Support Groups - Weight Loss and Chitchat #286

View Full Version : Weight Loss and Chitchat #286

Jane
01-26-2008, 01:09 PM
Hello and :welcome2:to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. :gossip: So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome. :yes:

Jane
01-26-2008, 01:11 PM
:bday2you:Happy Birthday, Ellen!!:bday2you:

I'm so sorry it's a day late! :dizzy: Hope you'll celebrate all weekend.

FrouFrou
01-26-2008, 01:12 PM
Aaaahhhh, almost lost this post because the thread was closed :yikes: thank god it let me go back and save it!

Hello ladies...

JANE...the believe it part in my post was in response to your question about the money from you know who...and I will believe it when the check is in my mailbox, lol. Didn't know if you misread the post as I was a little confused...had nothing to do with Katies wedding.

ELLEN...did I miss that it was your BD? Sorry, A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you! :bday2::balloons::gift::celebrate: Glad you guys made it to the gym.

TAMMY...have fun decorating your office...I bet it is going to look really nice when finished!

SASSY...keeping my fingers crossed for you sweetie...I know how much you would love a new job! And hope your back feels lots better! I will have to try the liqugels for sure.

MINDEE...little Marissa is getting right along, growing like a weed! Hooray for the taxes almost being done.

No special plans for the weekend...walking, baking a cake, walking, reading, walking and more walking, lol.

Have a good one!

Marti
01-26-2008, 01:31 PM
:gift: :balloons: :bday2you: Hope you had a wonderful birthday Ellen!!!!

So I'm also a day late. Did you get pampered?

Not a lot going on today. I'm hoping for a day of just reading and kicking back.

Jane--Will you post a photo of Katie's gown when she gets it? I think the way they plan to do it is sweet and romantic and the idea of Neil walking w/her.....just love the idea!

Cristina--You're doing great w/the walking. Is the cake your baking for a special event or just for having cake?

Hello to the rest of you girls. I will try to keep up w/this thread as it grows.

Jhanai is wanting computer time, so I better get going. You all have a great weekend.

Jane
01-26-2008, 01:31 PM
Hi ladies,

Tammy - your friend sounds like a smart lady, dispite the "Where's Waldo" factor, haha. I'll be stuck with a dress I most likely will never wear again. Thanks for removing the comment, lol.

Mindee - yay for the good report on 'Rissa. These babies are growing so fast!

Trish - how's it going?

Sassy - I'm proud of you, too, for applying for the job. If you're supposed to get it, you will. I like regular Advil, so I bet the liquigels are even better. I use the regular for my knee.

Cristi - oic! I did think you were talking about Katie's wedding, and questioning why we would spend the money on a dress when she's eloping. I'm glad you explained, lol.

Hi everyone else. :wave:

Katie and I picked up her bouquets today - one to carry and keep, and one to throw. Then we went to the shop of a woman who runs her own bakery, and ordered the big initial for the top of the little 1st anniversary cake. She's making all the cupcakes, too. Then we had lunch at Applebee's. I ordered the lite lunch, but had a few mozzerella sticks first. :dizzy:

Now I have to finish laundry. Oh joy. Have a good weekend, ladies. :hug:

Jane
01-26-2008, 01:36 PM
Marti - yes, I'll post pictures. She said they'll have someone take their picture in Indy during/after the ceremony. I should hae taken pics of the bouguets! Well, I still can, and will post them. Have fun with Jhanai today. It's nice to have her around, even if you aren't doing anything out of the ordinary, isn't it?

FrouFrou
01-26-2008, 01:46 PM
JANE...no problem, I thought you might have just skimmed the post. I wouldn't second guess a wedding or why this or that or question why anyone would spend money etc...weddings are well worth ALL the money they cost no matter the size and I look forward to Josh & Charlottes! Whatever the do...Yes! You must share pictures! Okay I am confused about the cake...are they having cupcakes with a cake top? I've seen that done and also seen a wedding with heart shaped cookies!

MARTI...thanks, even though my back was a pain I still tried to walk. It was like not walking but I was moving, lol. The cake is for DD's Bd today..my baby girl is 24, yikes! Makes me feel old, sort of, lol. Enjoy your weekend with Jhanai.

Have a good day ladies...better get going to make that cake!

Jane
01-26-2008, 01:56 PM
Cristi - I just didn't get it, lol. Yes, the cupcakes will be placed on a tier stand, with the bottom 3 tiers in graduated sizes, and the small cake on top. They'll have their last name initial on top. The baker has to order the intial - it'll be silver with a few "diamonds" sprinkled on it. All the extra cupcakes will be placed on trays near the cake. Happy birthday to Carrie! Can't believe she's 24 already! Hope she has a great day.

pattygirl63
01-26-2008, 04:47 PM
:wave::coffee2:Hello Jaded Ladies

DH's BIL called and woke us up this morning. He and his wife wanted to come over for a bit instead of us going to their house tomorrow after church. He and Tony had talked and planned for all of us to go out to eat for our anniversary, tomorrow but it turns out that his wife had already made other plans. So we changed our plans to go out next Saturday if the weather works with us. They found a bigger and nicer Costco over at Spartanburg, SC and they want us to see it. So little sleep and dragging today.

:bday2you::bday2::celebrate::balloons::gift::woo:E LLEN!!!!
Sorry I'm late:( Some how I missed it being your birthday.

Jane -Yes, I am fine and I had no problem getting on 3FC today once I got a mouse that works. I had a wireless that quit working. The second one I've had. I hooked up a wire one to it. Sounds like you are having fun helping Katie get things together. The outfit I put together for DD wedding in October I have never worn again. I wear the brown pant suit that I bought I wore to the dinner to meet her new in-laws, but not the wedding suit. It was unique as I pieced it together, but I didn't like it and knew I wouldn't wear it again. Oh well.

Mindee - So glad Marissa's check up went well with no shots. I hope things will work out well for Brandon. I have a great nephew who had problems with hearing. Once they corrected the problem, he is doing absolutely great. No problems with him or for him. It is amazing how a thing like that can affect a child and change their life for the better when corrceted.

Sassy - Good luck with the new job; hope it works out for you. Hope you are feeling better.

Cristina - Have fun doing DD birthday. I hope she has a good one.

Hello to everybody else. Hope everyone has a great week end.

:hug:Trish

tommysgirl18
01-26-2008, 05:33 PM
hello ladies.....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end today......just hanging around the house. we are in the process of planning Brandon and Marissa's birthday party. and now we are also planning a surprise 60th birthday party for my dad in August. so we have our hands full with party planning. And to think......we will have to do it all over again for October!

just a quick post since dinner is ready! pork chops......mashed potatoes.....stuffing. yummy!!!

sz2atheart
01-26-2008, 08:26 PM
Hello Ladies!!

Sassy--Good luck on the job hunting!!

Jane--I just found out that the bridal show at the country club that my dd is having her reception at is March 9th, 3 days after getting my eyes done :yikes: I'll guess I'll be wearing dark glasses!! We really want to taste the food and cakes. If I look too battered and bruised, I'll guess we will have to ask for a private tasting. The cupcake cake sounds cute.

Ellen-:bday2you:

Cristina--have Josh and Charlotte picked a date?

Mindee--I'm so happy to hear that you are seeking help for Brandon. Working in Peds, I see so many kids having a little difficulty with their speech and the parents refuse to admit there might be a problem. You are a terrific Mom for getting him screened early.

Well Ladies, I've have had a very productive day. First we painted the office early this morning and it lookes great. While waiting for the first coat to dry, I went off with my sis to a "Bridal Trunk Sale" at a local caterer. I found an amazing taupe/latte/tan (whatever color you want to call it) dress with a 3/4 sleeve jacket (definitely not matronly) for only $75!! My sis didn't find anything, so we went off to David's Bridal (that place was a zoo with 100's of girls looking for dresses) and I hit the jackpot with a navy sleeveless dress with a shawl for only $100. My sis found a dress that she liked and ordered it. Came home and helped finish up the second coat of paint, ate a slice of pizza (only thing that was bad today) and cleanup up paint mess. Tomorrow I will do the baseboards and windowsills and probably do some shopping. I'm just so tickled to death that I found two dresses for under $200 for both weddings. I keep telling dh how much $$$$ I saved him with the dresses and not using a painter and his comment was "Well, I'm sure you will find a way to spend more!" Oh, he knows me so well.

Have a wonderful weekend ladies and to all that I missed.

FrouFrou
01-26-2008, 09:15 PM
Hello ladies, again!

Just trying out our new dsl to see if it is indeed fast, and I have to say so far, yes it is and I am lovin it!

TRISH...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY tomorrow! I love Costco and miss them! They don't have them here so I settle for Sams Club. Hope you got some sleep!

TAMMY...I almost forgot that you have 3 weddings to go to! Yikes! WTG on finding two dresses! They both sound nice. Josh Charlotte had a dat in mind, sometime in August but have since changed that. He doesn't know where or what he will be doing so they are thinking sometime between March & June with a simple wedding in Hawaii. They can't stand to be apart. Glad the office is coming along...you'll have to share a picture with us.

MINDEE...lots of BD planning for you missy. I bet your dad would love the surprise 60th though.

Okay, going to go post a little more and then off to try something else, lol.

Have a good rest of the weekend ladies!

tommysgirl18
01-26-2008, 11:47 PM
hello ladies....how are you all doing?

well, we managed to steer clear of any more kid incidents! Tommy was taking a box of girls clothes down to our cage in the basement, and slipped and fell down the stairs leading to the basement. He has a nice scrape on his back right in the middle, and a nice sized scrape on his tail bone area. I had gone to see the office manager after he came back inside, and she told me to grab some salt to put on the stairs again. I did that, and as I was coming back up the stairs she was walking with her dog to our front door to check on Tommy. She called him a little bit later and told him to come to the office on Sunday to file an incident report. He took some tylenol for the pain......when he wakes up again, and if he is still in pain, I will see if he wants to take some tylenol with codine that I was given when I had Marissa.

He would have gone to the hospital to get every thing checked out but right now he doesn't have insurance. He told me that if he goes in to see the office manager and she tells him to go and get every thing checked out and they will pay for it then he will. He is going to be nice and bruised and sore for a couple of days. His days that he works this coming week are Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. So, we shall see how things are tomorrow night and we will go from there.

Tammy~ Thanks for the reassurance. We have been wondering about it since his last birthday and their pediatrician told us just to keep an eye on it for six months and to see if he progresses any. We actually sat down early last week and discussed between me and Tommy about mentioning it to the doctor again. He started asking Brandon some questions that he should be able to answer for his age, and then said that he would tell them at the counter to get it all set up for us. the nurse came in with the number and told us to call them. so I am going to call them on Tommy's next day off and hopefully we will be able to get him tested soon. Brandon was diagnosed with failure to thrive when he was six weeks old, so we had asked the pediatrician if that has anything to do with his speech and he said that it didn't. That sounds like me and my hubby!

Cristina~ I am sure that he will. We were thinking of trying to figure out how to get him to come to it, and we figured that if we set it up for a restaurant up near them, that he won't suspect anything. So, now we just get to do preliminary planning and figure out where to have things done at. This place that we are thinking of getting is not that expensive and has a room that will hopefully fit our whole family in!

jules1216
01-27-2008, 08:40 AM
Happy Birthday Ellen!!

