LA Weight Loss - January 21-27 Friends and Losers Thread

JerseyMadchen
01-21-2008, 09:06 AM
Good Morning Guys! I expected 3-4 pages to read by now! I guess many are off because of the holiday.

Well, I had a shaky weekend but am back POP today!

Have a great POP week!

Katy66
01-21-2008, 09:29 AM
Good morning Amy and any other lurkers who are out there. Unfortunately working in healthcare we don't get very many holidays so I'm here and going strong. I had a pretty good weekend for a change with staying on plan ... I did partake of some liquid fruit but also got all my water in which is unusual for me over the weekend. Getting the H2O in today will be hard it is about 12 degrees here.

I tried one of Deb's recipes (beef tips in the slow cooker) yesterday and they were yummy!!!!

Condolances to all you Packer fans out there. It was a great game though! I'm sure hoping the Giants can take New England....I'm just about tired of watching them win the SuperBowl.

Well better get some work done....have a great day!

KrispieD
01-21-2008, 09:31 AM
Morning All
What holiday?? Are you getting a long weekend south of here?
Hope you all had a good weekend. I am in mourning after the Packers game so will be pouting all day at work! But did go out to watch the game and was planning to enjoy my Sunday but stuck with only 1 coors lite and a spinach salad no bacon. The gym and being POP this week gave me a nice 4 lb loss on the scale and I plan to keep moving that ticker this week. Really enjoying the gym and hope to see some things tightening up soon. Now if I can just handle the mental anguish when the scale starts to move up or stick when I start builing muscles.. dang sclae!!
Remember in the words of Nicole.. HEY NOW YOU"RE A POP STAR....

Debbie24
01-21-2008, 09:53 AM
Morning everyone.

Well the scale wasnt too nice today even tho i didnt gain i only lost .2lb and thats with being POP all week. I did have pizza on saturday and i didnt get enough water in during the weekend so i guess i'm holding on to some water weight. I hope next monday weigh in makes up for this, i'm going to be so diappointed if it doesnt. Its so hard to drink water when its cold. I gotta push myself today so i can get back to losing. DH has lost 10lbs in 3 weeks, i'm so proud of him. For a person who has never been on a diet, he's doing pretty well.

Kristen - Its Martin Luther King day here in the US.

Hope everyone has a POP day!!

JerseyMadchen
01-21-2008, 10:01 AM
I have to say I am DEFINITELY not a GIants fan as I am an Eagles fan, but I did find myself cheering htem on yesterday. They lost to GB a few weeks ago by a fieldgoal, so I am thinking they can take them!

Angie
01-21-2008, 10:49 AM
Good morning Amy! We don't have a holiday here today, so it's a regular old Monday.

I just remembered though, that this week and next are Winterlicious here in Toronto. Every winter for 2 weeks the local restaurants (the really nice ones) have a fixed price menu to attract more/new business. Basically we can eat for $35 per person at the finest restaurants in town. So, this morning I'm busy setting up lunch and dinner dates for the next two weeks. Of course, I'll have to find a way to plan my other meals around them, but I think that's managable if I do it in advance.

Morning Katy -- I need to pull out the recipe book and find some stuff to make too. I tend to go with a lot of quick and easy stuff, and I get bored of it. I actually printed that mammoth cookbook, so I'll page thru while on my conference call this morning.

Kristen -- Sorry about the packers, but I'm thrilled to hear about your 4lb loss! I was down 5, but I'm retaining a bit of water now, so only showing 3. hmph. I'm going to go suck on a lemon...

Debbie -- Nasty scale! You are probably retaining some water or something too...try some lemons in your water today, maybe it will help.

Don't forget to weigh in for TBL if you are in the challenge, today is the deadline.

Katy66
01-21-2008, 10:53 AM
I'm not a big Giants fan either. I would have preferred that GB win last night but it was a fun game to watch. As far as the Superbowl, I always seem to cheer for the underdog:) It was nice to see Eli showing his big brother up for a change.

So far so good at being on plan and I've even got 2 waters in as cold as it is:)

Katy66
01-21-2008, 10:56 AM
Angie - I'm like you, I tend to go for the quickest and easiest:) The beef tips were certainly easy....just threw it all in the slow cooker. I've not printed the whole recipe book yet, just haven't had the time that I can tie up the printer. I just found a few things and do a copy paste, then printed.

JLem311
01-21-2008, 11:51 AM
hey everyone. it's snowing and really icky out today. i had an eye appt early this morning and the roads were pretty bad. saw one major accident.
still holding out at 199. haven't really moved down yet.
i have the day off and then work the rest of the week @ 5am.
hope everyone had a nice weekend. gonna go and workout and do a bit of cleaning.

Katy66
01-21-2008, 12:00 PM
Hey Jillian, good to hear from you! Isn't the weather just bad everywhere? Cold and/or snowy.... I'm so ready for spring!

Had a minute to catch up on some posts from last week and see that I missed LYNN's big news. Congratulations on reaching your goal! That is awesome and very inspiring!

Well better run again. I'll check back in later.

Debbie24
01-21-2008, 12:06 PM
Angie congrats on the loss, dont you just hate the water weight? I dont want to do lemon water because i'm breatfeeding and i dont want to get rid of too much when my body may need it so i'm trying to let everything including water come off on its own. Just a waiting game for me. I'm crossing my fingers that next week i'm down more. Winterlicious sounds fun and yummy. Hope you have a good time.

Joni135
01-21-2008, 12:56 PM
Howdy - I'm back from visiting dear MIL in Memphis. She's still in the hospital, so it was hospital food and misc eating all weekend. My home scale says I stayed the same, but I feel big. Exercise is on order for sure this week. I so want to be a POP Star!

Congrats Kristen on your great loss and gym schedule. I do feel badly about your Packers, but there is always next year!

Jillian - another new picture. I like how you switch it up.

Where's Lynn....I hear she made goal!!!

Debbie, Katy, Angie, Jersey - have a great rest of the day.

Mama Nicole
01-21-2008, 12:59 PM
Good morning........I think........everyone :)

Kristin........was that game a heart breaker or WHAT????? I just wanted to cry. Fanny Mae and her darn mint melt-a-ways accompanied me to the game...........so I didn't show any loss this week......but thanks for reminding me that we are all POPstars!!! I will be good......I will be good :)

Katy...........WTG staying OP all weekend. It only gets easier if you make it through the weekend :)

Ok, I have to run.........but congrats to everyone who had a loss, and stay strong everyone........WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!
XOXO

Mama Nicole
01-21-2008, 12:59 PM
posting at the same time as you, Joni..............:) :wave:
XOXO

Katy66
01-21-2008, 01:02 PM
Hey Joni! I know your trip to Memphis was not for fun but gosh hearing you were there made me think of one great long weekend I spent there. Much younger then and Beale St was one huge party:) Have to say I was not impressed by Rendevous Ribs like everyone said I would be. There were some other great rib places but that one just didn't do it for me.

I'm glad you are able to spend some time with you MIL. I'm sure it means a lot to her having you there.

Katy66
01-21-2008, 01:04 PM
Nicole - sorry about the game and no loss!:) Hang in there!

BarbaraB
01-21-2008, 02:16 PM
Hi All, I did better this weekend sticking on plan than I have in a long time. Having my DH doing it with me for awhile has been great. I think he wants to lose all of 2 more pounds, so this will not last for long.

Today is sunny! Which is unsual in Western Oregon in the winter to say the least. Cold though. Just makes you smile after a couple of months of gray skies.

I managed to wake up and go to spin class today and Saturday, so I'm feeling better. My body actually was so happy to be back active after having to take a break. Although, I was wiped out Saturday after doing the spin class and then going to Costco and dragging all the food back home and put away.I got a lot of good fruit and veggies and lots of very lean protein choices, so we just can't go out, we have to stay in and eat it.

Nicole, sorry about your Brett and the packers. I was mildly pleased to see Eli Manning do good, but rather would have seen the packers win. Boring for most of the country when it is all east coast teams.

My company does not give many holidays, just the bare minimum, so today is a work day for me. We don't get a holiday until Memorial Day which is the end of May.

zambejaly5
01-21-2008, 03:05 PM
:carrot::cb:Woohoo!!!!:encore::broc: I was down 3.8 this morning, for the week. which makes 8.8 since Jan 1!!!

I did 45 min on the treadmill :tread: yesterday. and am about to go hit it again.

I have been very POP for many days now. but today I had to go to lunch with work and we had Mexican.... chips and all. So it is yogurt and a smoothie for supper and water water water!!

Here's to a great week!

aguerin
01-21-2008, 03:46 PM
O.k. o.k. I know you have heard it before, but..... I was sick this weekend and just said to heck with POP. I even had a Cheese Burger All the Way Friday Night. WHoo Hooo.,I needed some comfort food. But now its time to get re-focused and try to to get temptation out of my home. My sons birthday is over so no more excuses.

Going to the Grocery Store today to stock up on greens and stuff. They are harder to find in the winter. Which is another excuse to be off plan. Anyway. Starting a-fresh this week.

Angie
01-21-2008, 03:53 PM
Barbara – I’m glad the sun is shining and that you’ve found renewed energy for spin class!

Lettie – Awesome loss for you! Way to go!

Amy – Glad you are feeling better. Cheeseburgers are okay, but you can’t eat anything but veggies and fruit for the rest of the day!

SlimmingDown
01-21-2008, 04:07 PM
Good afternoon! :wave:

I have decided that I need more support than my COD has been providing and am SO happy that I found this group!

I am Jill and started LAWL in early November. Throughout the holidays it was hard to stay POP and I have not lost a pound :moo:

Hopefully posting here often and seeing all of your results I'll get the strength to stay with the program.

Here are my challenges... going to COD (it's been almost 2 weeks), eating my lites, beer. Any advice on those issues would be great!

amylou7777
01-21-2008, 04:16 PM
Hello everyone! I'm still catching up from last weeks posts but wanted to say hello to all of you!

I had a great weekend with my girlfriends who came to visit. We got to chat and hang out and go wine tasting in Napa-it was so nice to relax and catch up with old friends. I stayed pretty OP (a little over on the liquid fruits) but definitely not POP. I'm doing great today and am ready to see a loss!

I'm fortunate enough to have MLK off, although I do have a meeting this evening which is kind of a bummer!

I really need to exercise but can't get the motivation today...feeling sluggish so I'll try to get a DVD in this evening.

Happy Monday everyone!

lizababe
01-21-2008, 04:23 PM
HI Everyone!!!

Well I had a mostly POP weekend. There was a lot of POOP too. Not on the diet but one of the pets so my exercise was in the form of steam cleaning the house.

Are CODs open today? (MLK Jr. Day) I'm wondering if I can run in before work and pick up some lites. I have no desire to look at sclae unless the hot lemon water did the trick this morning.

It's raining here so no running around with the doggie tonight but I'm going to make a point to attack the elliptical during the music hour tonight when I have a nice half hour long break between reports. I have to plan everything that closely....

Welcome Jill/Goddess! Only thing I think I can advise on is the lites. I like mine with my cup of coffee in the morning and then I have the other one in the late afternoon when I'm feeling the need for a sugar rush. It's mental I know.

equinetcan
01-21-2008, 05:13 PM
Happy Monday!!

It is mighty cold up here right now. With the wind chill it was -33C this morning and is supposed to be again tonight. Hopefully it will only last a week or so and then break again for at least a couple of days. This is normal for january/february but I still hate it cause you really can't do much outdoors.

I had a good weekend. I made chicken chili yesterday in the slowcooker and it was yummy. I shouldn't really saw "was" because I will be eating it for a couple of days and still likely freeze a container or two as well. I am just trying to decide if I want to have that for supper or make myself something else tonight. That's why I thought I'd drop in here while I was deciding...

Have a good evening everyone!!!

Repo girl
01-21-2008, 05:38 PM
Hi everyone!

Liza- Ewww, sorry you had a sick doggie. We pulled out all of our carpet and went to hardwood a few years ago. It has been a lifesaver with all of our dogs.

Amy- I am so jealous. I really want to come to the Napa Valley on vacation.

Jill- Welcome! This program really does work, maybe we can help you start losing. What plan are you on?

Lettie- Whohoooo! What a great loss!

BarbaraB
01-21-2008, 05:42 PM
Liza, Sorry to hear about the poop. I have a dog (an old dog) and I can relate. Just this morning (for reasons no one really wants to hear about in detail) my DH and I were saying we are definitely replacing the family room carpet as soon as the sweet dog is gone. He is already fairly blind, almost totally deaf, getting senile and occasionally goes lame for a day or so... plus he has some sort of a perpetual lung infection so he coughs and sneezes all the time (it is like having a 2 year old with a cold, as he needs his nose wiped but does not want you to wipe it, only he never gets better). So I anticipate getting new carpet soon... but I will miss him dearly or I would not be putting up with his ailments now. I doubt there is much in my house that has not been sneezed on.

Jill, I never have any problem eating anything (hence the need for the weight loss program). You just need to figure out when you tend to get hungry or really crave something sweet and use the LA Lite then. Beer is easy, don't drink it... OK maybe not that easy. I do have the occasional light beer. Remember you only are supposed to have 3 alcoholic drinks per week, so if you keep to that guideline, even if you do drink the occasional beer, you should be able to take off the pounds. At least you did not gain over the holidays! That is something. If you are sticking to the plan and not losing, perhaps you need to go down a plan to lose. Bite the bullet, go into the COD and get them to help you. You paid them to help you lose. Which plan are you on?

Amylou, did you switch to Blue? How do you like it?

Dixie Amy (so many Amy's on here), I tend to be at my worst when I don't feel well. I think after struggling to get my weight back down multiple times (as you know there are more days in a year where you have some reason to feel unwell than one would think that there are) I have decided to be a bit better even when I'm not feeling good.

Lettie, What a great loss! I'm glad that NS is working for you. You are doing great! I'm glad that you are doing your exercise too.

Tuesday, I don't know if it was on this thread, but you said you were having fewer aches and pains, and I have to say, me too!
I used to snore, but don't anymore. So I sleep so much better (so does my DH) so we are both more cheerful people now. Less tired. There was a point where if I wore any shoes that were not orthopedically sound, I would have horrible foot pain. Today I'm wearing boots with heels. It is a small thing, and yet it makes me feel so good to do that. If you would have asked me when I was much heavier if it was impacting me, I would have said not really, but now that I've lived for awhile at the lower weight, I have to say most definitely it was not just having to buy a bigger sized pants. Doctors are even more pleasant to me now... I noticed that the other day, no more tsk tsking...

JerseyMadchen
01-21-2008, 05:44 PM
Welcome Jill!

We have the same starting weight, good luck to both of us!

I agree with Liza about the lites, I love them with a cup of hot tea or coffee. They seem to fill me up for the time being! Depending on what kind you have, my personal favorite is Caramel Crunch, you can nuke them for about 25 seconds in the microwave and the are heavenly...

The beer. Well, I used to drink a lot but have backed off now, not on purpose, just generally not interested. It's in the book (I think differs slightly between colored plans and numbered) with it's countings, but I would limit it if I were you. I used to laugh to myself too that I would prefer a piece of bread to a beer!

Good luck!

Have a great evening guys, I am off to get ready for the first day of classes tomorrow. Yuck.

slim n trim
01-21-2008, 06:32 PM
Hello to all my 3fc friends. - Its been so long since i have checked in here, I almost feel like I need to reintroduce myself. Hope all is well with everyone.
I come to confess my sins. I am having a tough time trying to kick start myself into gear, and get things going again after the holidays. I have lots of excuses, and not a lot of motivation right now - its so cold out, I can't get outside and walk and I am getting bored with my treadmill.

Things have been a little crazy around here lately, and that doesn't help any. Oh well, I promise, am going to get on track and lose another 5 lbs, maybe even 10..... that shouldn't be to hard. Dang scale anyway.

Congrats to all of you who are moving in the right direction, and staying OP.
Welcome to all the new comers. This really is a great place.

See, I already feel a little more inspired just by checking in. You girls are good! You to Dan.

Dan2112
01-21-2008, 07:10 PM
Hey gang... Hope you all had a great day.. I had the day off for MLK day and spent the day hanging with the kids.. It was not a decidedly POP day and I think part of that is in anticipation for my training diet for this triathelon I'm going to do in May... The diet will probably be restrictive, so I'm getting the cheats out of my system (and out of the house) right now...

