Old 01-27-2008, 10:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 403/250/150

Height: 5'8"

Thumbs down Weight Gain!!

I got on the scale this morning and it says I've gained 10lbs! Not only have I gained the 5 I just lost but 5 extra! I don't understand it. It says that for someone of my height and weight and activity level that I had to cut my calories down to 2000 a day to lose weight. I havnt gone over that, and its usually less than that. I've even upped my exercise level the past two days. Does anyone know whats going on?
violaholladay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 10:30 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Wow, 10lbs is a lot. What time frame are we looking at? Like, yesterday you were 250 and now you're 260? Or is this over time?

I was dealing with a similar problem, and these are some of the things that were suggested to me:
-Is your TOM coming? you can gain weight due to hormones at nearly any part of your cycle, it varies body to body. I appear to gain hormonal weight mid-cycle (2 weeks before TOM), most girls appear to gain it right before or right after. It'll go away.
-If you just started exercising or if you recently upped your activity level, your muscles may be holding water. They need water to facilitate repairing themselves, and if you have been using them more than ordinary then there is a larger than ordinary amount of damage for them to repair.
-Are you eating the same things every day? Perhaps your body still doesn't feel like it's getting enough?
-Anything particularly high in sodium in your diet? Eating out, Chinese food, canned veggies?
-Are you drinking enough water?

Those are my ideas. I hope at least one of them resonates with you -- for me it was the exercise that I think did it. But 10lbs in a really short amount of time is NOT going to be fat, don't sweat it, it'll fall back off. Your body is probably just adjusting to something, whether it's dietary or exercise. Just drink your water and keep going!!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 10:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

I agree with suitejudyblueeyes.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:26 AM   #4  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Ditto to Judy and Shauna.

Just how rapid was this weight gain? Because 10 lbs doesn't just fall in your lap overnight without an explanation-- and one that is not likely to be fat gain.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 12:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 403/250/150

Height: 5'8"

Thanks! That makes sense
violaholladay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 12:28 PM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

PS Might I add, CONGRATS on your fantastic weight loss so far! You're obviously doing something right, for sure don't sweat this little surprise.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote