100 lb. Club - Accountability/Planning/Menus - January 20 - 27

Beverlyjoy
01-20-2008, 09:06 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome! Do you need some accountability? A place to list your plan? A place to list your menu? Support? This is the place to get it!!! We can do this!

Beverlyjoy
01-20-2008, 09:14 AM
Hi folks - I don't feel so shaky with my food plan and determination for health. I've put together several really strong days and feel grateful for that. :)

I realized that I was living for the scale recently instead of living for my life and long term sanity with food. I am stepping back from the scale and am going to try and only weigh every couple of weeks. I don't know if I can do it.

I also realized that when I got my triglycerides down to 176 (from 508) :) - my incentive was "gone" in a way. As if...sane healthy eating isn't good enough. :?: So, now I am focussing on keeping good lab numbers in mind, a sane relationship with food and the scale, meditation and trying to feel good.

After working this week...my back's sore again :( .so, I think I'll go back to the doc to get it checked.

Today's plans

pay the bills
meditation
water, water, water
ice and heat
stretches
hang with hubby

Food -

breakfast - egg white scramble, peanut butter toast, peaches
snack - cooked up flax
lunch - cottage cheese and banana, broccolli & parm cheese, crackers
snack - apple, crackers
dinner - pot roast, carrots, potatoes, onions
snack - cereal, milk, fruit

Ginger - "paying close attention to my body" - wow, that is very cool! :)

cckayac - I love aqua workouts too. Wonderful! :D

Purple - sorry to hear you are struggling a bit. :hug: SO glad your hubby is home. :D You have a good attitude. My hubby was gone for two weeks working - it's hard for me to not want to just sit in the same room as him when he gets back.

I hope you all have a good an healthful day. :carrot::carrot:

Purplefirefly
01-20-2008, 10:39 AM
:woohoo: I DID IT!!!! I DID IT!!!!!:woohoo:

I was absolutely shocked to step on the scale this AM and see it down to 131.2! That is only a lb. from last week...BUT 131 is my 10% goal and I am there! I have lost 10% of my starting weight and have earned my first reward package :D I'm going right now to get the Biggest Loser Cookbook out of my closet (made myself wait until the reward was earned) and when my Jillian DVDs come in I can actually do them, instead of putting them up! I can't wait to shop for a pair of jeans and see what size fits me now :cp: I never thought I would make it this far, so I am proud of myself.

Now, I am close to 230 so I have hopes of 2 lb for tomorrow, but if not that is okay. I am just happy I reached this goal. Now...onward to 20%.

Purplefirefly
01-20-2008, 10:46 AM
I realized that I was living for the scale recently instead of living for my life and long term sanity with food.

I also realized that when I got my triglycerides down to 176 (from 508) :) - my incentive was "gone" in a way. As if...sane healthy eating isn't good enough. :?: So, now I am focussing on keeping good lab numbers in mind, a sane relationship with food and the scale, meditation and trying to feel good.
:

I am so glad you feel more solid with the eating now. I really relate to living for the scale instead of living your life...but for me it is living for food instead of really living each day. My focus used to just be food every single day: what am I going to eat next, how much $$ do I have to spend at the grocery store, what's on sale and how many sweets can I buy without hubby noticing, etc. But you made me realize things have changed in this regard.

As I read what you typed I realized I don't do any of that anymore! I don't worry about grocery shopping, heck some weeks I don't even do it at all, and that used to be the very first thing every payday. I focus more on planning workouts than meals and don't buy sweets at all. We load up on veggies instead, which is a HUGE change. Thanks for helping me realize this progress I never noticed happening.

Can you come up with another goal since the trig. are down? I have no idea what it would be since my moitivating goals are scale goals...but maybe something with exercise?

Beverlyjoy
01-20-2008, 11:03 AM
Purple - first of all....congrats on your weight loss - :carrot::carrot: you'll be at your 10% in a blink!

I am glad that you've had such a positive change in your relationship with food. That is wonderful - such good progress.

Your statement - "but for me it is living for food instead of really living each day." really made me think. I do live for food and think about it alot. (probably too much). I think planning my menu ahead has helped me in that - once it's planned - then I don't have to think about it quite as much.

Don't get me wrong...my goal is still to lose the weight! :) But - I really want it to be part of the picture. In the past - it's just about that number - the scale ruled my head (that's me) - I can't do that any more. I want the number to go down, of course - but, I want it to be part of the whole life plan. That's alot to ask of myself. I keep plodding along.

This week in my Eating & Emotions class - our homework is to write down our food that we eat - is it good, bad, do we feel joy, guilt, or nothing etc. WOW - it really makes me realize how much I measure my food by these standards. Can I have a peice of dark chocolate and really enjoy it without guilt? I scrutinize my food alot often - unless I am binging...then sometimes I just don't care.

Goodness, I am rambling!

As for a new goal - I want to exercise more. Recently - I am dealing with some physical problems with my foot and back. The foot doctor says - no weight baring exercises. The back doctor says no upper body. But, I must just look at this as a bump in the road. Things will improve with time. I am going back to my doctor to have her figure out why my back still hurts and what we can do next.

My goal is to keep those lab numbers healthy and keep a "happy face" :) on my pancreas. Poor thing has gone thru alot with me.

I'll carry on.

mj5
01-20-2008, 06:46 PM
Hi everyone! I'll get caught up w/ you all tomorrow, but just wanted to let you know that we are back. We were caught in a nasty storm for at least an hour....literally drove about 2mph...luckly there were some good drivers in front of us, so we just followed there tracks! Not long after we made it through the bad part, they closed a portion of the highway. SO glad we did not get stranded somewhwere!

Food choices, while not terrible, were not the best this weekend. It's ok though I didn't totally blow it--I actually stayed away from all the pie, cupcakes, cookies, etc my mother in law baked 'for us'.....she meant well, but just doesn't get it! I did drink LOTS of water, which is always good!

Can't wait to sleep in our own bed tonight! Chat w/ you tomorrow!

Purplefirefly
01-20-2008, 07:36 PM
Glad you are home safe, mj!

kissingginger
01-20-2008, 11:35 PM
Hi Everyone!

Okay, so last night was great...nice to get away with hubby and get out with some friends. We went to a local restaurant, and I ordered a chicken wrap with fries and water. I ate most of the wrap, and a few fries. Then my friend and I went to the movies while the guys went home to play guitar hero. We went to see Mad Money and it was nice and light, and kinda funny, and just what I needed! I haven't been to a movie theater in at least a year. I asked if I can substitute water for the pop and she said "sorry no substitutions" like I was a loser. So I ordered the medium popcorn and a water...the difference when she rung it up? .25 cents. Oh for goodness sakes!! .25 cents is better for my health!!!!!!! Anyhow, ended up eating only 1/2 bag of popcorn, which compared with my previous large popcorn (I could eat the whole thing, pop and junior mints) ...I felt I did not too badly.

So overall, eating wise - they weren't the best picks of the restaurant ( I could have ordered a salad instead) and I did eat the popcorn, but I DO feel really good about my choices. In the past I might have also arrived early for the movie, eaten a poutine from NY fries before getting my popcorn and settling in with the pop and junior mints. YOWSERS!

Yes, beverlyjoy - I am paying close attention to what my body is saying today,and so far I didn't do too badly - no major cravings (other than a HUGE craving to actually go out and walk) and I ate on plan.

I did take the kids with me this time in the huge triple stroller, pushing 3 - 29lb kids around.....my arms are going to pay tomorrow!!! I can feel the tension in my shoulders. It's a lot of weight to push around these hilly roads. I can honestly say while I didn't walk as FAST as I normally would without kids, I certainly got a workout pushing the kids. I don't think I've used the stroller for over a year, since they can walk, but I did ask them if they would help mommy "exercise" and they were glad to come with me. So I got about 60 minutes in of good cardio.

Now I'm sipping tea, ready to watch my reality TV.

Night everyone!
Ginger

Beverlyjoy
01-21-2008, 06:39 AM
Hi folks - I had a healthy day yesterday and I am grateful! :) I am done with my meditation and here is my plan for today:

ice & heat
storytelling jobs
take car in for a radiator flush
journal food
stretches
meditation again if time
PMA - positive mental attitude

breakfast - egg white scramble, ketchup, peanut butter toast, 1/2 banana
lunch - turkey and cheese sandwich open face, veggies and light dip
snack - yogurt, flax, cereal
dinner - pancakes, sf syrup, turkey bacon, tomato
snack - cereal, fruit, milk

MJ5 - so glad your home safe and sound. Good for you avoiding so many of the goodies you were faced with. :carrot: That's a big accomplishment!

Ginger - I am glad you and hubby had date night!! Fun. Eating less is an accomplishment. :) We take positive changes any way we can. And that big walk with the huge stroller. Good for you! :carrot:

I am planning on a Great day. :carrot:

Purplefirefly
01-21-2008, 09:41 AM
Ginger--I wouldn't worry about it being a slower walk, you added a great upper arm workout to it and I bet you burned even more calories than a fast walk with your arms just pumping or hanging. Don't you just love those exercise cravings? Those are occurring more often then cravings for food...what a huge shocker, never thought that would happen to ME ;)

Beverly--Glad to hear you had another good day yesterday. I know you'll make today just as healthy.

I am down another 3 lb. today...which was a surprise since I was the same most of the week, went down just 1 yesterday. But it's okay...I'll take 3 ;)

We went last minute to take mawmaw out for her birthday last night. Her favorite place is this greasy little fish place...ya know, one of those mom and pop places where you can smell the grease before you walk in the door. I have never liked these places, but it wasn't my choice. Luckily, I had a lot of calories left for the day. I ordered the grilled chicken breast, the only thing on the menu not fried, and for sides got a salad (which was actually just a bowl of lettuce...literally) and onion rings. I ate the chicken frist, then some of the lettuce, then had 2 big onion rings. I know I was under calories for the day but stopped there. I felt one more ring and I would eat them all...and there was a LOT of them. So I just stopped, came home and put in another 2 hour workout until my stomach calmed down.

