Support Groups - Back In Kindergarten #36

View Full Version : Back In Kindergarten #36

FrouFrou
01-23-2008, 05:53 PM
:welcome: to Back In Kindergarten thread!

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey! So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke or whatever your drink of choice is, and pull up a chair and join us.

tommysgirl18
01-23-2008, 06:20 PM
hello ladies! how is every one doing?

nothing new on this end.....just waiting for Tommy to get home. then we will relax for about 10 minutes (if we are lucky) and then packing up every one to go get our taxes done!

Cristina~ Well, I have to wait until he gets home since right now we only have the one cell phone. So, I am hoping that they called it to remind us of the appointment and he called them back/talked to them about changing it. If I remember correctly, they are only open until noon on Friday....so hopefully they have an opening! That is how it always is! I make an appointment for me or the kids, and they have miraculously made a quick recovery! How did the appointment go anyways?

SuzieQ~ I hope you can get into the dentist for your tooth! I am not exactly sure what this job is....let me see if he still has his papers here telling him what he will be doing. Oh wait....I remember now! He is going to be running a machine, taking over for the operator before him and running the machines. What he is working on is beyond me....I remember reading something about trimming parts.

RosieKate
01-23-2008, 10:25 PM
Hi all -just checking in here...
Cristina - did you see the doc for your back..hope you are feeling better.

Mindee - congrats on Tommy's new job...sounds great! Hope the little ones get and stay healthy...

Susan...saw you at the pool but didn't catch your eye...sorry I didn't get over to say hello. my dd is kind of the little problem child in her group...very easily distracted and has to be reminded to listen. I had to ask her to stop hugging the other kids in the pool (!)

Hi Jules, Sassy, Sue and anyone else reading this.

I made it to the Dance, Dance, Dance class at the gym this morning and it felt great to work up a good sweat. Ate much better today, so I feel like I'm getting myself back on track.

Have a nice evening, everyone

Sassy_Chick
01-23-2008, 11:09 PM
Hi all.

My fil is having some health issues, its been on going for a while now, but once again its turned its ugly head. I won't go into everything, but he isn't going to be able to do much of anything for 4-6 months at the very least. He was talking to DH about possibly getting a 2nd mortgage and adding on to their house so we could move in, then we could help out around the house and also with finances, etc. So that is probably what will happen, nothing is definate of course, but like I told DH I don't think they have a choice, I think its a have-to thing. And if we do that, my mom can move in too (if that is alright with my in-laws and her) and she can help out too. But we shall see, as I said, nothing is definite.

So I just have to get through tonight and I'm off my normal time. I did put in to take a week off the first week of Feb, but we shall see if I get it.

Take care,

:hug:

suetalks
01-24-2008, 12:05 AM
Evening ladies...I was supposed to be in Vegas now. Put DH on a plane and he is having a good time. :(
I needed to be here for Mom as she has had a rough few days again. Dr. tomorrow and we will see what they can do for her.

Susan- Yes, I did set up a myspace, just to see everyone's photos. I have no idea how to put a photo on there and add comments to others sites. I will learn it eventually. Right now I have no picture I want ANYONE to see. I am so disgusted with my weight and my being such a sloth. Did you get the tooth fixed? Hope so.

Sassy- Sorry to hear about your FIL. I know how those things go. I don't know what I would do if Mom wasn't living with us. I would be running back and forth to be with her and it would not be as convenient. I hope you can work out things with your in-laws and come to a good conclusion. Remind me, do they live in the same town/area as you?

Cristina- What did the Dr. say? Hope you are feeling better. Hate back trouble.

Mindee- Good news on the job for Tommy. Hope he gets to go to school.

Katy- Sweat is good for you. LOL. I wouldn't know right now however. I am so ashamed of myself and really have to get back on track. Stress is a funny animal....

Jules- Hi, hope you are okay. I know you are lovin' being granny. I do too.

I will check in tomorrow if they do not put Mom in the hospital.

Sassy_Chick
01-24-2008, 12:27 AM
Evening ladies...I was supposed to be in Vegas now. Put DH on a plane and he is having a good time. :(
I needed to be here for Mom as she has had a rough few days again. Dr. tomorrow and we will see what they can do for her.

Sassy- Sorry to hear about your FIL. I know how those things go. I don't know what I would do if Mom wasn't living with us. I would be running back and forth to be with her and it would not be as convenient. I hope you can work out things with your in-laws and come to a good conclusion. Remind me, do they live in the same town/area as you?

I will check in tomorrow if they do not put Mom in the hospital.

Sorry to hear about your mom, hope she gets better. Yes my in-laws do live in the same area as we do, my mom lives in Indiana (where I'm from). Yes it definitely would be more convenient to have everybody under one roof and have 1 set of bills to pay would benefit us all for sure. And like DH said, if we did buy a house, we'd then have to sell it, so better off to do this in the first place. I think I seen that you have a myspace page now? PM me and I can give you mine if you want. ;)

Big :hug:

FrouFrou
01-24-2008, 01:26 AM
Hello ladies...

SUE...hugs to you and your momma. Hoping she doesn't have to go to the hospital. :hug: :hug:

SASSY...hugs to you and your family/FIL as well. That sure would benefit everyone, and it would be great just being there for your in-laws 24/7

KATY...Leigh sounds like a cutie! And who would'nt want a hug? WTG on the sweating! Lol What is this Dance, Dance, Dance, have you mentioned it?

MINDEE...sounds like me, my back was actually better today. Hoping you get lots of money back on your taxes! :crossed: I don't even want to think about tax time, ugh!

SUZYQ...hope the tooth is better or at least you can get in to see the dentist soon. And hope the job hunting is going well. Wishing you lots of luck for the perfect job!

JULES...how's that little one?

Well, I went to the doc but didn't see the doc. Got tired of waiting so walked out. I've only done that maybe two times before but I just get so angry that they give you an appt for a certain time and you wait, and wait, and wait! We should be compenstated for having to waste our time since some docs think they need to be for people not making their appts. I know they make 2 or 3 appts for one time but come on. I need to find a new doc anyway...I am not pleased with her but just put up with her because she was friendly, made me feel comfortable and I don't want to have to go thru with trying to find another, such a pain. I am just going to take it easy for a week and if it is still bothering me find someone else I guess.

I did manage to get in 110 minutes of walking today. I am not trying to break any records or anything. I am walking so stinking slow it is pathetic so I go longer. But I am moving so...

Anywho...tomorrow is grocery shopping day and then taking DD to the show for her BD Saturday. DS is going as well since he doesn't have to work and doesn't have any classes. We'll eat out (she wants ribs) for her BD and wants me to make her cake. Ugh, I hate baking if I don't have too, lol. I would rather just buy a cake, lol.

Have a good day tomorrow ladies...not sure if I will have any computer time tomorrow or not...I think I will be spending the whole day with the kids, well, two of them.

Good night!

tommysgirl18
01-24-2008, 04:21 AM
hello ladies...how are you all doing?

well, we got our taxes partially done. we have to wait for a 1099-R because Tommy had cashed out his IRA he had at his last job. (It was either cash it out, roll it over, or lose it) But our lady that helped us out, told us that once we get that and a couple of other things that we forgot, to just make an appointment and come back in to finish it off. She said that if we both can't make it in there, then the one that does can take the papers back to the one that couldn't. So, that was a relief, and we got a ball park amount on how much we are getting back. But the lady told us that it will go down because of the 1099-R.

Katy~ Thanks for the congrats! He doesn't like it because of the hours....but hey it is worth it for the extra dollar!

Sue~ I hope that your mom is okay. I will keep you and her in my thoughts and prayers for her appointment.

Sassy~ I will keep your family and your FIL in my thoughts and prayers as well. I hope he gets better soon.

Mom2Gaby
01-24-2008, 03:16 PM
Good Morning -

I am sorry about your mother Sue, sending prayers!

Cute about L, Katy!

Mindee - Bravo on the taxes! I need to find my papers and get started in mine. I usually do it myself,,,,lol,..do it over and over until I start liking the amount of the refund. haha.

Sassy - Hugs to you!!

Cristina - 110 minutes?? Yikes chickie! lol Amazing. I don't have the patience for that. I agree about the doctors office waits. Hugs to you too!

Just a quickie. I did the tooth yesterday and feel TONS better. He started a root canal and there is no pain today. The second appt is to finish it but they have no opening until April. I said my insurance runs out mid Feb so the best I can do is call every other day for an opening.

Went to the job thing this morning to learn my score of reemployment is low. Probably because I was earning $19 an hour and the odds of that again are slim, I know that. So, thinking of going ahead with the CNA thing since I am interested in that.

Reading Catcher in the Rye, is it suppose to be funny?? lol It is funny to me.

Almost down to 166!! Maybe by Saturday. Hee Haw.....

Can't wait to see McDreamy again.......seems like a long week!!

better go get Gaby!

hugs to all

jules1216
01-24-2008, 08:27 PM
Real quickie--I missed work on Tuesday & Wednesday since I was sick--I didn't feel much better today but there are some things that only I know how to do so I went in. My chest is starting to hurt so I am going to go to the doctors in the morning.

Going to bed--Nite girls!!

suetalks
01-24-2008, 10:35 PM
Cristina- I feel your pain with the long Dr. wait. We got to Mom's Dr. at 9:35 for a 10 appt. They took us right in so they could do some tests, 35 minutes later and I am thinking, okay, that's done, now we will see the Dr. Wrong. We sat there with Mom in a gown and not too warm. Dr. came in at 11:30. Grrrrr. Mom kept saying she was leaving, but at an hour drive to get there I told her we would wait.
The short story of it is that this was a vascular surgeon and her circulation was really good, the graft she had done a year ago was real good. He said the pain she is in is NOT from her circulation. So, we are back to finding someone to do something about her nerve....(pinched) And they can't do back surgery.

I am so sorry to hear about your illness Jules, and Susan, your root canal.
Glad your back is some better Cristina and hope you can find a new Dr. Personally, I am really fed up with all of them right now. :(

It has been wicked cold here today. DD drove us this morning as my car has acted up lately and we were fearful of it breaking down in -20 wind chills with old ladies in tow. LOL
I might be shopping for a new vehicle when DH gets home. I love my car, but once they start acting up they need to go...lol. Mine is a 2001 Buick, but only has 35,000 miles.

Sassy, Mindee, Katy- Howdee and thanks for your hellos and good wishes.

tommysgirl18
01-25-2008, 04:18 AM
hello ladies...how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end....I really need to head to bed for sure! Marissa has her 9 month check up today at 10:45am, and then we have yet another appointment later on today. we are also going to be getting my sister Robyn living with us for a period of time. we are not sure when she will be coming to live with us, but my mom has already told us that she is willing to provide extra food for the house while she is here and some money for her for the things that she needs.

SuzieQ~ We were going to do our taxes ourselves, but neither one of us knows exactly how to do them. I know it can't be that hard, but neither one of us wants to take the chance of screwing it up! I remember reading that book, but I can't remember if it was meant to be funny or not.

Sue~ how did your mom's appointment go?

gotta run.....Marissa is waking up and I want to give her a quick bath before giving her a bottle.

Mom2Gaby
01-25-2008, 01:49 PM
Good Morning! TGIF!

Mindee - How old is Robyn? I have been doing my own taxes for a few years. I kind of get iffy on the child care expenses so I don't use what I pay for that. I am probably short changing myself if anything. I think Holden is suppose to be funny, his humor had my laughing out loud and I usually never do that.

Sue - I'll leave at hair appts if she has me tapping my toes. I can always hear her chattering away while I am on time and waiting. I hate that, so a few times I have just gotten up and left.

Jules - Hugs!! Go to the doctor, don't like the sound of pain in the chest!!

Sassy, Cristina, Katy and Michelle.......hugs to you all!!!

Made it to 166!! 40 pounds lost, yahooooo! I can tell in my clothes these last 5 pounds. I even tried on another skirt and it was fitting loose, has been a long time for that!! So, maybe I do have hope to get to my goal by my birthday....:D

Better get, so much to do and little time w/ Gab out of school at 11:20am.

chat at you later!

Shopaholic1204
01-25-2008, 06:03 PM
Hola!!! I'm joining you lovely ladies!! I dont have much to say at the moment..I just got home from the gym (yay), so I'm gonna go jump in the shower. BBL!! :carrot:

Oh ya..I just wanna add..that since I started working out, I can tell that my mood is changing a little bit. I'm not as moody as I used to be. Which is a good thing for me and dh, LOL!!

FrouFrou
01-25-2008, 06:07 PM
Okay, I'll catch up in a sceond but want to say...dang girl (Francie) you are fast! :welcome: to our little corner of the world and so glad to have you join us! :hug:

Mom2Gaby
01-25-2008, 06:26 PM
:welcome2: Francie It is nice to have you join us on the dark side. lol
Exercise always made me happier, it is the natural high thing. I just do that know with wine and think a lot about exercise......lol - jk!!! Welcome to BIK!

Hi Cristina!!

I just said good bye to my Gaby (5yrs old) she went with her father til 1pm tomorrow. I pick her up for a family dinner and she will go back tomorrow night. In between all that is date time with McDreamy, he has to work tomorrow so I had to swear on a stack of bibles to get him in bed by 10pm. haha

anyway - off to the store and I cleaned the apt! So, I am feeling like I am getting something done!

bbl

FrouFrou
01-25-2008, 06:34 PM
Hello ladies!

SUE...yeah, if I had to drive that far I wouldn't have left either. It is just so frustrating. The last time I went the doc went to get something while I was in the room and said I'll be back in a few minutes...I thought she forgot about me...30 mns later here she comes. Don't know what she was doing because no one was there! I can feel your frustration with the doctors. I do hope they find something that they can do for you mom and soon. She shouldn't have to suffer at all. WOW! Only 35,000 miles on your car...good resale value there for sure!

SUSAN...aw, it's not amazing. Like I said I am walking so stinking slow it's like I'm not, lol! That's why I am going longer though. Hey, WTG on the 40 pounds! :bravo: :woohoo: that is GREAT and I am proud of you! Now tell McDreamy to stop with all the good cooking, lol! And what a brave woman you are...doing your own taxes, you and Katy, if I remember correctly Katy does her own too. I wouldn't even attempt it and neither would V. Of course I am not sure what we will do this year. The guy that has done them the last few years kind of bailed on us. There were some discrepencies on our 2005 taxes and we just got a letter a week or so ago...why the wait? Who knows...well this guy wants no part of it and he was the one who did the taxes! So we owe, ugh! And I am sure we will owe for 2006 too, double ugh!

MINDEE...let us know how the visit went with Marissa. And here's to lots of money back on your taxes.:cheers: That's cool that you guys are going to let your sis live with you. Now, is this the one who was just there and trimmed your hair? I know you have lots of bros & sis's.

JULES...hugs to you missy! Geez, you have had your share of illness and I hope the doc gave you something to help you. It can't be too good if it is in the chest. Get plenty of rest!

SASSY...is your weekend over? Any news on your FIL? Is he doing a little better?

FRANCIE...again, glad to have ya here missy! The ladies here are sweeties and I love 'em!

Seems like I am missing someone, Hi to anyone reading this.

I was busy yesterday. Me and DD (son backed out) went to see The Orphange. DD said to keep an open mind because she knows how I hate movies that I have to read, lol. I must say, I did keep an open mind and I absolutely loved it! And I was bad...gave in to my cravings and had some of that fat laden buttered popcorn, ugh. I say ugh but it was good while I was eating it. Just kicking myself now...WI is tomorrow and I have had a bad week of eating.

Today I ran to the mall to get some lotion and soap...got hooked on the Bath & Body soaps. But they were on sale so it saved a little money. Then off to the used bookstore...ugh, that is such a bad place, lol. I don't need any books until I read what I have but I walked away with three, lol. Of course for the prices you can't beat them. Was there so DD could spend some BD money. Came home and got a roast in the crockpot and I want to tell you that thing is smelling good!

Hope everyone had a good day, and hope everyone has a great weekend! Any special plans for the weekend ladies? None for me, just making a cake for DD and spending time with the fam.

FrouFrou
01-25-2008, 06:37 PM
HIYA SUSAN! Didn't see that you were online! Well, you take care of mcdreamy don! And don't miss the Gabster too much...I know, easier said than done.

RosieKate
01-25-2008, 09:18 PM
Howdy!

Francie - welcome to our little corner of the world...

Cristina - rrgh - how frustrating..are you going to try to go back? Is your back feeling any better? Maybe a good massage...mmm..I love massages. WTG on the walking- its so hard to keep all that going when you don't feel good. You remembered correctly, I also do my own taxes. Turbotax is a very good thing. I have been able to do ours with it and we have mortgage deductions, multiple sources of income...one year I had a retirement rollover and TT made it all very doable.

Susan- Enjoy the kid-free time..make sure McDreamy gets his beauty sleep, lol! The CNA route sounds like a good way to go. You should have great employability..can you find an employer that would pay for your classes? I've heard that some hospitals pay for educations because they need nurse, cnas, etc, so badly. Hey - I loved To Kill a Mockingbird...wasn't that just a life-changing book? I also thought East of Eden was excellent...if you are looking around for the next read. I just finished Water for Elephants, by Sara Gruen - v.v.good

Hi Sue - How's your mom doing today? I hope she is feeling better...

Mindee - yay on getting a refund...also the gubmint is giving us all a little something..if you've been following the news. I don't know how well that will stimulate the economy, but I've sure not going to turn it down!

Hi Jules! How's that grandboy - he's sure a cutie....is Teri getting enough rest? I hope he's letting his parents get a little sleep. We all remember those days don't we?

I made it to DDD again today...I'm on a roll. Dance Dance Dance is our community center's version of Jazzercise. That's the closest thing I could think of to describe it. It's a good workout - and I made it to three classes this week! I'm back down to 178...so my "lost" weekend is truly lost :) Now to keep my face out of the homemade cookies - ugh

tommysgirl18
01-26-2008, 03:54 AM
Rissa had her 9 month check up! She did great! No shots were needed this time, but she did have to get her toe poked twice for a lead test. But hey, she didn't mind!

She is 28 inches long, 18lbs. 14.6 ounces, and her head circumference is 17 1/2 inches. The doctor said that she is following the 50th percentile for weight, but the 75th for her head and I believe also for her length.

We also talked to him about Brandon and his speech. He gave us the number to the local Early On program, and we have to call and make an appointment for a hearing screening and then we will go from there. But the pediatrician told us to get the hearing screening and get him in speech therapy.

SuzieQ~ Robyn is 17. She is the one that was down here right after Christmas. YAY on losing 40 pounds!!!! We get iffy on the whole child tax credit thing. The lady did our taxes and told us that we got the full credit for Brandon and Logan. but we only got half of the credit for Marissa. Don't know how that works since when we went on H & R Block's website, it told us that we would get the full $3000 back for all three. (a thousand a piece)

I do have to add that we got the 1099-R in the mail on Friday! So, we will be scheduling an appointment to get those finished off!

Francie~ I find my moods change when I exercise as well! I am even a little less grumpier when AF comes to town.....just ask my hubby! :D He used to be able to tell right when she was coming into town because I would get really grumpy the day before she comes.....not anymore! Hey, I have to keep him on his toes somehow!

Cristina~ The Rissa Report is above! Her next appointment isn't until she turns one. Which as I think about it now, I should of scheduled Brandon's 4 year check up for that time as well! Doh! Yup, that is the same sister that trimmed my hair for me.

Katy~ I am not going to turn it down either! I don't see it stimulating the economy. If anything people will hide it away for a rainy day!

I just saw a video for a workout class called Zumba. Has anybody ever heard of it or done it? I watched a video of it on youtube and it looks fun. And from watching the concept video for it, I remember seeing an infomercial for it a loooooong time ago. So, I am going to see if I can scrounge up some of those for work out dvd's as well!

Sassy_Chick
01-26-2008, 04:33 AM
Hi Girls.

All I gotta say is Advil Liquigels Rock!!! :carrot: My back went out again and I have been in so much pain I could not even walk straight, I was all hunched over like an old lady!!! lol. So anyways, got up today, it felt better, but still hurt, took some of the Advil Liquigels and now I feel amazing! I can walk straight and bend!!! Yippeee! Its the small things in life. lol.

I talked to my mom well I guess technically it was lastnight and she is currently checking out some places to get a job up here for when she moves up here in May. Well, helping her with her search, I found a job that I wanted to apply for, as most of you know I have complained about my current job and never have done a single thing about it until lastnight. I applied for a job -- outside of my company!!! :D I am proud of myself. Because before I was too afraid, I want out, but I was afraid to even apply somewhere different!! Stupid I know......:rolleyes:

So I am not getting my hopes up, even if I don't even get an interview with the place, I am still proud of myself for at least trying.

I hope you all are doing well.

tommysgirl18
01-26-2008, 04:54 AM
sassy~ that is great to hear about the job prospect! how is your back feeling? I hope it feels better soon!

FrouFrou
01-26-2008, 01:41 PM
Morning ladies...

KATY...V used to do the taxes but not sure what happened. He started going to have it done and then found this last guy thru a bunch of guys at work. I would be nice to have someone who backs up their work instead of leaving us holding the bag. Glad to hear that Water For Elephants is good...I have it in my second stack of to read books, lol. Of course I had four in my first stack and added three from going to the books store yesterday! Ugh, addicted to books, lol. Yay to being back down to 178! :woohoo: :yay: I think I gained your weekend! I almost signed up for Jazzercize...always thought it would be fun and they have a class close to me but I just thought I would feel silly in front of others.

SUSAN...I agree with Katy about the cna...most of the places here, and in CA when my sister did it paid for the classes. It is in demand for sure. Okay, so did you get mcdreamy put to bed early?

SASSY...well, I am sending you lots of good vibes in the hopes you ge that job. :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :lucky: I know how you have been frustrated with your job. I am going to have to try those liquigels, although my back is much better now! Sorry that yours went out...I know how that is and I wouldn't wish that pain on anyone! Take care of yourself and try to take it easy even though you are feeling better.

MINDEE...good deal on Marissa...sounds like she is where she should be and growing like a weed, lol. Isn't it crazy how fast the kids grow? It seems like yesterday the kids were that small and here they all are in their 20's, egads! Makes me feel old, sort of.

HIYA SUE, FRANCIE & JULES! :wave: Hoping all is well with you ladies. :hug:

Nothing planned for me today, sort of. Going to walk of course since I am up almost two pounds, ugh! I knew this was a bad eating week for me but I just kept on filling my fat face. I will get back on track tomorrow...I say tomorrow because today is DD's BD...24 today, OMG! My baby is getting old, lol! She wants her mommy to bake her a cake so that's what I am doing later..and reading. I started my 7th book for the month and want to get it finished. It is pretty good but I have been busy the last two days and getting up early has made me tired really early. Oh, also bought a book called 100 Days of Weight Loss...thought it would help me stay on track because I feel myself slipping. I haven't lost as much as you ladies have but I've lost enough for me that I don't want to start gaining and putting it back on. I can deal with a pound or two gain a week once in a while and then reassess and get back on track. Anyway...it's a daily motivator, the book that is...we'll see.

Have a good weekend ladies!

Mom2Gaby
01-26-2008, 02:53 PM
Good Morning -

You are all so chatty. I will try to catch up!! My ex did away with his internet so I have limited time at the library. So, if I seem to ignore things it is just because I am rushing!

Sassy - I am glad you can walk and bend!! Wow, sweetie - those are basics....*sigh. I don't mean that in a flippy way. I just mean you HAVE to be able to bend and walk. Especially bend...lol whatEVER, feeling good on my grande coffee. Fingers Crossed on the job!

Francie - Welcome again! Hope you are having a good weekend, look forward to getting to know you :)

Mindee- I never heard of Zumba. Rissa sounds like a doll, I so want a baby to cuddle. You might check out theweighwewere site. It has a lot of success stories. Kat Canary use to post on an old Yahoo board and she worked with Richard Simmons. Anyway - it is just a source of success stories, thought I would pass that along.

Sue - How is your mother?? Thinking of you.

Jules - How is grandmother?? lol Hope you are feeling ok!! :)

Katy - Water for Elephants?? I will look it up. The library here is so limited, I will see what is around. What kind of cookies?? McDreamy made chocolate chip the other day. Amazing cook, I think it is the cutest thing , a man that knows his way in the kitchen. Good on the DDD!!

Cristina - hey .....lol . Happy Birthday to your DD!! Is that the one on myspace?? You have a son and a daughter?? I should know this , huh?? :) Nothing better but your mother baking you something, how sweet! When I was pregnant w/ Gab I craved my mothers spanish rice but she wouldn't make it for me, just gave me the recipe. I cried for days til I got pissed. Geez, 8 months pregnant, you can make me spanish rice! lol So, I made a pan and ate it all and the craving went away.

Good story, huh?? lol

anywho....survived another date w/ McDreamy. I left at 11:20pm. Not bad, he had to be at work at 8am. We went for Mexican food (tamale - yum) and a margarita - double yum. That has to be my only splurge for the weekend. I will eat veggies at the family dinner today and hopefully a salad w/ McD tonight.
Taking Beck to the mall for make up. She has a winter formal tonight.

better get!!

Hugs to you all!!

FrouFrou
01-26-2008, 03:04 PM
SUSAN...lol, at least your mom gave you her recipe, lol! That's what I should do for DD, lol. And yes, missy you should know this...I have 2 sons, Jason & Josh and DD, Carrie...yeah shes the one on myspace. Glad you and mcdreamy had a nice evening and dinner. And hope you have a good dinner today with your family. Hope Rach hss fun at the dance!

I better get going...haven't gotten anything done!

RosieKate
01-26-2008, 03:55 PM
Hi all

I went for a one hour hike around the neighborhood today. Being the weirdo that I am, I took some pictures just 'cause I was happy to be outside and not freezing my arse off. 'Course I got RAINED on, but, hey, this is Oregon. Rain I can take.

I may put them up on the blog later..we'll see. Right now, DH is charging up his ipod, so I can't get to the USB...

Susan- Maybe you could get the book through a transfer. We put hold requests on books and dvds via the internet all the time. It's how we get our movies to watch...3 weeks for free - can't beat it. They will even send us an emial when it has arrived. Glad you had a good time with McD...

Cristina - 7 books - wow! I read alot, but that puts even me to shame. Right now I am about to start A Short History of Nearly Everything, by Bill Bryson. It's for my book group and I've heard really good things about it. Happy Birthday to Carrie! Oh to be 24 again, sigh....My DH and I became engaged right around my 24th birthday...good times

OK- gotta run ..Hi Mindee, Sassy ( glad your back is feeling better!), Sue, Jules, Francie.....hope the weekend is going well for everyone...

tommysgirl18
01-26-2008, 06:30 PM
hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end.....just enjoying the day! all three kiddos have been eating since they got up this morning! now the boys are watching the winter x games on tv. ok.....nix that, now they are watching a movie.

Cristina~ I can't believe how fast they are growing! She is getting just as big as her brothers! Which reminds me.....I need to get cracking on planning their party.

we are also in the process of trying to plan a surprise party for my dad's 60th birthday this year. I am in contact with a couple of my older sisters about doing it. one of them has already emailed me back and said that it is a great idea. I just talked to my mom and she said that it is something that we can work towards.

SuzieQ~ Thanks for that link! I will head over there and check it out in a second.

gotta run....dinner time! pork chops....mashed potatoes.....and stuffing! yum

Mom2Gaby
01-26-2008, 06:46 PM
I am back!

Mindee - Don't call it a link all the MODs will come unglued. We call it a suggestion. lol Fun, on the birthday planning!

Katy - Bring your camera sometime to the pool, we can get a shot of the girls or of us together!! That would be fun, huh?? :) I am too lazy for a transfer. lol

Cristina - I wanted my mom's spanish rice - lol As a kid you remember eating it and she makes it so good. It did turn out good though and thank goodness that craving was over with. Oh, it is Beck with the dance. We must have spent $200 on this thing so far.

anyway - just a fast check in.....I am exhausted, I think I will go lay down for a bit. The dinner was put off til next week because of possible icy weather tonight. So, I am just waiting for McD to get home. I really want to see Into the wild so maybe if I flutter my lashes at him he will take me to see that. It is clear across down though , so we'll see.

blah - blah.....hugs to you all!!

FrouFrou
01-26-2008, 10:06 PM
Hello again ladies...

Just online checking out our new service...we got dsl finally and I am seeing just how fast it is! I am lovin' it! Can't believe how fast everything is...shutterfly added 14 pics in less than 4 minutes, yahooooo!

KATY...nothing wrong with taking pictures outdoors...I am like that. I try to cut back because I will take a zillion pictures of nothing really, lol. I remember your last outdoor pictures though, the roses and the bee...really pretty! Thank you for the comment on my blog! :thanks: WTG on the hike! I've not heard of that book...will have to look it up and see what it is about.

SUSAN...not sure why I said Rachel when I read and was thinking Rebecca :doh: Hope Rebecca has a fun time! If you go see Into The Wild let me know how it is. I read the book and would like to see the movie as well. But will probably wait until it comes out on DVD.

MINDEE...I bet your dad would love a surprise 60th!

HIYA SASSY, JULES, SUE & FRANCIE!

I'm going to go do some more surfing and possibly get some emailing done...send the new email address to everyone.

Have a wonderful evening and Sunday!

tommysgirl18
01-27-2008, 12:38 AM

well, we managed to steer clear of any more kid incidents! Tommy was taking a box of girls clothes down to our cage in the basement, and slipped and fell down the stairs leading to the basement. He has a nice scrape on his back right in the middle, and a nice sized scrape on his tail bone area. I had gone to see the office manager after he came back inside, and she told me to grab some salt to put on the stairs again. I did that, and as I was coming back up the stairs she was walking with her dog to our front door to check on Tommy. She called him a little bit later and told him to come to the office on Sunday to file an incident report.

He would have gone to the hospital to get every thing checked out but right now he doesn't have insurance. He told me that if he goes in to see the office manager and she tells him to go and get every thing checked out and they will pay for it then he will. He is going to be nice and bruised and sore for a couple of days. His days that he works this coming week are Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. So, we shall see how things are tomorrow night and we will go from there.

SuzieQ~ Thanks for that suggestion!

Cristina~ I have talked to my mom about it.....and she likes the idea as well. So, hopefully we can coordinate with with everybody to where we can all be there!

jules1216
01-27-2008, 09:45 AM
Just a quickie for me again. I did go to the doctors and I have a bronchial infection and allergies acting up. I was suppossed to go to a baby shower with Teri but I don't know if I am going to make it.

I just finished a book called Isabella Moon. I picked it up at the library cause the title caught my eye since the "girl" name Teri had picked out was Isabella Skye. It turned out to be a pretty good read. I couldn't put it down.

FrouFrou
01-27-2008, 02:06 PM
JULES...glad you went to the doc and hope you get to feeling better soon. I love that name, Isabella...so pretty.

MINDEE...sorry to hear about Tommy's fall, yikes. Hope he gets to feeling better soon.

HIYA KATY, SUSAN, SUE, FRANCIE, SASSY and anyone reading this!

Lazy day today. I've got my maid cleaning the house, lol. I love not cleaning the house! But love having a clean house. Anyway, V and Jason are both working today so it's me and the daughter. Plan on walking some, watching a little tellyvision and lots of reading! As soon as I get off this thing, lol

Have a wonderful Sunday ladies!

Mom2Gaby
01-27-2008, 04:54 PM
Just a Sunday quickie,

Hope you are feeling better Jules!! Isabella is a beautiful name.

Mindee - wow, hope Tommy is ok :)

Cristina - hi...enjoy your Sunday!

Hi to Sassy, Sue, Katy, Francie and Michelle!

I have splurged enough this weekend. My goal is 165 by next Friday. McDreamy cooked again last night and I swear,,,,,we never make a movie. We talked a lot and the dinner was soooooo good. I sat and watched him this time because last time I cut my finger cutting the salad stuff. So, he was cute and obviously loves being in the kitchen. I chattered away and was the entertainment, so I earned my dinner. haha.
This morning I endulged again and had an onion bagel w/ turkey. Now time to get serious again and buckle down with some good eating!!

Hope you are all well and have a good Sunday!

Mom2Gaby
01-27-2008, 08:22 PM
Back again!

Sassy,Jules and Mindee's Tommy - Hope you all are feeling better!!

I think the bagel w/ turkey has made me ill. I feel so thirsty, think the salt in the turkey??

I have Gab coming home so look forward to that!! I need to get her some more books before I leave the library. She picked out the last ones and was taken with a book about a house fire. hmmm.

So, limited on gas for the car this week so have to do better planning. I easily spend $200 on gas, I need to change that with my new income!

So, better get - just wanted to say hello again and wish you all a successful week in weight loss!:hug::hug:

tommysgirl18
01-28-2008, 03:02 AM

nothing new on this end.....Tommy is feeling better. He woke up and his back wasn't hurting him as much. He is going to attempt to go to work on Monday. He filled the paper out for the complex on Sunday, so we will go from there.

Jules~ Glad you made it to the doctor and got some medicine. I hope you start to feel better soon!

Cristina~ How did the reading go? Did you finish that book yet?

SusieQ~ Sounds like things are going well with McDreamy. Has he met the girls yet?

Shopaholic1204
01-28-2008, 11:22 AM
Hi everyone. Nothing much to say really. I had a nice weekend with dh, after not spending any time during the week.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend .

Mom2Gaby
01-28-2008, 05:05 PM
Afternoon!

Hi Mindee & Francie!

I am glad Tommy is feeling better Mindee :) McD has not met the girls and I would look at the 6 month mark for that event. lol We talked about it and he understands, I have met his kids though but they are older at 19 & 21. I don't need Gab to get attached and he has a dog.....and she would adore the puppy, can you imagine the bawling if we weren't seeing each other?? lol

No school today because of snow. So, think I will putter the house and spend time w/ the girls.

Francie - you live in WA? I am in Portland!!

k- hi to Katy, Sassy, Cristina, Jules, Sue and Michelle!!

FrouFrou
01-28-2008, 05:13 PM
Hello ladies...

SUSAN...with the prices of gas it is easy to do. Isn't it crazy though when you think about all the money spent on gas...another freakin' car payment easy. I'm glad V is 5 minutes from his job now...about a mile if that. Did you enjoy your Sunday with Gaby? How was Rebecca's dance? Did she have a ball? You are a lucky woman...finding a man that will cook for you. Of course V cooked for me before we were married now I do it all, ugh! Lol

MINDEE...glad Tommy is feeling better. The reading didn't go so well, lol. I did get about 2 hours of reading late last night but I spent too much time on the computer getting my book list alphabetized finally. So now when I go to the book store I will have a copy of it with me so no duplicates. I know, goofy, lol.

FRANCIE...good to see you posting lady. Glad you got some time with you hubby! I know how they get busy!

SASSY...I went and bought some Advil liquigels and they do work wonders! I took one because usually one is enough for me. It made me forget I had a headache but the back was still a little achey so took another I was able to walk almost 5 miles yesterday, woohoo!

JULES...hope you are feeling better today.

KATY...what's up with you lady? Dancing away at DDD?

SUE...hoping your mom is well today.

Okay, why does it always seem like I forgot someone?

I was up early to get in a walk before heading out this a.m. Got in 50mns and am planning on at least another 30...we'll see. I am still a little slow but getting back up to the speed I was before the back. Still not feeling confident enough to try any exercise dvd's...scared the back will go again. Anywho...DD and I went to 4 different book stores. She was looking for some books on her list to see if she could get them cheaper or at least the same price as amazon...she found a few and of course I got 3, lol. I cannot go into a book store and not get a book...I tried though, I really did, lol. At least I stopped at 3, lol. Two of the places were used bookstores even though they do have new ones too. Anyway...glad to be home and I was starving!

Hoping everyone is having a great day!

tommysgirl18
01-29-2008, 01:21 AM

nothing new on this end.....we got our taxes back already. so on Wednesday we are going to look at some vans.....and get our comcast hooked back up! so that means that I will be getting my turbo jam sometime soon! tommy had a great birthday on Monday. we just stayed home and I made stombolis per his request for dinner. I made him a german chocolate cake on Sunday and some sugar cookies. The cookies are gone....he took the last of them with him to work on Monday, and I don't like german chocolate cake, so that is safe here in the house because I won't eat it! He called the lady from the temp agency to put in his 48 hours notice. The place is really crazy and not very organized at all! He said that he got there and they put him on five different machines on Monday, and didn't train him on any of them! So, as it is right now, they will start looking for something else for him.

We are going to a couple birthday parties this weekend. Saturday, we are having a get together for Tommy, his sister and her daughter for their birthdays. Then we will go from there and go to a local pizza place (buffet style) for our niece Roni's birthday party. It is reasonably priced so we are thinking about having Brandon and Marissa's birthday party there. You can rent the party room. You can decorate the room any way you want to, you can move the tables any way you want to. The room is sound proof, so you can't hear what is going on in there and every body else can't hear inside the room.

Francie~ That sounds like a great weekend!

SuzieQ~ That is definitely understandable when young kids are involved. In the best interest of the girls is what you have to think of first....and you are! Any plans with McDreamy this week/weekend?

Cristina~ How are you doing? Are you easing back into TJ yet? Oh.....we were told by our office manager that the people aren't moving in over us now, so that is a good thing! That is not goofy at all! I am compiling a list right now, and I will most definitely have it alphabetized! I even have prices and store names on them right now! I am going to sites like Wal-Mart and K-mart right now to compile my list, and then I will hit either Barnes and Noble or Waldensbooks to add to it and go from there! I love reading! And it never fails when I am trying to figure out what I want to read next, I find some magazine or one comes in the mail. I got my new issue of All You in the mail on Monday. I think I am going to check out amazon to see what is on there!

Shopaholic1204
01-29-2008, 04:14 AM
Hi everyone :wave: Just sending a quick hello & goodnight to everyone!! I'll be more talkative in the morning, I promise, lol.

Susie Q-We're stationed in Silverdale..only have a couple more months left here. Woohoo!! LoL

Nighty nite!! :wave:

RosieKate
01-29-2008, 10:08 AM
Good morning!

I decided to skip yoga and post instead - bad me! I'll get a walk in later.... A cup of tea just sounded so good right now.

Mindee - glad Tommy's back is feeling better. That job sounds crazy, hope the agency can find him something better soon. The birthday party option sounds good. I hosted one kid birthday party at home and I spend just as much money and worked 3 times as hard, lol! From then on it's been "off-site". It's nice because the kids can invite more people that way.

Francie - look forward to more chat with you. I'm in Oregon, too. Do you know where you'll go next?

Cristina- didn't make it to DDD - the center cancels classes when the schools close. Yesterday was a snow day. All the more reason why I should be going now, but I'm not:dizzy: I also have a hard time with book stores - hard not to leave with something! So I spend alot of time at the library... I just read about Paperback Swap on another site and that sounds pretty neat. You post books you want to get rid of, then people pick them.You send them and pay for shipping, then you earn credits that you can turn around and use on books on the site. Don't know the link, but I bet you could google it...

Susan- 6 months sounds good...he sounds like a nice guy. Did you have fun on the snow day? The kids were outside before the sun came up, but got tired and cold pretty quickly. There wasn't enough snow to go sledding at the hill around the corner, so we stayed home and had a fire in the fireplace. Too lazy to transfer? You're at the library all the time! They bring the book to you! If you want to pay 2 bucks, they will even mail it to your house! Have I convinced you yet? We get all our dvds this way- we don't pay to have them mailed 'cause we go to the library several times a week.

Jules - hope your infection is clearing up and you are feeling better. yuck

Hi Sassy and Sue!

Well, as mentioned, I bailed on yoga this morning. After I get everyone off to school, maybe I'll dig out the tae-bo tape - I haven't done that one in awhile. Today's our busy day on the home front, with DS going to piano, then both kids off to swimming lessons. I think DH will take the kids to swim - yay. Yesterday, I caught up on all my laundry, paperwork, mending basket, and vacuuming. What a productive little day I had! I usually don't get much done on snow days. Today, I'll have a pretty quiet morning and that will be nice.

Have a great day everyone!

Mom2Gaby
01-29-2008, 02:47 PM
Good Morning!!

I am doing lousy on my eating, yesterday and today. Seem to have the munchies. I even went and had to change the ticker back up a pound. UGH. I guess the cheese bread and wine have caught up w/ me. :?:

Katy - I am a lazy person. I also want things NOW,so I would drive to another libray to pick up a book. lol I know. Doesn't make sense and that is why I spend a fortune on gas. Snow day was lazy. I took Gab to playland and nibbled on her fries and burger. I was bad too, we are all bad,bad,bad,,,,,lol

Francie - Silverdale? Thinking that is in the Puget Sound area? How much longer will you be stationed up there? I think WA is so pretty.

Mindee - wow , on the tax refund back already!! Good for you guys. I tinkered with my for a bit but don't see where I am getting much of a refund...so, my motivation went out the window. I know.....lazy thing, aren't I???:D I am glad Tommy's back is feeling better!! I am not sure about plans w/ McD. I think Saturday for certain and he did invite me to his friends house for super bowl Sunday. I am not too interested in that though so might pass and tinker at home.

Cristina - Rebecca had a good time at the dance, I guess she danced w/ a senior. Her best friend cut bangs for her yesterday. UGH. I wish she would go to the beauty salon, kind of tilted. The girls are so goofy though, they think it looks cute. Gab came home w/ her father Sunday and he had a list of topics to go over.............*eyes roll* 1. Hair - he wants to cut it 2. Clothes - Gab needs new clothes 3.Girl Scouts...and something else.....

We aren't going to cut her hair, of course she needs new clothes, pay your child support and I will get them (lol ) and Girl Scouts went by the way side with all her other activites. I promised to look into it.

anyway - as my world churns..............:p

Hi to Sue, Sassy, Jules, and Michelle!!

FrouFrou
01-29-2008, 04:58 PM
Hello ladies...

SUSAN...As The world churns, :lol: cute one! I'll have to use that. Wow, for someone who hasn't been in Gaby's life for a while he has a lot of demands doesn't he, lol. I had the munchies last week so be careful...I gained almost two pounds, ugh!

KATY...I forgot that it snowed there! I saw it on the news this morning. this weather is so weird...It was in the 60's yesterday and the high for today...a whopping 36. On top of it, it snowed this morning. But the sun came otu and most of it melted already, yay! Hey, you've been doing well with your exercise, it doesn't hurt to skip a day. The one used bookstore we frequent does the same thing...with all books, cd's and dvd's...going to have to start doing that with the ones I don't really care to keep.

MINDEE...I didn't realize Tommy's BD was yesterday...HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY to him! :hb: I don't do the price thing on my list...just need to keep track so I don't duplicate, lol.

HIYA FRANCIE...have you guys found out where DH will be stationed yet?

HI SUE, SASSY & JULES...hoping all is well with you ladies.

Nothing much going on with me today. I managed to get some reading done last night and think I will finish the book tonight. Got some laundry done, chili made and my exercise done. Actually started my day with a walk to get it out of the way...95 minutes done! Slowly getting back up to where I was before the back, not really wanting to push it too hard right now. Mindee...haven't gotten back into the TJ yet...hoping to start it again in the next week or two...going to slowly get there by starting with some other dvds first. It's a little intense and I want to make sure the back is ready for it!

Have a great day ladies!

Shopaholic1204
01-29-2008, 06:45 PM
Katy~Oregon is beautiful. We've driven through there twice. I wish we could've seen more, other than the rainy sky and rest stops, lol. Where in Oregon do you live?

Susie~Ya, its the Puget Sound. Dh is off the ship in Sept..and thats when shore duty is supposed to start. Where in Oregon are you from??

Cristina~No..we haven't found out where we'll be going to next. See, what dh first told me was that he was gonna found out today. But then last night, he said that the detailer (the guy who takes care of it all) is going to email everyone. And it pretty much goes in alphabetical order, and since we're O, it's gonna be a few days before we find out if we got any place on our wish list or not. If not, then we try again in Feb. It's weird..I dont understand most of it, lol.

Well, I'm gonna go straighten my hair, then go clean the kitchen. Hope everyone is having a good day!!!!

tommysgirl18
01-30-2008, 01:44 AM

nothing new on this end....Tommy called and gave them his 48 notice, but apparently they don't have any other job prospects out there. A couple other guys called and told them about the same company and they told those guys that they had to wait it out until they get some more jobs. So, Tommy is off Wednesday and Thursday, then has to work Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Katy~ I think that is why the idea of having the party someplace else is appealing to us. We don't have to do any cleaning or cooking. We just have to show up, have the party, and then we can leave. That will be a nice change for once! Plus, we figure that since my family is HUGE and we usually invite my family, but due to size they don't show up. So, if all goes well, then we will make sure that they will come down for it!

SuzyQ~ yeah.....we had agreed on the basic payment plan as far as the refund went. but Tommy was the one that went in to finish up the taxes and since he has to deal with the plastic over the window and all the noise it makes, he wanted to get a newer van pronto! which I can understand, because it does give me a head ache whenever we go somewhere, so I can see where he is coming from!

Cristina~ I just did the price thing for reference to see where it is cheaper. Once I figure out where it is cheapest at, then I will make a list probably for each place if more then one place has a list of them for cheaper. thanks for the belated birthday wishes for him.

Francie~ How are you doing?

RosieKate
01-30-2008, 04:10 PM
Another snow day! 2 hours late opening for DS! Mommy gets a mammogram ( sorry tmi)...anyhoo - my day in a nutshell....

Francie - I'm in Portland, just like Susan..in fact we live in neighboring communities, so we bump into each other periodically. I was born in Seattle, but have lived in OR since I was 5 and have always loved it...

Been a rough couple of days. SIL's been in town and has not gone well. She's been a real b*tch to DH, which stresses me out. I'm real good at not taking on his problems, and he is really good at handling his various family members, so this too shall pass. Have any of you ever had an argument with someone and they just go all "crazy eyes" on you? That's what she sounded like to me...lost all touch with the point of their conversation and began just hurling insults and accusations that had nothing to do with the subject at hand. How do people get like that?

Hi to all...DD is in need of some entertainment, so off I go! Have a great day everyone!

Mom2Gaby
01-30-2008, 05:29 PM
Good Afternoon -

The munchies are terrible. I think we do that because we can only be *so* strict all the time. My body is rebelling, I must comply. lol jk I am just kind of off my routine w/ all the snow days, what a pain. No school Friday too.

Francie - My brother was stationed in the Navy up there on a nuke sub. Cross fingers you get a location that you want! I think all the traveling would be exciting. I moved to OR at 6 years old from CA. I lived in the Astoria area for 11 years, I would love to move back there someday. It is home to me.

Katy- It is kind of crass but when people act like that it means (or I think it means) they need to get some sex. Just tell SIL that and see what she says. haha

Mindee- What happened to the car accident/ insurance thing?

Cristina - Oh. Ex last night said he was taking Gab to get her hair cut. I said no and he said yes. He said he has a hard time w/ her tangles. I have already thinned it and had layers put in. I told him it takes me 10/15 mintues. He replied "oh, if you are a mommy"....whatEVER. I am not going to cut her hair because he can't comb it. btw - what are you reading??

k- delayed my jury duty til Aug. I took Gab and we went to the court house downtown to hand in the paper that was due. We both beeped going though security, that was exciting. I always show my kid a good snow day...ha. Going to playland and do some shopping later.

Had a banana and slim fast for breakfast. Starting to doubt the 165 by Friday. Argh....

k- hello to everyone!!:hug:

Shopaholic1204
01-30-2008, 05:35 PM
Mindee~I'm doing okay..how are you??

Katy~Thats pretty cool that you guys live so close together. I'm actually from Arizona, so being over here at first was pretty different. I liked it, but now I'm just sick of it, and ready for a change. I do LOVE the snow though!! It's kinda weird how I crave the sun & dry heat sometimes, lol.

Oh ya..I have 2 SILs, one is the Ice Queen and the other one is her little follower. I dispise them both with a passion. Something really bad happened last year and dh stopped talking to them. He cant stand the Ice Queen more than the other one. But he hates the other one boyfriend cuz he said really messed up stuff about dh's brothers. But basically..the Ice Queen doesnt get crazy eyes...her eyes turn into flame thowers!!! Ugh..I could tell you stories about what that Ice Queen did to me. Being around his sisters makes me so thankful that I'm an only child!! LoL!!

Shopaholic1204
01-30-2008, 05:37 PM
Hope everyone else is having a good day!!

RosieKate
01-30-2008, 07:23 PM
I'm back!
Susan- I get excused from jury duty every time I tell them I'm a SAHM with no childcare...tho' pretty soon they will both be in school full days and I won't be able to use that one anymore. SIL supposedly gets sex...being married and all - I know that's no guarantee, lol! I haven't spoken to her...staying out of it...probably a good thing or I would say something like "Geez - would you just get laid already" ha ha She told DH she thinks I don't like her..I've always been very nice to her...if I don't like something she says it's kept private with DH ...and my chickies of course ;) She's just pushing buttons which is so high school...

Francie - one of my best friends from UO was from Arizona and could never get used to the temps here...so I can imagine what you must feel like. Are you looking forward to the next move? Ice Queen would be a good word for her; she said horrible things to DH - lots of sh*t-stirring, kwim? Fortunately she lives in MO, so she'll be going home soon and we can all relax.

Hi Cristina, Mindee, Sue, Sassy and Jules - where are y'all? I finally get over twice in one day and it's the day everyone goes shopping, lol!

FrouFrou
01-30-2008, 08:23 PM
Just a quick HI ladies! I'll be back later to chat more. Got on the computer and didn't realize the time. Of course I was on earlier as well and ran out of time too, lol. Didn't even bother logging off, just left. But I'll be back! Don't miss me ;)

Sassy_Chick
01-30-2008, 11:33 PM
Hi Gurls........

Sorry I have been MIA.......

My back went out, again............So I have been "out of commission" and just tonight feel better, enough that I sit for more than a few min.

