South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 11:04 PM   #1  

Unhappy Why?

Today made two weeks that I have been on P1, I have not cheated at all.
But, or some reason I keep cravig for fast food and sweets. I have even thougt of cheating but I have not. I thought the cravings were was supposse to stop.

What can I do to get me threw?

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:39 PM   #2  
maggiegirl

S/C/G: 189/ticker/135

Height: 5' 4"

Hang in there!! The cravings will get better- you may want to take a closer look at your diet and see if there are things triggering your cravings; too much salt or sweetner, etc?
I think fast food cravings are some of the toughest- stay prepared with healthy snacks nearby- break up your normal routines so that if you used to always get fast food for lunch, make a new lunch routine, etc. Just my suggestions - things that work for me! Also I find that a little tea or coffee helps me if I'm feeling hungry or craving something. if you're trying to cut caffeine then do de-caf!
Old 01-19-2008, 07:34 AM   #3  

Whenever I get cravings to eat fast food, I think about how much yucky stuff is in the food and how I don't want to put that junk back into my body after going without!
Old 01-19-2008, 08:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Physical cravings and emotional cravings are two different things. I don't have the physical cravings any more too much, but when I am going through a rough time, I definitely have emotional cravings.
If you want to post what you eat in a day, we can take a look at it and maybe give you some better feedback.
I know I have to give myself lots of legal "treats", and make sure I really love everything that I eat, so I feel pampered.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 155/141/138

Height: 5'7"

I hear you! I have had great success, but never really feel that the cravings have gone away either. I simply chose to ignore them most of the time! While on phase 1, I remove everything I should not have from my house to limit temptation (I am unlikely to go out and get it, but if it is in the frigde/cupboard I will eat it).

In my strong moments I do believe it is a mental craving and not a physical one, but when I want something I have a hard time telling the difference. Stay strong and know that your will power, fuled by the positve results of this way of life, can carry you through the cravings.

Ally
Old 01-19-2008, 03:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: South Beach Baby! 297/282/250

Height: 5'4"

I am now in Phase 2 (as of this morning) and I also struggled with cravings the whole time I was in Phase 1. I was a little disappointed at first. I expected what I had read. But I had to remind myself that I'm me. I'm different than everyone else so I can't expect to have the same experience as everyone else. Once I came to terms with that it was easier. The thing that helped me the very most was always always having things on hand that were good snacks that I loved. String cheese has saved my life!! I know it can be frustrating but just hang on! It's all worth it.

Old 01-19-2008, 11:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 187/173/125

Height: 5'6"

I agree with Schmoodle, I think you may be eating something that may be triggering your cravings. Too much sugar, salt, sweets, etc. Could you post a normal days food log for us to analyze? You may not even be realizing how a small amount of something sweet or salty can keep those cravings alive.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:58 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 260/256/180

Congrats on completing phrase 1, so did I, and ladies are right, the cravings will stop in time. The fudgescicles saved me. Sweetie, everyone is different. Hang in there. You can do it.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:17 PM   #9  
Enjoying healthy living

Height: 5'9"

Another thing to consider... your monthly cycle. I'm sorry, but, that little bugger still makes me crave all the bad, bad things I shouldn't eat. How has your cycle figured into your p1 weeks?

Hang in there! We're all here for you!!!!!!!
Closed Thread