Just a quickie for me again. I did go to the doctors and I have a bronchial infection and allergies acting up. I was suppossed to go to a baby shower with Teri but I don't know if I am going to make it.

pattygirl63
01-27-2008, 12:40 PM
Mindee - Sorry to hear of Tommy's fall. I hope he is okay. He is in my prayers. Also I forgot to answer your question about my DGS interview. He just had to interview someone 2 generations back from him about their life. Poor kid, mine hasn't been all that exciting or eventfull. I think he called me because Grandma was available for a quick one since he waited until the day before it had to be turned in to do it. He is in a special school for advanced kids and I understand it is very tough. All DH's grandchildren are in advanced classes and I've learned that no matter how smart they are that they are all the same. All kids procratinate. lol

Jules - Hope you get to feeling better soon,

This is going to be a quick hello. DH and I were supposed to go to church and then go out to eat, but we didn't make it to church and I don't think we will be going out. My stomach is not feeling very well and I am going back to bed. I will catch y'all later if I get feeling better. If not I'll check in tomorrow.

Hi to Everyone else. Hope you all have a great day.

Hugs to all.
Trish

FrouFrou
01-27-2008, 12:41 PM
MINDEE...owie! Hope the office tells Tommy to go to the doc, not good them not having something on the stairs. Hoping he feels better soon.

JULES...hope you get to feeling better soon too! :hug: Glad you made it to the doc.

JANA...the cake sounds cute.

MARTI...hope you are enjoying your time with Jhanai...they grow up so fast don't they?

HIYA SASSY, SUE, TRISH, TAMMY, MARYKATE, FRANCIE, ELLEN and, and, ugh, know I am missing someone, sorry! :wave:

Enjoy your day ladies!

Marti
01-27-2008, 01:16 PM
Good Morning ladies!

Woke up to 3" of snow. And it hasn't stopped yet! I was up until 3:30 and when I took the dogs out....nothing.....so it's a bit of a surprise to me!

Cristina--Nothing planned really w/DD. Just watching movies and playing Guitar Hero!

Trish--I do hope that your tummy starts to feeling better.

Jules--Go to bed and take care of yourself!

Mindee--Sorry to hear that Tommy fell! That had to hurt! How is he feeling today?

Tammy--I love sales! I think I'm the sale queen sometimes! All my Christmas gifts were bought half off! Loved it!

Jane--How sweet to get two bouquets! I had a single daffodil when I got married. I even wrapped it in a blue ribbon so I had "something blue" :) Waiting for photos.

Well...snow is coming down hard so I best get of the computer......power tends to flick off and on during these.

Have a lovely Sunday!

suetalks
01-27-2008, 06:39 PM
Howdy....Quick one here. It got up to 45* and was sunny earlier. Baby and I went for a walk. We both needed it. The wind was a little fierce though.

Mom and I had a spaghetti lunch. DH isn't fond of it and we both love it, so had it while he is gone. I am still full, even after the walk.

Yesterday I hung some pictures over the bed, quite a feat. I had to center them (4 of them) above the headboard, had to stand ON the bed. I told DH before he left I was going to do it if he would move the bed...he said "nah, just stand on the bed." It wasn't easy. The pictures do look good though. Also did laundry, cleaned out 2 closets and under the bathroom sink yesterday. I was complaining to Mom that I hate to spend all afternoon doing those jobs no one sees or notices. But let me tell you, I have noticed and smiled about it all day. :)

Pretty lazy today except for cooking, walking and doing dishes. Of course, I spent all morning reading the papers and drinking coffee. I need to get back to going to church with DD and family. Maybe next week.

Okay...that wasn't so quick, but I'm off to fill the bird feeder before it is too dark......love my birds.

pattygirl63
01-27-2008, 07:14 PM
Well I am up and feeling better. Ate some chicken noodle soup and crackers. I weighed when I got up and before I ate the soup and I am back to the 219.5 where I was couple of weeks ago. Now to take advantage of this sick loss and keep going down.

Sue - I have been thinking that I need to take advantage of all this cold weather and give my house a good "spring cleaning" now. Plan to start it tomorrow and do a room a day. DH DM took her what nots down once a month and actually washed them in the dishwasher. Not this girl, but I may take them all down and windex them and wax the shelves. I think once a month is a little much. But that is how they did things in her day.

Trish

Jane
01-27-2008, 07:31 PM
Hi ladies,

Trish - hope you and your sweetie have had a nice anniversary. How many years? I am having fun getting everything lined up for Katie's reception. But I have to admit, I'm starting to feel sad about not being there when she actually gets married. I'd never tell her that, though.

Mindee - tommy really should get his back and tailbone checked out. He could have trouble with that for years now. Neal hurt his tailbone on a slide 20 years ago, and it still bothers him at times.

Jules - hope you feel better by the time you read this. :hug:

Marti - I had a single long stemmed pink rose when I married Neal. Hey, I'll take that snow if you don't want it! :D

Cristina - dsl is supposed to be great! I wish I could get it out here in the boonies, but I'm just glad I was able to get something other than dial-up, lol. My broadband isn't too bad, but not great.

Sue - yay for getting the pictures hung. The temps got to near 50, and is supposed to be near 60 tomorrow. :dizzy: Then we'll probably all get sick again.

Well, ladies, other than going to church, I've pretty much wasted the day. Neal and I have been watching movies, and I've napped off and on, too. We had chicken cooked in the crock pot, so I didn't even really cook.

Anybody going to watch the SAG awards?

Jane
01-27-2008, 07:33 PM
Trish - I forgot to add, I usually do my spring cleaning in the winter, too, because when spring really gets here, I like to be outside. I've got some of it done already, but need to get on it!

suetalks
01-27-2008, 09:30 PM
Jane- Did I see that Katie is getting married in Indy? Is there a date? I know I read that you are having the reception in March, still on for then? I know it is keeping you busy.

Trish- I was glad to hear you felt better. I try to keep up with the house so there are only windows and a few other things to do in the Spring. But I sure am not going to wash all the knick knacks every month. Actually, I have eliminated lots of the little dust catchers.

Marti- I saw some pictures of Oregon's snow storm today. Wow! Be safe and stay toasty warm.

Mindee- Hope Tommy felt okay when he got up. Did he get himself looked at by a Dr?

Cristina- You are doing so well with your exercise and your reading. I just finished a D. Steel book and am starting one by Nora Roberts. Decided to read my romances this week. I used to keep a list of books I had read so I wouldn't keep checking the same ones out of the library. Don't know why I stopped writing them down.

DH called today and it was raining in LV. He said he didn't like it without me there. Awww, I knew it was a good idea to send him off by himself. Make him realize that he DOES miss me. :D

Okay, gonna go watch the Hallmark movie.

Hi to everyone...

tommysgirl18
01-28-2008, 02:14 AM

nothing new on this end.....Tommy is doing better. His back was still hurting, but not as bad as his tail bone! He is going to attempt to go to work on Monday.

Jules~ It is good to hear that you made it to the doctor's office. I hope you start feeling better!

Trish~ That sounds like an interesting project! I hear ya on all kids being procrastinators. I was one in school, and I can pretty much imagine that my kiddos will be. Although, I will do my best to make sure that they don't!

Cristina~ I didn't go to the office with him, so I am not exactly sure what the office manager told him. She did tell him though that at least two of the maintenance guys that work here, have fallen down the stairs. Our steps outside our door for our basement has a wooden top step, and then the rest of the steps. The wooden one is not flush to the cement so that has caught me a couple of times, but I make sure to hold onto the sides of the walls going down the steps. There is also a light above the steps, but of course the light bulb burnt out in summer time of last year I believe it was.

Marti~ He is feeling better. The tylenol helped him with the pain.....except for his tail bone. I think he might have bruised it because he said it was still hurting him on Sunday.

Sue~ That sounds like a nice relaxing weekend with your mom! nope, he didn't get to the doctor on Sunday.

Jane~ The owner of the complex isn't in on the weekends, and since we are the go to people on the weekends and at night for the office manager, she will make sure that something is done for him/us. she even told Tommy that she would pay him to clean the steps of the buildings once a week. His back has been bothering him since he was hit by two different cars when he was younger, so he has dealt with those issues since he was younger.

Shopaholic1204
01-28-2008, 10:29 AM
Just checking in. Everything is okay on this end. I finally got to spend some time with dh. We MIGHT do water aerobics tonight..might being the key word. We find out if we got our orders tomorrow. But dh said its probably not likely that we'll get it the first time, and have to put in orders again in Feb. Oh well..we'll see..

Hope everyone had a good weekend!!! :wave:

p.s. for dh's birthday, we're getting matching tattoo. We're gonna get either "Te Amo" (i love you) or "Mi Amor" (my love). We just dont know what else to get with it, lol.

p.p.s. I'm also thinking of going to see a dietitian or whoever to see why my weight keeps bouncing around.

upswife
01-28-2008, 12:23 PM
Happy Monday ladies!!!

I really had to push to get out the door this morning. But I made it to the gym and I feel great!!! I still have to do my core exercises, since I ran out of time at the gym, but I can do that here at home. No big plans, DD1 is going to get a hair cut this afternoon, then maybe food shopping??? Also have to take the car for an oil change...I wonder how much I can get done b4 DS gets home from school...thinking I will do the oil change after he gets back?? Have to run, have a lovely day!!!!

vannh9
01-28-2008, 12:34 PM
I wanted to take a minute to introduce myself (for those that don't know me) and talk a bit about my journey here and back.

My name is Vann and I live in NC. I joined the Jaded Ladies group about a year ago and developed some amazing relationships---you are wonderful, supportive and inspiring women!!

I got very caught up in my work (I travel and entertain business clients frequently) and then I had a medical scare that required major surgery. I had lost around 13 lbs and was so happy and felt so good. I felt pretty confident that I could handle this on my own.

Well..fast forward 5 months and I have gained all my weigh back:-(

The good news is that I am healthy and have the ability to start over. I am also so glad to have connected with a few of you and you have made feel so welcome.

Thank you for your support!! Thank you for having me back and I look forward to gettin to know new and established members better over the next week or so

Hugs to you all,

Vann

Shopaholic1204
01-28-2008, 01:32 PM
Can everyone please do me a favor? A fellow Navy wife was in a horrible car accident last night in Texas. She lost her husband & baby girl. She's in the ICU in critical condition. Please keep her, family & close friends in your thoughts & prayers.

Thanks.

FrouFrou
01-28-2008, 03:51 PM
OMG Francie, I am so sorry to hear about the accident. Is there somewhere to send a card to her? My heart goes out to her and her family and I will definitely keep her in my thoughts and prayers. :hug: :hug:

Shopaholic1204
01-28-2008, 04:09 PM
The info hasnt been posted yet. I think they're waiting for her to come out of the ICU before they send her anything..I'll let you know.

If you wanna read what happen, PM me and I'll give it to you. :(

Jane
01-28-2008, 07:20 PM
Hi ladies,

Vann - I'm so glad to see you've come back. :hug: You were missed! I think all of us here are familiar with regaining lost weight. How's Griffin and the rest of the family?

Sue - Katie and Clint will be getting married locally, then going to Indy for a short honeymoon. They will continue the honeymoon at WDW in about a month. I don't know why, but I've been in a movie mode myself. Must be the gloomy days.

Mindee - glad Tommy is better.