My stomach doesn't handle greasy foods that well anymore :cp: I really felt horrible just from those 2 rings, so I learned my lesson. I felt I did really well though. Just smelling all the grease while everyone else ate these huge plates of fried crap about made me sick.

mj5
01-21-2008, 10:01 AM
Good Morning! Hope everyone is doing well today! I packed my lunch today...too cold to even want to go out and pick something else up! I did a one mile watp dvd this am. I plan on going to the gym right after work--arms/shoulder w/ weights and some cardio. I talked to my younger brother last week and he said he would be happy to go to the gym w/ me again and show me some new stuff to do. Can't wait for that!

On our way home yesterday, hubby and I stopped at a shoe store (once we were close to home, the sun was shining and there was hardly any snow!) because we both needed new sneakers. Him for work and me for working out at home. He found three pair on clearance that were really inexpensive. Since he wears a size 14 and it is always so hard to find shoes for him, we bought all 3! I found a good pair for me...I am hoping that will help my knee/foot. We'll see. My knee is still acting up and I know I need to call to get an appt, but I keep putting it off....
Rakel--Great news about the job(s)!!!! What a fantastic position to be in!

Beverlyjoy--Your class sounds really interesting! Good for you for stepping away from the scale--if that is what it does to you, then it is best to stay away from it! It sounds like you have a great 'new' plan!Hang in there w/ all of your aches and injuries---unfortunately, I understand all too well!

cckayac--Hanging a picture in your car is a great idea! I refuse to cook two meals. I have adapted our meals to make healthier versions of some of our favorites. I must admit, there are times when I will just make something the 'old' way (like mac and cheese...although I use whole wheat pasta)....I just keep my portion under control and make sure the sides are healthy. Luckily, my hubby has adapted well!

Purplefirefly--I would certainly not call you lazy!!! Enjoy your time w/ your family. That is SUPER important! You can pick up the exercise once hubby goes back on the road. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Rhonda--How are you?

Nicole--Hope you are doing well!

kissingginger--Great job!

I have to get going, I'm sure I'll pop in later!

GirlyGirlSebas
01-21-2008, 10:02 AM
Good morning and Happy Monday!

Today is weigh-in day for me and I've lost 1.6 pounds! I love starting off my weeks with a loss!

Beverly - I understand about the scales starting to take over. Seems like the scales are a problem for a lot of people. Sorry to hear that your back is bothering you again. Hopefully, it will clear up soon.
Purple - Congratulations on reaching you 10% loss! And, for your 3 pound loss! :carrot:
MJ- So glad you got home safely. And, great job with avoiding the baked goodies!
Ginger - Great job with staying on-plan during your evening out!

Everyone' committment to staying on-plan during special night outs and visits,etc, is very inspiring. On Saturday, I had my first ladies night with he neighborhood ladies. We played Bunko and had finger foods. I planned ahead to stay on-plan, but crashed and burned at the party. We will be having these parties once a month, so I need to plan better and make a better committment for the next one. You all have set a great example for me to follow.

Today, I'll be hitting the treadmill every day and strength training. Plus, I'll begin following Jillian Michael's plan and varying my calorie ranges each day. Hopefully, I can begin posting regular weekly losses of 2-3 pounds. And, reach my goal of 150 sometime this year!

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-21-2008, 10:04 AM
Hi MJ! We posted at the same time.

I hope the new shoes help the knee. I've been having some twinges, too. Nothing that keeps me off the treadmill. Hopefully, that won't happen this time. I'm still taking the Osteo-Biflex. I'll keep you posted on the results.

Hope you have a marvelous day!

2beautiful2Bfat
01-21-2008, 10:18 AM
Hi everyone
I hope you don't mind if I join in?
Beverly your meal plans look delicious and healthy what type of plan are you doing? How do you make the cooked flax? Does it taste good? Can you tell more about your class? It sounds so interesting!

ginger do you have triplets? I have a double (Mountasin buggy) And push a 20 lb baby and 25 lb preschooler and fell like that is alot let alone 3 29 lb kids!!!!

mj5
01-21-2008, 12:00 PM
Rhonda--Great job on the loss! Your ladies night sounds fun! I hope the sneakers work too...I bought the same ones I wear (and leave) at the gym, so hopefully they will do the trick!

2beautiful--Welcome!!!

I almost forgot!!! I remembered to weigh in this am.....down 2lbs!!! Need to change my ticker!!! I am very excited, especially after last week!!!

kissingginger
01-21-2008, 12:35 PM
Morning Everyone!

Thanks for all the encouragement everyone :) Although the scale hasn't gone down further today from 261, it hasn't gone up either, so that's a positive thing for me. I am still down pounds from last Monday too, so it's all good. Today, I am staying on plan and here it is:

B: tea and oats/w berries
S: apple
L: homeade turkey soup with crackers
S: hummus and carrots
D: turkey meat, veggies and a salad (if I can get some lettuce at a grocery store today...I really don't want to go to the grocery store today with 3 kids, but I might just have to)

2beautiful: yes I have triplet and I use a runabout. An awesome stroller!

Rhonda: I'll never forget my first Bunko party!! It was SO MUCH fun! I'm glad to hear you are going to plan better. I am going to try to plan a bit better too.

Purple: Good for you for staying away from the onion rings...not sure I could pass that kind of temptation! I do LOVE the exercise cravings.

mj5: what a cool brother! What inspiration!

Okay, I gotta run. I'm housebound today with a little one who is sick and throwing up and running a high fever...and two little angels who are running around like mad-men!!

Cheers, Ginger

PS. no workout today. My body say Rest, Rest, Rest!!!!!:( I'm actually disappointed, but I know it's for the best.

PPS: Grandma is going to get the salad stuff for me....thank god, with a little one sick, I would hate to have to take him to the store!!! Halleluia to grandmas everywhere!!!!:):):):):)

Purplefirefly
01-21-2008, 02:50 PM
mj--congrats on 2 lbs gone :carrot: I will be buying new exercise shoes soon and have no idea how to pick them out! What did you look for, or do you know a good brand?

2beautiful--I love your name! Welcome to a great group of ladies here.

Rhonda--Glad you got that gained weight back off and can start on fresh pounds :cp:

I haven't exercised yet...but have been cleaning, this house was just a wreck and I couldn't stand it anymore! Hubby just left again :( but it's okay, I need things to go back to normal again. I better get back to cleaning...going to do All Star Workout on Fit TV at 5, if I can get enough done by then and get kids situated.

rakel
01-21-2008, 09:39 PM
Didn't exercise today, unless you count the hoops I had to jump through while trying on big huge wedding gowns ;) Food is not good either, I had some light progresso soup (only like 120 cals), so by the time I got home around 6pm I was soooo hungry. John got some pizza and I pigged out. But it's already 9:40 so I'm not going to be eating much more tonight if anything. I might have some 100 calorie bags of kettle corn. Tomorrow I'm going to either do my DDR workout or go ride the exercise bike. I'm going to put in what I've eaten so far in my journal to get that started up again!

mj5
01-22-2008, 06:06 AM
Good Morning! I didn't make it to the gym last night. I was really tired, and while this may sound like a lame excuse--I missed my dogs! I hadn't seen them since Saturday morning and hubby had picked them up from the kennel. It was great to get home and see them!!!! I did a 1 mile watp dvd in the am and a new ab workout when I got home, so it wasn't a total loss exercise wise!

Kissinginger--Great attitude! It isn't always about the scale (something I need to remind myself from time to time!). Yea, my brother is awesome....it's hard to believe we used to fight like crazy as kids! Hope everyone is feeling better at your house! Gotta love grandmas!!!

Purplefirefly--I have always had good luck w/ Nike brand...totally personal preference...but they seem to offer good support. My physical therapist recommended New Balance for years and I just never found any that I liked, but he swears by them. If possible, I would go to a place where you can get measured, fit is really important...some places can even make recommendations based on your activity--places where they are actually informed about what they are selling. I think Rhonda went to a place where they analyze your gait and everything...I was supposed to go to a place like that, but it is kind of far away and haven't made it there yet.

Rakel--Ooh trying on wedding gowns, sounds like fun! Sounds like a good plan for getting back on track!

I did a 1 mile 'boost' watp this am. I am going to the gym this afternoon--missing too many days in a row is a bad idea for me! I packed my lunch and really need to increase my water again.

The new sneakers seem to be helping. I am going to give it another week or so, but I should probably follow up with my orthopedist anyway--I am afraid the injections I had didn't work as well as we had hoped, so I should at least let him know that and see what plan B might be...

Have a great day everyone!

GirlyGirlSebas
01-22-2008, 08:33 AM
Hi, Accountability Friends! Hope you are having a great morning.

For those of you who watch, don't forget that Biggest Loser is on tonight.

2Beautiful - :welcome2: So glad you decided to join us.
Ginger - How is your little one feeling today? How is Mommy feeling? Hope you don't come down with whatever the little one has.
Purple - How was the All Start Workout?
Rakel - did you start journaling?
MJ - Glad to hear that your sneakers seem to be helping. I never did make it to the shop where they analyze your gait. However, I went to Sports Authority and there was a guy there that used to work at the other place and had done the gait analysis. Also, he is a runner. He gave me some great advice and helped me find a great pair of shoes. I've always been a Nike girl. When I was a runner, I never ran in anything other than Nike. However, since I've put on so much weight, Nike is now too narrow for my food. The guy at the store recommended Asics gels...and I love them! Hopefully, I won't have anymore trouble with my knees.

Today, it is very overcast and cold here...the kind of day that makes you want to snuggle under the blankets and snooze. Unfortunately, I'm not a lady of leisure and I have a full workload today. I've already started the day off with a bowl of oatmeal and a cup of coffee. My plan for today is to start tracking my calories again. I love my Southbeach foods, but I'm trying to increase my weekly losses and make them more consistent. I really think that counting my calories is the way to go. I'm aiming for lower number from Monday through Thursday, then slightly higher numbers on the weekend. Hopefully, this will give me an opportunity to have some treats with the family and not feel deprived.

