Exercise! - How do I start a jogging program?

View Full Version : How do I start a jogging program?

taben07
01-22-2008, 04:14 PM
I feel I would be considered an intermediate level exerciser and have been for 10 years off an on. My shape is a pear shape and I was just told today that for me to lose in the hips and legs, to start jogging. I have a treadmill at home but I cannot jog for a long amount of time and on the other hand, I DON'T LIKE IT! LOL

What can you suggest? How long should I run/walk? Do I go for time like 30 min. or the miles? Do I start for one mile? How do I begin? Maybe I should try this and leave all my Firm and other tapes alone?????

HELP!:?:

HeatherAngel
01-22-2008, 05:07 PM
Google the Couch to 5K programme - it changed my life!! It is also worth bearing in mind that walking on your treadmill (at 3.5 or 4mph) and at an incline of 6 or more will give you a heck of a workout touching actually running :)

Join us on the Cool Runners thread - we'd love to see you there!

Heather :D

Ilene
01-22-2008, 06:51 PM
Hi Taben :wave: and :welcome: to 3FC...

As Heather recommended start with the Couch to 5k program... Also if you don't like the dreadmill, as I call it, to jog try going outside with an some music, the time flies by a heck of a LOT faster than watching the timer on the dreadmill :tread:

amy180
01-22-2008, 09:25 PM
Do I start for one mile? How do I begin?
I'd recommend starting slowly with some walking before and after. I started too fast a year or two ago after not jogging for a while, and ended up with bad tendonitis in both ankles. That was **** and I couldn't do much of anything for a while. I will say that I was a pear shape and I lost 40 pounds jogging, and my pants size went down a few sizes.

MariaMaria
01-23-2008, 05:51 AM
Running is great exercise, but nothing spot reduces.