Food Talk And Fabulous Finds - How about the new "sammies" at Quiznos?

sportmom
01-23-2008, 11:13 PM
I've fallen in love with the new Basalmic Chicken sammie at quiznos. Has anyone else tried this line? They're little mini's so you really need 2 to satisfy you as a regular sandwhich, but even so, the cals don't kill you. What do you guys think about this nutrition label? For a s'wich on the go, I thought it was a pretty good choice, but I'm not the best at reading labels. What do you guys think?

http://www.quiznos.com/menu/sammies.aspx
(just need to click on nutritional information choice, and then open it for the basalmic)

SunshineRunner
01-23-2008, 11:38 PM
I'm sure I would enjoy them...the only thing is that they have more sodium per sandwich than I am generally allowing myself to have...it's not as bad as some...but they just aren't me...I love quiznos, but avoid it solely based on sodium.

MissGiggles
01-24-2008, 12:11 AM
They're good, less cals than the other subs - they aren't low in fat if you get the ranch dressing - went there for lunch and they were sold out of the steak ones. So compared to Jimmy Johns and some subs at Subway they are a better choice.

SavingServo
01-24-2008, 12:12 AM
Nice. :D I'm glad you had the courage to try one, I've been too afraid of getting my heart broken. :lol: I love their other stuff so much but it's so awful for you! I just couldn't go through that again. ;) I was worried these would be more of the same, but only 300ish calories, that I can do. :carrot:

sportmom
01-24-2008, 12:47 AM
THey were soo soo good & the basalmic (my fav) is only 190 cals! THe ranch one was good too. My dh picked up my std turkey/motz hoagie just in case I didn't like the new stuff, but I did! To take a bite of the old hoagie afterward (bc I was still hungry!) was quite a disappointment! I hope they don't discontinue the line anytime soon!