Beverlyjoy
01-22-2008, 09:06 AM
Hi folks!! I had a good healthful day yesterday. It feels really good. I had time to meditate two times - it's so helpful to me. Today I have errands to run and paperwork and new stories to work on.

Tomorrow I have appointments with the food doctor and my regular doctor to see about this backache. I don't like going to the doctor - but, somethings got to help in this.

office work
stretches
meditations
ice & heat
journal food and feelings
LOTS of water

breakfast - kashi, flax, soy milk , peanut butter spoon
snack - carrots
lunch - ff cottage cheese with croutons, veggies
snack - apple, peanut butter toast
dinner - Turkey Italian Sausage, peppers & onions, baked potato
snack - cereal, milk, fruit

Purple - wow...good for you stopping at two onion rings...sorry they gave you such a tummy ache. :( Sometimes the body rebels! Your workout sounds good.:)

Mj5 - It will be fun to work out with your brother. Sorry about that knee bothering you....I truly understand. :hug: Yippee on you two pounds down...way to go.:carrot::carrot:

Rhonda - Hooray on your weight loss. :carrot::carrot: You've got a good plan for sucess. Go Girl!

Welcome 2beautiful! My food plan is what I call "organized calorie counting". I eat between 1300 and 1700 calories a day. I have protein at every meal, 2-3 fruits a day, lots of veggies, 2 dairy foods a day (cheese counts for me), flax (for my cholesterol) and I write down everything that I eat (planned or unplanned). For my heart health and keeping my blood sugar good - I have no more than 50 fats a day, no more than 15 saturated fats, no more than 300 mll cholesterol, and no more than 250 carbs a day. You asked about the cooked flax...I eat two tbls a day - in cereal, grits, yogurt, oatmeal and sometimes just cooked up in some water with I Can't Believe it's not Butter spray. Now...the class I am taking is called Eating and Emotions thru a local health center. It's lead by Dr. G (a PHD psychologist specializing in health). I've had two classes where - so far we are exploring are relationship with foods and our emotions. She is also teaching folks how to do deep breathing and eventually meditation. ( I already to this - but, I've learned new things.) I'll keep you posted as we go on.

Ginger - hope your little one feels better soon. It's hard when they are down. Good food plan :) ...I am going to get some hummus next time I go to the store. Knowing when to rest is just as important as exercsing too.

Rakel - wedding dresses!!! When's the big day? Hang in there. Don't ya wish that "jumping thru hoops" burned a few calories. :D

I hope you all have a great and healthy day!

Schmoodle
01-22-2008, 09:41 AM
Hi chicks, now this time I really mean it! I am going to get back into the habit of posting my daily menus here. My house is stuffed to bursting with healthy food and there isn't a piece of temptation to be found anywhere finally.
Here's what's new with me: Yesterday I put DH on a plane and he'll be gone for the next 4 months. I plan to use the time to focus on being on-plan, and improving my exercise. I am also on scale strike for the next three weeks. I'll weigh on Valentine's Day to see if I met my goal. And I hope to make another 20 lbs. disappear by the time he gets back.
Today:
B - 1 slice Ezekial bread toasted, with cream cheese, coffee with milk
S - string cheese, V8
L - leftover shrimp and cashew stir fry
S - latte, apple
D - Taco Bake and salad
S - 1/2 cup NSA Butter Pecan Ice Cream

Now to catch up with you chicks (and roosters?).
Beverlyjoy, Let's help each other stay away from that damn scale! How do you cook your flax? I bought some yesterday, but I have no idea what to do with it.
woo-hoo purple, that is awesome! Good for you and enjoy your reward. It is well-earned. Great NSV at the fish joint.
mj, so glad you made it home safely! congrats on the 2 lbs.!
Ginger, hope your baby is feeling better soon and the other 2 stay healthy!
Rhonda, you are back on track! The ladies' night sounds so fun. I combined calorie counting with SB last year, to help me learn portions, etc. I may go back to that some time soon if loss stalls out.
Hi 2beautiful! Love your screen name!
rakel, did you find a dress you liked? Now that's a great motivator! Sorry I have been out of the loop - did you and John find jobs? How is it going?

By the way, I hate Old Navy. I hit the clearance sale over the weekend. I usually try to get most of the kids' clothes bought for next winter at the January sales. I haven't ever been able to get much there for me - always been too big. But I thought now that I've lost 50 lbs., and am a size 14 - 16 at other places, I might be able to get some stuff for me. Tried on a ton of pants. The size 14s and 16s were way too tight. The 18s were way too big, and cut weird. So I guess by Old Navy standards I am still too fat and shaped strangely...
I need new pants, but if you knew how much I hate trying on pants! Have a great day chicks, time to do some work.

2beautiful2Bfat
01-22-2008, 10:16 AM
Good morning everyone!
I'm having the day you had yesterday ginger! I have 2 kids sick and one is coming down with something but I sent her to school cause she really wanted to go. I hope they don't call me to pick her up because it is snowing out and my middle one has a fever of 102. Not to mention I don't really want to have to buckle up2 car seats etc.. I hate car seats!
anywas my plan for the day is to drink more than 8 glasses of water and to clean my house from top to bottom which is already proving to be a workout because I'm sweating and I have barely started!!

Rakel: I definitely thinking tying on wedding gowns counts as a workout!! Those things can really make you sweat!!

ginger: Do you have the valco with the extra seat on top or is it a real triple? side by side? Also what type of hummus do you eat store bought ? I buy a brand call sabra it's israeli but someone just told me it is full of fat and that is why it is so creamy and tasty.

Beverly: the class sounds great. Keep us posted. I woudl love to hear more of your homework assignments. What exactly does the flax seed do? My sister eats it all the time and she is soooo skinny (about 115 lbs) same height as me!

Purple: I bought reeboks recently and I really love them. You might want to try that. Thanks about the name!! It was a comment someone once made to me and it has kind of stuck with me. Funny thing is back then I was a flight attendant and was wearing a size 10! Now that woudl be a dream!!

kissingginger
01-22-2008, 11:41 AM
Hey everyone!
Sick one today is feeling better and seems to be over the fever, but he is super sensitive today.
Schmoodle: the other two (cross fingers) are okay so far! 4 months without DH? I think I would have a meltdown - you are one strong woman! My DH works from home, and I am SAHM so we are hardly ever separated.
2 beautiful: I have a true triple (not across, but one in front of the other). Runabout is the company and they make great strollers. I make my own hummus and I think you are right the store bought ones are usually higher in fat. But the recipe I had could be better, so I'm glad I asked here - I'm going to try some of the other recipes. And I hate carseats too, they are a huge pain in the *** BUT, I respect what they do for our children.
MJ- missing your dogs instead of working out is not a bad thing, sometimes we need to fill our emotional quota if you know what I mean.

I know I've missed a bunch of you but I gotta run.

I have to say I have no real plan today. YIKES! But I do have a fridge full of healthy food. It's already 830am and it seems like I've run out of time to think and the noise in the house today is unreal. The sick one is better and now they are all running around like mad people!!!

Ginger

mj5
01-22-2008, 01:05 PM
Hi again! Another busy day, but I have accomplished a lot, which is a great feeling!!!

Rhonda--Sounds like a great plan!!! Yea, it's like that here today too..guess it's good thing we are both busy!

Beverlyjoy--Sounds like you are doing great!

Schmoodle--4 months, Wow! I don't know what I would do w/ myself for that long! Good for you for using that time focus! I have to say, I have thought Old Navy has 're-sized' especially their pants. By the way, you are not fat or shaped strangely!

2beautiful--Hope everyone is feeling better soon!

Ginger--Glad the 'sick one' is feeling better!

Have a great day!

rakel
01-22-2008, 02:12 PM
Hey everybody!

Schmoodle -- I have a part time job now (30hrs a week, $15 an hour) and start tomorrow! John is still looking though, and for the past few days he's felt a little sick. Poor guy. He sleeps most of the time.

ginger -- good luck with those little ones! I'm sure they keep you on your feet... not a bad thing at all, though exhausting ;)

Rhonda -- Yes ma'am! I journaled last night, and am journaling now. I did my weight and stretch exercises for 20minutes, but I need to do something else too. Since I already did that I think I might just do what the You on a Diet suggests when doing the strength training workout by going on a 30 minute walk. I'm going to try and accomplish this before I go into Lane Bryant by walking around the entire mall. It's a mall I'm not familiar with so I don't know where to park really, so I will probably be doing a fair amount of walking anyway.

2beautiful2Bfat -- cleaning is such a workout! Yesterday I spent a long time folding clothes and doing laundry. I didn't sweat, but I could feel my arms tingling from holding them out for so long while folding. WORK IT BABY! hehe. I also cleaned up the bathroom some... now the home office needs to be cleaned. It's a total disaster.

As for all those asking about the wedding dress -- yes, I picked one out! It doesn't need alterations either. It fits me right now, but I think if I can manage to lose 5 to 10 more pounds before March that it'll fit even better. If I can get my act together, then I should be able to lose that and maybe a little more. I'm attaching some photos of the dress! I like it a lot, but I'll be honest, I tried on some other dresses I liked better but they were just way too far out of the budget. I'm still super thankful I was able to get the one I did for such an affordable price. Before taxes and the bag it was $250. All in all, it was only about $100 over budget, and we saved some money with John's suit, plus I have some money from my parents that has not been appropriated to an expense yet, so we should be fine.

ANYHOO,

Purplefirefly
01-22-2008, 03:01 PM
rakel--you look gorgeous!!! All the stress will be worth it in the end :hug:

I just got my Jillian DVDs and am off to do the beginner front side :cp: I am so excited to finally have them...and to have met my reward package and not have to put them up in the closet.

ginger--very glad to hear little one is feeling better.

2beau--I will look at Reeboks, thanks!

mj5
01-22-2008, 03:47 PM
Rakel--You look great! What a deal on the dress!!!!

purplefirefly--I am so happy that you can use your reward instead of putting it in the closet!!

