Atkins - Attention Atkins Veterans - Induction Carb Allowance Question

sylvia78
01-22-2008, 01:33 AM
I need some clarification.

The book says that during induction you are only supposed to eat 20 grams of carbs. Is that net grams or total grams including fiber?

If I do not eat any "special catergory" foods, i.e. olives, avocado, cheese, lemon juices, can I eat more salad to get to 20 grams?

broadabroad
01-22-2008, 05:16 AM
Excellent question!

I await the answer with interest. I've been assuming that it's all the carbs you eat, regardless off how fiber might counterbalance said grams - but I don't know.

Joanne
01-22-2008, 09:59 AM
That's after the fiber has been removed... So any carb product you eat minus the fiber first. For instance if something is 10 grams of carbs and 2 grams of fiber then count the 8 grams not the 10..
.. If you are using Atkins products the fiber is already taken out of the carb count so their carb counts are net carb..
Cant believe I've been a member since 1999 and this is my first post..LOL

Ruthxxx
01-22-2008, 10:08 AM
Gee whiz, Joanne! First post after so long? Look at mine. :rofl:

The carb/net carb thing IS confusing so your post gives good info. I see you have a good weightloss though. Was it all low carb?

sylvia78
01-27-2008, 01:15 PM
thanks and yes, all the weight loss was through low carb. I started the low carb program again last May14th. I lost 40 pounds then. I fell off the wagon from October through December and gained 15 back. Now I'm back on the program and I take one day at a time.