LA Weight Loss - Before Bed Snack?

View Full Version : Before Bed Snack?

scribbly
01-25-2008, 05:11 PM
Hello Everyone,

I hope your Friday (or now Saturday) has been good. It's nice and sunny (but cooooold) here! Anyway! I have a question regarding before bed snacking.

I know that you really should not eat before bed, but the only time I have to exercise is around between 8 and 10pm. As a result I get really hungry by about 10:30. I've dealt with it by eating a wee bit of dairy stuff... like cottage cheese or just a slice of cheese. But I still feel guilty.

So, I am wondering what words of wisdom the more experienced people here have with balancing the need for food and the "thou shalt not eat before bed" guideline?

Thanks! :)

mandalinn82
01-25-2008, 06:01 PM
You know, I never followed the "no eating before bed" rule. Fact of the matter is, I've eaten dessert each and every night of my journey...usually about an hour before I go to sleep. Never caused me a single problem.

:shrug:

To me, makes sense to eat when you're hungry, not based on some arbitrary set of rules determined by who-knows-who.

bargoo
01-25-2008, 06:56 PM
If I go to bed hungry I don't sleep. I usually have nonfat yogurt or Laughing Cow Light cheese wedge on rare occasions I might have a can of Slimfast, it all depends on how many calories I have had during the day. I believe that "no eating before bed" is hogwash.Of course I wouldn't reccomend a 5 course turkey and trimmings dinner.

WaterRat
01-25-2008, 06:58 PM
That's me too. I don't always eat before bed, but several times a week I'll have a cup of tea and a couple of graham crackers. I don't want a lot but a little something a half hour or so really hits the spot. :) And esp where you're exercising you probably benefit from eating something. Just so it fits in your plan. :)

zenor77
01-25-2008, 07:24 PM
I think the no eating after dinner rule is mainly for people who have problems controling their eating at night. I don't think it's an issue as long as it fits into whatever plan/lifestyle change you are doing. I wouldn't feel guilty if I were you.

scribbly
01-26-2008, 12:50 AM
Thank you so much for your comments :) I will keep them in mind next time I go for the before bed snack-a-roo.