I am about to head to the gym...can't wait to get out of here today! Busy and productive, just need to get out of here!!!

famograham
01-22-2008, 04:34 PM
I had another interview today! ;)

This is the place. http://www.claireshomecareservices.com/

I applied for the areas of housekeeping/companionship/meal preparation/errands/outings/and aesthetic services! The position name would be "Homemaker" :lol: I'm pretty good at that already.

This job pays more than the first one, $11.00 an hour to start. She also doesn't have a problem with the hours situation. It would start out casual, and I would get to build my caseload until I have enough clients to fill my available time of 9:30-2:30 M-F.

At the end of the interview, she said "I don't see any problems with bringing you on board" That sounds positive right? That of course, is pending criminal record check and reference check.

I will have to upgrade my van insurance to business class, but I checked on that and it's only 3.00 more per month. I would also need to get re certified in CPR/First aid, WHMIS, and Food Safe withing 3 months.

STRESSSSSSS! Wish me luck again!
:hug:
Linda

2beautiful2Bfat
01-22-2008, 05:12 PM
Hi all I'm doing awful on the water today!! I may not even make my regular 8 glasses!!

My 4 yr old now has strep in addition to the pink eye!! I cqan't take much more!! My baby is getting better and thank god my oldest is hoem cause i could use the help!!

DH took the cake to work!! Yeah!

Ginger if you find a good hummus recipe let me know maybe I woudl try it. I thought the runabout was the valco but now I know what you are talking about.

Rakel I also need to do my disaster office maybe after dinner . Which I better get to making!

mj5
01-22-2008, 06:45 PM
Hi again! I just wanted to pop in and say I had a great workout this afternoon, but I almost let old insecuries keep me out of 'certain' parts of the gym. Luckily I didn't listen to those 'old bad thoughts' and I held my head high and went right in! Of course at one point when I was in one of the other rooms--really crowded, I was lying on my back lifting the bar, yea I wanted to be anywhere but there!!! I kept reminding myself that I want to be able to wear a cute summer dress to the wedding this summer!!!!

famograham--Another interview, that's great!!!

2beautiful--I had a hard time w/ water today too...not sure why, it's usually no problem at all for me.

Have a great night!

Purplefirefly
01-22-2008, 07:24 PM
AHHHHHHH I am at a scary point and don't know how to get through this. I am just 2 lb. away from where I stopped last time around...and I stopped because people were noticing, I felt everyone was staring at me and that just makes me so nervous and tense. I am an extremely shy person and I am fat because people don't talk to me as much, I can be in the background unnoticed. So when people started to notice and comment last time I freaked and ate half of it back.

Well, tonight I went to my son's first night of basketball with the Y. I wore my jeans, which are now falling off me, and my usual coat. I did not even take off my coat, and this woman comes over, taps me on the shoulder, and says "I know you from T-ball in the spring, and you look like you've lost a lot of weight." I was taken aback, unsure what to say, so she goes "I could just tell you've lost a lot and wanted you to know." So I awkwardly blurted out "I've lost 28, not much." At which point she smiled and chased after her son across the gym.

I just wanted to drive through McDs and binge on the way home. I have a lot of calories left and was going to have a snack when we got home, but now I am afraid it would turn into a binge. I have been screaming at myself for blurting out the exact # lbs I have lost, thinking she didn't ask that, she just was making a comment.

Sorry for the rambling vent here. I have to overcome this or I will never get all this weight off. People are going to notice. Some are going to comment and others are going to just stare. How do I get comfortable with that? This is so frustrating, why can't I just be a normal person when it comes to the social situations? I just can't deal with any kind of attention on me at all.

Purplefirefly
01-22-2008, 07:28 PM
Got too busy with my own issues and forgot you all :lol:

mj--I am proud of you for holding your head up and going where you needed to go in the gym. I could not do it, so I look up to you.

2 beautiful--sorry about the little ones being sick :hug:

Linda--I hope you get it!!!! Looks like a good fit for you.

famograham
01-22-2008, 07:39 PM
Heyyy :hug: I know exactly what you mean. For me, that magic number is 187.
Take a deep breath. That lady was proud of you! You've got nothing to be shy about.
You are normal, and I think it's normal to not want people to notice sometimes.
I feel the same way about other parents at my kids school. Since Liam was in kindergarten, I've lost and gained half of my goal, twice.
I'm nervous about them noticing again this time. I'm scared because I don't want people to see me fail....again, and think "what a loser".

BUT I'm doing it again, for me, and for my family. Those are the only people whose opinions matter. Sometimes, not even theirs!

You're doing this for yourself. When people notice, and say something, you have to decide what you would be comfortable discussing, and what you won't. It will probably be a different answer for different people.

In the meantime, I'm so glad that you know you can come here and shout *every* *single* *accomplishment* from the rooftops, so we can all be proud of you!

Linda

Purplefirefly
01-22-2008, 07:50 PM
Thank you so much, Linda. It means a lot that someone else understands. You actually talked me out of binge mode! I don't want the next time that woman sees me for her to be thinking "wow, she gained it all back." That would be worse then her noticing to being with....but that's what would happen if I go binging over her comment. I feel safe now to have a snack, but will wait until BL is on, that show is the best motivation ever to just have the regularly planned snack and nothing more :)

:hug: Thanks!

famograham
01-22-2008, 08:10 PM
YAY!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

People are going to notice...it's just the way it is. I don't think we're afraid of them noticing....but of failure.

When you notice that others have lost...what do you think?

You are awesome...and you can do this.
Linda

Schmoodle
01-22-2008, 08:41 PM
purple, I think Linda has a great point. Maybe we're not afraid of the noticing, but of the noticing, and then noticing again if we gain it back. A self-fulfilling prophecy?
Linda did a beautiful job of talking you through it. I don't think I can do any better, just wanted you to know I can totally understand. For a lot of women, their wedding day is a dream. For me it was a nightmare because I knew I'd be the center of attention, and people would be looking at me. For that reason I had a very small wedding, and it was still very uncomfortable for me. And I was much smaller then than now! I will say that as I've gotten older, I've gotten more comfortable in my skin, even though the skin is larger now. I can stand up in front of professional people and do a decent job of giving a presentation, something that would have been unthinkable 20 years ago. I still wouldn't want to have another wedding though!

rakel
01-22-2008, 09:24 PM
Schmoodle -- I am kind of dreading that about my wedding too. I feel SO uncomfortable with all this attention and things going on because of me. My family is going to be spending thousands of dollars to come out to my wedding and it just makes me feel awkward and weird. I know I shouldn't, but I just can't help it!

Purplefirefly
01-22-2008, 10:17 PM
Linda, when I see others that have lost a lot I am envious! I love to look just because they look so much better...so I guess that is what they are thinking when they see me as well, but for some reason I always think of it as a negative. I feel better about it now, thanks to you all. I know if I keep going there will be a time everyone is as used to me being thinner as they are now to me being fat...it's just the getting to that new normal that is so hard.

Schmoodle & Rakel--I am not glad that you both experience this same discomfort, but it is comforting to know I am not this strange weird, anti-social awkward person like I always feel. :hug:

Beverlyjoy
01-23-2008, 07:18 AM
Hi folks - well I did get on the scale today. I have two doctors appointments and know I'll have to do it then. Happily..it showed that I've lost 2 pounds. :D I am so happy.

The foot doctor will rewrap my foot and I hope the regular doctor can come up with something for my back. Good greif. - two things at once is very frustrating. :(

About the flax - ground flax (you have to grind it or it will go thru you whole with none of the benefits) is a plant source of Omega 3 fatty acids - good for the heart and it's also fiber - good for lowering blood lipid numbers. I eat two tablespoons a day. If I don't feel like putting it in something (yogurt, oatmeal, meatloaf, cereal , pancakes, bake goods etc) then I cook it up like a hot cereal with 4 tablespoons of water in the microwave for a couple minutes. It's got a rich nutty taste.

I've been getting calls for summer work and I am so grateful. Mom is coming over today while they fix the water problem in her apartment building. Life goes on! My plans:

need to do paper work
ice and heat on my pieces and parts
stretches
journal food and feelings
lots of water

breakfast - grits, flax, lite cheese
snack - clemintine tangerine
lunch - egg white salad on toast with lite cheese, veggies
snack - apple
dinner - subway roast beef, baked chips, green bean salad
snack - cereal, fruit, milk

Schmodle -good plan you had yesterday. With you DH gone for so long - it is a good time to concentrate on your plan. Good goal. (Don't forget to stay off the scale - you ask me to remind you)

2beautiful - I hope the kids get better soon. Strep and pink eye - too much! So glad the cake is gone.

Ginger - good to hear the baby's feeling better. Having the fridge full of healthy food is awesome.

Mj5- glad you've gotten alot accomplished. Good for you...going to the gym.

Purple - enjoy your new Jillian DVD's!! Go girl! I totally understand about reaching that certain point where you've stopped before. I think sometimes it's hard to get used to ourselves in a smaller body. Even though that's what we want in the long run. Sometimes the attention is hard. Just smile and say that it's true you've lost some weight, maybe thank them. We will be here to hold your hand as you get past this uncomfortable point in your journey. I am glad you mentioned it. Actually, my point is coming up soon. For me it's 4 monthes. I never can seem to get past more than 4 monthes of sane healthy eating without kind of jumping back into the food. My four month time is coming up in a couple of weeks.

fanograham - so glad the interview went well. It's good that this company can work with your schedule. Excellent. Good luck.

Have a great and healthy day.

mj5
01-23-2008, 08:39 AM
Good Morning! I have that sore, but good feeling this morning! I did not workout this am, I was SO sleepy I let myself sleep in. I will go to the gym for legs/back and cardio tonight though.

Purplefirefly--You are NOT weird!!! I understand. I really do! For me, I struggle with wondering what people are thinking b/c I lost so much weight before, then gained back. It's obvious I gained a LOT back--people at work and family know and stopped commenting on how 'good' I looked a long time ago (although it is starting to pick up again). But you know what, everyone struggles w/ something. For me it's weight. For others it's smoking or depression or whatever. Do not ever feel the need to apologize for venting here. That's what we are here for!!! Good for you for NOT hitting the drive thru or binging at home! That is fantastic! It took me well over a year and my younger brother holding my hand to get me into the other parts of the gym and I still struggle w/ that old self-consciousness, but I have do decide what I want more. He pointed that everyone there is looking at themselves--not me. And if they are looking at me, well, let them look--they can watch me get healthier! It's also a place that I feel closer to my dad--he's the one who inspired me to join there in the first place, so as much as I want to do this for me, I want to finish what I started with him too. And you know what, you CAN do it...it is NOT easy and there are days I totally have to psych myself up to even walk into the free weight room, but then I remind myself that I will NOT let what someone else thinks (or what I think they are thinking) stop me from getting what I want. You inspire me to work harder.

Great support to Purplefirefly!!! That's why we are here!!

Beverlyjoy--Congrats on the loss!! Good luck at your appts today!

Gotta run...I'll check back later!

Schmoodle
01-23-2008, 09:37 AM
Hi chicks, kids are home from school today, and going in every direction. Looks like I will spend a good part of the day running people around and trying to work in-between. We have science projects to finish up too, I've got a meeting tonight, and DS has just started throwing up. :barf: Can you believe there's a barf smiley? I just had to use it!

Don't know what I'll end up eating today, cause I'm not feeling so great either, but the plan is:
B - hard boiled egg, turkey bacon
S - V8, string cheese
L - taco bake, salad
S - latte, crackers and LCLC
D - Cream of Broccoli Soup with Ham, salad
S - yogurt with almonds and agave nectar

Rakel, it was kind of thoughtless for me to write what I did with your wedding coming up. I really kind of thought it was only me that felt that way, or I wouldn't have written it. I did enjoy my wedding, the awkward part for me was the ceremony, but once that was over I had a great time at the reception. Just remember, people are not there to judge you, but because they care about you and want to share your special day. You deserve to have a wonderful day, so don't psych yourself out about it!
BeverlyJoyj, thanks for the flax tips. I have not weighed since Saturday! Thanks for checking!
purple, you are definitely not alone. My son is borderline for Asperger's and sometimes I think he got that from me. I do much better now, but I used to be very uncomfortable socially, and still get that way sometimes, particularly if I'm not around my usual crowd of friends.

Good morning to the rest of you chicks:wave:!

GirlyGirlSebas
01-23-2008, 10:53 AM
Good morning! Hope everyone is enjoying their Wednesday. The house is super quiet this morning as the girls are at school and Hubby is out running MIL around to appointments. I rarely et the house to myself. Too bad I have to work! I just remembered that the girls have 1/2 days of school today, so my quiet won't last much longer.

Rakel - the dress is beautiful! Please try to enjoy this time. Its so very special.
Beverly - Congratulations on your 2 pound loss! :carrot:
MJ - I also slept in this morning. Feels great, huh?
2Beautiful - How is your 4 year old today? I hope everyone is getting better and the house is a little quieter today.
Linda - the Homemaker jobs sounds much cooler than the other job. Please keep us posted.
Ginger - How are yo today?
Purple - I'm sorry to hear that you've reached your scarey point. Please know that we are here for you...your own little cheering squad!:cheer: We all have things that we must deal with on this journey. I may not have a problem with people noticing my weight loss, but I am definitely afraid of giving up the security of my comfort foods. I have a history or depression and anxiety. For a long time, I comforted and relaxed myself with cigarettes and sugar. I quit smoking over 2 years ago and, now, I'm quitting the sugar. I find myself getting a panicky feeling sometimes when I realize that I have to find other ways of dealing with the negative feelings. So far, exercise and blogging help, but they just aren't the same.
We can do it this time. Let's not be controlled by fear. We can win this battle!

mj5
01-23-2008, 02:41 PM
Hi again! I am glad it is almost time to head to the gym. I was ridiculously busy today, but didn't accomplish much.

Schmoodle--Wow, sounds busy at your house!

Rhonda--I hope you got to sleep in longer than me...when I say sleep in on a work day, that means 6:15am ;) I can't wait for the weekend!!! Hope you were able to get a lot done today.

Purple--How are you doing today?

Nicole--How are you, we haven't heard from you in a while.

Ok, I have to get some more stuff done. Have a great night!

kissingginger
01-23-2008, 03:18 PM
Hey everyone!

I'm doing great today...so far only the one has gotten sick (cross fingers) and the other two seem fine. I've exercised already, showered, done crafts with the kids, made lunch for them and me, and now it's time to go outside and get some sunshine and off to their first soccer class this year. What is great about taking them to soccer, is that I am expected to participate and help the coach too, which in the past, I've done the minimum...but this time I am going in energetic and ready to try and get a bit of a workout from it!!!!

I don't have time for to post my plan and personals :( but needless to say, I am staying away from a few things that I think might be impeding my weight loss - such as hummus and plain popcorn. Today I had a salad with veggies and apple cider vinegar and spices. Previously I was using regular salad dressing...not much, but I was using it.

Have a great day ladies! Oh and I have re-taken my measurements....I'll post on it later today! Let's just say :D:D:D:D:D:D I am SmILLing Today!!!

Cheers, Ginger

Purplefirefly
01-23-2008, 04:46 PM
OMG :eek: I just typed personals to you all and it wouldn't go through and when I went back it was all gone :( I have to go cook supper, will come back and do it all again...since the first of the year this site just has not been cooperating with me so well.

famograham
01-23-2008, 05:14 PM
Awww....what a PAIN! I HATE it when that happens. It's happened to me before, and always seems to happen when you've written something really long and heartfelt...:lol:
Sorry that happened!

Just wanted to let you all know that I got the job with Claire's!!!! She just called me. I go in on Monday morning for orientation, papers signing, and pick up supplies!!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Yeesh....the butterflies are going to bust out of my tummy!!!!

:eek::hat::dancer::cheer2:

Purplefirefly
01-23-2008, 05:26 PM
:woohoo: YAY LINDA!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: I am so happy for you :hug:

I'm off to bathe the kids...will redo those personals after they are in bed. I will say I am having a good day. i'm very sore from my new workout yesterday, mostly in calves and down the sides of my back, but also in shoulder/tricep area and my abs hurt if I bend over. this is from the beginner workout, I'd hate to even try the more advanced ones at this point.

Okay, son is running around naked waiting on me :lol: gotta go.

Purplefirefly
01-23-2008, 06:21 PM
Okay, try this again...I'm going to copy before I submit this time.

First, I want to thank all of you for being there in my horrifying moment of weakness last night. You were the touch of reality I needed to get out of the panic and look at the issue realistically. I think I have a grip on it now, after a long hot bath and a lot of thinking last night. I think it has a lot to do with a fear of rejection for me. I have always felt it's okay if people don't like me because look at me...who would? But if I lose the weight and start caring for myself again and looking my best, then what do I have to say for myself when they still don't like me? Now that I know what is behind all this for me, I at least can see it is irrational. :hug: This is a really awesome group, thanks everyone!

Ginger--I hope the little one gets better quickly. It is, of course, just as hard on parents who have to care for them, so take care of yourself as well. I think staying away from a few things that might slow you down is a good thing...or maybe they can be used as special treats once in awhile so you don't feel too deprived.

mj--Thanks for such great support :hug: I think you are right, they are not looking at me probably, it's in my head. I think this comment just really threw me off guard because it was unexpected. Last time comments came after I bought new clothes that fit the new shape, this time I was still wearing pants about 2 sizes too big and didn't even take my coat off (on purpose). I really thought no one could even notice I'd lost, so when she came over and said that I was really shocked. I guess I can't hide behind the baggy clothes anymore!

Rhona--YES, we can and WILL do this! I have a lot of the same issues as you as far as comfort foods, depression, and fear. I think once I get used to being smaller, and everyone else gets over the shock it apparently is to them...I will do okay from there on out. It's those first moments everyone realizes I've lost that drives me to want to be fat again. I just have to get past it this time.

Schmoodle--another sick babe :( I hate this time of year. Take care, I hope it doesn't get passed around.

Beverly--How did the doctors go? Find any relief for either problem? I sure hope so :)

mj5
01-23-2008, 06:50 PM
Hi again! Just popping in quick while dinner is cooking...
kissingginger--I can't wait to hear what the new measurements are!

purple--I open either a blank word document or the 'notepad' on my computer and type everything there. Then I just copy and paste into this site..that way, if something happens I don't loose what I have typed. My arms and shoulders are sore today too! I think it is from the rowing machine I tried last night! Did you like the dvd? Yea, you sound so much better tonight! I am very glad! We are here to support each other!! Don't hide behind those baggy clothes!

famograham--CONGRATULATIONS!! That is fantastic!!!

K, dogs are barking gotta take them out and check on dinner. Have a great night!

cckayac
01-23-2008, 07:42 PM
Well hello girls. I have had a busy week when we have mon. off for a holiday my caseload for that week is just nuts. I have been busy but also to the gym on tues for aqua fittness class one hr. long and moving every second. It is a great class. My food intake seems to be doing okay around 1350- 1450 cals a day. Today I managed to have a healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner wow 2 times this week I am gaining in the better choices dept. and exercise. Maybe this year I really am going to make it my healthy goal wt. lets hope so.
Fam- congrats on the job! Nice discount too most likely.
Purplefirefly yah know its so nice when we need support to have these sites to go to it holds us up during a tough time. Good for you coming to the right spot.
Everyone else hello gotta run!

kissingginger
01-23-2008, 08:57 PM
Okay : as promised here are my measurements!

December 30, 2007
Bust: 46.5 inches
Chest: 40
Tummy: 44
hips: 53
thighs: 52

January 23, 2008
Bust: 46 inches
Chest: 40
Tummy: 44
Hips: 52
thighs: 51.5

Total inches lost so far: 2 inches!!

I know it's not HUGE numbers, BUT I feel like compared with the scale, these measurements make me a lot happier! The scale is a daily battle with too many ups and downs. And it's only been 3 weeks since I've started.

Cheers,
Ginger!

Beverlyjoy
01-24-2008, 04:54 AM
Hi folks...I had a good day yesterday with my food - I am always grateful for that. Today I'll be gone all day performing at a school about an hour away.

I saw both doctors yesterday The foot doctor wrapped and padded it up - it will "guard" the sore spot. My regular doctor says that the place where my back hurts is where my gall bladder is located...so, next week I'll have an ultra sound there. If it's not my gall bladder (I don't think it is )...then it's off to the orthopedist she said. Somedays I feel like I am falling apart. However, I feel like I am also moving forward in seeking answers. I will carry on the best I can. I am grateful I can continue to work while I seek answers.

Today's Plans:
-water
-stretches
-journal food
-meditation
-class tonight - it's actually called "Discovering Your Relationship with Food"
- PMA - positive mental attitude
- ice and heat

breakfast - egg white scramble with ketchup, peanut butter toast, 1/2 banana
snack - fruit
lunch - peanut butter & honey sandwich, red pepper strips, applesauce
snack - yogurt and crackers
dinner - chili, veggies and dip
snack - cereal, flax, milk

Purple - I always copy my post before entering it...I've lost long ones before two and it's really frustrating. your feelings are so real & sometimes it's good to be able to work them thru with friends. Glad you are feeling better.

Linda - congrats on the new job...it's wonderful!

Ginger - 2 inches is awesome...it's good to measure

cckayac - So glad your food and fitness is going well - despite how busy you are. that's a big accomplishment.

mj5 - sometimes that soreness from exercise feels kinda of good - you know you worked those muscles. And, it will be gone in a day.

Shmoodle - Hope everyone feels better soon at your house. You've got a great plan. Glad you get to go to the gym today.

Rhonda - I understand about it being hard to figure out how to feel when folks notice a weight loss. I also understand how it feels to deal trying to figure out a strategy of dealing with stress etc without the ususal coping actions. Have you ever tried meditation..it really helped me.

Have a great day everyone.

Schmoodle
01-24-2008, 07:46 AM
Good morning early chicks. Just another day of working and nursing a sick kid here. Food has been pretty good the last few days. Clearing out the house of temptations and stuffing it with good stuff seems to work. Although, yesterday my mom brought me some roast beef she picked up at the deli, and as I was putting it away I noticed there was a small bag of Almond M&Ms in the bag too. Yes, I did eat about half of them. It was late afternoon and I am PMSing. Oh well, 100 calories won't kill me. thanks, mom.

Here's today:
B - oatmeal with blueberries and milk, hard boiled egg
S - cup of roasted red pepper and tomato soup, string cheese
L - leftover cream of broccoli soup with ham, salad
S - latte
D - Parmesan crusted chicken breasts, salad
S - NSA chocolate pudding

Rhonda and mj, hope you guys have a great day.
Beverlyjoy, hope they figure out why you are having pain!
Kissingginger, you are doing great and your measurements show it.
purple - glad you are feeling better, that's what we are here for!
fam, congrats on the job! That's so exciting - hope you love it!
cck, no maybes about it, this is the year to do it!

Purplefirefly
01-24-2008, 10:43 AM
I am still just a bit sore today, but I will be back to exercising :carrot: I am glad I took yesterday off, my body is refreshed, rested, and ready to go today. I am also down 2 lb. this morning, putting me exactly at the weight I quit last time. Thanks to you guys I am not feeling so uneasy about it. I realy hope to get below it by weigh in Monday so I can tell myself I am past the quitting point, no choice but to keep going this time. I just can't believe I am back to this point already. I thought it would take forever.

We are tight on $$ this week and next, but I still went to the grocery store and bought the healthy stuff we need. I thought about just going with cheap stuff like mac and cheese, hot dogs, etc. just for a couple weeks until hubby's loads pick up again, BUT I decided it's not worth it. The kids are now weaned off that junk and like the healthier stuff, I don't want to take them back there again...or myself, and let alone hubby can't eat most of that now. So, I put out the money for what we needed and there just wont' be any room to overeat, it will be strictly planned meals or we'll run out :eek: I hate trucking sometimes, it slows down with no warning.

Anyway, I am doing my second new Jillian DVD today and I am excited...though I know again tomorrow I'll probably be sore again :)

mj5
01-24-2008, 11:05 AM
Hi everyone! I only have a few minutes, but wanted to pop in quick! Today I am wearing a shirt that I had stopped wearing b/c it was too tight and a sweater that was too small when I bought it (too good a deal to pass up...wool J Crew sweater at a garage sale for $2!) I am SO exicted!!!! I can also notice a shape, you know, curves! Watch out hubby!! ;)

This am I did yoga--I was still really sore from the last couple days, so I thought some gentle stretching would be good...I feel MUCH better now!

gotta run!

rakel
01-24-2008, 01:34 PM
Schmoodle -- you have nothing to be sorry about! Whether you said anything or not, my insecurity is still there and I still need to face it in order to have a great time. I have two months to get my wits together!

Rhonda -- Don't worry, I'm going to try and make the most of everything!

Purple -- I'm *SO* glad that you're figuring out what has kept you from proceeding in the past. You are another step to a smaller you... and way to make the choice to continue to eat healthy, and even more awesome that you family really LIKES the new healthy food over the not so healthy food they were eating before. It must feel great to make such a positive change into the wellbeing of your family, and knowing you are feeding them food that will help them feel better, perform better and be healthier! That is awesome! Keep going, you're doing great so far :)

ginger -- CONGRATS on the measurements! 2 inches is 2 inches, and that number will creep down on you. I started a big larger than you -- 53 bust, 48 bra (chest i guess?), 52 waist and 56 hips, and I measured myself today at 50, 43.75, 46, and 52. Keep going, you are doing AWESOME!

linda -- CONGRATS on the job! This will be great -- you can get moving during work and bring some extra money for your home. Very awesome!

As for me, I started my first day at work yesterday and had a good time, actually. I went over some stuff concerning how everything works and all that, but they threw me right into a project. I designed an AD for a company advertising in a local publication, and started an HTML email design. I'll be working MWF, so I think I will do my exercising on M, T, Th, and S. So, that means I should exercise today.

I went under my calories yesterday on accident -- I didn't intend to, but I also think that maybe I underestimated some places so I'm probably even. I wrote everything down, and I'm starting on the same foot today. I weighed in today at 273 -- officially 35lbs gone forever!! *going to change her ticker after this post* I actually think working somewhere helps (rather than being at home all of the time), because I am less likely to overeat -- I just take with me what I plan on eating with a few different options for snacks (i.e. I packed popcorn, nuts, and some cereal. I ate the cereal, a few nuts and left the rest of the nuts and popcorn because I wasn't hungry). I'm really excited to establish a new routine and get moving with this!

Purplefirefly
01-24-2008, 01:36 PM
:congrat: mj! I am so proud of you! I bet those clothes feel brand new to you now.

Schmoodle--the m&ms won't kill ya, just keep on plan and don't let it lead into a downward spiral. One little treat, now move on...PMSing never helps :devil:

Beverly--I don't know whether to hope the ultrasound is nothing, or to hope it shows the problem so you can finally get fixed! Whatever is best for you, I just want to see some relief soon. :hug: Hang in there.

Ginger--2 inches is awesome! Esp. just for 3 weeks :cp:

cc--yes this IS your year...you can do this!

Rakel and Linda...let us know how the new jobs go as you start them.

missrocky73
01-24-2008, 01:45 PM
:cp: hi everyone! I am purple's friend and I am excited to find this group. I am encouraged by all of you who have lost a lot of weight. Keep it up!

kissingginger
01-24-2008, 11:24 PM
Hi everyone!

This is just a quickie...I hope to have more time tomorrow AM to post my plan and do personals :)

Today I exercised 68 minutes and did my longest stretch of light jogging at 3.7-3.9 mph on the treadmill : 7 minutes!!!!! WHoooooHooooooo!:carrot:

I am WAYYYY below calories today and not on purpose. :o I will post everything I ate yesterday in tomorrows post.

One note: It's strange that somedays ALL i think about is food/bingeing.obssesiveness (that was yesterday and thankfully I overcame that demon)....and then today it's barely on my mind and I have to force myself to eat. It's 8:19 pm and still haven't had dinner...but it's because my workout was after the kids ate ...hubby put them to bed for me and I started up on the treadmill at 630 ish to about 740 ish...then shower and basically unwind.

I'm off to make a salad, spend some time with my hubby :D and then watch my reality junk TV!:D:D

Night everyone!~ Did I mention I FEEL great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ginger

rakel
01-24-2008, 11:29 PM
Weird, I thought I posted a welcome for Ellie earlier! At any rate, I just wanted to welcome you, Ellie, to our group and I can't wait to get to know you better!

Ginger -- AWESOME! I wish I could get that excited about exercise.

I was supposed to do some exercising today but of course I made excuses enough to get out of it. This time I was "busy" ... sigh.

mj5
01-25-2008, 06:01 AM
Just popping in quick again this am! I have another really busy day ahead--I found out yesterday that my superrvisor is off today and Monday, which means that I am 'it' as far a supervisor. I can handle it, but I wish I had a little more notice! So much for the projects I had planned! Oh well....I will go to the gym right after work--plan for today is arms/shoulders (they have finally recovered!) and cardio.

I'll get caught up w/ everyone this weekend. The only plans I have is to go to one of my neice's basketball games--I am only going b/c it is her last game of the season (I was NOT making any plans this weekend!). I do have to do the 'normal' picking up around the house, bills, laundry, etc. BUT grocery shopping is DONE, errands are DONE! Other than her game and taking the dogs outside, I don't have to leave the house! That is NOT normal for me...I am one one who LOVES to go, go, go, but I didn't really get a weekend off last weekend w/ our traveling, so I want a nice relaxing weekend at home! I will do my ab workout tomorrow w/ the stability ball and not sure what else, but I also see a bubble bath in my future this weekend!

Beverlyjoy
01-25-2008, 06:22 AM
Hi folks - I stayed on plan yesterday. I also stayed OFF the scale. Yay. Had a great day of storytelling with preschoolers.

I went to my class, Understanding Your Relationship with Food, last night. The teacher taught a couple relaxation techniques and we had a good discussion. We all were asked to talk about something positive about our food last week. That it's important to concentrate on the 15 good choices we make in a day - not the one thing we might consider a "bad" choice. Alot of folks on a food plan tend to focus on only the negative food behaviors instead of the successes of the day. We also talked about feeling good about our bodies no matter where we are in our journey. Since some of you have showed interested in this class I'll let you know a little more.

This is our homework for this week:

Answer these questions:
-What energizes and motivates you?
-What do you do when you feel like your failing?
- If you accepted your body as it is now, what would change? What would be the positive benefit? Would there be any negative benefits?

We are to answer these questions on three days?
- What was my mood today?
- Did I feel good in my body?
- What was my main stressor today? Where did I feel it in my body?
- How was my eating today? Did I eat only for physical hunger? Did my body like my food choices?
- What is the worst thing about being overweight?

My plan:

storytelling today
meditation
stretches
ice and heat
lots of water

breakfast - egg white scramble, peanut butter toast, 1/2 banana
snack - other half of the banana
lunch - open face turkey and light cheese, veggies and light dip
snack - crackers and apple
dinner - chili, brocolli
snack - cereal, flax, milk

I hope you all have a healthy and great day. I'll be back later to catch up with you all.

Schmoodle
01-25-2008, 10:02 AM
purple, sorry to hear about the $$ issues, those are never any fun. DH's salary is kind of the same. He makes very good money for a few months, gets a huge vacation check, then nothing for three months while he is home on vacation. It definitely takes some financial planning, which is not one of my talents. And particularly now with DD at a college that is more expensive than we'd planned for. Fortunately I make enough now to carry us through his dry spells, but it's amazing how fast we can run through our reserves when the money isn't coming in.
beverlyjoy, sounds like a great class. Those are some thought-provoking questions. I'm going to take some time later to think about them.
mj5, congrats on the clothes NSV. Those are the best, I think!
Rakel, glad the job got off to such a great start. I definitely have a harder time with snacking when I am working from home. Congratulations on the 35 lbs!
Hi missrocky! Nice to "meet you."
Ginger, I rarely have those days when food is far from my mind, but it's happened a few times, and it always surprises me - and it feels great!

DS is still getting over his flu. SO many people are sick around here, and it is going all through the families, so I'm afraid DD and I are in for it, although so far, so good. It has really hit the schools hard. I want to get a lot of work accomplished today, and the house in shape in case...
Food plan today:
B - coffee, piece of chicken breast (not very hungry)
S - Green beans, V8
L - broccoli soup, more chicken (lots of leftover chicken around here!)
S - nsa hot chocolate
D - ww pita pizza with lots of veggie toppings
S - greek yogurt with agave nectar and almonds

bella23
01-25-2008, 06:54 PM
Hey all, I'm going to post my days food list:

Shakes (2)
1 scoop protein Powder 120 cals
1 cup soy milk 100 cals
1 cup friut 50 cals
1 ff yogurt 60 cals
Total cals p/2shakes = 660 cals 64 g/p

Pizza Mia w/peperoni (3 slices ) =630 cals 30g/p

two 100 cal snacks =200 cals
Water, coffee (black) and diet soda only to drink

Gives a grand total of 1490 cals for the day and 90+g/p. While the diet in the book says to stay around 1200 cals for the day I try to stay between 1300 and 1500.

Blessings

rakel
01-25-2008, 07:09 PM
Hey Lindy, welcome to the accountability thread! :D

Schmoodle: trying to live without a steady income coming in is definitely difficult. I feel as though I have been swallowed whole, but hopefully things will be better in a few months. And the job is REALLY great, I had a good time today... I'm so lucky to have a job that feels like I'm playing :P

Doing good so far today! I'm still not back on my exercise routine but it's going to take while until I get into a groove that works with my new schedule. I'm going to at least go do some weights and stretches, though I'll try and get up early tomorrow and get in a good workout.

cckayac
01-26-2008, 07:42 AM
Hello everyone sorry I have been MIA but between work exercise and my home life it gets pretty crazy. I have had a pretty good workout week today is day 3 at the gym which means over 3 hrs. of gym exercise and my stairs and walks at work. I did take the elevator yesterday for the first time in along time due to carrying so much. But it felt weird doing it as I put it in my head stairs! stairs! and up I normally go. Oh well! My intake today was swinging a bit: B- sunflower toast 2 and 2 poached eggs
L- Chinese oh naughty broc. ck. egg roll !
D- one pizza slice with sausage not really so good tasting wasted my cals actually looking back at it. and 6 good tasting drum sticks with hot sauce. I guess maybe just having the drums would of been better next time. So it wasn't the best food day but gives me room to improve today.
I am off to the gym after breakfast of 2 poached eggs and sunflower bread blk coffee.
Bella I have read to becareful not to go to low on cals as its not so good either seems like 1200 is kind of low. I usually try for around 1400 or so. You might want to ck that out with a couple different books. If you eat to little then most of us binge or feel hungry better to have a few more cals and let them be healthier choices. Just a thought.
Rakel sounds like the job is satisfying good for you. The rest will come tog. when you make a routine etc.
Beverlyjoy those are good questions. I think being overwt. sure takes its toll on how we feel about ourselves and self esteem. When I work out and make healthy choices my mood and well being is on a high.
What energizes me and motivates me once I start working out and eating properly is how much better I feel overall and generally speaking it motivates me to continue. But slipping up I can't let it get the best of me I am trying to learn if you screw up one day realize it and shake it off jump right back in. Otherwise its to easy to let the devil get us and cont. down the path of goodies and nonexercise road which leads me to a not feeling so good about things in general or myself. Well thats it girls gotta fly and have my eggs which I read recently are so good to help keep us full longer and satisfied so far its working most days. I only screwed up yesterday the rest of my week was pretty darn good.

Beverlyjoy
01-26-2008, 08:20 AM
Hi folks...stayed with my plan yesterday. I stayed OFF the scale too (not getting on until Wed). I did meditation three timess. Since I am not exercising right now...it's a wonderful way to get seretonin.

Tonight DH and I are going out to supper. Our son and his wife got us a Gift Card to Hyde Park...it's kind of fancy and should be good.

hanging with my honey today
out to Hyde Park for supper tonight
meditation
stretches
water
journal food
PMA

breakfast - grits, cheese, flax
snack - clementine
lunch - turkey ham, open face, green bean salad
snack - apple
dinner out - broiled lobter tail, hearts of palm salad, streamed asparagus, roll , couple bites of a choc. dessert.
snack - ceral, milk

cckayac - oo..what's naughty brocolli - love the name. Good plan.

rakel - so glad you're doing well with your plan.

lindy - sounds good to me - good plan. Your calorie range sounds good and livable, too.

schmoodle - good plan...hope everyone get well and stay well at your house

I hope everyone has a GREAT and healthy day.

rakel
01-26-2008, 10:45 AM
Thanks everybody-- and I think you're right cckayac, once I get settled into my new job and know my schedule better a routine will naturally develop (well, not without a little determination of course.)

Last night John and I went out for a walk -- I didn't work out a sweat, but we must have walked for at least a half hour if not an hour -- I wasn't looking at the time. My legs were all blotchy red and felt weird like they always do after I walk for a long time.

*EDIT* Just got on the scale and it reads 272.5 -- whoo hoo! :)

kissingginger
01-26-2008, 11:29 AM
Wow - hi everyone, I'm back :)

I feel better today, not enough to exercise, but I am up and ready to go. Here is my plan:

B: 1 slice of bread (70 cal) and 1 tbsp of peanut butter, 1 banana
s: apple
l: chicken salad
s: not sure, maybe another slice of bread/PB
d: taco salad

I am a bit queasy still, so I am laying off the raw veggies for snack, but I'll incorporate them in my lunch/dinner...I don't think I can face red peppers/cucumbers or vinegar for awhile :(

Yesterday's food was 3 stone wheat thins, 2 cups of pedialite and water. I could barely manage those crackers.

Needless to say, I could not resist the scale this morning! It says 257.4. Ha! I am not going to say I'm not happy about that number, but I am certainly not going to change my ticker until Monday. I know it's not a "real" number but it sure looks good!

Rakel: my legs get blotchy and itchy when I walk or run, either way you went out and did something!! 272!! whoo hooo!!

BeverlyJoy: have fun tonight at the restaurant :)

cckayac: nice to see you post!

bella23: Nice to see you here! It's a great place to write it out and see what lies ahead for your day.

Schmoodle: hope you can stay healthy in the midst of all that sickness around you....

mj5
01-26-2008, 12:52 PM
Hi everyone! So much for my plan to sleep in today... I was up at 5am like normal. Ugh, at least I was able to get a LOT accomplished. House is clean, laundry is almost done, freezers are organized, bills are paid, salad is made--we are ordering pizza for dinner so I wanted to make sure we had a nice big salad to eat first! Tomorrow will be my lazy day....the dogs and I will just lounge! Hubby will be gone for most of the day, so we can be lazy!

I already did my exercise for the day--an ab/core/upper body on a stability ball dvd. I am sure I will be sore later! ;) I am about to have some lunch, but wanted to pop in here first!

cckayac--Sounds like you are doing well!

kissingginger--Great job on the measurements!

beverlyjoy--How are you doing? Have fun at dinner!

purplefirefly--Good for you for sticking to the healthy stuff! It stinks that it is SO much more expensive than the junk! Does that mean hubby is home a bit more right now?

rakel--the job sounds great!

ellie--Welcome!

schmoodle--hope you stay healthy!

Lindy--Welcome!

Enjoy the weekend everyone!

Schmoodle
01-26-2008, 07:13 PM
Hi chicks, first chance to check in today, so no menu, but food has been good today. I'm pondering my evening treat now, hmmm Greek yogurt, or NSA Butter Pecan Ice Cream. One is definitely healthier, but I am definitely leaning towards the other!
So far, so good, DD and I are not sick (yet, knock on wood).
I have a lovely evening planned of a bubble bath, menu planning for the week, and some mindless television or reading.
Hope you chicks are having a wonderful weekend!

cckayac
01-27-2008, 10:18 AM
Bev the oh naughty was the chinese itself not so healthy for me. I could of been better but no sense in crying now huh?
Kissinginger I also like taco salads I have leftover chili from last night maybe mon. lunch will be a some taco salad reformed from leftovers. Thanks for the idea.
mj5 think of the cals you burned cleaning and then exercising. good for you.
Schmoodles I raally wanted some walnut ice cream yesterday so I had it but only one scoop sometimes having what we really want is worth it in the long run. So I guess a little less and having what you want might be the right choice? So which way did you decide? Just curious?
Todays plans: oatmeal h.m. w/walnuts, little br. sugar and one sm. rasp. coffee bread
Lunch: some ham in a salad with h.m. dressing low cal.
Dinner: pork roast lean, carrots roasted, caul. mashed w/garlic/ little promise marg.
Snack: yogurt, berries, walnuts, 10 little choc. semi. chips
Drinks:blk coffee, herbal teas, water......... At least 8 glasses for the day.
Exercise 3 miles around the lake with my doggie its sunny and in the 20's. Yesterday exercise was aqua fit.

Schmoodle
01-27-2008, 10:30 AM
cc, I have to admit, I ended up having both!:o

mj5
01-27-2008, 10:33 AM
Hi everyone! I was doing great yesterday until dinner. I knew we were ordering pizza, even planned for it. The pizza wasn't the problem. Hubby threw me a curve when he wanted wings. Now, normally wings don't even appeal to me and if they do I usually resist. Well, he ordered some garlic wings and garlic is one of my most favorite things ever. Unfortunately, when it comes to these wings, that meant greasy, garlic-y...you get the picture! I only ate a few, and two small pieces of pizza, but I feel terrible today. Ugh! I know better! My body just cannot take that icky greasy food--it never could, but now it really can't. I know I would have been satisfied w/ the pizza and salad and would have felt fine. No sense beating myself up over it, it's done. There are leftovers, but I know I won't be eating them! I let this happen every so often...I think I 'forget' how I feel after eating that junk and WOW it doesn't take much to remember!

The good news is, I have a fantastic healthy dinner planned--one of Ellie Krieger's recipes--shrimp w/ tomatoes and feta and I serve it over brown rice. Mmmm, I can't wait!

Hubby is at a baseball card show today (side business--baseball is his 2nd love), so it's me and the dogs. As a special treat I bought them their favorite chew bones, so they are very happy dogs today! I am going to settle down for some mindless tv--I have a bunch of shows recorded--I am a What Not To Wear junkie, although I must say I learn a lot from watching! I am also going to check out the Food Network--looking for some healthier snacks to make for the Superbowl.

Schmoodle--Ooh, bubble bath, thanks for the reminder! I almost forgot I have a new packet a bubble bath stuff just waiting for me today!

cckayac--Good think I burned some calories cleaning and exercising...I totally blew it on dinner! Awesome exercise for you yesterday! Bet your dogs loved going for a walk outside!

rakel
01-27-2008, 11:24 AM
Yesterday we were invited to an engagement party at the last minute. I hadn't eaten hardly anything so by the time we got there I was starved. I'm not sure really how to add everything up, but I stuck to the vegan options and kept my portions small (salad, veggies, tofu with rice, and some manicotti) I think I was doing pretty well until it came time for dessert -- cake, chocolate fondu, chocolates -- I had it all, lol. The scale says 273 today, so not too bad. Back on plan today! I'm meeting with a photographer this afternoon at Panera. We're trading a website for wedding photography, so we're just going to meet face to face and discuss a few things -- nothing major, just to get to know each other because I thought it would be a good idea to meet before the wedding, which is in 2 months. I think I'm just going to get some soup -- it's something cheap since we still don't have a lot of money yet (I get paid on the 6th). Plus, I can eat some of their veggie soup and still be on plan. Though I may be lured by the french onion...

kissingginger
01-27-2008, 11:24 AM
Hi everyone!

I'm feeling okay today (still recovering) but poor hubby has what I had. So it's definitely not e-coli since we aren't eating any of the same foods, it's probably the bug one of the kids had last week...luckily the other two haven't got sick yet. Oh weighed myself again today, still holding strong at 257 - I am thrilled and can't wait for my official weigh in tomorrow. I am so determined to have a good "on plan" day so I don't mess up my weight loss numbers.

As for today:

b: oats, berries and tea
s: turkey soup
s: I'm tempted to have plain popcorn, but I will see if I need it or not.

Mj5: I am such a reality TV junkie and what not to wear is high on my list of recorded stuff....I love that show!!!! Although I have to say, I am a total fashion disaster, I know I should try better, but I just can't.

cckayac: I love taco salad too, hope you enjoy yours!

Schmoodle: both evening treats sound great! YUM.

Purplefirefly
01-27-2008, 12:15 PM
:wave: hi everyone! I'm sorry I've not been around much, but we are about to start some renovations on our home in a couple weeks and we've been out trying to get ready for that. Hubby has been home and we had a lot to get done before he left out again, but he'll be leaving again this afternoon sometime and I'll be around more this week. I have to come up with some idea of how I want to do our bathroom...we'll be redoing it all from the floor up, so I have to decide on colors, style, etc. I am not a good decorating person, just don't have that knack, so it is stressful right now! Hubby is no help, he doesn't care long as it's not yellow or green :shrug:

I have been as on plan as possible, the biggest fault being not eating soon enough and eating too much because I"m starving. But, I'm showing 2 lb. down for the week, so I am happy with that.

I did the frontside Jillian DVD on Tues. and the backside on Thursday and the sides of my back are STILL SORE!!!!!! Not real bad sore, but still sore. They both really work the back, so I don't understand how I'm supposed to do them two days in a row, rotating :?: I might call her show today and ask if I am doing something wrong because the first one shouldn't work the back, but it really hit mine. I got through last time, maybe I can again, who knows.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-27-2008, 12:38 PM
[QUOTE=Purplefirefly;2022387 I have to come up with some idea of how I want to do our bathroom...we'll be redoing it all from the floor up, so I have to decide on colors, style, etc. I am not a good decorating person, just don't have that knack, so it is stressful right now! Hubby is no help, he doesn't care long as it's not yellow or green :shrug:
[/QUOTE]

If you have Home & Garden Television, check out a show called "Save My Bath." It comes on Friday evenings, however, they have been showing repeats in the afternoon. Just remember, everything they do can be done somewhat cheaper.;) Also, the HGTV website has a designer's portfolio that can give you some great ideas for color combinations. Personally, I like the spa colors in a bathroom.....soft blues, aquas, sands....the colors of the ocean and the beach.

kissingginger
01-27-2008, 03:51 PM
Well already my food plan has been derailed. This is just to show to everyone that while planning is great, and is ABSOLUTELY necessary for weight loss or weight management (IMO) that it sometimes can be curtailed by plans unforeseen.

Above I posted my plan for today:
: oats, berries and tea
s: turkey soup
s: I'm tempted to have plain popcorn, but I will see if I need it or not.

And so far here's what has happened:

b: made oats, took one bite, felt yucky. waited an hour. Had tea.
b2: made 1 pc. of bread (70 cal) and 1 tbsp of peanut butter (actually less PB, but whatever!)
S: didn't happen. not hungry. Feeling queasy over PB sandwich
L: still not feeling well enough to eat a "meal"
S: eating kids organic sesame street crackers. about 1/4 cup. They are salty and just feel right. All my crackers are organic, wheat/gluten free with falx and sesame seeds and ....which is usually great, but today, not so much! If there is one thing I think is great it's that I am not susceptible to it's kids food!! Never was, never will be.
D: I have no idea now!~

I am pretty sure since it's 1245pm, that I will eat another small snack this afternoon....(maybe an apple?) and maybe another small snack given how small my calories are at today.

So sometimes, you just never know! I thought I had it all planned out. But not feeling 100%, I just need to give myself that extra lea way...I have had plenty of water today, and I think I am going to skip again on the exercise. the point is to be healthy and revitalized when this is "sick" is over.

Ginger

PS me-thinks my dream of 257lbs. tomorrow might be a real one!!!! Whooo!! I'll take it when I can get it! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

rakel
01-27-2008, 04:02 PM
Just thought I'd mention that before I hopped in the shower, the scale went back to 272.5, so I'm taking that as no change from yesterday... cool :) Today I met with my photographer for the wedding at Panera, I just got some soup and a salad, so I did pretty well, I think! I succumbed to the french onion, but I figure there are worse things I could do :P Like Wendy's.

Beverlyjoy
01-27-2008, 05:41 PM
Hi folks...I just have a moment. Yesterday, my hubby surprised me - I was on the computer yesterday afternoon, came out of my office and there stood my neice. She yelled "surprise"! In the living room was my wonderful SIL and stepmom. My sweet husband planned a surprse 30 th wedding anniversary party. Soon walked in my son, DIL and 11 month grandson - from out of state! He said we were going out for Chinese food. When we got there - there were more family and friends. He REALLY surprised me! It was wonderful. - a great celebration And... I didn't over eat - and I am grateful for that.

MOnday we'll go out again for our annviersary - just the two of us.

Purplefirefly
01-27-2008, 10:59 PM
Beverly---What a wonderful hubby you have! Happy anniversary!

rakel--I think you did pretty well, be proud!

Ginger--I hope you feel much better tomorrow. You'll be ready to go full steam ahead soon.

Rhonda--thanks for those tips, I will definitely check out that show and the website. This is our first home and it's hubby's childhood house, so it is a great house but is old needs so much work I feel overwhelmed. We were supposed to go one thing at a time, but suddenly hubby has 3 things going at once :dizzy: My job is just picking colors and such, but I totally SUCK at this type of thing and he is not helping much :( I'm just trying to find a picture of something I really like and we can immitate best we can in our budget (which isn't much at this point). I have NO ideas of my own at this point.