Anyway, we're off to Taekwon Do.. See you all tomorow!

michie
01-21-2008, 07:17 PM
Let's just not talk about my WI today... yeah??? I was way up and I know why! My stinking DBF made me eat like a piggie this weekend. He kept saying "It's my birthday weekend, you can have some!" His birthday was Thursday, so we celebrated the entire weekend. And then there was the CHARGERS game! I had ONE liquid fruit and ONE liquid starch... and chicken wings! Lol! Needless to say, I worked out for 2 hours this morning! And if someone could just plan and prepare all of my food for the week, that would be great! I think I'm going to TO this week... I need to get on track in a big way!

So happy for all of you that have lost! You are my inspiration this week!!! Keep it up and stay POP!

lizababe
01-21-2008, 08:03 PM
Hey Michie - must be a Mission Valley thing because I wasn't down either :-( I'm a little frustrated with how the WI went today for several reason but will go in when I have more time on Wed to explain the reaction my body is having to the starch. In the meantime, I've been attacking the elliptical at work for 10 min once an hour when I have a nice window of time inbetween traffic reports. Feels pretty good!!!

The sick pets... I just don't know. Buster has another 24 hours till I'll take him to the vet. He used to get this with commercial dog food and then didn't have any problem once I started cooking for him. I'm wondering if he's getting into the cat's friskies when I'm not looking. Since his diet is already brown rice, meat and veggies I am omitting the veggies and adding 1% cottage cheese with activia in it. In fact, he may get that and scrambled eggs for dinner. See if that helps get things back to normal.

Now I have top plan my dog's meals too. lol

Hi Karen it's nice to see you again!

Hi Angie! Amy Lou! Dixie Amy (man a cheeseburger sounds good!) Dan, Liz, Joni (I don't think I've seen you today) Jillian, Kim, Nicole, Pearl, Alannah and everyone else I'm missing!

Angie
01-21-2008, 09:42 PM
Jill -- Welcome! For getting yourself to go to the COD I'd say, just remind yourself that you paid for a service, and when you don't go, you are not getting what you paid for. Even if you've strayed off plan, I'd go, they will give you strategies and advice, and keep you accountable. You don't have to do the lites, if you don't like them, just tell the COD they they are making you sick. As for beer, I don't know, I guess it depends how much you want to fit in! It can be done, but I think most here will tell you that you can't allow much beer and still see good losses. Good luck!

Amylou -- Welcome back! I'm glad you had fun with your girlfriends.

Liza -- What happened when you asked your COD about changing plans? Have you moved down a plan yet?

Karen -- Welcome back!

Michie -- Sorry to hear you gained back a few. Tsk tsk on your bf for tempting you like that! Don't fall for that one again...lol.

bradleys mom
01-21-2008, 09:46 PM
Hi gals! (And guys) I have been MIA (kinda) for a while! I had a terrible head cold over the weekend, which made me wanna be BAD! DH took me out to eat and I cheated OH SO bad! I had a country fried steak (gasp!), with eggs, breakfast potatoes and 3 pancakes (triple gasp!). So I am expecting the scale to jump in the next couple of days (DH gave it back! :)) I veered off track a little today as well, but I am committing to a POP week! I have to make sure to be down 2 lbs for the next Kmart weigh in! I got a 25 min workout in, but I pooped out, did my stretches then came to the computer!

I will be back on tomorrow to try to catch up. I need sleep!

Repo girl
01-21-2008, 10:15 PM
Kimberly- No matter what you have done, don't ever "expect" a gain! Expect a loss!

lizababe
01-21-2008, 10:29 PM
Angie - It was blamed on the 8 oz of 1% cottage cheese I have in the morning. I just don't think that's it and I'm open to hearing things but when I wake up in the morning painfully bloated and can't get my jeans around my belly because of the bloat, I'm guessing it wasn't the cottage cheese I had the morning before, especially since it has that activia stuff in it that is supposed to stop that. And... the bloating goes down after I eat that for breakfast. Like I said, I'll make sure to go in earlier on Wednesday so I can make sure to really explain what is going on. This is a starch reaction and I've had it in the past. I was a little upset over her looking at ONE item only on all of those pages and then telling me I'm making bad food choices when it's on the recommended menu. Especially since I'm limited so much in the "Express" and there really aren't many choices. Again, we'll see on Wednesday if I can get a more patient conversation. I was running late today so I had to rush out. She did suggest substituting one of the starches with a vegetable. Even though I'm getting pretty tired of the veggies, I'm going to try that and see if it works. I know the elliptical should help with the weight loss but the bloating is another story! And this is probably TMI but it's so odd since I started this plan when I wake up in the morning and open my mouth... I burp. It's not intentional it just flies right out! That is so strange and has never happened to me before. Thank goodness only Buster is there to witness it!

Kimberly - if there was ever a good time for your DH to take that sclae away, now is it!!!! Don't weigh yourself after that meal! Give yourself a couple of days of recovery so you can take the damage back! lol! It sure sounds good though....

Off to make our dinner. Just a turkey burger patty for me and some veggies on the side.

Angie
01-21-2008, 11:05 PM
Sounds frustrating Liza. What kind of starches do you normally eat? I pretty much stick to bread, crackers, sometimes rice or potatoes. Recently though I've been trying to have a veggie-type starch as one of mine...like peas or corn...I can't think of any others right now. They are things that count as starches, but it seems unfair..lol. I sometimes find rice/potatoes/pasta slow me down though, so I'll try to sub one of those things instead.

lizababe
01-21-2008, 11:16 PM
I have been doing whole grain starches and maybe it's just too much. I'm having a veggie starch tonight with dinner to see if that helps. I know the counselors are there to help and willing to adjust things so I'm sure it will go better when I get back on Wednesday. I think the frustration was just an ongoing thing today that started early this morning when I got to work. At least I felt better after working it out on the elliptical :)

dolphn545
01-22-2008, 06:28 AM
Good Morning Everybody! :wave:

Just a quick check in to see how everybody is doing! Congrats to all the WL losers out there!

I hopped on the scale this a.m., and am maintaining my weight. I guess I should feel happy about that because TOM's here for a visit. I did cheat a bit yesterday (candy bar) and the day before (zingers). My cravings have definitely gotten better though if I do say so myself. Before I would crave chocolate like it's going out of style for the whole week beforehand. At least this time it was just for a couple days.
(sorry Dan, I'm sure that is not your fav subject to read about on these boards)

Anyhow ...

I, like Michie, needs to see a loss for K-Mart's WI by this Saturday. So I will have to haul butt and really watch what I eat for the next few days.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I will ask again anyways ...
Does anybody here use ALLI? I have mixed feelings about it.
Since my COD has closed, I've been looking at (and combining) numerous diets.

Hope everyone has a great POP day today.

Catway8
01-22-2008, 06:47 AM
Good morning everyone,

I hope your all well. I havent been here in a bit. Been busy with work and the kids. I am doing alright with the weigtht. I could do better but it is soo cold here and I cant seem to get all my water in. I am not a fan of the HLW. I cant drink that at all. It makes me gag. YUCK!!!!!

I hope your all well. Remember we can do this one day at a time. Have a great day!

ChocLabLover
01-22-2008, 09:22 AM
Good morning everyone! :wave: I was MIA last week (super busy) at work. I hope everyone has a great POP day!

SlimmingDown
01-22-2008, 09:46 AM
Thanks for all of the warm welcomes!!! :hug:

So far today I started off with a JetStart (I love them!) and am about to go to the COD and the gym! I am going to talk to the COD about getting my lites in. I don't understand why I have a hard time with them. I did one of the packages so I have tons coming!

I need to start working on the drinking. Why is it so hard? It seems like every weekend we are at bars. I need to just gather up some will power and be strong. Beer is my weakness.

dolphn - I have done some reading on Alli and have mixed feelings as well. One side of me is interested in at least trying it just to see if it will help me, the other side doesn't want to waste any more money on yet another diet pill. Are you thinking of taking it?

Kimphin
01-22-2008, 09:53 AM
Good morning all!

Holding steady at 218... ugh. I'm trying to keep myself calm by remembering that this has happened before- when I start working out,it takes a while to get the body to kick in, but MAN is it frustrating! At least I can see some results in my performance on the treadmill - I've been able to progress to running for short spurts.

Kristen and Nicole - sorry about GB. I thought they were going to win. Giants fever is hitting hard here, although there are a lot of Cheaters fans, oops, I mean Patriots fans here too.

Kristen - WTG on the loss! WooHoo stick waving at ya!:carrot: it's a carrot stick!

Debbie - Hang in there - aggravating as it is, POP will reward you eventually. (As I take my own advice....)

Angie - All around us they are having their restaurant weeks too. Must be the season. Have fun!

Joni - get bootcamping! - I'm still hemming and hawing about changing gyms. It's as traumatic as changing hairstylists!

Barbara - Congrats on doing spin for 2 straight days! I'd love to give it a shot, but only if I can go in and switch out the seat for one of those cruiser fat A$$ seats!

Great loss Lettie! WooHoo stick for you too!:carrot:

Jill - Welcome to the group! I usually do a lite around 3PM and then for nighttime snack. Sometimes I cut them up into bite-sized pieces and graze on it.

Amylou - Ooh, Napa. I'm jealous! Glad you had fun with the girls.

Alannah - Chili on a cold night - great combination.

Karen - sounds like you need a short golf trip to warmer weather! (Don't we all.... )

Michie - sometimes that's what I like best about TO - not having to cook or pre-plan too much.

Cathy - how about herbal tea? I like it as a change-up every now and then.

Carol - HI there! I with you on the super-busy at work thing. I'm only able to check up every now and then now, and I miss it. Busy is good though, less time to get into the bad things!

Dolphn - I've avoided the whole Alli thing. As much as it intrigues me, I'm not ready to go that route yet. and - same as Jill - don't want to spend yet more $. What are your thoughts on it?

OK, gotta go... Hi to everyone else!

Dan2112
01-22-2008, 10:01 AM
Morning all!

Welcome to the group, Jill... Post early and post often...

I keep thinking this is Monday since I got the day off yesterday.. Yikes..

Looks like I've got another busy week on tap.. Starting it out well today with determination to limit my starches.. I keep finding extra ones creeping in there and there.. For the past couple weeks, I've noticed that my usual grocery haunts aren't stocking the "Nature's Own Double Fiber" bread, so we bought Sara Lee 45 calorie a slice multigrain.. We'll see how it goes.. I don't know what it is about wheat bread, but the last loaf I bought didn't last a week before it was moldy all the way through... Talk about nasty...

Ok.. Back to work..

Katy66
01-22-2008, 10:08 AM
Good morning everyone!

Stepped on the scale this am and I'm showing down slightly since Friday but will wait for official COD weigh in on Friday to change my ticker....It is a good sign though:) Oh and I'm very proud of myself for doing 30 minutes on the treadmill last night!

Lettie - your loss is awesome, it sounds like NS was the best choice for you right now. Congrats!

Amy (Dixie) - staying on plan when you are sick is SO HARD. Nothing tastes good so I just keep eating looking for something to satisfy me. You always hear people say they were so sick they couldn't eat....has never happened to me! Glad you are feeling better and getting one with your plan again:)

Welcome Jill - I can sympathize over the beer, I love the stuff but have probably drank maybe 7 since I started this plan a year ago next month. When I want to have an adult beverage:) I generally drink a glass of wine now. Although I can tell you that when I do drink it slows down my loss.

Hi Liza - I've felt like I'm getting too many starches since we switched to the numbered plans. I've been trying to get them in earlier in the day and use starchy veggies when I can.

Kim - Remember that steady is better than up, the scale will move:) Oh and I"m with you on the Pats.... can't stand them so GO GIANTS!!!!

Mitchie - The birthday party is over so glad to see you are back on track

Hi Carol, Cathy, Angie, and anyone else I'm missing. Have a great day!

Repo girl
01-22-2008, 10:15 AM
Hi everyone! I am a POP star for 2 days in a row, with 15 minutes of exercise! Today I am off to a great start, and I will be POP again today!

Sherry- I did Alli as a prescription years ago. Do you remember the disclaimers on the the commercials "May cause explosive diarreah, gas with oily discharge" and so on. Well, it does.

Hi Carol, Karen, and Cathy!

School is out today, as it is currently 36 degress below zero F, with the wind chill. This mean that I will only have a couple of daycare kids. Whohooooo! Oh wait. That also means that my kids are home all day. Hmmmmm. Since it was so cold last night, I brought my outside dogs in to sleep in my bedroom. Picture me in a queen bed (DH worked until 3:30 AM) with 2 great danes, one of which fought with and irritated my chihauhau all night, and and big chocolate lab mix. It was a sleepless night from ****.

chiquita623
01-22-2008, 10:16 AM
Good Morning Everyone. Looks like everyone had a good weekend. I had yesterday off so, like Dan, this seems like Monday to me. Went to DD's on Saturday in Belleville and took her the crib for the upcoming grandson. Sunday all I did was vege on the couch and watch the games. Too bad about the Packers but go Giants!! I'm just sorry it is an all East Coast game. Yesterday I ran errands and did a whole lot of nothing. Back at work today. Am going to try my best to be POP this week. I was Sunday and Monday. Hopefully the rest of the week will go smoothly!!

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and say Hi to everyone. Congrats on the losses. Have a good week all and I'll check back in later.

Repo girl
01-22-2008, 10:17 AM
Katy- Great job getting on the treadmill!

Dan- I always buy Sarah Lee, and it goes bad really fast, too.

dolphn545
01-22-2008, 10:26 AM
Thanks Katie for the input on ALLI.

That is exactly the reason I am hesitant to try it. One slightly greasy food, and well, I can't exactly go running to the bathroom at work. I can't keep interrupting a med pass, and I certainly don't need to ruin any scrubs from oily stains!

A couple other girls at work are considering it, but I'm not sure if they read up on the side effects.

If it wasn't for those side effects, I probably would invest in it, although if I come in this house with one other diet product, I think my DH will probably shoot me!! :)

I know what I need to do, and pills is not the answer. I just want a quick fix. Unrealistic, I know ...

:welcome: Jill

:goodluck: to everybody who has WI today!

lizababe
01-22-2008, 10:28 AM
hi Katy! I think I missed you in my earlier shout out... I'm sorry! Great job at seeing a loss! I'm looking into what I can have as a starchy vegetable since even the veggies are limited on the express plan. No corn, potatoes, etc. Squash is allowed so maybe I'll do that. I can only have so much cauliflower, carrots and broccolli before it starts hurting my tummy and I eat a lot of that in my lunch salads.

Dan, that's actually good that your wheat bread is going bad. It means it's not full of preservatives! I bought a breadmaker for Christmas and I make my own bread now. Makes such a difference. I actually don't over induldge like I was afraid I would either. The bread really only lasts a day and if we don't eat it, then it becomes a chew treat for Buster.

Nicole - my friend that I'm knitting that project for just announced they are going to do a c-section early before he gets too big (he's already 9lbs!) so that "oh no worries I'm not due to February" just got changed and I really need to bust some arse to get this project done. I haven't even started the arms! BUT I think the most work is in the main body of it and even though I've been dreading getting to the arms and hood.. that will probably go quicker since it's much smaller than the rest.

Ok, back to work and trying to sneak in the elliptical as much as I can. Oh, TOM came to visit today so maybe that will be good news later in the week when I visit COD.

Katy66
01-22-2008, 10:53 AM
Liza - I never did the express plan, they just moved me from old purple to this new 3. I have a bread maker but haven't used it very much at all....great idea on making my your own.

Gotta run! Have a great day everyone:)

Mama Nicole
01-22-2008, 11:33 AM
Good morning friends.

Kim...thanks about the Packers. I know you love Troy Aikman.....but do you get the feeling that he just does not like GB???? I thought he was very biased.......but that may just be me..... Hey, you ought to get the whoohooo stick for those personals. You are making the rest of us look bad :lol:

Katy.......I love the new avatar. You look so pretty :)

Liza......good luck with your bunting. It will be just fine, I'm sure :)

Katie........you are a POPstar......congrats. It feels good, doesn't it?

I want to stay and play.......but I have been on here for quite a while already.....and I have to get some work done :) I hope you all have a fab day.......and I will try to check in later :)
XOXO

Kimphin
01-22-2008, 11:38 AM
Nicole - wrong QB for me. Dan Marino is my guy. But you are right about Troy - I hate it when announcers come across as biased.

Mama Nicole
01-22-2008, 11:40 AM
OH GOOD........cuz I hate that guy (Troy). I almost muted my TV cuz he just sounds like a dumb-a$$!!! :lol:

Katy66
01-22-2008, 11:55 AM
Thanks Nicole - I decided I needed a pic up there for a change.

Of course Troy is biased, he played for Dallas you know and they don't think anyone but Dallas can plan.... can you tell I don't like the Cowboys????:)

I've been on here way to much today myself and must get some work done. On my way to a meeting then a quick bite before my next meeting. I'll try to check back in later:)

michie
01-22-2008, 12:33 PM
Morning everyone! So far I am doing pretty good this week. I am on a mission to not screw up my weight loss any more than I have lately. I am on my way to do a new workout DVD.. some dancing one. FUN!

Liza- Good luck with your starch challenge... and you puppy... and getting to the gym for quick work outs! I did see your post a while back about the event at the COD.. let me know when you're going to be there and I'll come for sure!

Hope everyone is having a great day! Thanks for the words of encouragement... now I am officially back in the game! Be POP! :)

amylou7777
01-22-2008, 01:13 PM
Michelle- I am with you! No more sabotage, no more cheats! We gotta stay consistent if we are going to see a long term loss! We can!

Nicole- I get mad at the fball commentators all the time! You have been so busy lately! How is everything going with 17yoDD? I know there was some stuff goin on a few weeks ago. I hope everything has settled down!

Kim, Joni, Lettie-how are the new jobs going? Alannah? Hope you all are enjoying them!

For anyone who has ever thought about a visit to the Napa Valley- I highly reccommend it. It was truly breathtaking and we met some really nice people. I got the inside scoop about some local, cheaper wineries and we got great deals. We just had a great time!

Katy- so glad to see a pic up! I missed your face!

Felicia- how have you been doing on plan? Are you still stuck?

Kimberly-we are SO POP this week, right?

Liza- how is doggy doin? Is it still raining down there? It just started up here-yuck! Hope you get your plan issues resolved soon!! Hang in there!

Barbara-I thought I was doing blue, but Lynn just informed me that Blue has smaller protein portion sizes, so I've been doing red! I'm thinking I may need to be on red for a while as I wasn't losing on purple. So far I'm holding steady at 240, but I know my weekend of indescretion in napa isn't helping with the scale. So far POP since yesterday- so we'll see. Thanks for askin! How have you been?

Angie- how's Cam holdin up?

Kristen-congrats on your losses!!! And way to go with the workouts. That is awesome. I just loved the cake/cupcakes! I can't wait to do stuff like that. Somehow DBF doesn't quite appreciate that sort of stuff like I do!

Dionne- how ya feeling?

Sherry- Just to chime in, I heard my first good report about ALli from a co-worker. She only has about 15lbs to lose and she's been reaaalllly strict with her food intake and she has only had one problem, after eating mexican food where she had an upset tummy for about an hour, but nothing else. So just to give you another perspective. I don't think I could do it for fear of a "blowout" but, she seems to be enjoying it!

Hi Pearl, how have you been??

WELCOME TO YOU JILL and Almosthere!

Jillian-are things improving for you in SD?? I sure hope so. Love the new avatar! Your hair looks great!

So good to see you on here Kimphin!!

Hi Amydixie! How's the log home coming?

AmyJersey-are you back on plan girlie??? Are you up for a POP week with me??

Dan-hope your busy week goes fast!!

Liz-good luck with the plateau buster- I know I should be doing the same thing but I'm not mentally prepared.....

Hi Shannon!!

Hi Deb- can I thank you again for the cookbook?? I feel like I owe you money it is so great!

Hi Lynn you skinny woman you!! I LOVE The avatar! I'd like to thank you again for all of your priceless advice!

TBL tonight!!!! I'm really into that show this time around. Ok- must go plan my POP day since I'll be at school til dinner time.

BIG POP thoughts to you all. I posted a reminder to myself on the weekly goal thread....I'm going to go read it again so I stay on track today.

BarbaraB
01-22-2008, 02:06 PM
Amy, My DH and I talk all the time about driving down to Napa and doing a wine tour, as we need to take a trip down to visit his folks in Sunnyvale, and well, I would enjoy it more if we also had some fun. I didn't know Red was like Blue but bigger protein portion sizes. Next time I'm working out a ton and feeling like I'm dying on Blue, I might just try upping to Red... makes sense to me that you might need the higher plan to keep losing. Of course you have to give it a good couple of weeks sticking on plan to really know.

Kim, I bought a triple gel seat cover to put on their rock hard seat, or I would not be able to endure spin class at all. It was the best 12$ I ever spent. Good for you for starting to run a little bit. For some reason the tread mill decides you are burning just tons of calories if you jogging and hardly any if you are walking. This never made much sense to me, although it does FEEL much more difficult to jog.

Liza, perhaps you just need to add the fiber in more slowly. Too much too fast can overwhelm the body. Can you have sweet potatoes on Express? That might be a nice way to get your starch in too. Squash is a good idea.
Hey given the TOM thing, maybe that was a big part of the bloating. I hope you get your system feeling better here again soon.

Michie, My DH can be a bad influence too. It has been great the last 10 days or so that he has been on plan with me. I am doing so much better, but then again, this won't last... as he had a goal of losing 5 pounds, and I think he is down 3 already.

Katy and Nicole, actually I was surprised that Troy Aikman was as articulate as he was, I was expecting him to be really super bad. I didn't notice any particular bias, and I was hoping the Packers would win. I have no love for the Cowboys, being a 49ers fan myself. Which is not an easy thing to be these days.

Kimphin
01-22-2008, 02:22 PM
I have no love for the Cowboys, being a 49ers fan myself. Which is not an easy thing to be these days.

Being a Dolphins fan, boy do I hear you on that!

amylou7777
01-22-2008, 02:32 PM
We're 49ers fans too Barbara-we've gotta hang in there! Although I do root for the Chargers as well...so I was disappointed to see them lose! I couldn't be more diappointed in the 2 teams in the superbowl....I would have loved to see Brett make it, he seems like such a nice guy!

Barbara- definitely get down here and enjoy Napa! BTW, I'll be in Chico this weekend.....do you want to move yet???

JLem311
01-22-2008, 02:37 PM
hi everyone. worked an early open shift today, so i was done at 11am.
came home, talked to a friend from NC (which was nice) and then worked out on the elliptical.
not much else going on. i did get a phone call from DH yesterday and we got to talk for 20mins! it was so great. normally his calls are only 5mins. so it was an unexpected surprise. things are going ok here in SD. i really don't like living here. i really miss NC. but i love being able to see the kids whenever i want. hopefully things will start to get better. i'm trying to be optimistic, but it's just really hard for me right now. things are what they are and that's that. i'm just trying to accept it all and i've been through so much in the last year and a half that most people in my position would've given up already or worse. but i'm still here..trying to be strong and get through it all.

i appreciate all the words of kindness and support. :)

bradleys mom
01-22-2008, 03:22 PM
WOW! Football football football!! My team (cowboys) are gone so I dt worry about it anymore! LOL But my DH is, a 49ers fan as well! He will be delighted to know there are some Niners fans on here!! I cant wait to tell him!!

Amy - POP is the way to be! (lol @ how corny that was!)

Jillian - You are SO strong! Just remember... What doesnt kill us makes us STRONGER! Youre in my prayers!

Michie - What dancing DVD are you doing? I tried the one from Kmart, and OMG! I thought I was going to fall over!

Barbara - How long and how many calories do you estimate that you are burning during the spin class? I would love to do that, but nowhere around here offers one!!

Nicole - I can so see you screaming at poor Troy and the TV! He was on HSN (or maybe it was QVC) today babbling about the SB. I was like what the heck is he talking about?! lol

So I should do more personals, but I am stinky and sweaty from just finsihing a 56 minute workout with Leslie Sansone! WOOHOO! DS is napping so this is my big break for the shower... :) Dont forget BL! I may duck out of class early tonight so i can come home and actually watch it when it comes on!

BarbaraB
01-22-2008, 04:17 PM
Jillian, How nice that you got to talk to him for a longer period. Hopefully he will be able to do that more and more often, so it becomes easier for you to bear. You obviously are a strong and resiliant person. Maybe SD will be nicer in the spring? It is funny, I knew my grandparents grew up in Isabel SD, so I just went and looked it up, and ended up finding the local paper archived and put their names into their search engine and found some really fascinating things, obituaries for my great grandparents, a story written by my great aunt about her life as a young person where she mentions my grandfather and how they used to get in to trouble, which was just fascinating to me. I'll have to send those to my mom. I've never been back there, but I do recall my grandmother talking about it a lot. She passed away about 2 years ago at the age of 93 and was the strong person herself. I will always miss her.

Amylou, Go Niners!!!! I do think periodically about moving back to Northern California, but then I think, too close to the in-laws, and the price of real estate, well especially in Sunnyvale where my in-laws live it is way too high.
Sacramento is much more reasonable, but still higher than here I think. Plus I have my family up here. My DH would really like it a lot though. Good thing it is sunny here for a few days to cheer him up, as the rain gets him down from time to time.

Kimberly, for an hour long spin class, I've heard estimates as high as 1000 calories burnt at spin class, but I believe that it is more around 750 calories per class for the classes I do, as we do some stretching before and after and aren't doing a full hour at the spin. I do 3 a week, so right there it is over 2000 calories a week. I try to get in two more hours of cardio somewhere else. The elliptical burns a lot of calories, depending on the resistence you set (same for the spin class the more resistence the more calories you burn). My elliptical has said I burn over 900 calories in an hour. I've got to get my lazy self on that thing tonight... I had a phase where I was doing a lot of running on the tread mill too. Although my feet started to hurt a bit, and so I went back to doing lower impact things. You can burn 600-700 calories an hour running on the treadmill at a speed that I can actually maintain (which is the just enough to say your are jogging speed). I can actually do a long stretch at 4.5 miles per hour... 6mph and I'm ready to cry uncle after a few minutes..... although once I did manage to do a whole mile at that speed.... back when I was doing the treadmill a lot. I recall telling my counselor at the COD and they were totally unimpressed. Hey for me that was FAST.

Kimphin
01-22-2008, 04:44 PM
I'm impressed! Does that count?

And at those cal/hour, I think I need to buy one of those seat covers and get on the spin bike!

Katy66
01-22-2008, 04:45 PM
Hey gang, checking in before I head to the grocery store and then home. I've learned with this plan that I need to stop at the store more often to keep the fresh foods fresh:) I don't have a plan for dinner yet though so I need t decide on that while I'm there. Haven't had fish in a while so maybe that would be good.

Mitchie - I'm interested in the dance DVD you are doing also. Last night my DD and I were dancing to her Radio Disney channel:) and I thought getting a dance workout dvd would be great since we could do it together. I've got to find an exercise routine that I will stick with:)!

zambejaly5
01-22-2008, 05:10 PM
Amy, the job is pretty good. there is alot I like about it. But I have been there long enough to know who are the easy going people and who are the pains in the "you know what"! there is one lady that is ......... well, just really hard to deal with. not just for me but most every body. and it has come to my attention that she is kinda out to get me. so that is not pleasant. but other wise. I am looking forward to being off for the entire summer! .....counting the days.

Dan2112
01-22-2008, 05:40 PM
Kimberly - How funny!! In house, it's the same, but opposite. I'm the die-hard Cowboys fan while Liz LOVES the 49'ers.. Typically each Christmas, we give each other a team related gift. This year I got her a 49'er throw blanket and squishy pillow. She now carries the blanket around like Linus from "Peanuts".. Strangly, I received no Cowboy gift this year.. Perhaps she was upset because the "Boys" kicked some major tail this season... :lol:

Boy, I don't know what it is that I ate today, but I'm seriously in pain from gas (sorry, TMI, I know)... I've been very POP today, but didn't have a leafy salad, which seems to be the usual culprit for that certain ailment... I just had cucumber and grape tomatoes for lunchtime veggies...

Katy66
01-22-2008, 08:08 PM
Can't believe that I found some time to check in this evening from home. It is usually just at work that I have time, or take the time. I'm feeling a little guilty that I'm hanging out on this sight and not getting as much done at work.... Oh well, this is so much more fun!

Can't believe we have so many Cowboy fans on here, haven't liked them much since the old days....Roger Staubach; etc. I probably just really dated myself.

So speaking of FOOTBALL.... what is everyone planning to do for the Superbowl. Around here / for my family it is almost as bit a holiday as Christmas. We thought until today that DH was going to have to be out of town that week, leaving Sunday but the trip has been postponed so I'm back to getting something planned. Any menu suggestions..... don't guess I will do the usual wings:) Maybe some turkey chili???

Oh, DH's trip that got postponed is to South Korea of all places. I guess if I had my choices that is not a place I would pick to visit. I need to do a little research on it though.

Well another POP day for me, unfortunately I was slack with my starches until later in the day. Hope I don't pay for it in the morning.

Hope everyone has a great evening! Gotta run get DD in the bath and get ready to watch TBL...I'm tivo'ing it.

SlimmingDown
01-22-2008, 08:53 PM
Good evening!

Today was a good day for me. I went to my COD and then to the gym. Did 30 min on the elliptical. It felt good!

I will be in Chicago visiting my boyfriend for the Super Bowl. I think that he wants to go to the ESPN zone. I'll have to avoid appetizers!!!!! My team is da Bears! I went to the Bears v. Giants game in Chicago this year and it was awesome. I am a football addict!

Joni135
01-22-2008, 09:02 PM
Quick hi and, sorry, no time for personals. I do see that Kim has surfaced and she's rather chatty!!

I had an itty bitty loss and did 30 minutes on my treadmill yesterday and today; I also had my first personal trainer session today and that went good. After doing lunges and squats and some good shoulder work, we did some really good stretches that helped my lower back and hip a lot. Because my legs and hips tend to get really stiff, she suggested that a good thing to do after this kind of training is to leisurely walk on the treadmill for about 10 minutes to get that lactic (sp??) acid out. I'm hoping this helps sinc I can't handle being all achy for days on end. So, that's my tip of the day and I'm pretty jazzed to continue my training.

I start my new job tomorrow night (new employee meet and greet); I'm actually more excited than nervous. Sounds like a lot of you are losing and doing well. Keep it up. I'm taping TBL and will watch it on the treadmill tomorrow morning.

KrispieD
01-22-2008, 09:10 PM
Joni good luck tomorrow.. don't take the job if it means you check in here less!

Jillian I hope you are settling..we're all thinking of you.

I haven't been on much.. I'm in mourning about the Packers game. I'm dressing myself and the girls all in black for a month.. I may even invent a Packers Blizzard...something green and yellow!
Good to see all of you working hard. I have stuck with the gym and been every day this week. On the eliptical 30mins at a time and then doing some bike, treadmill and weights.. I want to ENJOY bathing suit shopping this year!
Keep up the great work everyone and stay POP..so you too can be a POP star like our dear Nicole!

bradleys mom
01-22-2008, 10:11 PM
LOL Dan I also got DH a 49ers blanket for Christmas that he is equally attached to!!

lizababe
01-22-2008, 10:52 PM
Hi Everyone!

Well, I'm switching it up today because during TOM I actually have less than an appetite than usual. I'm having my Control Trim shake for dinner with fruit blended in. That takes care of a protein, starch, dairy and fruit!

So all of this team sports talk gave me an idea for a friend's baby that is coming in April. They're big Padre fans so I think I'm going to do a large blanket that looks like a Padres jersey with team colors, his first initial and last name in block print with his birthday underneath for his number! I'm so excited to get started on it! First I have to finish this bunting....

I didn't get on the elliptical today... I'm having too much pain between the fiber bloat and TOM but I did take the stairs several times today in and out of the studio.

Have a good and POP evening everyone!

Jrny2aNewMe
01-23-2008, 09:14 AM
Good morning all!

I havent been around for a few days to check in on you all, but I see we have a lot of new faces Welcome!

Weve had to do some shuffling of offices at work to make room to expand our data centre, and of course, Im one of the ones affected by the shuffle so I had no time to check in on you all. However, I am all moved and settled now, so I hope to now have time to come and join the party and boy do I need it. I have really been struggling trying to get anything off since Christmas have had a whopping 1 lb loss in that time and I am getting desperate, I even started a take off yesterday. Thought it might be a good time as Im not feeling that well anyway and dont feel like eating. So far Im down .5 lbs this am, but Im not real optimistic about seeing a nice loss doing TO as it never seems to do that much for me. Right now Im desperate though and will try anything.

Karen good to see you back! Hows the curling?

Heres to a POP day everyone!

Kimphin
01-23-2008, 09:15 AM
DId everyone take today off and no one told me?

I don't have anything new to say, just asking that someone posts so that I have something to read during my breaks!!!!!

Happy POP all!

Repo girl
01-23-2008, 09:46 AM
Rise and shine everyone! It is a balmy 15 below this morning, and all is well!!! I stayed POP again yesterday, yahoooo me! Now that I have been clean for a few days the cravings are so much smaller. After dinner last night I realized that I still had 2 veggies, 1/2 dairy, and 1 fruit. I ended up eating celery stuffed with laughing cow light cheese and an apple before bed.