Ellen - I'm hoping you saw all of our birthday wishes, albeit belated that they were, lol. I sure hope you had a good one.

Francie - so sorry about the car accident. How awful to have lost her family. :( I've been missing you and hoped you'll post here as well as with the Kindergarteners.

Well, I've spent the day doing paperwork, and computer searching. DS wants me to find fun places for his family to stop on their trek to WDW. That's a detailed project!

It's cold and windy here in southern Indiana, and the temps did not warm up as the weatherman promised. Brrrrr! I'm off for a shower, then my book.

Toodles!

pattygirl63
01-28-2008, 09:50 PM
Hello Ladies

Just now getting to check in. Long and busy day. Slept late and when DH got up we dressed and left to go shopping. Had to get a new wireless mouse for my laptop. Went out tp kFC and actually stayed OP. Ended up going to both Wal-Marts in our area to get everything.

Jane - DH and I have been married 5 years. He tells people we've been married 36 years, but not to each other. Our previous mates of 31 years passed away a little over 2 years before we met and got married. We consider ourselves blessed to have found each other. Sorry you will miss out on the wedding. I eloped the first 2 times I got married because I didn't want a big wedding. I was young and never thought I was robbing my parents of anything. When Tony and I got married, my Mama had been gone for 10 years. For some reason it was so important to me to have my Daddy present. I wanted to share the experience. Strange how things and time changes the way we feel. Maybe they could do a video and share it with you later. DH came to TX from FL to get me. We did a video and shared it with everyone in Tony's family in FL.

Francie - so sorry to hear of your friend's accident. She and her family are in my thoughts and prayers. So tragic.

Vann - Glad you are back and I look forward to getting to know you. I am in SC just south of Charlotte, NC.

Mindi, Marti, Ellen, Sassy, Sue, Cristina, Jules, Tammy (sorry if I missed any one)... thinking of you all and wish you a good evening.

Hugs,
Trish

suetalks
01-28-2008, 09:53 PM
Jane- It didn't get as warm here as they predicted either. I had to run errands and was in and out of the car, so never got too cold. I have been looking for a bedskirt and have not had lots of luck. I don't want white or cream...and that is all I can find. :( Oh, WDW is coming up quickly isn't it?

Francie- How sad. I will certainly say a prayer for your fellow Navy wife.

Vann- Welcome back, good to see you. Jane is right, several of us are familiar with the weight cycle....I know I am. I had lost by biking and walking then put most of it back on. Can't wait to get outside again in the Spring. Winter is not kind to me. Hurry back...

Ellen- You are one busy lady.

Mindee- You better be careful on those stairs also...and make them get a light. :0

Hi to all Jaded ladies. As I said above, I did errands today. Looking for some things for the house and had to get groceries. Tomorrow is another Dr. appt. for Mom. She is feeling pretty darn good, so we might get to stop for lunch. Actually, eating has been one of her top priorities this week as food is tasting good to her again.
DH will be home Wed. and I must admit I am missing him. He hates being cooped up in the winter and I get tired of him under foot and/or pacing the house, but at least he is here. I don't think he will be going by himself again....if I have my say. (and I usually do)

Funny thing..do you all remember Slinkys? I have been looking for one for several weeks, every store I am in. Today I finally found them at a dollar store. (I am using one to hopefully keep squirrels off of my bird feeder pole.) My idea is that if the squirrel tries to climb the pole the Slinky will spring and scare it. If it works I will be thrilled as I am always chasing the squirrel out of the sunflower seeds. Anyway, I couldn't believe a Slinky was so hard to find.

Okay ladies...goodnight!

suetalks
01-28-2008, 10:01 PM
Trish- You sneaked in on me. Hey, you are so happy, it makes me happy that you and your DH found each other. My second marriage (the present one) DH and I just got married at the court house in a judges office. No one even knew we were doing it that day. My first was a small wedding in our church's small chapel. Just our parents and siblings there with our best friends standing up for us. This one has lasted 31 years.
Hurray to you for staying OP. I am beginning to think I forget what that means.

Shopaholic1204
01-28-2008, 11:11 PM
Thanks everyone for your prayers. She's expected to make a full recovery. We're all lighting a candle for her tonight.

I've been emotional all day..and from what I've been reading, mostly everyone else is pretty emotional too. I'm just so saddened by everything. Before dh went back to work, I told him to drive extra carefully, and to be careful. I dont know what I'd do if something ever happened to him.

upswife
01-28-2008, 11:20 PM
Francie~SO sorry to hear the tragic news...will keep them in our prayers.

Vann~So nice to meet you! I too know the weight cycle...trying to lose the weight I gained back over the summer.

Jane~I did see all the birthday wishes, and I am thankful that all my friends here took the time to post! It did warm up here, but I think the high was at about 10:30 am then it got cold again.

Trish~Yay to staying OP, and to all the walking in both wal-marts. Whoo-hoo!

Mindee~Be careful with those stairs...I hope Tommy is feeling better

Sue~So funny about the Slinkeys...We have them at Walgreens, but I never thought about using them to scare squirrels!!! I know your DH is probably missing you as much as you are missing him. Good to hear your mom is eating better!

Martie~I Am waiting for that weather system to get to me!!!! I hope we are warm enought that it comes as rain...don't want to deal with any more snow.

Ok, I did make it to the gym...Yay the girls had lunch, and my sister came over. We tool DD1 for her hair cut and DD2 says she wants one too, so They both got new cuts today. I did make it shopping too, so I have more food around, but healthy and somewhat easy to prepare. Did not make it to the oil change, but will have time tomorrow morning. My sister made spaghetti and that was dinner...I do have to get on the ball cleaning the house, we are having a superbowl party on Sunday, so it needs to get done!!!

Well, it is past bedtime for me now, so I will run. See you ladies later!!! and :wave: to all I missed

tommysgirl18
01-29-2008, 12:37 AM

nothing new on this end.....we got our taxes back already. so on Wednesday we are going to look at some vans.....and get our comcast hooked back up! so that means that I will be getting my turbo jam sometime soon! tommy had a great birthday on Monday. we just stayed home and I made stombolis per his request for dinner. I made him a german chocolate cake on Sunday and some sugar cookies. The cookies are gone....he took the last of them with him to work on Monday, and I don't like german chocolate cake, so that is safe here in the house because I won't eat it! He called the lady from the temp agency to put in his 48 hours notice. The place is really crazy and not very organized at all! He said that he got there and they put him on five different machines on Monday, and didn't train him on any of them! So, as it is right now, they will start looking for something else for him.

We are going to a couple birthday parties this weekend. Saturday, we are having a get together for Tommy, his sister and her daughter for their birthdays. Then we will go from there and go to a local pizza place (buffet style) for our niece Roni's birthday party. It is reasonably priced so we are thinking about having Brandon and Marissa's birthday party there. You can rent the party room. You can decorate the room any way you want to, you can move the tables any way you want to. The room is sound proof, so you can't hear what is going on in there and every body else can't hear inside the room.

Vann~ It is so good to see you and hear from you! I am so sorry about your health scare. It is good to have you back! :hug::hug::hug:

Francie~ I will most definitely keep her in my thoughts and prayers. I will send you a PM in a second.

Ellen~ That sounds like a great birthday gift! Me and my hubby are going to get matching tattoos. Right now we are thinking something along the lines of the Harley Davidson bar and shield, with the kids names inside the bars and shield.

Jane~ Sounds like you have your hands full trying to find some fun places! Good luck with that! We got slightly warmer temps, but the rain is suppose to come into town now.....and then after raining all day on Tuesday, the temps will drop and in comes the snow!

Trish~ Sounds like you guys had a full day! we have some full days ahead of us....which should be fun to go van shopping with three kids in tow!

Sue~ We made sure that they know that the light hasn't worked since last summer. There are light bulbs in it right now, but of course they are burnt out. So, Tommy mentioned to the office manager and from what I gather she is going to have them fix them. If not, then when I get a chance I will head over to the office and mention it while the owner is sitting in the office. Tommy did call her to ask about cleaning the stairs for her like she had asked. She told him that she had thought more about it last night, and thought to herself that $30 wouldn't be enough to clean all 10 of the buildings. So, she said that she would pay him $50 to do it. He is going to start on Saturday morning to clean them. She said that she would have to pay him in quarters....but hey, those spend just as well as cash. But then again, some of the money would be going towards doing laundry anyways! I told Tommy that we should find one of those big water jugs and put a sign on it that says "laundry money" and then when he gets paid we can just put the money in there! Let us know how the slinky thing works out.

I have to sit down and make out of grocery list! I had a calendar for February and I am going to write down our menu for each night on that! I found it to be a HUGE help when we did it before. It helped eleviate the "what do you want for dinner tonight?" questions.

I am going to head on over to my living room to do my work out dvd again! I am having a hard time getting it done on Saturday and Sunday because we are usually so busy. But I need to get it done on those days since I don't feel like myself on those days because I didn't get it in.

Marti
01-29-2008, 01:14 AM
Evening ladies. :wave:

Got done doing my walk on the treadmill. And now, I need to get cleaned up and unwind a bit before going to bed. I need to work an early shift tomorrow, the gal I'm covering has a little one pneumonia! Poor thing. He's only 3.

Vann--Oh I'm so glad to see you! :hug: So looking forward to chatting w/you again.

Francie--Oh sweetie...so sorry to hear about your friend. Many hugs and prayers!

Mindee--Hurray on taxes! I haven't even gotten my W2 yet!

Ellen--I love how pretty the snow looks but sure don't like what it does to unsuspecting drivers! Today it was all slushy and tonight.....veerrrry cold! Will be waking up to ice tomorrow.

Sue--I'm so happy to hear that your mama is feeling better. Always makes me smile when I read that. I think I have adopted her as my cyber grandma...she reminds me so much of my own!

Trish--How cute of your hubby to say you've been married 36yrs. I reminded my husband that our 4yrs is coming up...and he's like "already?" :lol: (we've been together 9)

Jane--I'm still waiting for my tickets to WDW? Have you sent them yet? I would love to go someday. I hope you all have the time of your lives!

Hello to anyone I have missed! :wave:

I really need to shower, so ladies...off I go.

Have a great Tuesday!

tommysgirl18
01-29-2008, 01:58 AM
Marti~ I hope your co-workers little one feels better soon! Surprisingly, we didn't have to wait that long to get Tommy's w-2's which was nice....but now it just means that the money will go out the window quicker. It's okay though, we will be putting it to good use on things that we absolutely need!

just got done doing my work out dvd.....so I have to hit the shower. then I will be back to check my email and to unwind some.

Jane
01-29-2008, 12:03 PM
Good morning!

Trish - That's so cute, what your DH says about being married 36 years, lol. I bet he's a lot of fun. At the reception, Neal will walk Katie in the door, and hand her over to Clint. I think that will be so sweet.

Sue - have you checked online for the bedskirt? You wouldn't believe what all I buy online! Yep, I sure do remember Slinkys! They were mesmerizing, weren't they? The ones I've seen around now are plastic. :dizzy: I miss Neal when we're apart from each other, too. He drives me crazy sometimes, but still. :)

Francie - I am still just so sorry for your friend, and so sorry you have to go through this. :hug: I wish there was some way I could help you.

