South Beach Diet - Hump Day Chatter

View Full Version : Hump Day Chatter

Ruthxxx
01-23-2008, 04:58 AM
Yippee! I'm first this morning. I've got the beach towels spread out, the brollies opened and the cabana boys polished up and ready to serve coffee. :rofl:

My parlour looks like a hospital room with the bed set up in the middle. Claire and Doug did it yesterday and I tested it out with an afternoon nap! I think I'll repeat that today as 4 AM is too early to be up. I dozed off on the couch right after American Idol last night, slept for an hour and then hit the real bed at 10 so I should be rested but..... :shrug:

Today is a day of last minute things like plant watering, minor groceries and the tail end of the laundry. I will probably be offline for 5-7 days but will be back as soon as I can. I may get Ellis to pop in and post as I'll be sure to have her phone number with me at the hospital.

Have a glorious Hump Day. I may see y'all later. :cofdate:

cottagebythesea
01-23-2008, 06:22 AM
Good morning, Ruthie! Thanks for making a pleasant start to the day. :) Why are all the cutest cabana boys hanging around your beachchair, though?
Looks like everything is all ready for your recouperation, and I know you'll have a caring circle of friends to look after you until you are back on your feet. Our prayers will be with you tomorrow. :hug:

I have a load of laundry started, and will be headed out to Curves shortly. This afternoon Maggie and I will go shopping for a birthday present before picking up Audrey and going to ballet/tap lessons. For supper tonight, I'm going to try a new recipe for Red Lentil and Spinach Stew. The recipe says to buy extra because it's so good that I'll want to make it again tomorrow. ;)

tomandkara
01-23-2008, 07:11 AM
Oooooh, Linda, you will have to share that recipe when you give it a taste! Sounds wonderful! :T

Good morning, Ruth! Good luck with all your last minute things. We'll be thinking of you!!!

We just got back from AWANA and the kids are brushing and flossing before bed. Had a good day. Two weeks until we leave Asia! I can't believe how quickly this year has gone!

Off to tuck in the wee ones and then I'll be back.

Kara

THINBYJUNE
01-23-2008, 07:35 AM
Good Morning Everyone

Ruth Thanks for the coffee :coffee:. We'll be thinking of you. Take care of yourself.

Cottage The stew sounds yummy. You'll have to let us know what you think.

Kara :carrot: Yay for the Germany move. Have a great day.

Well work has been awful. You know when you have those days where you just want to quit and the only thing keeping you from doing it is the mortgage payment. Just like that... And apparently the wedding is now completely off and ex-DF (did I do that rght Kara?) has made that decision while not speaking to me for 8 days. :mad: I guess all the men in my life have gotten together to determine I need more stress.

Have a great day ladies.

tomandkara
01-23-2008, 07:57 AM
Oh, Dawn. :hug: You can still call him "DF" and we'll all just know to use another situation-appropriate "D" word. :devil: I'll get 'im for ya. :frypan: He clearly doesn't know what a jewel you are!

Kara

Schmoodle
01-23-2008, 08:09 AM
Ooooh, Ruth, I love my cabana boys all polished up! No DH around to get in the way either!
Dawn, I'm sorry you are having a rough time at work and at DF. He doesn't know it yet but the last thing he wants is a bunch of chicks after him.
Nighty-night, Kara.
Have a great one cottage! Looking forward to hearing the recipe review.

I've got a crazy day ahead. Lots of work, kids at home. Both are having friends over, but as their parents work, I'll be doing the running (Hey, wait a minute! Don't I work too?). DD is volunteering at the nursing home this AM with my mom. Science projects to finish, and a town meeting tonight. DD1 has a flat tire, so we've got to get that fixed. I'll be glad to crawl into bed tonight! I know it'll be a great day though, because I've got leftover taco bake in the fridge for lunch.

HistoryChick
01-23-2008, 08:26 AM
Good morning ladies:coffee:

Ruth we're all thinking of ya! :grouphug:

Well I got home yesterday only to find my DH had eaten most of my peanut butter cookies!!! He left me a couple...ugh! lol The stinker. Anyways I was upset to hear about the actor Heath Ledger passing away. My little brother texted me about it yesterday as I was leaving work. What a tragedy, he had a lot of talent. Anyways, I'm trying to decide on what to have for breakfast this morning. I close at work today, should be interesting. I hope everyone has a wonderful day today!!

Schmoodle
01-23-2008, 08:27 AM
And the day gets better. DS just started vomiting, and I'm not feeling too good either. Hoping it's just the power of suggestion with me. That taco bake suddenly doesn't sound so good. In any case, I think I'll call my manager and take a sick day.

little chick
01-23-2008, 08:42 AM
Morning Chicks....

Ruth- will be thinking of you. Take care and hope you get all the little things done today.

Cottage- have a great day, busy as usuall. Enjoy the new soup.

Kara- I love tuck in time.... lol. Have you started packing yet. You must be getting excited.

Thin- MEN, grr, hugs to you.

Schmoodle- big hugs hope you are feeling better soon.

Historychick- do men ever think with their minds or just their tummys. lol. That sounds like something my dh would do. I have to hide things that I make or buy just for a me treat. Have a great day.

Me-- Went to a latin line dancing class last night. What fun. I also jumped on the scales this morning. After I said I would not but I am happy to say that I am down 2 more lbs. Yeah me. Phase 2 is not to bad right now. I have added fruits back, and this morning had a bowl of cereal. I am trying to make sure I get lots of fiber. Well so far so good. Must dash and get some stuff done while I am waiting for the wee ones. Love having a few hours of having the house to myself. Take care chicks.

THINBYJUNE
01-23-2008, 08:44 AM
Thanks Kara & Schmoodle I'm feeling better already. I'm not sure if it was the frying pan smilie or the mental image of angry chicks chasing him down :lol:

Jess I agree that is sad about Heath Ledger. I feel very bad for his daughter.

Schmoodle I hope you and DS feel better.

O.K. I'm off to work. It's raining here and us southern Calfornians get confused while drving in the rain. 1/2 of the people go about 100 mph like they're afraid of the water and the other 1/2 go about 5 mph trying to figure out how where the water is coming from ;) Have a great day.

GONNABE165
01-23-2008, 08:45 AM
Morning south beach chickies

Ruth you sure do know how to find the best looking cabana boys. You will sure be missed for those 5-7 days you are out. My thoughts and prayers are with you :hug:

Cottage can you do a lil extra :strong:at curves for me since I still can't workout for another week

Kara glad you guys had a great day. Are you getting excited about the move?

Dawn take a deep breath and don't let him get to you he will wake up and realize he's a :dizzy: crazy fool

Schmoodle hope you and ds :getwell:

History hope you have a great day at work. Tell dh next time the cookies are for you.

Me - yes there is work today and then I finally get to go meet my baby cousin :carrot: who was born 2 weeks ago per doc wasn't aloud to be around him due to the mono. Then per dh I gotta rest.

Check back on you chicks later.

THINBYJUNE
01-23-2008, 08:45 AM
LC Simulposting :) Thanks for the hugs and :carrot: for the 2 pounds lost.

Gonna Breathing a little deeper. Thanks for the advice.

GONNABE165
01-23-2008, 08:48 AM
LC sorry I missed you. Line dancing what great exercise. Hooray for that 2lb loss :carrot:

Dawn which 1/2 do you belong to? Be careful out there

THINBYJUNE
01-23-2008, 08:54 AM
:lol: Gonna I forgot to mention I'm the ONLY one who knows how to drive here ;)

Pacergal29
01-23-2008, 09:01 AM
BRRRR! Thanks for the cabana boys Ruth they sure warm my thoughts on a cold morning!

Cottage The stew sounds good, I have a stew of my own going in the crockpot today.

Kara You must me getting excited for the big move!

Dawn I think it's the thought of all us chicks chasing him with frying pans that make you feel better. Your the best and deserve better!

Schmoodle Sure hope you aren't getting sick. My DD is home for the second day this week with a nasty cold. DH is mad cause I didn't make her goto school today but I told him they had 170 kids out of school on Monday, that is 1/3 of their enrollment and part of the reason is because kids don't stay home when they should!

History MEN! I to was sad to hear about Heath Ledger.

LC Glad the scales are moving for you!

Gonna Have fun with that baby, nothing like a newborn to lift your spirits!

Me For the first time in I don't know how long I am looking at reaching my monthly goal on loan closings! 7 working days left and only 2 loans to go and they are both in the wrap up stages! We are looking at a busy Feb. with the fed lowering rates yesterday! :dizzy:

Have a great day chicks, check back later!

THINBYJUNE
01-23-2008, 09:09 AM
Congrats on making your loan goal Pacer. Both of my parents were mortgage brokers my entire life so I totally understand. Mom just retired when Dad passed away which was right before the business fell apart.

tomandkara
01-23-2008, 09:15 AM
Dawn, both Tom and I are :rofl: about your driving skills in relation to the rest of the population! Be safe among all the crazies!!!

Stephanie, congrats on your successes this month!

Gonna, have fun with the bebe! So cute!!! What's his name? I love baby names!

LC, your class sounds like a lot of fun! Mind teaching us a few moves?

Jess, think of it as that many less calories you'll eat! Silly boy.

Schmoo, get better girlie! Hope the boy feels better soon, too!

We *are* getting excited about the move! It'll be the first time that I'll be happy to be going back because I know exactly when I'll see Tom again and we'll have so much to do to keep us busy that I won't be pining over him being half a world away.

Kara

tkglenn
01-23-2008, 09:26 AM
Good morning everyone. Nothing much going on. I was down a pound yesterday which totally surprised me. I will be surprised if I even stayed the same today, after the way I've been eating. I did half of my workout video yesterday and just gave up. I didn't want to do anymore. I'm getting lazy again and not so much discouraged but UN-motivated. Maybe I need to keep a picture of me when I was skinny to keep me determined. Will try that and see how that goes. Alittle encouragement though, someone at my church last night asked me if I lost weight. She's the only one who noticed. Woohoo.
Well, off to the shower before DD wakes up. Will be back later.

cottagebythesea
01-23-2008, 09:29 AM
My plans for the lentil & spinach stew are on hold for now, I couldn't find red lentils at the store and I don't feel like running around town searching for them right now. I'll make the recipe soon, though, and let you know how it turns out. I did see Z-Sweet on the store shelf, though, Kara, so it must be getting popular. They had it in both the bulk and packets.
I just popped a Taco Bake in the oven, I know that doesn't really appeal to you right now though, Schmoodle. I hope you and your DS feel better soon! I really loaded it down with veggies. I always add spinach to the meat mix, and layer shredded carrots over the beans before layering the meat on top of it, and this time I added extra mushrooms and peppers and some leftover cooked broccoli, too. It will be extra healthy!

Dawn, I'm sorry to hear about your wedding plans being called off, but it's probably for the best. You have to live with this person for the rest of your life, and you can't change them, so keep that in mind. How are you feeling, are you OK? We're here for you when you need us, don't forget!

LC, Hurray for another 2 lbs!!!! I'm waiting til Friday to weigh in, but my clothes are looser so I know things are happening.

Jess, those peanutbutter cookies must have been good, I haven't made them. Sounds like it's time for you to make some more and hide them this time!

GONNA, I'm glad you're starting to feel better. Have fun visiting your new little cousin!

GONNABE165
01-23-2008, 09:31 AM
Dawn your too :lol: funny

Stephanie congrats on making your goal. I'm keeping my :crossed: that you exceed your February goal.

Kara my baby cousins name is Peyton William

tk don''t get down & discouraged. You know what I did was put a pic of me when I was at 126 and 215 on the fridge so I always see it - thats a big motivator for me - give it a try

cottagebythesea
01-23-2008, 09:32 AM
Morning, Stephanie and tkGlenn! Enjoy your day!

tkglenn
01-23-2008, 09:48 AM
Yeah, I was thinking of putting it on my fridge and maybe the snack cabinet door to remind me of what I want to look like. I am actually down a pound. I am so happy. Woohooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tomandkara
01-23-2008, 10:01 AM
Morning, Tawnya! I think the fridge and snack cabinet are excellent places to display photos of yourself! I actually had a friend a couple years ago who was trying to lose "baby weight" and she put her scale in her kitchen. She said just having it there helped her to make conscientious choices. Hope you got your shower in before the kids woke up!

Linda, thanks for suggesting the peppers in the taco bake! I LOVE spinach in with the beans, and tons of mushrooms with the (soy)meat, but peppers would be spectacular! I think I may be on a bit of a pepper kick (remember my stint with zucchini every day this summer?!)...just had some roasted last night...mmmmmmm!

Kara

tkglenn
01-23-2008, 10:07 AM
Kara-that's a good idea. Never thought of that. And I could weigh myself before reaching for something sweet and sugary. Will have to try that too. well, i'm off for the day. got lots to do, got cakes to bake and chores to do.

beachgal
01-23-2008, 10:20 AM
Mornin', Chickies! :wave:

Ruth, I'm so glad you have all those wonderful friends taking care of you!!! :D Wish I could be there to help, dear heart! I know you'll breeze through the surgery with flying colors. Everyone I know who's had knee surgery says the lack of pain afterwards (even with the pain from surgery) is astonishing! I hope you feel that way too!!! I bet within a short time you'll be up for Latin Line Dancing with LC! :devil: (BTW, LC, that sounds like SOOO much fun!!! :flame: ) Take care of yourself and know that you'll be missed!!! :hug: (that doesn't mean I won't be enjoying standing in for you as the cabana boy polisher... :s: )

Cottage, I love anything with lentils. Mmm! :P

Schmoodle, I'm so sorry about DS and hope you aren't ill as well. :hug:

Dawn, DF (and I'm NOT thinking "Dear...") is a nutcase if he's thinking about letting you go! :kickbutt: You let us know if we need to get in touch with some friends in New Joisey... :club: Oh, hon, you are SOOOOO right about SoCal drivers in the rain! :lol3: I'm a CA girl, born and bred, and you described my experiences perfectly!!!

Kara, I'm thrilled about your move!

Congrats on reaching your loan closings goal, Stephanie! :congrats:

Me:
Well, my nutrition counselor doesn't want me to weigh in on my scale...and we both agreed that it was better for me not to know the number difference when I weighed in with him. He told me that I'd lost fat and gained muscle, though, so that's good. :shrug: I'm not sure what I think about all that! He wants me to stick to no more than 4 servings of starches a day (I used to do only 1, but apparently it crept back up on me while I was focusing on protein! :o ). It's harder than I thought, especially since he counts beans as a starch! :mad:

Off to the gym today after work and then I have the night off (YAY!!!), which is even better than normal because I thought I had to do out and it turned out that the event I was thinking of is next week. Yay! :D

I'm making cakes for our new neighbors--we had two houses next to us sell in the last month. I wanted to make something somewhat SBD-friendly so I wouldn't be tempted, but decided to go with "easy" and make my mom's amazing bundt cake, which starts with a cake mix. I was drooling last night! I'm going to do the second one tonight and then get them out of the house ASAP! :fr:

Hope everyone has a great day!

KO
01-23-2008, 11:01 AM
I'm a dizzy mess so I can't reply to everyone!! (Purple HAze much?)
Ruth :hug: i'll be thinking of you and praying for you and we'll keep your cabana boys polished and supplied with fronds for fanning you!!
Dawn: sometimes its REALLy good to walk away from a potentially toxic sitch. . . and I'm from NJ and have No problems bringing the whoopass!!
Schmoo Feel better hon nothings worse than nausea
Cottage/Linda what's that zsweet stuff? Red Lentils might be at Trader Joes?
Laurie: can you pm me the bundt cake recipe? I'm always looking for easy food gifts.
OH! the peanut butter cookies Made a great crust EXCEPT! I had never had it before and wasn't too fond of the splenda taste and you have to make a double batch. But If you dig the cookies. . . the texture was perfect for a cheesecake or crumb like pie option I had it in the oven at 350 for 5 min then turned off the oven and let it sit for a bit.
OK off to try to be productive. . .Now where did I put my flaming guitar?
Kierie

little chick
01-23-2008, 11:54 AM
Kara, I would love to teach you chicks some moves but I don't really remember many of them. The girls were saying that it takes about 3 classes to finally start putting the steps together. I really don't have to much trouble as alot of the steps I do in my tap/jazz class. It just throws me off when we start with the left foot instead of the right.... But it was lots of fun.

Bauhaus Betty
01-23-2008, 01:26 PM
Just popping in to say hello to everyone, and send good thoughts Ruth's way!

Barb0522
01-23-2008, 01:53 PM
Yesterday was so frustrating. It started out okay. Brian got picked up by his friend's dad who took the two boys to breakfast and school while I took the train downtown. I had no problem getting to the courthouse or finding the cafeteria where I was to wait for my lawyer. When we got to the courtroom though we talked to Robert's lawyer just to be told that Robert had fired his lawyer and hired a new law firm so after taking off work, the whole thing is rescheduled for the same time on Feb 1st. I HOPE the weather will be good so I can just drop Brian at school early because I hate asking people to go out of there way to take Brian. Robert didn't even show up at the courthouse although the lawyer expected him.

I stopped on the way back at the post office and got them to cancel the mail forwarding of Brian's mail. Robert can SAY that if he forwarded Brian's mail that it was a mistake but the post office confirmed he filled out one form for himself and one for Brian. It is just so petty and stupid.

KO
01-23-2008, 02:39 PM
Barb :hug: Keep your chin up hon!! My Mom Always says Karma's a B!tch. and Every Dog has his day! You are taking control of your life and when all this is over and done with both you and Brian will have a more peaceful existence!

Kim_Star060404
01-23-2008, 03:45 PM
Barb: :hug:

Girls, this is the second day that I've missed personals because of the busy-ness that has hit me like a brick wall. I miss you all so much! I will try to get back into the groove tomorrow!

~Kim

tomandkara
01-23-2008, 04:42 PM
Laurie, good luck with getting you four starches a day! Think of it as a challenge - what can you eat to get the most nutritional bang for your buck? You can do it!

Kier, hope the haze clears up soon! Thanks for the idea of using the peanut butter cookies as a crust! That is a splendid plan! I used Equal in mine and could also taste the artificialness.

LC, I don't know if I could learn Latin dance IN the studio, let alone on-line! You'll have to post a photo of you in full get-up. Do you have a recital?!

:wave: Betty!!!

Barbara, I can't believe how ridiculous Robert is being. You are staying so strong and you are giving Brian such a solid place to call home through all of this. If we were nearby I'd be honored to watch Brian for you, and I'm sure your friends don't see your requests as being cumbersome. With all that you do for your community through Scouting and everything, I'm sure they're all looking for ways to return the favor. :hug:

Kara

GONNABE165
01-23-2008, 04:42 PM
Lots of prayers for you Barb:hug:

Kim you busy girl you. Be sure and at least make time for yourself

As for me this afternoon I still have one of my horrible headaches :?: and have had it all day so I will leave from work and go home to get in bed.

Have a great evening everyone

tomandkara
01-23-2008, 04:46 PM
Forgot...I'm up early because I have to take Connor in to the doctor for a check-up so we can be medically cleared for Germany. He's asthmatic so they have to make sure they can serve him at Ramstein. I'm sure everything will be fine; it's just a pain in the rear to wake up so early, and I HATE waking the kids up for anything. They're so grumpy about it! I thought I had set the alarm for 6:30 but when I started to get everything ready I realized it was only 6:15 so I must've set the alarm for 6. Weird. Gave me time to check in here, though! Have a nice night you guys!

Kara

THINBYJUNE
01-23-2008, 07:54 PM
Hi everybody,

Kara I'm confused isn't Ramstein where the really awesome medical airforce base is? :chin:

Cottage I'm sorry the lentils weren't available. We have a farmer's market (like a cross between Trader Joe's and a regular grocery store) do you have something like that maybe? Thank you for the advice as well. I am O.K. just really confused.:?:

Laurie Kara's right you can do this starch challenge.:lifter:Look at how much you've already accomplished.

KO Thanks for the offer of Jersey back up. If I need Guido I know who to call ;) Hope your Hendrix phase passed quickly and you're feeling better.

:wave: Betty & Kim

Barb :hug: I know you don't want to cause people inconvenience but your friends probably want to do anything they can to help.

Well, of course DF called me at work today and said he needed to talk to me after I got home to explain some things. I'm feeling totally ready for whatever he has to say though thanks to all of you :grouphug: And if I don't like what he has to say I guess I'll just be calling on the chick brigade :club::rollpin::frypan::kickbutt: Have a great night everyone.

tomandkara
01-24-2008, 04:32 AM
We'll be there, Dawn! Just give me about fifteen hours to make the plane trip...

Yes, Ramstein, the base where all the wounded soldiers get sent...Evidently, they had Connor classified as a severe asthmatic because they thought he was on daily meds, which he isn't, so the pediatrician reclassified him today as mild/intermittent and everything should be fine. The paperwork's already been sent over to Germany and hopefully we'll hear back soon!

Kara