenwaiting
02-03-2008, 12:11 PM

How the seventh day went ...

1700 calories (tomato-cheese toast, V8 with crackers, grilled steak burger with portabellas, garden salad, Snackwell cookies, pretzels, wine ... TOO MANY CALORIES! :mad: Can do better ... )

Exercise: 45 min. walk

SCALE: 227 lbs. (from 231! YES!!!) OFFICIAL 4 POUND LOSS FOR WEEK #1!

So I'm VERY HAPPY! :D

Andrea, is your back better today? Sure hope so! :hug: NascarLady, I would probably sleep in as well if I'd worked as hard as you this weekend. :^:

Anyone who'd like to start with us today, and do an *8 in 4* ... please do. Love to have you!

LadyNascar
02-03-2008, 01:36 PM
AWESOME BABE! Doing the happy dance :carrot:for you!!!

Great Start- just think your goal was 10 in 5 and you've already done 4 of those!!!

As far as you calories - don't sweat it....I'm a firm believer that our bodies get used to a certain amount of calories and we need to mix it up. I personally schedule 1 "cheat" meal a week in, so far it seems to be working.

andreaphilip3
02-03-2008, 01:51 PM
hi guys

thanks for asking it actually isnt:(

babe congrats!!! and btw lady is right i dont think its too many at all esp with working out.

lady babe is also right you desertve to sleep in!

andreaphilip3
02-03-2008, 01:55 PM
sw:148

goal: 138

week 1: 146.2 (- 1.8)

week 2:

week 3:

week 4:

week 5:

dont know if i can do it seeing as though iv just lost 9 in 3 but im gonna try!!

babenwaiting
02-03-2008, 03:49 PM
Andrea and LadyNascar, thank you both for your kind words and support! It really helps ... :)

Andrea, if you've just lost 9 lbs. in 3 weeks, I think you'll be doing excellent to continue at a 1 lb. per week loss rate, especially since your back is bothering you (did you injure it recently or is it a longer term problem?), and you can't work out. We'll set goals, then do the best we can, and whatever that is ... that will be good enough, right? I know that most of my weight loss so far is water, and this next week will be harder. :dizzy:

LadyNascar, you're right about a little "cheat" worked into the plan. You have to have splurges to look forward to! About calories, I'd like to stay at 1200-1300 so that I lose FASTER but I can never seem to stay below 1500 ... :( I'm tall, though, so maybe I need a few more than average. I get so hungry, I feel "hollow," especially if I exercise.

Thanks again for your support, girls! :flow2:

LadyNascar
02-03-2008, 09:31 PM
Andrea - so sorry your back is not feeling better - how did you injure it?

Babe - I understand the want to lose weight quickly - but careful how low you cut your calories - you don't want your body thinking it is "starvation" mode. So mix it up - especially those days when you are exercising :)

andreaphilip3
02-03-2008, 09:40 PM
hi ladies:)

thank you both so much thats so nice. i actually dont even know it just sorta sdtArted hurting about 2 days ago but i do have a long term problem. and yes ill be satisfied with even 5 lbs. i'm hoping to be be able to do something before this week is over.

i think this might be my permanant support system-i dont want to return to my other b/c on i cant stand and one seems to have something stuck in her you know what and im the type that takes no carp from anyone...lol. theres one other but i can email her so im not worried about staying in contact.

i know you wanna lose faster but honestly thatll just push your bod into starvation esp w exercise. i recomm. at least 1400

ceejay52
02-03-2008, 10:05 PM
I'd like to join if it's okay? You are really supportive of each other.

babenwaiting
02-03-2008, 10:24 PM
ceejay, please do join us! I would love to *see* your smiling face here ... the more the merrier! Are you on any particular plan, or, like me, just counting the calories and trying to get some exercise? So happy to have you ... :)

LadyNascar
02-03-2008, 10:50 PM
Ceejay welcome! Do tell us about yourself - like what you are doing toward working toward your goal(s)?

Andrea - we are here for you....I'm like you - I've taken enough crap all my life - not doing it anymore, anywhere.

Babe - do a google for resting calories burned - there is a website I found that will figure your resting calories and that will help you with where you need to start from. I just don't want to see you get into a funk if you put yourself into starvation. I figured mine and baseline (I'm short) is about 1900 calories and you said you are taller. So...the reason you are so hungry is you may not be getting all the calories you need esp with the exercise.

