Lighten Up! Feeling a little stressed out over your diet? This forum is for you! Laugh a little, relax, and take a load off!

Old 01-21-2008, 09:22 PM   #1  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Default Taser Testing p.s. don't try this at home!!

A guy who purchased his wife a pocket Taser for their anniversary submitted this.

Last weekend I saw something at Larry's Pistol & Pawn Shop that sparked my interest. The occasion was our 15th anniversary and I was looking for a little something extra for my wife Julie. What I came across was a 100,000-volt, pocket/purse-sized taser. The effects of the taser were supposed to be short lived, with no long-term adverse affect on your assailant, allowing her adequate time to retreat to safety....??

WAY TOO COOL! Long story short, I bought the device and brought it home.

I loaded two triple-a batteries in the darn thing and pushed the button. Nothing! I was disappointed. I learned, however, that if I pushed the button AND pressed it against a metal surface at the same time; I'd get the blue arch of electricity darting back and forth between the prongs.??

AWESOME!!!?

Unfortunately, I have yet to explain to Julie what that burn spot is on the face of her microwave.??

Okay, so I was home alone with this new toy, thinking to myself that it couldn't be all that bad with only two triple-A batteries, right?! !??

There I sat in my recliner, my cat Gracie looking on intently (trusting little soul) while I was reading the directions and thinking that I really needed to try this thing out on a flesh & blood moving target.

I must admit I thought about zapping Gracie (for a fraction of a second) and thought better of it. She is such a sweet cat. But, if I was going to give this thing to my wife to protect herself against a mugger, I did want some assurance that it would work as advertised. Am I wrong???

So, there I sat in a pair of shorts and a tank top with my reading glasses perched delicately on the bridge of my nose, directions in one hand, and taser in another.

The directions said that a one-second burst would shock and disorient your assailant; a two-second burst was supposed to cause muscle spasms and a major loss of bodily control; a three-second burst would purportedly make your assailant flop on the ground like a fish out of water. Any burst longer than three seconds would be wasting the batteries.? ? All the while I'm looking at this little device measuring about 5" long, less than 3/4 inch in circumference; pretty cute really and (loaded with two itsy, bitsy triple-A batteries) thinking to myself, "no possible way!"??

What happened next is almost beyond description, but I'll do my best...? ? I'm sitting there alone, Gracie looking on with her head cocked to one side as to say, "don't do it master," reasoning that a one- second burst from such a tiny little ole thing couldn't hurt all that bad. I decided to give myself a one-second burst just for heck of it. I touched the prongs to my naked thigh, pushed the button,?and??

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD, WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION!!!??

I'm pretty sure Jessie Ventura ran in through the side door, picked me up in the recliner , then body slammed us both on the carpet, over and over and over again.

I vaguely recall waking up on my side in the fetal position, with tears in my eyes, body soaking wet, both nipples on fire, testicles nowhere to be found, with my left arm tucked under my body in the oddest position, and tingling in my legs?

The cat was standing over me making meowing sounds I had never heard before, licking my face, undoubtedly thinking to herself, "Do it again, stupid, do it again!"??

Note: If you ever feel compelled to "mug" yourself with a taser, one note of caution: there is no such thing as a one-second burst when you zap yourself!

You will not let go of that thing until it is dislodged from your hand by a violent thrashing about on the floor.

A three-second burst would be considered conservative??

SON-OF-A-... That hurt like **% !!! A minute or so later (I can't be sure, as time was a relative thing at that point), I collected my wits (what little I had left), sat up and surveyed the landscape. My bent reading glasses were on the mantel of the fireplace. How did they get up there??? My triceps, right thigh and both nipples were still twitching. My face felt like it had been shot up with Novocain, and my bottom lip weighed 88 lbs. I'm still looking for my testicles! I'm offering a significant reward for their safe return!! Still in shock!!

P. S. My wife loved the gift, and now regularly threatens me with it!?

"If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid."
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:44 PM   #2  
Turning it around...

S/C/G: 215/see slider/145

Height: 5'5

ROFL...when I first looked at the thread, I thought it said "TASTE" testing....and I'm not even hungry! LOL!
Jaelini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 168.5/167.5/140

Height: 5' 1"

LOL! I know I when I got shot with one of those things for work I cringed for two months just hearing the sound of it being turned on. Took me even longer before I was able to carry it without worrying about shooting myself. And ours isn't run on triple-a batteries.
Dawnslight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 229/205/149

Height: 5'7

My husband wants one of these, I oughta tell him to try this. Hmm...
mandajuned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:10 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 307.2/249.4/150.0

Height: 5 feet 4

Forgive me for being a wet blanket, but I don't think my mom (an awful hand-wringer) would be laughing @ this story right now, we just had a case (Twin Cities 'burbs) where an apparently healthy young man died after being tased at a traffic stop and it's all over the news
ANOther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 12:01 AM   #6  
Smartypants

"thinks about all the things I could do with that taser....then decides nahhhh: LOL too funny!
txangelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 03:38 AM   #7  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

I have a taser but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The noise is a little irritating at first but after you get used to it....you kinda have to stop yourself from playing with it....at least I do.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 07:01 PM   #8  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

lmao thatn is just too funny .. typical male thing to do lol...
amouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 02:27 AM   #9  

Karma27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:23 AM   #10  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANOther View Post
Forgive me for being a wet blanket, but I don't think my mom (an awful hand-wringer) would be laughing @ this story right now, we just had a case (Twin Cities 'burbs) where an apparently healthy young man died after being tased at a traffic stop and it's all over the news
I can understand - I'm sorry if I offended you. I think this story is more about how silly men can be more than the taser itself.
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 11:02 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 307.2/249.4/150.0

Height: 5 feet 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaralynn View Post
I can understand - I'm sorry if I offended you. I think this story is more about how silly men can be more than the taser itself.
I wasn't *offended*, and under any other circumstances I'd have been . It's just that the amount of press given to the story sort of cast a pall on any humor about tasers around here. Here's a link: http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j...osBOgD8U7VKB03
ANOther is offline   Reply With Quote