LA Weight Loss - 1/20-1/26 This week I will.........

MTdebster921
01-20-2008, 02:02 PM
I though this would be a good thread to start to make a small weekly goal for ourselves. Maybe if I put it in writing and update it, I will keep myself in check.

This week I am going to be more aware of the condiments that I eat and be accountable for them. I caught myself last night throwing on one more heaping spoonful of FF cool whip on my yogurt. When I actually measured it out, it was 5 tablespoonfuls, not to mention the one that went in my mouth.

I am also going to cut back to 2 cups of coffee a day. If I need to have something hot to drink, I am going to do HLW and hot tea.

Livingmybestlife
01-20-2008, 02:19 PM
Good idea for a thread!

This week I will up my exercise and try to mix things up with my menu. I'm only going on to week 3 and the taste of chicken is already starting to make me gag.
I need some new protein ideas!

Good luck to everyone this week.

Sarah:):)

Repo girl
01-20-2008, 03:29 PM
Wonderful thread Deb, thanks!

This week I will stay POP. I will love my body and want it to be healthy and strong. I will start moving my body for 15 minutes per day.

ChopperChick355
01-20-2008, 04:37 PM
You know same here I need to stay OP for the whole week, but more important I need to get my 30 minutes of exercise in daily, I have really been slacking on the exercise.

Debbie24
01-20-2008, 04:51 PM
Great idea.

This week i will exercise everyday even if its for 10 minutes.

Tuesday Cool
01-20-2008, 06:17 PM
I love the idea of setting a weekly goal.
This week I will write all my food down. I do not have a COD and am almost out of monthly diaries. I developed a word doc. where I can print out a daily diary on a 3X5 card. Small enough to carry around. No excuses.

Repo girl
01-20-2008, 06:23 PM
Okay, so far POP, plus I got more than 15 minutes of exercise in by playing the wii. Dang, my arms are killing me!

GrandmaCindy
01-20-2008, 07:57 PM
Great idea! This week I will measure everything and write it down instead of doing both "sometimes". I will also increase exercise a little over time.
Cindy

lizababe
01-20-2008, 08:43 PM
Good idea for a thread!

This week I will up my exercise and try to mix things up with my menu. I'm only going on to week 3 and the taste of chicken is already starting to make me gag.
I need some new protein ideas!

Good luck to everyone this week.

Sarah:):)

LOL I was just saying this same thing about the protein choices... I'm only going into week two and I'm already sick of chicken!!!

This week I am going to exercise every day as well. If I won't have the time after work with the dog, then I will do a few flights of stairs at least once while I'm at work. Being POP isn't doing me any good without the exercise part!

alwayssmilin
01-20-2008, 08:48 PM
Great thread!

This week I will try to get all my fruit in every day. For some reason I have a hard time with that!

Keep Smiling!

Amy

LizzyW
01-20-2008, 09:25 PM
This week I intend to do a 5 day plateau breaker. I need to get back on track in a big way. I have been slacking so much. Good luck to all this week.

liz

Angie
01-20-2008, 10:56 PM
This week I will plan ahead each day.

JerseyMadchen
01-21-2008, 09:09 AM
This week I will do some more exercising and try harder to get my 4 veggies in every day. I slack SO much!

Katy66
01-21-2008, 09:32 AM
Great idea for a thread. This week I will work time into my busy schedule to exercise..........FOR ME!!!!!!!

okie in il
01-21-2008, 11:00 AM
Great idea Deb.

This week I will exercise every day! I will also (try) ;) stay POP all week.

Repo girl
01-21-2008, 11:08 AM
Okay, yesterday I was POP and exercised. Yeah me!!!!!

Katy66
01-21-2008, 11:44 AM
Way to go Katie!

BarbaraB
01-21-2008, 02:22 PM
This week I will do 5 hours of cardio (two hours in already) and stay POP or as close as I can manage.

Mama Nicole
01-21-2008, 02:31 PM
WTG Katie!!!! You are a POPstar!!!!

This week, I will weigh and measure everything. No more bluffing my starches :)

July19wed
01-21-2008, 03:26 PM
This week I will exercise each day and work with my horse each day. I also need to mix up my foods.

roserph
01-21-2008, 05:04 PM
This week I will try to get in a starch at breakfast (I usually end up saving them for late afternoon/evening, which I was told is a no-no....) Hopefully it will give me some good results :)

Repo girl
01-21-2008, 05:40 PM
Thanks guys! POP today, and I got my exercise in as well.

ScorpioSunshine
01-21-2008, 05:50 PM
~~~~~~~~~

amylou7777
01-21-2008, 08:02 PM
Deb and Grandma Cindy- I love your goals- I need to do both!

My goal for this week is to be absolutely POP-Perfectly on Plan.

I need to write myself a note here reminding myself what POP really means:

Being perfectly on plan means ONLY eating foods that are LAWL approved. Being POP means recording everything I eat w/ their measurements. Being POP means no chips, no random snacks, no adding in extra condiments. Being POP means getting in ALL of my water and taking my supplements.

ok-I'm ready!

lizababe
01-21-2008, 08:43 PM
So far it's a POP day and that includes exercise! Woo hoo! I've been running down to the gym in the building inbetween reports once an hour for 10 min on the elliptical. We'll see how that pays off later in the week!

Katy66
01-22-2008, 10:11 AM
Yesterday I was POP and got in 30 minutes on the treadmill:)

Repo girl
01-22-2008, 10:21 AM
Great job everyone!!

Deb- How is it going for you?

okie in il
01-22-2008, 12:00 PM
Good morning. Was ABSOLUTELY POP yesterday. :carrot::carrot: Even did 3 miles Walk Away the Waistline last night (45 minutes) and 1 mile WATP Express this AM before work. :carrot: I'm getting serious now. Added an exercise ticker to keep me accountable. It's rediculous that I can't get these last few pounds off. I won't be weighing in this week as TOM showed up today.... why discourage myself further.

Amylou - I like the way you listed everything out. It's sooo easy to have a chip then it turns into several. Same thing with extra condiments. It all adds up & that is why I can't get this last bit off. It all counts & I can't seem to get it into my head. It helps to hear someone else say it. I've never wanted to list it like that because it makes you accountable. Way to go!

Katie, Katy66 & Liza - congrats on being POP & exercising.

Hope everyone else is sticking to their goals for this week.

michie
01-22-2008, 12:24 PM
This week I am going to be PERFECT! No extra food, no eye balling my portions, no cheating myself out of exercise! I am going to work out for AT LEAST 1 hour everyday this week. I am going to eat all of my veggies and then some! I am going to plan all of my meals and pack my food for when I'm not home... then I have no excuses! I am also going to have a perfect TO tomorrow and Thursday. Gotta shed some pounds before I go weigh in at Kmart! :-)

bradleys mom
01-22-2008, 03:38 PM
For the rest of this week... I will stay POP and exercise everyday!

Tuesday Cool
01-25-2008, 11:24 AM
Well so far I have kept up with my weekly commitment. I have recorded everything I ate, even when it went over. My little note cards are working like a charm. i keep it in my lunch bag or purse wit a pen attached and record what I eat when I eat it. I also place a small dot in the circle as I pack my foods so I know what exchanges are being filled. That way I do not pack too many of one food group and not enough of another.
I am starting to think about next week's promise. Measure my foods? Exercise every day? Not sure yet. :angel:

Repo girl
01-25-2008, 11:55 AM
Good job everyone!!! So far I have been POP and exercised for 5 days straight, working on day 6.

BarbaraB
01-25-2008, 01:50 PM
So far so good... Good thing I read this, as I still have one more day and one more hour of exercise to make my goal... so tonight I definitely will be spending some time exercising. Think I might drag out TBL tape just to do something different.
I did manage 3 spin classes and 1 hour on the elliptical trainer...

Repo girl
01-27-2008, 12:52 PM
Okay, I am on the last day on my week long promise and I have done so awesome! 6 days in a row that I have exercised and stayed POP. Today I will do the same, and come out on top.

GrandmaCindy
01-27-2008, 04:58 PM
You've been inspiring this week. I didn't quite make writing down and measuring every single thing, but will strive to be like you this week! Good Job and hats off to you!