I've stayed on the eating plan today, but the only exercise I got was cleaning house. Darn it!

andreaphilip3
02-03-2008, 10:58 PM
welcome ceejay:)

lady-thanks:) :hug: thats so nice...yeah im done too i was like you know what? i dont need this..grr! dont worry about no exer. today you did good! i got in a little walking buty i wouldnt count it as anything major.

LadyNascar
02-04-2008, 10:20 AM
Good morning Ladies -

Busy day for me (year end and I'm an accountant - whew) and traffic this morning so sucked! A little rain and a tractor trailer accident on the interstate that I take in - nothing like almost 2 hours for what should be a 45 minute ride. Oh well.

And I have my gym clothes in the car!!! If I go home before going to the gym then I'm usually done. I can find all sorts of excuses of things I need/want to do instead of working out. So I packed my gym clothes, tennis shoes, mp3 player, etc into a bag and I have NO excuse not to stop at the gym on the way home! I want to do at least 30 minutes of cardio (treadmill) and lift some weights.

Happy Monday everyone! Hope your day goes well!

babenwaiting
02-04-2008, 11:56 AM
Happy Monday, all! :sunny:

How the eighth day went ...

1700 calories (*light* egg salad sandwich, *light* shrimp scampi with pasta, V8, Snackwell cookies, wine)

Scale: weight still 227 (down from 231)

Thanks for all your support regarding the calories, girls. :grouphug: I know, I know ... I shouldn't try to lose in a month what I've gained in YEARS! :o As long as the scale is going South, that's all that matters. All we really need to remember is that if you cut your calories to less than half of what you consumed before, YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT! :)

Good for you, Nascar, for taking your gym clothes with you! It is so hard to go back out once you get home from work, isn't it?

Andrea, we are happy to have you here any and all the time ... Together, we can do this. :hug: Hope your back is feeling better today. I occasionally have back problems, but knock on wood, not for awhile so I feel your pain!

ceejay, hope to see you here today. Glad you're joining us ... now we're *four!* :)

G'day, all!

andreaphilip3
02-04-2008, 01:09 PM
mornin ladies:)

lady thats awesome good for you! sorry about the traffic that stinks.

babe-thanks:) yep, gottas be patient with the scale if its moving thats all that matters.

LadyNascar
02-04-2008, 04:56 PM
OK - it's 3:55 - I am shutting down the computer and heading to the Gym.....thanks ladies for helping me keep myself accountable. Will update later!

Time to sweat!

andreaphilip3
02-04-2008, 05:15 PM
have a good workout!

LadyNascar
02-04-2008, 08:31 PM
Good evening!

I did it - I got my fat bottom to the gym this evening.....wohoo

30 minutes Cardio
and about 45 minutes of lifting

Mission accomplished!

Hope your day went well!

andreaphilip3
02-04-2008, 09:44 PM
wtg!!

ceejay52
02-04-2008, 10:50 PM
Thanks for having me. I need some extra encouragement. I've tried just about every diet there is but counting calories seems the best route to take. I'm using fitday.com to keep up with the nutrition part.

Calories = 1562 today. Water =48 oz. I've set a limit for 1500 to 1900 calories. Exercised last night for 45 minutes. I'll do good to get 30 minutes tonight. Weigh in's are on Monday mornings. This morning was not good. To much sodium on Sunday. Ugh--Starting weight will be 184.2. I'll change my tracker.

LadyNascar
Who say's house cleaning isn't exercise! You'd be suprised at how many calories you can burn cleaning house.

Andrea
Hope your back is feeling better.

Babe
Good job on losing those 4 pounds. It may be just water weight but 4 pounds is 4 pounds.

andreaphilip3
02-04-2008, 11:40 PM
hiya ceejay!

thanks it is but still hurts a lil'. sorry about your wi. sounds like you had a good day though good job!

OneLastTime
02-04-2008, 11:59 PM
Hi Ladies!!

Do you guys mind if I join in.... I know you've been going for a while already but I'd love to hop in and give support as well as receive some. When is your final weigh in date so I can figure out how much I should be losing before then.

Andrea ~ I feel like I recognize your name.... I was here a couple years ago and then left and came back this past fall... maybe we used to be hooked up before?? I'm from NY too so maybe that was the connection??