Liza- I hope that you feel better today.

Joni- Good luck today! The training sounds great.

Kristen- I am with you on the summer shopping. Now that I am working from home again I do not have to be so dressy. I have a great summer wardrobe planned too.

Jill- Great job getting your workout in!

Katy- I have been wondering about the superbowl. I was thinking about making hummus and serve it with a veggie tray.

Dan- I live for Gas X. It really does help a lot with the pain and bloat.

Jillian- You are getting stronger everyday! You can get through this.

Tuesday Cool
01-23-2008, 09:49 AM
Football-Gag! Well if you all enjoy watching someone else win or lose fine with me.
I bought a used elliptical trainer from Craig's List and have been enjoying forcing myself to use it a couple times a day. I told the girl I bought it from I wanted something real ugly to put in my living room to taunt me into exercising. It is ugly! Ruins the decor and forces me to not use the rain as an excuse!
Barbara- I grew up in Mt. View (next door to Sunnyvale). Love the area but it is crowded, busy and expensive. My DH and I sold our house in Sunnyvale and bugged out to the sunny central coast. I love having "SLO'ed" down.
I would rather live in Oregon. I have lot's of family there and love the landscape.

Repo girl
01-23-2008, 09:49 AM
Hi Val!

Kim- Okay, do you want me to start some controversial thread to get things moving?

Repo girl
01-23-2008, 10:02 AM
Tuesday- I am with you. No interest in football whatsoever.

Dan2112
01-23-2008, 10:04 AM
Kimberly - I guess we have to forgive them for being attached to the blankets.. Afterall, their team has given them nothing to cheer about for years.. :lol:... Then again, neither had the "Boys" until this year, so I guess I should just shut up..

As for the Superbowl.. Last year, I had won a contest for a fully catered Mexican meal, which we shared with a bunch of friends.. No such luck this year (thankfully), so I would imagine it will be a muted affair.. Maybe I'll go and get the propane tank replaced on the grill and do up some bbq chicken or something...

Joni - I hope the job went well last night..

To the rest of yez.. Have a great day and may the POP be with you!

Kimphin
01-23-2008, 10:16 AM
Hi Val!

Kim- Okay, do you want me to start some controversial thread to get things moving?

Oh, no.. not looking for controversy!

But thanks - your post gave me something to read, I appreciate it. I kept wondering if a new week had started and we all moved to a new thread.

And, congrats being a POPstar!

Debbie24
01-23-2008, 10:27 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

I down a bit this morning which made me happy but i'm not changing anything until next monday so hoping to still be down then.

I cant send DH to do grocery anymore because he compares the labels of things i tell him to get to other things then "makes a decision". LOL I told him to get some whole wheat bagles and he came back with these pepperidge farm mini bagles and says "now we can have both pieces" (everything was close to 1/2 less on the minis). LOL. I had one with PB this morning and OMG it was so good. We were having the double fiber bread and they didnt have it at the store so he started comparing again and i told him to go ahead and get another one which was 10cals more and everything else pretty much the same, he came home with wonder 40cal bread and says "now we can have 2 slices instead of one". You just gotta love him. LOL. Anyway enough of that.

Ok i scanned thru the posts and didnt see anything on TBL yet. Yestedays show was so good. How did you guys feel about the show? I loved how everything backfired. For some reason i like the black team and i was so happy when they had immunity.

Joni - Goodluck today.

GL to those of you doing TO and Congrats to all the Losers. For those of you who didnt lose, keep at it.

Hi Dan, Lynn, Nicole, Barbara, Cecilia, Katie, Michie, Kimberly, Kim, Tuesday, Angie, Amy, Liza and everyone else.

Hope everyone has a POP day. :)

chiquita623
01-23-2008, 10:44 AM
Debbie - I watched TBL last night and I was not happy with how they tried to throw the WI but was kind of glad their plans backfired on them. Maybe it will show the contestants the repurcussions of that particular strategy. I like the grey team. They are so quiet, make no waves, seems they are just focused on losing the weight so they can get back home with their families. Maybe they have me fooled though. And I sort of like the blue team - the online team, I think - they are at a disadvantage to everyone else with not knowing each other and not having the support of the rest of the teams. Next week should be interesting. Looking forward to hearing Bob and Jillian's take on the WI.

Enough about that. I'm off tomorrow. DBF got me a remote starter for my car for Christmas so I'm getting that installed tomorrow. And going to a yoga class tomorrow evening. Other than that not much is new on my end.

I've been POP for 4 days now. I'm trying for a week POP. Stay focused on your goals and we'll make it!!

Repo girl
01-23-2008, 10:51 AM
Oh, no.. not looking for controversy!

But thanks - your post gave me something to read, I appreciate it. I kept wondering if a new week had started and we all moved to a new thread.

And, congrats being a POPstar!

Thanks! It feels good.

Debbie24
01-23-2008, 11:00 AM
Laurie - Bob definitely knows whats going on with the WI lastnight so i want to see what he says to them. i loved that they did "gameplay" and screwed themselves because if they had just done it honestly then one of the other teams could have gotten immunity but dont they feel stupid now. i like the gray team also because they do seem like they just want to lose the weight and are not worried too much about winning.

amylou7777
01-23-2008, 11:10 AM
Wow Kim, you're right everyone must be sleepin in!

I was down on my scale FINALLY but can't move my ticker til tomorrow since I'm really only supposed to w/i t/th/s since my center closed....so it will be day 3 of POP for me!!! I'm hoping to get 7 in a row!

Lettie- I'm glad you enjoy your job but I hate when there is conflict with someone at work. Esp. a woman.....it just gets awkward and catty. I hope it doesn't turn into a big deal. Yeah for summers off!

Joni-Can't wait to hear how you like it at the new company!

Tues- I have a lot of family in SLO-so beautiful! Everytime I'm there I get a little taken aback at how "snooty" it has gotten. Used to be so much different. But it sure is a great place to live. You had me laughin with the ugly treadmilll, I can see myself doing that too.

Where's Felicia?

Anyone seen Emily?

Val-so good to hear from you! GL with TO. I'm right there with ya in being stuck. I hate doing TO so I'm just trying to get back to a consistent POP. Have you been sneakin cheats?? Hopefully TO will get your mind back into it and you will see some movement on the scale!

Debbie, Laurie-- I totally agree about TBL. I was dissapointed that the team that left was voted off (don't want to spoil it for you TIVO people). They seemed to just be getting into their groove.

Debbie-what a sweet hubby! I can't send dbf to the grocery alone bc he comes back with frozen pizzas, potato chips and ben and jerrys!!!!! Sheesh!

Barbara- I didn't know your family was up in OR. The prices near Sunnyvale are absolutely crazy. The downward trend of the market has hit Sac and the suburbs pretty hard. DBF bought this house several years ago and the equity went down 100k since he had it appraised 2 years ago for a re-fi. So we hope it gets better before it gets worse bc I'd really like to move closer to the bay area myself!

Alright, time for workout #2 for the week. I really do hate exercising but I know it's so good for me so I'm going to go lace up the shoes and do TBL DVD.....check with y'all later!

Katy66
01-23-2008, 11:22 AM
Hey, finally got a minute to check in this morning and from the boards it looks like everyone is as busy at work as I am. Leaving soon for my annual mammogram....ladies if you haven't had yours this year please schedule it! I lost a very dear friend to breast cancer so I'm pretty much a crusader for getting mamograms.

Had a POP day yesterday but didn't get any exercise in. I had to work late and then DD wasn't feeling well. Not sure what is up, she seemed fine this morning. Could have been a plot to make sure she had extra mommy time:) That is okay too! We read and cuddled a lot.

I did watch TBL after she was in bed and I was not pleased with the whole WI thing. I'm like you Laurie, I can't wait to hear what Jillian and Bob have to say.

Well I better run....have a great day:)!

okie in il
01-23-2008, 11:28 AM
Good morning all! :wave:

Debbie - Watched TBL last night too. I agree with you that Bob definately knows some of them tanked the weigh in, especially the orange when they've had such good losses. I can't wait to see his reaction next week.

Dan - I, too, am a diehard Cowboys fan. I'm still upset about that Giants game so I don't want them to win, but don't like the Patriots either so that game will be a toss up for me.

Good week so far. POP & exercising every day. Didn't feel like doing anything this morning with the pain from TOM but made myself get up and do 2 mile WATP hoping it would make me feel better, but no such luck. Feel like going home & going to bed, but that's not likely to happen either.

Hello to everyone else. I hope everyone has a good POP day.

michie
01-23-2008, 12:03 PM
Good morning friends!

Kim & Katy- I got a CRUNCH Cardio Go Go Dance video. It was on sale. It's so funny! The instructor is way too energetic and peppy for my liking. The dancing is alright, nothing too hard...almost felt like it wasn't a workout. If you guys find a better one let me know!

Amy- I'm doing TBL DVD too! I'm doing Power Scult... I really like it so far. I've been on level one and I decided to try level THREE yesterday.. just about killed me! Have fun!

Debbie- OMG I am sooooooo like your DH! It takes me forever to go grocery shopping because I sit and compare labels for the longest! My DBF hates shopping with me!

TBL- GREAT! I missed half of it again because I like to work out while I watch. So traveling from the gym to my house cuts out all of the challenge and most of the WI. Oh well! What I did see I liked. I didn't really like the pink team... they were a little rude. I was happy to see them go.

I just got back from my COD myself and... I was DOWN! Yay! Like 5 pounds down.. which puts me back where I was before I went crazy this weekend. Not quite... it's the lowest I've been so far. Now I have to keep it off and keep losing!

Hope everyone has a very very POP day! You can do this!

amylou7777
01-23-2008, 12:28 PM
Michelle- holy crap 5lbs?!?! I didn;t know you had gained over the weekend but congrats on getting it right back off and then some! I'm going to have to get the Power Sculpt-right now I'm doing TBL 2 workouts- it's a variety and I love it but I can't do it everyday or I get burnt out. I think I'm going to pick out some new ones this weekend. Is Jillian the trainer on yours?

Hi Becky-congrats on getting a WO in despite TOM-that would be a huge accomplishment for more!

Hi Katy!

Let's keep up the POP everyone!

Mama Nicole
01-23-2008, 12:28 PM
Hi friends :)

I did some soul searching last night.......

I watched a bit of Oprah yesterday....which is rare for me....and Dr. Oz was on there talking about stopping smoking. He made several comments about how you have to care enough about yourself to stop hurting yourself....and said something about how overeating is also in that category. He mentioned that a lot of the time we don't make positive changes for ourselves because we are afraid that we might do all the work, and it may not turn out the way we hoped........or the bottom line........that we still won't feel good about ourselves......so we decide to just continue to indulge and ejnoy short term happiness (blizzards, pizza, wings, m&m's, etc,). I was feeling quite empowered, as I quit smoking about 2 years ago, and have been OP for over a week........(well, except last night....and that is comming).........and I really felt like maybe I was truly making this lifestyle change come true...........until.........

DH called me at about 5:00 p.m. and said that one of his co-workers from Chicago was in town, and that they all wanted to go out to dinner and then to Harrah's. He aplogized for the short notice, and asked me if maybe we would just want to join them at Harrah's after we got the kids fed and settled. I really wanted to go........so I went to my room to find something to wear.......and within 5 minutes, I knew I was not going.........I had nothing to wear that fit right.......and the bottom line is, my inner fat girl kept telling me I was too fat to go. I TRIED sooooo hard to win the battle......but I just didn't have the strength. I told DH I just didn't feel up to it and that he shoud go without me. He offered to stay home.......but there was really no sense in both of us missing out just cuz I was feeling crazy. So he went. As soon as he walked out the door, I decided that I really did need to stop doing this to myself.......and that I have to just do this......and I vowed to myself that I would do my pilates DVD tomorrow.....and I cried for a minute......and then I comforted myself with Fannie Mae Mint Meltaways and peanut M&M's, followed by some Crunch Berries and a LAWL portion of popcorn. I am not proud.........and I am not deeply depressed........but I am awakened to the fact that I really need to start being better to myself. I looked at myself this a.m. after my shower, and I realized that my toenails have been neglected since summer......my hands look like those of a 70 year old.....cuz I, "just don't have time to baby them....." yada yada yada. This balance between wife, mom, and taking care of me is wayyyyy off. So.......today.........I am showered, dressed, have make-up on......my hair looks pretty o.k. and........I will do my pilate's DVD today. I may even paint my toenails tonight........but let's not get too crazy. When I met DH........I was a single mom of three........I did had a full time home daycare......and I was going to school full time (nursing). My hair and nails were beautiful......I was thin........and now.......I have lost myself. I am going to do my very best to uncover me ans start living again. Because......"I'm good enough........I'm smart enough........and doggone it........people like me!" --Stuart Smalley

Oh, and a big thanks to Lettie and Katie........the flylady doesn't have me completely trained yet.......but she is making me realize that there is more to life than a clean house, clean kids, and all that stuff :)

Ok, I am off to do my laundry now..........I know, I know......living on the edge!!! :lol:
XOXO

amylou7777
01-23-2008, 12:40 PM
Hi Nicole, man did your post hit home. I''m coming from a different place where I want to take care of me before I get lost in the working mommy condundrum-but I know that I am predisposed to putting myself last no matter what.

I totally flipped things around this summer while I was off school and only working part time and really taking care of myself. I joined LAWL and started working out very regularly. I vowed to stick with the gym and crazy strict eating as I started school, but of course I ended up putting that first and neglected my exercise completely.

But the quotes you mentioned from Dr. Oz are what really hit home. I'm not sure why I self destruct, but I do it with everything in my life. Eating, school, work, and sometimes even in my relationship. It's a total fear thing.

I actually did well this semester in school for the first time since starting law school. I barely got into the school I go to which is highly ranked, and I know that I told myself I didn't deserve to be here and that's why my grades suffered. As I lost weight I had more confidence and decided I was smart enough to be at this school and alas, I finally did well! We have to believe in ourselves and believe that we can take care of our own bodies. Your hair/nails are the perfect symbol for putting yourself last. And your little binge last night was so obvious, I'm sure you were telling yourself "I can't beleive I"m doing this" as you ate each thing. I've totally been there. Don't let that inner fat girl take over ever again!! You are on such a rolll lately so it's best to forget last night even happened! You are a new you and I know you have this in you for the long haul.

Maybe you should take some time and get a pedicure today.....

I totally didn't mean for this to turn into a novel of a post about myself, but I can really relate. We're your biggest cheerleaders, Nicole-so I want to see a POP day out of you today!!!

cecil
01-23-2008, 12:56 PM
Oh my! Nicole and Amy I totally know where you are coming from. I just decided last night seriously that I am taking time for my self. I normally stay at my boyfriends a lot which is a huge stress on me because I have to haul my stuff over there stuff including helathy food and clothes and stuff to get ready in the am. And also that leaves me no time for my self because I am always rushing around. So I don't have time to keep up with house work or excercising. So I decided last night I am not staying there anymore during the week. I really think this will be positive for me.... but maybe not so much for our relationship. What a hard decision to make.... It's so hard to take control and worry about your self for once.

Nicole what you said really hit home. We all want to feel good about ourselves you are such an inspiration and you always make me laugh when I read your posts! Ha! Keep you head up and remember we are here for you whenever you need anything!

Amy same to you! So happy you finally relized you deserve to be at school and do well!

I am always sooo proud of everyone on here! You are all my inspiration everyday! I couldn't do it without you! Wow! Sappy today! ha!
Heres to a POP DAY!

BarbaraB
01-23-2008, 01:17 PM
Nicole and Amy and Cecilia, I also did some thinking last night, after responding to someone who had said they needed help stopping eating, and I had said she needs to figure out why she is doing it. That got me to thinking, why oh why did I eat all that junk? It is kind of a difficult answer... I do think you are right that a lot of it had to do with putting everyone else first, and losing weight takes a time and effort that seems selfish, where 2 minutes in the drive through seems like you are "indulging" yourself and being good to yourself, giving yourself a little something, but in the long run it turns out to be self destructive and makes you feel very, very bad about yourself. In the moment when you are doing it, it seems like a soothing thing... Some fast food so I don't have to cook.... Some quick energy from the candy since I'm feeling tired.... Just a soothing ice cream at the end of the day to pamper frazzled nerves. When one of the reasons I was so frazzled and tired was the fact that I was dragging around so many extra pounds. It just defies sense after you pull yourself out of that pit... and yet you can fall back in so easily... I did over Christmas.... I tend to do it on vacations, holidays and when I'm sick.. right back to the... this will soothe me mentality.... and after a very short time you are like drugged with food again and struggling to get out of that whole cycle of eating and feeling tired from the bad food and eating more to make yourself feel better....

Anyway, bottom line, we are worth it. We don't deserve to be fat and unhealthy. We should take care of ourselves. Everyone in our family wants us to to that! You know what when you take care of yourself, they don't get all huffy at you, they get proud of you.... the only ones really holding us back are ourselves.. and we don't even have a good reason for doing it. We have to learn to love ourselves too like we do for everyone else.

amylou7777
01-23-2008, 01:28 PM
Cecilia-I think that is a great decision although it will be HARD! I did the same thing gradually after I met my dbf, I started staying at his house more and mroe, and found us cooking big fatty meals together more and more. That and the stress of starting school packed on 30+lbs! I finally officially moved in in the summer and that made everything easier since I wasn't balancing two households, 2 different commutes and suitcases! I hope you can find some balance for yourself.

Barbara- you are right on. It does feel selfish to me to constantly be buying "my" foods, skipping study groups so I can get my workout in, but in the long run I think it's better for everyone around me!! No one gets mad at you for taking care of you! Thanks for your thoughts!

Jrny2aNewMe
01-23-2008, 01:39 PM
Here’s my view on TBL – I also, like the black and grey team, and was thrilled to see the black team get immunity. I have really liked the blue team up to this point, but was not thrilled with Brittany helping throw the WI last night. As for the orange team, for some reason I have never really cared for them, and last night certainly did not improve my opinion. I agree that Bob knows exactly what happened, so will be curious to see what he has to say to them about it. I was deifinitely bummed to see who got booted as the pinks were my favorite team.

Amy – before Christmas I knew that I was sneaking cheats, so I really wasn’t surprised to see my WL stall at that point, and being Christmas I was ok with that. However, since new year’s I have been virtually POP, with the exception of a couple of a couple of days where we had our “Thank God Christmas is over Christmas party” and a baby shower. Other than that I have been very, very good and that is where my frustration is coming in. Oh well, soldier through it right?

Nicole – I think your post will strick a chord with a lot of us – you are so right! We are all worth taking the time for ourselves, we are worth it. Sorry, now I’m just having a bit of a “moment” here and a couple of tears have actually spilled down my face. You guys are all such an inspiration to me and are what keep me going on this journey, especially when I’m frustrated like now. So many times I am tempted to just say **** it all and quit, but that is what I have always done in the past and I can’t do that now, and I have to say that it is all the people on this board that are keeping me going!

Prazteam
01-23-2008, 01:52 PM
Nicole, I too can relate (I think all women can!) When my DH hit his goal, I was so angry because he had become so selfish it was driving me crazy! He didn't care who he woke up to get on the treadmill or what anyone else's schedule was. He didn't care if anyone else had anything cooked to eat as long as he did. (both the boys know how to cook!) When we first started I was a SAH mom and I was up every day cooking and packing for both of us. After I started working and my time was limited, he took care of himself first and would sometimes include me. I can't tell you how angry I got. It became a "don't go there" for me and I know that is a major part of why I backed off plan.
BUT.... he did it. He reached goal. And 84 pounds later, he's maintaining and I'm starting over. So the first of the year, I sat him down and pointed all this out to him and explained that it's my turn, my year.
So, am I getting up earlier, working out and waking everyone in the process? Nope. I just can't be THAT selfish. So, right now I'm just trying to get through all the changes coming up at work without quitting, stay POP and walk as much as possible throughout the day. I put on my pedometer when I got to work and at the end of my shift, I had walked 8000 steps. So there's something.

Women are nurturers and it goes against our nature to "rock the boat" or put ourselves first. But it works! My DH is proof. And honestly, we aren't just doing this for ourselves. Getting healthier is something we're doing for those we love because they want us healthier, to live longer or at least increase our odds, and we all know the better we feel, the better we feel about ourselves. And the better we feel about ourselves, the better our attitude is. When Mom's happy, everyone's happy!
Nicole, you're awesome!

Repo girl
01-23-2008, 02:12 PM
Ladies, I love you all. Thanks so much for all of the inspiration today.

cecil
01-23-2008, 02:21 PM
Amy I just wanted to say thanks for saying that you think my idea is a good one. I needed that! I feel like it's all wrong!

And I am with Katie! I love you all!

chiquita623
01-23-2008, 03:01 PM
Someone was talking about dance dvd's. My DD (yep - the preggers one) got an American Idol Double Dance Mat for Christmas (and yep - she uses it and yep - it's pretty comical to see her do it being 8 months along) and when I was down there I tried it out. I'm here to tell you that kicks butt!! It has 3 settings for difficulty and you pick the type of dance you want to do like mamba, samba, cha cha, etc. Needless to say I need lots of practice on it!! But am really thinking about getting one.

Repo girl
01-23-2008, 03:07 PM
Laurie- I have really been thinking about getting something like that too. Right now my exercise routine is playing the wii. The fitness stuff is kicking my butt and is fun, too.

Debbie24
01-23-2008, 03:33 PM
Katie i bought the wii also to exercise and loved boxing but i rarely found the time to play it so i sold it on ebay :(. It was so much fun tho and the workout is great.

Repo girl
01-23-2008, 03:52 PM
I love the boxing. My DH and I have gotten quite competitive with bowling. Last night I wanted him to go to the store with me. He wanted to stay home because it was well below zero outside. We bowled for it, and I killed him! I beat him so bad that he was already getting his shoes on while I bowled the 10th frame, he had already lost.

pjbeau
01-23-2008, 03:58 PM
Whew....I just finished catching up on the last few days of posts. We went out of town for the long weekend, so I've been away from any computers. I did fairly well over the weekend...only one cappucino and one cookie...everything else I ate was OP foods...I just had some portion controls issues. So, this morning my WI didn't show any loss. I caught myself thinking that was okay...as long as I didn't gain...but it's not okay if you work hard all week to loose, then blow it on the weekend. I must do better.

This afternoon's chat has been very inspirational and comforting. While I don't wish bad on anyone, it easier to cope with everything when you know you are not alone. So, thanks to the ladies who have helped to kick my butt back in gear. :kickbutt:

:dust:

Katy66
01-23-2008, 03:59 PM
Hello everyone! Boy there are some very reflective and inspirational posts on here today and they hit home with the pity party I was giving myself last night and this morning. The fact is that I am worth the effort this is taking and I will be a better wife and mom when I take care of myself! Thank you guys for the support and WE CAN DO THIS!

Katy66
01-23-2008, 04:00 PM
Oops forgot to say Katie you and your DH bowling for it is just too funny!

bradleys mom
01-23-2008, 04:15 PM
Hi everyone! Hope you are all having an AWESOME humpday! I am dreading going back to work tomorrow, but gotta do what you gotta do!!

I am 3.5 lbs from 30 lbs lost!! :carrot: I cant believe it!!! I really didn't realize it until today! I have been a POPstar for 2 days straight now. It feels good to actually stay OP!

I started a trend! My sister just got 8 inches cut off of her hair! I got 7 inches cut off last month and she loved it!!

lizababe
01-23-2008, 04:34 PM
Good afternoon everyone! Way to go POP stars!

Nicole - boy are you ever not alone. I think a lot of us are singing that tune. I used to make a point when my daughter was little to give myself a full pedicure every week and have pretty feet. For the past few years that has gone completely downhill. My hands aren't looking so great either. Maybe weight gain or being alone has something to do with it but like you, I just don't put the effort into myself anymore. My house gets neglected, so does the social life. I wonder how I managed to balance everything so well just a few years ago and now I can barely find the time to go for a small jog 4 times a week? I think you and I and a lot of us here are so busy wanting to make everyone else happy, we forget to make ourselves happy too. I think along with our goals of weight loss, POP and exercise, we need to motivate each other to spend some time taking care of US!

So Nicole, tonight I want you to take at least a half hour. Set up the bathroom all nice with candles, incense or just low lights. Bring in a small radio to your favorite relaxing music. Set up a nice bath with oils, salts or bubbles, put on some sort of facial mask and just soak and relax!!! Even if it take a half hour to scrub out that stupid tub.....

Debbie24
01-23-2008, 04:39 PM
Katie thats too funny. I would beg DH to play with me but he says he's "not into video games anymore" :(. Playing alone is no fun, i love competition.

BarbaraB
01-23-2008, 04:41 PM
Katie, I've got to get a WII..... It sounds like a lot of fun. My DH always want to bet on everything, so that might be dangerous... I could end up always doing the dishes.

Cecilia, I like your new avatar. It is great to be the giver, only don't give so much that you have nothing left for your own self. If he misses you, he can pack up his stuff and come over to your place... Dr Phil says you train people how to treat you.

Paula, I often find if I'm out of town, I probably ate more salt than normal, even if I was very careful. So perhaps you'll see a better weigh in soon.
Any time away from home is more challenging to be good, and it sounds like you did a decent job of keeping it in line, even if you suffer from my problem, portion control issues... So hard in restaurants, since they often serve really large portions and it is really hard for me to only eat part of it.

Mama Nicole
01-23-2008, 05:15 PM
... Dr Phil says you train people how to treat you.

arrrghhhh......I HATE that Dr. Phil :lol: (I am only kidding......I just hate the truth sometimes :))

That is sooooo true. My DH used to tell me when we were dating not to do too much for him, cuz that would eventually make me unhappy. Not only is he handsome......he is quite smart :)

So I am sending out a huge :hug: to all of you, my dear friends. When I woke up this morning......I knew I was going to write this post.......that it would be the only way I would get through this day. It was definitely time to, "get real with myself." :lol: I knew if I put it all out there.........I would have the best chance of success........and guess what????? I DID MY PILATES TAPE today!!! It was only 25 minutes......and I sucked pretty bad.......but I did it!!!! So, thank you dear friends. I love you all!!!!
XOXO

cecil
01-23-2008, 05:19 PM
Congrats Nicole! Way to take charge! You are on your way to doing it all for you! Yeah!

slim n trim
01-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Hi Everyone,

just a quick check in here. I have doing good for the past couple of days .... I didn't get on my treadmill yesterday, however, I made about 50 trips up and down the stairs at work, moving some files around, plus I curled last night - so I figured that had to count for something, however, I am getting on the treadmill tonight after supper, and then going to curl up and finish reading my book.

Val - curling is going good. Thanks for asking. Looking forward to the Scott Tournament of Hearts starting in a few weeks. I get nothing done, because I watch so much of it, and I actually have that week off work, because the holiday here in Canada that week, and the Dr I work for is taking the whole week off - wooo hooo.... the plus side to that - I have a tv by my treadmill - so I will make myself work out while watching.

And Kim - you are so right - I would love a golf holiday - somewhere warm - maybe Hawaii - or Arizona .... I don't think its going to happen this year though - to many other things going on right now. Next year we will go though. I was kind of liking going away every year, and now that we aren't going anywhere this winter - I have been kind of pouty about it, especially since its so dang cold here right now. And it seems that half the people in our office that we are scheduling appts for - tell us, oh - can't come then - I will be in Cuba, or Jamacia, or Mexico ...... I am soooo jealous. I love to be somewhere warm and tropical....

Joni - hope the job is goingwell.

Big hellos to Pearl, and Kristen, Katie, Angie, Jillian, Nicole, Barb, Lettie, Liza and everyone else that I know I am missing .... I am shouting out to you too..... I have missed you!!

Hope everyone has a great evening.

amylou7777
01-23-2008, 07:13 PM
Yay I'm glad you are coming around more often Karen! Sounds like you are getting lots of good exercise!

I'm about to start class so I can't get to everyone to say hi! But I was glad to see your post Nicole!

I've had a fabulous POP day! I hope you all have too!

equinetcan
01-23-2008, 07:15 PM
Nicole - I know I'm a little late getting in on this discussion but I agree with everything you said. I am like Jillian in that the last year and a half has been he$$ and all I've done is kinda tread and get through it. Its getting a little better but in very small steps but at least there is some improvement. I know at times I have neglected me too and felt I wasn't worth the effort - but I know I am and I just have to work harder at making myself believe it.

On a happier note - Karen - must be a Canadian thing cause although I have never played I absolutely love curling. More the mens than the women's at times as they seem to leave more rocks in play sometimes and that makes for more interesting and difficult shots but I watch both. The Scott, the brier and if broadcast the Worlds. I like some of the skins too but it depends on who is playing. Can't stand Colleen Jones (but that comes from living in NS for awhile and knowing someone who played with her) and my favorite mens player is Jeff Stoughton. I can't wait for the big tournaments to start up soon.

Liza - how is Buster doing? Did the cottage cheese and scrambled eggs help?

I am still plugging along in the new job trying to keep my head from exploding from too much info being inputted every day but its nice to have a bit of a challenge for a change. Busy is not the word and I will only get busier.

I guess this kinda turned out a little long. I go get weighed on friday again. I have very little starches on my new plan compared to what COD expected me to have on the new numbered plans and I feel better now too. No starch after noon meal. It has helped with bloating and such as well I used to get in the evening. It takes some adjustment but I am used to it now. I am hardly ever hungry and I am having fewer headaches these days as well. Still get some but not quite so many.

Hope everyone has a good evening...

JLem311
01-23-2008, 08:52 PM
hey everyone. just saying hi. today was ok. not nearly as bad as yesterday was, but mostly. it seems as if there's this huge cloud over me that never seems to have a break in it. :( i have so many things going on with me right now and not much support...only because no one really understands what i'm feeling right now. and i had something else come up in the past week that i just don't know how to deal with. so that's wearing me down as well.
ugh. i just need a huge break and there's really not much hope for that anytime soon.

ok. i think i've brought everyone down enough by my post..sorry!
hope everyone had a great day. i'll check back tomorrow.

Tuesday Cool
01-23-2008, 09:04 PM
OK bad day. I ate my healthy breakfast, I had my morn snack by 9:30, my PM snack by 11, my lunch by noon, then went out and got hot & sour soup for my second lunch. No kidding by 1:30 I had eaten all my foods (not sure how to count the soup so I called it a P, S, Fat. Now all I have is my water and one lousy fruit. I do not know what is wrong with me. But I hope it is TOM not by shrew of a boss. She has me so worked up I could just bite (and might)
Katy- I have my first mamo scheduled for next week. I plan on celebrating by taking myself shopping after. New shoes sound about right! I agree, everybody take care of yourselves. You depend on your body and your people depend on your spirit.
Nichole, I hate Oprah because so much of what is on her show hits home like that. I read her magazine and get so much inspiration. Of course she also taughts very expensive baubles, but heck she can't be perfect.
So lets all make a deal. We will take care of our selves, we will be happy with the results, and we will prize our needs not fear them.

pjbeau
01-23-2008, 09:32 PM
Jillian,

Don't worry about bringing us down. We all have rough times and it helps to be able to vent to someone. We can only succeed if we support each other through good times and bad.

Hugs to you...hang in there.

Angie
01-23-2008, 10:07 PM
TBL talk -- *BEWARE TIVO'ERS...SPOILERS* I was surprised that the yellow team was surprised at getting 3 votes...they were one of two teams who had been below the yellow line afterall. Anyway, I'm glad they did well and the ordeal seemed to refocus Paul, so that's good. He was getting a little too intense for me though..kinda creepy with the whole kung fu thing. I was really disappointed that they eliminated pink instead of purple..those purple girls should be doing waaaay better and have been the smallest losers twice in three weeks. The orange and blue teams ticked me off with their purposeful weight gain....I hate that.

Lettie -- Sorry to hear there's a bully at work. Do you think it would help to confront her and ask if there is some reason she treats you that way? She might back off if she knows she doesn't intimidate you. Or she might punch you in the nose...but I hear talking things out works..lol

Can someone help me kick my own @ss into exercising? Oh, and while you're at it, I should really clean up my room too...

Nicole -- Thanks for your post. I've had those same feelings of inadequacy when DH called and asked me to join friends from his work and their wives (who are all super skinny, sigh). They actually think I'm snobby because of it..lol. If only they knew! I've been trying lately too, to do my hair more often, put on make up now and then...but I need to get serious too. I think you halfway took care of my @ss kicking request without knowing it, so thanks. PS -- I made a very bad decision at lunch today...(McDonalds!!) so let's forgive ourselves and move on.

Amy, Pearl, everyone else...it is hard to put ourselves first. I keep thinking back to 6 years ago, right before I met/married DH. I had shed 30 lbs (but was only 206 to start with then!) through just cutting back on carbs, not eating after 6:00 and exercising (yoga, pilates and walking). I had a pedicure every week or two...my hair was the envy of many ladies at my office...I was feeling great. I'd so like to get back to that feeling and motivation, but I find now, with 2 jobs, a DH, a little boy, dog, cat and bird...it's hard! It's not an excuse, but I do realize that things have changed and it's going to be more difficult or maybe slower this time. Maybe I can't do all those things, but I'll aim to do some over the NONE I'm doing now.

Cecelia -- Sometimes more time apart can do wonders for a relationship, even if there is nothing really wrong in the first place. At least you'll appreciate your weekends together more, and he can always come stay at your place, right?

Hi to everyone!

amylou7777
01-23-2008, 10:09 PM
Jillian- we are pulling for you to get out of this slump! Take it one day at a time and try to focus on those kiddies when things seem hopeless. Hope you get to hear from DH again soon!

Hi Paula! good to see you on here! Hope you had a great time over the long weekend even if it did involve a few cheats!

Cecilia- glad I could give you some support with the dbf situation. I think it's going to be hard, but so good for you! Whatever you decide in the long run make sure it's for you!

I had to let you all know that I just made another recipe from Deb's Cookbook and it was SOO good and SOO easy. It's called "Diet coke sloppy joes" I made it with turkey meat--YUM! I'm sure the recipe is somewhere in the threads, but maybe I'll repost it. It was so easy-I made it while I was on the phone!

amylou7777
01-23-2008, 10:14 PM
Hi Angie! I didn't realize you worked 2 jobs! You crazy! I definitely believe in taking baby steps. When I feel myself letting myself go with the day to day upkeep I try to schedule a "real" date with Dbf, or make plans to go to dinner with the girls so that I make sure to get the nails done, do my hair and put an actual outfit on. It's like when you know company is coming so you rush around and clean your house--when I know I want to look good I rush around and clean myself up! It's always a good jumpstart!

Mama Nicole
01-24-2008, 01:00 AM
Cecilia.....I just love your new avatar. You look so pretty and happy :)

Angie.......I am really starting to think I have to change my behavior (as in going out with DH and friends even if I feel too icky and ugly to do so), and maybe, just maybe, my mind and body will begin to understand. :)

Nighty night all. I hope you all had a great day :) I am going to go lie in my bed now and decide just how I am going to become stronger tomorrow :)
XOXO
P.S. Dan......did you learn anything about how our (women's) twisted minds work?

Mama Nicole
01-24-2008, 01:02 AM
And Jillian........you know we are here for you. It would be wonderful if we could just stop in at your new place for a cup of coffee.......but since that can't happen......pour yourself a cup and sit down in front of your computer, and feel the love, girl!!!!
XOXO

Mama Nicole
01-24-2008, 01:03 AM
Also.........I watched TBL for the first time last night..........and I think the show totally sucks. :lol:. I can't believe how nasty they are to the contestants.........pitting them all against each other like that. tsk tsk tsk!!! :lol:

Mama Nicole
01-24-2008, 01:11 AM
Oh, and one more thing.....Alannah.........I remember a time when you wouldn't even post an avatar picture you were so down on yourself. Look at you now........you have been through a lot........and I am happy for you that it is turning around a little, even if it is baby steps.

And Pearl........dear Pearl........how I have missed you :) I am so happy for you and proud of you for mustering up the whatever it is we have to muster up take care of YOU. I know we are so much alike in the mothering EVERYONE department.........so, if nothing else........this is a year for us to reflect and grow as women. We CAN do this........especially with all the support here :)

Hey Joni..........how is the new job going? I hate it when you get a new job........I get a mild case of withdrawals...... :)

And JM and Cassi...........WTF???? :lol:

So, my fellow fatties..........today is over.......and tomorrow is a new opportunity to grow and become healthier!!! Now that's something you can shake the whooohoooo stick at!!! And no, I haven't been drinking.......:lol:
XOXO

GrandmaCindy
01-24-2008, 07:17 AM
I continue to monitor this site every morning and evening, still trying to "get to know" everyone. Your reflective posts were all great and each contained something where I saw a little of myself. Off to a new day, new attitude, and a little "all about me". I have found my calling ... I'm going to be the new POP star! Thanks to all of you. Good job to the motivators and loosers and especially to those of you that are doing so well, but not seeing it as much as you would like on the scales. That's when it's the hardest for me to stay in tune with my new lifestyle. Another new pickup manta for me ... an ounce at a time! Everyone have a good day and join the the POP star band! Cindy

Jrny2aNewMe
01-24-2008, 09:06 AM
Good morning all!

Well, by my scale this morning TO brought me a total loss of .7 lbs by my scale this morning. Woohoo! :(. Mind you that is better than the 1 lb gain by COD’s scale yesterday. I was so depressed after I left COD that I cried most of the way home. I was so tempted to eat everything in sight last night, however, I stood strong and ate my chicken and salad and then went on the treadmill for 30 minutes. COD tells me that we are switching to the new plans this week and that they will switch me on Friday, maybe that’s what I need is to change things up and hopefully that will get the sclae moving again. I so desperate to get past that 100 lbs, and yet it remains so elusive.

Karen & Alannah – I too love to watch curling, although I haven’t played for quite a few years. Although all I usually catch of the women’s is the Scott Tournament of Hearts, I do watch quite a bit of the men’s. My favorites are Randy Ferbey (of course) and Brad Gushue. I can’t stand Kevin Martin.

Jillian – Hang in there! Sending you a virtual hug.

Nicole – I just love your posts, They invariably bring a smile to my face.

Have a good day all – here’s to us all being POPstars.

Repo girl
01-24-2008, 09:52 AM
Morning everyone!

Val- Sorry your TO sucked, and that you cried. It is so frustrating, I know. I want you to know that I everytime I look at your ticker I think to myself, "Wow, she is amazing." You are a great inspiration to many others around here. I hope that you know that.

Nicole- Hitting the ganja or what? LOL. Good to see you posting more and feeling motivated. It really made me feel bad that you missed a night of fun because of your feelings about your weight. YOU are not your weight. You are a darling, wonderful girl. You gotta live life now as if you have the perfect body, and the WL will come. Big hugs to you.

I have been POP and exercised for 4 days straight now. I feel so great about that. Everyday I get stronger, staying OP gets easier. I know for sure now why I left my job. I am now back into the mode of taking good care of myself. Preparing healthy food, exercising, reading, meditating. I am taking good care of my kids. They are getting a hot, healthy breakfast everyday, getting out the door on time with all of their stuff, and acting so happy.

***Please note- I have a good friend who is going through a really tough time right now. Her son is a soldier in Iraq who has been charged with murder. He has been in military prison since June, and his trial starts next month. His name is Evan Carnahan. You may have seen some of this on the news. His mom Anna calls me every morning at 7:45 am for a daily Taro reading. She is really needing support and encouragement right now. Think of her, won't you?

Have a wonderful day everyone. We are all worth it!!!!

Dan2112
01-24-2008, 09:59 AM
Sorry to hear that Katie.. We'll definetely keep them in our thoughts!

Morning all.. I feel like crap today.. Went to bed around 8:30 last night shivering like crazy. The weird thing was that the heat was up and usually, I'm NEVER cold.. But I just couldn't stop shivering last night... I didn't have a fever, but I also didn't have any appetite. Had to force myself to have breakfast this morning and I've been in and out of the bathroom..

Considered calling in sick but I've got a ton of stuff to do today work wise, that I know I just wouldn't have any luck trying to get done while staying home sick...

I've also come to a strange realization... So many of you are on plans that Liz and I never had access too after our COD closed last April. There are so many new things going on that I find I have very little to say when it comes to sound advice... I guess the best way to equate it is that y'all are outgrowing me. :lol: Very strange indeed...

Angie
01-24-2008, 09:59 AM
Katie -- I didn't realize that you were a Reiki Master! Funny thing happened to me a few years ago. I went with a friend, before work one morning to pick up some muffins for a meeting. As I was at the cash register the girl behind the till looked at me and asked 'are you pregnant by any chance?'. Normally I'd be mortified, but this was when I was in my best and leanest shape in years, so I knew it wasn't the appearance of my body that made her ask. I answered no, no way was I pregnant -- this was 6-7 years ago and I was single as can be. She said "oh, well, you are going to have a baby boy, and he's beautiful. Maybe not now, but you will." and then she handed me her card, she was a Reiki Master too! You have to keep in mind that at that time, I was very career minded, and I had pretty much made up my mind that marriage and children were not in my future. I just thought of that and what she told me after I read your post the other day...and she was right. Amazing.

michie
01-24-2008, 11:06 AM
Morning peeps! Nothing much to report on my front... other than the fact that I hate my job! HAHAHAHAHa! It really isn't funny... because I really do hate it. Had a run in with a not very important member of the faculty and it completely ruined my day! The thought hasn't crossed my mind to ruin my POPness, so I guess it didn't get to me tooooo much. If anyone wants to hire me I'd make a great personal assistant or POP Chef... :)

The weather in San DIego is so annoying! One second it's raining, the next the sun is coming out! Such an inconsistant city. I guess it's better than the snow they're getting in some parts of cali... how are things in your neck of the woods Amy???

Have some major classroom cleaning to do, so I will check in later! Have a POP Day!

Jrny2aNewMe
01-24-2008, 11:15 AM
Katie - Thanks so much for your words. I really needed to hear that today. I guess I get so focused sometimes on how far I have yet to go, that I forgot how far I have already come. However, I have to admit that when I was packing up my stuff to move offices that I ran across some old pictures that people had given me and I couldn't believe what I looked like then - it just didn't seem like me, and that was in clothes that I thought I looked good in at the time!

I want so desperately to reach my goal and join the likes of Dan, Kristi, Tina, Lynn and others that when that goal doesn't seem to be getting any closer it gets so frustrating.

Sorry to be such a downer today folks, but unfortunately many of my friends don't have a weight problem and never have, and I'm afraid just don't understand the struggles. So you guys end up being my sounding board!

Mama Nicole
01-24-2008, 11:42 AM
aw, Val......everyone has days like this. Keep posting......keep talking about it.....it really does help to get you through. :) :hug:

Katie.....you crack me up girl :lol: I laughed out loud about hitting the ganga......and my 12 yo who is faking sick today really thinks I am wacked now :)

Where is Tina, by the way?

Cindy......hang in there with us........I know sometimes it is kind of hard to get to know people in this type of format.........but it is soooo worth it to hang in there :)

And for any of the newbies that may feel on the outskirts.........please don't shy away.........I know when I first started on this forum.......I totally felt like I was intruding.........but I kept posting and now I feel almost like this is my second home :) So, please don't ever feel left out if anyone fails to respond right away.........time is not always on our side :) And, if you need a response......and you aren't getting it.....keep asking. Someone will catch on eventually :)

Ok............how is everyone doing today? I am a bit sore from doing Pilates......but I am going to try to give it a go again at 1:00 p.m. That is the time of day when I have the least amount of kids home......so it is my best chance :)

Also.........some of you have asked how 17 yo DD is doing. She is doing ok........and I can't even believe I am about to type this......but I am going to be a Grandma. I told my mom and sister last night.......and it's not really public yet.......but I'm sure it will be before long. She and her BF are still together.......and she is still in school. The baby is due May 28th. They are both in good health. DH and I plan to help her any way we can. She had thought of giving the baby up for adoption before she told us....but once we told her we were here to help in any way we are able...she quickly changed her mind. Thank goodness for that. Anyway.........I guess that's all about that for now. I have wanted to tell you all since the day after Christmas when I found out.......but the time was not right. I am not thrilled with the circumstances......and me heart just aches for my daughther right now........but I also know that God has a plan.....and this baby was meant to be in our lives.......and I already love her :)

Ok, I really have to go change my laundry..nice transition, huh? But I do have to go...........life goes on, whether I am ready for it to or not :)

Have a great day everyone!!!!
XOXO

Jrny2aNewMe
01-24-2008, 12:19 PM
Nicole - that is so special. I know the timing could have been better for all of you, but once they arrive they are so worth it! Congratulations to you all.

cecil
01-24-2008, 12:19 PM
Ok everyone else be where! I have a rant!
I got pulled over on the way to work this morning. I was going 35 in a 25. Ugh! I was also going to be going to renew my tabs tomorrow when I get paid because I realized they were expired and couldn't afford it till tomorrow. Of course I get pulled over today and get two tickets. one for speeding $75.00 and one for tabs $60.00 seriously! WTF? Not fair. I mean obviously if they are expired there is a reason don't give me something else I have to pay so I can't get them again? What? Ugh! On top of everything else. This made me cry the rest of the way to work and then I couldn't stop once I got here! I am sooo upset. I ruins all my plans. I know it's not that much but it is to me. And it's just the fact of me not being able to afford it right now. Why? Why me? Cry cry cry! Ha!
I want to go home and go to bed! Sleep for days!
Thanks for listening.

bayoubelle68
01-24-2008, 12:53 PM
Nicole - I am so happy that you and DH are chosing to support your DD through this. So many parents don't, chosing instead to punish a lapse in judgement by turning their backs on their daughter. It happens SO often. Your DD is very blessed to have parents who love her so much. In one of Rick Warren's books, he says that NO child is an accident. God planned on this baby all along - maybe not at this time or in this way, but He formed this child with His hands and He already loves her. How can we second-guess Him?

Repo girl
01-24-2008, 12:53 PM
Nicole- Holy cow!!!! You are such and awesome mom for being so good with her. Thank goodness she has you.

Cecilia- Oh, so sorry about your crappy morning. Hopefully your day will go up from here.

Angie- Yeah, I have been a Reiki Master for about 10 months. I always been very intuitive, and I have finally found a way to use my gifts. My sisters and I opened a small clinic in November where we practice Reiki, Massage Therapy, Life Coaching, Crystal Therapy, Aura Readings, and several forms of divination such as Tarot and Runes. All 4 of us are Reiki Masters, along with all of us haing other gifts that allow us to serve our clients. We only work on Saturdays. I love it so much. I really wish that I could make it a full time job. Maybe someday. I have gotten really into Reiki on animals. I am trying to figure out how to get in to doing Reiki for the local zoos and the wild animal park a few miles down the road from me. I usually work for free, the cool experiences that I receive far outweigh cash payments. However, it would be nice to start making enough to pay the rent at our clinic. Right now we each pay $70.00 per month out of pocket. Not a lot, really.

Val- That is what we are all here for!

Michie-It has been well below zero all week here. I would love some of your rain. Send me some, pretty please!

Dan- Hope you get feeling better.

Okay, I had better go make lunch. The thundering herd is getting hungry!

pjbeau
01-24-2008, 01:18 PM
Good morning !

I am working very hard today to get back on that POP wagon. So far..so good.

Nicole - I love you! Congratulations! I've been where you are...well actually where your DD is. I had great parents who, while disappointed, were very supportive. I was a lost teen...never really fitting in at school...didn't have a clue what I wanted to do with my life...my little girl changed everything and I grew up quick. She is grown and moved out now and probably has no idea that everything I am today is because of her. Oh..and my Mom..well the sun still rises and sets on my DD. While the circumstances aren't the most desired, she is lucky to have you...enjoy this time and help your DD have the best pregnancy experience possible.

Cecelia - Sucks that you get stopped right before you take care of the business...at least you don't live in Florida, the speeding ticket alone would cost you $157! Hang in there...you will be okay...just breathe.

Dan - oooh...sounds yucky...feel better soon.

Shout outs to everyone else...hope you have a great day!

cecil
01-24-2008, 01:30 PM
Nicole,

I have been where you daughter is as well. We also discussed adoption. But in the end we got to keep the blessing my parents were supportive as well. I was 18 by the time I had him. And he was actually due on 6/6 but I had him 5/28! Same day as her due date! This is going to for sure be a very emotional time for her she is lucky to have you there with her! Such a good mama!

Katie and Paula, Thanks for the kind words... I am finally getting over it. You know the initial.. WHAT AM I GOING TO DO???? Ha! I am over it!

Hope we all have a great POP day!

lizababe
01-24-2008, 01:34 PM
Nicole - My heart is with you and your family now :) I agree with the rest that I'm happy you support your daughter 100%! I was 17 when Mini-Me was born and I had no back up from my family. Her Dad and I married and divorced a few years later so I have done it all on my own. I'd never say it was easy, but I wouldn't change anything either. While you still have to parent your daughter, remember to let her parent her baby. Don't take it all on yourself as I can tell you tend to do! We're always here for you!

ferrarimomof2
01-24-2008, 02:13 PM
Hey everyone,

I have been out of pocket with everything going on. I am sorry that I have not caught up on the posts. I will try to get caught up. I have not been to my COD in 2 1/2 weeks. My scale here says I have been loosing. I am going to go to COD in the morning. I was POP yesterday. That is the first time since January 10th. I am glad that my mouth is almost back to normal. I can at least chew some now. Nothing hard but beans and rice is not hard.

My FIL is still in ICU but seems to being doing better. Thanks to everyone for the concerns and prayers.

Well, I better go get the house cleaned up before I have to go pick up DS. My hubby comes home tomorrow. And I can't wait. He has been in Malaysia on business.

I will try to check in later. Have a POP day.

bradleys mom
01-24-2008, 04:07 PM
but I also know that God has a plan.....and this baby was meant to be in our lives.......and I already love her :)

Nicole, I am so glad you typed that in your post... If not for DS coming along, I wouldnt have started going to school, DH would probably be an alcoholic by now and I would not be losing weight... When we found out I was pregnant, (right after the honeymoon, yikes!) We moved out of the place where we had a roommate, (who wasnt exactly a good example for us) We found our own place, I quit smoking and DH quit drinking. We have had a major life change all because of that little boy with those big blue eyes!

Lynx
01-24-2008, 04:14 PM
Nicole,
Sweetie, we have known how special you are and you always told us how special your DH is , but now we understand even more. I know that this "special gift, special child" will be so loved. Take care and thank you for sharing the news with us.

Lynn
Stabilization (formerly Plan 2 with lites)
Original goal of 50 lbs lost - accomplished
Revised goal of 65 lbs lost - accomplished

Lynx
01-24-2008, 04:20 PM
Nicole - one more thing
This is your assignment from me and everyone else here
This weekend you will make time and go shopping and you will buy two sweaters or tops and pants so that you are ready the next time that DH asks you to go out somewhere. You don't have to spend a lot of money. I am sure you know of thrift stores in your area where you can find very nice, maybe even name brand clothes for very little money. Go do it. I did this as I was moving down the weight loss ladder. If you don't do this on your own, I will volunteer to drive to your house and take you out shopping myself. I am serious.

Lynn
Stabilization (formerly Plan 2 with lites)
Original goal of 50 lbs lost - accomplished
Revised goal of 65 lbs lost - accomplished

Repo girl
01-24-2008, 04:30 PM
I second that!

Mama Nicole
01-24-2008, 04:52 PM
thank you so much ladies :) :hug: You are all so good to me :)
XOXO

slim n trim
01-24-2008, 09:46 PM
[QUOTE=equinetcan;2016403]
On a happier note - Karen - must be a Canadian thing cause although I have never played I absolutely love curling. More the mens than the women's at times as they seem to leave more rocks in play sometimes and that makes for more interesting and difficult shots but I watch both. The Scott, the brier and if broadcast the Worlds. I like some of the skins too but it depends on who is playing. Can't stand Colleen Jones (but that comes from living in NS for awhile and knowing someone who played with her) and my favorite mens player is Jeff Stoughton. I can't wait for the big tournaments to start up soon.QUOTE]

to funny Alannah ..... I can't stand Colleen Jones either - its cause of the way she chews her game, and the way she makes such a big production about her shots.... My favourite team is Kelly Law and Kelly Scott from BC, and Stephanie Lawton from SK. As for the men, I don't like Kevin Martin or Jeff Stoughton, I really enjoy Brad Gushue and Glenn Howard, and Ferbey.

Anyway, hope everyone is having a great day. Got my excersise in today, and didn't do to badly with food choices ..... yeah me.....

right now just anxiously waiting for some news .... a very dear friend of ours is competing in Nashville at the Colgate Country Showdown ---- hoping to get his break as a Country Star..... he is very good.

Everyone have a great night.

Angie
01-24-2008, 10:10 PM
A quick one..

TOM arrived today, which explains alot...for some reason (i never was very good at math) I thought was due in another week or two. Kinda makes wish I hadn't made the McD's stop yesterday in frustration because the scale hadn't moved...I should have been celebrating that it hadn't gone up! C'est la vie...

Nicole -- Congratulations! You are going to be a terrific grandmother and support for your DD. My mother was just 18 when she had me, and it's only thanks to the support she had from my grandparents that things worked out so well for us. This child will be so special in your lives, and I know she's being born into the perfect family for her.

michie
01-24-2008, 10:28 PM
Hello girls and boys! It has been a LOOOOOOONG day, I can't even keep my eyes open... but here I go!

Nicole- Yay! A baby! That is so exciting! The best part is that your DD is due on my BDAY! I notice dumb things like that.. loL! Congrats! Spoil the heck out of that baby!

Cecilia- A ticket??? Yuck! Ewgh! I hate tickets! I have never had one, but I've heard stories... they're never good ones!

Katie- Freakin A! I have never been anywhere below like 20 degrees... you are stronger than I. I will stop complaining now because you definitely win! :)

I had a POP day... but I didn't get in all of my food and now I'm exhausted! Oops! Going to WI tomorrow... hopefully it's okay! Will surely let you all know! Have a great night and be POP!

amylou7777
01-24-2008, 10:28 PM
Nicole- I know things must be difficult for you, but I'm so glad to hear you and DH are seeing the positive side of this. DD and her baby are so lucky to have such a loving family.

Angie- McDs?!? TOM?! Yikes! I know you can power through this next week- back to POP!!

Good to see you Dionne! Hope you are able to eat solid foods soon- glad DH is back with you after his trip.

Wow Katie- your clinic sounds so interesting. But I definitely think you should at least be asking for donations! ;)

Hi Michelle! Are you ready to stay POP this weekend? I'm sorry you don't like your job, or the people at your job. That always makes it hard. It's raining non stop up here too. I lived in SD for 4.5 years-that city sure isn't built for rain!! Hope you are staying dry!!

Ok- watching a movie with dbf....

night night! POP dreams to you all...

amylou7777
01-24-2008, 10:30 PM
Posting at the same time Michelle! Hi!

Cecilia- I just read about your tickets. Believe me, I understand what it feels like when the bills keep piling up for no good reason. Don't dwell on it- it will get better!!

michie
01-24-2008, 10:31 PM
OMG! HI AMY!!! ::that's me getting excited like a kid:: :D

Mama Nicole
01-25-2008, 09:45 AM
Happy Friday, everyone :)

Today is the day to stay strong and build a better you!!!! We can do this!!!
XOXO

Mama Nicole
01-25-2008, 10:10 AM
WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chiquita623
01-25-2008, 10:12 AM
Good Morning Fellow Losers!! Hope everyone has a fantastic Friday today. Seems like it's been a long, stressful week for me. I haven't done well with the eating the last couple of days and I feel really bloated and fat today. You know, just icky in general. Oh well, I will do my best to stay focused the rest of today and tomorrow I will get out of bed with all intentions of being POP!!!

Nicole - I have been in your shoes twice. Once with my daughter 9 years ago when she was a freshman in college and about a month later my son told me his girlfriend was expecting. My daughter had the baby and continued through college. I took all my vacations around her schedule so that I could keep the baby so she could study and get through school. Now she is in law school, doing great and expecting baby #2. Granted she still has a year of law school left so I will once again be scheduling my life around hers and the baby's but that is a sacrifice I am glad to make in order for her to become self sufficient person. Now I have such a bond with her first born that he thinks of my house as his. I tried my best not to interfere and let her be the mom but it is difficult. Our mothering instincts never go away. We just need to bite our tongues and go into another room when they snap at us or decide they know more than we do about child rearing (even though we've been through it and they are just rookies at it). Like us, they have to learn as they go. You will make an awesome grandmother and love this baby with no reservations. Just from talking to you on this board, I know you have a heart as big as the world. This has gotten rather lengthy and I really didn't mean for it to. I just wanted to tell you that everything happens for a reason and God had decided that this baby should be born into your family because you have the greatest capacity of love in your heart. When you get discouraged or need to vent or talk, please know that we are all here for you and love and support you in this as in everything. Just like you are doing for your daughter.

Katy66
01-25-2008, 10:23 AM
Happy Friday! I was in my class yesterday and didn't have a moment to check. Off to COD for my WI later....I was doing great this week until last night and after a fairly stressful day of class I indulged in some liquid fruit. Keep your fingers crossed it didn't screw me up too bad:)

I've read all the posts but not a lot of time this am for personals. I did want to say to NICOLE, you and your DH are great parents and are doing exactly what your daughter needs. As someone said I know the timing isn't great but every baby deserves a wonderful family like yours! Congratulations!

pjbeau
01-25-2008, 11:09 AM
Good Morning!! Just a quick drive-by HEY! :wave::wave: ;)

I am embarassed, but I have to admit that I have already blew being POP or even OP for today. Must be hormones...I had this overwhelming craving for really bad stuff...and I caved. Sometimes I am so weak. :dunno: I will make myself do extra time on the treadmill tonight, but I don't think it will be enough. :stress:

Hope everyone else has a better day.

Katy66
01-25-2008, 11:19 AM
Don't fret too much Paula, it happens:)

WI was not as good as I had hoped, I'm down a lb but I think I have some retention factors of all kinds going on. Hopefully next week will be better:)

Bye for now!

chiquita623
01-25-2008, 11:22 AM
Paula I have already been off plan this morning too. I stopped at Hardees and got a Low Carb Breakfast Bowl. Now I feel bloated and icky. Let's make a pact that we will be on plan the rest of today. Okay?

amylou7777
01-25-2008, 11:23 AM
Morning all!

Nicole-you are right, now is the time to be strong! It is Friday afterall....I can't wait to hear updates on DD and baby. Do you already know it's a girl? Can't wait to hear the name selections. I know you will shower this baby with love, and I pray that your relationship with DD gets stronger throughout the coming months. She needs you now more than ever.

I am totally late for work!

Paula-bad girl!!! Ok that is your kick in the butt-the rest of the day better be POP missy!! ;)

Hi Laurie- wow, congratulations on putting yourself aside to do what was best for your daughter and DGS. I'm sure your DD is thankful.

Hi Katy!

Well, scale was down again today! Don't get to move the ticker til tomorrow though. My brother will be here this evening to spend the night before heading back up to college. I have a few goodies planned for dinner/dessert-so I have to save a few exchanges which will be hard- but such is the life of POP!! I hope I make it through this weekend bc if I can, I know I will be on the right track to 229!!

Have a wonderful Friday everyone!!

cecil
01-25-2008, 11:27 AM
Hi! Everyone! My TBL video finally came and I did it last night.... Yeah! I decided that level one would be tooo wussy for me so I went straight to level two! Boy that was a mistake! Oh well I will know next time! Right?
Have any of you ever excercised and then felt overwhelmingly sick afterwards well that is what happened to me last night I did my 5 min warm up 10 min cardio and 5 min cool down. Then I decided I should eat that might make me feel better??? Then I ate and felt worse so needless to say I went right to bed and didn't have any more of my food for the day so I wasn't pop yesterday.... sad! Hope everyone has a great day!

michie
01-25-2008, 11:55 AM
Are you doing Power Sculpt Cecilia? I have been on level one for the past week (doing the six week program..) and I was getting bored, so I went to level three! Bad idea! It almost killed me. Good luck with yours!

You girls that have been a little off plan this morning.. just remember that one slip up won't set you back at start. Just turn it around and be POP for the rest of the day. You will feel so much better working towards doing that rather than feeling bad about making not so great choices. You can do this!

I have an event tonight that I am planning... I am getting the food from Pat and Oscars, it's like italian food, because I can get a family meal that comes with salad... not just pizza. So I can have something to eat tonight. I will not eat pizza or pasta. I do not want it. Wish me luck! Cecilia I am going to do my BL DVD now because of you! Thanks for the motivation! POP!

Jrny2aNewMe
01-25-2008, 12:01 PM
Happy Friday everyone!

Well my scale was down .6 this morning, now we just have to see what it is at COD this afternoon. I also should get the info on the numbered plans this afternoon. I am kind of excited about it, hoping that maybe a change will help get the old sclae moving again, but on the other hand I'm also scared that it will stall it even more. Oh well, I guess time will tell.

bradleys mom
01-25-2008, 12:08 PM
Michie - I am eating Pizza! Not the best choice, but I am counting the slices as they are listed in the Restaurant section of the Free to Live menu booklet. Not the best choice, but I need some flavor before I REALLY cheat. Also I am sneaking in my own FF dressing for the salad and I am planning on eating a HUGE salad! I was lazy from being sick and went to bed last night without cooking any of my food for today. My ear is completely stopped up today and I cant hear anything. I keep saying, "Huh" to my coworker.

YAY AMY! I knew you would go down!! Cant wait to see your new number on your ticker! I stayed steady at 234.8 this morning.

You know what...After just typing that number...I realize I want to stay below 235, so I think I will have a grilled chicken salad from Wendys instead... I am going to be GOOD!

See I get inspired from this bored even when I am typing to myself! I love it!!! lol

Repo girl
01-25-2008, 12:11 PM
Cecilia- When you exercise your body releases toxins that your muscles and lymph glands are storing. Sometimes it can make you feel sick. Drink plenty of water to help your body get rid of the junk.

Nicole- That is right! Let's power up for a POP weekend!

Paula and Laurie- One slip up does not mean that the whole day is shot. Jump back onto the wagon!

Amy- You can do it!!!

Angie- Hi!

Well, working on day 6 of being POP and exercising. Not a problem, right? RIGHT! School is out again, so I have extra kids for a few hours todayl. I have 15 right now. Luckily 4 of them will be gone by 1:00. If we can just get through lunch time we will be fine.

Have an excellent day everyone! You are doing wonderful things for yourselves.

Dan2112
01-25-2008, 12:25 PM
Hey gang...

Well, I'm in to "day 2" of being sick.. I think I have some kind of minor stomach bug.. I don't have a fever, but just feel weak and have absolutely ZERO appitite. I hate forcing myself to eat, but at least I'm staying away from OP items...

Speaking of forcing myself to eat, it's almost 10:30 and I've yet to have breakfast.. Guess I'd better root around for something to chow on...

Have a good day all!

aguerin
01-25-2008, 12:47 PM
Hello all. I guess its a little late for Good Morning.

For those of you who had a wake up call on little ones, I admire your decisions. Nichole you will be a great granda. I would like to be a grandma, but not now. My boys are to young for that (I hope). They get "the" speech every week. LOL

Sending out Hugs and Strength to those of you who need it with life situations and staying POP.

I am in day 2 of TO w/o lites. I just added some additional protein to cover for them. I think 6 oz will be enough. Any thoughts on this? I am doing good so far today, but the evening is not here yet. I usually want my yogurt and fiber one in the after noon for a sweet snack. I need this to get re-focused and to remove the little cheats.

BarbaraB
01-25-2008, 01:01 PM
Katie, 15 kids! Yikes, that would be more than I could handle. I love kids, but some people are better at enforcing order than I am.

Nicole, All babies deserve to be welcomed into this world with joy, so you are totally doing the right thing. I can see where that news might make it hard to focus on your diet plan for awhile though. I hope you are feeling settled and not feeling like it reflects on you as parent that this happened, as it is usually the good girls who end up "surprised" like this.

Cecilia, I hope you are feeling better about the tickets. Really those amounts are very reasonable! Oregon's cheapest ticket is like 98$ for not fastening your seatbelt, and it just goes up from there... and if you get caught in a construction zone or safety corridor or school zone, double everything... You have motivate me... I've got to drag out that TBL dvd and do it again. I think I have a different one (one with Bob and Kim) and I like it because you can pick different workouts and build a routine from it. Sorry it made you sick... after having a bad day with tickets and all.. perhaps all the stress of that and the shock of a new exercise program just ganged up on you.

Michie, I've been down to San Diego when it was raining, and you guys are so funny about the rain. People in Oregon tend to ignore rain, since it is raining here a lot. I guess we are funny that traffic actually slows down due to "sun glare" should the sun actually come out of hiding in the winter. People's eyes just can't adust. Actually I have a trip down there in about a month, I think we are having a training meeting at a resort in Coronado. I hope the weather is nice then.

Amy, So glad that the scale is moving for you again. I think that red plan is working better for you. It is always surprising that more food works better, as your first instinct when you are not losing is to cut more.

Val, Perhaps a change in program will just keep you interested and motivated to continue. I know you want to hit the 100, but you've already come so far and are undoubtably much healthier. For those who stalled on the new plan, it was only for a short time. I think when you eat more carbs you retain a bit of water, so even if you don't lose for awhile, it will be water weight.. The numbered plans seem more in line with what they say you should be eating.

Paula and Laurie, just get right back on plan... You can do it.. the rest of today still "counts".

I was so busy at work yesterday that I was unable to post... but I guess I actually need to earn what they pay me, so I can't complain too loudly... I better get back to work... still a lot to do.

cecil
01-25-2008, 01:50 PM
Thanks everyone for caring about me! I appreciate it! I do feel alot better about the tickets I picked up some extra Over time to cover it. ugh! Ha! I am going to try the video again tomorrow.
Katie what you said about the toxins makes sense. And barb I appreciate your thoughts! You gals are all so great! Oh yeah and you too Dan! HA! I don't know what I would do without you all!

Repo girl
01-25-2008, 03:10 PM
Hi guys. For as many kids as I have today, things are going extremely well. They are all being so good. Lunch is over, now I am working on getting the last two toddlers to sleep. Most of them crashed as soon as I layed them down. I am having a good day too. I feel great, doing so well on plan. Also, I got some extra money, thank you universe, so that makes me feel better too.

Keep going everybody, you are doing fine!

Mama Nicole
01-25-2008, 03:12 PM
Cecilia......I think having to pay for registration every year is STUPID!!! Here in Missouri, we have to pay personal property taxes on our vehicles, pass an emissions test, and pass a safety inspection each year in order to get our tags. The bad thing about that is, if for some reason your car doesn't pass one of the inspections.......you cannot get a temporary tag until you can fix it......and let me tell ya....I have had my issues with that. I got a ticket for my tags last summer with EMIL in the car with me..........oh the shame. And it is one of those laws of nature........if you are going to get a ticket.....is absolutely MUST be in a week when you don't have the funds. I am glad for you that overtime is available. Good luck dear!!!
XOXO

Mama Nicole
01-25-2008, 03:14 PM
That is awesome, Katie :) Funny how some days go that way. I tell ya......when I did daycare.......the kids were soooo well behaved compared to my own little hoodlums :lol:
XOXO
P.S. can you tell the universe to stop over at Ceclia's house...and then mine if she has time ;)

Repo girl
01-25-2008, 03:25 PM
Sure thing!

Repo girl
01-25-2008, 03:26 PM
Oh, and my own kids are the naughtiest kids at daycare, hands down. Why is that?

Mama Nicole
01-25-2008, 03:40 PM
it's the darn heart strings...........

lizababe
01-25-2008, 04:26 PM
Well shoot... I had a nice long personals post and when I hit "post" I got "page cannot be found" and I guess it didn't go through.

Dan - I hope you feel better very soon

All losers and POP stars great job!

Hi everyone!

Barbara - I moved to San Diego from Portland and I remember getting so frustrated at traffic there. People crashed when it was sunny and I used to make comments on the air "Yes, that magical bright orb in the sky is the sun. We don't see it often but please pull over to look at it." Rain down here is different though.. it doesn't rain, it POURS. It hits my roof so loud we can't hear the tv without blasting our eardrums! Then it's over and everything is bright and sunny again like it is right now.

I have a WI today and we'll see how it goes. I've been POP and I've been using a pedometer to measure my steps and make sure I have at least 5000 a day if it's a day that I can't get out for my jaunt with the dog. I don't think my sclae is working right because it says I've gained a lb since I laid down for a nap. Yea obsessive.

Have a great night everyone and good luck with all of those temptations! Friday nights have always been junk food/movie night for Mini-Me and I so it's the hardest of all of them for me. I already have the air popper and I can't believe it's not butter spray ready to go for my own snack tonight. We're going to watch our Heath Ledger movies A Knights Tale and 10 Things I Hate About You for our tribute I guess.

Wish me luck with COD!

Repo girl
01-26-2008, 08:38 AM
Morning everybody! Here is to another fantastic day! Let's all have weekends that we can be proud of, okay?

GL to all of you Kmart challenge ladies at WI today!

bayoubelle68
01-26-2008, 09:37 AM
Going to WI this morning and not looking forward to it. I've not been my best. It's not so much what I'm eating as what I'm NOT eating and it's all stress-related. We have GOT to sell our old house!! I'm completely stressing over it! We've been paying two mortgages since July and things are starting to get pretty tight - tighter and tighter with each passing month.

Oh, well. I still have to go see what damage I've done and try to get back on track!

Tuesday Cool
01-26-2008, 10:46 AM
Please note the change on my ticker. Down 1# this week. Actually, 1.5 but I am giving myself the .5 next week. We all seem to play some level of mind games and that is mine.
Off the be POP again. T

michie
01-26-2008, 10:52 AM
Yet again I wake up on a Saturday morning at 7 am! Ugh! I wish I could sleep in for once. Anyway... Good Morning! I had a pretty interesting day yesterday... went to WI and I was up again, despite being POP and working out daily. Why? I just don't get it. I was really disappointed and then proceeded to not make very great food choices. Curse you pizza...

Barbara- A resort in Coronado??? Your job must really like you! Lucky! Hopefully the drivers are nice while you're here too... because they can get just plain stoooopid sometimes.

Felicia- GL w/ the WI!

Katie- Have a good weekend w/o the charges! (right??? your daycare is only during the week?)

I have tons of homework I need to finish up before my class ends tomorrow! So I will be spending my day doing that. I am going to Kmart though. I am going to cry if I didn't go down! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! I will try to check in with all of yous later! Have a POP weekend!!!

cecil
01-26-2008, 11:39 AM
Good morning all!
Happy Weekend!
Hi Michelle, Tuesday, Felicia and Katie!
I went to WI this morning and I was a down 1 lb. Finally. Now I have a very challenging weekend coming up. We have our work Holiday party tonight and one of my friends is coming to town for a week and a half. And we definately like to enjoy some liquid starches and fruits! I am sooo nervous about gaining and I seriously hate having to watch what I am drinking. Blah!
Anyway I hope you all have a great weekend. back to work. And Over time. yuck!

bradleys mom
01-26-2008, 01:38 PM
YAYYY Cecilia!! I told you that you could do it!

Well I was only down 3.0 at the Kmart weigh in..Boooo! I hate their scales! But I am looking for better numbers next week.

cecil
01-26-2008, 04:06 PM
Kim that was a great loss! Good job!
I just wish I could get past 180 then I can go down a plan!
I can't wait!

Tuesday Cool
01-27-2008, 09:54 AM
Good morning losers! Today is another day. I woke to dank and rainy. sounds like a perfect day for split pea soup. I have this great cheat for making soup. Trader Joe's sells mirepoux (celery, carrots, and onion all chopped up) in a quart container. I use that as the base for all my soups. Save lots of time chopping. Just toss into the crock pot and by evening you have a nice veg filled LF soup. For my split peas soup I use two containers, 4 clove garlic, 2oz LF low sodium ham (from TJ's), 1.5 packs chicken broth, 1 pack peas, oregano, basil, thyme, and cracked pepper. Cook on high for 2 hours then turn down for the remainder. Add salt to taste when serving. 1 cup equals 3 veggies by the LAWL cookbook. but I usually call it 1V & 1S for 3/4c. Very warm and filling, great the next day. T

zambejaly5
01-27-2008, 11:33 AM
Lettie -- Sorry to hear there's a bully at work. Do you think it would help to confront her and ask if there is some reason she treats you that way? She might back off if she knows she doesn't intimidate you. Or she might punch you in the nose...but I hear talking things out works..lol

actually all he!! broke loose friday. it all came to a head...... and no she wouldn't punch me in the nose. she is not that kind a bully. she is in her 60s! and it is all mental games. it finally got so bad friday that we had to both go sit down with our boss and hash it out. at which point she just got defensive and whinny. She said she never did anything, she likes me, doesn't know why I don't like her, she would ever do any of the things that ...... EVERYBODY IN THE KITCHEN has seen her do and say. And then said to our boss, "well if you want my 2 weeks notice I will give it to you" And my poor boss. she just shakes her head. She pulled me aside later and told me that this lady does this alot. and never really quits. She said next time she threatens she is going to hand her the resignation papers and say, "either do it or stop saying you will" The rest of the day was tense and horrible. We ended it in the bosses office saying we were sorry, and that it was over and we were not going to take it outside the office. But then about an hour later she was in the bathroom crying and really didn't talk to anyone the rest of the day.

I realized she is exactly like my mom, EXACTLY. I have three sisters and no brothers and my mom will talk bad about the other sisters to one of us. and pit one against the other. and she says things that are a put down, but in a tone that she can always come back and say that wasn't how she ment it if called out on it. and just like this lady, when confronted, turns everything on herself, ....crying saying, I never would do anything to anyone, I don't know why nobody likes me...."blah blah blah. And it has taken most of my almost 40 years..(yeah....40.... this oct. yuck!) to realize, that my moms goal is not to bully or make someone else hurt it is to make herself feel elevated, because her own self esteem is so low, that the only way to feel better is to feel that others are lower. you know, typical bully syndrom.

So work is oppressive..... but I have to remind myself that of the nine of us that work there, 5 love me and are on my side and have said they are sick of how she treats people. of the other three. I know one is her buddy, and the other could go either way, so I am just guarded. It was a strange week, and made for a strange eating week. I have been home for 17 1/2 years with my kids. and thought it was time to try something different. but with weeks like this I really wonder.

zambejaly5
01-27-2008, 11:49 AM
oh my Nicole.......... I have seen you as my mirror image since I started on here. we are about the same age, same height, same weight, both have 5 kids, both SAHMs, and now you call yourself Grandma!!!! yikes. I am having enough time dealing with turning 40 this year!! I can't imagine being a Grandma!!!! You seem to be taking it all in stride. I am not sure I could be so level headed! The school I work at is a Jr High. so grades 7 & 8. we have a very pregnant girl right now. I am sure she must be due sometime this summer. Can you imagine having a baby before you start High School! she has to be 14 or 15. that is just crazy!

I wish your daughter and the whole family all the best. and I am so glad that she has such a loving mommy.

Repo girl
01-27-2008, 12:56 PM
Going to WI this morning and not looking forward to it. I've not been my best. It's not so much what I'm eating as what I'm NOT eating and it's all stress-related. We have GOT to sell our old house!! I'm completely stressing over it! We've been paying two mortgages since July and things are starting to get pretty tight - tighter and tighter with each passing month.

Oh, well. I still have to go see what damage I've done and try to get back on track!

Felicia- Write down how much you will sell the house for, and the date by which you intend for it to be sold. Put in the fridge and say that to yourself daily. Something like this, "I am so happy and grateful that I have gotten _____$ for my old house, and that it sold by __________, 2008." It is all about the law of attraction, and it really works. Promise!

Repo girl
01-27-2008, 01:09 PM
Tuesday- Great job!

Michelle- Yeah, I only work on weekdays. I am having a wonderful weekend. How about you?

Cecilia- Good luck with the drinking. That is one of my weaknesses too.

Kimberly- 3 lbs?! Great job!

Lettie- Wow, what a day, huh? Good for you for standing your ground though.

I am working on day 7 of being POP, with exercise. What a good feeling. I am still above my ticker weight, but I am moving towards it, anyway.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!

Karen
01-27-2008, 02:27 PM
Hi Everyone,
I used to post in this thread a few years ago. I was one of the first ones posting in the Bio thread. But anyway, I don't live very close to the LA center anymore, and I was wondering if anyone had a copy of the gold or blue plan that they would be willing to part with.

whatazoo
01-27-2008, 03:49 PM
Hi all, hope everyone is having a good weekend. I went on hold last week. Has been a stressful last few weeks at work (going through alot of changes) and at home. My dog that has has a couple surgeries on her back in Oct and Nov isn't doing as well as I would like. And I know that I haven't been making good choices foodwise, nor have I been doing any exercising for the most part. This is the time I need to go to the COD, but I just didn't want to deal with them last week. Plus, last Monday, my car wouldn't start - guess it didn't like 22 below zero either! LOL. Looks like Katie got our cold weather after it left us, and now we are looking at below zero again the beginning of this week. Ah well...

I do have a non-diet related question for Katie. Do you think Reiki would help my dog with her recovery from back surgery? She is going through water and physical therapy as well as adding supplements - she eats just as good if not better than I do! But I think anything else I can do wouldn't hurt. I hadn't ever heard of it, and knowing this town, I don't know that I will find anyone that practices it, but I will certainly search if you think it would help.

I'm thinking that I have about 4 weeks left of weight loss. I am feeling pretty comfortable where I am, so I don't know how much more I 'really' want to lose. I guess I will finish off the weight loss weeks and then head into stabilization no matter where my weight is.

Thanks for 'listening'.
Stephanie

GrandmaCindy
01-27-2008, 04:54 PM
Nicole: You've been in my thoughts. My then 17 year old daughter was having medical problems and her doctor exhausted all out-patient things he could think of and admitted her to the hospital. Two mornings later, dressed in teddy bear pjs, stuffed animals around, and balloons in the air, the visiting weekend doctor stopped by to let us know he thought he'd found the cause of the different problems ... she was pregnant. I passed out right on the spot and life wasn't the same again! I knew within an hour grandparents and everyone from church would be stopping by the hospital when church let out and all I wanted was to get her (and me) home and crawl in a hole. A grandmother at 36?? We had "the talk" many times and I didn't even know she was sexually active. I went through the "what did I do wrong" phase and the "scarlet letter" treatment from some family and friends, but together we got through all things associated. My ex was a big pain in the butt and absolutely no help, the sperm donor as I call him was young and irresponsible himself, but through yard sale shopping and working an extra job, we made it. She finished her junior year, had him over the summer, and went back to finish her Senior year. It is not the way I would have designed her life at the time, but God does have a plan so we don't have to worry about ours. She married when my grandson was five years old, and I was able to happily give my only daughter a wedding that I thought would never happen. One of my friends (who did the "can you believe it" reaction all over creation) told me a few years later that she had another friend with a daughter in a similar situation that turned her back on her daughter, and she just wanted me to know how great she thought I was to stick by her the way I did. Hats off to you and your DH as you give her your support in the days ahead. It won't always be easy, but the "rewards" are awesome. Best of luck! Cindy

Joni135
01-27-2008, 07:48 PM
Wow - I was offline for the past four days and all sorts of stuff happened. I'm out of the KMart challenge because I did not lose 2 lbs in 2 weeks, but I'm still in this game. My orientation for the new job went well and tomorrow I will go into the office for more initial new hire stuff (training, laptop, etc.). I'm a little anxious about the new job and had a mediocre diet weekend to soothe my nerves (any excuse to have a little cheat here and there!). I'm getting up at 5 AM tomorrow and hitting the gym close to my new office. I'm actually excited to start my day that way.

Nicole - I can only repeat what so many have already said about your DD's situation. She is lucky to have you by her side and HE truly has a plan! Folks on this thread simply amaze me and the outpouring of support and encouragement brought me to tears. You truly are adored around here. Then, I had to keep reading to figure out why you needed some clothes and I read your entry about watching Dr. Oz (I missed that - darn!). Once again, your words were so strong and encouraging.

To all the new folks I haven't acknowledged personally - welcome. I'll be back chatting hopefully by the end of the week. Right now, I'm just exhausted and need to go to bed!

Repo girl
01-27-2008, 08:42 PM
Have a good day tomorrow Joni!

Tuesday Cool
01-27-2008, 09:22 PM
Stephanie, re your dog, I am an RVT (an RN for animals) and I think Reiki, chiropractic or even acupuncture (if you can afford it) would be helpful. When my "old man" was going down hill with degenerative myelopathy I tried everything. He loved the chiropractic sessions and always left with a little more skip in his otherwise foot dragging step.
Also, concerning where you are in your weight loss. Two years ago I was fat, depressed and overwhelmed. I had not weighed myself in years but when I went to needing 2X I knew I was beyond reasonable weight wise. I went to WW and cried when I say my weight. No kidding I could not stay for the meeting. i had to sit in my car and sob. I was 40# over the weight I had guessed on my drivers license which I had though was pretty close.
I joined WW and through hard work and diligence lost 25#. At the time I decided to not push it any further. I was now wearing misses sizes, not "Womens" and felt pretty good. I managed to maintain that loss for 2 years and decided last year that for my 40th birthday I wanted to be a size 14. 14 by 40 was my motto. I joined LAWL because I could not get the the WW meetings and here I am.
I am glad I did my loss in steps. In the long run i know it will help me maintain the loss. plus I was able to get used to the new me before doing it again.
I still wonder into the Womens department and have to remind myself that this is not my section any more. I hope it never will be, again. Not that that size is a problem but I hated myself for not taking control sooner. I never want to hate myself again. Just my 2 cents (over priced at that)

whatazoo
01-28-2008, 08:36 AM
Thanks Tuesday. You have done well. I never liked the number I saw on the scale either. A gal at work had a coupon for LAWL and I just did it. No looking back now. LOL I just wanted to see that certain number on the scale (140) and I don't know that I would ever be able to maintain that number. So I need to do a little soul searching and decide if 150 is a better number for me.