Ellen - mmmm, spaghetti sounds so good. With a big piece of garlic toast, lol. What time should we all be there for the party Sunday? :carrot:

Mindee - I've been making out menus for over 30 years, and can't imagine not having them. I switch things around some, and rely on frozen foods more now, but it sure is easier shopping when you know what what to buy. Don't you think you save money that way, too?

Marti - hope your co-worker's little guy gets better soon. Earlier to work hopefully means you'll get done earlier, too. Uh, gee, I thought I mailed those WDW tickets! :s:

Mary and I spent most of the morning talking about the upcoming Universal Studios/Disney trip. What we're wearing, etc. She's like me - likes to plan ahead, lol. It should be in the 70's and maybe low 80's while we're there. It's so darn gloomy here in my part of the country, I just want some sunshine!

I need to get busy around the house. Take care. :hug:

FrouFrou
01-29-2008, 04:04 PM
Hello ladies...

Good to see you Vann!

Glad your mom is better Sue!

Nothing much going on today. Laundry, walk, made a pot of chili and that's about it.

Hoping all is well weith everyone! Have a good day!

Shopaholic1204
01-29-2008, 05:34 PM
Buongiorno :wave:

Nothing much is new here. I'm almost at my short term goal, just have 1 more pound to loose!! :carrot: I'm thinking about getting a job or taking some online classes. I dunno..I'm just thinking about my options.

Goals for the rest of the day:

Laundry
clean the kitchen
clean up the living room

Hope everyone is having a good day!!!

FrouFrou
01-29-2008, 07:06 PM
WOOHOO Francie to almost being at your short term goal! :woohoo: :bravo: You'll have that pound off in no time!

Hey , I mean to say something the other day about you and DH getting matching tats...that's what me and DH did on my birthday/anniversary. I don't like it but I let him pick it out. It was between two and I wanted this symbol that was nice looking. But he thought this one had more meaning...so yeah, we went for it!

Hello to everyone else again! Getting ready to have some chili in a few minutes...cold day and chili sounded perfect. Had it cooked early and it has been simmering in the crock pot since about 2 and I am starving.

Have a good evening!

Shopaholic1204
01-29-2008, 07:52 PM
WOOHOO Francie to almost being at your short term goal! :woohoo: :bravo: You'll have that pound off in no time!

Hey , I mean to say something the other day about you and DH getting matching tats...that's what me and DH did on my birthday/anniversary. I don't like it but I let him pick it out. It was between two and I wanted this symbol that was nice looking. But he thought this one had more meaning...so yeah, we went for it!

Hello to everyone else again! Getting ready to have some chili in a few minutes...cold day and chili sounded perfect. Had it cooked early and it has been simmering in the crock pot since about 2 and I am starving.

Have a good evening!

do you have a pic of it?

tommysgirl18
01-30-2008, 12:54 AM

nothing new on this end......just relaxing a little and checking my email.

Jane~ That is exactly what I am thinking about saving money! When the lady was coming out here to the house and I was cooking and that, we did a week on budgeting. She really should me how to make a menu and to stick with it. So, I pulled out the paperwork that she gave me when she was here, and I am going to go from there.

Francie~ Bravo on almost being at your short term goal!!!! I am seven away from my next goal.....I am taking it 10 pounds at a time. But eventually I will get there!

Cristina~ I can't wait to see a picture of it if you have one! Me and Tommy weren't really sure about what to get. But I took a picture of a couple of things Harley Davidson related since he loves Harleys. I showed them to him and he came up with the idea of using the bar and shield, taking out the words Harley Davidson, and putting the kids names in it.

upswife
01-30-2008, 08:23 AM
Good Morning Ladies!

Not much new here...made an extra trip to the gym last night with DH, and I am planning on going this afternoon to do weights. Out side of that just planning on trying to stay warm the temps took a dive last night.

Jane and Mindee~hope you both are warm in this frigid weather.

To do list:
Laundry
Kitchen
Bathroom
Gym

Hopefully I can get moving to get this all done.

Marti
01-30-2008, 01:13 PM
Morning Ladies--

How is everyone doing this morning. We still have snow, but it's starting to rain at times and then freeze. Not fun to drive in.

Been walking every night again. Gotta get the flub off the ol' belly! Up the speed and now I tend to sweat double! Ick I know. (sorry)

Jane--My sister and family went to Florida this week. They're visiting my little sister and some friends. They'll be back next week and I'll have to ask how nice the weather is. You'll have a blast!

Cristina--It's total soup/chili weather! I made roasted potato soup over the weekend per DD request. Tasty. Next weekend, Hodge Podge!

Francie--I need to set myself up w/a short term goal. Just don't know when I'll get myself on the scale again....haven't done it for a couple weeks....surely it's gone up!

Mindee--Are your taxes all spent? I'm still waiting for my W2. Should get it soon.

Ellen--What do you like working out on best while at the gym? My favorite is this contraption thing "cross-over bar"? It has many different muscles it works out. Would like to have one at home if I ever came across mega amounts of money to afford it! :lol:

Hello to everyone else.

I gotta scoot. Icy out and I want to leave a bit early. You all have a great day!

upswife
01-30-2008, 04:37 PM
Ok I made it to the gym! Laundry is almost done, and kitchen is done! So far so good, I also just finished re shoveling the driveway...not too much but some drifts. I don't think I will ge tto the bathroom, a friend is stopping by after dinner, so we will see how tired I get.

Martie~I think I know what machine you are talking about, I like that one too, but lately I have been using mostly concentrated machines for legs, shoulders, chest, arms and back, also crunches for the "core"

Well, have to finish folding

Later chicas'

Jane
01-30-2008, 04:50 PM
Hi ladies,

Cristina - chili sounds so good! We're having veggie soup tonight, but I wish it was chili instead, lol.

Francie - whoo-hoo for you almost being at your short term goal! :cp:

Ellen - the winds last night were so scary! A tree fell over in the yard next to Katie's apartment! Now it's so cold again, but hey, it's January still, so I guess it's supposed to be cold, lol.

Mindee - will the nutritionist be coming back?

Marti - the weather in FL will be different in another month than it is now. When we were there before in early March, it was in the 70s. Hope it's that way again. Be careful on that ice!

Mary Kate - I'm thinking of you. :hug:

Katie and I did some more shopping today for the wedding reception. We're just about done with that.

I made my reservations for North Carolina with the same group of friends that I met up with last year. I'm excited about that even though it isn't until mid-September.

LOST is on tonight - anyone else going to watch it?

Later, taters!

FrouFrou
01-30-2008, 07:24 PM
Hi ladies...a quickie for me right now but I will be back later tonight to do individuals. Not sure why I got on...just didn't realize the time...gotta get some dinner cooked!

Ciao for now!

Sassy_Chick
01-30-2008, 10:32 PM
Hi Gurls........

Sorry I have been MIA.......

My back went out, again............So I have been "out of commission" and just tonight feel better, enough that I sit for more than a few min.

This is yet another motivation to get back on track with weightloss. I know my weight definitely does not help my back at all. Infact it probably is the reason why it continues going out on me, even if my dr. is too nice to say so. lol.

I watched Dr. Phil the other day and was very inspired. There was a man who weighed over 700 lbs who made it to the show just to get help to lose weight. It made me realize that I am not a lost cause. Nobody is. I don't care how much weight you have to lose or how difficult it is for you, it IS possible. I guess that is how I've been feeling lately, hopeless. So I really needed to see that show for inspiration.

:hug:

suetalks
01-30-2008, 10:49 PM
Evening ladies.....And it is a very cold one here. I have to go pick up DH at the airport soon and I hate to go out. Brrr.
Nothing going on here today other than me cleaning. What else? :) I did sit down and make up some menus for the next week, so hope that helps. I have to figure out something to get me on track.
Everyone fixed soup today. I made potato soup and added cheese, which is not my normal way of doing it. Was very good.
Cristina and Mindee- I found my book list from 2003. It was interesting to see the books I had read and the ones I had listed to pick up. :)

Jane- We had the bad winds also. Mom and I took shelter for a little while when they said it was going to get worse. Nothing came of it, but I sure couldn't sleep for the howling.

Ellen- You do well going to the gym. I wish DH would go with me. We can sign up at a reasonable price due to his past employment, he just thinks it is a waste of time. :(

Marti- Good job walking again. Don't envy you the snow...Jane probably does though. haha.

Francie- Way to go on making your 1st goal. Hope you hear about your orders soon.

Sassy, Jules, Mary Kate, Vann- Hope ya'll are well. Thinking of you.

FrouFrou
01-31-2008, 12:14 AM
I'm back!

MINDEE & FRANCIE...I will pm you ladies the pic.

MARTI...be careful driving...I hate the ice. What kills me is now they are not doing the roads good enough because a shortage of salt...sold to other states, ugh! Crazy...so they are trying to make what they have last and the way this weather has been it's not going to let up anytime soon. Your soup sounds good!

JANE...vegetable soup sounds good too! I must admit though, the chili was good and hit the spot! We had bad winds today, crazy weather I tell ya!

ELLEN...good for you for getting to the gym. I would love to go but not a fan of going myself. Thought about the Y because DH can get a discount but I think I will wait. Doing okay for myself right now so...

SUE...I agree with you about the snow! Jane can have it all! We are supposed to get about 6 inches starting tonight. I wish I would have started making lists of all the books read back that far, or even further. I go thru phases and at some point start getting rid of books and start over.

SASSY...take care of yourself missy. I know too well about the back going out. Mine is still being stupid and I think I am going to break down and go to the chiropractor. I know I will have to make a commitment to go for a while though. I'm glad Dr. Phil inspired you. :hug: Hey, have you ever read Richard Simmons? He used to have a newsletter, not sure if you have to pay for the subscription or not. But I know even with his videos he always got to me.

HI TRISH, VANN & JULES!

Nothing much going on. I decided to do my grocery shopping today since they are talking about this bad storm headed our way. Saw a couple of pictures of it in Colorado and geez! Too much freakin snow this year for sure! I am sick of it already and ready to move somewhere where it doesn't snow.

Did some walking even though I wasn't going to. Was a busy day and thought I would take my free day today but then felt guilty. So did 60 minutes and feel better for doing it. All in all was a good day for exercise and food. Hoping for at least a 2 pound loss this week. :crossed:

Anyway...getting late and have a couple other posts to make so see ya's tomorrow! :wave: Stay warm ladies and be safe.

pattygirl63
01-31-2008, 12:26 AM
Ladies just a quick fly by. It is late and I'm tired so I'll try to catch up tomorrow. Been busy running around with DH and he may decide to go out tomorrow too. He hasn't decided yet. If not I will check, but if we do I'll be back when I can. Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of all of you.

Hugs,
Trish

tommysgirl18
01-31-2008, 03:23 AM
well, they say when it rains it pours....this would be one of those times!

we got a letter in the mail on Wednesday for a collection agency in regards to the accident that we had. the lady went after our insurance company and because the police officer wrote down the wrong name, her insurance company claimed that it couldn't get a hold of us or our insurance company. so we got a letter stating that Tommy is on the hook for $4,307.86 worth of damages to HER car because HE caused the accident! Tommy called them as soon as he got the letter and told them that he didn't cause the accident that the lady did and the guy he talked to told him well you got the ticket, so therefor it shows that you were the cause of the accident.

So, the guy that he talked to told him that HER insurance company can take him to court, and if they do and win, then he will have to pay the full amount of damages. And if he can't pay it, then they can take his license away and take the license plate off the car so that he doesn't drive. Does anybody know if this is true or not?