Have a great night ladies ~ looking forward to hearing from you tomorrow. :hug:

babenwaiting
02-05-2008, 11:26 AM

How the ninth day went ...

NOT GOOD! Received a food gift from a friend ... and I ate some of it ... :( Marzipan and gourmet chocolate were involved so NOT PRETTY! :devil: I don't even know how far over my calories were so I will put it behind me and move on! NO SCALE today as I don't want to know ... :^: But I'm back on program as of this morning, and will be back on the scale tomorrow! (I did do a short walk yesterday, but really needed a LONG one ... but today will be better.)

Hi there, OneLastTime! I am so happy to welcome you to our little group. :hug: I find just calorie-counting works best for me, though there are any number of good *official* plans ... I say, whatever works for you! My dates: I started Sunday, January 26 and will end this Challenge Sunday, March 2. I weigh in on Sundays, because that's when I started it. You can follow my schedule or set up one of your own. :)

Nascar, great on getting to the gym! I knew you'd do it! :) ceejay, using the FitDay is a good idea (I've done that before.) So glad you're getting going again here with us. Andrea, hope your back is getting better as the week goes on.

Again, welcome, OneLastChance, and let's all have a great day! :flow2:

andreaphilip3
02-05-2008, 03:43 PM
hi guys!

babe give yourself a break just pick yourself up and dust off you xcan do it!

welcome sandra! im actually in tn now but perhaps we were in a previous thread together iove been on the forum for years.

OneLastTime
02-05-2008, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the welcome ladies~ :hug:
I'm in!!! My weigh in days are Mondays so I will use yesterdays weight of 196.0 and end on March 3rd at a goal weight of 188.0 so I'm on the 2 lb/week plan as well. That is certainly achievable if I stick to it!!

At least you don't have to deal with the snow anymore Andrea... or at least not as much as we are up here!! ugh.

Have a great day ladies! :hug:

andreaphilip3
02-05-2008, 06:40 PM
hey sandi!

you can do it!

yeah... no snow here!

ceejay52
02-06-2008, 11:13 AM
Hi everyone
:welcome: Sandra
We had tornado warnings last night so I was inmy safe spot from 7 till11 p.m.
Calories came in at 1527.

I'll be back to chat a little later. I'm at work.

babenwaiting
02-06-2008, 12:06 PM
Morning Ladies ... :sunny:

What awful weather with the tornadoes in the South! I can't believe the pictures I'm seeing on my TV this morning. ceejay, I'm glad you're okay! We have warnings about severe storms in Central NC this afternoon so I feel a bit jittery!

How the tenth day went ... a good day, 1700 calories (should have been less), scale still holding. I think I will stop weighing every day now, as the scale is slowing down, and the important thing is that I KNOW I'm doing much better with food and exercise, and it will eventually show in pounds. So I may not weigh again until Sunday ... then I don't see the water fluctations. I walked 45 minutes yesterday.

Hang in there, guys, and have a great day! :grouphug:

andreaphilip3
02-06-2008, 12:53 PM
hi guys!

yeah we were too but we just got wind mostly

babenwaiting
02-07-2008, 11:17 AM

How the 11th day went ...

1650 calories (tomato-cheese toast, grilled salmon, creamy grits, apple, peanut butter on ww bread, wine, Snackwell cookies)

Scale: 226 lbs. FIVE pounds off! YES! :D (I always say I won't weigh every day ... then I do ... :^:)

I didn't walk yesterday, to rest a sore ankle, but will be back out on this beautiful day for walking.

Andrea, ceejay, LadyNascar, Sandra ... hope you're all doing well, and that you're getting good sunny weather that encourages you to get up/out and move! That helps me ... :)

Have a good day, all!

ceejay52
02-07-2008, 12:29 PM
babe
I weigh in daily just to keep myself more accountible.
Another pound down that's awesome.

Sandra
Your plan is doable.

Hi to Andrea

LadyNascar
Who's your favorite driver?

Okay Babe I'm going to follow your pattern

Day three went like this. Calories=2002 with no exercise. I told myself that I need to do an exercise marathon to burn an an extra 830 calories. My weigh in revealed 182.8 this morning. I would really like to see 179 by next week end.

andreaphilip3
02-07-2008, 02:52 PM
hi guys!

youre doin great ceejay! i used to wi daily but now its just 1x prob bc weighing isnt as convient as it used to be.

no one take this wrong, but im sooo glad that i dont count cals! god bless core!

OneLastTime
02-07-2008, 10:19 PM
Hi Ladies ~ :hug:
Glad to see you are all doing so well. I'm adding to my exercise program and told my 12 year old daughter that I will do DDR with her. Ugh!! I know we'll have a blast together once I get used to it. She's been wanting me to do it for about a year and I just didn't want to cuz I knew I would be huffing and puffing through the whole thing. Then I realized that she doesn't care, she just wants to spend time with her Mom so I should take advantage of it and spend some time with her while she still wants to. Soon enough she'll be asking me to walk 10 feet behind her at the mall cuz Moooommmmmm, you're sooooo embarrassing. lol Of course that's when I'll tell her that is my entire goal in life... to embarrass her... oh ya, and make her life miserable!! :D

I am on a serious M&M kick lately. UGH!! I gotta stop this. Somebody kick my butt please.

andreaphilip3
02-08-2008, 01:38 AM
sandi-good for you for realizin' she just wants her mamma/:)

babenwaiting
02-08-2008, 11:58 AM

How 12th day went ...

1800 calories (scrambled eggs with salmon, linguine with red clam sauce ... from scratch, cookies, pretzels, wine)

Scale: Holding at 226 lbs. (down from 231)

ceejay, you're doing really well. Glad to hear that scale is dropping for you! :)

Sandra, what is DDR? :^: BTW, I have a problem with Hot Tamales ... if they are anywhere near me, I EAT them! :o So I understand about the M&Ms. If I buy certain things, I eat them ALL! :devil:

LadyNascar, where are you? We miss you ... :hug:

Andrea, in the Core plan, you've already had the calories counted for you, in a sense, and I can see how much more convenient that would be. If I were a WW, I would probably do that, too. I don't mind counting calories, though. Have been doing it so long that I can calculate a day's meals in my head pronto ...

Hope you girls all have a fun weekend planned. I'm going to see "Michael Clayton" today, and might go see some flower gardens this weekend. Just noticed daffodils in my yard yesterday! :D

Have a good one! :flow2:

andreaphilip3
02-08-2008, 12:53 PM
hi guys

good job babe! youre thinking of flex. core is no counting literally. its not a low cal plan. its only limited by physical satisfaction not cals.

tom. is my wi.

andreaphilip3
02-08-2008, 02:37 PM
hope no one minds, but i am trying to keep my chart on each page for easy access:)

goal: 138 (7.8)

week 2: 145.8 (- .4)

week 3:

week 4:

TOTAL=2.2

OneLastTime
02-08-2008, 03:01 PM
Hi Ladies ~ :hug:

Andrea ~ Of course we don't mind.... we all gotta do whatever we can to make this thing work for us. Plus I think seeing it right in front of you (and all of us) will help with accountability. Thanks for the comment about my daughter!!!

Babe ~ Ya, I think we all have something we can't stay away from if it's in the house! I was driven to the M&M's by a miserable day at work. Gotta change that habit. I dream of the day I would be driven to exercise instead. LOL DDR is Dance, Dance, Revolution - You put the DVD in and it tells you on the TV screen what to do.. you have to follow the steps they show you and place your feet in certain places on this mat on the floor. It grades how well you do and it's all set to different music. My daughter is amazing at it!!

CeeJay ~ Thank you for the welcome and the encouragement. Awesome job on your progress so far... keep it up!!!

OK... gotta run ladies ~ getting my hair cut and a pedicure after that. Woo Hoo!! :hug:

andreaphilip3
02-08-2008, 07:54 PM
thanks sandi:)

you might want to throw those away-i know it might sound bad but in situations like that, its either that or i eat it so i choose throw. actually, i dont buy stuff like that. i only go out ion sat nights and buy one thing

enjoy your pedi!

babenwaiting
02-09-2008, 11:33 AM
:sunny: Happy Saturday, ladies! :sunny:

How the 13th day went ...

1850 calories (Sausage McMuffin - homemade, V8, linguine with red clam sauce, cookies, wine)

Scale: Holding at 226 lbs. (down from 231)

No exercise yesterday but will walk today.

