100 lb. Club - what keeps you positive ?
01-25-2008, 02:47 AM
Some of the reasons I keep positive are .
I know i,me not alone
I do know that even if i have a bad day / week, that i have a chance to have a better day /week next time.
Even if i don.t lose every week, at least I have eaten healthily
What are your positive thoughts ? :D
01-25-2008, 02:56 AM
Some of the things that keep me positive:
I keep around some of my bigger clothes and put them on at times to see where I was.
All the compliments I get around work.
Knowing that I am doing something that I should have done a long time ago...and succeeding.
Little things like getting into my car and realizing that I am sitting further away from the steering wheel.
Reaching the top step at work and not being out of breath.
It's a lot of things for me. This is the first time in a long time that I have felt this good. I have a much higher self-esteem...higher than I've had it in 20 years.
01-25-2008, 07:19 AM
Things that keep me positive:
My treadmill walking (I realize that I can do more than I thought I ever could)
Knowing my pants will fall down if I don't wear a belt
Wondering what I will look like when I've lost all this weight
Being able to walk past many foods without feeling like I'm missing out
(What a nice thread ^^)
01-25-2008, 07:34 AM
1. My children. I watch them copying the healthy habits I have created in our home and I know I am doing the best thing for them by taking care of myself.
2. My exercise--pushing myself and seeing improvements in what I can do is addictive.
3. The scale--I love watching them go down, even after a spike up.
4. THIS GROUP!!!!!! All the people here keep me positive and give me hope every single day.
5. My pants so baggy in the butt and huge around the waist, and knowing a smaller size is coming soon.
01-25-2008, 07:59 AM
1) My dog. He's a ridiculously hyper and excited dog and just how freaking happy he gets going out for a run. Also how tired he gets afterwards ;>
2) My summer plans. I'm going to be in Alaska all summer working. One of my MS friends is coming with me and she's super outdoorsy; I'm going to be ready to keep up with her hiking/rafting/camping plans.
3) Those pair of jeans in my closet from when I lived in Europe that are a little bit closer to being able to put back on.
4) My lovely, lovely husband who has been persuaded to throw out his nerd diet of Mt. Dew, Cheetos, and other junk foods for me to avoid temptation.
He's actually just good all around. With me being in school and working, he does the laundry and the bathroom scrubbing and doesn't complain when I come home crabby because of not being able to find information for my lit. review or my experiments failed all day.
01-25-2008, 08:57 AM
that keep me positive:
1)knowing that I have finally "gotten" how to do this and I am following through on it consistently
2)the support that I have received from my DH and all of you here
3)knowing that this is the best choice I can make right now in my life
4)loving moving down to sizes that I haven't worn for a few years
5)seeing a light at the end of the tunnel---I want to make my goal weight by Thanksgiving and I believe that I can do it!:carrot:
01-25-2008, 09:16 AM
My boyfriend - He loves me no matter what weight I am and always has but it sure seems like he wants to love to me a whole lot more often now ;) (I think a lot of that has to do with ME - i'm a lot more confident now than I ever was)
ME keeps me positive - my collarbones, my ribs, my hipbones, my neck, and that LINE that is starting to grow on my upper abs that seems to have gotten longer recently - a line that is indicative of MUSCLE and something that I have ALWAYS equated with slim, fit people and have never had, even when I was slimmer. I guess it means i'm much more fit now, and i'm definitely looking forward to the lovely set of abs I will have when I reach goal, even if it's only half a set (I don't know if there's any hope for my lower belly, but time will tell!)
oh, and the fact that in another 5-8lbs i will be dropping another clothing size most likely and i will be in single digit clothes for the FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE. I want to be a size 6, I want to walk into most stores and never buy bigger than a 10. No matter what my weight is, when I hit that 6 I'm going to start practicing maintaining (and I'm thinking I'll be there at 150 if not sooner) . I have such a large frame for someone my size I think any smaller than that will look freakish but again, TIME WILL TELL.
oh, and the fact that I will be hitting my goal by my birthday (in sept) , if not sooner.
and 3fatchicks all around - with the help of this site and everyone here I was finally able to attack my TWO YEAR stall at 200 and I'm 20lbs closer to being able to tell people that I have lost one hundred pounds (only 30 to go!!)
01-26-2008, 01:42 AM
it.s nice to look at the positive side some times
01-26-2008, 05:06 AM
Knowing I can get support from here and some great friends online!
How proud I make others if I carry on trying…
The possible future…
Eating healthy is better for me all round!
I am enjoying the exercise!
its my time
01-26-2008, 05:16 AM
I also have kept some of my larger size clothes and see how far I have come
I keep a photo album w/my starting pic and where I am at now,
getting the dog I always wanted but couldn't before cause I could not keep up w/him now I can
being able to run,
finally haveing guys look at me, hehehehe
how much better I feel, I never relized it tell after I feel off the the wagon now getting back on only been back on for a day and can all ready feel the diff,
01-26-2008, 05:17 AM
My fiance, who thinks I am stunning just the way I am.
Looking at old pictures and then looking in the mirror.
01-26-2008, 07:16 AM
-I feel lighter
-I feel healthier and even my resting pulse went down from 85 to 65
-My kids are excited to see me eating right. They know I'll keep losing this time.
01-26-2008, 12:18 PM
- Knowing I'm so blessed to be healthy enough to exercise
- Showing my family it can be done
- seeing clothing I used to wear fall off of me now