I am sorry for cutting this short.....but my teeth are bothering me and it is late. I fell asleep on the couch while Tommy was putzing around online so I got on here late.

Jane
01-31-2008, 07:41 AM
Good morning, ladies,

Sassy - I saw that show, too, and felt bad for the guy. My local weatherman cut in, with detailed storm news, so I missed the very end of his part. Do you think the guy will really do it? My heart goes out to him! Having a nutritionist will help the wife to stop enabling him. Glad your back is better.

Sue - making out menus is a real help to me. I have to say I rely on my crock pot a lot anymore, since I just don't want to spend so much time cooking. Your soup sounds good, and a reasonable portion would be fine. I eat mostly what I always did, (except junk food) just smaller portions.

Cristi - you're doing great with the diet and exercise. I'll have to check out TBL site and see what's up. Yep, we're supposed to have more bad weather, too. Even I am ready for Spring! I've been seeing some new Spring flowers and such at Walmart, and it's getting me in the mood.

Trish - I'm thinking of you, too. Have a good one!

Mindee - I'm thinking you need some legal counsel to represent you! In Indiana, we have lawyer that do pro bono work - maybe you can find one in MI? I don't know how the law works on things like this, but since it isn't Tommy fault, he should not be punished. Please call a lawyer, and even if that one can't help you, they can refer you to one that can. Hope your teeth are feeling better. :hug:

I'm getting my hair done today. Dyed and cut. I am ready again for the shorter length, even though it makes my face look rounder.

Gotta go - I'm starvin' like Marvin! Have a good day.

upswife
01-31-2008, 10:10 AM
Just a quick one for me too.

I really don't like going to the gym alone either, but working out at home was not working with the kids, so I do what I must. Dh and I do go together, but we don't like the same machines, so I still end up working out alone.

Mindee~I would say to talk to a lawyer...they usually will consult for free. Also talk to your insurance company...when I had my accident they did it all for me. Good luck and I Hope things work out...they just take time. ((hugs))

Have to run will try to do indies later!

FrouFrou
01-31-2008, 01:19 PM
Wanted to add these first...this is what I woke up to this morning, ugh! It's kind of pretty though. Ernie dog is so funny because he keeps wanting to go out in it...like a little kid, wanting to play in the snow.

Marti
01-31-2008, 01:25 PM
Good Morning Ladies--

Waiting for the curling iron to heat up....thought I would pop in for a quick hello. :wave:

Got my miles in last night on the treadmill. Feel good to get back on there. Eating is a struggle,,,,,but today I'm really going to make a better effort to think about what I'm putting in my body!

Ellen--You're doing fabulous going to the gym. I have gone to the gym only a hand full of times.....still haven't gone by myself and hoping that I will get the nerve to do so....soon!

Jane--My sister is back from Florida. She said the weather was cool. Not cold just cool. She enjoyed it, telling me that when it gets into the 80's its unbearable.

Sassy--Glad that your back is feeling better. Do you think you might look into a nutritionist for yourself? I've always wanted to find out how much it would be to have some one help me....just never looked into it.

Sue--I've been thinking of getting a weekly menu started. Even pulled out some of my WW cookbooks because they help so much. I'm wanting soup and more soup. I'm fighting a little cold and don't want it to get any worse.....so soup just sounds comforting.

Cristina--You're doing great on exercise and eating. I'm sure you'll see a loss this week. I've gotten back into my walking again. Tried to talk myself out of it last night but didn't cave in....walked. Feel pretty proud of winning that battle!

Trish-- Hi :wave:

Mindee--Wish I could help ya on the car accident issue. But I don't even have a clue. Hope it all turns out ok for you.

Francie, Vann, Tammy, Marykate, Angie, and all the others I have missed .....Hello and big hugs to you! :wave: & :hug:

Irons gotta be hot by now....so off I go.

FrouFrou
01-31-2008, 01:33 PM
Hello ladies...

JANE...confused again...see what's up on TBL site? :shrug: I looked back thinking I said something but didn't see anything. Anyway, I really do prefer Cristina, please and thank you :)

MINDEE...I agree, I definitely would seek legal help. It sounds like they are basically trying to scare you into paying and that is BS. Sorry you guys have to deal with this crap and this woman. :hug:

TRISH...thinking of you too! :hug:

ELLEN...have a good time at the gym!

Nothing much going on today. Staying indoors for sure. Thought about shoveling the walkway and driveway some but I think I will leave it for DH. I am such a nice wife, lol. It's still snowing anyway so...maybe if it stops later I might at least do the walkway and a path from where V and Jason park so they have a path to the door, and Ernie a path from the deck...poor doggie was almost buried when he went potty, lol! Anyway...did 30 minutes of exercise already and want to do another 60.

Have a good day everyone, and stay warm and safe!

FrouFrou
01-31-2008, 01:35 PM
HIYA MARTI...you snuck in while I was typing away! WTG on the walking! I've had days like that...I try to reason with myself, lol. Like yesterday. I tried to tell myself it was okay to have a free exercise day...it didn't work, lol. Thank you!

Have a good day and be safe driving to work.

Jane
01-31-2008, 09:33 PM
Cristina - just me being a doofus again, lol. You went by Cristi for so long, I guess I had a relapse. About TBL, I meant I'd peek in and see how the whole group was doing. Love the photos! We're supposed to get a lot of snow overnight.

Ellen - :wave:

Marti - yay for you getting back w/the treadmill. I am having trouble again with my sacroiliac, so my exercise is very limited. But I'm happy to say that I'm doing very well with food. Why is it usually one or the other? :dizzy:

Neal and I met my sisters and their DHs at the Eagles tonight. The meal was fairly high calorie and fat, but since that's usual for that place, I allowed a lot of points for it. Everyone gets served the same stuff - take it or leave it, lol.

As I mentioned to Cristina, we're supposed to get a lot of snow tonight. Here's hoping it doesn't take out my internet!

Have a good one!

tommysgirl18
02-01-2008, 01:38 AM

nothing new on this end......we had a productive day on Thursday. we went and looked at a new van. good thing is.....we are getting it on Tuesday! It is a Safari van, and there is plenty more room then we have now! so that is a bonus!!

as far as the accident stuff.....that is what we think. we think that they are trying to bluff us into taking a settlement. A friend of mine that used to work in a law office told me to have Tommy call the local secretary of state and see what they say. the damage the was done to the lady's buick was not worth the over $4,000 that she is going after. I told Tommy that it sounds like she had her car checked over and had them fix whatever was wrong with it and then claimed it as being from the accident.

I will do a quick search right now to see if I can find any lawyers here in MI that possibly do pro bono work. if not, at least find someone that we can get a consult with.

Sorry for this being a short one....I am trying to get back into a regular sleeping pattern since all the kiddos like to get up a the crack of dawn....and then proceed to fight me on taking naps.......well except for Marissa.

Sassy_Chick
02-01-2008, 07:02 AM
Morning Gurls. :wave:

Thank You all for your kind words and support. This morning is the first morning I almost feel "normal", well as normal as "I" can be. lol.

I have spent so much time in the bedroom, because I was unable to sit up, so its nice to be able to come out and sit for a while. lol. I am watching Chocolat' on tv, since a co-worker has borrowed my copy. She absolutely loves it as well as Mr. Depp. So I told DH if she does not have my movie today, to just tell her to keep it as a "Baby Gift" :bb: for her. lol. (she is pregnant :preg:) and I can just get a new copy. ;)

We have gotten some ice. DH was out earlier to get me some medicine and said it was slippery. Next week is supposed to be mild though. I wonder if the Groundhog will see his shadow tomorrow?

Sue -- That is what I need to do, plan my menus..........Just "winging it" definitely does not work and sending my DH to the grocery for sure does not work, he always brings back BAD things. lol.

Cristina -- Oh I am, trust me. I thought I had done myself in yesterday, but after a good rest, I am feeling better again. Too bad they won't let me either bring a bed to work or let me work from home!!! lol. Yes I love Richard Simmons, who doesn't?? He is so positive and kind and you know all those good things.........lol. I should get a couple of his dvd's to do while its cold and icy outside. (I definitely do not need to slip and fall!!! lol) Think we should take a trip to the Bahamas? :beach: I think that is going to be my ultimate reward to myself when I finally reach my goal weight, a cruise or something, a REAL vacation. lol. Anyways, think warm :sunny: thoughts!!!

Mindee -- So sorry to hear about what you & DH are going through with the accident, but I agree, get some representation. I would call around, most lawyers will at least do a consultation for free. That is what DH & I did way way back when we first met, we had an issue with our land-lady, so we called around and went to see a lawyer in town who met with us for free and gave us advice on what we should do -- for free. Also you never know, some lawyers do pro-bono work and do not "advertise" it or may do it for free if you explain all the circumstances, as my Grandmother used to say, "you never know until you ask". All I have to say is don't believe those people, I agree they are trying to bluff you into paying that. Oh and another idea: call or email your local news. We did this on a magazine scam we had here and they aired it. So it never hurts to try, people, especially businesses do not like to have negative news about them. It helped us and we got our money's worth, so that I why I say, try it. Anyways, stay strong. :lifter:

Jane -- yes I felt bad for him too. I hope he does it. I know its not easy, for sure.......Good Luck with the hair!!! I have been reading Weight Watchers website, thinking about doing the home thing.

Marti -- yes I have been to a nutritionist, a few years back when I was first diagnosed with diabetes. She went over portion control and to be sure to look at serving sizes, etc, etc. I just need I dunno a push, kick :kickbutt: or something. lol. I actually need a Sabbatical away from everything. lol. If we were so lucky to be able to do that, right? lol. I've been reading, as I mentioned about WW's and other sites and trying to give me that "push" that I need. I think this back thing has pushed me for sure because I am surely tired of it!! lol.

Hi Trish & Ellen!!! Also Hello to Michelle, Francie, Vann, Tammy, Marykate, Angie, anybody else out there who I may have missed!!! :wave:

Well I hope everybody has a wonderful FRIDAY!!! :D

upswife
02-01-2008, 08:30 AM
This will have to be a wuick one, the kids have a snow day! I can't believe how much snow we keep getting. They are talking about a foot when it is all said and done. I was planning on going to the gym, but it depends on how long it takes to shovel...and if the roads get clear. Will try to get on later...maybe a movie for the kids will keep them occupied.

Later Chicas!

Jane
02-01-2008, 09:14 AM
:val1: :val3: It's February! :val1: :val3:

Mindee - hope you got some good rest. Mary is usually torn between staying up late to enjoy the peace and quiet, or sleeping. I remember those days.

Sassy - glad you're feeling better. About WW, you can get your stuff from ebay. The only thing you must have is a points calculator. You can get the Healthy 8 info at the site, and if you PM me, I can help you with the points requirements.

Ellen - I used to love snow days when the kids were home. We'd play Monopoly and drink hot chocolate after we played in the snow. That is, while they were still young enough to want to do that. When they became teens, they liked to sleep in on snow days.

We were supposed to get a bunch of snow, but didn't get much at all. But there is some sleet underneath, which makes it dangerous. I'll be staying in today.

Hey! I was just bopping down the book aisle at Walmart, and lo and behold, there was a new book from John Grisham. His last one, Playing for Pizza, was about football, but the new one The Appeal, is about the law. I think the lawyer ones are so much more interesting.