Sandra, that's great exercise ... the DDR, and so great to do it with your daughter! When I was younger I used to dance for half-hour at a time to songs like "Billie Jean" by Michael Jackson, and work up quite a sweat! :)

Andrea, has your back totally calmed down now? You haven't mentioned it for the last couple of days so I hope so.

Today is vege-wich day for dinner, one of my favorite meals, so I have that to look forward to. Would sure LOVE to be down another pound by manana! :p

I want to add here ... this Challenge has three more weeks to run, until March 2nd. If anyone else would like to join, and go for "6 in 3" ... please feel free to join us! :flow2:

andreaphilip3
02-09-2008, 12:04 PM
hi guys!

happy saturday!

good job babe keep it up! enjoy your dinner---i know i will!(i get lunch and dinner off today)

lost 1/2 lb not much but will take it.

my back is fine babe thanks for asking:)
ive lots going on right now but my current plan is to pick up exercise the end of the month after my sis goes home.

babenwaiting
02-09-2008, 12:57 PM
Congrats on your half-pound, Andrea :flow1: Every bit counts ... Glad your back is better!

andreaphilip3
02-09-2008, 02:50 PM
aww thanks!

you know what? spoke too soon. its hurtin now:(

prob wont make my 5 week goal buty i will take 5, and im only 3 away so i think i can do it.

babenwaiting
02-09-2008, 03:24 PM
Andrea, considering that you'd lost quite a few pounds the three weeks before you started with me, I think whatever you lose is great! :) As long as that scale is going down ... that's how I'm trying to think.

Feel better ...

ceejay52
02-09-2008, 08:21 PM
A quiet Saturday.

Andrea
Sorry to hear about you back hurting once again. Feel better soon.

babe
I see you are still holding at 223. That's very good.

I've been on a binge. I'm eating everything in sight. I think the reason is that my blood tests came back good in the cholesterol. The doctor wanted me to get it down to at least 100 due to heart disease in my family history. The LDL was 76. I felt like celebrating. Going to quit this starting tomorrow.

Been doing a mini exercise marathon to burn more calories. However it didn't work that way. Five minutes out of every hour was not enough. I'm going to do some more in a few minutes. I've also worked in the yard for 60 minutes. It was a beautiful day.

babenwaiting
02-10-2008, 11:06 AM

How the 14th day went ...

1650 calories (sausage mc-muffin, banana, apple, blue cheese dressing, Vege-wich in pita, wine, fig newtons, tea)

Scale: STILL holding at 226 lbs. (down from 231)

Really had hoped to see scale drop today, but the vege-wiches had a ton of raw veggies with seasoned salt poured on so I know I'm holding lots of water. Maybe tomorrow ... :?:

ceejay, glad to hear about your good cholesterol count! Are you doing it with a statin drug or just changing your diet? Several people in my family have taken statins to get theirs down, but they had side-effects so I won't take them.

Everybody, have a great Sunday! It's a beauty of a weekend here. :)

andreaphilip3
02-10-2008, 02:38 PM
hi guys!

thanks babe. yep thats hopw im trying to look at it. i purposely joined in this b/c i find if i set high expectations, i can usually pull out at least half.

ceejay- sorry about your binging. i have that too sometimes but you know what? do not wait---make your next bite OP! and believe it or not, it makes a differnce! good luck!

my back is better today thank god.

babenwaiting
02-11-2008, 02:36 PM

How the 15th day went ...

1650 calories (vege-wich, pork chop, cabbage, squash, cookies, wine)

Exercise: None

Scale: No weigh-in today

Andrea, glad your back is better! Ceejay, Sandra, Nascar ... hope you're all doing well! Drop in soon! :)

andreaphilip3
02-11-2008, 09:23 PM
hi babe

youre doin awesome! have you reached your 10 yet?

ceejay hows the eating? i passed up a huge hot pretzel in sams today--ssooooooo hard!

ceejay52
02-15-2008, 11:25 AM
morning ladies,
Sorry I've been mia for this past week. Just don't seem to have a lot of time.

Andrea
You did good passing up that hot pretzel.

Babe
You'll hit that 226 mark before long. I'm not on cholesterol medication
but I am taking fish oil and I have been watching my fat grams. Now I need to watch my carbs and sugar.

Today's goal is to drink at least 80 oz of water and exercise for 45 minutes.

andreaphilip3
02-15-2008, 09:40 PM
hi ceejay!

how are ya? thanks. tom is my wi. maybe babe will come back now---she thought it died im glad it didnt

ceejay52
02-15-2008, 11:01 PM
Andea
I'm still hanging in there. Think I've been a bit depressed, but I'm bouncing back. Good luck with the weigh in. I need to set myself I'm not sure about the calories some new guidlines
to follow for next week.

Still no exercise and only got 60/80 ounces of water. I'm not sure about the calories today.

Babe
where are you?

andreaphilip3
02-16-2008, 12:36 PM
hi ceejay! aww its ok......i know you can do it! this is for you ceejay---:cheer: CEEJAY!

:cheer:CEEJAY!

:cheer:CEEJAY!

babe come back! ill PM her.

im down 3/4. im not gonna make the 10 in 5 goal but its ok.

andreaphilip3
02-16-2008, 12:41 PM

week 3:145 (-.8)

week 4:

week 5:

TOTAL= 3

ceejay52
02-17-2008, 07:45 PM
Andrea
3 pounds is great. :bravo:

Hope Babe hasn't given up. She's been doing great also. I'll pm her as well.
Has she started a new thread?

My weigh in is tomorrow.

andreaphilip3
02-17-2008, 10:33 PM
hi ceejay!:)

whats up? thanks, thats sweet.:) good luck tomorrow! babe hasnt given up but she thought no one wanted to post anymore. lets see if we can get to her to come bc we miss you babe!

andreaphilip3
02-17-2008, 10:44 PM
hey ceejay, it looks like we are going to try alot harder to get her back---i think shes embarassed bc she has had a rough week w foood.

ceejay52
02-19-2008, 01:11 PM
Andrea
I've pm'd her. I most diffinately understand on the food conflicts. I have had that this past week also and it showed up on the scales. I've gained two pounds. Plus not getting to exercise or should I say not wanting to exercise.

Had to go to City Council meeting last night to recieve my 15 year certificate and a pin and shake the Mayor's hand. I'm going to ask the boss if I can hang the certificate at work with my license.

Food has been planned for today, however, I just pigged out on some chips.

andreaphilip3
02-19-2008, 01:57 PM
hi ceejay!

thanks for the support esp. since yestyerday was a day just like prev. two, not good! i have 4 days starting today to get 'straight' so im gonna give it my best shot.

guess we just have to keep pluggin huh? dont worry about the chips...just make your next bite op and youll be fine:)

ceejay52
02-19-2008, 08:16 PM
Andrea
It looks like it's just you and me. I'm mainly focusing on water and 2 veggies and 3 fruit today. Maybe if I wash away the sodium the scale will be good to me next Monday. I should go back to weighing daily because that seemed to help me more than anything. Have you thought about the 21 day challenge thread?

I have drank 60 ounces of water so far today. Fruit=orange and apple sauce.
Veggies has been a tomato and 1 green onion. I'm not sure if the green onion by itself is considered a full veggie. Dairy will be 1 cup of plain yogurt with blue berries. I have taken 900mg of calcium.

andreaphilip3
02-19-2008, 10:34 PM
hey ceejay!

youre not the only one flushing away salt. i still cannot believe i ate 2 burgers w fries, pizza and 3 desserts since sat. have you tried apple cider vinegar? 1 tb 3x day really helps flush. i myself did 500mg calcium today.

iim good right here if you are:) if not, check out the losin ladies thread. right now its 2 of us.

ceejay52
02-20-2008, 02:08 PM
Andrea
If you are okay with just the two of us then I am. Maybe babe will come back eventually.

No haven't tried the apple cider vinegar. The dr has me on a bp med that has a fluid pill in it. Yeah for the 500 mg intake. We needto keep our bones strong. It's really hard to get 1200 mg in food. I try but also take calcium.

andreaphilip3
02-20-2008, 04:22 PM
hey ceejay:)

yep, im good. its quality, not quantity i say:)

i went for a walk today so hopefully it helped. do you eat cereal? i eat a big bowl every morning w 16 oz milk and a cocoa pkt so that right there is 3 and i always pop 500 at lunch and dinner unless i skip lunch.

does this sound bad? i dont understand why babe went away just b/c shes doing badly, when in fact thats when she needs us the most?

andreaphilip3
02-23-2008, 12:29 PM

week 3:145 (-.8)

week 4: 145 (- + 0) (.3 fat loss)

week 5:

TOTAL= 3