General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-22-2008, 11:17 PM   #1  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Default Heath Ledger found dead

Heath Ledger found dead in NYC at age 28

Crazy! I was just stunned when I heard. I wasn't a 'fan' of his, not like Angie or Gerard, but I thought he was a good actor and seemed like a sweet guy. I feel so sorry for his family, especially his little girl. I cried and that shocked me even more cause I don't know why.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:24 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

I know... terrible. He was a young, promising actor. I was (and still am) looking forward to seeing his "Joker". This made me more sad than I thought it would have...

Last edited by Lovely; 01-22-2008 at 11:27 PM.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:27 PM   #3  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

I wasn't a HUGE fan either, but it still depresses me; him having a 2 year old child and being so young and so talented.

I hate stories like this....prayers to Mr. Ledger's family and friends.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 02:09 AM   #4  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Very sad
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 05:38 AM   #5  
Right track to health!

S/C/G: 150/131/130

Height: 5'3''-5'4''

My heart sank when I heard the news. My prayers go to him and his family. He was so young and a talent.
journey2happiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:19 AM   #6  
Vegan from Planet Vega

Height: 5' 10"

I honestly couldn't believe it when I heard it...

It's a sad story to hear, and the least expected one at that.

His family will be in my thoughts and prayers
THE Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:48 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

This really shocked and saddened me too. I couldn't believe it. He was very talented -- I always imagined he would end up with an Oscar one day. He was nominated (and rightly so) for Brokeback Mountain a few years ago. It's especially sad because he has a little girl.
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:15 AM   #8  
Turning it around...

S/C/G: 215/see slider/145

Height: 5'5

I too was shocked and saddened...especially since it appears to have been accidental. I truly enjoyed everything I saw him in...he will be missed.
Jaelini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:20 PM   #9  

I'm so glad someone started this thread! His death really hit a nerve with me for some reason. Maybe because we're the same age. I absolutely LOVED him in Brokeback Mountain. I haven't seen acting like that in a long time, I was completely engrossed in the story and his character. I first heard the news at the doctor's office on the overhead radio, and I thought they made a mistake or something. It's just so tragic.
lola06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 12:55 AM   #10  
My soul will smile again

Height: 5'5"

It's so sad...
ScorpioSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 02:09 AM   #11  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I was also very shocked and saddened by this tragedy. I really enjoyed his acting in Patriot and Brokeback Mountain and Monsters Ball.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 07:07 AM   #12  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Well, I must be one of the few people who haven't seen Brokeback Mountain, but I have loved him in the films I HAVE seen him in. I have to say that his death struck a chord with me as well, and I couldn't really understand why. Perhaps because of his youth, I'm not sure.

He comes from here and they have been talking on the news about having his memorial service at his old school, which is a beautiful old college with gorgeous grounds. I was feeling really good about this choice (well, it has been offered, but I'm not sure if his family has accepted the offer yet) when I heard another news article about a group of religious people perhaps holding a protest at the memorial service because he 'promoted sin' (by acting as a homosexual in Brokeback Mountain). COME ON!!!!! IT WAS ACTING!!!!! And, no matter what his personal beliefs or whatever were, there is NO reason to spoil what should be a special moment for family and friends to remember and honour him. I truly hope that these other people come to their senses and keep right away from it all.

Zelma
ZedAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:06 AM   #13  
Go Blue Team!!

S/C/G: 286/159/150

Height: 5'6"

ZedAus --- there's a crazy group here in the U.S. that will protest military funerals because the soldiers fought for a country that promotes "sin." I believe that people have a right to say what they think, but I wish that these types of people would have just a modicum of respect for their fellow human beings.

As for Heath Ledger's career, I've also never seen Brokeback Mountain, but I adore 10 Things I Hate About You. The scene where he sings to Julia Stiles from the stadium stands while she's at soccer practice is one of my favorite movie scenes. Also, I'm always amused by A Knight's Tale (although a lot of that has to do with the guy who plays Chaucer).
scgirl32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 03:10 PM   #14  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

I am very sorry for his family and friends. A great loss. He was such a wonderful presence in his movies, and what an emotional range he had! He could pull off such different roles...

The nut-job group that might protest his service is the same one that protests at the military funerals: the Westboro Baptist Church, led by Fred Phelps, in Topeka, Kansas. Based on what I've read, they will only attempt this in the USA, not in Australia; I'm guessing because Australia would never give them a visa to get in.

I support free speech, but I believe what they do qualifies as harassment and hate speech, and they should be kept far away from grieving mourners. If there is a ****, I think they've earned some very warm seats.

Very sorry for his family, and ex and baby girl. He will be missed.
BerkshireGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 03:30 PM   #15  

I hope his closest family and friends are dealing with it as best they can...he was a great actor no matter wat his outcome was.
TimesOnMySide is offline   Reply With Quote