This is yet another motivation to get back on track with weightloss. I know my weight definitely does not help my back at all. Infact it probably is the reason why it continues going out on me, even if my dr. is too nice to say so. lol.

I watched Dr. Phil the other day and was very inspired. There was a man who weighed over 700 lbs who made it to the show just to get help to lose weight. It made me realize that I am not a lost cause. Nobody is. I don't care how much weight you have to lose or how difficult it is for you, it IS possible. I guess that is how I've been feeling lately, hopeless. So I really needed to see that show for inspiration.

FrouFrou
01-31-2008, 01:40 AM
I'm back!

SUSAN...you are right...we must comply, or I do anyway. Just gotta know when to quit and apparently I didn't last week! Doing better this week though. Umm, tell the ex to leave her hair alone! I just finished, well, earlier...tried to finish it last night but got sleepy about 1'ish, lol. It's Gone by Lisa Gardner...murder mystery...it was good, to me anyway. Started Plum Lucky by Janet Evanovich right after. Thought I had read it but didn't. Think I got it confused with Plum Lovin.

KATY...maybe she needed a midol, lol! I think all my in-laws are that way...just wish I could keep my mouth shut, but most comments were directed to me so. When someone disses my family they better watch out! Lol But then those people are weird anyway...just like drama in their life. More snow eh? Looks like we will be getting about 6 inches starting tonight sometime...so sick of it already.

SASSY...you be careful missy with your back. I finally broke down and decided that I am going to go to the chiropractor after all, ugh. It's a pain, literally, lol. But my back is still being stupid so, gotta do something. I'm glad that Dr. Phil inpsired you, or rather the 700 pound guy. Isn't that terrible...I have seen a couple of shows on the Health channel about people that big and is saddens me. :hug:

FRANCIE...seems like we all have in-laws like that. Well, we did...they have disowned DH because of me and my kids which is wrong and their loss. They are missing out on so much and they don't even care. Oh well...

JULES...how are you doing? Are you getting better? Hope you are taking it easy missy and getting plenty of rest. I know that's hard when you work. How's Teri and little Nicky doing?

SUE...hope your mom is feeling fine.

Nothing much going on with me. WEnt and did my grocery shopping today because of the snow we are supposed to get tonight...really sick of this weather. Just did not want to have to deal with getting out in it tomorrow so...did some laundry, reading and got a walk in after all. Was going to take a free day today but always feel guilty when I don't walk. Back is getting better, much better. I am picking up on my speed on the treadmill and getting back to where I was when it went out. Next week going to do some dvds, yay! Anywho...want to go check a couple of things and get a little reading done before going to bed. Have a good night ladies and try to stay warm!

tommysgirl18
01-31-2008, 04:27 AM
well, they say when it rains it pours....this would be one of those times!

we got a letter in the mail on Wednesday for a collection agency in regards to the accident that we had. the lady went after our insurance company and because the police officer wrote down the wrong name, her insurance company claimed that it couldn't get a hold of us or our insurance company. so we got a letter stating that Tommy is on the hook for $4,307.86 worth of damages to HER car because HE caused the accident! Tommy called them as soon as he got the letter and told them that he didn't cause the accident that the lady did and the guy he talked to told him well you got the ticket, so therefor it shows that you were the cause of the accident.

So, the guy that he talked to told him that HER insurance company can take him to court, and if they do and win, then he will have to pay the full amount of damages. And if he can't pay it, then they can take his license away and take the license plate off the car so that he doesn't drive. Does anybody know if this is true or not?

SuzieQ~ Funny you should ask......the latest is above.....so hopefully we can get some legal information or some legal response about it. as far as we know, they can't do that because of not having the money.....especially with today's economy not being worth beans AND having to live paycheck to paycheck already....they really want to take food away from our kids!

FrouFrou
01-31-2008, 02:05 PM
This is what I woke up to this morning, ugh! So sick of this weather! Kind of pretty though. Ernie dog is so funny, like a little kid...loves playing in the snow.

FrouFrou
01-31-2008, 02:15 PM
Hello ladies...

Mindee...it could probably happen but it sounds to me like they are threathening you just to get the money out of you without having to go to court. I would definitely get proof of the charges though...they have to provide you with that. Honestly, I don't think they would take his license...if they did take you to court and won and you don't have the money to pay, I would think they would accept payments. But what the heck do I know...sorry you guys are having to deal with this crap though. It's the last thing you need. Lots of hugs to you :hug: :hug:

Nothing much going on today. Thank god I went and bought groceries yesterday...it would not have happened today. Got in a short workout already and going to walk in a few minutes...going to get in 90 minutes today...nothing else to do, lol. Going to finish up Plum Lucky too and start another book. That's all I have.

Hoping everyone is having a good day and staying warm!

Mom2Gaby
01-31-2008, 02:41 PM
Good Morning -

Being married to a man 30 years older, I never really had IL's I had step children though and that was a battle, considering most were older. lol Now though they love me and I get invited to all the family gatherings - oh joy. They even love Gab.
Mike's (Gab's dad) mother adores me too.:D.....when Mike saw I got the guest bedroom w/ my own bathroom and he got the family room couch (when we visited Ark. in Oct) he says "how do you rate that????"....umm, maybe because she loves me, you don't have to be blood for that. Plus when Mom (lol) and I talked on the front porch he made a bee line to sit with us. Talk about high school.

Mindee - Yikes, girl. I am sorry I asked!! lol Sounds way stressful. Crossing fingers for you and Tommy!! :)

Sassy - :hug::hug: I am glad you are back and feeling better!

Francie - I have a friend in Hawaii that called this morning complaining it was freezing and he even had to pull out the space heater. It was 63....whatEVAH.....he is so funny. Wishing you warm weather on your next move!! :)

Katy - I was reaing so fast I thought you said you were excused from jury because you are a SAHM w/ no children....lol oops, go back and read again. I said because I was unemployed (and had to look for work - didn't want to sit there for days) and I have no childcare,,,,,so , he was ok w/ that. Thank goodness.

Cristina - I picked up a John Updike book, something about a rabbit. lol. I wil try that. Great on the walking!! So easy for the pounds to pile back up....just walking past the bakery section does it for me.....oh, ya,,,,and inhaling. lol
I clocked how long the hair took today, 7 mintues, I even had time to straighten it and she looked so nice. I am not going to let him cut it. Ugh.

k- out of time!!

Hi to Sue, Jules, and Michelle!!

Mom2Gaby
01-31-2008, 06:18 PM
I'm back for a sec.

Cristina - Is that a shot of your back yard?? It is huge! Seeing pic's when it isn't snowing it looked like you have a beautiful home. The snow makes it look so quite and peaceful.

anyway - eating going good so far. Working in paperwork for the 2nd school, there is funding available for Gab to attend at $70 a month, so I am going to do that because when I go back to work I am going to need aftercare.

McD asked for my address...aww, so he can send something on Valentines Day...awww, again. He is such a sweet guy.

k- back to my little chickies!!

tommysgirl18
02-01-2008, 02:35 AM
hello ladies.....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end......we had a productive day on Thursday. we went and looked at a new van. good thing is.....we are getting it on Tuesday! It is a Safari van, and there is plenty more room then we have now! so that is a bonus!!

as far as the accident stuff.....that is what we think. we think that they are trying to bluff us into taking a settlement. A friend of mine that used to work in a law office told me to have Tommy call the local secretary of state and see what they say. the damage the was done to the lady's buick was not worth the over $4,000 that she is going after. I told Tommy that it sounds like she had her car checked over and had them fix whatever was wrong with it and then claimed it as being from the accident.

Cristina~ That is coming our way! We are due to be getting between 6 to 10 inches on Friday. Good thing we are not planning on going anywhere! I do have to go over to the office sometime on Friday to get Tommy's list of apartment hallways to do and money. But Tommy has to work Friday, Saturday and Sunday.....so we will be staying close to home!

SuzieQ~ That sounds really sweet of McD to ask for your address in order to send you something!

Sassy_Chick
02-01-2008, 08:22 AM
Morning Gurls. :wave:

Thank You all for your kind words and support. This morning is the first morning I almost feel "normal", well as normal as "I" can be. lol.

I have spent so much time in the bedroom, because I was unable to sit up, so its nice to be able to come out and sit for a while. lol. I am watching Chocolat' on tv, since a co-worker has borrowed my copy. She absolutely loves it as well as Mr. Depp. So I told DH if she does not have my movie today, to just tell her to keep it as a "Baby Gift" :bb: for her. lol. (she is pregnant :preg:) and I can just get a new copy. ;)

We have gotten some ice. DH was out earlier to get me some medicine and said it was slippery. Next week is supposed to be mild though. I wonder if the Groundhog will see his shadow tomorrow?

Cristina -- Oh I am, trust me. I thought I had done myself in yesterday, but after a good rest, I am feeling better again. Too bad they won't let me either bring a bed to work or let me work from home!!! lol. I should start going to a chiropractor again too. I went way back after my accident and it did wonders...Yes it is sad about those people who weigh that much and their life suffers. :( I dunno why I watch those shows, they just make me sad :cry:.....I just feel for them...I feel like I am standing at the bottom of Mt. Everest, as I know so many people do, and I shouldn't be complaining :no: because there are people with a lot harder struggles than I for sure, who would kill to be where I am and to be able to move period. :yes: So I feel ashamed of myself, truly. :o I need to appreciate the things I DO have and CAN do and work with them instead of concentrating on the things I cannot do. As my mother has always said, "Can't" can't do anything." ;)
Anywho......Think we should take a trip to the Bahamas? :beach: I think that is going to be my ultimate reward to myself when I finally reach my goal weight, a cruise or something, a REAL vacation. lol. Anyways, think warm :sunny: thoughts!!!

Mindee -- So sorry to hear about what you & DH are going through with the accident, but I agree, get some representation. I would call around, most lawyers will at least do a consultation for free. That is what DH & I did way way back when we first met, we had an issue with our land-lady, so we called around and went to see a lawyer in town who met with us for free and gave us advice on what we should do -- for free. Also you never know, some lawyers do pro-bono work and do not "advertise" it or may do it for free if you explain all the circumstances, as my Grandmother used to say, "you never know until you ask". All I have to say is don't believe those people, I agree they are trying to bluff you into paying that. Oh and another idea: call or email your local news. We did this on a magazine scam we had here and they aired it. So it never hurts to try, people, especially businesses do not like to have negative news about them. It helped us and we got our money's worth, so that I why I say, try it. Anyways, stay strong. :lifter:

Hello to Michelle, Sue, Francie, Katy, Jules, and anybody else out there who I may have missed!!! :wave:

Well I hope everybody has a wonderful FRIDAY!!! :D

Mom2Gaby
02-01-2008, 02:39 PM
:val3::val3:Happy February!!:val3::val3:

Sassy - Good to hear you are feeling better! I thought when Katy mentioned Depp's Chocolat she meant Wally & the chocolate factory....different movies?? I guess. You left me out in the roll call!! I guess I will be the *anybody*...:lol:

Mindee- Exciting getting a new car, I loved my van when I had it years ago. How is Tommy feeling?? McD is sweet, I guess even though we live a block away we have different zips, but he shares one w/ my ex who lives 2 miles away. Weird.

Hi to Jules, Katy, Michelle, Francie, Cristina, and Sue!!

No school day so I am busy w/ the girls. Gab is stuffy/coughing. No swim last evening and she whimpered some during the night. Trying to get the $705 rent together, I came up a few short but think I can find some $$ in my pockets.....lol, I don't know why I said that. My ex is giving me $100 to cover it and I will pay him back next Wed. I guess I didn't take out enough during the month and dipped into it with food and gas. *sigh. So , I shall budget better.
Trying to stay positive!!

Hugs to you all!!

FrouFrou
02-01-2008, 03:01 PM
UGH! I just lost my post! Not because of 3fc but because of this att/yahoo...if you stay away too long it goes to the home page...wth? Just going to have to learn to save my posts if I walk away.

Anway, hello ladies! I can't believe it is February already...these months are going by too fast for me!

SUSAN...good for not letting the ex cut Gaby's hair...dumb reason for wanting to anyway. Hmmm, I smell some flowers in the air...didn't realize McD didn't have your address. That is our backyard and it isn't real big, but bigger than the last and big enough for Ernie dog to have fun in, lol. And thank you!

SASSY...glad you are feeling better, just be careful with the back. Don't know how you layed in bed for so long. I was afraid to go to bed and slept in a recliner for about 3 days. It felt good to lay down but I could barely get out of bed...it was just too painful plus I had something to push myself up with on the chair. Anyway, just take it easy.

MINDEE...glad you are talking to someone and not just taking the lady for her word, or the guy. Defintely sounds like they are bs'ing you and trying to bully you. Hope you guys don't get too much of this nasty stuff. There was a time I loved to play in it...now it is just messy and too freaking cold for me!

HIYA KATY,JULES, FRANCIE & SUE...hoping all is well with you ladies in your corner of the world.

Nothing going on today. I ventured out to get some money out of Josh's account. If I don't do it when he gets paid he will spend it then I can't pay his bills. Roads weren't too bad but bad enough that I was driving slow and careful. Of course you have these people that think they need to do 60 and passed me...whatever...not going to risk my life because you are in a hurry. At least he passed instead of staying on my tail like another did...I was slipping in some spots and thought I would slide into the oncoming traffic but these people drive crazy! Oh well...now I am getting some laundry done and am getting ready to finish up with my exercise. Did 45 minutes this morning and am aiming to do a total of 90/95.

Have a wonderful day ladies! Hugs :hug:

Mom2Gaby
02-01-2008, 06:15 PM
Cristina - What a good mother you are in helping w/ the bills and such for Josh. My mom was helping me when I lived with her last year, she even had stamped envelopes all ready to be mailed. lol Yikes. I am not THAT together.

hmmm, McD must have had my address at one time. He has only been to my place once when on the first date. I might have just told him the street and we were on the phone talking......and he passed my place and I was nervous and he had to turn around. Nope , thinking he didn't know my address. I don't think I ever told him, just the street and behind the coffee shop - lol ....Girl directions.......haha

Hope you are having a super day and the back yard looks nice. :)

anyway - soooo glad it is Friday!

bbl

Sassy_Chick
02-01-2008, 06:29 PM
Hey all.

I feel really yuck :p today. Can't really describe it no better than that. lol. Kinda that feeling like you've been out partying the night before, kinda like that, only I wasn't out partying! lol.

Susan -- sorry to have missed you, didn't mean too. Yeah Chocolat is definitely not Wallie and the Chocolate Factory, two different movies.

Cristina --Actually sitting is usually always a problem for me, guess because of where my injury in my spine is, in the lower back. I usually lay on the futon though, for some reason it always felt better, but its occupodo with junko at the moment. lol. But you know, different strokes for different folks.......;) My Grandmother almost always slept in a recliner, said it felt better to her. I love mine, but I cannot stay in it for that long, although I have been known to fall asleep in it!!! lol.

Well I am off to go and watch some tv and try to feel better. I feel lousy. :barf:

RosieKate
02-01-2008, 07:32 PM
Hi everyone!

I made it to the gym this a.m., then got my hair cut, then Costco - whew!.. Came home, ate lunch and took a nap! The kids have been home from school today and have also been acting very tired. Guess its a good day to not push it. DH is taking kids out to play tonight, and I will get Mommy Time. I had originally thought I would drink a glass of wine and see what was on hulu (http://www.hulu.com) (I'm getting strangely addicted to Celebrity Apprentice), but since the mail brought the last of our tax forms, I will be drinking a glass of wine and communing with Turbo Tax this evening - yay! i love doing our taxes - I am such a freak.

Susan- eww I couldn't stand Depp in Willy Wonka....he really creeped me out. On the other hand, he is WONDERFUL in Chocolat! So whaddya think - is McD sending flowers or chocolates? Or both? He sounds like a romantic-type. I sure hope G is feeling better ...I looked for you at swimming last night but no SusieQ :(

Sassy - ((((((big hugs)))))I'm glad you are feeling better ( a little anyway)...a chiro could really help; mine has helped me in the past. Problem is they seem to want to keep you coming back forever and it gets spendy. But they do help a lot for those first few visits. My naturopath is also an acupuncturist and she says that is very helpful for back problems.

Mindee - sounds like you said this all started when they could not get a hold of your insurance company and presumed you did not have insurance. did you get the lady in touch with your insurance company? Or call your insurance company and just let them deal with all of it...that's what they are paid to do.. and you sure don't need the headache right now! I hope this gets resolved soon. Congrats on the new van - it sounds perfect for you and your kiddoes.

Cristina - I like the pics of your house - it's very pretty - and the snow is so beautiful. Our snow was pretty weak, imo. Certainly not worthy of all the school disruption, but what do I know? How's your back holding up? Is exercise helping at all?

Well other than taxes, I am going to read some, knit some, listen to my ipod...a pretty laid back kind of day. SIL is leaving town tomorrow and haven't heard a peep so thankfully no more drama for now. She doesn't want to talk to my hubby, so by extension she had chosen not to speak to me or her niece and nephew as well. Her loss. It's all for the best; I started my TOM today and if she did change her mind and see us I might have a hard time being mature, what with all my lovely hormones and all :dizzy:

Hope you are all having good day. Happy February!

Hi to Jules, Sue, Francie, and everyone else who may be reading....

Sassy_Chick
02-01-2008, 09:19 PM
Hi everyone!

I made it to the gym this a.m., then got my hair cut, then Costco - whew!.. Came home, ate lunch and took a nap! The kids have been home from school today and have also been acting very tired. Guess its a good day to not push it. DH is taking kids out to play tonight, and I will get Mommy Time. I had originally thought I would drink a glass of wine and see what was on hulu (http://www.hulu.com) (I'm getting strangely addicted to Celebrity Apprentice), but since the mail brought the last of our tax forms, I will be drinking a glass of wine and communing with Turbo Tax this evening - yay! i love doing our taxes - I am such a freak.

Sassy - ((((((big hugs)))))I'm glad you are feeling better ( a little anyway)...a chiro could really help; mine has helped me in the past. Problem is they seem to want to keep you coming back forever and it gets spendy. But they do help a lot for those first few visits. My naturopath is also an acupuncturist and she says that is very helpful for back problems.

Well other than taxes, I am going to read some, knit some, listen to my ipod...a pretty laid back kind of day. SIL is leaving town tomorrow and haven't heard a peep so thankfully no more drama for now. She doesn't want to talk to my hubby, so by extension she had chosen not to speak to me or her niece and nephew as well. Her loss. It's all for the best; I started my TOM today and if she did change her mind and see us I might have a hard time being mature, what with all my lovely hormones and all :dizzy:

Hope you are all having good day. Happy February!

Hi to Jules, Sue, Francie, and everyone else who may be reading....

Hi Katy. :wave: I am feeling better now, just felt icky before for some strange reason. lol. Glad its over!!! lol. Yes I know once you start going to a chiro you have to keep going to continue to get the benefits, but I think our insurance will pay for it. We watch Celebrity apprentice too, although I just was not interested in watching the last one, as DH told me who left. Oh well. lol. Have fun doing the taxes!!! DH has done ours and we have already done spent the $$ -- payed off bills.........:p Glad there was no drama with SIL, your right, its her loss if she doesn't want to see you all. ;) Speaking of hormones...........mine are like all whacky since I am on the Steroids for my back.......lol.........thankfully I am almost done with those!!! lol.

Well take care!!!

FrouFrou
02-02-2008, 01:35 AM
Just a fly by for now ladies...was just checking in for a few minutes to see what's upw ith everyone. I'll be back tomorrow, early!

Nighty, nigth!

Mom2Gaby
02-02-2008, 05:12 PM
Good Afternoon!

Snowy day here but now it is warming and we have good old slush.

Sassy - Hope you are feeling better today!! So what is Chocolate about?

Katy - I agree, Depp was odd in the Choc Factory one. You can do my taxes, now that I am not getting much of a refund my motivation went south. Flowers or Chocolate?? hmmm, I don't know. I would happinest w/ him filling my gas tank......and no that isn't sexual. lol ....:D:o Gab is feeling better, couldn't get her into the next swim session though, all filled, put her on the wiat list though for Polar Bear.

Cristina - So, have you woken up?? haha miss you,,,,,

Hi to Jules, Michelle, Sue , Mindee and Francie!!

Better get. Have the family dinner, Gab to her dad's and me to McDreamy all in 5 hours. Geepers.......chat later!

FrouFrou
02-02-2008, 11:05 PM
Hello ladies...

SUSAN...I woke up and now am ready for some sleep! Lol Got up way too early this morning. Ernie dog has had some stomach problems the last two mornings and has been needing to go potty at 3, 4, 5, 6 am, ugh! He's okay now but had to get up early this morning anyway. Had a busy day with the gf's kids...Josh's gf. I took them to Chuck E. Cheese, why I will never know? Not that they were bad, but the place itself was crazy! :crazy: But we had a good time and that's all that mattered. Just finished having dinner and thought I would get in come 'puter time. Hey, I'm not a good mother for paying Josh's bills, lol. I am on his account and basically had to do it when he left for Iraq or he would lose his truck and his credit would be all messed up. I think he likes me doing it, that way he knows it's taken care of and he doesn't have to worry about it. I get a little tired of doing it though, but it's not that much of a pain. Have a nice evening with McDreamy!

KATY...thank you. The snow really is pretty, until you have to get out in it. The back is great, finally...knock on wood! :crossed: Still going to go to the chiropractor though. I need an alignment, lol. I know my body is out of whack so it can't hurt I guess. I just hate having to go all the time. that's terrible about the SIL...I think it's one thing to be mad and immature towards your own bro & SIL but the kids...come on...there's no reason to not talk to the kids...that is ridiculous. Did you get some reading and knitting done? I swear one day I will learn to knit!

SASSY...it is my lower back as well, but yeah, everyone is different. I actually thought about looking for some kind of brace to hold it still because the slightest movement would kill me! The exercise/walking has actually made it better. I know they always say to move around, but when it happens I can't. Speaking of the back...how is yours today? Hope you are feeling better.

GRANDMA JULES...what's up missy? Hope you are feeling better.

SUE...hoping all is well with you and yours and you guys are staying warm.

MINDEE...did you guys get the van? If so, hoping you are loving it!

FRANCIE...what's up with you missy? Hoping all is well with you.

Okay, like I said to SuzyQ...took the soon to be grandkids to Chuck E. Cheese, then to a bookstore and home...believe it or not I left at 11 this morning and didn't get home until a little after four, ugh! That place was crazy to say the least! It's the only one here and apparently EVERYONE in town goes on Saturday's! But we have fun regardless. Came home and watched, or tried to watch a couple of dvd's but that little girl was not having it. DD wanted some cookies so we baked some of the ready made ones. Anyway...

I am happy to report a whopping 4 pound loss! :woohoo: :yay: I knew this was a good week for food and exercise, although the exercise was slow, but I didn't think that good! Makes for one happy camper!

Have a good evening, ladies! :hug:

FrouFrou
02-02-2008, 11:29 PM
Just a question ladies...when you lost about 20 pounds or so, did/do you feel different? I've lost a little more than that but when I look in the mirror I am still a little disgusted with my body and feel I don't look different. But...when I put my clothes on that is where I really see the difference. Like today, I put on a shirt that I hadn't worn in quite some time apparently and it looked horrible...too big and baggy...I look like a bag lady because my clothes are too baggy but I am not ready to buy any clothes. Anyway...just curious how you ladies felt.

tommysgirl18
02-03-2008, 02:34 AM

Nothing new on this end……just making it through our last weekend with our old van! We get our new one this coming Tuesday and boy we can’t wait! We are getting a Safari van…..can’t remember the year. But it is really nice and I can’t wait to get it!!!!

Sassy~ I will mention to Tommy about checking with other lawyers for what they say. Two of my older sisters were with a lawyer, so I sent an email to one of them to ask him about the situation but he left for Florida on Thursday for a week and a half. But my sister sent my email on to him. I did a search for pro bono lawyers in MI, and came up with a few places. But I will definitely look more into it.

SuzieQ~ It is weird about the zip codes! Me and one of my older sisters lived in the same city, not that far away from each other and we had two different zip codes. Tommy is feeling better….I guess his back is still hurting a little bit. He has mentioned that his tail bone has been hurting a little bit, but not as much as it had been.

Cristina~ We were suppose to get about a foot of snow the other day…..but we got maybe half that! I love watching it fall, and watching the kids and Tommy play in it. BUT I hate to shovel it! There is a company that comes through the complex and plows/shovels….but they only did a small path that the snow blower made on our side, and then they completely cleared the side walk for the lady next to us! I was livid! So, I got outside and shoveled the stuff that they left onto the lawns since they had Tommy’s path out of the van to the side walk all blocked!

Katy~ The lady called us here at our house and asked what our insurance company was when she claimed that she had a copy of the accident report. She rattled off all these details that she “claimed” were in the report. But the funny part is……when we got a copy of the report the next day none of the things that she listed were on the report!

Cristina~ Nope, we get the van this coming Tuesday and we can’t wait!!!! We are planning on making a trip to my parents house next weekend when Tommy is off.

RosieKate
02-03-2008, 10:10 AM
Cristina - I feel this way...have been through it a couple of times since my all time high at 245. I try to enjoy the baggy clothes and just keep focused. It can help to go shopping for new smaller clothes - that's a pick-me up! I have noticed that the exercise does pay off over time, as well as short term. My body has more of a silhouette even though the scale hasn't changed that much. It still don't like my tummy, but I try not to dwell on it,and just say to myself, "It's coming along" :)

Hi everyone! I'll bbl for individuals - have a great Sunday

Mom2Gaby
02-03-2008, 04:49 PM
Good Morning

Cristina -:bravo::cheer2::cheer2: Awesome on the 4 pounds! Very inspiring. I think we are too close to the weight loss. So, when you see 20 or 40 or whatever you are still stuck at thinking you are overweight. 40 pounds look like a good amount on other people but it is in the clothes for me that I can tell I have lost. Yesterday some of the ladies said I had lost a lot of weight ...what do you say to that? I mean I saw most of them Christmas have I really lost that much where they can tell?? I don't think so....lol whatEVER. I lost my train of thought.

Katy - wow, I didn't realize you were 245, same as my all time high. Personally I think you look great!

Mindee - Thinking of Tommy, hope he is feels better.

Hi to Sassy, Grandma Jules, Sue, Michelle, Francie and Michelle!!

Happy with my 167 this week considering I nibbled too much. Had pasta and salad at the dinner last night and that was yummy. Skipped on the pie and got Gab off to her fathers. She looked cute in her ponytails, that was my compromise on the tangles.
I had a good evening with McD. I am just not sure what I want in the whole thing, I don't think I want a relationship with the kids in the picture. I hate the thought of waiting several more years but that seems attractive to me. Or maybe it is just Sunday and I feel tired?? lol

k- off to cliam another week of unemployment, oh joy...

tommysgirl18
02-04-2008, 02:23 AM
well, I didn't get a chance to weigh myself on Sunday, so I am about to go do so here in a couple minutes. I am afraid to see the number since we have done some eating out more then usual. I am hoping that I can get that nipped in the bud though. Tommy has told me that when we go grocery shopping, which we are going to do on Monday, that we will NOT be buying any junk food since that is what the kids want to eat more then regular food! So, yeah on that! Now, I just have to make sure that he sticks to it when we go shopping!

Cristina~ awesome job on the four pounds! I too have the same issue. I know that I am losing inches, but the scale doesn't move. I can still look in the mirror and say to myself "I really need to work more on this area" or "this area looks great....but it could look a lot better."

hello to every one else....I am all over the place like usual.....so I am off to finish that all up and then off to bed

Mom2Gaby
02-04-2008, 01:49 PM
Good Morning!

Another Monday to contend with......like we have a choice. lol :hug: I will hug myself and say "this day shall pass and the weekend will be here again to see McD." What a shallow mommy I am.

Mindee - so..............did you get some good news on the scale??? Hope so!!!

I tried on this cute skirt but it fitted like I needed another 10 pounds off, so I tucked it back in the closet. Actually I cussed it out and tossed it on the floor of the closet....lol We're getting there, my goal (like last week) is 165 by Friday. That way the weekend will be here and I can go out and oink on cheese bread again. lol

hmm, full of coffee so ignore my humor.

Cristina - Gab is scared of Chuck E Cheese, she hates the mouse. I am kind of the same mind, who wants to be a rodent loves and hug some germ invested hairy thing. .....:mouse:Seriously, it was sweet of you to take the kids, I bet they have fallen in love w/ you by now!

anyway , now that I have insulted everyone....lol, I shall go.

bbl :)

RosieKate
02-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Good morning...

Just got back from the gym and am treating myself to a cup of coffee:coffee2:

Susan- That was what I weighed the day I gave birth to DD, I was over 250 when I had James. I lost all that baby weight, then gained it all back with pregnancy #2. Anyway, 245 was 6 years ago, so my weight loss journey has been slow, to say the least. But I keep plugging away! Looks like you had a good weigh in, good work!..I was up a bit this week, but its TOM.

Mindee - you'll probably save $$ on your grocery bill if you cut out the junk...so there's an added bonus for ya....GL on the weigh-in

Cristina - when I responded to your question I forgot to congratulate you on your loss - WTG!! That's awesome!

Hi to everyone else!

I enjoyed myself far too much while watching the Super Bowl yesterday and had a glass of wine too many. No hangover, but my muscles were hurting in class this morning - hello dehydration!

We had my MIL over and had a great time. I took her to a yarn shop that was having a SB sale and she scored some gorgeous sock yarn. She brought me a bag of some beautiful green alpaca that was going to be a sweater for her late SO. I'm going to go over to her house soon and help her organize her stash and thin out some of the yarn. No sense keeping around yarn for projects for him, and it's hard for her to do it alone. My SIL may have been a complete b*itch to my hubby, but she did a great job of helping my MIL clean out her house..so I can't be too mad at her. My MIL is so happy to have her place de-junked, and that makes me happy too. I just have to pray that the SIL can get a clue where her brother is concerned, for my kids' sake if for nothing else.

I am off to shower, then bus stop, then laundry,, yada yada yada

Mom2Gaby
02-04-2008, 02:58 PM
Katy - You go to the gym before coffee?? Even w/ cutting back to a med cup of java I zoom on that for hours. I hate the jittery feeling.
btw- meant to ask if you got L signed up for the next session of swimming? I missed out on Gab, annoyed w/ that.

anyway - plugging along is ok!! It was always easy to get the weight off but this time is slow to me. I think I will be happy w/ 160 by my birthday, I doubt the 150 goal.

You don't strike me as a wine drinker....(aren't you glad you are the only one that posted this morning?? I can focus on you..lol ) I get tipsy on 1 glass and I have been drinking at least 3 on the weekends, not good. I need to stop that, it makes me feel ill.

I am glad at least the SIL helped the MIL w/ her home!

k- better get again. I had a slim fast, banana and 1 scrambled egg for breakfast. I have to go pick Gab up and do the kids shift this afternoon.

Toodles!

Shopaholic1204
02-04-2008, 03:23 PM
hola everyone!!!

my internet has been down for a couple days now. just back it back up and running today!!! it was a boring couple of days, lol.

but i hope everyone had a good weekend!!!

FrouFrou
02-04-2008, 05:13 PM
Hello ladies, and a Happy Monday to all!

Thank you Susan and Katy for your respsones to my question! Means a lot to know that I am not the only one. Maybe I will treat myself to something new, a little pick me up. :)

And I agree KATY, you look GREAT! And plugging along is fine too! You've come a long way, and I am amazed and in awe! :carrot: Lord knows I have been doing the same. Now it's like my body has decided to respond, lol. WTG on making it to the gym! Glad that the SIL was nice to your MIL and helped out.

SUSAN...I was about to quit on the dating then I met V, lol. But one of my Aunt's divorced when my cousins were teenagers, two of them, the boy was about 4'ish and she dated for a little while and then decided it was too complicated. She decided she wouldn't date anymore until the kids were grown and out of the house. So there's nothing wrong with waiting. You'll figure it out. McD sounds like a really nice guy thou. Cambrie, yes, Cambrie...makes me think of the cheese, lol. She went up to Chuck E. and tried to pull his hand off and then motioned for him to bend over and tried to pull his nose off, lol! That little girl I don't think is afraid of anything! Hey, you'll be at 150 before you know it! You're doing great so keep it up!

MINDEE...how did the WI go? Bet you guys are excited about getting the van tomorrow!

FRANCIE...hiy girlie! Sorry you were without the internet and your cable went out. Hope you had a good weekend nonetheless.

Nothing much going on with me. Crazy computer. I posted on the other thread and took a break to finish my walk and get some lunch came back and everything went crazy. Took me a few minutes but I got back on here. Said 3fc was too busy, ugh! Anyway, doing laundry, did my exercise and I'm here, lol. It is a beautiful day out but wet. 68 today and all the snow melted, mostly yesterday so there are puddles everywhere. I did make it out for a few minutes but what a joy...it was to pick up dog poo, lol. Yard is a sopping mess. Anyway ladies...need to go fold some clothes and wait for the next load and Jeopardy.

Have a wonderful day, ladies! :hug:

Mom2Gaby
02-04-2008, 09:57 PM
Hola Francie - Glad you are back w/ us!!

Cristina - Becky loved Chuck E , when she saw him dancing for the first time she jumped up on stage and had danced up a storm, I laughed so hard - it was cute. You should reward yourself, you have been doing so great!

Oh, dating is a pain. I am not even sure what I am going to do w/ McD. I can see getting too deep and then what?? Kids atached, me attached and what...the Brady Bunch?? Ugh. I think of one ex who has medical problems and is going to need me to help w/ the girls and the other one w/ his endless list of *to do's*...what man is going to put up w/ all that?? I wouldn't . It just seems easier to wait. lol, whatever....I think I just need to take my brain out and go on auto pilot.

Jules - how are you?? How is the baby????

I better go. Just wanted to check in....night. :)

Sassy_Chick
02-05-2008, 02:00 AM
Hey all........

Hope you all are doing well. It is still 60 degrees here!! :fr: I have the windows open!!! Freaking amazing!!!! I didn't go to work tonight (obviously) my back was still a bit sore so I decided to stay home. I will have to go back tomorrow night though, if I wanna get paid that is. lol. (outta personal time)

My mom called, she is getting scr**ed by her job right now, sorry don't know how else to say it than that. They are forcing her to take a class to get her CNA (Certified Nurses Aid) license and she does not want to be a CNA. She was one for about 23 yrs or so and that was long enough. Now she is a resident assistant, they help with housekeeping and passing out feeding trays, etc. Well if she quits, they are going to make her owe $1200!! She unfortunately signed some papers so who knows what she agreed too. So she won't be moving up here this summer, she said maybe next year or so, but I'm not counting on it. I'm not mad at her for it, its her life, not mine, I'm just upset that she didn't have someone look over those papers before she signed them, now she is stuck there. But I guess as they say, "live and learn".

I wish I had the $$ I would just pay the a$$holes and move her up here, but unfortunately we don't have that kind of money. I am thinking about possibly getting a (gulp) 2nd job. Maybe I could find one to do from home and then if I do it on my nights off, then maybe I can see if down the road maybe I could do it full time and leave my crappy a$$ job!!! Plus earn some extra $$ maybe I can send to my mom to help her with some bills she has.

I dunno I just hate that she is stuck there, you know? I know what its like to be stuck somewhere and its no fun. So I may see what I can do to help her out, at least maybe help her pay off some of her bills so she can at least not have to worry about that.

Well I guess I have rambled on long enough, sorry.........just really concerned about my mom. I want her to be here, so its easier on her and I hate to here that she has it harder.

Big :hug:

tommysgirl18
02-05-2008, 02:32 AM
well i did get some good news I guess......the scale had moved back down......AFTER it had gone up from the eating out. So, I guess that is a good thing! we did our grocery shopping and I had gone down one aisle and mentioned to Tommy to grab something (I don't even remember what it is now) and he says "I thought you said no junk food?" So, we left out of that store with no junk food.....we then had to go to another store to finish up our shopping, and again left without any junk food!!! I am so proud of myself. We even bought a ton of fruit to have in the house!

SuzyQ~ I am sure that you will knock that scale dead and hit your mark this coming week! I need to really buckle down on working out again......Since Tommy's schedule is all over the place I keep getting screwed up on my work outs. I have some shirts and stuff like that, that I too curse out and then toss them aside until I get the urge to try them on again!

Katy~ We did save money by not buying any junk food.....although we bought more healthier food that we probably spent about the same this month. I didn't look at the receipts yet to compare but I will when I get a chance to!

Cristina~ The WI went okay I guess.....It told me that I had gone back into the 240's which I thought I was away from.....but all the eating out had crept up on me. So now that we have our meals planned for the next month I am hoping that we will be back on track......AND with no junk food in the house it is going to be even better for us!

Sassy~ We had warmer weather on Monday as well......it is suppose to be 50 on Tuesday.....and then snowing that night! that is just crap that your mom is stuck where she is now.

RosieKate
02-05-2008, 01:05 PM
Good morning!

Mindee - congrats on your great weigh in....and on not buying junk food! I can relate to trying to get exercise into a busy life with small children - it's hard! It does get easier...just doesn't seem like it when you are home and the little buggers won't take naps so you can get the workout tapes out.

Sassy - I hope your mother's situation improves soon. It may take longer than you planned, but she will get to you eventually, right? It has to be really frustrating to wait. I'm glad your back is feeling better. I can't believe how freaky the weather has been!

Susan- Both kids are in the next swimming session. I guess it's packed to the gills (ha ha) I know other folks who are waitlisted as well. You'll know what to do about McD when the time is right. Life never seems to get less complicated, does it? If you waited for that, you'd never let love into your life at all.....

Cristina - you have a wet yard, too eh? Our yard is very marshy and this time of the year is practically a swamp. We've installed gravel paths around the perimeter so that we can get from one part of the yard to the other with out sloshing. Helps with the drainage, too.

Francie - Hiya and welcome back. Sorry about your internet, but glad it's working again.

Hi Jules and Sue!

I'm off to have crazy day....one of those days where everybody is off in a different direction. I hope you all have a great day...and if you are in a Super Tuesday state, don't forget to vote! I envy you...our little state has few electoral votes and a late primary so all the exciting stuff is happening before we get a chance to weigh in.

Mom2Gaby
02-05-2008, 02:21 PM
Life never seems to get less complicated, does it? If you waited for that, you'd never let love into your life at all.....~*Katy Quote

Katy- Very good, very wise. I have figured it out so far w/ him. In my past relationships it was always told to me by the man what we were doing. There was a plan and purpose....now there is nothing but getting to know each other and it seems pointless.....lol. Does that sound bad or what? I guess I want to know the end result before I put the effort into it and drag my kids through meeting him. It is why I read mysteries backwards. McD is way normal and laid back, we'll see what we see when we get there and not a moment sooner w/ him. So, I guess I chill out and enjoy what there is and stop searching for answers all the time?
On the swimming I think they should have opened the registration to current swimmers first so their lessons could continue. Just imho.

Sassy - I feel for you and your mother! Can't she just come anyway? Pay the $1,200 off if it is a legal thing..... at least you both would be happy living closer to each other? I can't see her doing CNA if she doesn't want to do it. Just another imho,,,, :) 60's sounds soooooo nice!!

Mindee- You getting the van today? Congrats on the weigh in!

Hi to Jules (MIA Grandma - lol ) , Sue, Michelle, Cristina, and Francie!!!

I better toodle. I feel thirsty.....hope you all have a great Tuesday!!

FrouFrou
02-05-2008, 04:14 PM
Hello ladies....

SUSAN...yep, like Katy said, you'll know when you get there. And I love the Katy quote, lol. I think you just need to not think of the 'then what?' and just take things as they come. I know that is easier said than done. Funny, DD is so impatient she will start a book and then go to the end to see what happens and then finish reading the book, weird, lol. She will also look movies up online to see what happens before we go see them, lol.

SASSY...do they want your mom to actually be a CNA or just have the title? I know Josh's GF is a CNA but she doesn't do all the CNA duties, just has the title. they wouldn't let her work there without it. She actually went to school to be a radiologist technician and found that's not what she wanted to do. So she's where she is for now until she goes to nursing school. She was supposed to start in Jan but then she met Josh...lol. Anyway, I would think there has to be a way for her to get out of the contract w/o paying especially if she didn't even know.

MINDEE...WTG on the WI and for passing on the junk food! :carrot:

HIYA FRANCIE, JULES, and SUE! :wave:

Again, nothing much going on...same old, same old. Getting my exercise done and that's about it. Will do a little reading later.

We too are having weird weather. It was 68 yesterday, so nice. Today, it is 27 and we had a thunderstorm this morning at about 3:30'ish and expecting 2-5 inches of snow this evening. What the heck! And I feel like I am coming down with a cold. It's not wonder with this weird weather.

Have a good day, ladies!

Sassy_Chick
02-05-2008, 10:18 PM
Hey all,

Typing in Gray because its all gloomy and rainy here........:rain: This would be an awesome day to just stay in bed and watch movies or read a book ........*sigh* lol

Well I'm back to work.......:p I'm excited if you can tell........lol

Mindee and Katy -- thanks. Yes this weather is just totally weird......you never know what its going to be doing next!!!

Susan and Cristina -- My mom will have to do the duties of a CNA, give showers, lift patients, all that stuff that she does not want to do anymore that is why she left her old job. We do not have $1200 to pay so no we cannot pay our way out of the contract. I am not sure if there is any other ways, I have not seen the Contract so I have no idea. So I am unsure of what to do, I was only venting before, thank you for your concerns. :)

Oh yeah our boss wants us to fill out a "Career Development" questionaire, about our goals and where we want to go, etc. What the he@! am I supposed to put down for that? "I hate it here and as soon I find another job I'm outta here?" lol. I don't want to stay here if I can help it. I don't want to be a supervisor or manager, I want the heck out of here! So what am I supposed to put down?? Any creative ideas here? lol.

Thank You all,

tommysgirl18
02-06-2008, 12:26 AM

we got the van today!!!! It looks so nice outside.....Tommy needs to meet the guy that we bought it from again on Friday to get a new set of tires on it. They have two different sets (one brand on the front and another on the back), but the guy told Tommy that he would get him new tires. Now, I can't wait to go for a ride in it! Tommy's next day off is Friday.....but we have a plan of going up to my parent's house on Saturday for a surprise trip! My mom asked me to help her with her background on her myspace page, and I told her that I would help her change it the next time we make it up there, but that I wasn't sure when we would be up there next.

Katy~ I actually stepped on the scale tonight and I am down even more! And I am not in the dreaded 240's any more! I am really liking the fact that we don't have any junk food here in the house.....well, except for the stuff for Tommy's lunches....but those are hidden away so that I can't see them!

SuzyQ~ How are you doing today?

Cristina~ I love the Katy quote that you posted! I am extremely proud of myself for passing on the junk food. And I am even prouder of Tommy for making us stick with the decision to do so! I even caught myself before turning down the chip aisle!!

Sassy~ I hope the weather gets better for you! We are suppose to be getting snow here.....but it was raining the last time I looked out our door. As far as the survey, I am at a loss for something creative to say. But I am sure that the other ladies can come up with something to say.

FrouFrou
02-06-2008, 01:29 AM
Just dropping by to say hi...HI! :lol: :D

MINDEE...that was our lovely Ms SuzieQ who posted Katy's quote. Hope you guys enjoy your new van.

SASSY...I don't have a creative bone in my body so have no clue how you can answer the questionaire, sorry. :)

I've been going to bed early the last few nights and waking up at 2:30-3:30'ish so thought I would try going to bed later in the hopes of sleeping thru the night. Of course it doesn't help that I have a cold now, ugh! Don't know where I got it from, just this weird weather I guess. :dunno: See ya's tomorrow...have a good evening! :hug:

tommysgirl18
02-06-2008, 03:53 AM
sorry about that Cristina! I was trying to get through all of my email and I guess I went a little too quickly

RosieKate
02-06-2008, 09:43 AM
Sassy- glad your feeling well enough to go back to work, even if you don't like your job. As far as the survey goes, just pretend this is the career of a lifetime and go for the supervisory stuff. That way when you look for new jobs, they can tell you are a go-getter. Just IMHO, and I haven't worked at a job in over 6 years, so what do I know?

Mindee - congrats on the new van!

Cristina - Hope you got a good night's sleep. I am finally getting my sleep regulated, with help from the NP. I swear, I feel ten years younger when I am sleeping....

Susan- aw- glad I wrote something that helped. Were you at the pool last night - I was yakking with my MIL and didn't look for you. She had a fall coming into the community center and we were a little rattled. Fortunately, she is ok.

Hi to everyone else!

Well, survived yesterday. Today is much less hectic, thank goodness. I am on the home stretch of these socks I am knitting for DH's valentine present; maybe I'll get them done today. Have a good one, ladies...

Mom2Gaby
02-06-2008, 02:00 PM
Good Morning!

I am almost back to 166! Yippeeee, maybe by Friday, I hope.

Sassy - My supervisor did the same thing to me. Told me I should be thinking of where I wanted to go in the agency, careerwise. *snicker*,...I have never wanted a career, I just want money. Anyway, maybe that was why I was laid off?? lol Hugs to your mother and you!:hug:

Mindee- Yeah on the van! A nice long road trip sounds fun. Congrats on the weight and keeping the junk food out of the house!

Katy - Sorry about MIL!! I hope she is ok. I wasn't there last night. Gab still has the sniffles, so we passed. I am thinking of going to the Daisy meeting at Hayhu. Thursday night. Thanks for the quote!

Cristina - It was a good quote, huh? I always read mysteries backwards, it is fun that way knowing who did it. I hate suspense. lol

anyway - hi to our MIA's..... Jules, Sue, Michelle and Francie!! Hope you ladies are doing well :)
I am off, tons to do. I picked up Gabs' homework packet this morning because it never has made it's way home. Valentine information was in there saying the teacher wanted the kids to *make* a valentine for the other kids and sign their name. Ok, I can work on Gab signing her name but making cards?? Argh,,,,,,I don't have the time to money for that. I will ask the teacher if that is what she meant.

better get!!

FrouFrou
02-06-2008, 03:25 PM
Hello lovely ladies!

SUSAN...make valentines? What happened to buying a package, lol? Valentine's Day for the kids is supposed to be fun, not a chore, lol! Yes, that is a good quote, and oh so true. Woohoo to almost being at 166! :yay:

MINDEE...you don't have to apologize missy. I just wanted to give credit where credit was due ;) So have you rode in the new van yet? You guys lovin' it?

KATY...sorry to hear about your MIL, hope she is okay. I did get a good night's sleep once I went to sleep. Went to bed at almost 1 but didn't actually go to sleep until almost 3, ugh! But then I couldn't get up this morning, lol and slept until 10:30, yikes! the thing is, I probably could have slept another hour or two. I think it's the cold.

SASSY...I think Miss Katy gave some very good advice! Hope your back is better today.

Well, nothing going on with me today. This cold has me feeling like crap! But I forced myself to exercise anyway...just gotta do it! I feel guilty, and weird if I don't do it which I guess is a good thing. Just going to go with it as long as it lasts. Going to get some laundry done and probably nothing else...feeling too crappy. Right now all I want to do is go back to bed! Anyway...have a good day ladies.

tommysgirl18
02-06-2008, 07:39 PM

nothing new on this end.....just enjoying the snow as it is falling outside! as long as I don't have to go out in it......or shovel it! but if it stops before I go to bed, I will shovel it so that Tommy doesn't slip in the morning. I got a call from the speech therapist.......Brandon has an appointment on Friday at 11am!

oops! gotta run.....I have to take over making dinner since Tommy had to run to the store real quick for some catalina dressing.

Sassy_Chick
02-06-2008, 08:48 PM
Hi Ladies.

Still a grey day here. Very windy and colder too......:brr:
We went to pick up our car from the dealer, it had an oil change done and when I was leaving to come to work, I was very close to being in an accident. This dude zips out in front of me, I am so thankful that I have good breaks!!! :o

Then get to work, have a "nice" little email from my boss that my drs note was not good enough, I need another one. :rolleyes: He wants one with dates, where I can understand that, I have seen that he lets others get away with less -- like no note at all and he is also not letting me use my "floating holiday" from MLK day for yesterday, so that means I won't get paid for yesterday.......and again he has let his "Favorites" do it....But anyways...........

Mindee -- thanks I think its only supposed to get colder here, with a chance of snow on the weekend.......crazy weather. lol. :congrat: on the new van!! I maintain my mom's myspace site for her, she has no clue nor any patience for it, so she lets me do it. lol.

Cristina -- Thanks......

Susan -- I totally 100% agree with you. I am only here for the $$ as well. If it wasn't for our new car and having to um pay for it, I would have quit long ago that is for sure. That car is the only reason I am here. I guess that is why I am so miserable, because I HAVE to be here, ya know?

Katy -- Thank You for the advice, truly, but I just plan on putting the survey off as long as necessary, I do not plan on ever being a supervisor or anything like that, esp here. I am like Susan, I am only here for the $$ and if I did not need it, I would have quit long ago. lol. Great attitude right? lol. I just really hate it here and I know its all my boss who is creating a nasty work environment, not only with me, for everybody, except for his "favorites".

Needless to say I defintely have to get out of here. I am thinking about even going to work at a grocery store or something to get the heck out of here. I am just so tired of all the BS. We all keep hoping that it will all catch up with our boss, but it seems like he can do whatever he pleases without any negative consequences. :p I just don't know how much longer I can take it. My time limit has already expired to the amount of time I gave for changes to be made, but I keep hoping that things will change, ya know??? UGH..........Anyways, sorry to vent, just frustrated, as usual..........

So sorry that I always complain about my job, I am working on finding something else though, because this isn't healthy, to be so miserable all the time. I'd rather be making minimum wage if it meant I was happier.......Thanks so much for all your kind words and support.......

Well all I have "bigger fish to fry" now. My boss called me stating I need to have my dr fill out the FMLA form or basically I am sc**wed. I am sure my dr will do it for me, but he also stated he went to HR about it and that is what they suggested. I can't really get mad over it because its all correct because of how my co. is on attendance and all, so I have to do what I have to do.

I am not even worrying now about the stupid survey. I may not need it if I don't work here anymore!!! lol. I am surprised that my boss did not make me leave because technically my drs note did not say when I could return to work, so I think that is a big no-no, but at least I am getting paid, so that is all I care about right now.

tommysgirl18
02-07-2008, 02:53 AM
well, I am back and all is quiet in this house! I even went out and shoveled the snow that fell earlier on Wednesday, I folded our laundry and put it away.....what else did I do?

I actually stepped on the scale again, and am down another pound. I really need to get away from weighing myself daily! I guess keeping the junk food out is an awesome thing! I even stocked up on my Crystal Light Energy drink so that I can keep up on drinking my water. (plain water seems boring to me!)

SuzieQ~ Any plans with McDreamy this weekend? How did the homework with Gab go? Is she given her homework for the week on Monday, and then she has to do it through out the week?

Cristina~ Nope, I haven't ridden in the new van yet! BUT I will on Friday! We have to go take Brandon for his speech evaluation, then to get him and Logan a hair cut, then to meet the guy we bought the van from to get the new tires, and then some time to Wal-Mart to pick up some things! Then on Saturday we are going up north to see my parents! I can't wait!!!! We are going to be taking our camera and laptop since we are going to take some pictures and then upload them onto her myspace page for her.

Sassy~ That sucks about the email from your boss. Did you ever fill out the survey that they were sending around? If the survey goes to the big head honchos (as in the ones over your boss' head) then I would be truthful about what he does with his favorites. BUT if it goes to your boss, then I wouldn't do it....unless the survey is anonymous.

jules1216
02-07-2008, 08:56 AM
Hi all! Sorry I have been MIA. I don't know where to begin. Today is hubby's birthday and we are suppossed to go out. There are some old mineral spring baths in a little town close by--George Washington visited there...impressive huh..then he wants to go get pizza at the little place we found on our way home from the motorcycle show.

Work is busy as usual, the new girl(who just turned 59 on Monday!) is picking up speed on the entry. I have always said that the job takes a good 6 months to get comfortable with. Another of the ladies has tendonitis in her right elbow. I am hoping she heals fast--she really likes the therapist she is going to.

Weight/diet wise--I am not losing but I guess on the bright side--I am not gaining. I have to do something--I don't like where I am. The antibiotic did kick the cold out of me so I am feeling better. Just still really tired from whatever it was I had.

Ryan is not moving to Eugene in April. His friend is getting married and it looks like they will be coming back here. His other friend is moving to Portland in the summer and said Ry could move with him. Truthfully I can see him getting along better with Adam than David. Ryan has grown so much since he and David were friends and Adam is more into the creative writing and has the same philosophical views that Ry does.

Dominic is sick--he has a little cold and a slight ear infection. We took him up to Becky's since she will watch him some when Teri goes back to work. little Henry was getting over his cold but must have had enough to give it to the baby. He is doing better and is suprisingly not fussy. He does want to be held alot.

Teri is heartbroken. Dave went out about a week ago and was suppossed to be at his friends house. Another friend came by and he went to the bar and got really drunk. When the first friend came back to pick him up at the bar, the car stopped and Dave decided to get into the drivers seat and see if he could get it started (turns out the transmission went out and it wasn't going anywhere) The police pulled up at that time and Dave got arrested for DUI, unfortunately he was on probation from a previous charge which would have been finished next month so this was a violation. He went to his probation officer yesterday and was taken to jail. They find out in 10 days how long he will have to stay in. Needless to say Teri is devastated. Dave has been getting better in alot of areas, its just apparent that he can't drink. He does help with the baby so much. Thats the one thing that makes me not dislike hime completely. Teri is going to spend the weekend here with us--Dave wants her to stay with his parents but she just doesn't feel comfortabole there. I feel bad for her, but there are things about Dave I have never liked and those things change briefly but he always reverts back to them. I am trying to keep quiet but a big part of me hopes that she will see that she could do so much better. She's so much smarter than to pick the guys she does. I can't figure it out.

Well that's my stressful life...sorry to write a book.

jules1216
02-07-2008, 09:28 AM
Mindee--wtg on the 1 pound!! Nice getting your new van too. Glad you and the kids got over that nasty cold. I can't keep chips in the house--they are my weakness. When I crave salt, I just pop a couple of green olives and it usually does the trick.

Sassy--your boss is one like I used to have. They create "hostile" work enviroments that can really wreck a department and make work very uncomfortable. I would talk to someone in HR or your Payroll department--I don't think a boss can not let you use a floating holiday.

Cristina--Wtg on the 4 pound loss. You are doing awesome in the exercise department!! Chuckee Cheeses sounds fun!! Those little ones are going to love their new "Grandma Cristina"!!!

SuzyQ--Ry always seemed to forget his homework and even when he remembered it, didn't want to do it. The kids always gave out their favorite character on their Valentine cards--they used to decorate a brown paper lunchbag to carry all the ones they got. How's the job search?? Is it still getting steamy with McDreamy??

Katy--I am one of those too that feels so much better when I get regular sleep. Though right now I am still sleeping too much I think from whatever bug I had. Hubby thinks I had a touch of walking pnuemonia and that's why I am still so tired. I kind of think it's a touch of depression making me want to stay in bed.

Hi to Francie & Sue!!

Mom2Gaby
02-07-2008, 02:38 PM
Good Morning -

:dance::hat:As I live and breathe it is our Grandma Jules !! :wave: I am sorry for the stresses but am soooo happy you came and posted! Happy Birthday to the hubby :celebrate:

Sassy - I am starting not to like your supervisor. Grrrrrrr. No, I have never wanted a career, I hated my job, I was miserable. I think that is why my health and mental state went downhill in the last year when I worked there. I really want to find a job that I will love doing, something I am passionate about. Maybe Baskin & Robbins?? haha.....seriously. We spend so much of our lives in the work place, we need to be happy there!!

Mindee - Yeah on another pound down!! Good for you:D

Cristina - You have done so well on your exercising......coming from someone who actually has to get her butt moving. I think I am waiting for the weather to warm up, I hate being out in the cold.

:cheer2: Hi to Katy, Michelle, Francie and Sue!!:cheer2:

My update is I decided not to ask about the Valentines, we are buying regardless of what teach says about making cards..*snicker*....the homework is going well.....we get a monthly packet at the start of the month. I think it is double sided now, so 2 pages a day for Gab to do , plus writing Wednesday words and learning her safety/misc items...like her address, birthdate,full name,her left and right.....blah blah. It is overwhelming and I have papers flying around the house. Not sure what McD and I are doing this weekend,just that we plan on seeing each other....maybe tomorrow I will know more. The job search is fine...lol, it is boring. I need to buy some more nylons.

I guess that is it....off I go again!!!

FrouFrou
02-07-2008, 04:32 PM
Hello ladies...

Not feeling so great today so will post more tomorrow. Just a big ole grouch.

JULES...hugs to you, Teri and Dave! :hug: :hug:

Have a good one ladies...

Sassy_Chick
02-07-2008, 09:31 PM
Hi Gurls.

I wanna say Thanks so much for all your support. You know my boss read my email (I put a read receipt on it) that I sent him stating that I had filled out my FMLA papers that he wanted and left them under my keyboard for him, like he wanted, and he didn't even have the curtosy to reply back? That should not surprise me, he is a freaking a$$hole but still, just a small "Thanks" would have been nice. DH took the FMLA papers to the DR to have him fill it out, the drs office was swamped this morning so DH just left them there for him to fill out.

Mindee -- No haven't filled out the survey, it doesn't go to anybody high up, it goes straight to my boss, that is why I don't know if its just for him or for our co. But I did hear a rumor that our co. is getting ready to cut 200 people, so maybe it is a co. required thing and this is how to "weed" people out? I dunno. In a way I kinda hope I do get cut, as then I will get severance package and I can take some time to look for another job, but I know that I shouldn't think that way.........

Jules -- Happy Bday :bday2: to Hubby!!! :D I hope you had a great time. :) Sorry to hear little Dominick is sick, hope he gets better soon!!! So sorry to hear that Teri is having a rough time with David. I hope everything turns out ok. Our boss I think has a what do you call it? Big head syndrome? Where he likes to make people feel like crap so he feels wonderful? Either way nobody likes him, except of course his "favorites" and I think even they would throw him "under the bus if they had too. lol.

Susan -- You and me and almost everybody at work too -- not liking my boss. Everybody was shocked when I told them what he wants me to do. But two ladies who have been there for several years and both have taken FMLA too, said to do it because after that he cannot touch me and cannot reprimand me for any future absences due to my back. I 120% agree with you on the job thing. That is why I am desperately trying to find something else, even if it isn't my "Dream Job" just so I am not miserable. You are totally correct, we spend way too much time at work to be so unhappy. I also think that is part of my reason for being not only so unhappy, but also for being "stuck" weightloss wise. I know its not ALL that, but I think it has a part in it.

Cristina -- I hope you feel better hon! EVERYBODY at work is sick, and I mean SICK. People being out for a week or more!!! I hope they keep their germs to themselves!!!

Big :hug: to all!!!

tommysgirl18
02-08-2008, 04:05 AM

nothing new on this end.....I am really anxious and excited at the same time about Brandon's evaluation on Friday morning. I want to know where we stand on things, and then what the next step is! I have to admit that I finally got the hang of eating three meals, and two snacks. I have been doing so great these past couple of days since we did our grocery shopping! I am even down three pounds since I my last official weigh in....which was Saturday night/Sunday morning.

Jules~ It is so good to hear from you!!!! I am so sorry to hear about Dominic being sick and Teri being heart broken. From the sounds of it, it does sound like Dave wants to get things right, but like you mentioned...can't drink. I do have to say though, that since there are chips in the house.....if the boys want some, I will take no more then five chips and that will be it! Where as before I used to sit right down with them and eat away.

SuzieQ~ It seems that since the light bulb finally went off, and I realized that I need to eat more during the day and not try to clump it all together, that I am seeing the scale move.....in he right direction! I do have to say though that when I first started out on this weight loss journey after I had Marissa, I wrote down a list of weights (in increments of 5 pounds) along with a column for when I achieved the goal and what size pants/shirts I am wearing at the time......and I finally hit my first official goal AFTER the start weight that I seemed to have been bouncing back to. When I started this journey I was wearing a size 26 pants (that were tight mind you) and a size 3x shirt......now I have size 24 pants (that are loose) and I can wear 2x shirts (maybe smaller now since me boobs seem to have dissappeared on me!) Is that a school that her homework is for? I would love something like that for Brandon so that I can get him prepared for school.....but I wouldn't even know where to start. Maybe I will ask the lady at Brandon's evaluation on Friday morning.

Cristina~ How are you doing girl? You are doing an amazing job with your exercising and your weight loss!!!

Sassy~ How are you doing? did the clouds break or are they still hanging around? I would fill the survey out anyways, and then if the rumor is true and you get cut, then you can go on with your plan of attack. (either way I would still look for another job......especially if you don't like your current one)

jules1216
02-08-2008, 08:41 AM
Mindee--i can eat 5 chips at a time--and then 5 more and then ......I have alot of issues with Dave but even I saw he was trying and he is really good with Dominic and with Teri and her moods. Teri says not having him to help with Dominic will be the hardest. He has the worst luck, it is truly like he has a black cloud over him.

Sassy--there are some people that cannot handle being a boss. There ego gets to pumped up on their own "power" and they make the worst bosses of all. I have had a few. All I can say is document everything--dates, times & what was down. Also any comments if any about you being sick alot- some things that are said can be in voiolation of the disabilities act. My old boss once told a worker who has fibromyalgia that he would never hire someone who gets sick alot again in front of me and another worker who also had health issues. We were shocked and my coworker said he always made comments about her illness and she had it all well documented along with all the favortism he showed especially to one worker whose work we had to always help her keep up on when she went to him crying she had too much work to do.

Cristina--hope you are feeling better!!

SuzyQ--Ry figured out his left and his right by by making a "L" with his thumb and the finger next to it. I still catch him looking down and doing it sometimes when we go on our trips. Have fun with McDreamy!!

Katy, Sue & Francie--hope you are having a good day!

RosieKate
02-08-2008, 12:02 PM
Jules - so sorry to read about Dave's woes...hopefully this will shake him up enough to change his behavior. How's Teri holding up?

Mindee - congrats on the losses - wtg! Enjoying the new van?

Sassy - Ugh - a boss from ****...I haven't had one of those for awhile, though DH has. He documented e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g that pertained to this person. I think that's good advice, because these people tend to dig their own graves, but if there is no documentation they get away with it.

Cristina - feeling better today? I'm starting of a bit grumpy today, but I'm going to the gym pretty soon so hopefully that will snap me out of it.

Susan- I'm with you on the Valentines..ours are bought no matter what anyone else says. My kids don't have the attention span or the time to hand make cards. I tried that once when J was in preschool and I just ended up doing them all, and frankly, I don't enjoy making cards. I still think that teacher is out to lunch on the homework philosophy..there's research that says that piling on the homework at such a young age has no effect on their performance at school. Your time is better spent reading her a book. I admire your patience with it all....

hey - did you make it to the daisy meeting? I was at a parent info night for middle school. Is it worth checking out?

Hi to everyone else!

Well, I have to get ready to hit the gym. Then it's time to pick up Leigh, then run some errands and pick up around the house before it's time to go pick up J...It's just a pick-up kind of day, lol!

suetalks
02-08-2008, 01:43 PM
Morning gals...Like some of the rest of you I have been feeling grumpy. Now, I am also battling sinus pain and headache. On top of a week or two of down right depression. It's h**l, I tell ya.

Today I am doing a couple loads of laundry and not much else. DH even went to the grocery for me. He said I look like I feel miserable. Thanks alot! But, I really do, so how can I complain?
I have been doing a whole lot of nothing except reading and being lazy.

Yesterday I did take Mom to pick up some x-rays for her Mon. appt. We stopped for a few things at Wally World and to eat at Bob Evans. We both brought half of our lunch home and ate it for dinner as DH was gone for the day. I think I will have to cook tonight...but will see what DH brings home. :)

Otherwise, I talked to all 3 of my "brats" several times this week and everyone is well. DS has just 6 more hours and law school will be finished. Whew! A light at the end of the 5 year tunnel. DD in CA has a job interview this morn. and DD here is working on post prom for DGD and also busy with her church activities. I am baking 10 dozen cookies for her church tomorrow. Gads...I hope I feel better.

Mom has had a good week with no nausea, just still the constant pain. Hopefully we can get that addressed Mon. Her arm healed nicely from her fall last week.

So, other than ME, everyone is perking right along. And I will be doing the same here in a day or two. I just got the gray, winter doldrums and then this sinus thing whacked me. We haven't been here in the winter for so long that I forgot how depressing it all is.

Okay...I have rambled enough and my dryer is almost finished, so I better scoot. I will do indies as soon as I can.

Chin up everyone..."this too shall pass."

Mom2Gaby
02-08-2008, 02:35 PM
Good Morning!!

Cristina - Ok, missy. Time is up on being Grouchy, I miss you!! I was checking out Good Reads yesterday, wow...you have a lot of books read!!

Sassy - I would totally ignore your boss, he sounds and acts like a ding bat that snuck thru on a promotion that he was not entitled to. You tell him that for me. lol
awww, don't. :)
I put on weight when I am depressed or feel trapped in life, or when I feel I have no control. Anyway, maybe focus on yor days off and make them extra special so you have that to look forward to?? :hug::hug:

Mindee - I'll send Gaby's homework for Brandon to do and you can send it back completed! It will save my sanity (:bunny2:) and get Brandon prepared for school :).....haha.

I was up to a size 22 in pants, almost about to buy a size 24 at my heaviest. I like the idea of small meals every few hours, that seems to work best for me, helps me not get soooo hungry and feeling sorry for myself.

Again, :bravo: on the scale!! and good luck w/ Brandon's evaluation!!

Katy - Reading is what I like best, we always read 2/3 books before bedtime and now that Gab has her own library card she looks forward to getting new books.
I went last night to the girl scouts meeting. It was mainly addressing new troop leaders. Can you imagine all the mothers looking at each other thinking "I don't want to be a leader, I just want a troop for my daughter!!"...so I was annoyed. It is like pulling teeth to get a troop for Gaby and the Rieke troop leader never returns emails or phone calls , so poop on her anyway. Some of the leaders speaking though make it sound so awesome with the camping and community service the girls can do.
So............do you want to be a troop leader?? lol There was a mixure of Brownie interest and Daisy interest last night. Just no one to lead.

Sue - :hug::hug: hope you are having a super Friday!!

I better go. Gab goes at 5pm with her father. McDreamy called last night when I was reading a book before swimming, it was like 5:30 and he had been gone all day so no emails. He was sweet to call and say hello. Gab answered and she goes "Daddy??".....yikes. Of course we were in the middle of reading so she kept saying "hang up the phone".....and McD heard and thought that was the cutest. haha,,,little doeshe know.....she meant it. :tantrum: I also didn't weigh this morning, I ate late last night so didn't bother, I will do it tomorrow.

Hi to Francie and Michelle!!

later!!

Sassy_Chick
02-08-2008, 07:45 PM
Hi Chicks :wave:

Well I slept mostly out in my recliner.........I was sleeping good too until someone's baby started crying. I guess they are correct when they say that women have that ability to hear crying babies and wake up, because I surely did and I was sound asleep! lol.Then I went to lie down in bed and someone kept banging a door, I was like, "forget it". lol.

DH said our boss was at work when he got there tonight. He signed the FMLA papers that I left for him and gave them to DH to hang on too until our Dr. gets his portion of it signed, DH called them and they said they have just been so swamped that they haven't gotten to them yet, DH told our boss and he was ok with it. I guess my boss is trying to look like "the hero" and like he is saving me by having me do this FMLA thing. Maybe he is, but I seriously doubt it, I guess he could have good intentions, but I just do not trust the little weasel!!! lol.

Mindee -- Ya know it was almost 50 degrees today and I did see the sun out, briefly before I went to bed. lol. And kids were outside roller blading with no coats on, so it couldn't have been too cold. ;)

Jules -- that is definitely my boss. I think when he applied for the position he thought he was going to be a piece of cake and of course that isn't the case. He was a very lazy worker before he was supervisor and seems even worse now. I just do not get how these people get promoted and others who work their behinds off don't. That is a good idea, documenting stuff. I think that would be a good idea to pass on to others too, because its not just me who is having the problems.

Katy -- Yeah I think the documenting is a good idea and I plan on passing on that message too. We all definitely know its only a matter of time before he sinks himself. It was like that with an ex coworker of ours. He was lazy, very lazy and we all said eventually it would catch up too him and it did, they finally fired him.

Sue -- :hug: I hope things look up for ya. Glad your mom is doing better. I think I have the winter blahs too.

Susan -- You hit the nail on the head there! lol. Amazing you all can see how my boss is and you haven't even met him! lol. I guess we've all had bosses like him before though. Your right and I think that is a big reason why I am "stuck" and I don't plan on it keeping me there for long. I am taking your advice and making the most out of my days off and trying to keep work out of my mind, as hard as that is at times. lol.

Well I again wanna say thanks, you all have once again made me feel much, much better. ;)

FrouFrou
02-09-2008, 01:40 AM
Hi ladies...

Sorry for another quickie...busy day and then Josh's GF called and wanted to come by. Her llittle girl wanted to give me a 'prise' (surprise), so cute! So they were here for a little while. Anyway, tomorrow I am headed to the show to see The Diving Bell and The Butterfly while it's still on. Was supposed to see it last week but didn't feel like going and it's only going ot be on until Wednesday.

Have a great evening ladies, and Saturday too! Chat tomorrow sometime :hug:

tommysgirl18
02-09-2008, 03:37 AM
well, we had one crazy day on Friday! we went to his speech evaluation. it went well......I guess. the speech therapist stopped basically halfway through the first section of the test because he wasn't saying anything. so then she moved on to a different test, and again stopped after a little bit of that one because he wasn't saying anything. she tried him with a receptive test and he did great on that one! she then concluded that he should have been in a preschool program this past September. so she was going to have her secretary call the other schools in the school district to see if any of them have openings for him. I need to get back in contact with the lady from Early On to see about getting his hearing tested. in a way, it did shed some light, but in another way, we are still back at square one.

me and Tommy got our Valentine's Day gifts. we got matching tattoos on Friday while we were out (I will post a picture of it as my avatar) It turned our really great and I love it! the kids even behaved long enough for us to get them done while we were out. Tommy got his on his left arm under his previous tattoos that he has on that arm, and I got mine on my left calf just above my moon tattoo. (I almost got it directly on the back on my calf.....but thankfully the tattoo artist talked me into getting it on the side of the calf instead!)

Jules~ That is how I used to be with chips....well junk food in general. But I have FINALLY gotten my head screwed on the right way as far as my eating habits and what I need to do, and it is sticking! That sounds like us.....we always seem to end up in the wrong place at the wrong time. But it sounds like Dave knows that being in that situation isn't what he needs to be concentrating on during this time. I am sure that from the way it sounds, that this is going to be his wake up call that he needs.

Katy~ Thanks for the congrats! I am actually feeling very confident about actually getting to my goal weight! I know it will take a lot of time and patience, but I am willing to commit to it as long as I am getting healthier in the process! I told Tommy a couple of weeks ago when he asked me what I wanted to do and he was surprised by my answer. I told him that I wanted to go somewhere and just walk.......he was caught off guard at first and then said "will the mall work?" I said "perfect.....let's go!"

Sue~ Sounds like every body is trucking along. How are you feeling today? I hope your mom starts to feel better soon! And I hope that you can get your concerns addressed on Monday.

SuzieQ~ Sure thing....send it along! Although, I have a feeling that he will be getting into school soon on his own. (I can't believe it......my big (baby) is gearing up to go to school! *sniff*sniff) but I know that it will be helping him talk more.....which means we really need to hunker down on the potty training majorly!

Sassy~ I didn't believe that whole thing about being able to wake up when you hear a crying baby......but it does happen! I have done it numerous times and some of the time my brain was tricking me because none of my kids were crying! Your boss does sound like a weasel!

Cristina~ How were the movies?

jules1216
02-09-2008, 08:36 AM
Mindee--sorry you didn't get any answers on Brandon's test--at least the one was good. Jerry and I have a matching tattoo--It's a rose with two locks in it. It's prettier than it sounds but he didn't want to go too girly...

Cristina--so what was your "prise"? How was the movie? What is your log on at good reads?? I just picked up a few more book at the library.

Sassy--Teri gets up if Nick makes any noise at all--she is getting better since she is recognaizes what his little sounds mean now. He is a very vocal baby. Our friend Becky was suprised since none of her three made that many noises the youn. Her oldest daughter was "talking" to him and he was "responding"--they got a big kick out that. Little Henry likes his new little friend. He was patting his back Thursday night. Good luck with your boss, I think we all have had a bad boss so can relate to what you are going through even though the situation may have been a little different with each of us. It's so hard to have a bad workplace since we have to spend so much time there.

SuzyQ--my kids always loved to be read to and Ryan is a huge reader still. Every now and then one of us will read something and then have the other one read it. Their favorite was one from Dr Suess called the "Lifted Lorax"??? I think??? I will have to go look. Sometimes they will be joking around and say "The trufala trees, the trufala"..."What about the trufala trees"..cracks me up. It's probably why they are both big recyclers since it's about saving the enviroment. After Teri read the Rainbow Fish in elementary school she loved it so much I had to get a copy. Teri will still read sometimes. What's funny is when she was in high school and she had a really boring book, we would read it out loud to each other and talk about it. Her faves from high school were "Cold Sassy Tree" & "Ender's Game".

Sue--My mom and I both had to end up going to the doctors to get one of those 5 day antibiotic packs for upper respitory ailments before we felt better. Whatever this "cold" is that everyone is getting is more than a cold. It's hard to shake it off. glad your Mom is doing ok. WTG on finishing law school--good luck on the bar to him!! I tend to get a little depressed myself from time to time. I usually up my b vitamins!!

Katy--I think this was a real wake up call for Dave. He is really misisng Teri and the baby. She has to go back to work on Monday and since he was laid off and still looking for work he was going to watch the baby and try to find a job working nights so little Nick wouldn't have to go to a babysitter. My Mom is excited and she will be watching him on Mondays and Wednesdays, except when she goes on her trips with the Gadabouts (her group of retired ladies from church) They do all kinds of fun stuff once a month. I have Fridays covered and Teri is going to ask if she can switch her shift from Mon-Fri to 4 days a week plus Sunday. She is thinking if she has Tuesday or Thursday off she can just use that day for appointments and I can watch the baby on Sunday. Then she will have Becky or Geneva watch him the other day.

Ry and Adam are planning on going to Portland by summer. They are waiting for their regular tax return and then the promised $600 extra. They want to see if they can go by train and make some stops along the way. Teri is cute she sings the alphabet inserting silly words and famaliar thing for each letter to Nick. It's cute. I got dsome baby vicks to rub on his chest at night--with the amoxicilian it seems to be working.

Mom2Gaby
02-09-2008, 02:59 PM
Good Morning -

Jules - I would love to have a baby close by to cuddle, you are so blessed. You should hop the train w/ Ry & Adam!!! Come visit us in Oregon, today is beautiful.

Mindee - Love the tattoo!! You are so brave, I have wanted to get one but am way chicken. I kind of want the nose piercing too. Anyway - just have to keep plugging along on the speech thing or maybe get the right person to evaluate (?) I know w/ Gab it took Kaiser and the school district to figure out what was wrong.

Cristina - Miss you but sounds like you are having fun! Cute about the prise :) Gab calls girl , gurl....like she is from the Bronx. lol Hugs to you!

k- busy day here!! Down to 166 so feel better and promise myself to watch it more carefully this week, I think my munchies have calmed down. I guess I am not pregnant afterall - haha. Good news is Gab is able to go back to her after school on Monday!! It will only cost $70 a month. Saw McD last night for a bit, and tonight he is making me a Valentine dinner - awww, what a sweet man.

:wave:Hi to - Katy, Sue, Francie, Michelle and Sassy!!!!:wave:

jules1216
02-09-2008, 09:58 PM
SuzyQ--It's beautiful here too--though crazy--woke up with snow on the ground and then it got in the 50's--crazy. I can't live without my Ry so I will have to be visiting Portland to see him and meet you and Katy!! I love cuddling the baby--he is such a sweetie!!

Well just wanted to pop in and say hi!!

Sassy_Chick
02-09-2008, 11:48 PM
Hi Ladies.

Well here we go again with the crazy weather. Its been in the 50's or so and now the next few days down in the 20's and a chance of snow on Tuesday. Totally crazy. :dizzy: My DH woke up with his throat sore and his ears hurt.......UGH I hope he isn't getting what everybody else has gotten.......I sent him to work with Halls and he is stopping at Walmart on his break to get some honey to have tea and I told him to get some soup. I hope he isn't sick and I hope more importantly I do not get it. Because I absolutely cannot miss any more work.

My cat totally spazed out before I have no idea why. I know who can ever tell with Cats, right? lol. But we were watching the Animal Planet -- his favorite channel, yes my cat is a total couch potato. lol. Anyways, usually he loves watching animal shows, seems like ever since we bought our new tv, I dunno if its just clearer since its HD or what, but he is totally into it now. lol. Well anyways, we was watching Funniest Pets and there was a bear cub on there, and the cub walked toward the camera and at that point my cat totally spazed out. So I have no idea. The bear cub came on at the end of the program and then my cat was totally fine. He is now behind our chairs, so I dunno. Weird. lol.

Mindee -- Glad the speech test went well, I hope he gets into school and has fun. :) Great Tatoo!! My boss is just that -- a weasel. Maybe that is insulting to weasels though? LMAO!!!

Jules -- Hey Chica. Awwww I wish we could hear little Nick. ;) I wonder what they are saying? lol. UGH my boss is so frustrating!!! Can u believe my boss has even made comments to other coworkers about the coworkers who were out SICK? Saying he was p.o.ed that they were out. I am like WTF do you expect? If he is ever sick, he keeps his behind at home!!! ARGH!! How R U? How is the little one? Teri? I hope all is well. :)

Cristina -- you feeling any better?? Get Well Vibes!!! :goodvibes That is cute, so what was your "prise" ??? :)

Hi Susan :wave: Hi to Everybody else out there, I hope you are doing well!!!

Mom2Gaby
02-10-2008, 04:49 PM
Happy Sunday!

A quickie because I woke up at noon, feel like a teenager. I weighed and was happy to see a stable 166! I think I can get to 165 by Friday, I think I can, I think I can *sigh. This weight loss thing is so intense - lol
I found some multi vitamins that expire in 09 so I started taking them.

Dinner w/ McD last night he made some awesome beef stroganoff, he had his little recipe book out and was puttering around the kitchen like a pro (plus, cheese bread again (!!) yum.) I got to do the salad and I swear this was a 4 hour dinner and it was very nice to talk after a week of just emails. *sigh....and we watched a movie afterward and of course kissed and made out like rabbits in heat. lol It was fun.

Sassy - cute on the cat, I love mine. I don't think he has ever watched tv though. He likes to walk on me and settle close to my head and purr, I don't know what I would do without his company.

Jules - Thank you sooooo much for sharing the pictures!! Baby Nick is beautiful and his skin is soooo smooth, just have the urge to hold him.

It is nice here again today, warm enough for a walk in the park. I think I will do that before Gab gets home.

Hello to all the MIA's!! Chat later

Sassy_Chick
02-11-2008, 02:15 AM
Hey Gurls.

What a very very cold night/morning whatever it is!!! Its only 11 degrees here and they say with the windchill it feels more like 3 degrees!!! :o Schools were closing already at 11 pm!!! And our heat is acting up again. I don't know if its because it is so cold or what, but I am definitely going to have DH call the apt. office in the morning. I have the emergency heat on now.

Just had a conversation with DH on the phone about losing weight, seriously this time.........and he's all for it. Not sure how he wants to do it, Calorie Counting, WW's, or what, but he said he'd do it along with me.

I have a goal now, its kind of a high one too. Not sure if its even doable. See what you ladies think. I want to lose 100 lbs by the end of September, on our 10 yr Anniversary. Do you think it is possible if I really really really get serious? Be honest, I know I haven't done well at all in the past, but I am serious now. I think it was my last adventure with my back that did it. I am not doing it now for looks, I am doing it for my health and to live longer. I don't want to end up in a wheelchair in my 30's if I can help it.

So that is my plan. DH does the grocery shopping so he said he will stop buying the crap. He said we can have 1 small treat a week. I wanted 1 meal a week, but he said one treat is better..........So we'll have to work out the details.

I just feel awful that I have done this to myself. It totally disgusts me. I feel like a drug addict, only with food. :( There is an article in one of my magazines about emotional eating and it says that you need to discover why it is you eat emotionally so you can move on and deal with it in a different way. I haven't read it all completely yet, but that is the gist of it. I agree. I think, no I know my eating started out of boredom. I won't go into all the details, but I know that is where it all began, when I was a kid and I think I still do it to this day and its gotta stop.

I can substitute it for exercise or something else. Maybe take a class or something.

Anywho, that is that.

Oh DH said going into work tonight he saw our boss pulled over by a cop in the parking lot next to our co. Come to find out he was in a car accident (he is ok) and it MAY be his fault, we aren't 100% sure on that part yet.

Well that is about all for me.

Susan -- that is how I feel about my cat too, he is my companion, don't know what I do without the little bugger. lol. I talk to him all the time too. lol.

I hope you all are doing well!!

tommysgirl18
02-11-2008, 03:20 AM
hello ladies.....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end. we "rented" SC3 off of On Demand on Sunday. The boys were really into it while they were watching it with daddy. I was putting their new dresser together. I sat down and watched it a little bit ago, and I thought it was cute.

As far as Brandon's evaluation, I was hoping for better results, but I just want to know what is the cause of his lack of speech. He was doing so well, and then we hit a bump in the road and he got derailed.

sorry for cutting this short, but I am trying to get through my email. get a couple of emails sent, read, and then off to bed! it has been really cold outside (last I saw it was 0 degrees), so our furnace is trying to keep up with the coldness.....but a little bit ago I noticed that the Filter button is flashing, so we need yet another new filter! (this is the third one so far this winter)

Jules~ That sounds like a really nice looking tattoo! Tommy is already talking about putting flames around his to form an armband. (so we won't have matching tattoos per say, but they will be close)

SuzieQ~ That is actually my third tattoo! I have a couple others that I want to get. One for sure is a matching tattoo with two of my best friends. (they hooked me and Tommy up along with my mom) What is it that they found with Gab? We were watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition on Sunday night, and Brandon was really getting in to it. He was making the motions and some sounds for what he wanted to get across. So.....I am going to talk to Early On again to see where we can go from here.

Sassy~ LMAO! Some people out there are meant to be weasels.....and some of them tend to be boss'! How are things going for you today?

Mom2Gaby
02-11-2008, 01:39 PM
:bike::moped:Please STOP and POST at thread #37!! See you there!! :scooter: