South Beach Diet - Weekend On The Beach Chat

View Full Version : Weekend On The Beach Chat

cottagebythesea
01-26-2008, 07:09 AM
I woke up to the wonderful aroma of coffee wafting up the stairs. That was a nice way to entice me out of my nice warm nest this morning! :)
It's a cold one today! We're going out for a bit of breakfast shortly, then I have to go shopping for a baby shower gift for my niece. The baby shower is this afternoon, and of course I waited until the very last minute to buy a present!

femmecreole
01-26-2008, 07:34 AM
Cottage, have fun at the shower! (and thanks for reminding me that I need to get a baby gift for one of my daughter's friends! One of my clients sells organic baby gifts and I need to ask her to send me something special!)

It is cold and nasty and rainy here just like it's been for the last 2 weeks while my family has been here. We went to N.O. yesterday to eat, but had to skip the dessert place because the weather was so icky and we figured we would get stuck in Mardi Gras parade traffic anyway, so we headed back around 4. Today we are driving over the Gulf Coast to visit another cousin who has a "weekend house" over there. And if the rain slacks up, tomorrow we are going to "Barkus" which is a Mardi Gras parade for dogs (http://www.icorp.net/carnival/features/2006-barkus/Mardi_Gras-3.html) and a real hoot. This year's parade theme is "Indiana Bones and the Raiders of the lost bark"

Pacergal29
01-26-2008, 07:47 AM
Morning Ladies, thank goodness for the weekend! Not much on my plate today except cleaning and laundry. Thinking of starting some Chili, sure have had the weather for it!

Cottage Enjoy the baby shower!

Cat that doggie parade sounds like a blast! Enjoy!

Now that I think about it I may make today a SB baking kinda day! Off in search of good eats!

Have a great weekend chicks! And dust to us all!

KO
01-26-2008, 08:36 AM
Morning Ladies!
Cottage thats The second best way to wake up. . .When I was a teenager I was usually up first (Im just a morning girl) Occasionally My Mom or Gram would awaken me With a cup of Coffee :coffee: That gave me such a good memory to start the day with!!! Thanks :D Have fun at the shower!!
Cat I want to go to BARKUS TOO! That sounds so great!
Steph your day sounds like mine!
This is a quickie as I'm pondering going back to bed or to WATP I'm going to do more Ph 1.5 and a lot less Ph 2 I'm a bit too far into the dark side

tomandkara
01-26-2008, 08:57 AM
Good morning!

Cat, one of my friends from grammar school was stationed in Mississippi recently and went to that parade with her little something of a dog last year. She had a blast and sent me about a hundred pictures of the thing!

Kierie, good luck with your Phase 1.5! Cutting out the bread helps me get back on track. Even if I have some oatmeal I'm fine. It's just the wheat that seems to get to me, and if I let it get out of control then I'm dizzy from spiraling.

Stephanie, you reminded me that I forgot to do my laundry tonight...oops...I'll have to start it in the morning before I head out to do my run. Maybe I should start it afterwards so I can throw in my stinky clothes!

Linda, enjoy your baby shower!

I had a GREAT yoga this morning! She did lots of twists, which helped so much with my menstrualness. But now I'lm pooped so I think I'm going to hit the sack early so I can be up bright and early for my run tomorrow morning. Then church and grocery shopping (homemade tortilla pizzas for dinner :T) and an afternoon off.

Hope you all have a great day!

Kara

THINBYJUNE
01-26-2008, 08:58 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Cottage Coffee sounds divine :coffee2: Have a nice breakfast.

Femme The dogs are so cute. Have great time.

:wave: KO & Pacer Have a relaxing day.

Me Well I caved in and got out the scale. I know :nono: bad Dawn. Good news is I lost 2 pounds and I already put it away. I'm off to shopping and errands with mom. We're going to dinner with family friends tonight and I couldn't find a menu on line so I hope I don't go overboard. This was also part of my scale justification I figured if I did well I could keep that # in my head while dessert is being passed around.

THINBYJUNE
01-26-2008, 09:00 AM
:wave: Kara -darn simulposting. Sleep well. I'm glad you had a great day

tomandkara
01-26-2008, 09:00 AM
Dawn, don't tell, but I think I'm going to get on my scale tomorrow morning. I've eaten clean all week and I'm curious to see what it says. But don't tell. K? Congrats on the two pounds!!! You rock!

Kara

THINBYJUNE
01-26-2008, 09:03 AM
I promise I won't tell ;) But let me know how it goes.

tomandkara
01-26-2008, 09:09 AM
It'll be interesting because of my current state of "flowing". I'm hoping to see a little loss anyway, but even if I'm still the same I know I really lost. We shall see!!!

Kara

THINBYJUNE
01-26-2008, 09:14 AM
You have the best attitude about it. I had a little talk in my head before I actually got on the scale and imagined you telling me not to be disappointed and all the reasons it may not go down. Thank you it helped tremendously. I was thinking about your scale situation... Have you ever had your body fat% measured? For as much as you exercise maybe that would be a more acurate measure of your success?

tomandkara
01-26-2008, 09:17 AM
I haven't. I can't even think of a place one could go to have that done. And you're welcome. It's nice when the little voices inside your head actually help out, huh?! ;)

Kara

THINBYJUNE
01-26-2008, 09:22 AM
It's nice when the little voices in my head make since :lol: Maybe when you're state side there will be a nutrition clinic or something? Just a thought. I've always wanted to do it but I'm a coward :)

Earthchild
01-26-2008, 10:50 AM
Moring everyone! Was up early to run errands; to post office, Asian food and regular grocery store store and pet store; I have one more errand (duahgter's boyfriend B-day gift-gift certificate to a Brazilliam Buffet here, boy , talk about some good food and plendy of it!!!.... and will have the rest of the day to myself-ahhhh....
Femme, I would love to be at the Barkus parade; I have a pug that is my "baby" and would love to be able to take him-sounds like a real hoot from the photos!
This is my last day of phase 2, and bought some strawberries for tomorrow-yum! BYW-those scales are just plain wicked! I was 4lbs down today WTH???-did nothing different, and know that if I weigh tomorrow I'll be where I was the day before and let down....Have a great weekend all!

Speaking of coffee-the main reason for the Asian food trip was to pick up some REAL coffee; I am a serious Cafe Du Monde addict and the Vietnamese food stores are the least expensive way to feed my habit. I'd been drinking generic dark roast all week and feeling deprived.

suzka
01-26-2008, 11:14 AM
afternoon everyone.

i don't usually have time to participate in the chats, but i'm sort of on holiday at my folk's and today is a good day for me! This morning i weighed in (been trying to kick the scale habit too!) and to my surprise i've made my January loss goal about a week early. this is my first self set goal and it feels great to have accomplished this with just diet and exercise. the only other time i've successfully lost weight was back when you could still get ephedra pills.

visiting with family for 3 weeks has definitely been a challenge (for instance today all the women are meeting for the first time in years for lunch and where was the agreed upon restaurant? Pizzaland. yeah. Just try changing the plans of 12 women from all over New York state. So I'm gonna eat a load of protein before i head out and try to get by on salad and veggies. I'm sure i'll get some ribbing and dang that pizza will smell good, but after hitting my Jan. goal there's no way i'm gonna head backwards.

im starting to look forward to going back to the BF and my dogs and the relief of a cheat-food-free house!

have a lovely rest of the weekend everyone:D

missinmysoldier78
01-26-2008, 11:57 AM
Hiya Ladies,
Must be a scale day..down 2lbs this week to make 15!!Im so happy, I use this free weighttracker.info/Default.asp to keep track of inches and weight,tell percents to goal and Bf-helps me see progress!~

PHinsUP!
01-26-2008, 12:19 PM
Good Saturday morning...My morning has started off nice and quiet!
My DH and DS are at a breakfast for the FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes)
and Daniel...the DFES (Dear Foreign Exchange Son) slept late. and DH spent the night with her friend...so nice and quiet...I slept in quite late. It was wonderful. But I kinda felt like I slept too late to eat breakfast.
My DD Megan informed me last night that she invited her soon to be in-laws over here tonight to discuss wedding plans oh boy! I'm looking forward to sitting down with Megan and my brother(the wedding planner) but why on earth did she invite them without letting me know! OMG...Now I have to spend today cleaning my house and getting ready for this! ARGH! Don't get me wrong...I love them to death..but the future MIL is a little uptight and tends to look down on everyone, a little annoying!
Now if my house isn't perfectly clean I'm gonna worry about it all night!

