Carb Counters - diet and sleep??

View Full Version : diet and sleep??

polkadotfever
01-25-2008, 11:41 AM
i have absolutely no idea or theory so i'm just going to throw this out there. have any of you noticed you need less sleep or stay up later at night since going low carb? since day 1 of this diet i have not gone to bed before 11:30 p.m. and i normally hit the sack before 10:15 and sleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. i have endless energy which is fantastic and i'm only slightly sleepy when i wake up. i could definately sleep an extra hour in the morning but when it's time for bed i'm like this guy here > :carrot:

anyone think the diet makes you need less sleep? and will i eventually even out? just wondering.

Puncezilla
01-25-2008, 05:56 PM
Yes it does the same for me. I need so much less sleep when I'm OP.

stayincalm
01-25-2008, 10:50 PM
OMG. I'm glad this is happening to someone else! I normally am in bed and asleep by 8:30. I've discovered whole other world being up later. It's trippy. Any idea what is causing it? I never got tired during the day so I can't say energy is up overall. I just am not falling asleep over the evening news anymore.

bambifox
02-01-2008, 08:57 PM
I've recently tried Melatonin...I have always had problems falling to sleep at night. It's natural and works really great...try googling some info on it. I do know that sleep is very important on any weight loss program and to our health...so maybe the Melatonin may help you too...here's to getting some zzzzzzzz!!!

Natalie03
02-02-2008, 01:46 AM
I do notice that I have an easier time getting out of bed in the morning, which is great! I always stay up way too late, so I'm afraid it's not helping me cut that habit, unfortunately.