Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 01-25-2008, 04:46 PM   #1  
is what I speak

S/C/G: 179/174.4/150

Height: 5'3"

Thumbs up Wasn't much.. but i feel great

hey all, first i wanna say that i don't trust the scales at the gym.

So when I first started on my work out plan (mid Dec.) I bought a scale to keep at home. I was weighed in, at the gym, tipping the scales at a (to me) whooping 179, with a 33.1 BMI. Now granted I know a lot of my weight is in my rear end. I can't help it, big ones just fall in the family genes.

Well on Wed (jan 23) I finished my weekly work out with my trainer, and got weighed, and taped again.

Well while the scale at the gym still says 179 (i think it was the sweat that I had just worked up, and the clothes I was wearing - without shoes ... i learned that much in the army), i lost 3 inches on my waist, another 2 inches on my butt. I gained a half inch on my calves, and my biceps (i've been working these a lot, my legs are my best assest).

of course when i get home, the scale says 176.6.

So while its not much for me, i still feel great, and have inspired a few friends to go work out as well.
dahonesttruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 05:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 137/132/122

Height: 5' 3"

Smile

You are doing great! Those are impressive changes in your measurements. You are changing your body composition, losing fat and gaining muscle. The muscle gain is reflected in your scale weight. It sounds like you have a good trainer.
CatR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 10:32 AM   #3  
is what I speak

thanks for the encouragement. yeah my trainer has been kicking my tail. i ended up with a special deal where i got 4 free sessions, so in my 6 weeks (minus 2 for christmas where i had to go visit my in-laws and honestly didn't do a thing, cause i didn't have time) i have been seeing her twice a week. she's instilled a want in me to get things done. now i do my ab work out and it burns, but i keep pushing it until i complete my 200 reps.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 210/185.5/135

Height: 5'1

Great job! Dont let scales discourage you!
missinmysoldier78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 01:07 AM   #5  
excited about this site

S/C/G: 153/135/130

What gym do you go to, I go to a local gym. If their scales are incorrect I may have to buy one of my own
Jenbunnie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 01:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 314/215/135

Height: 5'4

congrates every little bit gets you closer to your goal, god job on sticking w/it,
its my time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 09:37 AM   #7  
is what I speak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenbunnie03 View Post
What gym do you go to, I go to a local gym. If their scales are incorrect I may have to buy one of my own
hey I go to Peak Fitness. I ultimately believe that if a gym has a scale that is the one where you must push the weight like an old doctor's office its is totally wrong. All 6 years of my military career we used those scales and they were always totally different than when i went and jumped on an electronic scale. to test an electronic scale, get a weight that you know weighs "x" and place it on there. if it turns out right, try it again in several different places around your house to make sure you have a level ground.

those other ones however, the slightest bit of adjustment near the balancer (even if it is a 1/8 of an inch turn in either direction) can throw your weight off.

not to mention what you wear ultimately effects what your weight will be. the lighter the clothing, the better accuracy you will get. which is another reason i prefer to have my scale at home... first thing in the morning fresh out the shower before breakfast... great weighing time.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:43 AM   #8  
is what I speak

Quote:
Originally Posted by its my time View Post
congrates every little bit gets you closer to your goal, god job on sticking w/it,
thanks, congrats on your loss as well.

i am working on my goals, gotta get myself trained up and ready. bout to head off to the gym now, so i can go watch a movie later, then its back to the books for me.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:54 AM   #9  
You can call me Niki

S/C/G: 207/194/130

Height: 5'0

That is awesome sweetie!!!! Congrats!!
wannabethin4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:02 AM   #10  
is what I speak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabethin4ever View Post
That is awesome sweetie!!!! Congrats!!
thank you so very much. it feels great to see my waist looking slim
Old 01-30-2008, 07:41 AM   #11  
is what I speak

Ladies i just wanted to share a little something else with you all. in regards to what i have lost already, i happened to take a peek in the mirror last night b4 i jumped in the shower, and well... i was shocked!!!!!!!...

how you ask.... i was able to put my arms down at my sides (like i was standing at attention - prior military) and they DIDN'T TOUCH MY SIDES!!!!! trust me... that's big time for me. don't know when the last time that happened... whooo hooo i'm feeling so great about this.

anyhow.. thanks for listening!!!
Old 02-03-2008, 08:51 PM   #12  
is what I speak

Ladies.... i'm sooo elated this week. I've lost another couple of pounds.. I'm down now to 174 (weighed myself this morning). I'm feeling great about my workouts and my eating habits. Like everything is picking up for me.