Well..y'all wish me luck! LOL
I'm off to start my cleaning!
Have a GREAT weekend!
Tina

missinmysoldier78
01-26-2008, 12:22 PM
As you speed clean think to yourself...im burnin calories im burning calories..lol

Schmoodle
01-26-2008, 03:15 PM
Hi chickies! The kids decided to stay at Grandma's last night, so I was all alone in my big scary house. I don't mind it, actually it's kind of a nice change, until I wake up at 3AM and wonder what woke me. As a result I slept in a little this morning. I took advantage of no kids and hit the JCPenney and Kohl's winter clearance sales and did pretty well with the kids' clothes for next year. I even got a few things for me!
DS had horseback riding, but we are back home now and I am motivating (threatening) them to clean their rooms this afternoon. I have promised them a trip to EB Games with their Christmas money when they are done. Then we'll settle in for a movie night. I may pick up Harry Potter OOTP while we're out since, amazingly, nobody gave us that for Christmas. DD had me worried earlier because her stomach was bothering her, but so far we are okay (knock on wood).
cottage, DHs with coffee are the best! :coffee2:
Cat, you have Mardi Gras traffic issues already? Isn't it a bit early?
Dawn and Kara, I'm very disappointed in you for caving to the scales already. At least it was good news for you Dawn. I was a little tempted this morning because it's my regular weigh in day, but I have not and will not for 3 more weeks.
OH, I am being summoned for guidance in "how clean is clean enough." I'll be back in a bit to finish personals.

pamatga
01-26-2008, 04:41 PM
I visited the 100+ lbs sub forum and I was there for quite some time.

I am rounding out Week Two of Phase Two. Since I started this on January 1st, Tuesday will be my official weigh in. Yes, I did peek. I readjusted my ticker (again) because about a week ago I stepped on it and there was this "boing!" The needle used to wiggle and now it doesn't any more. I had my DH stand on it and check his weight so I would have someone else to compare to. Although it got adjusted upwards compared to what I have been putting on my ticker since last fall, the amount of weight that I have lost hasn't changed. One of my ground rules when I decided to start sharing this was to be scrulpturously honest.

Just enjoying a relaxing Saturday. Plan on finishing up my bathroom painting. Watching some good tv tonight along with DH. Weather here in Georgia is colder than usual but it gives me a chance to wear some wintery clothes I brought here with me from the very cold Northern clime.

I had a NSV last night. I wore a short leather jacket over a heavier sweater and some old jeans in a size smaller than I have been. I told my husband that for the first time in a very long time I actually felt like I looked like I had a normal figure. He said I looked good. It's been a long time in coming but I feel like "I'm back".

Have a good remainder of the weekend. Hope the scales tell you what you want to see.;)

CarCar
01-26-2008, 06:32 PM
Happy Weekend chicks!

I've been hanging around the P1 starters thread, but thought maybe I should start finding my way over to the daily chat as well.

I love reading about what everyone has going on :)

My Saturday is going well. I was supposed to be down visiting family, but they're pretty much all sick, so that got scratched. Too bad! Our new year's resolution of "monthly family dinner" is getting off to a pretty bad start. To make this a positive I'm telling myself that I'm only 2 1/2 weeks into SBD anyway, and it will probably serve me well to have a couple more clean weeks of eating before facing a weekend of eating away from home!

Wish I could complain about the weather here, because it is freezing to me, but I realize a lot of you are in truly cold weather, so no gripes from the SoCal girl here.

Am dying to get on the scale right now, but I'm going for only weighing in once a week (Wed mornings). I feel so ugh right now, but TOM is here, so I'm sure that's contributing. I keep looking at my face and thinking "it looks chubbier and 3 days ago it looked so much thinner!" I know I need to get out of that mindset. My energy levels are way up and skin is looking great, so I'm sure my body is doing better than I think.

Okay, off to make new weekend plans. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Schmoodle
01-26-2008, 06:57 PM
Back again, rooms are clean (enough) and we have done the shopping. Kids want to wait until tomorrow to watch our movie because they each bought a new Wii game and want to play them, of course. DD got High School Musical Sing Along and so I'm sure we'll be treated to quite the concert tonight! I'll take a bubble bath instead, make my grocery list, and do some reading, hooray.

Hi pamatga! I recognize you from the 100+ forum. I visit up there often, although this is my main hangout. It's a nice bunch of chicks up there too. It's never too late, Kara pops in here at all hours, and some of the other chicks are insomniacs.
Glad you found your way from the Ph1 thread to join us CarCar!
Tina, hope you got your cleaning done and had a good planning session for the wedding. How exciting!
Congrats on the 2 lbs., missin!
Hope your pizza outing went okay suzka. When I'm dying for a piece of pizza ( not too often), I just peel the top off and eat that. Yes, everyone looks at me like I'm crazy. Oh. well, not the first time...
Earthchild, I had to google Cafe du Monde to see if I was missing out on anything. Mmm, I love my coffee, the darker and stronger the better.
Kierie and Steph, hope you had a nice day at home. That's what I'm planning on tomorrow, but one never knows what will come up.

cottagebythesea
01-26-2008, 07:17 PM
This day went by too fast! I enjoyed the baby shower, but it took up the entire afternoon. It was nice to see a lot of Jake's side of the family that we hardly ever see, and catch up on the latest news. I ate before I went, and just nibbled on raw veggies with about a tablespoon of dip, but I did enjoy a small slice of cake.
I finally made that Spicy Lentil and Spinach recipe I've been wanting to try, and I'm not real impressed with it. I'll post the recipe over in the Phase II Entrees, but the next time I make it I'm going to play around with it a little to give it a little more "lift". Maybe add some onions and use chicken broth in the place of the water. It was fast and easy to make, though.
Now it's time for a nice cup of tea, and I'm looking forward to watching a movie on the Hallmark channel later.
Have a nice evening, everyone.

Schmoodle
01-26-2008, 07:36 PM
:rofl:
DS is in there singing High School Musical with his sis!
Don't tell him I told you, he'd kill me. He'd die if his friends knew. :o

Okay the bubbles are calling me. Read you lovely chicks tomorrow.

cottagebythesea
01-26-2008, 07:40 PM
Schmoodle, shame on you for eavesdropping! :lol: Don't worry, I won't tell!

I think that's wonderful that they get together so well. Enjoy these precious moments! :)

Schmoodle
01-26-2008, 07:43 PM
cottage, they are only 18 months apart, so they have always been best buddies. Not that they don't fight sometimes, but I'm always amazed and touched at how well they get along together, and they are so different. But they really look out for each other.

Okay, I'm really going now, I just wanted to print out the Fireside Bean and Sausage Soup to try this week. I'm really looking forward to it.

little chick
01-26-2008, 08:19 PM
Hey chicks, just a quick pop in before bed.. I have been a bad chick today. I have eaten 2 cookies...... but I am not really mad at myself, they really don't taste as good as they used to. I need to get my butt in gear, I need to drop one more pound to make Jan goal...... Well must dash need to get to bed, we are headed to the ski hill tomorrow, just dh and I are going. So we must be up and gone by 7. To meet the group. So good night. I will try to peck in tomorrow night when I get home.

Barb0522
01-26-2008, 10:22 PM
The weekend seems to go so fast! We spent most of the day at the council scout offices in a day camp workshop. I had to give a 20 minute presentation. It seemed to go really well but I was glad to have it over with. Brian picked up a new Nintendo DS cartridge last night with some of his popcorn money and spent the entire 5 hours playing that so he was no trouble at all. The council guy brought his kids and they were arguing and a bit disruptive. I'm glad Brian didn't cause any problems. I more sensitive about bringing him to places where kids wouldn't normally be.

Tomorrow he is coming with me to the District Dinner. I've never seen a Cub Scout there but I've been given the okay to bring him. I'm sure the food won't be on plan but it is just one meal.