Stay warm, and be safe if you're out driving today. :hug:

upswife
02-01-2008, 11:51 AM
Whew...I really don't mind shoveling the snow, but it can really take it's toll. Thankfully DH was able to go in later than usual and he helped! Tons to do today, and now I have the kids to help out...LOL. They really can do a lot, I just have to keep up with them, because if I get behind, then they start goofing off.

Jane~We did get a ton of snow, about a foot. It does not seem to be icy or anything underneath, so it won't be too bad once the plows come thru. I put a movie on for the kids, so when I was done I got to enjoy the peace and quiet of the snow outside.

Sassy~A cruise would be sooo good! DH and I went on one a few years ago, they are great because there is so much to do...even with the buffets Dh and I did not gain any weight because we walked the deck every morning. Take car of your back, this weather can make it worse. Good luck with WW!

Mindee~Definitely talk to a lawyer, they can help in so many ways! I used to stay up when the kids were in bed too, but it was too difficult to deal with them the next day. I make it a point to get to bed by 11, midnight at the latest. I still have my quiet time tho...the kids have a strict 8 pm bedtime. LOL

Christina~Yesterday was my free day, no gym. I had increased the weights I use, so my body really needed the timeoff. If Dh gets home from work early enough we will go tonight, but I did already shovel, so that is exercise too. Hope the doggie is having an easier time!

Martie~Thank you, I have been making it to the gym, but I still have not attacked the wallpaper in DS' room. You are putting me to shame with all the work you have been doing in your bathroom..and you are getting in some treadmill time, that is wonderful!

Trish~think of all the calories you are burning running around with DH!!!

Sue~I need to get some menu planning done...we eat so much better when I have it planned out. Do you have any pointers for someone just starting out???

Francie~Hope things are well! Do you have a pic of what you and DH are going to get...I have a tat, but I don't think I could convince DH to get one...Hoping to get another closer to the end of my weight loss journey.

HI and hugs to everyone I missed!!! :wave: & :grouphug:

Things to do today:
Clean kitchen (again)
Finish bathroom
Do one load of laundry
and vacuum and dust whole house

See ya ladies later!

Marti
02-01-2008, 01:03 PM
Quicky for me this morning......I will be back on later tonight to do individuals.

Our snow has turned to down pours of rain. So no more ice, just the inability to see through sheets of rain!

I'm so happy that it's Friday. This week was long. Not much planned for the weekend, just sanding down the walls in the bathroom to get it ready for painting.

Ok....need to get ready for work. Will be back though....have a great Friday everyone!

vannh9
02-01-2008, 02:14 PM
Thanks for all the warm welcome backs!!

Jane thanks for asking about Griffin --He is 12 going on 25:-) I know you understand.

Trish--Hello-I actually travel to your part of the State from time to time. Glad to know there is someone so close:-) Nice to meet you.

Sue --Good to see you:-) I really have thought about all of you...you are Vegas? Right? I dread weighing in this week because I am still not doing as well as I know I am capable. We are hearing rumors of a new boss and that always creates stress!!!!!

Francie--I will keep your friend in my prayers:-( very sad Sorry

Ellen-Hi I look forward to getting to know you better.

Mindee--Hello and thanks for the welcome. The kids are beautiful!!!

Hi Marti - It is so nice to be back! Thanks again for the support

Christina--and to ALL,

I don't like to exercise..it is too cold to walk..I am not trying to make excuses, but that is just the way it is. HOWEVER, I know that for me to move the needle I am going to have to find something that will work in my life. As I said earlier, I travel, entertain clients, go home to Griffin exhausted at night (single parent -so I can't leave him to go to the Gym) Please offer any ideas of things that might inspire me to MOVE my rear:-)

Thanks for listening

Vann

FrouFrou
02-01-2008, 02:18 PM
Hello ladies...

JANE...I see about TBL, and understand about the name. I still call you Jana when speaking about you ladies to the hubby. Called you that for so long it still seems odd to call you Jane, but working on it.

SASSY...speaking of Richard Simmons...I just saw this morning, early this morning, that he has the Sweating to the Oldies in dvd! It was a commercial for that and two other dvds with interviews from people who lost and were on the video. It said it was $29.99, or just $29...was almost tempted to get it...we'll see. But...not meaning to but in, if you are serious about doing WW, and I mean really serious, I have stuff for it. It is from when we joined last year. I'm not doing it anymore and it is just sitting around collecting dust. In my mind I still have points to certain foods but for the most part I don't use it. Let me know...and be careful with your back.

ELLEN...oops! Thought I read you had gone to the gym yesterday. You are doing great with going though...keep up the good work! And yes shoveling is a workout! I was going to walk again yesterday after I did 60 minutes of walking to make 90 but thought I would go ahead and shovel teh driveway for DH & DS...almost got it done before DH came home and finished it off...but did it for an hour and called it good on the exercise.

FRANCIE...how are you doing missy? How is your friend...been thinking about her.

MARTI...be careful on your way to work.

MINDEE...glad you guys are talking with someone about the lady. Woohoo to the van!

HI to everyone else :wave:

Not a lot going on...laundry and exercise. Looking forward to WI tomorrow...normally don't but I feel good this week and know there will be a loss! Actually had a very good week with the food and exercise and my back is soooo much better so I can do more.

Anywho...have a great day ladies!

FrouFrou
02-01-2008, 02:25 PM
HI VANN...guess we were posting at the same time. Good to hear from you. What I like to do when I get tired of the treadmill and walking outdoors is the WATP dvd's...Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds...she has a 1 mile one that is only 15 minutes long. it is basically walking/marching in place and believe it or not, you actually do get quite the workout with them. She has a lot of different ones...I have the 1, 2 & 3 mile ones and the Walk and Jog one which is 2.5 miles. All you need is a t.v./dvd player and the motivation to do it...you can do it in the comfort of your own home! You can check them out on her website...you can see a little snippet of what it's all about.

Have a good day!

Sassy_Chick
02-01-2008, 05:30 PM
Hey all.

I feel really yuck :p today. Can't really describe it no better than that. lol. Kinda that feeling like you've been out partying the night before, kinda like that, only I wasn't out partying! lol.

I will post indies later..........feeling bad......

Well I am off to go and watch some tv and try to feel better. I feel lousy. :barf:

Ok, I am now feeling better.......I am so glad.........:cp: So now off to Indies......

Jane --- thanks......I am still thinking........I know I should just do it, but don't wanna buy all the stuff and end up not using it.....I will let ya know if I have any questions.....;)

Ellen -- Yes a cruise would be so awesome. DH & I could definitely use one about now........lol. But we WILL go on one someday, for sure!!!

Cristina -- I went to Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/002-1646215-6232855?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=sweating+to+the+oldies&x=0&y=0) and they have quite a few of Richard's DVD's. One that looks cool is the 80's blast. ;) I am still deciding on the WW thing, thank you so much for the offer and I will definitely keep it in mind!!! :)

Hi to everybody else out there, I hope you all are well!!

pattygirl63
02-01-2008, 08:55 PM
Good Evening Ladies

Mindee - Glad you found a van you like. I love a van. DH doesn't. Sorry you are having problems with the lady over the accident. I agree with everybody else that you need to get advice from a lawyer.

Francie - Have you heard anything else about your friends status. She and her family are in my thoughts and prayers constantly. This is going to be so difficult for her. It is difficult enough to lose a mate or a child and she has lost both. My heart goes out to her.

Sassy - Glad your back is better. Sorry you are feeling lousy. I hope you get to feeling yourself again soon.

Cristina - I loved the Sweatin to the Oldies. I let someone talk me into letting them borrow my video of it and they never returned it to me. I don't know if I can do it now with my knee like it is, but I just may order it and see. It was my favorite exercise over the years.

Jane - I don't like icy roads. Do be careful if you do get out.

All you chickies who are having all that the snow, cold rain etc stay safe and warm.

This has been a week of run, run, run. Thought we were going to stay home today and DH had to go get meds. So we have eat out a lot this week and we are going to eat out tomorrow when we go out of town with friends/relatives. I have managed to stay OP which is amazing. We went to Wal-Mart to get meds and I got materials to start making weekly food plans as well as I can of course eating out is hard to plan, but I think I can still do it. Also got stuff to make daily check lists of things to do each day. I hope this will help organize my life better so I can have a better chance to succeed at losing weight and get my house clean etc.

Hello Jules, Ellen, Vann, Marti and anyone else I missed. Busy week end so I will probably not see y'all on here again till Monday. Have a great week end.

Hugs,
Trish

pattygirl63
02-01-2008, 08:59 PM
Ellen - Forgot to tell you I enjoyed the picture of your children. They are cute.

sz2atheart
02-01-2008, 09:44 PM
Dropping in for a quickie to let ya'll know that I'm still here! Just real busy with work, my mom and working on our library/office. Tonight we were drilling through the floor down to the basement running cable for a flat screen TV. Tomorrow will be relocating the electric outlet further up the wall behind the TV, shopping and laundry. Sunday I'm going to a bridal show with dd and making a pot of chili along with some frajitas for dh for super bowl. I'm happy that we are not going to any parties. I didn't want the temptation with all the food. The friends that we usually party with are going to the bahama's instead....lucky them and lucky me not having all that food. No snow for us today, just tons of rain. Heading to the shower....nite nite all. Hopefully I get back sometime over the weekend.

FrouFrou
02-02-2008, 12:25 AM
Just a quick Hi for now...jumped on the puter for just a few mintues tocheck a couple of things before heading to bed. Be back tomorrow...nighty night ladies!

Jane
02-02-2008, 07:48 AM
Hi ladies,

Ellen - that's such a cute picture of your kids in the avatar! So sweet. Holy cow, you got a lot of snow. Our weathermen predicted a bunch, then all we got was a dusting, so they did a lot of 'splainin' yesterday, lol.

Marti - I can't wait to see a pic of your new bathroom when you're done.

Vann - yw. I sure do understand about 12 y/o's. Had 3 of them myself, lol. The girls got emotional around that time, and my son tried to get lippy. Operative word "tried", hahaha. When I read about your exercise dilemma, I planned to tell you all about the WATP videos, so since Cristina did, too, maybe you should try them. The one I have now is Walk Away Your Waist, and comes will stretchy arm bands attached to a velcro belt. Actually, I think you look beautiful just the way you are, but I respect your decision to lose more.

Cristina - good luck with your WI today. Feels good to know the scales is for sure going to go down, doesn't it? Glad your back is better, that sure makes a difference in what you can do. My sacroiliac is acting up when I try to do the WATP dvd I just told Vann about. So I'm afraid to push it and hurt my back worse, for awhile.

Sassy - oh, I hope you didn't end up with the flu!

Trish - I missed you this week. YAY for staying OP while eating out, and also for buying all the organizer stuff to help you stay OP. I can tell you're really serious about getting healthy.

Tammy - I have had a flat panel TV since we moved almost 2 years ago, and it sits on a table. I wish we could put it on the wall, because they look so much better that way, but it's in front of a window. Yay for you, having a plan to stay OP for super bowl Sunday.

Hello to the others, and anyone reading this. :wave:

It's colder than a well-digger's knuckles out there today, so I plan to stay in, again. Good news - I'm down 1 1/2 pounds this week.

My plan for the day is to clean the bathrooms and sweep the whole house. Also, I'm going to make a pot of chicken and rice. Nice and thick, like my mama used to do. Her's tasted better, though.

Wonder if the groundhog will see his shadow? Makes no difference, since there's 6 weeks of winter left either way, right? lol

Later, taters!

Marti
02-02-2008, 02:25 PM
Hello ladies...

I'm sitting waiting for sis and BIL to come pick me up. They're house hunting and wanted to see if I wanted to tag along.............of course!

I got so engrossed in the book I'm reading last night that by the time I went to bed it was 3:30! Sheesh!

I don't have time for indi's for now, but I'll try later on tonight after my walk.

Have a great Saturday.

FrouFrou
02-02-2008, 10:22 PM
Hello ladies...

A little tired this evening. Who would have thought two little ones could run a person ragged? Not really them though...but more me waking up at 3 in the morning and not really being able to go back to sleep until it was time to get up, lol. So I am sleepy.

Took Josh's GF's little ones to Chuck E. Cheese. What the heck was I thinking? Lol We had a fun time though. Had them for most of the day till Charlotte picked them up at 7'ish.

I am happy to say I am down 4 pounds this week. I knew I did good but didn't think I did that well. :yay: Feeling real good about that and almost being in the 170's...that is amazing to me...being in the 170's. Anywho...

JANE...:yay: on the 1 1/2 pounds this week! Chicken and rice is always a fav here.

MARTI...hope you had fun with your sis & bil house hunting. I too love looking at houses...get all kinds of ideas for my own! How is your bathroom coming along? So what are you reading that is so good?

TAMMY...bridal show sounds fun!

MINDEE...did you guys get the van?

TRISH...I still love Richard Simmons...my first one kind of disappeared somewhere, lol. I say that because the kids even liked it and used it, lol. Never have found it but did find one on amazon a few months ago! But now I see they have a dvd!

VANN...how are you doing?

SUE...hoping all is well with you and yours.

SASSY...hope you back is feeling better.

ELLEN...I concur...the avatar of your children is adorable...they are so cute!

FRANCIE...how are you doing lady?

Well, I think I am going to grab my book and head to bed in a few minutes. Probably won't get much reading done though.

Have a good evening.

suetalks
02-02-2008, 10:42 PM
Just a quick "hi" to let you all know I am still here...and we are fine. Just haven't felt like posting. DH got home Wed. so busy with his laundry. Spent Thurs. visiting with his sis and eating out.
We did get a mile walk in today. Cold as it was.

I will try to get back on schedule and come back next week.

upswife
02-02-2008, 11:41 PM
Hello ladies! Boy what a day! Lets see...a trip to the gym, had lunch at a small taqueria (mexican) and wow...I was impressed! Then off to the store, looked at a house (dh's idea) then back home. I have made coleslaw and potato salad for tomorrow, and they are both chilling now. Off to bed soon...I have to wait for DH to brush his braces...LOL he makes such a big to do about it. But I guess If I had to get them now instead of hen I was younger,I would be the same as he is.

Nighty nite ladies

tommysgirl18
02-03-2008, 01:56 AM

Nothing new on this end……just making it through our last weekend with our old van! We get our new one this coming Tuesday and boy we can’t wait! We are getting a Safari van…..can’t remember the year. But it is really nice and I can’t wait to get it!!!!

Sassy~ Thanks for that suggestion! I am definitely going to mention to Tommy about calling around to get some lawyers opinions. Two of my older sisters work with an attorney, and I sent one of them an email with what is going on to get some answers from him. Unfortunately he left on Thursday for Florida for a week and a half. So, hopefully we will be getting some good news from him soon!

Jane~ Yup…..those would be my days right now! Torn between having some me time or going to sleep. Usually I try to do a little bit of both. But lately, it really hasn’t been that bad since Brandon AND Logan haven’t been taking naps. Although, Logan did take a nap on Saturday.

Ellen~ Logan has a bedtime that he has stuck with since I can remember. He is in bed by 7:30. 8 at the latest. Brandon is my one that doesn’t want to miss anything! But since he hasn’t been taking naps any more, he is usually not too far behind his brother. Marissa has her days. She is usually in bed between the boys. But the past couple of nights she has taken a bottle at 10pm and then out for the rest of the night We got our cable turned back on on Saturday. So, when we put her into bed, and turned the tv on to the country station…..she wanted to prop herself up on her arms to WATCH it! So, I brought her out, she ate another bottle, and then happily went on to dream land. We have to buy her some more baby food when we go shopping on Monday!

Vann~ It is good to hear from you! It has been cold here too…..so I have been doing a work out dvd that Tommy bought me. Now that we have our cable back…..I am going to be looking into those on demand shows so that I can spice things up a little bit!

Cristina~ Nope, we didn’t get the van yet! We are getting it on Tuesday and I can’t wait!!!!

hello to every one that I missed!! I am trying to get back on track really quickly while cleaning up a couple of things on here.

sz2atheart
02-03-2008, 09:31 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!

Just got back from WW and I'm down another 1.6 lbs. :carrot: Gotta get dressed now and head to the bridal show. I made a pot of low fat chicken chili for tonight's game but now will be tempted with dozens of wedding cake samples at the show. Wish me luck. I'll check in with indy's tonight. Have a wonderful Sunday ladies!!

pattygirl63
02-03-2008, 03:23 PM
:bravo:!!!!!!!

:congrat:!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good Job!!!!

Christina - 4 lbs loss
Jane - 1.5 lb loss
Tammy - 1.6 lb loss
We work so hard and some times the reward seems slow coming, but it does happen. You go Jaded Ladies!!!!

I didn't lose this week, but did check my measurements and down 4'" overall.

:hug: Trish

pattygirl63
02-03-2008, 04:02 PM
Hi Ladies

Christina - Chuck E. Ceese!!! You brave girl. Did you take them by yourself? We always try to take the grandchildren there when they come to visit. It is a real mad house. But they do love it and it does wear them out so that they are ready to be calm when we get home. I went on line and ordered the Richard Simmons Sweatin' to the Oldies DVD and I also ordered his FoodMover info. To me it is a lot like the old WW program with exchanges which I always did better on. Used to have his Deal-A-Meal and almost made goal with it. Hope this is the same as the old WW/DAM programs. Any way I look forward to getting the DVD. I think I can still do it even with my knee.

Mindee - Congratulations getting your new van Tuesday. It is always fun getting a new vehicle. I'm glad you are going to get legal advice about the accident issues. I think that is wise.

Marti - I love house looking especially at new houses. Such fun. Hope you enjoyed it.

Tammy - Good luck with the wedding shower and have fun watching the game. Sounds like you may be having a super bowl party. Right? DD in FL is having one.

I was good all week staying OP. Then we went to Olive Garden and I got the chicken alfredo and a salad. DH and I shared only one breadstick. Did good with the salad. We ordered the lunch size and I'm sorry to say I ate most of it. I was up 2 lbs this morning, but I know it is just temporary and I will probably be back down tomorrow. The upside is that I decided to check my measurements and I was down 4 inches over all. That kept me from being too disappointed and giving up. So I am still OP today.

I was just telling DH's SIL, yesterday, that I always loved the old WW plan with exchanges and why. Then I went online to purchase Richard Simmons Sweatin to the Oldies DVD and decided to order his plan which I hope is similar to the old WW and old Deal-A-Meal. We will see.

I hope everybody hads a great Super Bowl day.

Hugs,
Trish

Jane
02-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Hi ladies,

Cristina - 4 pounds down - a big WHOOHOO to you! I love Chuck E. Cheese. I don't know the name of it, but the game where you roll a ball up, and try to get it into the holes - that's my fave. Whack-a-mole is also a hoot.

Sue - I was hoping all is well at your house, especially with your mom. You were missed, so git yur bunz back in here soon! :lol:

Ellen - hope you're enjoying the super bowl party. I like to have some of that potato salad right about now!

Mindee - I'm very happy for you guys, getting a new van. It's always fun to get a new ride.

Tammy - YAY for you, 1.6 more down! Good luck :crossed: at the cake tasting. We are getting just regular chocolate and white cupcakes for Katie's reception. They will be placed on a tier stand, with their small 1 year anniversary cake on top.

Trish - don't you think measurements are a much better indication of how we're doing that the scales? The scales can fluxuate so much! Good for you, being down 4"!

Neal's watching the game, and I have no interest at all in that, so here I am. My day's been a good one. I went to Kohl's and got new gym shoes for summer. I also bought a laptop case on wheels, since it's smaller than a regular carry-on with wheels, and will fit under an airplane seat, instead of having to put it overhead. I want it at my fingertips, since I keep my tickets, a book, iPod, etc, in it. Although our checked bags all have wheels, I used to take a bag that I had to carry as a carry-on, and it just gets so heavy.

I've been doing great with the food. Today I added raw sugar snap peas to my salad, and if you haven't had that, you might want to give it a try. They are so crunchy. Yum!

TTFN,

sz2atheart
02-03-2008, 08:26 PM
Trish--thank you for the encourgement on the weight loss. With 2 weddings and a graduation coming up, I'm motivated to get the last of the pounds off. No, no party tonight, just chicken chili so dh does't have much to clean up. I cook and he cleans. He will want to get back to the game quickly.

Cristina--Wow!!! 4 lbs. Doesn't it feel so good. Looks like you are practicing being Grandma!

Mindee--Getting a new van huh? Your dh must be so excited. :)

Vann--Hey girl...welcome back!!!

Jane--Welcome to the losers this week :D !! Congrats!

Marti--Whatcha reading? I haven't read anything good in a while. Too busy with house projects and wedding stuff. I need something to relax with instead of wine ;)

Hugs to Sue, Ellen, Sassy, Francie, Jules....I know I must be missing someone so here's another :hug:

What a day I've had. We had a ball at the bridal show. I think I got "photographer overload" from talking to so many of them. I did taste about 10 cakes.....that's bites mind you!! I got so sick of tasting cake that I can't believe that I even said that. My dd and I had to find someone with crackers because we were feeling nauseated from the sugar high. But the crackers came with crab dip :D Well, I do have all week to work off those calories! Made it home than ran out to look at desk chairs and got so confused that we are waiting for the furniture to be delivered on Thurs before deciding. Besides, the chair that we thought we wanted (after taking 45 min of chair hopping) is out of stock :mad:

Well, I believe that I'll head up to the shower, iron my uniforms for the week and watch something on the tube that doesn't have men in little tight trousers running after a ball. Then again.....some of those guys look pretty cute :o

upswife
02-03-2008, 10:40 PM
LOL Tammy. I only watch sports to see the men in tight white pants (not really but Hubby gets a kick out of that!)

tommysgirl18
02-04-2008, 01:38 AM
well, I didn't get a chance to weigh myself on Sunday, so I am about to go do so here in a couple minutes. I am afraid to see the number since we have done some eating out more then usual. I am hoping that I can get that nipped in the bud though. Tommy has told me that when we go grocery shopping, which we are going to do on Monday, that we will NOT be buying any junk food since that is what the kids want to eat more then regular food! So, yeah on that! Now, I just have to make sure that he sticks to it when we go shopping!

congrats to all those that have lost! I am working on getting back on track. I just don't seem to have my mojo anymore! But I am working on getting it back! I am going to be looking at what stuff we have on OnDemand as far as exercise wise, and I will be doing different things to broaden my horizons!

as usual I am all over the place......so sorry for the absence of indy's but I will get a chance to do them soon!

Shopaholic1204
02-04-2008, 02:29 PM
hi everyone!! sorry that i havent been around. my internet went out a couple days ago, and i just got it back up today. then my cable went out too..so things were just sucking all around. but we still had a fun weekend. we saw juno & 27 dresses!!! other than that..nothing much has happened, lol.

hope everyone had a good weekend and a great week!!!

FrouFrou
02-04-2008, 02:39 PM
Hello ladies, and a Happy Monday!

Thank you ladies for the woohoo's! :) :thanks:

JANE...skee ball is what it's called...or I think that's the one you are talking about. But I like that one too! I'm not much of a football person anymore. I still like a few teams and will catch a game every now and then, but I get bored with it pretty quick.

SUE...glad all is well, and we do miss you when you're not here. good job on the walking! Hope hubby had a nice time in Veags and won some!

ELLEN...funny! There was a time I loved football, I still like some teams but the Giants and Pats are not them, lol. DH caught the end of the game in the bedroom, lol. I watched Knocked up and Rush Hour 3, lol.

TAMMY...woohoo to the loss this week! :carrot: Don't you just hate that? You try all kinds of chairs or couch or whatever and then you find the perfect one only to be told they are out? Ugh! Is your office almost done, and are you liking the green paint?

TRISH...My daughter went with me so I did have help. The kids were actually better at Chuck E. Cheese than at home, lol! The little girl, Cambrie, yes, Cambrie...makes me think of cheese..anyway, she is HYPER 100 times more than a hyper child, lol! But for the most part they were good, until their mother came. Of course the mother warned me about taking them together, lol. She said I should take one at a time but I didn't want one to feel left out. Just going to have to find things to keep them busy...don't have anything for little kids in this house. Woohoo to getting Richard Simmons, he is such a caring person, I've always liked him.

MINDEE...I'm excited for you guys, getting a new van, sounds nice! I can't remember who mentioned the OnDemand, think it was Marti or Sassy :dunno: maybe they know of some exercise programs. I know what you mean though. You'll find something to motivate you, you can always come here! I hope that we can motivate you, at least be here for you. :hug:

HIYA SASSY, JULES, MARYKATE, FRANCIE, hoping all is well with you ladies.

Nothing much going on with me today. Getting laundry done and already did half my exercise. Getting ready to jump on the treadmill. It's such a nice day today I should go walk outdoors. Supposed to be 68 today and then 38 tomorrow-weird freaking weather I tell ya.

Have a wonderful day, ladies!

FrouFrou
02-04-2008, 02:43 PM
HIYA FRANCIE! We must have posted at the same time! How did you like Juno? Me, DD and hubby went to see it and even he liked it! When he heard what we were going to see he just kind of sighed, lol. But he liked it. I thought about 27 Dresses...it looks funny but saw that The Diving Bell and the Butterfly was on so going to see that Wednesday instead. I read the book and loved it and am dying to see the movie. Over the weekend though I finally watched Knocked Up...I thought it was going to be funny. Well, it was but not as funny as I anticpated. Also watched Rush Hour 3...okay, one and two were okay but 3 was ugh. Anyway, glad to see ya back and sorry about the internet and cable being out, that would totally suck for sure!

Have a great day!

Shopaholic1204
02-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Hey Cristina!!!

We LOVED Juno!!!!! Its my new fave movie!!! I cried in some parts, lol. And Ellen Page (spl?) how cute was she!?!? I loved her!!! I wish it was out on dvd, so I can buy it. I really liked 27 Dresses. It was cute and predictiable..like your usual chick flick. Dh thought it was okay..he laughed at some parts, lol. I loved Knocked Up. I always bawl my eyes out at the end of the movie, lol. We also went to the bookstore this weekend..and I got 2 new books. "The Little Lady Agency & The Prince" by Hester Browne..and "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult. I've been wanting to read it for the longest time!!!!!!!

I'm gonna go read now...bbl

Jane
02-04-2008, 07:17 PM
Hi ladies,

Tammy - did you order the chair locally? If not, maybe you can find it online. Shipping would be a bear, though.

Cristina - skee ball! right!! I can get almost vicious playing that game, hahaha!

Francie - I have My Sister's Keeper and Plain Truth by the same author sitting in my bookcase, and was going to start one of them until I saw the new John Grisham novel, The Appeal. So far, it's an excellent book! Classic Grisham, with NO mention of football as in his last (boring) novel.

A big hello to you other JLs. :wave:

Tomorrow I'll be busy running errands in town. I'm going to try to get my ironing done tonight so that isn't hanging over my head.

Neal tracked in fire soot from outside all over the living room carpet. You should see it! :yikes: I didn't fuss at him at all, because he felt bad enough about it. Carpet cleaner guy is coming Thursday.

Food is OP. :cp:

TTFN,

upswife
02-04-2008, 08:36 PM
Hey ladies!!! Just trying to catch up today from yesterday...esp since DH had a few too many and decided that we needed to stay up late. I think we went to bed at 2:30am My poor sister had to get up for an 8 am class, but she definitely was doing better than I was this morning, and I didn't even drink anything!!! No fair. Oh well, I was pretty mad at DH because of how much he drank, but I guess he paid for it today...hung over and not feeling well at all. Took DD1 to the dr so she missed school again today! She seems to have a sinus inf, so hopefully with the antibiotics she will be able to kick it. Also had the dr draw her blood, they are doing a CBC, Hemoglobin and lead tests. Will keep you all posted on how the results turn out.

Otherwise, just trying to make it thru the day, between staying up too late and TOM being overly heavy, I am just wiped out. I think I am going to try to get to bed by 9:30 or 10 tho so I don't mess up my sleep schedule.

Jane~oh my goodness! Soot all over the carpet!!! I would have flipped...but I have calmed down, esp with kids my carpet is never clean. I finished my Clancy novel, and I picked up two books from the library Growing up absurd and How to be good I can't think of the authors right off the bat, and I am too lazy to find them.

Francie~So sorry about your internet and cable...I would have gone nuts! I would like to see 27 Dresses, but don't think DH will want to see it. WE rented Wedding crashers and Superbad. Loved wedding crashers and superbad was ok.

Cristina~I didn't watch too much of the game either, but I did see the end of it. Was nice here untill it started to snow, but today it warmed up, and will stay warm until tomorro night, but then we are supposed to get more snow, they are saying another 4-6 inches...good thing I have my books to read. Dh and I saw Knocked up a little while ago, and I thought it was going to be funnier, but still a good movie

Mindee~hope your mojo comes back soon, I know there are times I just keep pushing, even tho I didn't feel like it, but that helped get me back on track. ((hugs))

Tammy, Trish, Vann, Sue and anyone I have missed~:wave: & :grouphug:

Oh, I almost forgot, Didn't make it to the gym today, but will try to get there tomorrow evening...Dh is on vacation, and that should make it easier to get there, but somehow, we never do!!! I really need to get back to my spanish lessons too, haven't done them in about 3 or 4 weeks...hope I haven't forgotten too much. Have to run, almost time for the kids to get in bed.

pattygirl63
02-04-2008, 08:46 PM
:grouphug:Hello Ladies

Just a quick check in to say hello. Didn't get everything done on my list today, but I am doing better with things. Staying OP. I spent today planning my meals for the week. :cp:

Hopefully, I will get into house work tomorrow & I am going to try to start going to bed earlier at night hopefully no later than 11 pm. That isn't always easy to do. Have a great evening ladies.

Hugs,
:wave:
Trish

Sassy_Chick
02-05-2008, 12:59 AM
Hey all........

Hope you all are doing well. It is still 60 degrees here!! :fr: I have the windows open!!! Freaking amazing!!!! I didn't go to work tonight (obviously) my back was still a bit sore so I decided to stay home. I will have to go back tomorrow night though, if I wanna get paid that is. lol. (outta personal time)

My mom called, she is getting scr**ed by her job right now, sorry don't know how else to say it than that. They are forcing her to take a class to get her CNA (Certified Nurses Aid) license and she does not want to be a CNA. She was one for about 23 yrs or so and that was long enough. Now she is a resident assistant, they help with housekeeping and passing out feeding trays, etc. Well if she quits, they are going to make her owe $1200!! She unfortunately signed some papers so who knows what she agreed too. So she won't be moving up here this summer, she said maybe next year or so, but I'm not counting on it. I'm not mad at her for it, its her life, not mine, I'm just upset that she didn't have someone look over those papers before she signed them, now she is stuck there. But I guess as they say, "live and learn".

I wish I had the $$ I would just pay the a$$holes and move her up here, but unfortunately we don't have that kind of money. I am thinking about possibly getting a (gulp) 2nd job. Maybe I could find one to do from home and then if I do it on my nights off, then maybe I can see if down the road maybe I could do it full time and leave my crappy a$$ job!!! Plus earn some extra $$ maybe I can send to my mom to help her with some bills she has.

I dunno I just hate that she is stuck there, you know? I know what its like to be stuck somewhere and its no fun. So I may see what I can do to help her out, at least maybe help her pay off some of her bills so she can at least not have to worry about that.

Well I guess I have rambled on long enough, sorry.........just really concerned about my mom. I want her to be here, so its easier on her and I hate to here that she has it harder.

Big :hug:

tommysgirl18
02-05-2008, 01:41 AM
well i did get some good news I guess......the scale had moved back down......AFTER it had gone up from the eating out. So, I guess that is a good thing! we did our grocery shopping and I had gone down one aisle and mentioned to Tommy to grab something (I don't even remember what it is now) and he says "I thought you said no junk food?" So, we left out of that store with no junk food.....we then had to go to another store to finish up our shopping, and again left without any junk food!!! I am so proud of myself. We even bought a ton of fruit to have in the house!

Cristina~ The WI went okay I guess.....It told me that I had gone back into the 240's which I thought I was away from.....but all the eating out had crept up on me. So now that we have our meals planned for the next month I am hoping that we will be back on track......AND with no junk food in the house it is going to be even better for us! I constantly get motivated by you wonderful ladies and sharing in your experiences! I did these stripper type exercise programs on OnDemand a while ago, and liked them because they engaged different muscles then any other work out programs that I have done before. So, maybe I will look to see if there are any more of those on there. If I am not mistaken though, we also get exercise tv somewhere on our thing.

Sassy~ We had warmer weather on Monday as well......it is suppose to be 50 on Tuesday.....and then snowing that night! that is just crap that your mom is stuck where she is now.

just a quick pass through since my gums are bothering me now along with both my ears. So, I am debating if I am going to take some motrin for the pain.....which usually puts me right to sleep. I am trying not to take that too much since it seems like I am gearing up for it every night just to get some sleep.....which is not a good thing. SO, I am trying to use it as a last resort.

Marti
02-05-2008, 01:52 AM
Hello Ladies...

I just got done walking. Needed to get it done. I have felt completely horrible all weekend, but managed to keep myself busy. Not sure what's wrong, just having belly aches.

I'm trying to keep my eating in control.....not being very good at it at times, but I'm better than I have been in the past. And I'm still walking. Need to get back to the gym someday. Can't waste a membership like that!

I'm exhausted, so this is just a quicky. I'll try to get on tomorrow morning and catch up w/you all.

And since I'm the last one for the night and we're close to the end....I'm going to close this one and start a new one.

So see you all at 287. :wave: