Old 01-23-2008, 12:44 AM   #1  
Just Starting Out...

S/C/G: 185/180/145

Height: 5'9.5"

Thumbs down messed up bad :(

I’m doing really bad. Today, I had a nutrigrain bar for breakfast, then for lunch, which was like 2 hrs later, i had a huge waffle with chocolate chips and whip cream and syrup…it was sickeningly sweet and AMAZING. Then, later on I had Cheez-Its, dont know how many, 2 of those 100 calorie packs of oreos, a bag of popcorn, and lasagna rolls and a piece of garlic bread. oh yeah and some chocolate. College life is bad. I’m gonna work out soo hard 2mrrow, if i DO go to the gym :sigh:

i just feel discouraged being back at school because all this unhealthy food is in front of me. crap.
i just don't have the cash to eat how i want to right now. GRRRR
Tanisha Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 12:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

Tanisha, Its okay! you didn't do something that can't be undone! just work out a little harder next time, eat better and things are going to be okay.
Do you have access to fridge and microwave? you could probably stock up on some veggies, even frozen veggies and LF meals on discount, canned veggies, whole wheat rice and pasta, chicken breasts, fruits for snacks and you're good to go. Keep a log of the things you eat so you kee accountability, whatever you bite you write!
Don't be too hard on yourself, think about the choices you make, work a bit harder and take it day by day, meal by meal.. good luck
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 04:26 AM   #3  
gracey

S/C/G: 242/172/168

Height: 5ft 11

dont worry to much,the amount of times i have had a binge day, or had a binge week, and im still here, loosing weight. if you havent got alot of money like me, i tend to rely on fruit to keep me going in the day, it keeps me out of shops and canteens, and water, lots of it. and then i have one main meal, which is halthy and balanced. Its just finding a way to work around your money, life, schedual, and personal ambition. you will be fine. keep going :-)
freethetoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:44 PM   #4  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'2"

Ok - so you had a bad day...brush it off an move on - tomorrow is a new day!

I think we can all say that at some point a day has turned out not exactly like we planned.

Maybe you could also work on resolving why it went so wrong and maybe that will help prevent it from happening again.

Hang in there and good luck!
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 04:57 PM   #5  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

oh man, college life KILLED ME (and I wasn't even a drinker, so I wasn't even getting fat on alcohol calories!) It's the all you can eat buffets, the crappy fried foods, the late night studying binges...

I have no suggestions for you, unfortunately. I know my options at school were VERY limited (think: salads every day of your life or nothing). Hence the reason I gained SIXTY pounds during school. UGH. Move over freshman 15!

Good luck--- I never put myself wholeheartedly into losing weight in college--- maybe if I would have watched portions and worked out it wouldn't have turned out so bad.
BrandNewJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 07:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 163/156/130

Height: 5'7"

Don't worry - one bad day won't ruin your diet! The important thing to remember is that you can always start back to eating healthy at the next meal. Reading your post sounds exactly like something I would do..once I start eating bad, it's hard to stop. One thing I like to do once I've gotten over the binge is workout really hard..no sense in wasting all those calories-you might as well use them for fuel! I also have to practice stopping myself from eating and really thinking about what I put in my mouth!
sfrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 07:56 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 403/250/150

Height: 5'8"

I know the feeling all to well. Today I ate a yogart for breakfast, a bowl of goolosh for lunch, then I ate some chips, a slice of bologna, and it was then I went bad and ate a ton of orange slices and their 130 calories in only 3 of them! Its usually night when I go off the worst. I also understand the school thing, when I lived in the dorms in Phoenix it was nearly impossible to eat right. I usually ate a ton of cold cans of spagettios lol But when I mess up I work out. You don't have to go to the gym to work out. Try doing some crunches, jumping jacks, you burn 199 calories for every 15 minutes you do crunches. Maybe doing that on the nights you eat bad can help even it out and make you feel much better. Also it definatly helps me sleep better!
violaholladay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:44 PM   #8  

Height: 5'5"

yeah college is tough. i gained about 25 lbs there!

Ok dont worry its ok! maybe try starting off the day with more protien and just more in general? that is said to help prevent over eating later on in the day.

good job for working out though!

good luck!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 10:07 PM   #9  
Always The Funny One

S/C/G: 233/233/165

Height: 5'7"

I gained 45 lbs in college by eating horribly and NOT working out! Now who woulda thunk that would cause someone to gain weight?

You're doing great by keeping yourself concerned with your health.

Don't beat yourself up... just know how you felt when you wanted that waffle and know how you feel since you've eaten it. Ask yourself, is it worth it? If it is- then do it in moderation like once a month! Or have a friend split it with you.

You can't deprive yourself of the good things in life. It's what makes life worth the living!
NattieJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 10:28 PM   #10  
Just Starting Out...

S/C/G: 185/180/145

Height: 5'9.5"

yeah i guess. i've been kind of eating and snacking unconsciously but me and my friends here have decided we're going to make a consistent workout schedule.....
lucky charms for bk
pizza, and mac and cheese for lunch
lasagna and garlic bread for dinner...not much better

i need to get a grip. thanks so much guys for all your words....
Tanisha Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:08 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 239/200/130-140

Height: 5'8.5"

Ugh. I remember college food. Not fondly either. By my senior year though, I was able to keep things in check a little more- even on a college budget.

Where do you go to school? What does your cafeteria offer? Do they have a salad bar with each meal? Sandwich bar? Do they have fresh fruit? What kind of cooking equipment do you have? Microwave? Stove? Etc? Do you live near any discount grocery stores or 99 cent stores?

By my senior year in college, I was actually losing weight. (I'm here now because I got married and that changed the whole ball game) Here's what I did:
I made sure to start off my morning with carbs and protein- my favorite was peanut butter toast with banana and a glass of milk. Cheap and GOOD. If I ate at the caf, I stayed away from the pancakes, etc. and headed for the eggs (protein!) and a banana and a piece of toast. Try swapping the Lucky Charms for something less sugary- like Cheerios or whole wheat.
For lunch and dinner I followed the same rule- always make sure to have some salad first with a little bit of dressing. My school also had a fruit salad bar, so I grabbed some watermelon or cantaloupe as well. When getting food from the bar- just get one scoop of any of the entrees or starchy sides. Most caf scoops end up 1/2-1 cup, which is just about right. Get double scoops of veggies. Go ahead and have the mac and cheese, but try to pass on the pizza. Or have pizza but no mac and cheese.

Try to set specific meal and snack times, so you can avoid doing it mindlessly. For snacks, I highly reccommend fruit, popcorn, veggies, or a little bit of cheese. Fruit can be pretty cheap, especially if it's on sale. Apples are particularly filling. So is popcorn... mm... I heart popcorn.

Mostly- stop being so hard on yourself! Guilt and shame don't cause people to work harder, they trap them in the same bad habits. Remember that one or two slipups do not define you or your weightloss efforts. They're just facts of life that lead to a shoulder shrug and a better try tomorrow.
SouthLake is offline   Reply With Quote