Old 01-21-2008, 09:55 PM   #1  
focused and aiming

Default Feeling Great and traveling in 08.

I know. I know. How corny can I get?

Just thought I'd start a thread to track miles traveled. Join in if you'd like. Let's have a fun trip.

Of course, my trip is actually on my and and possibly just from walking outdoors. I'm not really going anywhere. (But don't tell anybody)

Last edited by ontarget; 01-21-2008 at 10:29 PM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:32 PM   #2  
focused and aiming

[QUOTE=ontarget;2012315]I decided to get on I-35W and head south instead of north. It's warmer south.

So, today I 6 miles.
I got on I-35W @ Exit 21.
I ended my journey @ Exit 15.

Exit 15 is the exit to my hometown, Grandview, TX. It's also the exit for the Beaumont Ranch.

Rhonda knows all about the Beaumont. I have been there a few times but have never spent the night. Here's info on it:

"Beaumont Ranch is an 800 acre working cattle ranch, specializing in corporate and private client entertainment, with a herd of Texas longhorns, horses, two 20,000 sq. ft. event barns, a Bed & Breakfast and cowboys. The location is central to Austin, Houston, Dallas and Fort Worth, and is the perfect meeting spot."

Tomorrow I'll continue my trip south.

Last edited by ontarget; 01-29-2008 at 03:08 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:32 PM   #3  
focused and aiming

(I accidentally typed that post in as a quote. Lucy moment.)
Old 01-22-2008, 05:35 PM   #4  
focused and aiming

I'm going to keep on logging mileage here. If anyone wants to join me, hop on in.

So far today I have 3 miles on the That gets me to mile marker 12. I'm going to more in a few minutes.

Many minutes have passed and 3 miles was it for me today. I am just south of Grandview resting at Exit 12. Not much at this exit. My notes say, "No services."

Wonder how far I'll get tomorrow.

Total so far: 9 miles.

Last edited by ontarget; 01-22-2008 at 11:41 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:52 PM   #5  
Donna

Hi Sandra I'll join in again, the quotes not too corny

I went mall walking yesterday and put in 2.25 miles, today I'm planning on riding my bike on the trainer. Not sure how I'll count miles, but I know I was averaging 15 miles an hour last summer so I guess I'll take 5 miles for every 20 minutes. We'll see how I do.

I'm going to head to Mammoth Cave, KY, at 450 miles away it may take me all summer to get there, but hopefully I'll make it.

So at 2.25 miles I'm on US-24 headed for I-75 S. Not much to see (of course I live here).

I'll check back later after I've ridden.

-Tech
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 05:10 PM   #6  
focused and aiming

Donna, I'm glad you're traveling. I love reading about your adventures whether they be real or cyber. Mammoth Cave sounds like a good place to go. I'll be looking forward to reading your posts and seeing your photos.

I have already done 7 miles today and am now at mile marker 5. Just passed some picnic tables at Exit 7.

So far I have traveled: 16 miles
Old 01-23-2008, 08:40 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

I traveled 10 more miles this afternoon while watching "Ratatouille." I am now just south of the I-35W and I-35E connection at Hillsboro, TX. I am at Exit 368. There are numerous restaurants, an outlet mall, and Hill Junior College. I attended here back in 1965-1966 before transferring to a four year university. One of my professors, Colonel Harold Simpson began a museum honoring Audie Murphy.

"overview : On the Hill College campus you will find the world-renowned Texas Heritage Museum dealing with Texans during wartime. Galleries now open - Civil War Gallery, Audie Murphy WWII Military Gallery and Weapons Gallery. The Research Center offers an extensive collection of military art, Confederate artillery pieces, Confederate flags, weaponry library, uniforms and more. The facility is also home to a vast genealogical department both Confederate and Union."

Last edited by ontarget; 01-23-2008 at 08:45 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:42 PM   #8  
focused and aiming

I have now traveled 26 miles. I have 368 more miles to go to get to Laredo and the Mexican border.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:24 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hey, Donna joined in....well, I'm not travelling anywhere, but I put some miles on doing floor exercises!

Did you stop to do any shopping at the outlet mall, Sandra?
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 07:50 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

I was too tired from pedaling, Rhonda.

I did 3 miles today. Now I am just south of Hillsboro @ mile marker 365. Nothing to report.

29 miles so far this week.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:02 PM   #11  
focused and aiming

I am now at Exit 359. I 6 more miles today. Not much here but a gas station and Subway. Hmmmmmm. Makes me hungry.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:12 PM   #12  
focused and aiming

I'm still at Exit 359. I didn't add any miles at all today.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:20 PM   #13  
Donna

Hi Sandra,

Sorry I haven't been on in a couple of days.

Wed I road my bike on the trainer for 20 min which by my calculations should be about 5 miles. Thursday I went to the gym and swam laps for a half hour I didn't count, but I'm estimating that at about 1 mile. Unfortunately I was a bum Fri, Sat, and today but I will get moving again tomorrow.

That brings me to a grand total of 8.25 miles and puts me on the on ramp to I-75 south. At least I've made it to the expressway

29 miles you're doing great.

-Tech
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 07:26 PM   #14  
focused and aiming

Donna, I'm glad you're to the ramp now. Don't brag on me too much. I didn't do any today. I'm still stuck at Exit 359. If I can get 1 more mile in, I'll be at Willie Nelson's hometown (Abbott). Tomorrow I'll fly by there and be on my way again.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:05 PM   #15  
focused and aiming

I hope I'm getting addicted to Last night I 8 more miles.

So, I passed Exit 358 and Abbott, TX.
Abbott is the birthplace of Willie Nelson.

"Nelson was born and raised in Abbott, Texas, the son of Myrle and Ira D. Nelson, who was a mechanic and pool hall owner.[1] His grandparents William Alfred Nelson and Nancy Elizabeth Smothers gave him mail-order music lessons starting at age six. Willie played the guitar, while his sister Bobbie played the piano. He met Bud Fletcher, a fiddler, and two siblings joined his band, Bohemian Fiddlers, while Nelson was in high school."

After I passed Abbott, I for 7 more miles to Exit 351. I'm at West, TX.

"Czech Heritage Capital of Texas"
"...home of the official Kolache of the Texas Legislature"
"...home of Scott Podsednik of the Chicago White Sox"
"...home of Westfest!"

Vickie, I'll bet you know all about Scott Podsednik.

So now I have done 34 miles total. I have 351 more to go to get to the US/Mexico border. Life is good.

I'll do more tonight.

Last edited by ontarget; 01-29-2008 at 03:09 PM.