I did get the pool stuff done today and the grocery shopping so I have some free time tomorrow between the dinner and Sunday school.

tomandkara
01-27-2008, 12:32 AM
:goodscale FIVE POUNDS DOWN this week! I am letting myself be excited about this because I let myself be sad when the scale was being crazy. Wahoo!!! I worked my little butt off this week and I totally deserve it.

Earthchild, hope your errands went well!

Suzka, welcome back to the chat! Good luck at the pizza restaurant!

Nicole (missinmysoldier - Did I get that right? I think I read in the bios your name is Nicole.), yay for the two pounds!

Tina, hope the wedding planning went well!

Schmoodle, sorry to disappoint you. :D I'm glad I did, though... Have fun with the kids at the games place! I love that your son was singing along with his sister! How cute!!!

Pam, congrats on your NSV! I bet your outfit was adorable!!! I'm fashion-challenged and I envy those of you who are able to wear better-than-sweatpants out of the house!

Car, when I gain weight my skin breaks out like nobody's business and when I eat clean, it improves so much! Way to go sticking it out until Wednesday!

Linda, I make a lentil and spinach saladish dish and I boil the lentils in vegetable broth and add some curry powder. Mmmm! Fresh spinach gets added in at the end and it's so good!

LC, have a fun day skiing! I want to try snowboarding when we get to Europe. Tom's an avid "boarder" and he is going to give me private lessons... :devil:

Barbara, you must be really looking forward to that pool opening in the summer! From what you write, Brian sounds just delightful and I'm sure he's never trouble at your meetings. Glad your presentation went well!!!

Kara

missinmysoldier78
01-27-2008, 07:44 AM
Morning,
We nare just getting up and ready for church. Have a busy day ahead.DD has a birthday party to attend and I have errands to run after.Yeppers Kara my name is Nicole =). Gratz on the 5lb loss!!!!

cottagebythesea
01-27-2008, 07:47 AM
Happy Sunday!

I'll be back in a bit to chat, gotta run for now!

Pacergal29
01-27-2008, 08:12 AM
Morning Ladies! I'll start the coffee and hot water, help yourself!

kara & Dawn WTG on the pounds gone even if you both cheated! LOL

Schmoodle It is good to see the kids get along. My oldest and youngest are finally starting to realize they like each other somewhat!

Tina Hope the cleaning and wedding planning went well!

LC Be careful out there on the slopes

Well I got the house cleaned yesterday, only 2 loads of laundry left to do. I have some wallpaper coming down in the bathroom that I need to try to repair. And then dinner at the carb loving in-laws :faint:.

DH is being an *&#*@ (insert your own), I started our taxes yesterday and right now we are having to pay although I am still missing DS college tuition information. I ended up spending the eveing in my room watching tv because I am so tired of his negative attitude about everything! Seems anymore unless he wants to gripe about something he doesn't talk to me! MEN! Yes TOM is due anyday and I am grumpy!

Ok enough venting I need some of that coffee! LOL

femmecreole
01-27-2008, 08:27 AM
[QUOTE=Schmoodle;2021299]Cat, you have Mardi Gras traffic issues already? Isn't it a bit early?
QUOTE]

Nope, not to early. Mardi Gras "season" actually begins on 12th night. That's when the Krewe's begin their balls. Then parades usually start 2 weeks before Mardi Gras day. Several parades a day on the weekends and parades every night on weekends and weeknights. Then Lundi Gras is the day before Mardi Gras where the Kings of Zulu and Rex meet each other and the mayor toasts them. Then it all culminates on Mardi Gras Day. Much pomp and circumstance is involved for a long time before Mardi Gras day.

Earthchild, I'm with you...the ONLY coffee that comes into this house is CDM with chicory. I have to bring it with me if we go out of town. Nothing compares to it in my book. We call all other coffee "American Coffee" and it's just brown water to me. Not too long ago, Starbucks was thinking about opening a store right across the street from Cafe Du Monde. That caused quite an uproar...sacrilidge! outrage! I guess starbucks realized that they probably wouldn't make any money there and backed off.

Kim_Star060404
01-27-2008, 09:32 AM
Hey everyone. Just a quick note to tell you what a horrible weekend we're having. It was great until we walked out our back door yesterday evening to see an old, decrepit mobile home up against our back fence and blocking our lovely view of the mountains. After some online researching, we discovered that the city council had approved a 5-year permit to the person in spite of the fact that we were never contacted to be able to protest and in spite of the fact that the area we're in is not zoned for mobile homes. So, I will be spending today finishing up homework and drawing up a petition for our neighbors to sign. DH and I will also be at the city offices early Monday morning. It may be a long fight, but we're resolved to exhaust all our resources in order to have that monstrosity removed. I just can't believe the city council's gall.

Schmoodle
01-27-2008, 10:03 AM
Morning chicks, someone please pass me a cawfee!!
I am wearing a cute top and skirt I treated myself to yesterday at Kohls. That motivated me to go through my clothes last night and throw out all my 1Xs and 20/22s. I had to buy new pants, but I haven't bought many new tops, and I caught a glimpse in a mirror the other day and realized they were just hanging on me. I decided I deserved to wear things that fit me. So now I've got two big boxes of clothes for Goodwill and lots of room in my closet.

I've just got a little vacuuming and mopping to do and then the work is done. We'll see what the rest of the day brings. Maybe a visit to my grandmother.

Kim, that is tragic. I hope you guys have success with your efforts and are able to enjoy your view again.
Cat, I had no idea. What a pain for you.
Kara, congrats on the 5 lbs., and I forgive you.
littlechick, you will probably drop those cookies and that pound on the slopes today.
Stephanie, sorry about your grumps. Hope today is better!
Have a great day missin. and cottage.

THINBYJUNE
01-27-2008, 10:54 AM
Good Morning Everyone-

Kara :woohoo: Congrtulations on the 5 pounds (I promise I didn't tell Schmoodle. I don't know how she found out? :lol:)

Schmoodle Here's some :coffee: Congratulations on the new clothes.

Kim Is there someone living in this monstrosity? Maybe while you're taking the long legal route you could become an annoying loud neighbor and they'll just go away? Good luck.

Pacer First it was everyone's scales and now it's everyone's men. I'm sorry :hug:

Femme My mom was telling me about the one time she went to Mardi Gras and apparently her best memory has something to do with a cake that is made specifically for the occassion?

Quick :wave: to everyone else. I have to get moving I am supposed to be meeting DF for lunch today to chat. It will be the first time I've actually seen him in 2008. I'm just trying to take it one day at a time and make sure I don't settle. Have a great day.

PHinsUP!
01-27-2008, 11:33 AM
Good Sunday morning chicas
Hope you are all having a good weekend!
Well...my house got clean...but no wedding planning session...my Bro and his partner already had plans...soooo, they are coming over here tonight instead.
I did cook a delicious dinner last night, I made Jamacian Jerk chicken and actually got out in the FREEZING back yard and grilled it! when I lit the charcoal and it was burning off the lighter fluid..it was soooo nice and warm..I was also afraid that the chicken wouldn't cook properly since it was so cold...but it turned out perfect! My DD and her fiance came over anyway and we hung out...it was nice...just to hang out with the two of them, my twinners were both gone(DTD.dear twin daughter, to work, and DTS to see Family Force 5 in concert. and our DBS(the exchange student from Brazil) went to hang out with some friends. my DD2 had also gone to the concert. It was a nice calm quiet evening!LOL My twins are almost 17 yrs old...and DTD can be quite loud! Usually we have a house full! Never a dull moment in the Craig household!
KIM that really stinks! I can't believe that! Good luck getting them moved!
Well...I'm outa here, ttyl
Tina

cottagebythesea
01-27-2008, 01:56 PM
Sounds as if you all are having a pleasant Sunday. :)

I was out early for a little breakfast and bit of shopping, and a quick cruise through Trader Joe's to see what's new. Then a stop at Mom & Dad's for a nice visit, and now we're home for the rest of the day. Dustin called to tell us they'll be over later this afternoon, and would I please make Chicken Potpie (Amish style) for supper, so that's what's on the menu. I'm just going to make myself a nice chicken veggie stir-fry.

Kara, super congrats on the 5 lb loss! I know you've been working really hard lately! For me, as usual, the scale is refusing to budge. I was looking at new scales yesterday and told Jake I think ours is broken. He laughed so hard that people were looking at him strangely. ;)

Schmoodle, new clothes!!!!! Good for you, enjoy your new wardrobe!

Cat, I'm enjoying all the talk about Mardi Gras. We keep saying we're going to go to Mardi Gras one of these years, it sounds like so much fun!

Stephanie, sounds like your DH and mine would make good companions for each other!

Kim, that's such a shame about the trailer! I hope through your efforts you can have it removed, and soon!

Hi to Tina, Nicole, Dawn, and to everyone else, too!

Karen
01-27-2008, 02:36 PM
Hi,
I just have a quick question. Can you use regular mayo when making tuna salad? Thanks.

Kiko
01-27-2008, 03:03 PM
Hey girls....

Just checking in to see how you all are doing. :) We are home for the day from church and I am very much looking forward to just being home!! School has been so busy these last few weeks, it has just kicked my butt.

Scale has gone down, although I think it is stress rather than good eating. I was perfect yesterday and am on track with a great day today.

Anyhow, just wanted to say hi! :hug:

cottagebythesea
01-27-2008, 03:59 PM
Hi,
I just have a quick question. Can you use regular mayo when making tuna salad? Thanks.

Yep, regular mayonnaise is fine. In fact, it's preferred over the light or lowfat since it usually contains less sugar and other additives. :)
Enjoy your tuna salad.

Karen
01-27-2008, 06:39 PM
Thanks

zoerba
01-27-2008, 07:54 PM
Hello, Hello! Former PH 1 eater here who is moving on up in the world to Ph 2!

I lost 7.5 to 8 pounds on Ph 1 but am excited to have some grains!

I decided to reintroduce one grain a day. Is that how it works? So I could either have 1 cup whole grain, high fiber, low sugar cereal OR some whole grain reduced fat triscuits, etc. But not more than one serving a day? That is my plan for this week and then next week I plan on adding 1 fruit in a day.

We'll see how it goes! =)

cottagebythesea
01-27-2008, 08:30 PM
xoerba, congratulations on your completion of Phase 1 and a wonderful loss! Here is a link to the sticky posted in the FAQ section about how to ease your way into Phase 2. I think you'll find it very helpful.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59321

zoerba
01-28-2008, 01:47 AM
Thanks!

Today:

B - 1 cup fiber 1 honey cereal w/ ff milk
L - boneless/skinless chicken breast w/ NSA italian tomato sauce, mozzerella, and parmasan
S - 2 stalks celery and 2 T natural pb
D - 2 deviled eggs
DST - NSA fudgecicle

OKAY, first of all, need to add more veggies. But also, WHATS UP with my appetite? I totally have none! Look how little I'm eating! I was actually only able to eat a 2 deviled eggs and I was totally full. I am on a medication that has a side effect of supressing appetite, so maybe that's it. But still, you'd think I'd be starving!

tomandkara
01-28-2008, 02:14 AM
Are you full or just not hungry?

You really should get some more veggies in there, you're right about that. If you feel better about eating a larger meal at lunch time, there's no reason that you can't do that and then have a small salad or some steamed veggies over brown rice for dinner. Or, what if you broke your day into four smaller meals? You could do breakfast the same, have half the chicken breast meal with some steamed veggies for an early lunch, have the other half of the chicken breast meal with a small salad in the afternoon and then have an omelet in the evening with some sauteed mushrooms and peppers or something.

Think that's something you could handle?

Kara

zoerba
01-28-2008, 04:04 AM
Hmm....good suggestion Kara! Usually I plan on eating veggies with my meal, like today I had broccoli and cauliflower right next to the chicken on my plate. What ends up happening is that I eat the protien first and then I'm too full to eat the veggies. Perhaps I should eat veggies first. But I tried that yesterday, ate my veggies and then was too full to eat the rest of my meal.

Well, I don't know if there's a clear solution other than me being more aware of what and how I'm eating things.

I can do this! =)